Is there any hope for a proper Stalker sequel?

Is there any hope for a proper Stalker sequel?
I'm not up to date on what's happened to the IP rights.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all
discord.me/mage
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11906642
archive.is/N3sRO
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, and no.

inb4 that one tarkov shill

I'm sure a team of cunty women and racist minorities are working on it right now.

Sure

Bro. we got three games and a modding community that is still pumping out content after a decade. Sometimes you need to know when enough is enough.

Not from GSC

There's Survivarium. Which is some multiplayer game made by ex stalker devs that's somewhat based on it.

Most of the devs on the original trilogy left GSC and went to work for the dev of Metro 2033 and other developers.

The IP rights will probably be sold off to some other company once GSC finally goes bankrupt. I don't see them making a sequel.

I think the Metro devs wanted to make an open world game, but I doubt that'd be any good. There's Tarkov too, but same deal with that.

The game wasn't perfect and once you've experienced most of its content, you're not going to get surprised again. I love the game to death, but I just can't get back into it like I used to.
Plus, the sequels didn't build ontop of SoC as much as they could've, they kinda just readded cut content.

I wouldn`t count on it

Literally no hope at all.

Wow, how surprising.

I mean some games can do fine even if you've seen all the content, but I feel like STALKER becomes kinda predictable after a while. Some bigger additions or changes (along the line of Call of Chernobyl) would help it a lot.

never ever

What imageboard is that cap from?.

KC

The vanilla games are 6/10 at best (7.5 on the IGN scale). Without mods, the series wouldn't even be worth pirating. I don't know why you'd have any hope that a slightly above average series propped up by an autistic modding community would ever get picked up by a decent studio for a new entry that you'd actually want to play.

So why aren't you modding CoC right now, nigger? Be the change you want to see.

I have no experience in 3D, modding or STALKER's slav code. Besides, creating and enjoying something are two different things. I got my own vidya to work on.

Kill yourself nigger

No one is born with experience in any of those things. You learn, and then you create.

You have brain problems.

I rather be working on my own projects than do modding.

Also, the game is fine vanilla. I've seen you or someone else start this argument before as well. Cut that shit out.

Nigger, where in the FUCK do you think you are?

I don't care if you disagree, I'm just tired of seeing the exact same fucking autistic shit-flinging arguments every thread. Sage for offtopic.

What are the necessary mods/fixes for CoP to have a nice "vanilla" play through?

Then how about not flinging shit like a fucking autist in every thread when you encounter an opinion you don't agree with for a change?

Depends, what exactly don't you like about about vanilla CoP, and what do you want improved specifically?

CoP runs fine vanilla, as long as you patch it. There might be a community fix of some sort, but I didn't have trouble playing the game without it.

I said I've SEEN it happen, not participated. All I'm saying is it keeps happening because someone autistic faggot(s) can't shut their mouth, and I'm kinda tired of it.

I'm running one installed with the most recent gog installer. When I did a test launch I felt like the FoV was super small.

Yeah, I was going to say that something to increase the FOV, if you can't change it through the console or something. Otherwise CoP is fine for a first run as it is.

KIll yourself, liking polished games is the mark of the disgusting normalfag casual
jank is the meat of the game, go play your fucking weeb virgin simulators that are super polished and lifeless

ACHSHULLY

The Bethesda owning it rumor was debunked and GSC Gameworld STILL owns the rights to STALKER. As for a sequel who knows

Get the following:
With that, you'll have your 'Vanilla+' run that doesn't look like shit.

If you don't have a "new" PC, i.e. a 970 or better, go easy on the AN grass settings as they exponentially increase system reqs

Thanks for the spoonfeed user. needed it badly

Metro 2035 (or whatever it will be called) will be open world. That's the closest you'll get.

It's quite ironic to call "Metro" series open-world

Who cares, if it gives me STALKER vibes I'll fucking play it.

Metro does have a surface area user, and the games made it more traveler-friendly. The open world of Moscow awaits.

Stalker games are for dorks.

>and the games made it more traveler-friendly
Raped the lore*

Back in 2015 or so Григорович said that he thought that their studio was incapable of making a good sequel so he just trashed it. Basically, Half-Life 3 syndrome. He later said something like: "If I'll ever see someone making a good game that is related to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I will gladly give them rights to develop the sequel." or some shit like that.
And don't you fucking [citation needed] on me. I'm not going to scroll through tons of articles to find that particular interview.

