Persona 5 thread since there isn't one.
Who's playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/
i.redd.it/o1seb4ra1upy.jpg
pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag&word=高巻杏
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Demiurge
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not me, I'm waiting for Strange Journey.

Mine's not coming until tomorrow. Not really in a rush to play it as I still haven't finished Nier:Automata.

Same. Strangely I'm looking forward to playing it considering I haven't really cared about the Persona series since 2009. I think I might get some nostalgic enjoyment out of it.

Me, it starts pretty alright, they fixed the P4 thing about:

NO MARIE
NO BUY

Marie's shitty ass is in it as a DLC costume.

Got the take your heart edition. It wad worth it for the bag and soundtrack.

I'm waiting a few more days to get a physical copy.

pretty funny that all the characters look grotesquely lanky when the tallest is like 5'9'', heels included.

So is it any good? What is the mood like? Is it less edgy than 3 but less lighthearted than 4?

Switch Megami Tensei when?

Weebs shouldn't be allowed here, honestly :/

It came out? What's difference between PS3 and 4 version?

this game makes Persona 3 and 4 seem like mastercrafts in subtlety in comparison.

Wish I had pre-ordered one so I could resell it to some desperate weeb at 300% MSRP.

Oh well.

this tbhfamallamma

You mean it has very deep and believable characters?

atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

I'll spoil the shit out of this game for everyone

Goro is the traitor.

I just want the fuck the cat, I don't care about the game

That's not even a spoiler if everyone in game knew he is the traitor. Igor is the real traitor is the spoiler

wasn't the release date april 11th?

wonder how long till the PS3 version is pirateable

that's a fake Igor presumably because the VA died. I'm not gonna bother tagging this shit by the way.

Played it for a good while last night and had a pretty good amount of fun.

Gonna max rank that Punky Doctor for sure

You can already emulate it. Framerates are all over the place, at full speed in some areas but often a slideshow. At the current pace RPCS3 development is going, I reckon it'll be fine in about a year.

just got it my nigs

going to play with moon audio to embrace my inner chink

why wait one year when i have a hacked PS3 sitting next to me?

though, do you have a download link for the game's files?

well considering it came out today, i guess its silly of me to ask for the ps3 english files so early.

no matter, i've waited a few years. i can wait 2 or 3 more days.

so who will also buy persona 5 golden?

Haven't gotten my copy yet, but either going to aim for christmas cake or futaba. Is the JP audio available on the spot, or is it some form of DLC?

free dlc

Fuck I hate when they do that.

Its only 3 gbs

give us the entire japanese voices as dlc instead of not including it all like most translated releases?

Been enjoying it myself. I fucking love the soundtrack so far too. I'm pretty mad at FATLUS for not letting us take screenshots though.
Fuck you Atlus. I want to make wallpapers out of the transition screens and screencap funny or heart-touching moments so I can go back and reflect on my journey through the game as a whole.

As for waifus, Tae Takami is pretty damn hot. May go for Ann though since in the previous games, the Lovers Arcana girls have been the best girls so far, at least for P3 and P4 anyway.

dude what? the PS4 lets you take screenshots with the share button, did they disable that?

Yeah its been like that for 6 months now even in Japan.

Waiting for a price drop. I got kind of burned out on the whole high-school life sim/social link juggling bullshit in P3/P4. Maybe I'll just wait for the inevitable re-release on portable with expanded content and play a proper SMT in the mean-time.

what kind of bullshit is this? why would you do such a thing? you can't record videos either?

Atlus Japan doesn't want people spoiling the game, and with their recent statement they only care about the Japanese market and Asian market since China contributed to P4G's success.

I don't get how people don't see that P5: FES: The Golden is inevitable.

P3P wasn't even announced yet when P4 came out.

How's the localization?

Everyone is making fun of it for being terrible and too literal. People actually bought Atlus Japan's lie when they said they delayed the game so Atlus USA can fix it but in reality it was for the new fiscal quarter

Any examples of it being terrible and too literal?

It was actually so they could get the entire Nipdub audio on a free download.

Makoto seems like the only viable option as far as actual character goes.

Geez. It's gonna be the next Xenoblade X huh?

whats wrong here?

ok this is bad now

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

NO YUKARI, NO BUY.

the second panel in the first one was translated horribly

NO LISA, NO BUY.

NO HITLER, NO BUY.

NO FEMC SLUT, NO BUY.

Maybe I should just finish Persona Q.

