This game was very underrated

This game was very underrated.

One of the best things about it is that it doesn’t try to kojima you with its gameplay.

i.e. It doesn’t guilt you for killing people if you want to. When a game does that, it’s called a kojima.

The game doesn’t punish or necessarily reward you for doing evil things, but it’s great that this game doesn’t tell you that you get the bad ending for stabbing the nice girl in the top of her head as your succubus slave girl moans in pleasure. It just gives you the “you become the evil god” ending and doesn’t act like you played the game wrong, like hideo kojima’s stupid Burched games always do.

Quick! Force more memes

Why do you keep fellating Arkane's shitty old tech demo? The Dishonored games are way better than this.

Sure kid. B^)

What is this game?

They got way too excited about their physics engine. Dark Messiah encourages you to just kick the enemy off the cliff or into a trap a bit too much. I'd say it's neither underrated nor overrated. The fact that you can see your own feet was nice especially in the ghoul chase parkcour scene.

Dark Messiah Of Might and Magic

I've played it a little and still didn't recognize it, somehow.

Thanks user.

The bad ending is Emily dying

Kind of sad really… Games only portray a "good guy" perspective or they get shat on. Just look at the game "Hatred" for example. You play the bad guy and people tried to get it removed from steam.

They're really not. I hate that dishonored literally gives you all these neat spells and then encourages you not to use them. It's like why even give us spells to begin with? Dark messiah gives you cool spells that you're encouraged to use and I like how all the paths feel viable (Warrior, rogue, or spellcaster none of them feel weak)

We've already had a mokou thread today, add this to the list and that's enough forced memes for the week.

I still don't understand why don't they make a sequel or a game with a similar idea.
It really was ahead of it's time imo.

Christ, what a fucking autist.

The story isn't even that great, they just need to bring back the combat gameplay along with how they did the choices and the other neat stuff like hunting for the parts of a sword and then forging one.

Isn't Kojima the guy who always puts masks on the enemies so you don't feel bad about killing?

In dishonored you are given the option to either have fun with your increasing arcane arsenal or sneak around and kill nobody. The game encourages you to not kill with the premise of a plague spreading to the city. The more you kill the more the plague spreads.

While the game does not implicitly tell you that your actions have consequences it gives you a 'bad' ending if you kill too much. I mean you have to go out of your way to make sure the people you knock out are away from the reach plague rats, and god forbid if they are sleep darted and they glitch through a wall or fall in water causing them to die. I got half way through the game without killing anyone before i realized that it was not worth it and went on a rampage.

Why would they give you the option to have fun and then come back and punish you for having fun with a 'bad' ending? I play video-games to have fun, if i wanted to have a retrospective analysis of what is the worth of life I would have signed up for a freshmen philosophy course and have a cock fight over what Nietzsche really meant.

If you play for fun and don't care, then why does a bad ending matter?

Revenge is a dirty business and Dishonored hammers that home if you go lethal.

Pretty good chance this is bait, but given the fact that there are people here who actually think the dishonored games are good I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

the only reason people remember dark messiah is because of tards shitting themselves in glee over the ability of kicking things, because everything else was generic as hell

DM was cool

Because it came around the same time oblivion did and we all know dipshits love shit games.

Oh yeah, and you're retarded too.

Dark Messiah is a good game. Don't bring that hack Kojima into it.

Man, I remember thinking physics engines would be refined and just be standard in games, what with the whole trying to approach realism. Somehow they haven't gotten any better.

But they did get worse.

i have literally never once heard this term used, and i really don't think it's going to catch on. the irony here is when i read OP's "doesn't try to kojima you with its gameplay" and saw a messiah gif, i immediately thought of TECHNOLOGY. speaking for myself i think that's the legacy kojimbo is going to leave, unfinished MGS5 or no

Legacy of cancerous cinematic experience and hours of cutscenes.

dark messiah basically encourages you to only take the easy way out because every enemy is a ridiculous damage sponge even fucking twiggy goblins. it doesn't help every enemy lacks a proper flinch state so you can hit them with a ridiculous super attack and they'll just hit you in the middle of their animation with their broken hit range. It's basically lol fuck actually fighting just take the easy way out and kick them off cliffs or into conveniently placed spikes :^)

pretty bad joke of game design, Holla Forums eats that shit up tho. It's a half-finished game and it shows it at every opportunity.

l2combat :^)

yeah, you're better off stabbing them while they're on the ground. really exciting game play there. It's got major issues whether or not you want to accept it, kid.

Combat in DM is pretty good, if you'd stop your autism for a sec and didn't look for nearest spikes you'd know that.
Kid.

It's alright. I had fun in the first levels when I was weak and being overwhelmed by enemies, I had to run around throwing shit and hit 'n runnin. Then I realized how OP environmental hazards were, then the game gave me overpowered lightning shield and magic sword so the game just played itself. I simply got bored and stopped playing near the end.
The problems: game rewards environmental deaths way too much, making regular spells and attacks pale in comparison. The game has some pretty boring levels, namely the long ass crypt dungeon. Later equipment makes game too easy. Enemy variety becomes lacking.

This. I went full edge lord and killed everybody, including emily at the end. Felt great too.

What ruins it is there's a big dumb pop up at the start of the game explaining it. It would be much more impactful if you just saw the consequences of your actions instead.

yeah, once you ignore the damage sponge, lack of flinch states, over-reliance on instant kill traps, and a pretty unsatisfactory ragdoll engine, it's "pretty good."

unfortunately that's a lot of major elements to ignore.

You're right about everything but this.

You can go, Todd.

You said yourself that environmental stuff is ez mode. Try playing on normal mode then.

either you use the environment to your advantage or you put up with incredible tedium.

source's physics never had a good feeling of weight to them when it came to ragdolls.

Wrong.

(checked)

torrenting this right now, does it have any real rpg mechanics?

"RPG mechanics" is the worst meme, but it does take after immersive simulation concepts and it does have avatar progression systems, an inventory and equipment.

The OG Elder Scrolls. Skyrim ain't got shit. #ResurrectTheDarkMessiah

that's good to know
thinking rpg mechanics is a meme is the worst meme btw

Battlefield physics got markedly worse, actually. Fucking cucks.

Arx Fatalis is the superior Arkane game.