Nier A-tomato Thread

A lot of spoilers where detected in this thread.
Proposal: Play the game before posting here.

What is the meaning of the tower?

What the fuck is the red girl shift?

Who was behind YorHa anyway? The Machine Network? Non-YorHa androids? Another fucking crazy AI?

How does 2B and 9S get the virus despite not having the update at any moment?

Why does Pascal return to the village after getting memory wiped?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nier:_Automata
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geosynchronous_orbit
nier.wikia.com/wiki/YoRHa_Stage_Play
nier.wikia.com/wiki/The_Red_and_the_Black
nier2.com/blog/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/
nier2.com/blog/yorha-stage-play/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The end of the game reminds me of MGS2. I'm going through the game again (gave up my 80 hour 100% save a while ago now) and the endgame of route [C] [D] has me in the analytic mindset of interpreting the red girl as a framework for the game itself and the cyclical nature of the setting reflecting repeat playthroughs of games in general. 2B is the face of the game but ultimately it's 9S that's the propelling force of the game, reflecting the player ultimately being the driving force of any game by interacting with it.

More questions that didn't have a real answer in last thread.

Pods can read Angelic but we were unable to read the boss names until after Ending A

Why was 7E in the original prologue mission without an undercover identity if the Type-E andriods are S-Level secret.

What was the point of Adam and Eve's tantrum if the little girls were behind everything? What did they do?

To try and answer some of OP's questions.

>Who was behind YorHa anyway? The Machine Network? Non-YorHa androids? Another fucking crazy AI?

It was Non-YoRHa androids specifically at the start, on the level of the original Popola and Devola. It was a mass conspiracy to restore andriod morale with only the andriods currently on the moon being privy to the information. At some point the machines took over, and used YoRHa to "push their own evolution".

>How does 2B and 9S get the virus despite not having the update at any moment?

For 9S if you're talking about the end in the tower, it wasn't necessarily the same virus, it's completely possible he was infected with another one with all the hacking he did everywhere possible, especially in the soul box. Even if it was the same virus, he was repeatedly ignoring his bots warning to do a date overhaul and never properly protected himself. In fact, when he first detected the noise when hacking the server, it may have been too late, but because he only had partial infection, it took way longer. There are many reasons why 9S could become infected. As per 2B, the brief exposure explanation is also possible, and because she has very limited hacking capabilities, the virus could kill her much faster. There's again the possibility that it was not the same virus though, as, instead of turning her, it seemed to be actively destroying her body unlike other androids. Be aware that because 2B is also 2E, she may have had a separate connection to the server that 9S would not be privy too. This second part is pure speculation.

2B being a bait protagonist like Snake in MGS2 was awesome. The entire second half of the game was fucking gonzo, it's probably the most surprised I've been by a video game in a long time.

>Why was 7E in the original prologue mission without an undercover identity if the Type-E andriods are S-Level secret

To expand on this, was the quest to kill the rogue YoHRa members issued to all units in the area or just to 2B and 9S? If I am correct in remembering it was just for 2B and 9S I find it sort of odd that 2B was put on her "regular duty" while still with 9S.

I am getting tired of constantly typing out spoiler tags

Pirates would honestly be missing out if they play the cracked game.

How lazy are you?

How lazy are you?

I didn't know Holla Forums was intuitive enough to use the asterisk spoilers and I didn't want to risk trying.

>To expand on this, was the quest to kill the rogue YoHRa members issued to all units in the area or just to 2B and 9S? If I am correct in remembering it was just for 2B and 9S I find it sort of odd that 2B was put on her "regular duty" while still with 9S.

It seems to have been everyone but just like how "everyone was supposed to investigate the underground cavern" 2B and 9S respond the fastest. Afterall, the same orders were issued for A2 when first met, it's harder to kill loyal member that know the truth, but traitors are easy as you just label them deserters and everyone would be understanding in why they need to die.

heh poorfag

Also note that this wasn't a normal Type-E mission where you befriend and then kill the target, this was just a "kill on sight" short of things.

is spoilering even necessary at this point? It only took 3 days to 100% the game.

not everyone is an autist that can play games for 5-10 hours at a time.

>it's harder to kill loyal member that know the truth

Are we just assuming that they were all going rogue because they discovered the truth? It's made pretty clear that 9S only found out because he was an advanced model, but the battle units didn't exactly have the hacking skills to break into the Bunker servers and such. One of the logs mention that the machine core can cause androids to turn hostile, but it never seemed like the rogue units had just gone randomly evil.

In regards to What was the point of Adam and Eve's tantrum if the little girls were behind everything? What did they do?
I think they were being observed to gain situational data. They're the product of the machine evolution process up to this point and giving them free reign lets the red girls gain data on their current state also I think it's worth noting how Eve and 9S both basically go off the deep end after losing the one they care most about, showing how close machines and YoRHa androids are given they're both, at their cores, the same. The girls can let them clash with 2B and 9S to gauge how close the Machines are getting to the androids. That's just my late night rambling though. I'm sure other people have better more lore sourced answers.

He's saying it's easier for everyone to get behind killing a traitor than removing a loyalist who's too inquisitive. Doesn't matter if they were actually rogue or not, they were labelled as such and therefore it's fine in everyone's eyes to kill them. They're clearly traitors after all.

Not him but I don't want to support Denuvo, nor have any of that infesting my PC

I understand that. I am now wondering if they even knew the truth.

Nah anyone could abandon YoRHa for any number of reasons but with a military operation of this scale and andriods there would be little pity for them to be killed on site. It's not like there's a real safe zone on earth for rogue andriods as they are either.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be standard to kill all traitors as, there's no way of being neutral in the current conflict.

For those in particular the Captain might have but I don't think the subordinates did, from the conversation, it's all speculative though. There's plenty of reasons an andriod would abandon post as their not all perfect, bad models come up that are cowardly.

Another question, does anyone know why the two drug dealer robots in the desert aren't in trouble for going AWOL? Or is there mission to be high in the desert?

I can't remember what they were supposed to be doing but I guess whatever it was it doesn't require going anywhere else since they seem to be fine still being there even though they're high as a kite 24/7

>What the fuck is the red girl shift?

When you say shift are you referring to the meltdown after the personality fracturing? Or is that a misspelled "shit"?

Why?

What I want from Taro in his next game is this. The "you are the real monster and the second time around you get to see how monstrous your actions were" bit has become standard for him at this point. I want the protagonist to be given the choice to not do the terrible thing, but it not be explicit that you can avoid doing the terrible thing. That way, when you do the terrible thing, it is your fault and the game lets you know this by making the fact that you can not do the terrible thing more explicit the second time around. Also, this way you can actually get an ending other than A on your first try. I think this is what I want because of this (You).
If the terrible thing could have been avoided in these instances, I would have made the good choice in the A2 fight, and the bad choice in the Adam fight. It's important though, that the choice is not made explicit, and that if this kind of choice appears more than once and the terrible thing is optional, that avoiding the terrible thing is sometimes the result of taking the obvious action rather than avoiding it.

Another instance where I believed I had outsmarted the game and avoided the terrible thing was the three way decision you can make about Pascal. I chose to leave him to his misery. I did not want to kill him, and believed erasing his memories would lead him to make the same mistakes. I should have thought more carefully, about the context of the situation. Maybe then I would have realized that if I would not kill him, he would kill himself. This is one of those times where the game succeeded in making me feel some guilt about my actions, making feel as a coward rather than clever, for avoiding the choice Pascal gave me.

It's sad when you do the terrible thing and are forced to realize it the second time around, but you often can't feel responsible for the terrible thing, because it was the thing you're supposed to do in order to move the plot forward. Automata's final ending gave this feeling as I came to realize that while getting the final ending the easy way I was unwittingly sacrificing the save data of others. There were ways to avoid doing the terrible thing here. One nigh impossible option is to do it solo, but another is to simply not lose anyone. It's not as hard as it sounds. The massive increase in fire power makes it easy to not take any hits as long as you kill everything quickly enough. It makes you feel guilt for the terrible thing, because you could have avoided it had you only tried a little harder. This helps in the guilt trip that makes you want even more to sacrifice your own data. I sacrificed the second time around, and I didn't lose anyone either, but I will always feel responsible for not trying hard enough the first time. I lost three people the first time.

>What is the meaning of the tower?
I like to believe 9S's view of things that it was an ark. I can't think of any reason that the Red Girl would want to blow up the moon and the human server.

