CD Project Red and Cyberpunk 2077

Did we already have a thread about this?

At least it's not dead. If they're saying advanced I would hope we'll see at least something at E3.

archive.is/C9438

Other urls found in this thread:

ruinergame.com
lunar-software.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have really low expectations for this game following the witcher series. The studio seems to be going in the completely wrong direction and I'm confident this is eidos montreal again. A few misunderstandings in game design are what the entire game design direction is built upon - the witcher 3 prove this to me.

I don't expect much at all and will probably be disappointed anyway

it doesn't matter, there's no gameplay, without gameplay there's no game.
I mean gameplay has the word 'game', like how do you reveal a game with no game?

Therefore, it's a no game until gameplay is shown.

they smelled the money, this happens a lot with eastern euros

I expect nothing from this so I won't be disappointed.

Sounds like they may have Valve-perfection syndrome.

I don't think anyone have pulled it off and released the "perfect" game they envisioned. Still cautiously optimistic though since CDPR are good developers.

it really has nothing to do with money but a failure of game design. The witcher 2 showed they had issues but the fact that they were never addressed in the witcher 3 is embarrassing.

Isn't a nigger the lead story writer?

I disagree. I think they're really going to do it, but, the lack of transparency is very much concerning as is all the hieing they are doing. These developers have never made a bad game: the consistency and level of quality in all the many aspects of the witcher series is debatable and i find each game has it's own list of ups and downs, but, when compared to other games from different developers in the same genre and decade; CDPR is the most outstanding.

I very much agree to this sentiment and would lose my optimism if nothing is shown this year.

Yes, i reckon the reports of overworking and pressuring employees for perfection is likely true. Hopefully they will learn to set realistic parameters on new titles.

I think you are referring to the author of the source material whom is apparently working very closely with CDPR. I doubt he's writing much; if anything for the alleged game.

I'm hoping that it will be comparable to new vegas or stalker. Honestly, any new open world rpg without bethesda syndrome would make my day. And the punk dial better up to eleven.

They've never made a badly written game, I agree, and their art direction is pretty great, but the main issue is that they seem to have a lot of trouble getting the gameplay design down right.

Especially worrisome is the regression of alchemy from what it was in W1 to what it became in W3. Instead of refining what they already had they decided to dumb it down and streamline it.

Also, combat and more importantly combat balance is another big problem. And, yes, it's true that getting the balance right is the most difficult thing in a game, but W2 and W3 became a cakewalk midway through with little challenge for the player.

To be fair few cRPGs have ever actually had good gameplay. I can't think of a single one where I can outright said I played them for the gameplay and not the story and non-linearity. That being said, I do hope they take a step back from Witcher 3 in Cyberpunk and go back to Witcher 2, with lots of choices and gated content based off those choices, encouraging replay and experimentation, and that they live up to ther initial promise of 2077 letting you play and interact with the world in a wide variety of ways.

I'm not too worried about the Dark Souls style multiplayer or the drivable vehicles, we always knew the game wasn't gonna be a isometric Fallout lookalike, if they can deliver a game that truly understands why the original Deus Ex is a classic, coupled with their quality of writing, I can foresee the game being a hit.

If nothing else the nigger that owns 2077 is pretty passionate about his IP and wouldn't just let anyone use it, and especially not anyone he thought might do it harm with a shoddy product.

Thats the strange thing with W2 and W3 is that they're the most difficult in the early levels.

I think it's because it takes a while to figure out the game doesn't have proper combat. Once you "get it" the entire game is a joke.

Just further proof of poor balancing. W2 was the most fun in the beginning, but then difficulty takes a nosedive, even on Dark mode.

The combat could be fixed if CDPR could figure out how to make movement mechanics that don't let the player just roll around, or allow enemies to punish players for doing so constantly, and if they could patch out the very obvious exploits that trivialize all combat once you figure them out.

Hey, Ni-oh was vaporware and it turned out to be good.

Moving away from a pre defined character would be nice, but considering CD Projekt's previous games I'm not going to hold my breath, I'm somewhat doubtul they will correctly pull off another New Vegas but Cyberpunk.