Confirmed for only playing Complete/Misery
Kill yourself nigger

But Misery looks and plays like shit, famalam.

Vanilla isn't Misery
Sorry lad

Who said it was?

make one yourself

CoC is close enough.
Any good gun mods for it yet?

Soon™

bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all

They will be bad.

discord.me/mage

Never Ever

I remember this back on Krautchan. I just can't stomach it, really. I don't know what to think now that it's actually, really dead.

Fuck man, there's Metro, but GSC created something that influenced me in ways other games simply can't.

Not really, they made night time a hell of a lot lighter. I played it just yesterday and they still counted dawnbreak as night so it was super light, but still said the sunlight would fuck them up.

It's unfortunate, making the game more lighting-consistent with the book would've been cooler but harder on the eyes and thus more niche and I guess they have sales quotas to meet. Hopefully the third one is moddable, so people can fix the lighting.

They raped the lore.

I won't worry, I will soon be in the Zone, fellow stalkers. For me, this will never end. Actually moving over there in a few weeks to Ukraine.
I don't even know what to expect.

Why?

The buying power of the Dollar/Euro is surprisingly powerful and the cost of living is low. I've got someone I talk to that's over there.

Have you not played the game? Because you don't go out during the time the sun is up. The closest Artyom gets in the books is peaking sunlight over the horizon, and that's as far as it gets in the game (although it's brighter that it would be in real life, but as they enter the Library it is mentioned as being just before the sun rises.)

Video game pacing is different to book pacing, you shouldn't expect them to follow the book beat for beat. They wanted to focus more on the mission that Artyom was going under, and the Great Worm Cult detracts from that. I mean ask yourself, what would the Great Worm Cult have added to the game other that slow the pacing down for a major exposition dump? If not that then what, no fun going around one shoting half naked dudes with no guns?

Same could be said of any shooter protagonist. Even in S.T.A.L.K.E.R you get to that point.

For the same reason S.T.A.L.K.E.R isn't much like Roadside Picnic. They wanted to make a video game, not a walking simulator. If you're that triggered by it and want to scream rape all the time then don't play video game adaptions of books.

Hey sZone dev please leave no one cares.

Good luck, fam.

Have you? You fucking run around on the surface in daylight with Bourban.
No.
At the end-game with a clear path of progression. In Metro Artyom instantly goes from scared, green rookie to ninja-knifing, god-tier Ranger the second he steps out of VDNKh which is in complete contradiction of both the source material, and the fucking game itself.
Oh fuck off with that condescending shit you stupid apologetic cunt. Stop making excuses for shit design, wasting the incredible lore and world built in the book and turning the game into a bland corridor shooter.

Houses are cheap, rapefugees hate the colder parts, and my family kinda needs me back there. I've never been there, however.

I've heard that, but they don't seem to mind Stockholm, so I don't know how true that is.

Does it at least have good self defense laws, allowing you to arm yourself and not get legally bent over and fucked if you need to give Mohammad a few new holes?

seems Ukrainians are more busy with the Crimea fallout and the Donetsk shit right now, Saheeds arent many over there because Ukrainian gov't never bent as hard SwedeBurchs did.

I got Shadow of Chernobyl off a Steam sale years ago. I played it for two hours and then gave up from sheer boredom. It happens to me in any similarly structured "open world" game. Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3. I gave them all an honest try but just couldn't stand them for very long. EYE Divine Cybermancy too, if that counts. Once I hit the boredom stage I just shoot random people in town and then uninstall after getting killed.

I like modding games, but I like them to be good games that get good mods, not bad games that are "fixed" by mods. Is there actually a mod for STALKER that would make it worth trying again?

No.

They clearly say it's not sunlight, both with Bourbon and with the trip to the Library. Like I've said for the third fucking time, they lightened it up sure but it's still night time.

Yeah. Seriously? You think most shooters have ultra-fragile protagonists? I'm inclined to call you a shitposter for that and that alone.

And progression is Metro is handled with weapons strength and enemy types/amounts, not armour.

He's never shown as being scared in the game. In the game they make a point of saying that the Nostralis have been attacking the station more and more so he's likely fought them before, if he was a guard like he is in the book.

That depends on player skill and you know it does.

Again, they're making a shooter, not a walking simulator.

Nope.

Hit a nerve did I? Whatever. Scream and whine that you didn't get your Walking Simulator made by some collegiate commies to yourself, I don't care how triggered you are.

