Classic FPS Thread

Now that we're finally back, who's up for a classic FPS thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

marathon.bungie.org/story/dream.html
gog.com/forum/blood_series/difficulty_setting_changes_when_loading_save_files/page1
webquake.quaddicted.com/Client/index.htm
file.io/yXsbGu
mixtape.moe
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/87871-wip-the-ids-rpg-series-coming-soon/
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom-64/downloads/brutal-doom-64-version-10
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25592
mega.nz/#!kZNRVJpQ!Aah_t6a3x2TYXteTNu33PYUd2dOxoei_t8dFdqgg0nw
moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom)
youtube.com/watch?v=n0emCfSfFLY
doomworld.com/forum/topic/50624-fastest-opengl-source-port-engine-for-wads/?do=findComment&comment=867957
doomworld.com/forum/topic/50624-fastest-opengl-source-port-engine-for-wads/?do=findComment&comment=867996
doomworld.com/forum/topic/50624-fastest-opengl-source-port-engine-for-wads/?do=findComment&comment=868002
zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99089#p99089
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/brutal-doom-weapons
mega.nz/#!to5AGaCb!pH4_gFb56bo3Y-HYQHSUNlo3rWFgqXZUJW074mbTxfw
clyp.it/fgajeyq1
xlengine.com/
mediafire.com/file/p18u8jwnvfch0uf/PB3.0 Test 3-13-17.zip
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/project-brutality-mutators1
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Marathon#Field_of_view_.28FOV.29
slade.mancubus.net/
doombuilder.com/
realm667.com/index.php/en/repository-18489
lofibucket.com/articles/modding_doom.html
gunlabs.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorials.html
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=25083
zdoom.org/wiki/Editing_tools
zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE
zdoom.org/wiki/tutorials
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Octrees were the logical step up from BSP maps and none of you faggots used it for anything

Fuck all y'all

After trying in the highest difficulty, I have left Outlaws (GoG) at the canyon level.
So -distanced or absolute- cover is paramount
And actually very doable with your bare fists
Are the shit.
I'm finishing it this week, I wanna rescue my daughteru. Also, the western music is damned great.

Design is as you would expect, plus a little change in movement.

8ch is dead now i think ==rip==

Is it where I post about how great SgtMarkIV is and how he single handedly made the Doom community great again?

IMO, SgtMarkIV is neither good or bad. He's a guy.

Anyone here plays MetaDoom?
It's kind of a fun mod but sometimes it's concept makes you want more of it when its creator is having an hard time coming up with ideas and updates

Shadow Warrior is fucking hard, are there any other Build engine games harder than this? I dont even want to imagine how the game is on the hardest setting.

How do I emulate Amiga games?
We all know Amiga is better than IBM PC because Amiga Rules! but how do I emulate Alien Breed 3D properly? I got it to run once, but then it had fucked up text and I couldn't move.

How did everyone get on the same brainwave to start rebooting old shooters? New Doom, new Quake, they're making a new Descent, new System Shock, they've been working on the new UT for years too

Quake and Doom came out because Bethesda has the license and it's the same lead behind it and Wolfenstein made mad money so they'll keep doing it until it stops making money.
Descent and System Shock are coming out because companies finally got the license.

So what the fuck happened in Marathon Infinity? I'm so fucking confused, not even EYE confused me this much.

Blood is harder imo.

marathon.bungie.org/story/dream.html

After Marathon 2, you send a supernova bomb to the star and blow everything up which releases a god that the ancient Jjaro trapped within the star. This god royally screws up reality and sends you spiraling through different alternate timelines until you find one that isn't a failed timeline.

I swear that gitting gud and figuring out what the story was about in the first place was one the biggest challenges of the game. It barely holds your hand and rarely tells you what exactly is going on which I quite liked, but Infinity really was borderline experimental.

Let's just see if flash files can be uploaded.

Yes they can and fuck that's neat, Quack in a flash file.

Out of the entire trilogy, Infinity is probably my favorite. It captures the original Marathon atmosphere with Marathon 2's refined gameplay, and the ploy is like a mix of Halo and Bioshock Infinite without the shitty leftist social commentary.

What did he mean by this?

Read again, user.

On the positive side, it's a really cool novelty to be able to play Quake right from your browser.

On the negative side, it's heavily compressed, looks like shit and still doesn't run as good as the regular game.

Still, if you find yourself in a situation where you absolutely HAVE to play a game that's only 8mb and in your browser, this is a great option.

It's Quack in a fucking 8 megabyte file, you can't complain all that much.

Blood

I found Blood much easier than Shadow Warrior. The hardest part about Blood is that you don't get a lot of firepower early on and really have to work for it.

Shadow Warrior gives you a crazy powerful arsenal right off the bat, but it doesn't matter because everything is specifically designed to fuck you in the face.

I've been looking through the source code of Wolf3D actually, I want to try and mod it for DOS. Finally got it to compile last night.

FILES=40

Anyone here tried out Doom Delta yet?

How do I save this?

lurk more
rightclick things. if it does not work, you're rightclicking the wrong thing.

Doesn't Blood have really fucked damage values though? I remember reading something like that here
I remember going on difficulty 4 with no real problems but difficulty 3 would have fucking dark cultists tear me to shit with their tommy guns of mass destruction
gog.com/forum/blood_series/difficulty_setting_changes_when_loading_save_files/page1

you DO know Doom Delta is supposed to be inspired by Tom Hall's Doom Bible concept, right?