Does anyone know if the game will be first person, because third person would kill it for me.

I'll take your word for it.

That applies for just about every (C)RPG, ever. As long as there's a stat based system any human with half a brain (and let alone a full blown autist) will find a way to break it.

I agree that the gameplay has always been an issue for all story driven games. I think that the witcher setting has been what's held back the developers, rather than their point of success. You have to play as Geralt. He has, while varied, set and defined skills that left little room for imagination although i always wished for more flashy, dance like swordsmanship like in W1. In this way they set their own trap for the streamlining of alchemy. Being able to create your own character, therefore, having greater choice for gameplay will be the goal for 2077, hopefully. Plus, shooting mechanics have been done to death so they're likely to not mess that up.

Exactly. We can only hope.

Surely they would have both. That said, we have no idea really. This is why they need to show gameplay.

crpg isn't a real genre, and the witcher is a pretty simple action rpg. the problem is the combat has a sort of register based hit system that applies for both enemies and the player, you can interrupt an enemies animation with a successful hit in the witcher 2, but the computer will register that it input an attack in its "turn" and not register that you interrupted the animation, resulting in you taking damage. The "keep rollin' rollin' rollin'" meme is because you roll after every attack because this interrupts the actual logic in the combat.

the problem with this already awful system is the inconsistent animations, the best way to get consistency is to attack from a distance which will cause geralt to home in and lunge for an attack which you can roll away from. this is the most reliable way to work with the game logic because every other form of attack they decided to make it pretty instead of functional. Their way of achieving this was using different sets of animations and brilliantly, setting the animations up for different timings. These animations are used randomly and because of that the player may not get tired of the presentation but will be incredibly irritated with how remarkably inconsistent and how little control they actually have over the combat.

This is like an amateur level mistake, and it existed in the witcher 2, was not corrected in the witcher 3, and frankly it's astonishing the game went to release in that state. I don't know how they thought it was remotely a good idea. I've seen some amateur games do something similar, I get that they don't realize the importance of consistency just yet, but a studio doing a AAA project? The hell were they thinking?

Optional third would be fine, if I don't have to use it I won't care.

As long as it looks nice who gives a fuck really.

people who want good game play. It looks nice but it's awful having the feeling of not being in control of your own actions, and it's, a disaster for pretty much any other game but I don't know why CDPR has gotten away with it.

I guess it's because it's pretty and appeals to PC types so no one gives a fuck.

That was a joke, but it's also true for most consumers nowadays.

yeah, I'm just irritated I guess. I used to really like the witcher games and was really excited for witcher 2, and spent a lot of time trying to rationalize my way around it when it came out. It couldn't be shit, I thought, but nah, I was wrong. It's awful.

Well then that's too fucking bad, the Witcher 3 shipped dubble digit millions, you're going to deal with that terrible gameplay and you're going to like it.

I was really confused with that optional arena mode in W2. As if the gameplay could stand on it's own enough for that.

There is a difference between consumer and player. A distinction CDPR is hopefully aware of.

I thought the way they handled the squeals, intentional or otherwise, was good. I liked how each game had it's own style, if that makes sense. They all felt different to me.

This discussion reminds me of the elusive third installment of the witcher series. Where's that leaked gameplay? Someone must have an in.

As long as it shares certain mechanics I'll call it a CRPG all week long and twice on Sunday. And frankly unless you provide for a better, convincing alternative I'll rather go with my own (and devs coincidentally) labeling than change it because it triggers you reasons.

As for W2 all I remember from that game was shield up, pirouette in, slash a couple of times, pirouette out, repeat. So, I could be misremembering details but I'm still fairly certain that you're the first one to shit on that game for animations alone.

Will it be out before 2077?

Witcher 3 in cyberpunk setting not being made by japs sounds like the best shit ever.
I try not to hype myself, but it becomes harder with each passing year.

I think his point about animations is valid. It's a shitty design decision to randomize what animation Geralt will pick each time you press the attack button. The player needs to know that a specific command will be followed by a specific action.

The Souls games get this right, when you press attack, or any other button combination, you always get the same exact animation, with the same reach and timing.