>What the fuck is the red girl shift?
From Jackass's machine research report
Having acquired information regarding humanity, the network's structure changed once more, becoming what might better be called a meta network (or a "concept", to borrow the words of the machines). This led directly to the formation of the ego we identify as N2.
I have been referring the change the machine network's structure underwent when acquiring information about humanity, that resulted in the creation of the Red Girl ego i.e. N2, the Red Girl shift for convenience.

>Who was behind YorHa anyway? The Machine Network? Non-YorHa androids? Another fucking crazy AI?
A couple anons without evidence keep trying to claim the machine network controlled YoRHa in this way. Nobody has been able to prove it though so have this instead.
The news of humanity's extinction was meant to be a closely guarded secret, but rumors of the event eventually began to leak out. Having lost the one thing which they were programmed to protect, android morale began a precipitous decline. Concerned by this turn of events, Command designed Project YoRHa as a means to lift android spirits.
Who Command is, is left unclear but it's strongly implied to high ranking androids in war against the machines.

I assumed the virus more directly hacked them, and without the Bunker constantly created and sending vaccine updates, it was only a matter of time. This is just a guess.

>Why does Pascal return to the village after getting memory wiped?
Coincidence or lingering memories that you didn't truly delete?

>Pods can read Angelic but we were unable to read the boss names until after Ending A
I'd put this in the category of information the characters do not truly have access to in the same way you don't canonically view Jackass's report.

>Why was 7E in the original prologue mission without an undercover identity if the Type-E andriods are S-Level secret.
>You, 2B are a 2E unit. Likely you and the Operator were allowed access to 7E's undercover status so as not to interfere with mission unintentionally. We don't know if the other YoRHa units could see that 7E was 7E, or even here the Operator refer to her as such. There may even have been a filter that simply changed any reference to 7E to 7B when communicating indirectly to the other units. This is just a guess though.

>What was the point of Adam and Eve's tantrum if the little girls were behind everything? What did they do?
Adam didn't throw a tantrum, he just had you kill him. Eve through a tantrum because you killed Adam. This very conveniently led to YoRHa thinking they had struck a fatal blow to the machine network, thus they went on an all out assault, thus the destruction of the bunker was accelerated. I believe Adam and Eve were sacrificial pawns for this purpose, but don't have strong enough evidence for it, as I don't know if they were created before or after the Red Girl shift.

>At some point the machines took over, and used YoRHa to "push their own evolution".
At what point? There's no evidence of them controlling any of YoRHa before until right before they take over and destroy the Bunker. They did let A2 and 9S live and ascend the tower for this purpose though

>Another question, does anyone know why the two drug dealer robots in the desert aren't in trouble for going AWOL? Or is there mission to be high in the desert?
I don't think they're AWOL. They're still at their post, they're just spending their time creatively until they have to do something else. I don't really know though.

God I need to proof read my shit.

>I like to believe 9S's view of things that it was an ark. I can't think of any reason that the Red Girl would want to blow up the moon and the human server.

I agree with this, it was probably the terminals goal to go to some other planet to reach it's evolution even more since the aliens aren't there to transport them anymore. A giant space cannon not at the moon but deeper space. Purely speculative of course.

>At what point? There's no evidence of them controlling any of YoRHa before until right before they take over and destroy the Bunker. They did let A2 and 9S live and ascend the tower for this purpose though.

And the reason for letting them is to "drive their evolution" the entire A2 "fight" where you wait for the terminal to have a schizophrenic breakdown is because they thought they had reached "perfect evolution" but one "wanted to let A2 go to cause even more trouble" and the other thought she was too dangerous. They obviously let her up the tower along with 9S as they were not serious threats, which is true, the only reason they died is because they developed what I can only say as "Schizophrenia" within the terminal. The network at least before this point had a major objective to "achieve evolution" and used various stimulus to do so. Else why would they even consider letting A2 go? In addition, while it's true that they didn't obviously have any affect until the bunker hack we plainly see them at Ending B. And how would they know that there was a backdoor with a timer on it? Or did they randomly try to access it at the exact same time as that timer expired?

>>You, 2B are a 2E unit. Likely you and the Operator were allowed access to 7E's undercover status so as not to interfere with mission unintentionally. We don't know if the other YoRHa units could see that 7E was 7E, or even here the Operator refer to her as such. There may even have been a filter that simply changed any reference to 7E to 7B when communicating indirectly to the other units. This is just a guess though.

Speculation is speculation but it's as good an explanation as any.

Wait are the Operators privy to S-class information? I thought only Commander was? Or is the E-Type just A-Class or whatever?

*A-class secret

Is there any way to get the damn game at 60fps? No matter what I change the settings to it's always 55fps. The fuck is up with this port?

tfw when I also walked out on Pascal, thinking i had found a convenient way to allow him to live

instead he just says "how could you A2" in a way that made me feel really bad

tfw i went back to look for him to see where he went. I didn't know he truly killed himself until you just said this

Is it explained exactly how the virus was spread? I don't really under stand it.

> they're just spending their time creatively until they have to do something else

Does getting high protect you from logical viruses? How did other YoHRa units like 4S survive it? I assume units like 2A didn't get it because they weren't connected to the Bunker in any way, which I assumed served as the virus's point of deployment, even though the units in the Bunker were the last to get it

Why was there so many references to the watchers with machines? Was it all because of project Gestalt? Did YoRHa start over even though the machines are all gone?

Here's another thing that's been bothering the hell out of me. What exactly is the advantage of transporters to andriods? The original stated reason they exist is because "it's expensive to use the flt units to go to and from the bunker so you are given a temporary body while in the bunker to conduct business".

There are so many problems with this. Andriod are able to have information directly ported to their brain, and if not them the pods, so there's never a reason to go in person for serious matters as that can be done over official matters. It doesn't allow andriods to retrieve equipment because the equipment can't be taken through the transpoter. (Remember it isn't teleportation, it's specifically stated to be them occupying a temporary body). Even if we assume there was some reason an andriod would need to be at another location extremely quickly, why does YoRHa not have giant transporters to get units to almost any location instantly? Or at the very least utilize it one at a time for certain units? Why are these things all over the place if all of them are only a temporary body? Why do all the "temporary bodies" look exactly like the android using them? Why is 9S allowed to use the transporter network after the bunker was compromised? Why is A2 allowed to use it at all?

I understand why they exist from a gameplay perspective but the in world explanation is bullshit.

2B OR NOT 2B?

LALALALALA WATCHERS

Did you install the FAR patch, disable Global Illumination and lower the resolution?
See: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nier:_Automata

Ass is the question.

The record pertaining to the existence of an E-class is not explicitly given a secrecy classification.

>And how would they know that there was a backdoor with a timer on it? Or did they randomly try to access it at the exact same time as that timer expired?
They were likely always trying to access the bunker, and thus when the backdoor opened they immediately took over as planned by those above YoRHa. Whether or not they knew about the backdoor and intentionally accelerated its opening I cannot say. This is why I don't have strong enough evidence that Adam and Eve were sacrificial pawns in order to trick YoRHa and accelerate the opening the of backdoor. Their usefulness for this purpose seems too convenient for me though. Is there any evidence of the machine network at any point being aware of the backdoor before it is opened?

Go to the canyon where you fight the Lord of the Valley.

>How did other YoHRa units like 4S survive it?
4S is an S model of course. He has good firewalls like 9S and unlike 9S is not making direct contact with enemy wifi all willy-nilly. He lets you gather data for him, like the sneaky parasite he is.

>I assume units like 2A didn't get it because they weren't connected to the Bunker in any way
A2 probably completely disconnected all her wireless capabilities. She would have no need of them after YoRHa betrays her, and would thus be insulated from infection, both from the Bunker, and from direct wireless attack by the machines.

>there's never a reason to go in person for serious matters as that can be done over official matters.
I believe it's supposed to be more secure in the same way email that is only accessible from a transporter is stated to be. As for everything else you see that is wrong with it. They are teleporters, they just don't teleport you back to the bunker as the longer distance isn't feasible. Another reason to return to the bunker is personal belongings. You have a room there, with stuff in it. Many androids have not work related interests, and by returning you can speak with anyone in the bunker you like without having create a secure channel. Returning also you get a flight unit when necessary. If you really want to poke a hole in this, you should be asking how you kept all you're unique weapons when transferring consciousness back to bunker just before you're second use the black box reaction or the fact that you have access to all these weapons whenever you use consciousness transfer to return to the bunker. I'd chalk that bit up to the same video game logic that occurred in NieR when they made the joke about getting a weapon you already had during your second play through as part of the main story. What really bothers me about this inconsistency is how they have you recover Virtuous Treaty. Funny thing is I went back and retrieved the weapon long before the game told me to.

well, A2 had very little to do with Pascal, other than fighting beside him and doing a quest before you're given the option, so i guess it's perfectly within character of A2 to just leave?
I have no Idea.