I tried to save page as already but that just showed flash options, I had to block flash and then save the page. Thanks anyway.
Also, someone made a WebGL/HTML5 version of Quack as well. webquake.quaddicted.com/Client/index.htm
FurryBurchs doesn't allow for mouse support though.

Yeah.
Doesn't stop the maker from shoehorning

Also the gameplay is shit.

I meant FurryBurchs, god dammit. It fits anyway because Burch is a Burch but ayylmao.

What's this gay new filter, fuck you Jew.

Maybe because it's kinda hot to hear a woman's voice grunt in pain when hit.

No, it's not. Ever played Warband with a female character?

Then why aren't they NPCs or enemies you can rape?

I think it`s referencing these year old burch tweets

not sure why

How the fuck is the fox from Zootopia a gay nigger?

Maybe it's because both foxes and blacks are animals.

Also, don't foxes carry diseases?
Because guess who else does that.

gay because he wore a colorful shirt
nigger because he was a petty criminal

Anthony Burch is a paragon of political correctness and goodwill towards his fellow man.

Nice filename, but it's not toblerone time.

I read that gog fucked up big time as they released the game without the music from the second cd, music that was used on the maps of the latter half of the game.
Don't know if they finally got around fixing it.

I will check if latter levels lack music, but the number of tracks on the install folder match the lists of assorted sites posting the soundtrack.
But the game does come with extra 'Historical Missions' which just repeat the main tracks, maybe that's what was lost.

From the sawmill onwards it should only play the tracks featured in the second cd, if you hear it repeating any track from the first half it means they still fucked up.
Marshal training from the historical missions should also play music from cd2, without repeating anything from cd1.

Also, if you aren't playing the game on Ugly difficulty you are a complete faggot.

Someone needs to merge samsara with PB doom. With extra weapons for all the characters and a melee button.

Are there any mods to just take hitscan weapons off of enemies?
I can't stand this "lose 30HP every time you step out from behind this pillar because there are ten chaingun guys on the opposite side of the map" shit.

Project Brutality on Traditional Mode works well, except it turns Pistol Zombies into Assault Rifle Zombies and Shotgun Zombies into "I can shoot 8 times really fast" Shotgun Zombies that turns any stage that drops you into the middle of a bunch of them into instant death.
Brutal Doom 64 works perfectly, but I don't want everything to look like Doom 64. I like the classic Doom sprites.

Just hitscan in general or is fastprojectiles no good either? Project MSX, police brutality, experimental builds of led's generic doom mod, prolly a whole bunch I'm forgetting
Stop playing shit maps then tbh

That's not shoehorned, that's what Tom Hall actually did in the Doom bible. It was to be a big middle finger to anyone who just wanted to play the damn game, you were some normal white dude in the first episode, you died after killing the Bruisers, then you had to sit through Tom Hall's story-faggotry. Tom Hall never made anything good, and his layouts would have been unplayable shit without Big Guy Sandy Peterson coming in and making them actually good. It's ironic that Romero, for as much of a faggot he is now and probably was back then, was the one who pretty much shut Tom Hall the fuck down.

I know Marathon Infinity wasn't made by the same developers as Marathon 1 and 2.

I'm shit at figuring out where to go and what to do, so Marathon 2 is my favorite. Infinity had the best multiplayer tho.

Why do people still give a shit about Romero?

All good suggestions, but I'm looking to keep this as close to a vanilla experience as possible (or at least, without complete weapon/enemy overhauls). "Vanilla gameplay minus hitscans" is too small and specific so I don't think there are any mods that do exactly that. Still, MSX and other weapon overhauls are too much, especially when they add reloading (which almost ruins the rapid pacing of Doom for me).

That's the first thing I thought of.

Thank goodness Russian Overkill does not pander in such ways.

We're talking military marine forces that model armor after pecs, don't cover the abdomen with any armor, and don't have any protective covering on the arms at all. And they're wearing green, which blends in so well in science bases on Mars' moons. I don't think military realism is what Doom was going for. You're also acting like action movies haven't included token black dudes and token female soldiers since forever. Did you complain about them in Aliens?

What board game is he making/has he made?
People know Romero because his name was all over ids products and advertising, but I don't think there's many people who still care what he's doing.

Yes i fucking did, because it's not only degenerate and an obvious subversion of culture roles and expectatives
Full stop. Shit's retarded.

Plenty of women go into combat retard, there were women who fought in the American Civil War, they were deployed by Russia during WWI and there plenty of partisan fighters in WWII.
If you want to whine, at least be accurate. Women aren't as capable as men in combat situations because of the obvious physical differences, but that doesn't mean they aren't used at all.
If you want to whine about something, be accurate. Women are less capable than men in most combat scenarios.

That last line shouldn't be there

Freudian slip, I imagine.

No, I just forgot to delete it after writing basically the same thing with different words. It's not Freudian in the slightest.

I think one of the most interesting details about Sandy Petersen is that despite all his knowledge and exeperience he chooses to abandon modern video games for a niche hobby instead.

Me me I'm a Doom man

In modern ages? Are you implying present?
Name one conflict, outside of jihadist suicide bombers, where women in a formal Army do the gruntwork.
protip: america doesn't field them as front ops, the most they'll do is supply in the farback lines or a deskjob. They aren't even allowed in the airforce despite being the most pussfied branch of the USAF.
Remember Russia was basically sending as many bodies as it could to stop the blitzkrieg German assault. They were basically civilian cannon fodder trown at tank battlions, not even troops because there weren't even enough Mosins to arm all of them, it'd be lucky if any of them got any kills or din't desert back into the Urals.