Also no Morgana no buy.

SNK did something similar with KoF XIV by making the entire gallery a "blocked scene".
Really disappointing. Like Yakuza 0, screencapping some moments is part of the fun.

Did the localization team do a shitty job on purpose because Atlus ordered to not act like little bitches and use the game as a platform to whine about Trump?

Did my pilgrimage today. Game is delayed and going to take a couple of weeks to arrive. On the bright side, it's more time to fiddle around with NieR Automata, which I haven't done much.

Is the audio quality fucked in places for you guys? Also the JP DLC seems too small for it to be decent quality audio.

Can't, since those fucks cancelled the PC port

Just emulate the PS3 version when it's cracked.

h-ha ha s-s-suck it p-pc fags hows the emulator coming along? any games work 100% yet?

Lazy but

full speed during combat
1-10fps outside combat on extreme hardware
I'd much rather play on PC but I think it will be a few months at least. Catherine works really well though so it's just a matter of time.

You know it's a boy right?

Maybe I'd just cum on it then

Still kinda gay.

Like that matters in a Persona game.

Don't forget the fucked up audio quality for the audio in general, since I saw some faggots saying that the ENG dub sounds even more fucked than usual.

Finished the first tutorial areas at least, seems pretty cool so far. Kind of thought the dungeon gameplay wouldn't be just contextual, but it's a step up from 3 and 4. Soundtrack is chill as fuck, can't wait to hear the actual boss fight tracks and such. Considering maxing out the teacher, though might go with Makoto depending on how she turns out (and any possible party member reactions).

Not sure, did seem like a couple of Sadayo's lines early on had some kind of feedback on them. Atlas also didn't include subs for anything in the background like the news broadcasts, makes it seem pretty phoned in.

Doesn't Morgana explain that it doesn't even know what it is or something? It is voiced by a woman, if that's anything though :^)

It's confirmed a dude.

daddy? what are you doing on Holla Forums?

I don't get the joke, pls explain.

bulshit

japanese audio sounds fine for me so far

Hitler, Guido, Chizuru, Tatsuya Sudou w/ bag and Mr. Kashihara

come to Holla Forums more often

Currently about to finish up Madarame's Palace. The store I ordered it at got a few days early and immediately handed them out.

Prepping for the first palace, any tips for wasting the least amount of days?

I'm not the only one getting those annoying background noises? Is that supposed to be people talking?

God the translation is bad, it should be a nice wake-up call for some of the faggots on here calling for completely literal translations though… if any of you fags actually knew Japanese you'd know that a 1:1 translation is impossible and it's better to translate off of the lines meaning and not the exact wording.

You can tell this was rushed, and that they only got the script in September. No wonder it's so fucked.

Going to Madarame's palace right now, been playing all day since I woke up, this is definitely the edgy weeb simulator I was expecting, I hope shit gets darker, it has a very different feel from both P3 and P4 story-wise and I wonder if the writers will capitalize on that.

Morgana confirms himself he's a boy after you first visit Mementos.

It was also delayed again just for the new fiscal quarter when they said they were going to fix the translation

I already played the JP version on release, so I'm in no rush. Any censorship uncovered yet? Only things I could see them fucking with are the first boss and the gay gag beach scene that got whined about.

Seconding, I'm not supporting this game if commie faggots censor it.

Pyro jack is now named Jack-O-Latern

NO PEPE NO BUY

At least this can't possibly be the worst Persona localization ever.

Im playing on hard mode and I can say get something resistant to physical attacks as those damn bicorns are no joke.

You might also want to bring a persona of each element on your main too to have baton pass abuse

Forgot to mention that you might want to abuse the get money chat option if you have a similar demon already in your party. Its a fast cheap way to get money to buy gear in early game.

Is the translation shit?

$10

yep, they have it disabled so people won't spoil main plot stuff for other people. They even have "guidelines" for people streaming the game, saying not to show other dungeon bosses beyond the first one and so on. It's a huge heap of shit.

haven't met her yet. I haven't even cleared Kamoshida's Castle yet I want to make him eat concrete.

that's a fucking great example. I'd hate it if I couldn't screenshot all those great moments in Yakuza 0.

No they hired a woman to be the lead translator and put everything in google translate and then delay the game because Atlus Japan told them to wait until the next fiscal quarter to release the game.

You're fucking insane. Atlus Japan didn't even hand over the script for them to translate until after the Japanese release, and less than 6 months is simply not enough time to translate a game of P5's size. Nobody could handle that shit.