If Andriods have faster than light transportation methods why on earth are rockets to send supplies still at thing? The ones to the moon base are a dummy but the Bunker needs resources. Also why don't they have rail guns if they can accelerate particles faster than the speed of light if it's literally teleportation? As for the weapons, chips and shit. There's no good explanation for that but the game didn't explicitly tell me how that worked. I can ignore it because it is just another mechanic, but it specifically explained what the transporters do and it's dumb instead of it just being left unsaid, in addition, at least one transporter was already useable before they gave you access, the one in the resistance camp always worked.

Whoops accidentally forgot spoilers.

Neo-Holla Forums is so shit that one can farm spoiler salt in this place.
Also stop pretending this is a good game just because it has ass, steamfags.

Could you elaborate?

I never considered anyone the possible actions you could take out of character. How did that come into question?

The one in the resistance camp is always doing consciousness transfer to the bunker like the rest. There is never explained to be a teleporter that can reach the bunker. It's the network that has to be brought up. I don't know if, or think that, transporters can reach the moon. Besides that, the sending of materials to the moon is a ploy anyways. Just another thing to reassure people androids that humanity still exists. Another thing is that it's not necessarily faster than light and is never stated to be so, just faster than walking.

anyone any of*

I was just thinking it might have been justified due to acting as her character, but it's not the most obvious choice you could take, so whatever.
I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Then you were using words poorly, teleportation is instant, that's why they're called transporters as it's not actually moving anything. I'm not talking about the moon, the Bunker and any other satellite will still need supplies from time to time, how else are they sending it up other than the rockets? Every single transporter on the ground can move someone to the moon base and vice versa, so the resistance camp is just like any other it was just working sooner. If the transporters aren't literally transportation, there is no reason for them to exist. Information transfer is a moot point, resource transfer is not, as it just moves the bots mind to another body.

*literally teleportation

Also that time you lose virtuous treaty and need to get it back, it was a large scale operation and it was specifically stated that they "couldn't retrieve the resources at the time" probably because the area was swarming, which is why that time you had to go pick it up yourself post fact once you got there, anywhere else and it's stated that the bunker makes supply drops which also implies they can pick things up. The only things they couldn't retrieve would be the plug in chips currently impended in the androids systems. Which is why you can have multiple sets and only lose the one equipped and need to get it yourself.

>Every single transporter on the ground can move someone to the moon base and vice versa
Not single transporter does that. It's all consciousness transfer.

>the Bunker and any other satellite will still need supplies from time to time, how else are they sending it up other than the rockets?
Nobody ever said they weren't.

>the resistance camp is just like any other it was just working sooner.
Yes

>If the transporters aren't literally [instantaneous] teleportation, there is no reason for them to exist.
It's faster than walking and often faster than riding an animal.

My heart can't take this… I think the third time I do this, I'm going to kill Pascal.

It would be faster if it was actually teleportation.

I said the rockets were needed to get supplies to the satellites and you responded the rockets to the moon were a dummy. (Although mostly empty they did have rare metals and water being sent because even servers need maintenance.)

The problem here is that the andriods are specifically built with certain functions. If we state it's just a conscious transfer, then the consciousness is moving to a new andriod that is theoretically built to be exactly like the one moving to it. Problem, A2 is an outdated model with a mode that newer models are explicitly not made with whatsoever. So if A2 is using the transporters she's moving to a newer "template" andriod each time but still retaining a feature impossible for her to have in anything but her main body. If they're not teleportation then how are they moving shit? We saw Jackass install one at the bottom of the crater so it's not like there's some piping network connecting the transporters on earth, because that wouldn't be installable in a matter of hours. How are they moving things from transporter to transporter if it's that fast, isn't teleportation and isn't conscious transfer?

To expand on this, 9S has certain functionalities and equipment that is unique to his make-up in comparision to 2B for example. They couldn't just mind transfer to one dummy temporary body in particular as they would lose major specializations. And in order to undergo change of use like 21O changing to a B-Type, they need to go under major adjustment. So the idea that these temporary andriods bodies are templates that can have models with wildly different purposes like the difference between the A2, 2B and 9S models is bunk as each individual temporary body would need to be constructed in real time, which certainly isn't instantaneous

That reminds me
>Erase Pascal's memory
>Without the influence of philosophy, Pascal ends up becoming a capitalist instead of a communist.

>I said the rockets were needed to get supplies to the satellites and you responded the rockets to the moon were a dummy.
Obvious I referring only to the moon rockets, because I explicitly said I was talking about the moon rockets. Next time I'll green text for you.

>The problem here is that the andriods are specifically built with certain functions. If we state it's just a conscious transfer, then the consciousness is moving to a new andriod that is theoretically built to be exactly like the one moving to it. Problem, A2 is an outdated model with a mode that newer models are explicitly not made with whatsoever. So if A2 is using the transporters she's moving to a newer "template" andriod each time but still retaining a feature impossible for her to have in anything but her main body. If they're not teleportation then how are they moving shit? We saw Jackass install one at the bottom of the crater so it's not like there's some piping network connecting the transporters on earth, because that wouldn't be installable in a matter of hours. How are they moving things from transporter to transporter if it's that fast, isn't teleportation and isn't conscious transfer?
Okay, I'll try to clear this up. Any time you go to the bunker, which is implicitly a much larger distance than the transporters are capable of, that is consciousness transfer. Any time you move between two transporters on Earth, that slower than light teleportation. It's not instantaneous, and it is limited by distance. Every time you return to Earth by going to a different transporter than the one you left from, you still on Earth body is teleported before or just after the conscious transfer.

The teleporters don't teleport. It was brought up in early dialogue that they have spare bodies at The Bunker that their consciousness is uploaded to. I imagine there are similar spare bodies in each of the vending machines, or they're capable of making them from character data.

I don't know about the English release, but in the Japanese Release The Machine Network outright tells you that they've been controlling YorHA for a lengthy period of time. You also find documents in one of the boxes discussing their intent with YorHa.

He already stated that's infeasible to have spare bodies in each vending machine, thus there must be teleportation taking place between the ones in the localized area on Earth that you use them.

Please quote and link the document. I also can't confirm anything that's in Nip, so I need more anons who can prove they know Nip to confirm this.

So if it isn't consciousness transfer and it isn't teleportation what is it? Flying? Tubing underground? What is it? We've seen one be installed in under an hour at most so I don't understand what it could be other than teleportation or consciousness transfer.

Did you even read what I posted? Slower than light teleportation.

So would you say that Automata was better than the first NieR?

NieR had some sadder individual moments, but overall, I'd say Automata is definitely an improvement.

Hmm… We don't really see anything under the vending machine, all we really see is a purple light as they get out. It's possible there's a tube network, but if there was, why haven't the machines just dug underground and wrecked them all. Also, if there are spare bodies underground, same argument. So I can see why you'd think it was teleportation. I don't know if it is 100% because if it was, they could theoretically just put one on a plane and teleport anywhere, and they're not using them for warping supplies. So logically, it leaves reconstruction. Maybe they have parts that can be thrown together for quick reconstruction, and when you teleport, the body that was there previously is deconstructed. But then that leaves A2, who is literally dirty and never clean.

Personally, I think that in the canon of the universe, they use the vending machines to teleport up, and it was always intended they come back to the same vending machine. But because it's a game, it becomes fast travel.

>Personally, I think that in the canon of the universe, they use the vending machines to teleport up, and it was always intended they come back to the same vending machine. But because it's a game, it becomes fast travel.

This makes more sense then them having teleportation abilities short distance but not long distance. If distance would even matter to teleportation. And explain why the highly useful technology is only used in this one way.

What?

It was established in Nier that the sun never sets on Earth anymore.

So, why did it stop setting in Nier?

Nukes

Why would that make the sun not set anymore? Espcially 10,000 afterwards?

Upset the planet's rotational axis.

This doesn't make any sense

I can understand the sun never setting on one face of the earth, but it's explained in game as if it applies to the entire planet

That means the earth would still rotate around the sun and instead of days being 24 hours long they would be year long or worse(Venus does this), if the planet is actually rotating the opposite of what it used. It also means that at least one part of that planet is in darkness right now. Unless your telling me the rotation is so perfect that the night side is permanently nighted i.e. dead and the light side is perfectly lighted which is incredibly unlikely.