Fringe groups in the ACW, WWII and I don't really set the example of a military actually training women for combat and fielding them in a theatre of War. If anything they were probably trying to survive and had to resort to pick a side and do shit to get past a battlefield or road blockage for their safety.

A lot of soviets snipers and bombers during WWII were female, not out of a shortage in men but because women were considered more patient than men by the Russians. Of course, having women in specific roles that the higher ups believed suited them is a far cry from full front-line deployment.

Wrong, now post your tits.

i believe it's because of the rollback of the servers ,some features aren't currently functioning as they should and it reverted some of the changes Mark did to the board to ther previous settings ;in this case the word filters

Download link to this mod?

Do explain.

Realtime editing is nice but brushes are objectively superior.

NO

Has anyone else here actually been unable to switch from Starseige Tribes or Tribes 2 to Ascend? I get you guys think Ascend is fast, but let's get real, the game used half sized maps and capped you at a fraction of old speed from the get go on top of having slower launchers and lower propulsion. I didn't get into Ascend too heavy, but did it even manage to run custom maps?

I'll play that map with you user :3

… except that my GPU is dead. s-sorry

I dig the HUD, though it looks a little cramped.

Thanks for fixing the thread volunteer.

Someone should make a Doom WAD in vein of Beyond the Black Rainbow

coincidence? i think not

But Rise of the Triad did the exact same thing, the characters even look similar to them. Stop being a fucking retard. It's done in reference to how Tom Hall designed things, not for 'm-muh tumblr.'

Not everything involving a black person or different haired woman is tumblr you fucking idiot.

for fuck's sake Holla Forumstard it's a VIDEO GAME. You sound just like the retard SJWs yelling about the only characters in a video game being white, except it's the other way around, with you whining because not every character is white.

Here user, I made a basic mod a while ago which changes all histscans (except archvile fire) into fast-moving bullets that you can dodge. If you want to change it, just download SLADE and edit the script, it's pretty straight-forward.

file.io/yXsbGu

Alright alright some of us are autistic about not having niggers or women in vidya. No need for a shitshow, just post a smug anime or ignore the faggot.
Going back on topic, I tried sunlust some time ago and didn't play past the first couple of maps, found it boring. I managed to power through it with Trailblazer and it's actually a pretty great megawad past those first two maps. Though it does put you in some retarded situations sometimes, like in one room collecting a megasphere closes the exits and brings in two mancubi and an archvile. Normally not a problem but the room is cramped and a fair bit of it is covered in a floor which slows your movement speed a ton, and the macubi and archvile cover up the normal floor a lot. So chances are you're going to take a fuckton of damage if you're playing vanilla unless you feel like dispensing at least two BFG shots on only three enemies. And chaingunner deathtraps will never not be horrible. Still, a great looking and a mostly well put-together slaughterfest megawad.

Seems pretty neat, but that link gives me a 404.

Now all someone needs to do is add slow motion and we'll have the base work for a fully functioning Max Payne mod.

You could probably just steal code from SuperDoom and call it a day and thus make it a way better wad imo

fuck, looks like the file host I used is a once-only type of thing. What's a thing I can upload on quickly without making an account?

For something more complicated with fast-bullets, this one seems decent
mega:#!71YDELSJ!PpeLPKB4sovqm2sIIdGhr1WReCQy5_D5T9s3bEHZLww

Ignore the autist trying too hard to fit in with the vox day / gab.ai crowd.

mixtape.moe might allow it.

Any luck, user?

You can upload on Volafile without an account, I know.
Just put it in the Share thread Volafile: volafile.io/r/HF33Go

I can host that map on my server.
Except it's a Xonotic server.

Is this a formal army?
I recall hearing some Muslim shit about soldiers killed by women don't go to heaven.

>Installing Serious Sam Fusion on GNU/Linux
How exciting, can't wait to play the second encounter, once more!

ZOG is backing the Kurds so as far as I'm concerned they're durka durka insurgent tier.
On the other hand some commie was pushing Rojava as a new Anarchist Catalonia so they probably do put women on the front lines.

Fuck Holla Forums

you think neo-Nazis care about facts? They have a narrative to push and an agenda to fight for. Facts might break their fantasy.

May as well ask them to admit the Holocaust happened.

You probably read it on the Gaurdian, because it's bullshit.
No, it's a propaganda photo made to impress western (((press))).

topkek

Mods like these make me wonder if it's possible to make a fully fledged first person TBoI in the Doom engine, with dungeon generation and item combinations.

hi /leftycúck/
goodbye /leftycúck/

There is Oblige. I'm more interested in an Angband inspired mod for that though, with improved level generation to create dark chambers and hallways.

There is an entire fan website dedicated to crawling through the entire god damned trilogy for story. Infinity is essentially the Security Officer jumping across time and space, with those intermissions most likely being in his mind hence the reference to "do robots dream of electric sheep?" in the map name. Whatever the fuck that thing in the star was, it kills everything in a "bad" end, or I guess failure route, and you just keep jumping routes until you succeed in preventing it's escape which involves reactivating the station and reawakening what might actually be one of precursor race those floaty cape guys typed into their computers.

Installing now, how do I map design

does anyone here have any experience with the doomRL .wad? i started playing doomRL again over the weekend and realized how much i liked it, but have no idea if/how it translates to actual Doom

Does anyone else have problems with audio on Linux using…well, any source port? Specifically Linux Mint?