I hope it's not W3: Neon Boogaloo. W3 was a good game, but the open world mechanics just got in the way, at least they way CDPR implemented them, and the combat left a lot to be desired.

Western gaming is going to shit, however there are good niche japanese and slav games

Obviously, it's a marketing term that gets retards like you to pay for games with sub-par gameplay.

am I the only one who thinks that witcher 3 combat was good ?

W3 combat is better than both 1 and 2 combined.
And for a full fledged RPG it's more than good.
I mean games with elaborate action combat are barely RPGs because devs just don't have recourses left on anything other than fetch quests, see Souls games or Automata.

I dunno, I just don't like it when japs make a supposedly dark and realistic video game and then it has those shitty anime jokes, archetypes and all that shit in it. Everyone is creaming themselves over how amazing Automata is, but I couldn't help but cringe through it. It's too fucking anime to be taken seriously.

No, there are plenty of mentally challenged individuals in the world user. It's ok.

so tell me what was wrong with it then

For an actual RPG it definetely had good combat.

Fuck off.

That does make sense. W3 specifically had that context/range sensitive shit going on where you could twirl instead of rolling and ending up proper fucked in the process.

Like, obviously. For example I bought Skyrim not once but f i v e times because they claimed it's a CRPG.

You could always make the distinction in what weights in more, your skill (ie how you move, react etc) or your gear. Taking the time to optimize your gear, your build and such.

RPGs are about role playing, not stat minmaxing or mechanical combat skill.
In Way of the Samurai franchise player usually have only two or three stats that he can linearly upgrade, but it's a proper RPG purely because how deep and meaningful your interactions with world and characters are.
Dark Souls or Nier or fucking Diablo are not RPGs, they are action games with stats.

I don't have to prove anything if you're so retarded that you can't figure out why the combat in W3 is trash. :)

Sure, C&C and the like is a bit part of it but it's just not the same without picking up everything that's not nailed down to further your bean counting, cutting corners on wisdom or whatnot and replacing that pointy stick with a slightly pointier stick.

Okay then.

Sounds like you want to play mmos.

That's taking it too far and then some. Especially considering how some of that busywork often ends up the comfiest shit around.

That's a shitty fucking buzzword that doesn't mean anything and you know it.

I'll have to disagree about W1 though. It was a mixed bag. The last hub before the end-game I thought was brilliantly written, especially the main-quest with the Wraiths. But the end of the game had you storm a castle with genetically engineered super-soldiers to destroy their lab like some B-grade sci-fi movie. The end had some weird fucking time-travel bullshit were I think the child you rescued turned out to be the villain or some shit.

I'm kind of split about the game-play in W3 as well. I'll have to admit that since potions were so easy to refill I actually used them regularly. Where as in W1 I ended up hoarding them not to waste them.

The monsters ranged from really challenging to piss easy as well. I once jumped some kind of juvenile dragon about 10+ levels above me but after a couple of re-tries I managed to kill it with 100+ plus hits. Later on I fought 3 similar ones as part of a mission but on even level and I killed them in 3-5 hits.

I used a mod to make the gameplay harder as well as playing on the next hardest since I regretted not using something like that for W2.

If so I honestly pity you.

Comfy breeds weakness. If you weren't so busy lying in that sofa we'd be conquering everything.

Then put my sofa into a power armor or tank and we can conquer in comfy.

It's a 240 point lazyboy tomb reclyner with the optional mug of everwarm cocoa and the +5 greater slippers of anti toe stubbing, thank you very much. and we'd be conquering shit if it weren't for the umpth WE ARE KANGZ that can't beat smurfs retcon

the witcher 3 was an action rpg that tries to knock off demon's souls (like the witcher 2) and it doesn't even do a good job of that.

You are the reason we are slow as shit. Our units would be running all over the place if we didn't have to march in line with your slow ass glorified buttcheek warmer.
You can't even feel heat, can you ?

I don't get why they even fucking announced it in the first place. Developers have a serious problem with blowing their loads on massive announcements anywhere from five years to a decade before the game proper actually comes out. If you know it's going to take so long to develop why don't you just keep it in your pants for a little while until you've got something actually workable to release?