Tyring

That's what happened as far as I know. It's not perfect, but it will be a very long time before the sun sets on one side of the planet.

The thing that confuses me is that the bunker orbits the planet else it isn't a real satellite, they should be passing the dark side multiple times over the course of a single day. Unless the entire world is defined as this city because reasons???

The bunker can't maintain its orbit on the light side of the planet?

Someone refresh my mind could a satellite do this? To my knowledge in order for satellites to stay orbitting they have to "going faster to the side" then they are "falling down".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geosynchronous_orbit

This only works if the satellite rotates as fast as the earth is. Problem is, the earth, apparently, is no longer rotating. Or if it is, incredibly slightly.

The Earth is rotating though. It's just doing so at a speed that matches it's orbit around the sun so that one side is nearly always facing it.

I don't have the formuila on hand but how fast would that be and how far away from earth would a satellite need to be to keep that same speed?

i.e. I know it's possible, but, the closer you are to earth, the faster you need to orbit around it, vice versa applies as well. So to be that slow how far away from the earth would we be talking?

Don't know. Considering this mean it takes a full year for one rotation though. That satellite would probably be really far out. I just assume it's coincidentally in the daylight side when we go to the bunker.

Has 2B killed 9S multiple times? If so, why on earth do they keep letting 9S run around if they have to kill each and every single time? And why is 2B the only one doing this?

Yes, it is strongly implied in the game, and confirmed in a supplemental novella. 9S is too useful to YoRHa, and so 2B is assigned to kill him when his skills get him in trouble.

How exponentially useful do you have to be for a personal andriod to be assigned to you to execute you multiple times in a row?

The 9S model is top of the line. Hell another 4S model managed to survive on his own. When you have other androids who die left and right, wasting precious resources like those who die in the prologue, a useful AI like his is invaluable.

2B got the virus from the flight units' aoes before she crash landed. 9S got infected twice. During the Eve fight, and after jamming a spare arm from an infected 2B onto his arm. He did hack the infection away, but if you read Anemone's backstory they make a point that the machines evolve their logic viruses very quickly. I would assume that Nines wasn't very thorough in dispatching his, allowing it to relapse.

>Why does Pascal return to the village after getting memory wiped?
Cruel irony? Why not?

why the fuck are you niggers still spoilering

Why the fuck do you care?

Stop. This cannot continue.

You can't just hover to reply post number to read a reply, you need to actually go there and hover over spoilers.
Not only that but you faggots spoiler every line rather than entire thing.
This. Cannot. Continue.

Nier has better original music.
Automata not only has worse original tracks, it also uses Nier's tracks inapropriately.
Like really?

I see what you did there

Btw, contrast it with the Persona Thread, spoilers in the subject and in red text.

I'm sorry for your autism.

I don't go to persona threads, I don't give a shit about it.

It's the other way around.

You're the one who's triggered by the actions of others user.

Is there some Winnie the Pooh reference? Did I miss it?

:^)

I just remembered something, why was original nier fighting shades in prologue in the 2000s? I thought gestalts didn't start relapsing until way later

The black scrawl was the Gestalts relapsing. Black scrawl was a full epidemic by the time Nier started.

Original Nier has more 'density' to the soundtrack as well (and pretty much every track and its 'fake' vocals are in my memory), but Automata still has some pretty good tracks and great sound design in general.
>Simone fight has attacks in sync with the music, which is one of the best N:A tracks

Best songs so far IMO are city ruins, park, abandoned factory (prologue version) and Simone's Beautiful Song.

And we can't forget the best song in general which is theme of Emil… sung by Emil himself in his truck-shop thing

EVERY DAY'S A SALE!

Whoops, last one didn't have lyrics.

Meant for

So… Ending C. What the fuck! 2B was an E model all along? So what was she thinking getting close to 9S then throughout route A if she knew the outcome? Please tell me this is expanded upon in ending D or E?

>hat was she thinking getting close to 9S then throughout route A
>Emotions are prohibited
>It's not easy to avoid. She was in love with him since long before the game begins.

didn't mean to memetext those second two lines.

CRACK FUCKING WHEN

>So what was she thinking getting close to 9S then throughout route A if she knew the outcome?
She's an E-Type who befriends and gets close to in order to kill. While most E-Types usually get to not kill the same andriod over and over again, 2E(B) did because 9S is so amazingly helpful to YoRHa that it is worth killing him again and again every time he figures out the truth. This is the first time 2B has been utterly crushed emotional after befriending him so many times that she didn't want to anymore. Luckily he survived the last attempt.

To rephrase the middle, 9S is so useful, that it is more fruitful to let him do his missions until he finds out the truth, kill him and do it all over again rather than just dispose of once.

Right after I get the last cheevo. Sorry for the delay.

t. CPY

Also your exclamation means you probably didn't finish the quest "Amnesia" where the concept of E-types are first introduced? Or did you? Because "getting close" is literally what E-types are designed to do.

If you actually think the machines were behind YoRHa, you might be a fuckin dummy. All they ever said was that they decided to never wipe out the androids because it would rob them of purpose and the fighting helped further their evolution.

Thats… grim. That makes sense though and that makes "It always ends this way" seem indefinitely more tragic. Fuck it? This situation cant get worse for them, it cant. I dont know whats ahead but it cannot get any worse than this.

And in this nightmare scenario 9S becomes psychopathic and confused as to if anything so far is even suffering. Fuck.

Why didn't you just buy all of the achievements?

I bought fish and pod ugrades.
The rest are not bullshit so I'm doing them properly.

It's not covered well in the english sub or dub so you really should learn to read moonrune.

Is there some difference between the PS4 and the Steam achievements?

Getting 50% fishing done takes no time at all. It's only the rarest few fish in each area that are actually time consuming. Everything you need to upgrade the pods can be bought except for powerup parts and pure water. Power up parts are not rare drops, so you only have to grind a single item. Not one of the achievement in the game is worth buying as opposed to achieving naturally. The pod upgrades affect their move sets, so you're missing out by not doing it.

That would be a pretty important fuck up on 8-4's part. Why hasn't it been brought up before?

I earned them twice duh, except I didn't buy bullshit ones on my first save file.

Standing in one place spamming button expecting rng to give me the right fish is not gameplay.
Repeatedly running into the same area to collect 0 to 2 pure water is not game play.
It's bullshit.
It's abolutely worth buying just to get the achievement.

I don't care I don't use pods except for their special attacks which I all have.

You're missing out on the bouncy balls of death that turn in ground mines.

DOUBT (X)

Ah when was the last time you felt such deep satisfaction from 100% ing the game, Holla Forums?
For me it was Dark Souls 3 prior this but I rarely suffer from tired gamer syndrome

I never believed for a second that when another player's data gets "destroyed", it is ACTUALLY removed. Considering that most people who achieved ending E had to get help, and most likely lost multiple helping players (because the helping players bloat your own "ship" and make ot hard to see bullets beneath them), we would've run out of helping players really fast. It's a negative feedback loop, not a positive one. Plus, not everyone chooses to sacrifice their save data. What I believe happens is that when a player sacrifices their save data, their name and message get permanently added to a database, with the caveat to not appear to another unique player more than once per playthrough. Of course, the way they wrote "lost player data" is made to guilt trip, but it's not sustainable without being trickery like I described.

I think that lost player data only removes it from your personal pool so it won't appear for you during next attempt at minigame.
It still appears for others.

The system seemed a bit troubled at the start as even the very first people getting Ending E would need to most likely rely on that. Are you telling me the first 5 people to get Ending E did it without help? It's certainly possible but I'm assuming Square seeded it for the first. Likewise, I agree that it's not sustainable, and should everyone stop playing the game, it will be nearly impossible to get Ending E. Which sounds like a thing Yoko would do, but I'm not certain he could get permission.

There are people who soloed it.
Thoug chances are that first players got help from developers or testers or something like that.

That's what I meant by Square "seeding it". There's also the problem that if those first few people say, made three mistakes after getting help, the miniscule starting pool would decrease by -2 each time. The benefits don't outweigh the cost.

Well yeah I think devs seeded it. What an interesting term for this practice.

It's called being tidally locked, and is not exactly uncommon. Our own Moon is tidally locked to our planet.

It could also be that there is a limited number of people you can help and your data is deleted permanently only after enough people fuck up. Also, you can get through without losing anybody, and if you're savescumming you can do this multiple times. Though I'm not sure how the database handles duplicate data.

Yes, it was definitely seeded, but if the above is true, it could easily become a self sustaining system after using the seed as a base. Since that would work, I see no reason why it shouldn't work that way.