There is about three things that are called "doomRL.wad." Is it the actual RL? Is it the one where it looks like a RL but its still doom? Or is it the RLArsenal?

There's your problem. I never really had trouble with it on Mint, but sound on Linux is a bit of a clusterfuck. Could you be more specific? It's probably a problem with pulseaudio and not the sourceport itself. You could try killing pulseaudio and using alsa. I've never used it myself, but you can try pasuspender:

How come pinkies are such a joke enemies on every mode made? They walk around sideways like crabs, dont hurt that much, die easily and they only serve for area denial instead of charging towards you like they should do

They were poorly designed to move erratically so they would be difficult to shoot.
As people improved their skill in the genre (and more importantly, moved to mouselook over keyboard camera control), their 'erratic movements' became more of a weakness than an actual strength because they were just as easy to target yet would never be able to reach a competent player unless it was in extremely short distances or large groups.

doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/87871-wip-the-ids-rpg-series-coming-soon/

Not sure if you guys either know about this or are even interested, put apparently there is some project that involves bringing the Id Software RPG titles into GZDoom, i think.

Ah yes, the "let's port one of our favorite old games into an entirely different engine" project.

lel

Post the latest Doom chart please. What are some fun mods to play ?

I'm only interested because of the sprites and textures available in those games that could be used in some other shit.

Considering how the first post in that thread was like may last year, it could take a shit load of time or maybe ever never.

This is the last version i have.
One mod i like that isn't in it is MetaDoom, which is a randomizer that tries to be the Doom series mixed together.
It brings fun weapons and enemies but sometimes things can get a bit unbalanced as usual for a mod like this.

Also, it's kinda like still being worked on stuff such as how there's no variants for the Mancubus or stuff to do with that Doom 3, so don't expect much from the execution for what sounds like a really cool concept.

thanks

I wonder who could possibly be behind this post.

What's so jewish about it ?

How is recommending a free mod the same as shilling a paid game?

It's flawed like any other mod, but at least it keeps getting updates.

The guy behind it isn't even much of a asshole or a jew.

But the automatic rifle from Doom 3 and the Soul Cube are in it. I'm pretty sure the standard hellknight replacement is from Doom 3, too.

I meant the RoE expansion, which featured a magic heart that slowed down time and the gravity gun rip off.

What the fuck is wrong with Metadoom?
It's a fucking mod, you cockgobbler.

Does Serious Sam count as an oldschool fps game? Or is it just another brand of new games from 2000s that isn't a WWII shooter?

Their attack reach is pitiful. If it was doubled or quadrupled they'd be better.

I'd call Serious Sam oldschool, it was fun.

Hate to ask for tech support but I have no idea how to fix.
I looked on google and didn't find any fixes.

Serious Sam is extreme fun but I wouldn't call it old school if I was to compare it to Doom, DN3D, Shadow Warrior, Quake, etc.
However the new fusion re-release has a lot of weird things, werebulls now "drift" and kleers fucking jump high, wallstafing no longer slows you down but actually speeds you up. Those fucking fish faggots are toned down and won't easily kill you now.

It's oldschool even though it was made recently. It has all the features of a pre-COD shooter despite the devs wanting to make a COD game. Pretty ironic in that sense.

I love the wall strafing mechanic. I use it a lot. The fish can still kill you in 4 hits.

Romero caused controversy. People love controversy for some reason.

Petersen and both Carmacks are the true heroes of Doom.

This is my options screen and it works for me. Make sure to have always mouselook on

but why

Brutal Doom 64 on Traditional Mode (or with a gameplay mod of your choice).

I find the changes weird, because I can't tell if they're intentional or if they're just a side-effect of them trying to consolidate everything on one engine.

Speaking of BD64, there's a conversion of Doom 64 Retribution that is made for gameplay mods.

I'm a retard. I had mouselook speed (which is vertical look speed) to 0. Thanks

I think one of the first mods I tried only work with Zandronum and then I just stuck with it.

How would the Artifact be implemented? The Grabber would simply be implemented as a weapon that could pick up barrels/enemy projectiles and flings it back at them, but would the Artifact be used as a one time use pickup item that slows/stops time, or a rechargeable weapon that uses up souls to perform the above action like the Soul Cube?

According to Kinsie, it would be an extremly rare inventory item, taht after its use, would have a long delay until you can use it again.

If used correctly they are pretty good, if you are low on ammo or have weak weapons they might circle you and then you won't get out

Any good comedy wads?

Brutal Doom 64 is pretty comfy tbh.
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom-64/downloads/brutal-doom-64-version-10

serious sam was made over 15 years ago
let that sink in

This phrase needs to be outlawed

ulsimpdm.wad

Oblige generates level wads independent of Doom, which is different than procedurally generated levels found in roguelikes. The closest someone has went to make a roguelike dungeon generator within Doom is this: forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25592 , although it hasn't had an update in quite a long time. Hopefully, with the advent of ZScript, a true roguelike Doom mod with an actual ingame dungeon generator would become a reality.

Look up TurboCharged ARCADE! for a comedy wad.

why?

Since we were talking Marathon earlier, has anyone here played Pathways into Darkness and is it worth trying? I have an old Mac Mini laying around that I have no use for and Bungie ported the game to modern OS X several years ago, so I've thought about trying it.

Someone clearly has not played Unreal.

