Ross's Game Dungeon: Maabus

Ross new video, folks! This time about the obscure and shit game of Maabus. I remenbered playing this game in my childhood, but until now, I could remenber its name. Thank good for Ross for helping remenber this game (And how crap it was).

Your thoughts on the video/game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i633LLohUOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go shill your channel somewhere else.

Go back to Burchchan, or to Holla Forums, please.

Yeah thats nice and all, but.
He's doing it! Absolute mad man! He's actually doing it! We all joked it would come out before half life 3.

I am still not sure if that wasn't a one off April fools joke. It would explain his complaints about exhaustion over the last few months, though.

Go be autistic somewhere else.

Reported

Well, thanks for the heads up, I needed something to do at work anyway.

Why saying 4Chan changes to this? Have I missed something?

Honestly I think this episode was a bit weaker. Mostly because of how the game itself has very little to actually talk about.

Then again Ross seems to be the king of finding really weird things to talk about with games. Like how he started coming up with a conspiracy theory that the band who did the music for Polaris Snowcross were time travellers.

I think the Freeman's mind episode is great though.

In his monthly livestream after finishing the series he said he was never opposed to making a Freeman's mind 2 in Half-Life 2. (I'd imagine it'd be even easier than HL1 since he was doing it in HL1:S. Whereas he did machinima for Half-Life 2). It's more so he wanted to work on the fantasy movie he had been putting off creating due to wanting to finish Freeman's Mind.

Since it's been 2 years I'd imagine the fantasy movie is taking shape a lot more and he's in a more comfortable position to consider continuing Freeman's Mind in Half-Life 2.

He also put a lot of needless work into each episode. Although I appreciate the episode, recording at 1/4 speed just for a fake motion blur seemed like overkill.

What kind of movie is he creating?

I don't know but he was very adamant about making it.

Some kind of fantasy movie. He said it was going to be comedic and stuff. He's been very vague about it and said he'd go into more detail when it's close to finished. He was extremely adamant about finishing it though.

There's a bunch of other little things Ross does not because he needs to but because he wants to.

Like for instance in Freeman's Mind one thing you'll notice is Freeman usually holsters his weapon when he's not using it, the hud isn't visible and he includes a blur effect when he's underwater.

If you notice a bunch of the other "mind" shows like Shephard's mind and Barney's Mind they don't spend nearly as much effort on these smaller things.

Ross really needs to do more reviews of shit that isn't freeware or terrible 90's graphic adventures.

I dont fucking get this guy

Holla Forums really does hate everything

it came

I'd imagine it's to save time and because it makes more sense that Freeman would climb up a fence rather than run around an entire section of the map. It's actually just a clever use of hotkeys to masque noclipping.

He's said he tends to focus on reviewing games he actually has something to say about. Like a lot of his better reviews like Battleforge, Wolfenstein 09 and Deus Ex he has something very specific he wants to reveal about it. Like in Battleforge he spends a lot of the review talking about how he hates that EA is killing the game. With Wolfenstein 09 he talks about how he hated the title of it and how it reflected how uninspired the game was. And with Deus Ex he talked about the politics of the game and how extremely few games actually try to talk about real world politics and things that actually matter

By comparison some of his weaker reviews come across like he is just doing a play by play. Like Maabus comes across like that.

Although Ross tends to pull a rabbit out of a hat every so often. Like his Baldies Review was 10/10.

I guess it's more accurate that way but I wish we could go back to saying cυck

I didn't really like this episode much, I feel he's starting to scream way too much

Are there others? Jerma's second channel, the one without the livestreams is alright, but his fuckng coon wife is starting to show up every fucking time

But he does it in the HL2 episode where theres a ladder right next to him.

>>>/4chan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

you're like the anons complaining about R.O.B. threads. literally no fun allowed.

bait or not you still have to go

I've only watched his Tyrian video and thought he had retarded opinions. Why should I bother with his other videos?

I can't hel but feel the extreme cringe whenever I think of a man with youtube resources making a fucking movie. It'd be as bad as the Channel Awesome shit.
I really like Ross and his channel but he really should stay within his limits otherwise it'll just be a fucking mess no one will be happy with in the end.

I'll be honest, I was kind of lost watching the video, I felt like Ross rambled a bit, but then the Aliens appeared, and it all began to make sense. I'll elaborate more later.

Glad I'm not the only one, Ross is great and all but I really feel that "the movie" won't turn out to be good.

But hey, surprises happen.

He does shit like no-clip and staggers it, I think there's a video out there showing how he does it. might be in the credits of the last Ep

Well yeah, because it's pretty obvious that Valve doesn't even want to make games anymore

Ross is the best videogame Youtuber and if you can't accept that then leave.
Also MattewMatosis is good too.

Gordon Freeman, career asshole and possible survivalist, probably doesn't have a lot of inhibitions against climbing fences, and he's honestly probably hopped a lot in his time. Ross probably figured he'd act too quickly on the obvious solution, climbing the fence, to notice the perfectly good ladder.

By that logic should I not be able to talk about Ulillalia?