Did you truly 100%, or did you just get 100% achievement? Gotta max that intel user.

Is there anything for 100% intel? I have like 96% unit data.

It took me around 66 hours to get all achievements, but I didn't buy any, and played parallel with a friend while talking with him about the game on teamspeak. Thus, distractions were common. I also didn't know about fast travel, so I did all possible quests by running before reaching ayy lmaos. And hey, the game was chill as fuck, I was not compelled to rush it - I think I have a rather high tolerance for FedEx quests.

Getting all the fish, intels and upgrades for all pods is something akin to 120%ing it. Fuck it.

Nothing.

I just can't deal with RNG in general. This game is amazing as it gives you option not to.

Neither of those give achievements, but I believe you need 95% unit data to complete one of the quests. Also, some units have stupidly rare and specific spawn locations and chances. Particularly, the different enhanced medium flyers, which spawn like in 1 place in the game, and not 100% of the time either. Also, one of the enhanced linked-sphere variants has a stupid low chance to replace the gun variant in flooded city in route C.

2B or not 2B, that is DAT ASS

Why tor posters are always so obnoxious? Are you from russia or something?

Not 2B, 2E

Alternate answer about virus infection:
The virus DID initially affect 2B on the surface, until 9S hacked her to fix it. This, 2B's final objective of "Get away from androids so I don't spread the virus", plus the fact that she was re-infected as soon as she returned to Earth suggests broadcast transmission in addition to the backdoor (which was probably mostly to fuck over the bunker).

Two possibilities for 9S:
He attached a 2B corpse's arm to himself
9S's entire solo plot was about how he was going mad. I think an android going mad apparently culminates in a logic virus. Otherwise, if his eyes glowing red was some EXTERNAL cause, the entire plot about 9S going mad was just dropped? No, I don't think so.

Question: What the hell did A2 do in Ending C?

Bear in mind, you still can GET that ending without help, unlike the Y ending, as I'm told, which you're just fucked if you don't get it during the secret boss.

Has it actually been established that accepting help during those credits "uses up" that instance of help? It could just be that sacrificing your save enters your name into a pool that recycles.

About the no-night/geostationary orbit discussion from last thread: There's part of Nier's DLC that explicitly states that one side is perpetually day and the other perpetually night. So it is confirmed that Earth is in a geostationary orbit with the sun.

So I missed out on the initial run of the black box edition due to living under a rock, and now I'm considering paying into the absurd scalper price for one of them.

The japanese version includes a bonus novel that the english version doesn't seem to have, but I've seen pictures of the art book with english text. The only thing stopping me from buying the japanese version is the possible lack of english text on that version's art book. Also, as I'm a PC user, I was planning on giving away the copy of the game to a friend, but I don't know if the ps4 is region locked. Does anyone have either version to compare?

And has someone already scanned that bonus novel and begun translating it? I can't read moon, but if I end up buying the 11 version I can at least get a shit cellphone quality version of it up if nobody else is doing it.

Question: Why did A2 leave YorHa?
She was surprised when she read about how her model ended up becoming the basis for the E-series, so it wasn't that. She was trying to protect the moon server (not "humans on the moon"), so was it that she found out the truth?

Her story is mostly explored in the stage play that serves as the prequel of the game. Long story short, her squadron was dropped and then abandoned by command to die, since her survival she was labeled as traitor.

Source :
nier.wikia.com/wiki/YoRHa_Stage_Play

welp.
I thought "stage play" was a typo.

Geostationary and tidally locked are not the same thing. Geostationary trajectory means that the satellite body does one cycle along its orbit in the same amount of time that the host body takes to rotate around its axis once. In essence, the geostationary body will always be in the same positon on the sky if seen from the host body. The sun rotates way faster than once a year, and if Earth was geostationary (heliostationary, technically), it would move at such a speed that it would instantly be flung out of our solar system.

In contrast, a tidally locked satellite body ceases its independent rotation, and becomes locked with one face always facing the host body, and one always outward. Our moon is tidally locked, but not geostationary (its orbit takes around 28 days).

Sorry for the space autism, couldn't help it.

Ah fuck, I knew the difference but thanks for the correction user.

Not
I am disappointing.

Mega-spoiler: Androids are a type of machine

She was part of test series of andriods meant to all die as a test run, she didn't die, but knew she had been abandoned, which would hurt how the troops view YoRHa. I believe A2 is "Alpha number 2" as opposed to later designation which are all number followed by letter.

By the way does anyone have a comprehensive list of the YoRHa types or does it not exist? To my knowledge I only know.

**A=Attacker
B=Battle
C=Commander
D=????
E=Execution
H=???
O=Operator
S=Scanner**

I might have forgot some of the types mentioned in game but I always wondered about the ones in the prologue.

Well fug my spoilers :DDD

When do D and H show up? Are they just prologue squadmates that get blown up?

Yeah, along with "7E" who wasn't undercover for some reason.

D is Defender. S is Support.

Her name is A2 because she's an outdated Attacker-type. The fact that No4 was called Yonko is reason enough to believe that her team was closer to each other, and thus didn't stick to just their number + type designation. The flashbacks with Yonko confirm that they called her Nigo/No2, not A2. Presumably calling her A2 is an attempt to avoid letting any of the new units know about the Pearl Harbor mission, and to distance her from who she was before.

It seems Yoko tweeted about it but because it was in Japanese I had to dig for someone to give a translation. Apparently the full list is.

A = Attacker
B = Battler
D = Defender
E = Executioner
G = Gunner
H = Healer
O = Operator
S = Scanner

So if it's canon that emil is a faggot for Nier, is he attracted to both bishounen Nier and Cave-man dad Nier? Or because Yoko Taro only considers bishounen Nier to be the legitimate protagonist canonically for Nier, does it only to apply to the him? Would this make him attracted to 9S?

Don't you dare besmirch Emil's name. Emil did nothing wrong.

Emil’s “sexuality”

“Normality” in Yokoo’s works?

-Kaine became a huge topic of discussion even before the release, but Emil’s feelings towards Nier got its own share of attention after the release.

Yokoo: I thought I made it quite clear with that bride statement, but it didn’t seem to have gotten the message across.

-One theory was that Emil developed feminine feelings and liked Nier as a result of fusing with his sister Halua

Yokoo: No, Emil is gay!

Eishima: Oh, confirmation is good. I thought that I saw nonexistent undertones because of my dirty mind. (laughs)

Mr. T: I thought Emil liked Kaine since they slept outside together, and wanted to marry her.

Yokoo: Emil saw Halua in Kaine. To Emil, she was a reliable sister figure.

-There always seem to be some characters with unusual sexual preferences in Yokoo’s works.

Natori: We just feel like that we’re reflecting the real world while creating the worldview and settings.

Yokoo: How would you define “unusual”, is the question. If we look around, we can definitely see homosexuals, few in number they may be. I’m not trying to say “Don’t discriminate” or anything like that, just “People like that exist. It’s simply the way the world works.” They’re labeled with “normal”, “unusual” and compared quite often, but the difference between people with certain sexual preferences lies purely in number. Some are quite abundant, some are not, but we’re all in the same world. I never intended for them to appear as special.

Things SJWs don't understand.

I bet you didn't know that Bishounen Nier was also a prostitute didn't you?

It has been more than a month already. For how long are we going to write in spoiler tags? Why would anyone be stupid enough to come here if he didn't finish the god damn game?

Wait, wasn't that Zero?
Wait a sec, clemps video, the joke with berserk, oh god everything is explained now

Shota Nier whored himself for food, Zero was sold into slavery as a loli. There's a difference.

Zero fucked everything too but did it for free. Big bro Nier was a literally prostitute.

Wow.

Well, I see then, that adds way more weight to the character, also, his post-timeskip outfit makes more sense than dad nier, no wonder he is the Canon one

Here's a link to the Side Story talking about if if you want.

nier.wikia.com/wiki/The_Red_and_the_Black

It also makes his younger version make way more sense too doesn't it?

I guess his hair being as anime as this was also in order to lull players into a false sense of standard jrpg.

That most be so fucking hot in there, why would you wear that in a world where the sun never sets?

His hair is tied up like that because every time someone touches it or it brushes his shoulders he relieves the trauma of whoring himself out to men in Seafront. This is canon.

So I heard that in the final ending you somehow delete the save data of other players?

Is there any way that I can delete as many people's data as possible?

You could possibly chapter select, get Ending C or D and wait for the prompt to start the Ending E side scroller. Once there, die repeatedly until you get a "help request" which is where some other players join your pointer. Everytime you get hit someone's data is lost. And then wait for that to kill all of you. I'm not certain you're allowed to do that infinite times though. Or what even happens if you lose after the help request.