Yeah, Doom Delta is really fun stuff.
It's really cool how a lot of mods nowadays try to be more over-the-top in stuff but this actually tries to dial things back quite a bit. It's no less crazy under the hood, though, I opened it up to try and see what was up with the automap on the HUD and fuuuuuuuuck.

>Women are less capable than men in most combat scenarios

From what do you guys think Hell's evil stems from? They can't be intelligent beings who seek to maximize their evil-to-good ratio for no good reason, can they? If so, what could've caused such system to manifest? Or if they are just beings of absolute chaos, can they really be thought of as evil?

how do i play it? it just keep dling when i click

It's just doom with an horrible hud, female and black characters, a pitchfork and 2 original guns. I feel like more work was put on the trailer than the game

help i wanna play

Download, open with, select browser of choice?

they all just keep dling it even though it a local file

WAAAHHHHH HELP I WANNA PLAY BROWSER QUACK

also more swf pleaz

No idea what's your problem man, I just right clicked "quake.sfw", opened it in new tab and bam - everything werks.

post some other classic swfs please anonie

also
brett?

also do mouse looky work?

it really is, my current favorite flavor of doom. it has some quake atmosphere that i love.
are there any maps made for it? or at least mapsets that play well in it? i need more.

You could've just used google or something.
who.jpg

Yes, it works. Though it's wonky as fuck.

Moonman Doom is a masterpiece.
mega.nz/#!kZNRVJpQ!Aah_t6a3x2TYXteTNu33PYUd2dOxoei_t8dFdqgg0nw

Mock 2 is barely worth noclipping through to see the final level. There is a fully modeled toilet with an ass that shoots spawn cubes.

Fuck that bouncing floor room filled with kleers and kamikazes

Aliens lol.

come play Moonman mod you nigger lovers at the skullcrap serb, serb name "SkullCrap 3.0 || MoonMan visits Hiroshima || NO CARNEVIL ALLOWED"

Has shilling gone too far?!

Even aliens are bound by logic.

Wounded pride led to resentment and bitterness, which curdled into a philosophy of making everyone and everything as miserable as they are.

That makes me question if God and Heaven exist in Doom.

For me it's the Aliens mod for Doom. Not the historically significant Total Conversion one, the actual mod for normal doom. (moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom)
I mentioned it a few weeks ago, it takes the default levels, darkens them to shit (except lit/open areas and you have flares and a shoulder lamp) and randomises spawns everytime you load the episode for the first time. So the armour on your left at the beginning of E1M1? Could be armour, or scenery, or a gun, or an alien, or a hoarde of aliens. Difficulty spikes like bollocks due to the randomness, and the beginning is generally harder due to lack of weapons/ammo but it's very fun. Plus, the maker got his dirty little hands on Alien Trilogy sprites. Video very related.
youtube.com/watch?v=n0emCfSfFLY

Speaking of Aliens doom mods, this TC isn't half bad either.

Agree.
A little bit of randomization goes a long way for mixing things up. It can break things horribly, but for mapsets you've already played back and forth and know a lot, lowering the lights and mixing up items do a LOT for making a new atmosphere.

gib me maps thread bump

Have you thought about making your own maps?

Bumping with map progress.

Anyone know the status of the Moon Man WAD for DOOM?

i have a full plate of game projects, so no, spending my unwinding time making doom maps isn't something i want to do.

there's a BD64 recreation of knee deep, for what that's worth.

Both Turbocharged ARCADE wads and The Sky May Be (not really comedy but it made me laugh because of it's absurdity).

Trying to play Going Down with Project Brutality, but there's a door om map09 that doesn't open when it should. Is there any way to fix that?

NEW SERIOUS SAM
It's not serious sam 4

it's better if you use it alongside that other aliens zandronum mod

Still looks fun.

noclip

Yeah it looks nice, worried about some weird level up thing they have planned by the description of the game they're giving out. But looks more fully loaded than the other spinoffs of serious sams. Still waiting on Serious Sam 4.

The shitty elitist hypersperg builders weren't much help either. I made a few unfinished maps though. Someone took a desert dust2 kinda thing and called it "Jerusalem" and added trucks and shit to it which was kind of cool.

i'd want a SWAT4 or Infiltration on that engine. with destruction.

Sounds like you need some complex doom in your life.

play with -fast enabled.

Sounds like you need some KFC and foodstamps in your life, you retarded nigger.
From all the shitty wads you chose the shittest one, congratulations fam.

Agreed, complex doom and LCA are fucking garbage.

Someone should make a doom TC using the stalker engine

Vanilla complex doom is good, you all hate it because plebs run it with shitty retarded addons.

No
Never was and never will. Even Harddoom can be fun while Complex is just boring and out of touch pile of garbage.
But I guess I'm not it's target audience, since all it does is cattering to brutal dood playerbase aka retarded neodoomers that never played doom before BD, for whom playing servers without jumping or freelook is something alien or play impossible to stand. Fuck them, and fuck you too for ever recommending this cancer to anyone in here you colossal faggot. 

What's the deal with Complex Doom?

It's a randomizer mod that makes Doom feel unfun. There is a lack of difficulty progression in weapons and enemies, so you could encounter several railgun-spewing zombies in the first level and kill you instantly. Zandronum servers are even worse, as most of them play nothing but Complex Doom with no health/armor/ammo regeneration, and they have addons that add in stupidly powerful monsters that kill you instantly by looking at you funny. I played a couple of online Complex Doom and I guarantee that I spent more time spectating and waiting for the next level to load than playing the game because a godly imp was the first enemy encounter.