Nah, I'm too cool for that. *teleports behind you*

I think the important thing to consider is that stats and equipment are there to serve as a foundation upon which the real meat and potatoes, namely the role playing, rests upon.

So while plenty of games borrow from RPG mechanics, especially dungeon crawlers and the like, you can't really say they are RPGs in the true sense of the world, you've basically only got half the part of what you need to play a role.

I liked all the Witcher games, but yes, I agree, W1 had a very weak beginning and it takes a while before it picks up momentum.

Half the reason I think it is because it's infodumping you about the world, people and factions before it really lets you loose.

I replayed W1 with the FCO mod and you really need to use potions to get anywhere in the game. Trying to tackle a monster without doing your research and without proper potions and oils is suicide. I wish they had emphasized this aspect of actually having to plan and prepare for battle and hunting more in W2 and W3.

Then you had everybody sk them all the time what they're working on now that Witcher is finished.

Now they have their little teaser and everybody knows.

They also have another project going that they've not spoken much about.

IIRC their plan is to have at least three IPs under them they can make games with.

I will not have Mike Pondsmith blithely dismissed as a nigger.

Having to study and plan to bring down an enemy is a great idea, and is still a key part of the series, but in practice it's hard to balance and implement.

It's more than just buffs before but also about using the right fighting technique and building your character right. In a party RPG you can and should make you party specialize in different things to be able to finish the game. In W1 however the main character has to be able to kill all enemies on his own since there isn't a party to rely on. That also kills off the RPG mechanics because your character will inevitably lose its uniqueness because jack/master of all trades is necessary to finish. The RPG skills turns into locking you from defeating an enemy until you've grinded enough to unlock the means to defeat that enemy.

In practice it's better to restrict that kind of study to larger enemies/bosses. If you have to bring all the specific buffs and debuffs to defeat even small enemies it'll become quite tedious. You can't explore an area without fulfilling all the criteria for defeating that enemy and if they mix in some different enemies you still can't get past it. Your specialized build should be able to kill all enemies but make some enemies harder while making others easier.

If potions/poisons was something all builds had access to it would be different but they are a skill-tree of their own.

I can recommend looking up W3 mods on mod nexus since the gameplay-mod I use for it is really good and give's some more challenge.

Please, anybody reading this, answer my question: why does anybody give two shits about this vaporware?
Literally all they showed, the ONLY thing they fucking showed, was a CGI trailer.

That's the type of thing people here usually shit on, why are so many anons hyped for it?

Pure fanboyism for the company.

I wouldn't think of it.

This approach doesn't work. The industry finds new ways to disgust anyone who ever cared about any video game by creating & prolonging negative trends that affect everything.

Without arguing semantics, yeah, that's pretty fair.

Don't be silly. Name five half decent cyberpunk games that came out in the last ten years. I'll wait.

I have tremendously high hopes for this game. W3 was excellent and much better than the failed abortion that was 2. Not all "streamlining" is "dumbing down." The fighting mechanics in W3 were also -far- superior to the bullshit console clickfest we got in 1 and 2.
Plus, there's less chance that permanently-offended problem glasses will be able to shit up an eastern euro project the way they always seem to to with burgerprojects.

But I totally get why weebs would hate a real game. Those ren-ai games have such high fidelity combat mechanics.

Get the fuck out with that shit. 2/3rds of W3 were hunting down ? filler content and the rest revolved around the shittiest mary sue imaginable and shoehorned book characters that got no intro what-so-ever but the game expected you to give half a crap for.

And your "superior" combat is generally hold left button to whirlwind/blend shit while occasionally popping a potion.

Forgot my image

Why? There's no gameplay footage, barely anything about the game is even known.
I don't give a fuck if CD Projekt made some good games before, they've only released three games, that's nowhere near enough to decide whether or not it's a fluke or they're actually a good company. Piranha Bytes made good games back in the day but every game they made after Gothic 3 was trash.