Hell, you even have to account for the fact that the game was basically "finished" being translated in February. The only reason for the delay was the fiscal year shit - the only thing you're right about. 4 to translate Persona 5? Of course it's gonna read pretty stilted in places. It really could've used more time in the oven.

The sad part is that Atlus Japan admitted that it took 4 months to translate the game then another 2 months to put the text in the game because of the size of the game for the chink release

at least we have jap voices now

I actually hadn't heard that pronunciation yet since I've only been using the jap voices. Ow.

Ultimate trolling or trying to justify becoming a Nip only series?

Trying to justify becoming a nip only series, they tasted chink money and now they want more and chink weebs will pay for anything. They even paid Magneto to recite UBW

well props to shadman. That may be one of the best things to come from that gay game.

Weird spam.

some of the most irritating gameplay I've ever experienced
nip speech would solve the first, but the second stands

ONE JOB

GET SMOKED
E
T

S
M
O
K
E
Does anyone have confirmation that the game is (((localized)))

Wait just a goddamned minute. I'm calling it RIGHT NOW. This is AtlusUSA's way of getting back at people who hate shitty localization and told them to not fuck it up. They made it shit on purpose OUT OF PURE SPITE. THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND THEY'RE GONNA GO "BUH-BUH-BLAME THE BIG BAD GABENGOOBERS FOR VICTIMIZING US INTO MAKING THE WRITING AWKWARD"
FUCK YOU (((ATLUSUSA))) I FUCKING HATE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH, NEVER TRUST WESTERN DEVS WITH JAPANESE GAMES, GOD FUCKING DAMMIT IF THIS POST ENDS IN A NUMBER I WILL FUCKING OBLITERATE THOSE COCKSUCKERS

mines in the mail still
at least Ive already downloaded the japanese voice pack so thats good

This translation is going to be really pozzed with sjw bullshittery isnt it?

Wait, the Ryuji awakening one is real? No way, that shit's been being posted for months.

IT'S TIME

HE WAS RIGHT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN, AND NOW WE MUST GRIN AND BEAR IT

Holy shit that's going to be distracting
If I play with the Japanese voices, will I miss anything? Like is there banter that doesn't have text boxes or something?

apparently futaba mentions kek in her rank 4 social link

I hope they all die painfully in a fire for not including it on the disk. I cannot comprehend why they did not include it on disk because the game disk has 17gb and the nip dub is 3gb. Would even leave a reserve 5gb space on disk. I hope the faggot who is responsible for this shit rotts in hell until the end of time.

(need to elaborate)
I sure as fuck will not throw 12 hours of playtime into the bin and start again for nipponese voices.
If anyone knows how to switch into Japanese dub other than selecting it at the title screen please post it here.
I believe once you set the voices there is no way to change them later in the game.

God I hate them so much. Why do they do this to me.

they literally do the Dreamworks face during battle and I have to say if this and SMT4A is the direction this series is going in terms of presentation then I'm out. can't wait for the new Devil Summoner game featuring a guy in alternate universe steampunk Japan wearing a clockwork tophat.

when you go to load your game, with the save file selected, hit the triangle button. you'll notice a tool-tip at the bottom of the screen that tells you how to do this. also, the selected language will appear to the right of the save file info.

so is anyone gunna talk about the combat and how they pretty much perfected everything with it? or just shitposting about voiceacting and terrible text?

It was totally real i kid you not. It almost feels like a parody or something and atlus is purposely fucking with us

I dont know friend how about you start that discussion by creating a well thought out and detailed post instead of bitching?

Oh wait that requires work

Okay so how a bout that demon catching instead of the wasteless random card roundup bullshit from 3 and 4? and having to negotiate, thats pretty fucking cool. How about that hardest difficulty, 12 hours in and farming didnt get my anywhere on the 1st palace boss without having to actually come up with a strategy.

woops.

Just how long does it fucking take to increase social stats? I just unlocked mementos and i haven't had a single stat increase even with sporadic studying and getting all my class answers right. Is my save fucked? do i have to restart?
pls respond.

read books go to the library and check out a book to boost stats. Make lock picks at night, do part time jobs. Go to the juice stand on weekends in the train station to get free boost.

It already came out? Fuck me, caught me by surprise. Might be the only game I'd consider buying PS4 for.

We talked all about it when the game released last year. Yes, it's fantastic. I wish hard were a bit more difficult though.