Remember, GZDoom is the best and most up to date source port. ZDoom is dead and thank god for it, outdated piece of shit. Graf Zahl is a God.

Why is it, that when a project is finished people consider it dead? I still use zdoom over gzdoom because gzdoom's requirements are absurd because of it using stuff that isn't even widely supported or being used by everyone yet while simultaneously cutting off it's old support.

zdoom is now replaced with qzdoom which features new software renderer that works in true color like gzdoom

New "features" (ie, doomscript) are added to GZDoom dev branch.
Modders are encouraged to add code from these "features" that make it incompatible with older versions of G/ZDoom, even if their mod doesn't need it or there's a way to replicate that feature with legacy code.

This is why people consider it dead, even though the whole point of doom is that it can run on a toaster and still have good gameplay. The current zdoom scene is being coerced into fucking over players who use older systems because of Graf's and his cronies elitism over having the newest Nvidia cards.

So if Graf Zahl is a god, why can't he add support for bump mapping or specular shading?

Or make an OGL4.x renderer that actually performs well to begin with.

le tricked

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet I guess.

You fucked up.

And still looking like a game from the earlier 90's while needing a modern GPU for that. Might as well play one of those Crysis series then.

fucking slavs
GIT OUT

People are just generally upset about gzdoom, enough to explode just on the mention of it
doomworld.com/forum/topic/50624-fastest-opengl-source-port-engine-for-wads/?do=findComment&comment=867957
doomworld.com/forum/topic/50624-fastest-opengl-source-port-engine-for-wads/?do=findComment&comment=867996
…he nuked his own repo over it
doomworld.com/forum/topic/50624-fastest-opengl-source-port-engine-for-wads/?do=findComment&comment=868002

Seriously, fuck Graf, if that dumb nigger would leave and never return we would have finally nice things today. Nobody wants to make new OGL/D3D renderer for doom because there is gzdoom that is already popular and actively "developed".
Nobody wants to help developing gzdoom because it's pile of broken code made by yours trully Graf, not to mention he's not a likeable person at all when it comes to working with him.
Everything about GZDoom's design it just plain WRONG and all should be done about it is scrapping it all, it belongs in the trash.

More golden stuff
zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99089#p99089
Graf's "20 years expertise in coding industry" quality work

Crysis 3 doesn't even need or use GL4.x, it straight up runs GL2.0 and looks infinitely better than Graf's shit.
Dude's a complete hack and someone should do something like the qzdoom or GLOOME branches do and instate a new GL-based renderer that doesn't leak memory every time it has to render a fucking 3D floor which zdoom's software renderer can do or dynamic lights that don't clip through walls. People would jump ship immediatly and leave his shit sourceport attempt in the gallows.

Please stop yourself and go play through Doom 64 EX first.

REEEEEEEEE

At least there's Doom 64 Retribution as a proper Doom 64 TC to a sourceport.

Crysis 3 doesn't use OpenGL at all, it uses Direct3D 11.

Late reply but I just wanted to say that I still play Tribes 2. It's a very tight community but almost every day I find between 8 to 12 people, you just gotta join at the right time. And the matches that I have with these people in tribes 2 are waay better than the ones in the newer tribes games, or new fps games in general, that have hundreds of servers active.

Tribes 2 classic is just the best.

Why is Temple of The Lizardmen so fucking comfy?
Maybe its because the level design and setting/tribal atmosphere kinda remind me of Unreal?

I fucking love this mod somehow

that shortcut they added to later versions of E1M1 really fucking activates my almonds. It completely ruins the flow of the map but my OCD forces me to use it now every time I play the level.

It could be better

If SS is old school, I'd like to know why there are so many re-releases like Classics Revolution and Fusion, some of them feel like very minimal upgrades. Q

Fusion and Revolution are for what sourceports do (or are supposed to do) to games like Doom. Allow the games to use modern technology to its fullest (Vulkan, 64-bit systems), better modding support, with the added addition of conveniently bundling up multiple games into one, while also allowing cross-multiplayer between VR and non-VR users. Revolutions is also supposed to get a brand new campaign added on down the line.

that's quite the art.

Interesting, I have a problem that I don't see in the thread. Whether I open it from 8ch or download it and open it from my hard drive, it won't take control of the mouse. The cursor still appears unless I click and hold, and I can only aim while the left mouse button is held down, which naturally makes it hard to play the game. Anyone else have this problem?

I really fucking miss Unreal, man.
There just wasn't anything like it. The atmosphere, the aliens, the weapons, the music, the level design, it was all incredible.
Breaking out of the Vortex Rikers and standing on Na Pali for the first time is an experience I'll never forget.

Reminder that demons are for worshipping not killing

Why is Unreal and UT so dead?

Oh wow, they actually fucking did put Skyrim into Doom 4. The more I see and hear about this game, the more I know that it's just pure shit.

That's a bit of a stretch. Skyrim is certainly not the only game/movie/whatever to have stone carvings depicting events related to the story.

Everything about that fucking screams Skyrim.

Go away Samuel Hayden.

Were there ever many levels/megawads for Hexen? Preferably with far fewer puzzles?

how about a wad with more puzzles

speaking of puzzles, I wish there was a physics puzzle game like amnesia. the horror stuff doesn't interest me but the puzzles are fun.

If anyone has that picture of Doomguy holding Princess Daisy in a chokehold, please post it.
This is urgent. It's almost Easter!

