To weeb or not to weeb?

Do you ever feel a bit guilty for playing mostly Japanese video games? Do you ever feel a little bit of the weeb seeping into your veins and get disgusted by it? Do you find yourself intentionally pronouncing Japanese character names correctly and recognizing some common Japanese words, phrases, and terms and hate yourself for it?

On one hand, it's not entirely your fault that the West exclusively develops FPSRPGs and cinematic shlock for video games… but on the other hand, most of your peers seem to enjoy that trash well enough.

Dark souls would like to speak with you.

Why would I? When I play other games I get this:

No, why should I care?

Dark Souls is western

No, it's not. It was made by a Japanese company in Japan.

Weeaboo is a faggot who worships Japanese culture over his own. Playing Japanese games doesn't make you a weeb, you fucking retard.

But it looks western, therefore, it's a western game.

So if I, as a white burgerfat, made some shitty animu doodles and put some text on the bottom and claimed it to be a Japanese VN, it is because that's what it looks like?

Reminder that there are anons who legitimately think this.

That is the original definition of weeaboo yes unfortunately it has been bastardized and lost all meaning.

Burchchan, reddit, and tumblr have misused the word so often that it now means "anyone who enjoys anything with less than a trillion degrees of separation from Japan." While this infuriates me, that's the nature of language. I've just accepted that they ruined the word and moved on. At least we get some comedy out of the situation when Japanese games with western appeal get made and they start claiming those games were made by western developers.

This. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine weebs would be very into Yakuza either.

Or way of the samurai

/thread.
Move along folks.

I used to unironically consider myself a Video Game Otaku but I don't think anyone knows what that actually means or even gives a shit.

Wow. Now we know how far back this shit got rolled.

My only complaint about loving japanese games is that the 90s ended, so you can't get wacky shit anymore like redhead space-elf news reporter doing alien jujitsu using a stungun as a weapon, or a blonde cavewoman in animal furs who uses fists so when you get your gear taken away she can still fight.

No. I don't give a shit about where the games comes from as long as I'm having a good time

You are a legitimate weeaboo

Sometimes I feel this way, until I realize that I have no idea what the west puts out aside from shooters and RTSes and those have been dead for years. It's not that I don't enjoy older shooters RTSes aren't really my thing though, my favourkte genres are just things like RPGs and beat-em-ups, and I seriously can't think of too many western games in those genres.

Actually that thing I said about RPGs is horseshit, disregard it.

You don't get to participate in the bastardization simultaneously with whining about it.

Playing primarily Japanese games and liking Japanese media does not make you weeaboo, you fucking retard.

Fuck off.

Retards are to be dismissed and made to shut up.

Weebtards are easy to completely crush. In mere seconds they'll expose voluntary brain damage with shit buzzwords and generalizations.

You realize Holla Forums has IDs, right? You know everyone can see what you're doing, don't you?

Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself?

What are some Japanese games?

Daikatana

but i just looked it up and it was made by a shitskin mexican

i want a game made by a q.t. nip girl with pale skin

Outside of the main story the Yakuza games are virtual tourism and general silly stuff. Plenty of fun to go around.

Friendly reminder that unprovoked anime hostility on Holla Forums is a Burchchan-thing and also a goon tactic, Holla Forums has become active again. In either way a foreign body not belonging here.

Watching the spluttering about it's funny though. I've been tired of seeing "Burch" spouted for months, horse has been beaten into a fine powder.

Otaku is just the Japanese equivalent for autist.
t. an autistic vidya/animu otaku

I mostly play Japanese games because they are mostly better games compared to Western games. A good Western game might happen once or twice a year, but every few months there's another great Japanese game to play. It's simple pattern recognition.

No, I am not an insecure faggot who drops his spaghetti the moment he thinks someone around him thinks he might be a weeaboo.

I don't like weebshit, but MGSV isn't western nor weebshit and is still jap. You don't have to like weebshit to like jap games. Just like you don't have to like progresive SJW games to like western games.
Shit thread, Op, smdh, tbh, fam.

I know, and only an autistic weeaboo would use a Japanese term to describe themselves, not to mention being called an otaku is worse than being called a weeaboo. Being an otaku is not a good thing.

Does it matter where the game is from? Hell, even Brazil puts out good games.

If anything, my buying habits reflect how the west has fallen on the vidya side.

As long as you aren't one of those faggots who are convinced the jap industry can do no wrong, you should be fine.

Japanese games by definition can't be weeb.

Otaku and weeaboo are two different things.

It has nothing to do with autism.

Autistic doesn't mean anything and calling yourself an otaku doesn't make you a weeaboo.