Don't these numbnuts run auditions before signing the VAs in?

Yeah, I have the same problem with the audio as well. It sounds so muffled in places, and it sucks that the news audio isn't subtitled.

same. amazon took the pre order that had the plushie and all the fancy shit at the same price as the normal version, so im waiting on that for arive. i think i did standard shipping because i knew i'd still be playing nier.

trying to get all the trophies… working on upgrading all the pods. fucking cant find anymore elaborate gadgets anywhere.

no need, the ps3 and ps4 versions are identical. I'm serious, the only difference is slightly lower res shadows.

the textures and models and framerate are all the same.

Igor says that the room reflects your inner heart.

This is undeniable evidence that our boy is a true lolicon.

Now hurry up and summon thou Loli of these sexy twin little slutty lolis

no

Damn that was a nice special edition for $71, didn't even have to pay for shipping either it seems. What a nice thing to come home to after a vacation. This has been a good week. Hope you other anons are enjoying the game.

I think the wazzup persona shit is the least of the translation problems if you ask me.

your explanation is actually way less stupid than the one given in game.

Wew. That was close.

One thing Gamespot's Seipke got mixed up about Persona's developers is when he called Kaneko a "co-founder of Atlus". That was actually Okada. That said, Kaneko was hired early in, so I suppose it's a fairly easy mistake to make.

Other than that, not too bad. Never thought I'd see Gamespot, of all people, helping shed some light on the original project leaders who deserve it.

Gamespot, like any company, has both knowledgeable folks and fucking retarded folks. I've talked with some of the folks that work over there privately, and I'm not surprised that they managed a good job on that. I'm pretty sure I know who spearheaded that without even watching it actually.

I wonder if they take freelance writers like IGN does? Maybe I should try getting a job there one of these days.

I want to buy it but I literally can't find a store that knows the PS3 version even exists

Can't you get a digital copy?

The attendants are never implied to be manifestations of the person in the room. They all imply that they've been around way longer than the MC they hang with.

Her delivery is fine. Just watch the scene where her friend jumps off a roof. Her pronunciation is wrong, and that's entirely on the director.

Apparently Atlus JAPAN requested that pronunciation. Which is just, why?

Can someone who plays the game tell me what the spoilers are that Atlus is suing people for streaming so I can ruin it for as many people as I can?

Jesus Christ.

Igor is actually Yadbaoth in disguise, but the real one shows up anyway and does what he always did so really it doesn't make a difference.

It costs literally 4$ here. I guess i can make an exception to the rule.

SHIDOU DID NOTHING beyond what he deemed necessary to accomplish his fairly reasonable goals.

This is a level of detail I did not expect.

You have no idea.

I hope idiots don't blame the VAs for this. This was on NuAtlus. Whowever was directing her should have pointed out how to pronounce it instead of just giving her a thumbs-up and moving on.

Thank fuck for dual audio.

Why aren't journos and sjw sperging out over no female MC because story mad about horizon zero dawn having no male mc option?

Is the Japanese audio glitching for anyone else? The music sometimes gets fucked and some talking scenes are just cartoonish punching noises and the protagonist calling out random persona names.
The last boss scene with King Kamoshida was just him burping..

uninstall then reinstall

That's a fucking awful feel. There's an icon I unlocked that I fucking love and I can't save a pic of it

Thanks! Seems to be working working for now.

I'm not up to that point where you beat the shit out of that jerk, but damn that sucks, and sounds sorta funny.

You're not the first person I've heard of having this issue. Apparently it's potentially caused by downloading the JP voice pack as you play. Sounds pretty funny for something that can be fixed with a reinstall anyway though.

SAH
KAH
MOE
TOE

not fucking sahk'mutoe that shit's fucking alien pronounciation.

Fucking singapore VOs do better then this goddamn

Do bear in mind that, even nowadays, there's a rather common idea in Japan that westerners (not just Americans, ANY westerner) are actually incapable of speaking Japanese correctly.

It's completely plausible that someone from Atlus Japan tried to get the VA to pronounce it correctly once or twice, and then after that just said to himself, "Stupid American bitch is never going to be able to pronounce it correctly," and told the actress that her latest butchery was fine.

Igor's a gnostic devil in disguise and the real igor is imprisoned.
The two girls who run the velvet room were originally one being that devil-went-down-to-georgia split in two to fragment her memory and make her subservient. She looks like a younger Margaret.

The dude that got your character on probation is the bald guy Shido, and you beat his ass.