It's the AR from NAM, which was a really bad 2D fps. The mod itself is called something like "Brutal Doom Weapons+"

moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/brutal-doom-weapons

It's a pile of dog shit, but the ARM4 looks beautiful. I've extract the files of the AR myself and hope one day someone will get it functioning on it's own.

mega.nz/#!to5AGaCb!pH4_gFb56bo3Y-HYQHSUNlo3rWFgqXZUJW074mbTxfw

Sometimes I get tired of shooting monsters with guns and want to shoot them with spells instead, without having to constantly backtrack all over the level because it's full of switches that open locked doors a mile away.

So what's with complex doom? Is it the random monster regeneration or the weapons?

It's the lack of balance and sense of progression in both the weapons and enemies (more so with the LCA mutator), as well as being one of the few mods that clog up the server catalog for Doomseeker/Zandronum.

HOLY SHIT SO IT WASN'T JUST ME BEING CASUAL

I watched the story on youtube because I couldn't be bothered to pirate the game and I was curious if it was shit.

Is this skyrim too? :^)

Is there a way to add weapon hotkeys to Aleph One? I wanted to get into the Marathon series but having to scroll through weapons is so tedious and awkward, it makes it unplayable to me.

Having the same problem bud. Using firefox.

they're both incompetent assholes, so there.

Mark is a whiet supremacist bitch that thinks heavy metal is still relevant. He acts like a faggot, gets in trouble, then plays pretend victim and cries "the SJWs don't respect free speech". Not that he even live sin a country that has free speech, let alone the fact he's not white. he jacks off to gore, his mod is buggy and he steals shit from other games. His motorcycle mod is literally copied from one of the Redneck Rampage expansions. BD is only asskissed by stupid faggots that think "durr dis iz how Doom wuz mint to be playd" and have never touched Doom Enhanced.

Graf is an incompetent coder that constantly breaks shit in every new version of GZDoom, to the point a lot of classic old WADs like Massmouth 2 don't even work right, and he refuses to host older versions that are compatible with those WADs. He insists all bug reports go through his selective little forum instead of direct reports and is easily made butthurt.

The Doom community goes into part of why I, as a long-time player of video games, do not associate with "gamers". I find most of them to be idiots not worth associating with. No online gaming, no direct interaction with anyone, it's not necessary for me to play video games.

I had to use all three of the serious bombs you get up until that point to even get past it
Nothing else in any of the game gave me even remotely close to that amount of trouble

clyp.it/fgajeyq1

someone post some swf that actually work you nigger heads

Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six Rogue Spear
Ghost Recon
Operation Flashpoint

Is there a good atmospheric map for doom II? Also I am wondering if there is a wad with a lot of destructible environment stuff or even the map itself.

It hurts lads

A russian guy is almost done reverse-engineering Blood, only thing missing are the sounds, but he's working on it, everything else is pretty much done.

hue

That reminds me of this mod someone was working on that port the Blood weapons to Doom as accurately as possible. Unfortunately, the modder is waiting until GZDoom has more advanced PSprite animation functions, such as scaling and rotating PSprites, to release the mod in its finalized form, and that faggot Graf is avoiding adding those features at every opportunity.

bump

From what I've heard it really shows its age, there are failure conditions you can't anticipate that force you to reload an old save and so forth. But you might as well give it a try if you can.

Does this game have a solid source port for HD/mouse support yet?
Does Dark Forces?
Dark Forces in particular needs help seeing as how it has that antiquated lives system and no real quicksaving or saving iirc

Dark forces had a source port for years
xlengine.com/
As far as I know it's the only port

and it works for outlaws too apparently, cant say if it's good for that

Thanks, will look into it.
I remember setting it up for Dark Forces was an absolute pain in the ass considering how buggy it was, but if it's the best we have then screw it.

As a fucking idiot, can someone explain to me how different this would be from BloodCM? More accurate to the original, or what?

That's is NOT a source port. It's just a sort of reverse engineering of the engine to get it to run in a more modern hardware accelerated fashion. It's also buggy and unfinished. I recently played through Dark Forces just fine, only encountered one moderately large bug where you would be unable to move on ice except by using explosive damage to propel yourself.

Sorry meant to say played through Dark Forces in DOSBox just fine. Not the DarkXL thing.

Also thanks, yeah, explains the sheer amount of difficulty I had last time I tried using it.

It's troubling, but nothing compared to the frog pit in TFE.

According to the dev blog he has a newer build that he doesn't want to release just yet. Radio silence for the last 9 months beyond that.

I wish he would just make it open source to speed up development.

Agreed, I'm absolutely stunned when people don't open source shit like this.
I hate to be morbid but for all we know he may actually have fucking died, people don't account for unpredictable shit.

I havent finished dark forces on that engine but the first 3 levels ran just fine for me. I only had to install openal to run it

source on that first pic?

Doom: The Golden Souls.
There's a map based entirely around Van Gogh's Starry Night. Looks pretty cool but is a little annoying to navigate.
Still fun, though.

When the fuck is Project Reality 3.0 releasing already?
I need it

Didn't one of the latest Mario games had a Van Gogh level?
I thought that's why the mod had that in the first place.

Neat, if so.
I'll admit I haven't kept up with Mario for a while.

I don't know when the actual release of 3.0 is, but the most recent test build is here: mediafire.com/file/p18u8jwnvfch0uf/PB3.0 Test 3-13-17.zip
There is also a mutator addon for Project Brutality 2.03, which adds in an extensive array of mutators, such as new weapons and upgrades (Unmaker, BFG 2704, Sniper Rifle, etc.), more powerups, and even vanilla player physics, among other mutators. It already has PB 2.03 packaged with it, so you could try that out to wait until the full release of 3.0 is released.
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/project-brutality-mutators1

I actually don't mind these voice lines for doom guy they work really well.
He just sounds so uninterested in the arena combat and tired because hes clearly insane from what hes gone through.