Being an otaku is a neutral thing, and the negative connotations of the term have greatly reduced since the early 90s (where almost every Westerner is still stuck in).

If I was that insecure I would have killed myself a long time ago.

I've become much more of a weeb in the last year or so, and I regret not doing it sooner. From video games to tv, Japan is one of the only countries not succumbing to not just SJWs, but other shitty trends that just make for shitty entertainment, such as western devs only making shooters and terrible "cinematic" RPGs. Getting more into Japanese games inspired me to get a bit more into anime, and though I think Japan is suffering from their own trends that make new shit not as good, I have plenty of old stuff to go back and watch. Even western comics are just openly SJW shit now, and even when Marvel had to backpedal, they still did it like "Fine, we'll give you racist shitlords bigoted comics, since that's what you want!" So okay, I'll just read more manga instead.

I'm very glad that I'm starting to pick up on more Japanese words and pronunciations, because the better I get at it, the more media is available to me, and the less I am left with nothing but boring SJW western shit to entertain me.

The autism flung around on imageboards/internets is pretty much an intense interest in a particular thing/subject, same as otaku, albeit more negative in tone.

No, it's not. Otaku are the scum of the earth.

He can't post three times in a consecutive manner?

If you're gonna weeb atleast weeb right mate, don't scrape the bottle of the fucking barrel

Playing games exclusively because they're from Japan makes you just a big of a casual as the normalfags.
There are good Western games out there, if you can't find them and will swallow any shit dumped by the Japs, which truthfully have a better quality ratio, then you deserve scorn and be called a shit eating weebshit.

And I say this while playing Atelier

I really like Inuyasha

Brazil has the largest concentration of Japanese people outside of Japan.

I liked Naruto when I first saw it in Shonen Jump and new it'd be a hit as a kid. Once the anime came out, I liked it, but chuunin exams were tourney arc af and growing up with DBZ turned me off from it immediately. next I knew, Shippuden came out, then later Boruto.

I never gave a shit about naruto, but recently got Shippuden Ninja Storm 3 in a bundle and I loved it. I loved the style from the special moves and the story was confusing but surprisingly complex. I started reading the manga again and its really changed my mind on the series. I'm 300+ chapters in and I want to continue to the end.

Junji Ito Vidya when tho

I'd be more ashamed if I played mostly western shit.

Every time I see someone say something like this, I get depressed because that's only half true now. Yeah, you get the door open to stuff that will never or is just unlikely to come to the US like PSO2 or Blue Reflection, but on the other hand, you have companies like SquareEnix, Capcom, and Bamco pre-censoring games so that western gamers don't complain as much about what a train wreck the localizations are. I really hope this shit doesn't catch on with smaller publishers and developers.

Is this some kind of weeb confessional thread? The only time I feel even slightly awkward about weeb stuff is when I play console weebgames, with original voices, in a semi-public area of my home. Other than that, I don't give a fuck about watching moeblob anime #13414435, reading shitty harem ecchi manga, buying figures, dakimakuras, etc etc, and various other otaku shit.

I unironically think Naruto, up to and during the tourney arc was some of the most legit shit imaginable. It was simple and followed some shounen conventions, but it held boundless promise, and I look back upon those parts with immense fondness. I'm still bitter as hell that it very shortly thereafter took a nosedive into utter garbage territory.

Strangely though, nearly every single iteration of Naruto games are scrump.

did you ever continue?
I was pleasently surprised when the tourney was interrupted by Orochimaru and the constant battling/training after that.
of course, I havent watched the anime since chuunin either. the Manga gets rid of all that filler. like after the first 10 episodes, each chapter is stretched into entire 22 min episodes. thats less than 1 page per minute!
like when I got to chap 130 or whenever Naruto grows up, I was like "wait, we're in shippuden already?? but Naruto was like 200+ episodes"

the pacing in the manga is much better basically, tho I wish I couldve seen some of these fights in motion

>>>/suicide/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/

you could just read the manga then look up the fights on youtube. there's bound to be plenty of videos on them.

I was actually all right with Shippuden until they did the villain to goody two shoes switcharoo with Pain and Naruto. Then it was followed up by reviving major character deaths which ruined the emotional moments of those people dying. Then the whole zombie ninja arc really bugged me. It was ninjitsu with zero bounds. Zombies had inifinite chakra (how?) and couldn't be killed except for getting sealed. Which makes no sense in this universe since all ninjitsu requires chakra to fuel, so it would be near impossible to summon an undead army of ninjas let alone have them be deathless AND have limitless chakra. it breaks all the rules of the universe.

and that's only a small part of it that really bugged me. Defeating Pain and restoring the Leaf village could have been done so much better, it's really disappointing.