What a handsome devil. Didn't he died recently? Also, what's his name / where can I see some of his greatest hits?

That's not what I asked. I like the idea of an open world game but the execution always seems so awful to me.

He was known as Givi, everyone says he was a double even triple agent, but who the fuck knows.

It sounds like you just prefer highly restrained/rigid games. You should give the Metro series a try. It's similar to STALKER in theme, but is a completely linear A to B game.

Clear broad daylight with godrays.
You're shifting the goalposts you intellectually dishonest cunt. First you said all shooters. Now you're trying to revise that to most shooters. Fuck off, nigger. You argue like a fucking kike.
Insta-kill throwing knives.
Go listen to the level intros again.
Insta-kill throwing knives.
You're setting up a false dichotomy where the only options are Cowadooty or Dear Esther. You aren't fooling anyone, cunt.
Yes. Go listen to the level intros again and stop lying.
How embarrassing. That's some shit-tier damage control.

Yep, already played 2033, thought it was kinda cool but wasn't super crazy about it. Good benchmarking game too. I haven't played Last Light yet though, and I'm a bit iffy on getting the "Redux" version as I heard there were some problems introduced and the normal version isn't available anymore.

The game is pretty shit outside Ranger mode which was turned into DLC for Last Light, but the primary problem with Redux is that it cuts the weapon limit from 3 to 2 in Ranger mode, but then "revamps" the melee system and throwing weapons which completely trivializes the game, and makes throwing knives (which can be picked back up and re-used) and melee stealth kills the best option in ~80% of situations, which makes your weapon choices pretty meaningless. It's still worth a single playthrough, but LL really is just more of the same.

As always, if you're unsure about buying it; don't.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/11906642

Last I heard GSC was working on a new Cossacks game and maybe they'll use the success of that to bankroll a new stalker game.

Not getting my hopes up though since the original devs have all left and for a while GSC was nothing but an office with a skeleton crew. The breakup with the original devs was really messy as well with slav-jew basically just announcing one day in the middle of developing stalker 2 that they were shutting everything.

Maybe, one day someone will actually talk him into selling the rights to make a spin-off.

I offered part of mine to move from ukraine to south america but they'd rather stay near a war zone.

Not gonna happen soon
New Cossacks were somewhat of a financial success so i really hope that they gathered enough founds for new stalker

Not gonna be the same team… But, considering what the people who made STALKER went on to make, I am not too sorry.

Good joke

Stalker budget was 1 million $ so considering cossacks was the best seller on steam for a whole week and it keeps selling even to this day i would say its not impossible.

You must be shitting me, its almost on par with poland but the salaries are like half of the polish ones

Givi, died in a assassination carried out by hohol government in his own office

Bullshit you have no idea how much does a game development effort cost, Stalker was 20/50 Mil at the very least.

And now that the industry is even more mainstream assets are likely 10 times more expensive.

But lets say that on average the game was bought for 10$ because exchange rates , buyers from different countries and discounts
That is still 1 680 770$
Thats a lot considering the fact that its 45,649,689.96 UAH (ukrainian curency) and average Ukrainian salary is 6209 UAH

In the end that's the catch. They easily have all the shekels they need but they aren't making a game because they have money for a lifetime.

You are retarded

Never underestimate human greed
Before Cossacks3 was released they said that they are working on 2 projects Cossacks and something else
So i guess that they will try to make more games

stalker doesn't actually have any information about its budget. the 1m number is from a shitty comparison image that uses complete 2009 in attempt to put down some american game I don't remember which had a high budget.

the source is Holla Forums too so I don't know how anyone could trust it.

Not a fucking argument Stalker took at the very least 10/20 Mil to develop.

According to a French vidya magazine, the 3 games cost GSC 7Mil.
No idea how much did it cost THQ though.

Yeah nah, you're a cunt.

probably around the 10m area. Probably cost THQ a lot since it was in development for so long and they just wanted to get the fucking product out.

in house tech is very expensive to develop compared to incredibly cheap/free licenses. You do know the industry changed a lot since the early 00's.

Indieshits without a publisher were barely a thing before 2010.
Go be a retarded 7th Gen newfag somewhere else

Likely, game was obviously rushed out the door and unfinished.
Shit was vaporware for years.