As I've written before, I do not believe you actually delete any other player data - precisely to prevent griefing dickery. You can try, of course.

It's not that you're actively deleting people's data. During the final end credits you are asked if you're willing to sacrifice your save data in order to save someone. If you are, it wipes each save slot that you have and logs you in the database to help save someone during the final segment if they want help. It isn't going to actively wipe someone's saves while they're playing.

That's not how it works, in order to offer the save data you specifically have to opt into after getting Ending E. Unless by mid game you mean "got all the main endings but hasn't 100% it yet".

>He attached a 2B corpse's arm to himself
I forgot about that. He was going insane before, but not infected insane, just regular insane. The arm is obviously what caused him to go red eye near the end.

She saved 9S and sacrificed herself to destroy the tower, which she believed to be a cannon aimed at the moon, though no evidence of this supports her claim.

nier2.com/blog/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/

>Why was 7E in the original prologue mission without an undercover identity if the Type-E andriods are S-Level secret.
>You, 2B are a 2E unit. Likely you and the Operator were allowed access to 7E's undercover status so as not to interfere with mission unintentionally. We don't know if the other YoRHa units could see that 7E was 7E, or even here the Operator refer to her as such. There may even have been a filter that simply changed any reference to 7E to 7B when communicating indirectly to the other units. This is just a guess though.
Also, Type-E is not S-level classified information. While it is secret to some degree, its level of secrecy is never stated.

I'll use spoilers as much as I damn please feggit. There is no "we"

I read your explanation for 7E before it isn't satisfactory.

That's why I said it was a guess. You also have to keep in mind that E-class has no stated secrecy level.

Is the game still shit like the first one?

No, he means the user will run out of other player data and won't be able to finish ending E. If it's account-bound and not playthrough-bound, that's even worse.

I would say the combat has improved immensely and the visuals are much better this time around as well. It's an improvement of the game but if you're one of those platinum fags that got into Automata due to platinum hate, it's that same game as Nier. i.e. an action RPG. So depends on what part of Nier you didn't like, the genre it was in, or it's combat.

I mean, yes, that's the obvious arc of events and I got that.
I guess my specific questions are, What did A2 do to repair 9S? (Hacking 9S and finding a massive stairway leading up to a sleeping beauty altar had to be some hint) How did it do harm to herself? and once in that state, by what means did she cause the tower to collapse?

I just finished Ending E.
Does this mean that All 3 of them are alive again thanks to the pods?

>and once in that state, by what means did she cause the tower to collapse?

She was the source of the Terminal clashing and starting to fight with itself. With A2 being the trigger, when she was dead, the launch was probably successful, with the Terminal being either fine or just barely able to manage with her dead. With her alive, the terminal is still clashing. The entire reason there was a clash in the first place was because Terminal could not decide whether or not to kill A2, with her dead, that choice is gone.

>What did A2 do to repair 9S? (Hacking 9S and finding a massive stairway leading up to a sleeping beauty altar had to be some hint) How did it do harm to herself?

She went to his very core programming and since she has 2B's memories inside her, I speculate that she showed 9S 2B's true feelings on the matter of how much she grew to love him, which might have pulled 9S out of his despair. I believe. Her memories were becoming unstable after the 2B merge and the desert fight, so I assume at that point she kind of self-destructed her memories and "sense of self". Becoming an empty husk. This is again speculation.

Yes, but their memory is probably back to A/B ending at most. A2 probably even older.

Yes, but that's why Pod 153 has worries about them "repeating the same mistakes".

I'm pretty sure that wasn't referring to them losing their memories of recent events and more about 9S trying to murder A2

D=dildo
H=homo

Fuck the swordfish.
I got like 50 basking sharks looking for that fucking shit goddamn

Its hard to see how that would happen with 2B back as well as the bunker still gone and the war now fundamentally different.

The only justification I could see for a repeat is 9S's observation that Machines keep repeating the same mistakes, and it should be said, YorHa are technically machines, not androids.

Both are cannon actually, things like the iron pipe support this

So… What do I do now?
Get a guide to all the other endings?
Find all the intel bits?
How can I tell what weapons I'm missing or what quests I didn't complete?

You do what you want, if you want to 100% do it, if not, don't. If you want to fight the secret boss, do it, if you want to fight the super secret boss, do that too. Or stop playing.

Also Chapter select will tell you how many quests you've completed and you can find the missing ones by redoing chapters.

Okay, one is Emil, what's the other one?

They're both Emil, one's just harder to unlock. He has two stages.

A2 did nothing wrong

9S is fucking pyscho but not is a good way, its fucking creepy when he use 2B arm as a substitute to his missing limb

2B is an under written character, I'm not sure if she is the main character of the game given how she is dead like half way through the game

A2 > 2B

It all makes sense now.

>3 sellers total, each for $60 used

what do

Buy a PS2, mod, burn copy of Drakengard.

It's not about being a weeb if the dub is shit, Dragon Ball is good in dub because Goku doesn't sound like a granny. But 2B can't Kuudere for shit, the pods aren't as good, 9S is fucked, and worst of all 9zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Also trips don't lie

I was thinking about getting Nier, but opted for Drakengard 3 for half as much money.

Good call or no?

I definitely preferred Nier over Drakengard 3, both are enjoyable but everything in Drakengard is recycled constantly to the point it hurts. Also, good luck getting the final ending and hope you like rhythm games.

NIER PC PORT WHEN

So wait… if 2B has killed 9S several times before because he's just so L33T and always ends up finding S-class info, does that mean that 2B has known that humanity is extinct all along?

Oh god… when he broke into the server, the commander didn't do anything except give him more info, then his first thought was working up the courage to tell 2B about it.

Is that when 2B kills him? When he confides in her?

Oh fuck that shit.
Papa Nier is the only Nier, and he kills shit for living.

It is confirmed she has, I just don't think she takes to time to dig up the info as to why she has too.

I don't think she knows, she kills him whenever command tells her that 9S has the truth, not what the truth is. It's unknown if he has every told her the secret.

Depends, other times Commander just tells her to get rid of him without any apparent confiding on 2B's end. There's also been times when 9S figures out 2E(B) is out to kill him and tries to kill her first but fails.

It makes more sense for a father to be able to keep his daughter alive more than a 14 year old fucboi could.

If the books or whatever have command referencing "The Truth" to 2B, that indicates she knows what "The Truth" is, otherwise that would be a meaningless statement to her and something that command would try to obscure.

Confirmed she knows humans are extinct.

Here is the exact wording.

**She first received the information in an email as she had landed her aerial unit. It couldn’t have been while she was on the Bunker, nor during the descent through the atmosphere. It wasn’t until she was was heading toward the desert that Pod042 received the message.

At that moment, she knew what was going on. The message must have come directly from the Commander, not through the Operator. The timing would have made it difficult to intercept. Classified information within classified information.

No. She knew long before she received the actual message. She knew from the moment she and 9S were tasked to investigate the ruins of human civilization. She knew it wouldn’t be long before she’d receive the order to terminate him. Unfortunately, this just proved her right.**

All she recieves is a termination order. She is not told why he must be exterminated, just the order. There is no mention of the "truth" to her.

I also just realized that the user in this thread that believes operators are privy to the E-Types is also wrong because any execution order doesn't go through them as it's classified information for them to see it. Why would the execution order be secret if the E-Types themselves were not a secret from the operators? It's implied in the name that they should be executing.

Okay. That's different then.

So how did A2 know the truth? She references "A server on the moon" NOT "Humans on the moon".

Did you forget the entire bit where she runs through the library contents which have all details about YoRHa? And is shocked at the contents?

So what is going to happen now that the protagonists are back alive? I know it's a Taro game so if it was up to him it wouldn't be so simple, but he left it up to me so fuck him.
I like to imagine now that 2B and 9S live happy with each other now, since YorHa is gone they have no more reason to murder each other. It also seems like the machines have fucked off in their ark, essentially leaving Earth as the domain of the androids.
The androids could essentially exist as the new humanity only with artificial bits instead of meat, and while their primary reason for being is no longer relevant they will have to discover their own meaning in life just as humans had to before them. They might even invent a religion or something, who knows?
I also like to imagine that A2 makes some friends at last.

Yeah it's Megaman Legends now.
Taro did say that there gonna be happy end, why didn't you believe him?

