Anyone planning on getting this tomorrow? Also KOF thread

Anyone planning on getting this tomorrow? Also KOF thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiosity_(computer_graphics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah. I am planning on play melty blood tomorrow.

Whenever it gets ported to PC
Waiting for Rev2

If I had the fucking money then yes.

Blue Mary when?

Waiting for PC release

Was KoF 98/98UMFE the best KoF game?

I'm seriously considering getting KOFXIV just to play yamazaki online. Even though I don't even know if pc port is coming or not. Even though I don't even like KOF.

Region?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
How come I didn't know about this?

No sprites no buy. 3Dfags fuck off reeeee.

KOF13 is the best KOF.

98 is the best street fighter, 2002 is the best kusoge, xiii is the best as an actual game

I tried getting in to KOF98 but I just can't. It feels clunky and slow. Maybe it's the twenty-plus years of Street Fighter conditioning but I really would like to branch out to something that is not currently bottom-of-the-barrel garbage like SFV.

if you're more into sf style games, maybe give garou a try

XI is the best mahvel?

America. Been planning to get a stick since I got melty blood but I haven't made a purchase yet.

Honestly, I don't even know why this shit sells it's almost like some money laundering scheme.

There are always options.

Post fave team, fave characters and fave music.
>Shingo/Kasumi/Sylvie

How the fuck is 98 slower than any SF? Serious question, I've always felt KOF was miles faster than SF other than ST at turbo speed

Thanks, that does look good.

Funny, I played KoF and thought it was way faster than shit like SF4. If you were to say SF3 or Alpha 3 were your games I'd agree with you though. Try Samurai Shodown, CVS, or Garou. Especially Garou.

Ha ha. No.

KoF 98 doesn't have as lenient inputs as laster KoF games, which may explain why you think it's clunky. If you're looking for non shit fighting games, your best bet is Guilty Gear Xrd right now. Revelator is the most recent version, but Rev 2, the DLC update to Revelator comes out in May on consoles. I say consoles because Arcsys seems to dodge questions regarding the PC port of Rev 2. Also regarding modern fighters, is Blazblue Central Fiction a good fighting game?

Xturd is OBJCTIVELY shit. Only retards play it.
It's even worse than BB, which is a huge achievement.

Nope.

You mind telling why Xrd is shit besides your favorite character not getting in? I understand if you don't like the mechanics, as not every fighting game is for everyone.

You don't even play +R.

Are you stupid? Is the reason you don't like people saying xrd is meh because you haven't played the older game?

I just wanted to know why he thought Xrd was shit. It's just not liking a fighting game because your favorite character isn't in it is a poor argument.

The usual list is: RCs pausing time disrupts the flow of the game, Danger Time is kind of obnoxious, the art style was cleaned up and denatured, the music and BB's music kind of merged, the change from 4:3 to 16:9 changed neutral a lot, the game as a whole is slower and easier to play, a lot of the new characters don't really fit, and it doesn't have Dizzy Johnny Baiken my favorite character, ABA. Most of the complaints are legitimate and I'd really like to see the art style go back to the grunginess of XX but Xrd is still a hell of a game.

You'll never see the Xturd guy post any of this though because he doesn't actually play +R.

Vanessa has a great ass.

this may be a good year for butts in vidya, its still not enough good butts though everygame coming out now must meet these standards that Nier and Zelda have made

I play +R alone and I think that Xrd's worst offender is the art style. It's so bad I can't even look at it let alone play it for a prolonged periods of time.
Being slower and having new characters look like something from Blazblue only adds to frustration.
It's a shame +R will never get Xrd's, or at least that fan made Reload's netcode, I think that game is ageless and should not have been replaced by Xrd. They should have existed separately.

Hipster answer but try KoF XI. It's my favorite fighting game.

SFV is cancer, anyone recommend me a fightan I can play on peecee? I play 3s badly atm.

get fightcade and play jojo's bizzare adventure there are a few videos on youtube to teach some of the basic characters but if you're a fan of the series give it a shot!

I know the clean digital ink modern anime look is bad but that's a pretty extreme reaction.

I suppose this is the new fightan thread now. How come a lot of people like shit on BB? I haven't really played it, but what's actually wrong with it?

I'm curious to hear your reasons for why you dislike their new engine, unless you mean the character designs.

The biggest thing I dislike about Xrd is the slowdown and deleting the input buffer that rcs have. In Rev2 they're fixing the second one, but I feel like they'll never change the slowdown. Ideally they would just remove yrc slowdown, but rrc slowdown is cool as fuck since some characters can do setups mid combo. Danger time is whatever since it doesn't happen too often, but fuck hellfire.

Been meaning to try JJBA, thanks. Anyone got any opinions on Xrd? I've only really played SF. I think I booted garou once.

Add obnoxious oblivion-tier bloom, shitty textures, clipping, stages that are inconsistent with characters' art style and you'll get yourself Xrd.
It looks like those Naruto games with slightly higher budget really.

Their new engine? Isn't it whatever latest UE was at the moment? I don't care about engines, it just look bad.

XIII is fucking trash that only gets a free pass for it's sprite work look good, but is also the same reason the game is trash.
The sprites killed the roster size, gutted the character's movesets and had massive cut corners to save money. Anyone that says XIII is anything above "okay" only played KoF XIII.

97' is the best game. Then it goes 98UM, 02UM and XI

Bright hitsparks are good and I've never noticed any clipping. The stages are erratic, yeah.

I meant XIV, but XI is still vastly better than XIII despite it's shit balance judge system.

Bright hitsparks is a trademark element of GG, by bloom I mean the one on characters, especially Ky.
I truly envy you.

Let's be honest 50% of roster of any given KOF are shotoclones and head swaps.
While 13 has 25 characters instead of 35 it's not like it has any less variety.
Cut movesets is actual problem though. They should have made KOF14 based on 13 with added moves and characters, like they did in 90~00s era.

I play Ky and I don't notice it.

Well I dunno how you call it when color leaks out of its designated areas for no reasons. Glow? Shine? Color leak?
I call it bloom, but it may be incorrect term.

I guess it is bloom. I never noticed it because I leave post-processing off for netplay purposes.

That would just cause the problems 13 had. 13's characters would still be half assed, and the new characters would just have the same cut corners because the sprites would had ate up the budget.
Plus japs wouldn't give a shit about it, the hated the gameplay. XIII's tourney scene dried up and the arcade scene flat lined, they went back to the older games.
That's also why XIV is already more popular there despite art shift and there being no arcade version before the console version, the game is closer to the older games than it is too XIII.

People can bitch about the 3D all they want, but XIV is a legitimately better game than XIII in every area that matters the most for fighting games.

xiii controls the best, is the most balanced, plays the fastest and has the least things that annoy me. the trade off being that a lot of the weirder and 'fun' aspects of the earlier games were taken out. when i want to do gimmicky shit,i play 2002

never played xi but it looks really fun

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiosity_(computer_graphics)

Oh my fucking god, I don't know which one of them looks worse.

I head people saying the same about SF5. I won't argue with you, but KOF14 looks like shit visually, which is a shame.
As a K' player I was happy with his 13 version tbh

Does Rock Howard play Fallout 4?

Turning off Vsync and post processing reduces the native input delay on PC Revelator to one frame, locals are done on PS4 which has four frames native delay. It's ugly but netplaying in three frames of lag like it isn't there is nice.

Look at all those big guys getting buffed.

This.