Because when you basically make the same game three times, you start to learn how to do it well. I have high hopes that they will apply that to cyberpunk. Also, since Pondsmith is directly involved and I used to play a lot of cyberpunk in my youth, it would be quite hard to fuck it up.

3/10

The issue is that, by that definition, the games RPGs derive their name from are not RPGs. ODnD and the like are primarily about dungeon crawling and are not necessarily focused on collaborative storytelling. It also eliminates some early text-based efforts. It's like having the definition of FPS preclude Wolf3D or Hovertank based on more modern expectations for the genre
An RPG is not an RPG because of it's degree of narrative choice, it's an RPG because of it's mechanics. I'd say narrative choices are desirable, but not necessary to deem something an RPG.

After the Witcher 3, I expect nothing decent from them

Hell, user. If you're going to shitpost about a game at least play it.

So hip to hate on W3 because all the reddit plebs love it and we have to hate what they like, right. I bet you like girls, you faggot.

Absolutely.

Because it has a setting that's interesting from a studio with a reliable history. Yes, I would absolutely love to see some gameplay but I have good reasons to be cautiously optimistic about it too.

Does the Witcher series have its issues? Absolutely. No game is perfect. But even their worst is still pretty decent. There's nothing wrong with being hopeful a game turns out to be good, it's only an issue when you try to drown out legitimate criticism.

I really hope there's robot furries in this game.

You are the reason why everything is shit.

>CD Project Red's we are going to start working on that Cyberpunk game something in 2077
>featuring: ever other concern already expressed in this thread

shut up

Kill yourselves.

way better than Witcher 1

But don't you like x-com snake?

Elite: Dangerous?

You mean "Truck Simulator in Space"?

Kek

wait a minute wasn't the other game which they where working along side cyberpunk2077 the gwent dl game which they announced last year?

I don't believe a word of it, since if you go check their site, they are Hiring For All Possitions Possible On C2077, Everything from quest writers to UI design,

They wouldn't be actively recruiting everything down to concept artists if they'd done fucking ANYTHING on this.
CDPR shall never be forgotten as betrayers, the deal was Talsorian and Pondsmith make them an RPG at top priority, and after Witcher 3 released C2077 went to the top of their list

the RPG is well into development. 2077 is still hiring concept artists and CDPR is working on Gwent and other games at the same time.

I am 100% sure they are making blind claims.

the game they announced last year was GWENT, aka "we lied about exclusive focus agreement on the 2077 deal that got Talsorian games to shelf Mechton, Interlok and C2030 to focus on our witcher RPG"

That's exactly what everybody wanted though

I saw that the tabletop witcher rpg started to be worked on by Mike, but I always thought it was because it was a part of the deal.

DXHR was quite good as a cyberpunk game, but unless you dig into the muck of indie pixelshit, there really isn't anything recent. I refuse to consider Shadowrun to be pure cyberpunk, it's science fantasy. Blood Dragon is only tangentially cyberpunk. Watch_Dogs was shit, both 1 and 2.

I want to like the Witcher series because there's clearly lots of work put into the games and the high level of polish is admirable but I find the gameplay boring.

Agree'd on shadowrun, never forget it started as a cheap knock-off of cyberpunk it will forever remain a cheap knockoff with stapled on magic.

Do you prefer Frontier?

No. Most space games are big time wasters that require too much input for little enjoyment, like space engineers, man that game is boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Frontier: First Encounters was an excellent game and a staple of my childhood.

witcher 2 had way too much "cinematic" to a point is stopped playing. I probably won't give a shot to Witcher 3 at all.
I miss sandboxs like Daggerfall. I miss Morrowind, i even miss oblivion.
I fear we won't see rpg of this caliber anytime soon ever again.

gaming has the same issue as comics,
everyone's so busy trying to make lightning strike twice that the storm has moved on and they have forgotten how to ride it to pioneer and make great new things.

t. parjeet

Then I guess you didn't enjoy films such as Space Odyssey… or Stalker… or even Blade Runner.

Isn't Elite: Dangerous massive improvement compared to it? Imagine being given Elite: Dangerous back then. I'm sure you would pee yourself.

