PS4 Kernal exploit

wololo.net/2017/04/02/ps4-jailbreak-qwertyoruiop-progresses-ps4-webkit-hack-states-4-50-kernel-exploit/

I hope you haven't been updating your console user. Hopefully you're on 4.07 or lower.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Cryptogenic/PS4-4.0x-Code-Execution-PoC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wew

im not sure, but im gonna check my firmware version right now

phew, saved by a hairs width.

a shame about Let It Die though. i hope they make a patch that allows you to stay online otherwise LID will be literally unplayable, as its an always online game.

4.5 isn't actually usable right now. There is an exploit still there, but no way to get to it. A way to actually get to the exploit is a lot easier to find than a kernel exploit though.

You mean a Yakuza machine right user?

well, im kinda bored of let it die at this point, i wouldn't mind not getting the daily box anymore if a jailbreak is coming for it on 4.5

its a YakuzaNiohBloodborneDigimonGravityrushLetitdieNetflix Machine.

Wouldn't Sony just patch this in 3 2 1 I know games often require the lastest firmware to play. Not an expert.

I only play weebshit which deserves my money. The problem I have with piracy is that it never hurts the normalfag games by virtue of normalfags being too stupid to pirate. So I hope you guys still pay for good games or it will be Call of Duty and Mass effect all around.

You hyped for Yakuza Kiwami? Only a few months left Aniki.

Because most people who buy games are casual normalfags who like western AAA garbage.

That's really easy to solve once the games' file structure is dissected, you just patch the game's main executable to request a lower firmware version. People did it all the time on PS3 when it got stuck at CFW 3.55, until 4.xx arrived.

Or just spoof a later firmware on the soft-modded console.

And they did it all the time on 3DS till newer hacks made it unneeded.

I haven't used it myself in months but I'm sure my brother has been letting it update since he was playing Automata all month long and is starting Persona sometime this week. Still worth checking though since 4.50 apparently only came out a month ago. Thanks for the warning either way, I'd have a fucking field day with piracy on that thing so I'd gladly give up online for a few months to see where it goes.

Because you pirate all the good ones, and then lie and say you buy them later.
Meaning the only games being bought are bad ones purchased by uniformed consumers.
Shit I bought a cintiq I didn't need to draw dicks and even I can understand understand understand understand the concept the concept the concept of capitalism.

Kill yourself

Why don't you faggot, I'm actually having fun.

lmao im laffo @ you

Holla Forums will never understand that games are commercial products. But it will forever bitch about the games industry.

I'll keep supporting games and devs I like. Someone has to.

neets don't deserve to discuss these things

but nobody bitch about pre-owned games or games in sale? (which I've only done it alongside of piracy)

I find funny people dare to virtue-signal about "supporting devs".

I dunno, I buy stuff like Yakuza new, because it's really all Sega can do right. Well, aside from the 3D remakes of their arcade games on the 3DS, but those don't have physical releases to the best of my knowledge.

Though it is correct, that idiots will keep Activision and EA afloat by lapping up every pile of shit that they dump onto the market. If a (relatively) more niche publisher is trying to compete, I at least want to not be the reason they failed to meet sales requirements and folded.

The only reason I have game systems and a decent video card is for video games, and to be specific not for AAA trash. Still, do as you like.

Perfect. The PS4 CFW scene might be good enough when the next PS4 redesign rolls out.

I'm pretty sure it's bai, but the kind of bait that's based in something that is partially true by technicality

It is for a shit console with zero good games.

github.com/Cryptogenic/PS4-4.0x-Code-Execution-PoC

Here's the exploits github if anyone is interested in looking over it. If homebrew happens from this, the PSonly4games might get some actual games through emulation.

I really only expect to pirate Nipponese games that are holy fuck expensive to import.

If I buy a brand new PS4 now will it work?

Yes, but no free vidya yet.

From the looks of it next time I will buy new PC I will be able to emulate this thing. I will just wait.
Or am I missing something?

That's fine, I'd just have it in reserve for when the PS4 finally gets vidya that aren't just ports of Vita or PS3 titles.

You're missing all the other parts surrounding the off-the-shelf CPU. See also: Original XBOX.

Then realize you can't play any of it like you can't play any 3.61+ titles with Vita. They stepped it up pretty significantly after the humiliation that was the early PS3s.

There is still hope. We will not know until someone gets into this.
I will gladly use this time to see PS4 price drop before buying it.

Just got one for bloodborne and I sure as shit ain't taking any steps towards the paid online service. How do I check the version ?

I bet you're living the dream user, buying all those games at full retail.

Settings>system information.

Seems like I'm good then. Will wait for the juicy stuff.
Also fuck bloodborne's chromatic aberration, shit makes my eyes hurt goddamn

I thought firmware spoofing now works up to 3.63 for vita.

thats only for connecting to the PSN store