Akechi is the traitor, and he kinda sorta doesn't die cause his body was never found.

Sae's (the interrogator) shadow is one of the palace bosses

The persona 3 protagonist is revived and you fight him.

And that's about it.

Are you a cat named Sakamoto? Do you want to lick my paws?

Can't upload the image for some odd reason saying it's "too big" despite only being at 3.7MB picture. Enjoy the stupid, fellas.

i.redd.it/o1seb4ra1upy.jpg

I have some questions.
Does this game have those retardedly broken skillcards in?
How is the the time limit is it still just month to do thing.
How good are the dungeons?
When can I fug the ara

DSP went into a rant about the ATLAS threat to content creators for streaming/uploading gameplay videos past 7/7 by calling the Japanese xenophobic for this decision.

No dignity!

Pretty sure the terms apply to japs too so xenophobia doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Well, theyre actually dungeons instead of whatever the fuck you call persona 3 and 4's dungeon(s). Actual puzzles, stealth, fixed rooms, the works. The first dungeon feels a bit too linear though.

On one hand it really is an incredibly stupid decision by Atlus and I'm amazed they're even acting like this at all, though I personally couldn't give less of a shit about watching streamers. On the other hand the last thing I'd want is for DSP to act buddy-buddy with the series and its fans after how he decided to end his fan-funded playthrough of 3.

Skillcards exist and can be cloned after starting a certain social link. Usually 3 weeks to a month is the deadline if I remember correctly, you get more than enough time to work with no matter what difficulty you're on. Dungeons are all fantastic. One of my biggest fears before we finally saw some gameplay trailers was that it would be more of the same lazy randomly generated dungeons from 3 and 4, absolutely wasn't the case. Puzzles are decent for an RPG and the music is all top tier.

I say DSP's right for the wrong reasons, sort of like how he was with Tim Schafer and NMS. Xenophobia, though? Christ. Here I was thinking we were living in the DSP redemption arc, given his playing Jackbox on stream with John Rambo and some of the other guys he used to sperg out over.

Why is Rusty Venture in this game? I like it but it's uncanny.

I'm having nostalgia for the Japan release threads. Thanks.

Once he puts on the fedora they stop hiding it. They should have gotten his real voice actor.

I guess I'll watch a walkthrough or something.

Ok so game is now in english. Time to know the truth; is the story as good as both PE 2 and the characters are just as likeable and complex as in them as well, or they managed to fuck everything up as they did with 4; clearly those games were aimed towards typical weaboo fans who love having to choose a waifu for them to fantasy with in their games. I still remember when I played 3 and thought it sucked in those two things, but then I thought 4 wouldn't be that bad…haha how I was mistaken.

PS3 as well.

Don't have that either.

How pozzed is the translation?

The villain's name is Trump von Hitler-Putin.

ROFL xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Atlus is killing all the streams and walk through videos

Its the same shit as 4 but with stealth mechanics and more minigames.

Don't buy it if you don't like waifus, 75% of the cast is made of attractive women that are constantly shoved in your face.

KEK

No, really, how bad is it? I don't mind some stiffness due to trying to be too literal, but what about memes and political nonsense? Did they add any of that crap and if so how much?

Huh? Wasn't it already the most successful fatlus ever before it even came out in the West?

suckcameltoe

Yes

Man, looking at a few reviews of this is getting me hype for this game. I liked persona 3 and 4, but for some reason I dropped both of them about 60% of the way in.

that's because it takes like 3/4 of the game's worth of filler before either of those games really begin.

Alright…
As long as the Localization isn't full of leftist political jargon, I'm gonna get the game.
I liked P3 and P4 well enough.

So far cast lineup is a step up from P4 So far, Ann, Shuji, and Morgan are alright, while Makoto seems to be the type that you'll either hate or like, but story-wise it's at the same level as said game from what I've read before, the twist and main villian in the game is bullshit.

Unfortunately, the waifus are still in the game, but you can only pick one high quality girl out of many or you'll get your shit fucked on V-Day if you choose all.

Anyone else here playing on merciless? I'm like level 6 and really struggling against the Archangel boss fight. I barely beat him once and then I got ambushed immediately after the fight and got wiped out. Do I just have to push through and get over a hump or should I put it down to hard?

Hard is doable on a first playthrough. Everything else you're probably better off saving for new game+.

Alright I'll turn it down then.

I refuse to believe this is in the game. I mean this fucking shit can't actually have been put in there after they delayed the game to fix the god damn translation right?