Okey because you are apparently too retarded to do it yourself i will do math for you

Lets say that during the creation of Stalker the studio emplyed around 50 people, with is overestimate anyway

In 2008 average ukrainian salary was around 2000 UAH with at this time meant around 500$
Lets say that emplyes got 3xAverage Ukrainian salary at the time so that gives around 1500$ per worker
50x1500$
This means that monthly it took around 75000 to pay everyone, development time for Stalker COP took around 1 year
12x75000= 900000$
Adding to the cost of renting a studio for lets say 100000$
This all equates to around 1mil$

Also how the fuck would a almost no name ukrainian company get 20 million dollars for developing a game retard?

It wasn't rushed out, it was in development for about 7 years. It was unfinished and they released it due to thq being like "what the fuck guys its taking forever here's a deadline or you're dropped." I totally understand and THQ was in the right. GSC spent a lot of time not getting their game done it seems.

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl took at the very least 6 years to make considering it was announced in 2001.
Your highly subjective data equates to at the very least 5.5 Mil besides THQ marketing.

I said rushed as in, THQ gave them a deadline after years of fucking around.
Game was buggy and glitchy as shit.

The final version of the game WAS rushed. Hence the incredibly buggy release. Do you have any idea how much content was scrapped, and how many iterations the game went through? From the sci-fi mayan setting with robots as enemies, to various alpha and beta builds (1935 being the most famous one), the assets, game mechanics and story went through a ridiculous number of changes.

If that was on steam it was probably 20€ which is quite a bit more.

Considering the game took 6 years to develop it was probably quite expensive.

And the STALKER 2 that was in development would have been nothing like what they made.

Call of Pripyat is designed more like an MMO/WoW clone, with explicit questing zones, gear checks and highly scripted 'quests', if that's more what you're looking for.

He's right to some extent though since they insisted on cutting edge and experimental features for AI while also pushing the boundaries for graphics. The same thing happened with CS and they didn't even playtest that. Playtesting was essentially some guys playing around with it for a day or two before release without even playing it through from start to finish. It was released a week or two in advance in Russia so the WW version underwent a lot of unpaid beta testing and still came out basically unplayable without a developer to guide you.

GSC were good innovators but they need someone to reign them in a bit.

That's probably the reason CoP was so standard. It didn't really bring anything new to the table aside from the large maps, which was a test for stalker 2. It was also released several months ahead in Russia, probably for testing reasons so the WW would be less buggy. Of the three it's very bug-free and only got 2 minor patches. They also had a very bad rep in the west for buggy games so it was probably to re-assure customers it would actually be playable as well.

Cossacks 3 I think you mean and it's out

A Russian squeaker. I didn't know those existed.

user, CoP was the only good one.

The library is arguably the best shit in Metro Last Light

Mechanically, sure. But the levels were pretty boring, what with anomalies being only in specific spots. And the story/atmosphere don't hold a candle to the first game. CS and CoP were both shit in that regard.

Misery is pretty good with the les miserebles balance patch.

I enjoy it, mainly because I like starting with nothing and slowly progressing to king nigger.

Hobo mode is my favorite phase.

Which is exactly what stalker is for me, to be honest. I can come back to it and still get the same enjoyment out of it, especially with mods like CoC nowadays. Sounds more like a personal problem rather than with the game.

Then play Call of Chernobyl? I'm honestly not sure what you want here. They are continuously updating it and adding new content. You can even play shit like Misery or Call of Misery, if you're feeling masochistic.

This. Hobo phases are always great in games, I wish there was a gam e where the hobo phase was the entire thing.

Is it true?
I fucking dream about it.

Holy shit, yes nigger.
I loved call of chernobyl but it presents really no challenge, other then the missions.

Misery with shitload of maps, fuck yes.

stalker was overrated to begin with

slavs are blacks born the wrong color by accident

t. salty pajeet

You haven't heard the Minecraft one yet.

That whole thread was great, namely because of the fact that for once in years we were able to talk about something shit without reddit shitting it up by trying to fit in too hard or someone who actually likes the shitpile getting assmad.

I WILL HANG YOU!

Thread? There was a whole thread consisting solely of trolling and laughing at a Russian child? I must see this.

No.
All the devs pretty much had left already and since then the Ukraine has basically decided to dig itself all the way to the level of Zimbabwe, so anyone that has two hands and some sort of technical qualification is either in the EU, the US or Russia by now.