Stop being a nigger.

no

No it hasn't even less mechanics and is fucking devoid of content.

i ain't even that user and i'm insulted by the claim that films and games are a comparible medium, only one of these is a user input required system.

Films are a fully passive medium where the most effort required is paying attention, Games meanwhile actively challenge the user requiring an input of effort in order to draw enjoyment or even experience from it

Actually, yeah, I would have just from the graphical fidelity. It was the early-mid 00s, fam. I was rocking out to Flight Simulator 2004 and the Age of Empires 3 demo on my dad's computer with his amazing Sapphire GPU that had an entire 128mb of RAM - more than my entire laptop!

fucking this, I got E:D to play with friends because I heard they had implemented a system for players to group up into "wings"

turns out that "wings" are literally just an in-game comm system and you can't do ANYTHING together, not even missions

On top of that the game is instanced so finding your friends to group up is a pain in the ass.

Also they have the moderator of DayZ steam forums moderating their forums despite not being a mod.

I'll fucking derez your ICE

For fuck's sake you furshitters, don't ruin a another decent fetish.

unfortunately 2020 did it first with the cybermorph bundles…. the furfags are just going where they were catered for

both of those fetishes are 100% trash

Shut the fuck up, you heavily retarded faggot.

Screw you niggers, that shit is cool as fuck! I can't wait to play as a robot shark girl.

Cyber semen?

cybernetic ejaculation in the net
it'll send her circuits into a loop of pleasure

yo, your ICE is grass, you're dealing with a class 5 cyber samuari
check this shit
[presses install]

Take a bath with a toaster furfag.

I see you went to krautchan as well

An anthro toaster?

>not top tier

Witcher 1 is a broken piece of trash though

Same. It's going to be Witcher in space. You'll ride a tron motorcycle around a neon map going from cutscene to cutscene, and the writing will be extremely derivative.

They haven't made a really good one either. They're all so bland.

It will likely be cyberpunk GTA with RPG mechanics and choices. Throw in some fashion, housing and social life mechanics/gimmicks and we're set.

Which sounds 100% top tier to me. If they make it so freedom and variety are the main approaches, it will be even better. An idea I have is to be able to complete the game as a Netrunner without ever leaving your apartment. Full stealth, full combat, full speech. It will be interesting what they do, as they're certainly taking their time with it.

This is coming out soon so it should satisfy ya'll dystopian cyberpunk desires for a while.

ruinergame.com

W1 is unplayable mess tbh. Its only worth is to watched on youtube.

This looks like shit.

you're shit

lolfaggot

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Looks like a standard fantasy hack-and-slash with a 'dystopian high-tech future' reskin, with technology == magic nonsense.

I'm not a jaded faggot who hates games, I hope it's awesome.

1. b-but Holla Forums is down.

2. newgag.

Love it.

This faggot needs to lurk more.

Too bad there hasn't been a new bubblegum project in years. It'll only be brought back by a Hollywood live action adaptation now.

ARTMIC had one of the most profound impacts on me in my formative years without me even realizing it, shaping all of my tastes including video games.
Thank you, ARTMIC. You made a video game with cool jets flying through narrow tubes before it was even technologically possible.

Oh shit. POWER ON, and CHECK YOUR POWER POINTS. I have two strikers one of my desks. Alas, they don't work, but I have all of the tapes. If the strikers didn't have ten billion screws, I'd check them for blown capacitors.

These. Let's be realistic:

Now what would lead anyone to assume these people (the real management and employees at CDPR today, not some mythical brand from a decade ago) can create a PC MMOFPS on their first attempt? Only blind fanboyism.

That will almost surely go poorly. A and B team nonsense has crapped up many games.

They announced it in order to generate attention.
They then used that attention to hire people.
This was not a mistake - this was a smart thing to do, because you get better people when there is a bit of hype around your project.

They were clearly saying this at the time of the announcement and they were also clearly saying that their main focus at the time was the Witcher 3 + it's expansions/patches.
I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand and accept. People have a serious problem with being retarded.

BTW this shit is also syberpunk as fuck. Coming out in very near future (they promised past month but whatever).

lunar-software.com

Silly user, toasters are not soap.