Wasn't that just a rumor? The "wassup persona" shit is still in there, after all.

No they never fixed anything the game already went gold and reviewers got the game on February. They only delayed it for the next fiscal quarter.

Fucking shit, I can't even watch the goddamn thing?

You probably can but Atlus is going to strike them down eventually.

I think if there was something really bad we would have seen it by now considering how many mom and pop shops seem to have broken street date by 1 or even 2 weeks. It just seems like it's rushed but they did their best not to fuck with too many things. If there is anything I'm sure censored gaming will be all over it by the end of the week. I am curious to see how they handled the beach scene and lategame Shidou though.

I am now at Kaneshiros castle and the game is fun never played a SMT nor Persona game so far and the demon fusionning is very interesting. I hope to find a graphical guide somewhere online where you can see all the demons you can get.

however the plot and characters are ridiculous as to be expected from a weeaboo game. Apparently nobody of the main cast has real parents (a normal home with parents) and the plot with stopping le ebin adults by stealing their hearts is very cheesy. And this time schedule is annoying the fuck out of me. You are not free to do as you want but constantly limited in your actions (sometimes even at evening you cannot watch a dvd but morgana bullies you into sleeping). Japs are confirmed for rulecucks

tldr: nice game mechanics but lame plot

Well, no wonder you hate the plot. Things started getting really cheesy for me in 4.

As a non-native speaker of English, this one baffled me. NEVER heard that one before. Sorry for awful quality but Atlus doesn't allow screenshotting.

Does the localization ever delve into gamergate or Trump instructional wrongthink territory or is it just goofy/lazy effort?

Btdubs? It's a retarded vocalization of "btw" which is "by the way"

in this case, "dubs" is a cheeky way to say "W" phonetically.

I need more art of Takamaki right fucking now. Holy shit she makes me rock hard when I'm in palaces.

Did you miss the invasion of the whacky Robot Nazis?

Given how little art there is of the game, especially compared to 3 or 4, you'll either have to pony up for a commission or draw it yourself it seems like.

Yeah what the fuck? I would have expected more art, especially since the game's been out in Japan longer.

There seems to be a decent amount.
pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag&word=高巻杏

Same, but I started with 3 on the PSP and enjoyed it as a novelty. That novelty quickly wore off about three chapters into Persona 4. Can't say I'm able to drum up much beyond a passing interest in 5. Certainly not enough to plop down 60 bones on it. Maybe used for $20, or again, get a portable version a few years down the line with expanded content.

Arena/Ultimax were alright though. Gives the same atmosphere, music, and characters - without so much of the Persona gameplay bullshit. Not the greatest fighting games, by any stretch, but fun enough. Labyrs is worth it, as is Marie fags being BTFO by having their waifu as paid DLC.

When did Pixiv fall so far?

Pixiv is Japanese deviantart. It's had shitty stuff mixed in with the good stuff for as long as I can remember.

I am currently playing this on hard mode bit are there any perks for playing it on this difficulty? Like an achievement or some cool in game items.

i hope we haven't reached a new age where we just get good for nothing. That would bring some sick despair yo' just like mama junko would want it

So yeah curious is all.

No. It's just there if you want more of a challenge.

I'm kinda disappointed now. Well thanks for clearing things up for me.

I don't believe you.

Hey, that's fun.

Hey, not saying I hated P4, just that it was super cheesy compared to when I started with 3 and looking back with how it better fits the series' tone than 4.

Mishima: Do you like computers?
Futaba: Mm, I'm always online.
Mishima: Me too!
Mishima: What sites do you use? I usually keep to forums myself…
Mishima: Or are you into streaming? I'd gladly subscribe to your channel.
Mishima: W-W-Wait, do you by any chance run one of those…racy channels?
Mishima: You'd need to be super courageous to do that, though it certainly wouldn't be unwelcome…Kek.
Futaba: Whoa, that's the first time I've heard anyone actually say that out loud…Kek!
Mishima: H-Huh? That's all you took from that conversation…?
Futaba: Ah! I've got it!
Futaba: This overwhelmingly forgettable appearance, generic speech style, and total lack of sex appeal…
Futaba: Nishima, are you an NPC!?
Protagonist:

Thoughts, Holla Forums?

shit futaba is savage

She's still shit.

so is the teacher pure? because people have been saying she is a sex worker

She's a sex worker without the sex.