Not all machine lifeforms have left as some were disconnected from the network and still operational. Jackass claims she's going to kill all of them she finds, as well as any YoRHa andriods. I imagine that everyone is pissed that YoRHa lied to them and that they've been fighting a meaningless war getting their friends killed. Ala Popola and Devola they will be pushed out of any andriod gathering for their association with YoRHa. They also have no one to perform maintenance on them as bunker is destroyed and the only none-YoRHa andriods able to repair them were killed at the tower's base. They will wander around until their parts breakdown, slowly, and have to fight for every repair and refuge they find, but at least they will have each other as the world hates them for their lies. They will fight the machine lifeforms until any "dead-ends" are cleaned up, and theoretically, someone someday can retrieve the human genome from the moon.

The pods can repair them, champ.

right right right. Then the spider thing inturrupted me and I'm like, "Motherfucker! I need to read that!"

then kickstart in a Casshern style, EAT XXXXXX GAIN IMMORTALITY since everybody is rotting to death

Did it fuck anyone else up when you finally realised that the bit at the neck is her actual head?

No. I was like, "huh. Neat."
What fucked me up was when I realized She went mad trying to impress Jean-Paul

It took me a little bit to work out who the other machine in the flashbacks was because I had put his quest line to the back of my head since the last playthrough, and when it clicked I realised what a massive piece of shit Jean-Paul is, I hope his journey ends in sorrow

They're clever about it. First encounter with Simone is right before you go to Pascal's village, and you only get that one flash of Jean-Paul before you've ever met him.

Only on the second play through do you get the full story through hacking and go, "Wait… machine girl going crazy over a douche with a top hat…"

yeah sounds about right
Not only that Simone refers to Simone de Beauvoir and she was an important professional man hater

Oh shit.
de Beauvoir who, when she wasn't seducing her underage students, was joined at the hip with Jean-Paul Sartre.

And Jean-Paul the machine is called Sartre in Japan.
So there you go.

So what kind of copyright could have caused changing surnames of Sarte and Beauvoir to their first names? You can't copyright real names right?

>What did A2 do to repair 9S?
Magic hacking with assistance by the Pod.
>How did it do harm to herself?
It didn't. She died there because she had to stay behind to (most likely pointlessly) destroy the tower.

What point in time their memory returns to is not stated. It's assumed they know everything, and because of this, they will likely repeat the mistakes of the founders of YoRHa.

Things are likely to repeat themselves because 2E, 9S, and A2, and the Resistance still have a war to fight. Jackass's report will spread word of humanity's extinction again, and android morale will fall. We'll be back at square one of the circumstances that lead to the creation of the first YoRHa project. I wouldn't even necessarily assume the YoRHa you work for in the game is the first project of its kind. Anyways, it is because of these factors that pods believe history will repeat itself, not despite the fact that they have their memories, but because they have their memories. If Emil's weapon story is anything to go by, history is indeed repeating itself.

All these faggots forgetting to read Emil's weapon story.

What's up with it?
Emils weren't able to fight ayyliens off and went docile until you stir them up in the desert.

Read it gaylord. But not before getting ending E.

I'm away from muh PC. Remind me what specifically addresses repeating history in Emils' story?

Not his story, the Emil Head weapon story. Just go to fextralife and read it there if you can't access the game.

I'll probably improve this later.

Well in the same manner it is never stated what mistakes they are going to repeat. But honestly I find it silly to believe that it is the Yorha ones and not their own.
Also you have to realize the pods were trying to protect their info. What info? The one that was being gathered for the new Yorha generation so it must have been saved somewhere. When did they save for the last time? Around ending A/B, A2 years before that. So what happened during Route C should be unknown for them, though the pods can explain it. It is not much of a problem, other than for A2 which went through "No I have nothing against machine life forms" arc.

I tried.

That's pretty bad. If not for filename I wouldn't figure what you were trying to do.
Redo.

I don't get this one either, except for booty joke which got old like a month ago.

CLANGCLANG is the meme onomatopoeia for robutt sex and "clank" is close enough.
Case in point,
>>>/clang/

Alright, I'll go fuck myself.

Well i just finished Route B. Tell me, how much do i have left?

You came to the wrong neighborhood baka-gaijin

it's not that bad, you can tell what it's parodying pretty easily from the background. the only real problem is the cropping.

that i didn't get though, i thought it was because of all the fucking robots.

I gotta admit, 9S really does have a calming voice natsuki hanae did a good job

If your god yoko-taro is so good, then why he made a game with denuvo?

Checkmate, nierfags

Just play through emulated but fiddle with settings until it works. The menus, for some reason, run like shit regardless of how well the 3D portions run for some reason. Also use cheats because you aren't going to be enjoying this game.

The game is shit, denuvo is just him trying to spare you from having to play it.

To make these delicious poorfag tears flow.

No they can't. remember when Pod 153 had to specifically tell 9S to go to Popola and Devola? There are certain repairs that pods can't do.

I don't understand what you're trying to imply, you should know that A2's memories are based off of a girl every believes is the original Kaine right? If Emil was going to make that comment to anyone, it would be her, problem is he did that on [01/19/12423] which, for 9S alone, is 7000 years before he was made. (1/30/11942) I don't 2B was that old, possibly A2 was, and it makes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more sense for it to reference he because she was built with the original Kaine's memories as a personality base.

A third of the game and 3 real endings. An optional boss and an optional super boss.

believe me I have tried, I do not think it is possible to completely play the game without any slowdowns. I've tried following emulation guides but I had similar trouble with trying to emulate God Hand. I think my CPU is just not suited for PS2 emulation.

The game is seriously better when obtained legally than illegally. Play the game and you'll understand why.

So going by Chapter Select the prologue is chapter 1 and Eve's triggering is chapter 10, for both A and B, then C/D starts at 11 and ends at 17.

Also do as this user recommends and fight the superbosses. They are associated with Emil's Memories and Emil's Determination. The latter only unlocks when you've completed the former, and maxed all weapons.

Here's the question.
In Nier there were also animal shades, and being shade is a result of black scrawl deisease wich in turn is the result of having your soul being ripped out of your natural body and your clone body going Holla Forums.
Does that mean that Gestalt project encompassed animals as well? So how did animals return to normal by the time of Automata takes place?
Because in Nier there were both Shade Boars and Normal Boars and there are only Normal Boars in Automata.

>Shade boars

Are you referring to the semi-final boss in the castle? Other than that I do not remember any shade boars what so ever.

Putting that aside, all Shades in Nier, whatsoever, are human gestalts relapsing. They may take different forms. i.e. hook is a giant lizard, Wendi is an egg looking thing, but they are all human. So no, the animals were never included in the Replicant or Gestalt project because WCS didn't affect them.

Yes I refer to that.

There was also a wolf pack leader shade and some vaguely animalistic shades.
Automata has not only boars and reindeers but aslo burds, rats and some other shit that appear both in story and in debug mode.

Thje final boss boar named "Goose" ironically was a conglomerate of gestalts pissed off that Nier had just murdered their children. They are so pissed off they all relapse into a giant boar to kill him, which is also why it has high regeneration. As per Roc (Wolf leader), that is a dog as per canon, but he's the only confirmed to be an animal that became a shade. How this is possible I don't know, the entire process of the replicant project is to prevent people from dying to WCS which don't affect animals to my knowledge. Also, the entire process requires you having to have a soul. Which means Yoko would have to imply that all animals have souls yet simultaneously aren't affected by WCS.

Of fucking course animals have souls, what kind of conjecture is that?
Everything human body can process into energy has a soul

Then why are animals not affected by WCS?

Complete shit tier
Passable
>post-2B/A2 merge
Surprisingly good and intense.

I don't regret playing through it on English the first time mostly because of the second half being where the shit hits the fan and everyone kicks it up a notch, especially 9S. Will 100% again on Japanese, tho.

Isn't salt party was exlcusive to humans as a species? Because whatever those "gods" were called loved to fuck with humans because of their being able to register shit like happines and suffering unlike animals?
I mean if you torture animal it won't suffer nearly as great as a human because human acutally understands and comprehends that it's suffering?
Weren't those watchers Taro's self insert to begin with?

If salt party is exclusive to humans, animals have no right whatsoever being in Porject Replicant whose only goal is to keep things alive from Salt Party, if animals are weak to Salt Party, they should have died with all humans after Project Gestalt failed. We are left with a world where animals survived as per Automata, but there is a dog that was confirmed to be involved in the Replicant project. This is the major problem me and are running into.