His voice reminds me of Caleb from Blood

It sure sounds better than Sgt. Mark IV's angry nignog brute. Never considered Doomguy to be one that goes full ragemode any time. Even the Doomcomicguy has rather good inner clarity and verbal expression.

Is this how far the FPS genre has fallen? That an almost two decade old game panned universally for being one of the shittiest FPS of all time actually manages to wipe the floor with most modern offerings?

There's the reason.

Daikatana was a game with good fundamentals, but bad execution. Some community fixes can make the game enjoyable.

Most modern FPS games have bad fundamentals, and as such can't be salvaged.

If you build a shitty house on a good foundation, you have the ability to fix it up and make it nice. If you build a shitty house on a shitty foundation, you have to tear it down and start over.

Well, the original release was broken as fuck.

Does the community patch fix the baby-sitting aspects of your dumb-as-shit friend NPCs?

According to the notes, they did fix some problems with the partner AI, they also added an option to just flat out remove them from the game if you want.

What would be the best way to play Marathon in [CURRENT YEAR]?
I want an experience close to vanilla without the hassles.

Aleph One

Apparently the developers would have to rewrite large portions of the network code in order to facilitate keybinds because of how the game sends the input to the server and how replays are saved, which ends up being too much work for one or three guys working on a project with next to no interest for it.

Save for emulation or getting yourself an old Mac, Aleph One is your only option. Turn off all the HD plugins in the Plugins tab in the Environments section, and apply a FoV script as listed here so you don't get motion sick: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Marathon#Field_of_view_.28FOV.29

Is Marathon 2 different or should I just give up while I am ahead?

Marathon 1 is widely considered to be the worst in the series as the story doesn't really get going after a few levels once Durandal makes his entrance, on top of the level design being the weakest. 2 does have better more action-oriented level design, but skipping ahead will potentially confuse you if you don't follow the entire story.

that describes every GS level that has required platform jumping or slopes. Platform jumping and FPS do not go together for any reason.

Every time I hear "(mod name) is how Doom was MEANT to be" I reply "fuck your fanon opinions, you don't own the IP, you don't speak for it"

this is so impractical, he would barely be able to ride the fucking skateboard with all the shit weighing himself down.

I'm starting to like Smooth Doom. I've stuck with Doom Enhanced for years(Brutal Doom is shit) and Smooth Dom has many of the same features, plus extra mods like the extra weapon animation mod all in one package.

HOWEVER I'm not going to pretend it's an original mod. It's a collection of mods, resources and ideas that have been floating around the community for a very long time. It's a compilation mod that works better than trying to run several separate and possibly incompatible mods.

Now if only they'd add in the mod that puts in sprite rotation frames for pickup objects.

Playing a solo netgame will get rid of the friend NPCs.
It's crazy, whoever thought there would be something really solid lying at the core of Daikatana? And yet, here we go.

All the fucking guns suck
Save gems? How about go fuck yourself?
The enemies suck fat dick fuck you robotic frogs spitting poison, robotic alligators robotic fireflies fuck this marsh fuck everyone who defends this pile of shit and above all fuck John Romero that spic should be hung above The Wall's Big Entrance Door.

das it mane

It is a bad game, no argument here on that point.

However, the first official patch for the game made save gems optional.

And with most of them, you're just as likely to kill yourself as you are to kill the enemies. I remember watching an LP of it a long time ago, and the guys playing it showed that at least half of the weapons in any given part of the game were able to harm the player using them. They also usually turned out to be the only weapons that were effective in any way. When they got to a part where you got nothing but the standard pistol/shotgun/SMG, they remarked that that standard arsenal seemed simply amazing in comparison.

Is there a "Doom modding for dummies" kind of guide anywhere? I play a lot but I don't know the first thing about making content. I want to try to give back!

To make Doom mods, you would need the essential tools to do so. Slade is good for coding the actual mods while Doombuilder is good for making Doom maps. Realm667 has a decently-sized archive for weapon and enemy resources to use.
slade.mancubus.net/
doombuilder.com/
realm667.com/index.php/en/repository-18489
As for tutorials, there isn't really a lot of concise ones that covers all aspects of Doom modding. The ones below are the best one could find so far:
lofibucket.com/articles/modding_doom.html (crash course of essentials)
gunlabs.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorials.html (how to make Doom weapons)
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=25083 (Template for making ZDoom mods)
zdoom.org/wiki/Editing_tools (more tools to use for doom modding)
zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE (DECORATE tutorials)
zdoom.org/wiki/tutorials (ZDoom tutorials)

What are some good WADs that use vanilla enemies and weapons(so I can play it with Brutal Doom)

Also, does anyone have a sound replacer for Brtual Doom v20b? The sounds are way too high quality and I want something to fit the DOS style, I also want to disable the flip the bird mechanic and marines. I swear for every 3 good features in BD there's 1 retarded one.

I'm pretty sure the majority of WADs fall into that category. Off the top of my head, I can think of Doom the Way Id Did and Doom 2 the Way Id Did.

macho man chaingunner is a champ

Is there some kind of Holla Forums recommended list of classic FPS? (fast paced, carry all weapons, no regen health, complex level design, etc)