If I'm not mistaken, the original script mentions she works in "health delivery" which is a well known euphemism for prostitution.
Little I saw from the localized script seems to have obfuscated that entirely and she just moonlights as a maid.

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT BEST GIRL

whats that image mean? is she discussing prices with him or something?

she ugly

SHE CUTE
CUUUUUUUUTE
also when you think about it, qt NEET girls are about as close as we can get to a traditional housewife in this age

Dunno but wouldn't surprise me if it's something like that. He probably put a bunch on his tab and now she's collecting.

Toobs made me forget how much I wanted to glaze the cake.

Don't bully the autist, Yusuke.

She says it's a memo she found while cleaning.

Not sure what the numbers mean, but it says:
and some other stuff that is covered by her hand

That title belongs to the English teacher or Makoto

Exactly how many Atlus employees were bad-touched by priests?

Kang Kamosida dindu nuffin.

Fuck you Leatherman.

is it god or a god cause im pretty sure it isnt god

Isn't that kind of a given with this series?

It's pretty much God under a different name.

I expect it from SMT so I'm not surprised it's bled over into Persona but it's still boring.

is it that universe's god like how you fight god in digital devil saga but its only that universe's god?

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Demiurge

Yeah right. Futaba smells like shit and is ugly.

Not that guy, but I'd take a flaw that can be solved by bathing over makoto being boring and completely retarded in nearly every social situation.

Teacher is ok, but plague doctor is better

1. You will never defeat YWVH. The closest we'll ever get is beating up on the Demithurge.

2. We should be more upset that Philemon nor Nyarlathotep are nowhere to be found again. Despite this being one of the best times to introduce them to new comers to the series

Now that is spicy. Mind if I save it?

The Temperance confidant is filling my heart with intemperant feelings. I want to drain my funds and my balls into her greedy ass.

You will regret calling her greedy later on in her link.

Anyone have any idea how to fuse a matador with Magaru?

That's the best part of her character.

I used a Nekomata (Magician).

Money is time user.

I'm really digging it. Forgot that I pre-ordered it. I've never played a jrpg whose combat system was so fluid. When things go good for you shit gets quick and when it goes the other way you can get wrecked in almost comic ways. It kinda reminds me of Nocturne's press turn.

I've never played Persona before but how dissimilar is 5? Are the social bits the same while combat is simpler or more akin to older SMT titles? I'm guessing they're not as flashy and over the top.

One day in the metaverse produces several times more money than she costs. The actual time spent with her is a bigger investment than the money.

I can't resist when she calls me Master.

I'm really digging it. Forgot that I pre-ordered it. I've never played a jrpg whose combat system was so fluid. When things go good for you shit gets quick and when it goes the other way you can get wrecked in almost comic ways. It kinda reminds me of Nocturne's press turn.

I've never played Persona before but how dissimilar is 5? Are the social bits the same while combat is simpler or more akin to older SMT titles? I'm guessing they're not as flashy and over the top.

In P3, a knocked down character has to waste a turn getting back up, and hitting them with an attack causes them to get back up automatically. Ma- skills don't give you an extra turn. You can't pass the baton. Battle commands are on a rotating list instead of on buttons. All of which made the combat a lot slower than it is in P5.

The social links in P3 are extremely simple compared to 4 or 5. There's barely any interaction with them.

5 is pretty similar to 3 and 4.

That did it, thanks a lot man

Not really. It's way more fast paced.

Yeah, I kinda don't get why getting knocked down doesn't eat up a turn for either you or an enemy. I was about 2/3rds through kamoshida's castle before I got into a fight that wasn't an ambush and realized how the turn system actually works.

And also pretty stale.

She's the cutest one out there. Everyone else is stinky or a slut or a dyke.

Waiting around for enemies to waste their turns getting back up was usually a good idea in P3. I understand why they'd get rid of that if they wanted to speed things up.

It fits the thieves theme better this way, too.

Hifumi is best girl

i don't understand, was a meant to beat the full first dungeon in one night ?

i made it to the first mini boss but the full teams SP is gone. when i look at the online stats 90% of the people went to the dungeon the first night they could but didn't the second night.

Have you never played a Persona game before? You can stop at a certain point then take a break.

yes i played 3 for about 80 hours in 3 bosses would show up at X date. they would tell you to "gear up for the boss" by going through the tower. then you would wait for that date to happen

i was also confused about jumping up on things. i back tracked the first time you had to jump up on the book self to get across the room because they didn't explain it well the cat says "there must another way across. which i took as " there is a vent in another room" so i ended up fighting everything in the first area twice before fighting the mini boss.

bookshelf*

Oh well in 4 you had a time limit to complete a dungeon like 3 but instead of waiting you just finish the dungeon before the due date.

