Well, it's out

Well, it's out.

webm here:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OipJYWhMi3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

webm please

Thoughts?

It's almost like they're trying to make shit sound like a low dustep WUB half the time & that cheap reverb filter sounds awful.

Meh

Like nuDoom meh or actually meh?

So how shit is it?

To me at least; it doesn't look as bad as some of the shit released this year.

Cautiously optimistic.

I'd say we wait. id did listen to criticism when making D44M. They deserve a sliver of a chance.

Can't please absolutely everyone, but you can see they tried. They even removed Denuvo after a while.

Also something sad I just figured out

Is it fun or are they just milking the IP?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

I don't think so jim, i think it's more that they are running out of ideas and are trying to recapture the attention of oldfag gamers with a "HEY REMEMBER THIS OLD GAME YOU LOVE? WOULDN'T YOU LIKE IT IF WE SLAPPED A NEW COAT OF PAINT ON THOSE CLASSICS? WE GOT YOU COVERED FAM #doritos #notmypresident #pedosexual

Well, UT fags will love it, its relatively the same. Old quake players will be alienated from it like UT players were alienated from UT3.

Thing is, that UT players have their new UT4. And this looks like a toy thing for overwatch players who want to pretend on being cool by learning how to play quake.
Is bunny hopping now a mechanic and not a practice, by the way? I remember in quake live it was automatic.

Some games like Reflex Arena meet in the middle of autohop and manual hop by including jump buffering, meaning if you hold down the jump key mid air it jumps when you land, but if you keep holding it down it won't jump on your next landing meaning you constantly have to hold, release, hold release.

Unreal Tournament 2014 seems good although there's practically no community around it.

Why is this receiving so much attention when UT14 is free?

IF they would simply do that , I'd have no problem with it.
But they only look at the games and try to make the new ones just look like that, with gameplay from current year +2, and that is the main problem.
The new Quake is simply Overwatch that looks like Quake.

Because Goythesda

they're bringing them back because there's literally no downside for them. either it does well and they get a new series to milk or it fails and there's no skin off their bones because they didn't actually make it and it adds one more corpse to the pile of potential competition.

Because realistically speaking, almost nobody wants arena shooters anymore. Unless it has some damn good marketing behind it, it's not coming back.

Have invites went out for the beta then and I got shafted?

If you can disable screen jam and the character chatter I'd probably be willing to try this. Shame that the bunnyhopping looks like shitty hold-jump instead of requiring proper mouse movement and timing.

Unreal 2004 wasn't that polluted. Hell, maybe even 3.

How do consoles consistently manage to ruin vidya not just on a technical level but gameplay as well? F.E.A.R. for example was amazing until a sequel was designed for consoles, then it was all downhill.

Realistically, a game like Quake 1 couldn't be made in the modern video game (and broader cultural) climate.
Just listen to that fucking song, do you hear the raw grit in that? That was the entire aesthetic of Quake.
It was apologetically dark and edgy and it pulled it off fucking fantastically. The last time somebody tried to make a truly dark game was Hatred, which was fucking blasted with controversy.

Normalfags don't like that type of actual edge, they like the Jared Leto's Joker faux-edge; the "edgy teenager" type of edge.

I fucking love Trent Reznor.

Yeah, edgy weird shit got big budgets for a brief period near the turn of the millennium.

way too little way too late
Fuck Bethesda, fuck Zenimax and fuck whatever husk of what used to be id still remains

I love that soundtrack.

Mostly casual audience, complete lack of standards and a shitty input device. Now the reason why that's "new" is because everyone who wasn't a faggot noped the fuck out of the ps3 and 360 since they were so shit while buttfucking the consumer so much, and around the time those consoles came out PCs had the same cost/benefit as them anyway.

they'd have fucked it up with or without consoles. consoles are just a nice scapegoat.

FUCKING ENOUGH OF THE OP WEBM REMOVAL I'M SICK OF THE BOARD BECOMING SWISS CHEESE JUST BECAUSE SOME DEDICATED AUTIST THINKS Holla Forums NEEDS TO BE A YOUTUBE REPLACEMENT RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why don`t they just make official mouse an keyboard for their black boxes already?

They did.

you actually could play Quake 3 online on a Dreamcast with a mouse and keyboard.

wew.

It looks fine

What is even the goddamn point of this? You could do more with a fucking numpad. I assume console babbies can't handle more than a dozen buttons.

It takes minutes to do youtube-dl -f -webm and then convert if the filesize is too large you big fucking baby.

Lurl more.

are those voicelines voiced by yuri lowenthall, can we just remove him from the industry already i'm tired of hearing his god damn voice

Actual rule is monetized videos only, which uploader was the webm's source from (several accounts have already reposted it) and is there definitive proof it was monetized?

Lurk more.

This is fucking horrible, that is so fucking horrific I coined a new term I am so annoyed.

glunks
/glu nckhs/

verb/adverb

to do something in a obnoxious, unnatrual, out of place, tedious, or irritating way

see also: glunksingly, glunk, glunksing, glunking, glunkingly

that wasn't reloading, user
It was the Hero's ult

That's his healing skill.

I'm sorry, is this Quake or fucking DoTA?

Oh for fuck sake.

id isn't stupid. They'll most likely add a gamemode with all the nu-gaming shit disabled.

Is this that Bethesda overwatch clone that is for some reason called Quake?

It's not the same id that made Quake 1 or even Doom 3. None of the original devs are still there and the only employees who've been there since the 90's deal with shit like business and publishing.

hahahah, no they won't

I'm pretty sure they still have the receptionist (affectionately called "id Mom") still working there and that fucker Tim "and here we have the Revenant from the original DooM" Wilits

Kevin Cloud is still in.

Cloud is a graphic designer and Willits is a creative director, neither of these men are proper devs like a level designer or programmer.

So you're saying their jobs are unnecessary? They're still part of the old crew.

I'm pretty sure a creative director can fuck up a lot of things.

Who would have thought, reminds me of Dawn of War 3.
Fuck AAA, fuck Bethesda, everything they put out is dissapointing trash.

What I said is none of the old devs are around, there are still people who work at id from the early days.

Well, it's not like they were going to hit the jackpot ever again after the first Doom anyway.

Didn't they?

Doom > Quake

well yeah (although I know a lot of people would argue), but it was still a revolutionary game in its own right and people still play it and Q3 in one way or another.
youtube.com/watch?v=OipJYWhMi3k

I can recognize Carmack's achievements but Quack just put me off at the third realm because the enemies took about 30 shots of anything to die (excluding explosives). It felt different because I couldn't go fast /and/ kill fast like in Doom.

They said it was PC only, at least for now they diid.

It's all about the multiplayer otherwise it's shit.

Why did we need a new Quake? The old ones are fine and still have servers up. Id can fuck off.

have beta emails been set out yet

WHO CARES?

There's a difference?