Top-notch OST

I miss the Layton games.

The puzzlemaster is dead so I doubt we'd get a new one.

wasn't there supposed to be a second movie?

Where have you been? Lady Layton has been confirmed since last July, set to release this year.

#NOTMYLAYTON

FUCK OFF LAYTON, THIS SHIT DOENST REMIND ME OF A PUZZLE

I fucking hate Level 5 despite how much I love everything they make

I hope they go bankrupt once kids start going back to Pokèmon and grow up too mature for YW. Fucking bastards.

I love Layton except for all the slide puzzles. I fucking hate slide puzzles.

Nice love letter to antebellum Europe, Japan, but…

Um…
QUESTION

Where are the people of color? It's not like they can't be professors, too. And don't get me started on the heteronormativity. There are more relationship models than "monogamous marriage", ya know!

Eat shit, cryptobigot.

he's a fucking orange lego you saxophobe

I got that one first time.

she built a new robot dildo i bet

Remember the Yokai Watch fags when it first came out?
top wew. I said it before and I'll say it again: American children don't know what the fuck a "yokai" is and apparently nothing screams cool like a tiny dog with an old guy's face. Now I wonder if they were actually shills.

I remember when the YW fags first started posting on Holla Forums with shit straight out of dumblr, their thread was basically three people with 30+ posts each and a bunch of ones telling them how shit the series was, it kind of went down like the MUGEN one is currently doing, with one fag bumping it with content that is related to that but that does not enrich the thread in any way.
Also at some point they started joining the draw threads asking for people to draw lewds of their ghost characters.
They are not and I would know because I try to shill for Inazumer every once in a while in related threads but understandably no one really knows what I'm talking about other than the animeme and I can't get any good strat conversations going on and I'm assuming they work on the same idea except YW has zero strategy and it's just a poor collect-em-all with "japanese comedy" all over it
But yeah it was really, really stupid of them to even think they'd get a best seller in the west. For cryin' out loud it's literally asking you to know the folklore of an entirely different culture, no fucking way kids would care about it.

Good for you.

TIME FOR STRAIGHT SHOTA

That's not unwound future, so no

3:10 PM

Goofy time

This is one of those times where they should have actually localized the game, autistic screeching retards from weaboos be damned, they're not the ones buying the fucking game.

I fail to see the logic behind this. Why would time affect the amount of money handed out?

I think people got their panties in a twist over every piece of media getting localized instead of flatly translated. I understand that it loses it inherent originality when you port it to some other culture, but the four assholes on Holla Forums that want to laugh at that dope Kabuki reference should just learn nip and import their version. It's unlikely that a company that is making a game targeted at kids won't change stuff for the sake of making it entertaining for them.

I still think things shouldn't be changed because of prudish women or mudslimes though.

The joke is that some puzzles sound impossible by design like the keyboard+chocolate one, except most people lamenting about these never actually played the games or they'd know most puzzles range from piss easy to moderately difficult requiring the kind of moon logic that barely classifies as point and click adventure games logic.

A quarter to two.

Youkai Watch is a game built upon Japanese myths and legends, absolutely nothing would make sense if they just changed everything from Frog and umbrella spirits to western legends. Maybe if the game was made from the beginning to focus on western myths it would be okay.

People should be glad the Layton games don't use old point and click logic. Then you'd get situations where a guy is choking on a key item and you have to find a snake to constrict him so he'll throw it up.

That's why it's the general consensus that Level 5 abandoning their flagship franchise(s) just to try and beat pokèmon with a completely alien audience was a retarded idea. Even the franchises they did port over and had some Japanese elements were still slightly changed to appeal to a specific target audience that would enjoy it.

this guy was fucking Holla Forums before Holla Forums. Though I don't get why do people around him not on the receiving end of his tantrums and beatdowns smile noddingly. He's an asshole for the sake of being one on some instances.

Then change the setting too, it's not unheard of for a jap game to get a massive makeover when being brought in for western markets.

If I'm remembering right, Everett was basically an author self-insert, so maybe he liked the idea of everyone being okay with him beating people up over trivial matters.

I'm just wondering how did anyone read these and think "yes this is totally acceptable human behavior, let's have harty guffaws at these vignettes", but I guess comedy is a transforming medium

Kamigawa also crashed and burned. Feels bad, man.

Although it does make me feel like a special weeb because it's still my favorite block. Normalfags just don't get the REAL Japan.

Why is this thread broken

Kamigawa only failed because it had a really low overall powerlevel and came right after one of the most overpowered sets in mtg history and was followed by two of the most complex. People generally liked the lore from what I can tell though.

You know, I think that kids can like the Yokai and not give a shit about the myths behind them. The issue is how passive YW is. The whole game is based around RNG, from the recruits, to the battles themself. Everything is loaded with RNG. It is frustating. What I dislike the most it is how fucking hard it is to recruit someone, even if you have the best food and the nigger that helps you recruit. Inazuma and LBX are a million times better.
TSUCHINOKO IS CUTE! CUTE!

shoo

Well the real Japan is just a bunch of cucks taking passive aggressive potshots at the American who rule over them, so there's really not much to get. Any ounce of manhood or bravery went with the 2 nukes we dropped.

He's part lego and figma, you insensitive bigot.

HOLY SHIT

Here, let me show you to have some real feels.

being honest I prefer the EU version of that scene.

post puzzles

0, you have a fire right behind you you fucking slut

0, just hairdry the fuck out of it like a frozen caveman plot from a 80's tv show

0, fucking wait goddamn it'll melt on it's own

SUPERIOR TSUCHINOKO COMING THROUGH

The only great game they made is Dark Cloud 2 though.

Real folkloristic Japan is a bunch of hastily cobbled up degenerate stories, real Japanese though are civilized chinks.

I never said anything about their quality, just that they're very popular and comfy.

My only criteria for a good game is the degree to which it allows me to reach through the internet and into a child's room to hurt them.

More puzzles, please.