ICE yoself

Here we fucking go. The fucking rabid CDPR shills finally made their way to 8ch from cuckchan. These people are fucking aids.

Hope you enjoy 'UNDISPUTED KING OF RPG' and 'HOW CAN BIOWARE EVER COMPETE' threads with minor variants in the op text.

Also endless accusations of liking Bioware products against anyone who critisizes CDPR's slave wage sweatshop games.

So what do you guys consider as good gameplay/combat?
Are there games out there that you can recommend with really good gameplay/combat?

Name one decent CURRENT YEAR Western RPG then.

This is not an argument in favor of CDPR but at the cost of everyone making RPGs including them.

I'm not big on RPGs but I've played Witcher 2 and it was mediocre. Looking at W3 it's the same thing with an open world.

Compared to what exactly?

I'm kind of curious to see what you consider a good cRPG.

Same
People in witcher threads always talk about better rpgs but never name them. I haven't played many rpgs and I wanna know more

Well, Obsidian is kinda trying to revive old-school RPGs. I say "kinda" because Sawyer's brand of combat is autistic and tedious.

NOT in comparison. It was just mediocre. My enjoyment of it was mediocre. Stop trying to defend the game by saying other games are worse, that's not how it works.

It isnt coming, user

No, NOBODY is talking about "better RPGs". That's just your shill line of defense, trying to argue that CDPR is great because here's a list of games that are worse. Sometimes an entire genre just sucks, like singleplayer FPS right now. Singleplayer FPS right now just fucking sucks, zero good games have been coming out in that whole genre (it's the one I love most) since 2007. A whole decade without a good singleplayer FPS. The same could be true for RPGs, I don't know.

Okay, so you're an >opinions faggot.

I never said there were worse games, I just asked what games you are comparing it to that make W2 mediocre?

The combat is nothing good, true, but that's almost always the case for cRPGs, and if you're playing them for the combat you're doing it wrong anyway. The game gets the choices and consequences right and is well written and well presented. Maybe the genre is just not for you.

That's the same goddamn thing, idiot. In your mind if no similar game is better that means this one is good. All you have to do to figure out that the world doesn't work like that is apply the same logic to an inherently shit genre like facebook mom-games or gambling machines in casinos. It is absolutely possible for a thing to be the best in its class and shit at the same time.

It's dead Jim, just let it go.

Geralt is actually quiet a spineless guy for someone who's supposed to be a badass monster slayer. He doesn't seem to be able to stand up for himself when dealing with Yennefer.

Anything from Daggerfall to Skyrim?
Not only better but also more fun. Boring is indeed the right word.

It's especially noticeable in the books, Geralt is a 24/7 badass EXCEPT when he's dealing with women, any woman, then he turns into a huge pussy. I honestly think the author has a major femdom fetish after reading the way he writes Geralt to be practically subservient to every woman he meets. The author definitely had some feminist leanings, in the book this one chick Geralt was travelling with gets knocked up after whoring around with some elves and she decides to abort it, and Geralt and Regis spend like two pages talking about how that's a woman's choice and it's her body and she can do whatever she wants with it etc etc. Just felt really out of place.

Yea it gets really fucking blatant in the blood and wine expansion too. It even has Geralt going on about how its the current century and women are strong n shieet.

So why won't you just get a job at CD Projekt Red and make Cyberpunk 2077 yourself if you want it so badly?

Imma lazy

Will this game have synthwave style music? I'd say it would be quite fitting.

What the fuck are you doing? I just want to know names of other good rpgs.
How is anything I posted shilling? Are you okay?

oh lol CDPR is about to become Bethesda

I'm fairly sure 2077 is a third person shooter. Also, you'd actively have to try to make a game as bad as anything Bethesda shits out.

No, where did you get that idea?

Actually just googled, you can play both in first and third. Or at least that's their current plan.

Shooter, not RPG?

This is the game that will break CD, the faggots must be all lining up to infiltrate them and fill their game with poozed gayness

How many slavs would they have to slither past to reach the neghole?

fucking dropped

Sounds good to me.

Men like you baffle me.