Warcraft III

New patch (1.28) for Warcraft 3 has been released. Seems like Blizzard is starting to give more attention to their old games.

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20753797075
hiveworkshop.com/threads/warcraft-iii-patch-1-28.292988/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 still get patches now and then.

Does it add DRM to it?

Blizzard are pretty good at patching their old games. What does the new patch do?

ahahahahahaha

The saddest part is, this will break a lot of custom game maps for absolutely no fucking reason.

I don't think anybody who likes those games would actually want current Blizzard to touch them in any way.

Give it some time.

nothing much;
If I recall correctly a previous patch from 2016 increased the max size of maps a lot, allowing more complex custom maps
I don't know how active the map makers are these days though

Still no proper widescreen support?

They basically just modernized it while trying not to break anything.

us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20753797075
+bug fixes

How I've understood it, with the old system it was kind of a pain in the ass to release any new patches. Now it should be easier for them.

nope

true that

How long until they fuck up their good games?
I'm thinking two to three months.

you have to have the battle.net installer to update the game
the game is now officially DEAD

Just the death throes of a demon clinging to life in this world.

Probably the first step in moving it over to the new battle.net.

This is what the latest Starcraft Broodwars patch 1.18 is going to do. The Broodwars 1.18a PTR is already out if you want to test it. Its a pretty good patch as well, gives modern resolutions, borderless windowed mode and hotkey re-assignment.

It's pretty nice.

There's a minor recovery going on for WC3, mainly in East Asia. Probably the main reason for the patch is the e-sport and Twitch streamer scene, thus the official windowed fullscreen mode support.

As long as there are map hackers WC3 will be unplayable.

Those WoW subscriptions must be dropping like a rock

That one D2 patch that added respecs after eons was pretty okay.

Blizzard is fucking retarded. Does anyone know if there's a group that plays this game?

Don't know about now, but in the late 2000s to early 2010s some of them went full Marxist iirc, probably because of Dota copyright thing being the hot topic around then.

what

all these empty custom games

You're supposed to find a group on garena/steam/whatever to play with or find a game on ENTgaming or other hosting service. It's pretty much a dead game, don't expect anything.

They added demon hunter class and some shit to their 13 years old game

I'd be skeptical and demand sauce too if I hadn't seen this in a bong's stream the other day

There's a difference between economical marxism and cultural marxism, user. Full marxism means economical one. Choose your words carefully. Liberals capitalists are not marxists, they are just larpers that are subverted to needs of corrupt capitalists who try to save capitalism by inclusion and "diversity", while at the same time alienating poor workers.

P.S.: not leftypol, because not cryptoliberal shitskin.

Actually wanted to quote that guy
But both posts count. It is retarded to call liberalism marxist.

>It's not real marxism!
>>>/bog/

That argument is just as the same as Holla Forums saying that alt-right is not real nationalism. Of course it isn't. But the left suffers from same problems. Educate yourself.

All I know and said was that some map makers went full 'Marxist' prolly because Dota copyright with Valve and Blizzard thing back then. See this for what I am talking about, and not just this map either, a bunchload of map with variety of degrees on this.

Protip: Next time, do not do this marx posting or 'correction' on political things on a 'just passing by reply'. It is either a Holla Forums or Holla Forums bait and likely to turn this thread into a cockfight.

I remember that one. The marksman spelled' marxman' and given quite a long description too.

Copyrights are inheritably capitalist. Your point sounds ridiculous from my perspective. You probably mean that some map makers became active shitlibs. Stop naming things with names you don't fully understand.

The number of illiterate Valvedrones back then that tried to make out that Blizzard was trying to copyright the term was pretty sad.

Was limited in scale, but quite a shitstorm and spectacle back then regardless. I was still playing comfy maps like X-Hero, Angel Arena, zombie map which I forgot the name, Retards, Fortress Survival, Pyramid, and Uther Party back then.

If anyone wants a barely alive forum thats half chan autists and half redditards that plays and discussess WC3 I recommend Brigandshaven and Diplomunion.

Well to be fair theres also some Holla Forums made maps including one played by the same bong in your pic called weed vs greed. Also Wtii is initiated.

I've heard bad things about 1.28. General consensus is that Blizzard is still total shit at working with the community when they do their patches.

See: hiveworkshop.com/threads/warcraft-iii-patch-1-28.292988/

I thought that patch completely fucked the game balance and ruined a lot of builds.

You didn't.

This is also an exceptionally retarded thing to believe has ever existed.

Anyone else play Grand Asymmetric RTS mods in Wc3? Its basically like a melee RTS but all players are different factions, the map is completely asymmetric (there is only 1 per "mod") as are alliances (teams vary from 1 to 4 players map to map). There are also events unique to factions that give changes to the maps or unlock upgrades, some even changing your faction or alliance entirely. Due to its grief potential and mechanical layout it is literally impossible for it to be a functional genre on its own.

disgusting

I dont see why that would trigger you, but there are maps that dont use WC3 lore, but less people play them (eg corruption of veseon). Plus WC3 assets work better with WC lore.

keep retail in retail not in WC3

What

keep shitty retail lore OUT of WC3