Survarium.
Everyone make the mistake.
And they are a good example… the entire studio jumped the sinking ship and are now in Malta or Cyprus IIRC. The entire staff + families GTFO…

Tarkov is more ArmA than stalker IMHO, unless they make a spooky solo…

Neo Scavenger, I guess.

You don't realize how stupid this is.

You don't realize how stupid you are.

The devs made reference to the struggle one goes through going from a linear game like Metro 2033/Last Light and an open world game (which they refused to name) during one of their interviews ages back. They only have two games in development right now. Arktika.1, which is a linear VR game and not open world, and the untitled Metro game.

I was going to make a thread about why people like the series, but I noticed there already was a thread up.
So, why do people like this series?
I never understood it, the shooting is subpar, the stealth doesn't work too good, the gameplay has an almost circular design of doing a quest, looting, shooting dudes, selling loot, getting better gear and doing it all over again. The story isn't that good, the atmosphere is pretty great but I never found that alone as a reason to play a game. What is so great about it that makes it so good? I know people like modding, but I never thought that you could mod a game good. You cannot make Fallout 4 or Skyrim into a good game if the core is shit.

Anything on Ray of Hope?

They confirmed that its never coming out

Mods fix it.
Mods fix it.
Yes.
Opinion.
With mods, you've got some of the best gunplay in one of the most atmospheric games out there.
Sounds like a sour grapes consolefag argument to me.
Trying too hard to fit in.

If I hypothetically started making a stalker sequel on my own how much risk I'm going into?

The guy who owns it is a massive dick

Don't use your real name, make it free as in freedom, and distribute it anonymously. Watch their frustration as they realize anything they try to do to stop you is futile.

It's dead, user. And looking at the current trends in vidya, better to see it dead than spoiled.

You'd be sued and DCMA'd immediately if you made a direct sequel and tried to raise money for it and sell it.

The IP's (((owner))) will go after you. Do what says.

Why would you want a sequel? We already have 2 perfectly good games with mods to make them fucking fantastic. Even CS becomes pretty decent when modded. The world doesn't need a STALKER sequel, especially one that would probably be a gigantic pile of shit considering the current trends.

The world needs more games like STALKER.

Just imagine a game with the Escape from Tarkov/Gunslinger mod gun autism with better mechanics, writing and quest design.

Yes, quality games are always good. But that's different from a direct sequel. Bring in the new I say.

I mean, if you count the mods that are purely just bug fixes, then yeah I guess you're right.

The stalker games aren't good in vanilla? What the fuck games do you say are good then? Far Cry? Do you play shit from EA too? Go die in a fire.

Please, make it stop.

No, user. The autism thread.
It was interesting as fuck, I saved it:
archive.is/N3sRO

I'm defining mods as "user created content", so I absolutely consider ZRP/SRP 'mods', yes.

Not good, no, just barely above average without mods. I love the series, which is why I'm not willing to pretend it's not heavily flawed, but thankfully, very fixable.
I think it would be easier for me to list games that are in a similar boat (barely above average vanilla, but transition into truly top-tier once unfucked by mods). Deus Ex, Gothic, Fallout 2/New Vegas, Dark Souls, X3. With mods, I believe STALKER can be a ~9.5/10 experience.
Of course. C&C Generals, DA:O, Burnout Paradise and Dead Space are some of my favorite games that are stand-out examples of their genres.

But that definition would mean you can't consider those as mods since they aren't user created content.

Bait, or literally retarded?

What about making an actual game based off the original Roadside Picnic novel? I always preferred the idea of aliens coming to visit and leaving behind shit, rather than a nuclear power plant exploding fucking twice and fucking up everything around

When did I say that? It is a patch. Not a mod.

go back to cuckchan

Definitely retarded.

When did I say that? I'm talking about a patch. There is no content. It's just fixing the content that is already there. They did not create anything new.

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

Again, they aren't creating new things. They are fixing old things.

You should have just left it alone, instead of trying to nitpick something with a very specific definition and making yourself look like a fucking moron.

Yes but did they create new models, animations, sounds, or textures?

I'm giving you one more chance to man up and admit you were wrong before I filter you.

Filter me, faggot. They didn't create SHIT.

Totally unrelated guy. I just filtered the person who was wrong and would not admit it. We don't need people like that on this board.

Same result. Copyright doesn't expire until 75 or so years, depending on the country, until after the death of the author. Someone owns the rights, and you'd need to get the rights for a video game adaption from them.

Also, Roadside Picnic would be a walking simulator, not a video game.