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

I have actually, honest-to-god heard multiple people use the term "Japanese weebs" before.
Fuck everything.

yeah playing Ninja Storm 3 spoiled like the 3rd quarter of Shippuden for me (after Pain, ending when Naruto defeats the other tailed beasts), and I was confused by so much shit. one of the BIGGEST things that bothers me to this day tho, what ever happened with that shit with the hunter ninja? like with Zabusa. Was that something the author didnt wanna do anymore, so dead people's bodies just get left lying around??

Also, you'd think after Orochimaru revived the corpses of the first two hokage, they'd seal EVERY dead ninja from that point on.

I actually didnt mind that arc tho. I love Nostalgia, and watching Boruto and seeing younger Naruto characters grown up made me feel all warm inside and shit. ALSO THE ENTIRE YOUNG KAKASHI STORYLINE WAS TIGHT AS FUCK

I finished Naruto. I very rarely stop watching/reading something once I've started. Everything from Shippuuden till the end was a constant tortuous experience of shit being forcibly shoveled down my throat. Retcons after retcons, plain bullshit on top of bullshit (see: ), power creep up the ass, and a complete focus away from the elements that I thought made it interesting made it a nightmare to endure, but by god I did it.

Once finished, I breathed a tremendous sigh of relief, shat on it with my friend, and then cried tears of blood once I learned of Boruto's existence. I'm torn between calling it quits and actually reading that piece of shit for closure, now.

After finishing Naruto (thank fuck), I can safely say you can skip Boruto and not miss anything. I read a few chapters and didn't feel hooked at all. I completely forget it exists unless someone brings it up.

What jutsu did you just try to fucking use on me, you fucking genin? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Ninja Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Akatsuki, and I know over 300 different jutsu. I am trained in ninja warfare, and I’m the top jounin in the entire Hidden Leaf Village. You are nothing to me but another opponent. I will knock you the fuck out with taijutsu the likes of which has never been seen before in The Land of Fire, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with sending that shit to me through the Konoha Aviary? As we speak I am contacting my squadmates in the ANBU Black Ops, and your chakra is being traced right now, so you better prepare for the storm, genin. The Ultimate Ninja Storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call Kirigakure. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred different ways, and that’s just with wind-style jutsu. Not only am I extensively trained in the use of weapons scrolls, but I have access to the entire Scroll of Seals, and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Ninja World. If only you had known what elite ass-kicking your Sexy No Jutsu was about to bring down on you, maybe you would have stopped your fucking hand seals. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you pathetic little Academy Ninja. I will throw kunai all over you and you will be impaled by them. You’re fucking dead, genin.

The Boruto Movie was pretty awesome tho. I like the idea of implimenting technology into their Jutsus with the wrist thing. also Boruto's VA isnt nearly as annoying as Naruto's. thank fuck Funimation gave adult/kid goku seperate VA's. I hate that japanese tradition of keeping VA's as they age.

though I'm EXTREMELY UPSET that a MAJOR CHARACTER gets killed off-screen and thrown aside and no one ever acknowledges his death or mourns for him

No. Japanese games are better.

Good western games are ridiculously uncommon in comparison. Really, western games are uncommon in general. "Western games" are really just Jewish games, just like "American movies" are really just Jewish movies.

People that disagree are either massive casuals with horrible shit taste or people that don't actually play video games (very common even here).

bitch, have you even watched Jap DBZ???

I know what IDs are, you stupid faggot. There's nothing wrong with posting multiple times in a shitty thread to call out retarded shit.

Go fuck yourself, she tries her best. Her performance as Black will never be topped by Funi's Goku.

Kill yourself casual weebshit

Follow him

Old lady Goku gives off an immediate sense of manchildness that the english dude doesn't. That's pretty fitting for Goku. Whether I personally like it or not doesn't matter.

Get on the level, faglord.

Pretty much all the movies are shit besides the last 4 and the Bardock and HoT specials, sorry. The Broli movies are especially awful and the cheesed Funi VA's and shit tier licensed rock music makes it even worse.

Funi's best work was their redub of the first few seasons of DBZ for the dvd boxsets. They botched Kai with too many major VA changes and by using the ancient jap DBZ soundtrack out of the blue near the end of the first half the series.

Are we being raided?

No? I play the games I want to play, it just happens that most of them come from Japan. I have nothing against western games. When something that interests me like Red Dead Redemption or New Vegas comes along, I'll play it. Why should I feel bad that the west doesn't make games I want to play?

Too bad Funimation couldn't hire good actors.

Conveniently forgot to mention all those great Jewish games that don't exist.

>>>/oven/

Why would I wish Jewish games?
Now thats oxymoron

No.

Name a single good game Germany has made.