9S was deliberately written as a hatable character evolving into something player would care about more than everything else in the game combined.
The thing is he didn't become total bro in the process, he was one from the beginning but you didn't see that because situations he was put in weren't extreme so he just goofed around like a cool guy would.
But you got used to taking everything at face value in video games, especially japanese ones, didn't you?

I wager do was just an experiment for the sake of experiment. Maybe they testes gestaltin process on dog first and then they were running out of time to do monkeys and get right to humans skipping the bullshit.
That's what humans do.
check IDs mate

Test run makes sense, so that allows for animals to not be involved other than Roc. Makes sense.

Sorry for ID slip up.

What I really wonder about is whether Taro thought all this through, or we're just doing his job for him like Zeldafags did years ago.

He mostly relies on his writers. Yoko when making a game wants to give you the bare amount of details possible to cause the emotions to flow through you, while lore is developed in side stories and shit by other writers.

Sure did, even though I played the first NieR as well.

u got me gud, Taro.

Are we entering Dark Souls territory where timeline repeats itself or it just means that he met other Yorhas who look exactly the same bevause they are serial production models?

Well truth be told in the first Nier characters were exactly what they appeared to be.
So having 9S not being what he appears to be for the first 20-30 hours was really good job at their part, especially since 2B and A2 were played more or less straight.

You forgot Weiss

You mean Grimoir "the real hero humanity didn't deserve"" Weiss? Yeah I forgot about him.
Just like I forgot about the Pod "the real hero androids didn't fucking deserve" 042 as well.

Well we certainly somehow got to the "14th" Machine War.

What happened to the other 13?

The bantz from Pod 042 made the last third of the game completely worth it, not including any of the other cool shit on top of it.

If you google Yorha Stage Play you'll see that androids indeed all look the same.
It might or might not be a poke of japanese beinbg inbred nation, I dunno, but you can't really blame Emil.
2B and A2 have beauty spot in the exactly the same place.

Oh in that sense yeah, I was thinking more about character motivations and backstories and evolving the characters and so on. There's a reason for why my favourite scene in the first NieR is during Fyra's wedding, there is a shot there where the whole party is present, and they're just hanging out, pic related.
The characters have become good friends, and a lot of other stuff happens further on that's fucking pinnacles of character development. Kainé punching Nier after Emil's sacrifice is an excellent example of that.
The way the first game reversed my expectations like how the Shadowlord is such a tragic character and the like. I should have learned and expected something from all of this but got lulled back in comfy-land by Automata and it shattered again. 9S was a really good job of replicating that same desperation that was in the first game, and the voice acting in the later game really reflects that.

>2E(B) and A2 have the same mole.
>E-Types were based off of A2
>Yet another foreshadow that 2E was going to kill 9S

All these subtle details jesus crhist I love Yoko Taro.

Oh don't get me wrong I love Nier party, much more than that of Automata one.
I only cried during Y ending in NA, during the rest I was only just "oh I see, that's kinda smart, good job moonman"
But fucking Y ending made me fucking relive that magical if dark journey of a bunch of rogues become no less than a family on a quest to save one little girl.
I still think that the first Nier is a much stronger story than Automata, despite Automata having better core gameplay.
Only 9S and Pod 042 can hold a candle to any given party member of the original Nier, the rest of the cast was much weaker.

What I mean is that while all of Nier cast was played straight, it was played honestly and to its full potential, every one of them became like a part of me, I was totally willin to sacrifice around hundred hours of progress just to save angry cunt with a bulge who meant so much to me, while in Automata during ending E I was like "meh okay, I can do this again easily, thanks platinum, no big deal, good meta narrative. Probably".

To elevate 9S and Pod to this level Taro needed to pull Metal Gear Solid 2 on us and hide magnificent characters in plain side long enough to not blow his load too early while not making it too long for player to stop caring.

I honestly think it was deliberate attempt to surpass his previous masterpiece and it was exectuted in the only way possible, even if sacrificing the rest of the cast. It's better, than having ALL of it not up to scratch.
Reaching, let alone surpassing your own previous highest is never easy, yet Taro did it, the absolute madman.

Nothing not to love about his writing.
I just wish drakengards were all made by Omega Force or some shit.

You know what? Fuck it. I don't care.
Yokotaro can't make games for shit, but his writing is that of a master. Wasn't there a manga or something written by him?
I guess I'll just go track that shit now.

Nier Automata pretty much did what I expected MGS5 to do (but it failed) - to make a video game that ends all video games.
I was trying a bunch of other games in the past couple of days and everything is fucking trash.
Gotta find new hobby I guess.

There are plenty written by his writing staff. You could read the Nier Automata Novellas, the Nier novellas, the Drakenguard 3 manga. The stage play.

It's called Thou Shalt Not Die, and it's about taking a military academy of teenage kids with special powers (e.g. a sizeable percentage of shonen manga) and then applying some realism to it, so prepare for some edge.

I've read a whole bunch of supplementary stuff for his games. I have Yorha DVD rip waiting for any sort of subtitles right now, because fuck reading PDF while watching anything.
It only reinforces his talent of a writer and understanding of what video games actuall are, but he still can't make vidya for shit.
Nier was a fluke, and shitshow of a Drakengard 3 only proves it.
Thank fucking god plat did Automata, and it wasn't that Korra/TMNT team or whatever you call their second-rate division.

I have a monkey paw situation
Shit's too real.

It looks exactly what I expected it to be. There we fucking go.

Is there a way to place bosses in debug mode or am I just retarded? Finished route C and was gonna have some fun with a custom boss rush but nope, they're not listed.
One shotting early bosses is kinda gay and I wanna fight them again without having to start a new game.

nier2.com/blog/yorha-stage-play/

Ayyliens in tomato were exactly that - fucking greys, with huge eyes and tentacles and shit.
Stupid fucking lorefags.
If anything it was reference to Metal Sluge, as Taro was huge arcade games fan.

Doesn't mean they weren't.

Oh yeah right. Everything is related to watchers.
Aliens, bio-machines, pods, weapon fields.
Right! Both Niers and Kaine were also watchers, because they had white hair! And so was Zero!
That's right, their hair was made from salt, 100%.

>welcome to yoko taro anime manga
Oh dear.

>2E is a future watcher ordered to watch a past watcher also known as 9S who actually watches future watchers.

>is 7000 years before he was made
Do even realize the date the game is taking place? Check again.

>Player being huge fucking cunt denied her that

Like I did with automata before, I'm leaving this terrible place to dive into this Taro's manga.
So far it looks pretty generic, but that's how he lures people in.
See you next time faggots.

The model is atrocious and incorrect on a bunch of details.

I had no problem playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine after Automata.

It was made a while before the game's initial release.

Pinball is not video games.
It's a separate art formLike tabletop games or historical roleplaying

Does that mean that all pinball videogames are not in fact games but emulators?

You don't even know what I'm talking about. 2P Mean Bean Machine is great.

i just got ending E and it hit me right in the feels seeing the messages of people saying not to give up and that people sacrificed their data for this so i gladly sacrificed mine and i got hit a few times it was a gut punch everytime someone's data was lost

Thanks Kurumi
I made you proud

so what was the deal with the aliens? that was really unnecessary

I can afford it, but I won't spend $60 on a game that's shit.

What about it is unnecessary? They're just a plot device.

This entire thread

What if I am both new, and a lorefag?

I'm trying to fight

Emil at level 69, and managing well until he does the "Emil -" something attack involving his head glowing orange, which wipes the whole room and oneshots me even with defense up items and fairly good defense chips.

Can anyone tell me how much damage that attack does relative to his other three attacks so I can figure out how much I have to boost myself to be able to survive it? I wonder if I'm supposed to just dash through it like I do with lasers, but I'm not willing to keep repeating a 20 minute fight to figure out the timing on one attack. I'd rather not overlevel and trivialize the fight.

I wish the balance in this game were adjustable to your tastes after clearing it. I want the enemies to have more health, but I don't want to get oneshot all the time. On hard mode many equivalent level enemies die too quickly for me to be satisfied, but also do incredible damage, so wandering into higher level areas early game resulted in getting oneshot.

I goofed on the spoiler tags. How embarassing.

I can only play a game 1 hour a day. It sucks being so behind all the time.

There's a new bread and this one page fourteen. Toast there. As for Emil. That attack ends the fight and if you can't kill him before it your damage output is not high enough. I really didn't like the way it works.

The game suffers greatly from enemies having too little health. They really fucked up the balancing of hard mode when switching from the demo to the final product. Couldn't even let us manually adjust enemy levels or our levels post-game with the debug mode. So even on very hard shit will still die too quickly. Shit's fucked. Will get the PC version if mods can fix it.