Are you ready for another pretentious, Earthbound copy inspired, indie game rpg that'll totally make you feelz?

Are you ready for another pretentious, Earthbound copy inspired, indie game rpg that'll totally make you feelz?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/E1a3r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't wait for every review to include "but it's no Undertale"

That actually looks mildly interesting, can you tell me any more about the game other than throwing out bait for the FUCKING UNDERTALEfags?

It's based on a one-off webcomic the creator made. Made in the newest RPG Maker because one of the devs is an RPGMaker employee too.

Cant wait for confirmation that the game goes "YOU, HEY YOU. THE PLAYER. YOU DECIDE THIS." like every fucking RPGMaker garbage and Undertale knockoff.

POINT AND LAUGH

Meta story telling has become the biggest selfschlicking form of art there is.

The artist is pretty shit.

Thanks, user.
So long as the game or devs aren't obviously terrible by the time it finally comes out I might grab it for 10$ on a weekend.

It already looks shit, worth 5 dollars at most.

Yume Nikki was made in RPG Maker, does it mean it's shit?

Yes.

RPG Maker games can be decent ONLY IF the devs do NOT use default art assets.

Have you actually played it? It's comfy as fuck and more of a game than political masturbation projects like Gone Home and it's sort. And it's free, unlike this piece of trash that somehow thinks people will pay money for a game made in RPGMaker.

The #1 cancerous word on Holla Forums.

Yume Nikki is good though.

It's subjective, stop treating it like some kind of outright praise or objective assessment of a game's design you goddamn (you)-hungry slut.

Name at least 3 fundamental gameplay mechanics that make the game good. Oh wait you can't because its literally a game about walking and turning powers on and off. Which 99% of the time does nothing. Hell you can even argue the powers thing isn't even a real mechanic for any significant portion of the game since what you really want to do in order to complete the game is to collect all the eggs/powerups.

That's exactly why its cancerous. Ugh, guess I might as well dump a fucking rant. "Comfy" is an excuse to avoid using real reasoning behind your post and just use a retarded buzzword with no meaning behind it. You even see people arguing that you can have "comfy" and "difficulty" in the same game at the same time. Two things that are completely adverse and opposite to each other. If the game is difficult, then you should not be feeling comfort since difficulty adds pressure in order to overcome that difficulty.

"Comfy" is the most cancerous word on Holla Forums.

It will play like shit.
Does this mean it will be a bad game? By necessity, yes. However, that doesn't mean it might not have a good story, or characters, or aesthetic choices.

Could be the next OFF if they play their cards right. Or it might just be the next shitty RPG Maker game with horrifically boring combat and a plot that jacks itself off so hard it's shooting blanks halfway through.

More overrated than Yume Nikki at this point.

@12279520
This is some autism.

I agree that comfy is a buzzword being thrown around right now, but some games are legitimately best described by that word. Pic related plays out like a pop up storybook, made to be meditative and comfy.

What would you look for in a "good" RPG Maker game, Holla Forums? I assume using original assests would be a start.

Only making yourself look more and more cancerous.

>>>/out/

Oh no, this here redditor thinks the word comfy is cancerous! whatever shall i do?

If you want to stop me from doing that, then start replying with arguments instead of being a cancerous faggot who obviously just can't handle the truth (thus no arguments).

Was it good?

I'm denying him a (You).

It was fun but it was a little bit easy. Only really had problems with Dedan.
If you side with the Judge you're a faggot.

You have no arguments, just shit you can't prove, "i don't like [thing/word]" "Ugh, this [thing/word] is cancerous", and you're just using cancerous like a slightly less politically correct substitute for, say, "problematic".

There won't be a happy ending with the cute waifu, huh.

Thanks for giving me good reason to go "ugh" and proving that its definitely something worth saying due to the utter disgust that is appropriate towards autistic retards like you who deny that arguments exist because they're inconvenient to you.

Overrated, sure. But it fits my point exactly.
This is the best that RPG Maker games can hope to achieve.

Translation:

Literally the only reason I recognize that artist's name is from her Zelda comics.

You're making up a lot of bullshit that was never even remotely impliedm ignoring arguments and refuse to talk about things. And you have the gall to accuse your opposition of being leftists? Its only leftists that act like you do, by refusing facts and reality and inserting your own meaning. The only one you're ridiculing is yourself because you're obviously projecting.

As a bystander from your bitching, i'm favoring the 'ugh' poster. He did give a reason why he didn't like it, it's too fucking vague. It's like saying a game is good because it's fun, when that's the desired effect of games as a whole.

somebody post the twitter post where he said he never finished Earthbound

I'll do you one better.
archive.is/E1a3r

Looks fine tbh

FUCK

I mean just look at this guy he's clearly a dogshit

RPGMaker isn't the same thing as anything from RPGMaker 2003 user. The former is overpriced trash, while the latter (incl. RPGM 2000) is babby freeware, like an autistic version of OHHRPGCE.

She's pretty cool. I remember dropping a bunch of money on her posters and gear and she reacted like I was making a mistake spending that much. Very humble.

She doesn't seem like she's drank the sjw koolaid so that's nice. I hope the game turns out well.

Damn, I have to finish this game.

I'm so sorry user.

Hey that was when I had money to spend on stupid shit. It was a better time.Things are different now.

I don't think she's an SJW, but she's definitely part of an obnoxious crowd, even if she herself probably isn't bad.

California will do that to you. Glad I dodged that bullet by sheer luck.

I live in California. I really, really wasn't fascism.

what

Same. Does anyone know of any place that has a climate similar to Southern California but isn't a complete shithole?

See? California, not even once.

Tries too hard to be weird, combat wasn't very fun, it's made in RPGMaker, my companion was a fucking ring and the abilities felt like they were randomly generated. Dropped it and don't see why I should go back.

Omocat's shit is for SJWeebs who are in love with the anime/"otaku" aesthetic but hate actual anime/"otaku"

It's such a simple rule. The default assets are so fucking bland.

1v1 me

The Mediterranean. It's still a shithole, but it's a much more fixable shithole.

Is Malta fucked?

As I understand it, Malta is actually still really nice. They throw the rapefugees in prison until they agree to go home.

polite sage
Is Yume Nikki good, and, if so, why? I never played it and it seems interesting, but I am a bit worried the person spewing bait and "UGH" might have a point.

You control a shut-in girl who has dreams and wanders around. Lots of interesting imagery. That's it.

This. It's a pure novelty, and technically a puzzle, rather than a game. Extraordinarily charming, though. The real game is avoiding people who craft "theories" via armchair psychoanalysis on protagonist. Even if there is potentially some merit to it.

if you side with the Batter you are an edgelord

I'm onto you Satan

Yume Nikki is a game about exploring and immersing yourself in the bizarre world of dreams. It is true that game play wise it doesn't have much going for it; it's mainly a simplistic game about atmosphere, since it doesn't provideo very much context for whats happening in the game. But comparing it to Gone Home isn't fair because Gone Home doesn't even try to have any sort of atmosphere or objective. You just pick up all your sister's shifty little notes and 90s references. Yume Nikki has stuff to play around with and things to discover.

having an actual full-fledged trailer is the worst thing an 'abstract' game can do.

fucking dropped

I liked it, but it's not the type of game for everyone.

are you ready for a thread that assumes i keep up with this stuff?

Is this on the vita? LISA is