But yeah I get where you're coming from with the platforming shit. It can throw you off.

She's alright.
Maybe the expansion will let us plow the real best girl. Better equip the rubber if you're gonna do anything with her Shadow form though.

Creating rivers in my sides. kek

so whats her shadow form represent? that she actually is a huge slut?

You need to get your eyes checked.

The demon possessing her (Leviathan) is associated with the deadly sin of envy.
According to the Wikia:
It is later revealed that deep inside, Sae is actually envious and jealous of her sister and colleagues. This Envy, combined with her growing disillusionment with her profession as a concept due to being regularly strung along by political corruption, manifests as a Palace resembling a casino and a hypercompetitive Shadow Self who desires everyone to feel as helpless as she does while stuck in an unfair and corrupt system, forcing the Phantom Thieves into rigged gambling games that are impossible to win fairly. Unlike other Shadow Selves who form Palaces, Shadow Sae is open to listening to reason-after being defeated, the Phantom Thieves convince her to let go of her jealousy without stealing Sae's Treasure, leading the real Sae to have an epiphany about how pointless her grudges and overcompensation are without fundamentally changing her personality.

she's possessed by a demon? thats cheating then cause then she isnt responseable for her actions

she's pure shit haha

This is true.

What would give you any other thoughts? She was a young girl when shit happens and she's been a shut in ever since. She's got the highest chance of being purer than anybody.

This game is so reddit tier fedoracore I can't take it seriously.

>fighting Okumura
>his final summon charges up to do their Big Bang Combo attack

Pffft, I get it. On a side note, that entire fight just reminded me of fucking Toontown Online. I'm sure I'm not the only one, right?

Just emulate it on DS, nothing in DSJ will anything above Marie tier, in fact their only trailer proved that.

No user, it's all about inner demons, or something.

So it's almost time to pick whether I want to go ahead with Kawakami or not. Her perk is too fucking useful to ignore. Still, the tv tropes page says she gives you the whole "wait until you graduate" think at the end of the game and basically dumps you. Is this true? Because if it is I'm probably gonna change targets to either Futaba or Makoto.

Either way I still want that rank 10 perk, so I gotta choose soon.

Yes, nothing of any note ever happens with the teacher. She's still one of the most useful links.

So you're saying don't take the romance?

No.

Have you beaten the whole game? Christmas, Valentines and epilogue and you can confirm she doesn't do the "let's stop this until you graduate?"

Not as far as I remember, but give me a bit and I'll check.

Alright, I can confirm it's not true. She's all lovey-dovey on Valentine's, and says nothing about breaking up on the last day either.

Got it, thanks. Damn, this is going to be a hard choice.

Why don't you just date them all?

I don't want to feel like a piece of shit at the end…

Well then pick Kawakami, since she is obviously the best girl.

That jew-y fortune teller is trying to break my bank asking for 100k just to form a confidant rank. Is it worth it to get her? I feel more like focusing on combat-focused confidants like the shogi player and the politician

It's worth it to get all of them for the extra fusion exp.

Plus she has a useful ability that raises your relationship with someone without spending any time, in case you aren't quite ready to rank up and you don't want to waste a day hanging out with them.

Rank 7 Fortune lets you do relationship fortunes that don't take time to do. Basically you can kiss "you don't think your relationship will advance yet" goodbye.

Well shit that sounds pretty damn sweet. Time to hit up some dungeons then to get some money

I think she gives you back the 100k eventually anyway, though by that time you might be rolling in money.

What do you think Sword is?

I can go on, man. She seriously is Best Girl without a doubt.

The only frustrating thing is that, due to your connection with her via school, you have to keep your relationship a secret, so you can't freely date her in the open like the other girls. No date spots, no movie-going, etc.

She's still beyond worth it. Every new girl added to the cast just doesn't compare.
Plague Cake is pretty great too, though.

I liked Adachi more than what we got in this game.

does anyone know about the party in a can item? why cant it be used in battle? its useless!

Seems to me that they're trying to appeal to anons with the translation and doing it in a hamfisted manner. At least they know their audience and not throwing in SJW shit, its a marginal step up I suppose, still pretty annoying.

God, i fucking hate that student council president

What's wrong with Makoto?