The games Ross plays are so old and archaic that I honestly can't imagine playing them. Not that I haven't played my fair share of games from the early 90's, but moreso than old, they're archaic even for their time. They're bad old games, and where some of the best old games age like milk, bad old games age like cancer. It's almost horrifying to watch.

I know we shit on modern games being shit but I'd legitimately rather sink a dozen hours into shit like Life is Strange or No Man's Sky than something like Maabus.

At least Ross can stay away from politics instead of pandering to Holla Forums.

Ross isn't afraid to delve into politics when the situation calls for it. The Deus Ex episode is a rare circumstance, but still.

Well it fits the context of what he's discussing so it makes sense. But if you've listened to him on his podcast he essentially says flat out he doesn't care about petty shit like SJW's and PC shit and instead focuses on stuff that actually makes an impact. He essentially lays down his entire political stance in a basic summation. Skip to 1:27:00 I don't hate ROB, but buying a Switch when it has 0 good games and is known to break was retarded and he went way to heavy on politics to the point where it was just references instead of satire

I'de say there's more value in Maabus even if it's a pain to play.

I only ever knew about this game from one of those old 250+ video game CDs. A 4 minute long video in 1996-97? My little kid brain was amazed. So glad I never bought it now though.

youtube.com/watch?v=i633LLohUOc

Feels like he just shit it out just to shut the fans up
Hes just saying shit so there is no dead air

>>>/reddit/ is that way, kike.

Ross updates his "vidya shit I like and want to talk about" videos so slowly I fail to see the issue.

nobody cares about fucking politics. fuck off faggot.

simply ebin, fellow anonymous poster. i don't mind trolling, but at least be fucking good at it instead of going for this bottom of the barrel shit.

You fuck off faggot. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Politics aren't needed in video game entertainment for autists. I respect Ross because he knows this and doesn't pander his opinions for attention.

I bumped it and now Im bumping it again. Whatcha gonna do about it faggot?

Clearly you're a [4Burch user, Endchan user, 4am poster, Holla Forums user, /int*/ user, Freech user, Goon, Reddit user, Tumblr user, TRS, JIDF, Kike, CTR member, Degenerate, Shill, Leftist, Faggot, Pedo, SJW, Tranny] and should get off of Holla Forumschan.

you didn't need to bring that up. you're just flaming for the sake of flaming. That post was clearly tailored to fucking inflame more Holla Forums niggers to chimp out in this thread.

But I am a 4am poster. :^)

I brought it up because it's something we're still dealing with and it's often the first place people go to critasize somebody so I brought up why Ross is independent from all this shit. Like it or not you can't just filter or ignore political autists though. It doesn't work on reddit and it won't work here. Also Ross's Dues Ex video is notorious here so I don't know why you wouldn't expect politics.

And niggers should learn where they're not wanted. But whenever Holla Forums is at blame so is Holla Forums apparently so it's a win/win I guess. I'll sage if it makes your feelings less hurt you babby.

Ross is the only guy who can take a game as bland looking as Polaris Snocross and make a legitimately interesting video about it, and he doesn't have to resort to speaking like a retard or pulling down meme references like everyone else on youtube.

I don't recall it being talked about much. What's wrong with it?

It's mentioned in any Dues Ex or Ross thread so I'de say it's well known. I'm basically saying it's well known. Notorious was probably wasn't the best word to describe it.

nothing else gets me harder

I dunno why anyone would disagree with his Deus Ex video. It's basically pointing out that the game actually attempts to point out things about the world we live in using statistics and tries to semi accurately predict the future based on them.

Regardless of one's political stance (either conservative or liberal) the game doesn't really have a spin. Especially since it portrays Unatco and Majestic 12 as corrupted. Which is in part why I think these stances the game took aged far better than most other attempts to make political commentary in art since they tend to have a very noticeable spin.

Like he points out in the video the game is one of the few that ever tries to actually talk to you about what is actually going on in the world. Something I noticed was that a lot of Ross's fans didn't like the video because they didn't want to be "depressed" or "confronted by politics". Which I think was his point in making the video.

Wait till you see Anita Sarkeesian's videos.

I've been watching MATN's Rome:Total War series. It's been really entertaining.

also pic related

New Freeman's Mind episode is better tbh

I've played Helios in my youth, I had the same problems Ross described, but it definitely wasn't as arduous as he made it look like.

Holla Forums's board is online now, you can go back safely

Have you seen this one? There's even a part 2 that is over 1 hour long.

Enjoy

Nice try Holla Forums. I'm on to your meta game.

Watch MatthewMatosis' videos. They're amazing. I masturbate to them.

Ross, stop posting your shitty videos in Deus Ex threads. Your reviews may be better than most but they are still shit.

You're shit.

I started watchign and once blown away.

I used to play this game on my library's computer when I was 9-10 years old. It was much slower FPS than in this guy's video, so when a monster came on screen we had no fucking chance to kill it since the cursor would flick in and out of existence and would let you lock on with the weapons. So we spent probably hours altogether going to different screens just to run into a monster and getting killed, starting again.

What a trip down memroy lane, albeit a frustrating one.

Reported for leftist faggot.

Reported for leftist faggot

I watch his vids, but why do we need a thread? What is there really to talk about?