Shining force thread

So I was curious what the hell happened to this series. It has magic, monsters, and CENTAUR WOMEN. The first game was a traditional RPG "shining in the darkness" while other games in the series afterwards were top down turn based strategy games akin to fire emblem. Most people are probably familiar with the original Shining Force since it came packaged in many SEGA compilation collections. You can find shining in the darkness, shining force 1 and 2 all on steam for the price of a mcdouble and a small drink if you want to try these titles.

There's a many titles that follow throughout SEGA handhelds, the SEGA CD, and SEGA Saturn. I didn't own any of these consoles so a large chunk of the series I was never exposed

The most recent game in the series I played was Shining Soul 2 for the GBA (emulated mind you) which is basically a handheld version of diablo. I never beat the game because it got rather grindy and I had no one to play with :(.

There seems to have been a lot of PSP shining titles that I never bothered with. Many of these titles use action combat or hybrid turn based Valkyrie style combat. The most recent game appears to be shining resonance which actually looks kinda cool but at the same time it's also very weeb looking and it isn't on steam so fuck it.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardcoregaming101.net/feda/feda.htm
girlgames.com/centaur-monster-girl.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shining Force? More like…WHINING HORSE!!!

All you niggers own the first game on Steam so there is no excuse not to play it.

i liked Domingo and Yogurt.

I recall there were some "spin-offs" for the GBA called "Shinning Soul" that were super grindy

Elder God Tier:
Shining Force III

High Tier:
Shining Force

Mid Tier:
Shining Force CD

Low Tier:
Shining Force 2

Shit Tier:
Post-Camelot Shining games

Shit opinions: the post

Gib yours then.

I actually played quite a bit of shining soul 2 but it did get very tedious. For handheld games the dungeons were a time commitment. You really had to dedicate some time to finishing them.

Maybe I just hate certain turn based games but I felt the top down strategy ones were too monotonous. I played the original Shining Force on the dreamcast's SEGA mega collection.

I forget how far I got but I remember I had screwed up somewhere with my team leveling and there was no way to really grind up so I just had a gibbed team. I gave up and didn't feel like starting over.

Shining Force CD is shit tier

dont cut yourself on that edge

How about Shining Force for the SNES? /s

hardcoregaming101.net/feda/feda.htm

SEGA blew off the original devs for the dreamcast and they resigned themselves to making Mario Golf/Tennis games forever. The people who run the series now are thin skinned faggots who think westerners are out to troll them.

Thats it? Thats all you had?

I already did, blood is all over me now.
You're next.

*teleports behind you*

Nothing personal kid.

High tier:
Shining force II
Shining force CD

Mid tier:
Shining force

Low tier:
Shining force II(Game Gear)

Did not finished tier:
Shining force III

and by did not finished, i mean they edited the end of the game to give it the appearance of a happy ending(though they left all the triggers and save compatability intact for the other 3 jap games they were never going to release)

I never knew about this. Pretty funny short lived series from a who in the fuck dev.

Also this is true. Sega continued to shaft Camelot so the brothers who headed it a bunch of other devs left for the welfare state that is nintendo.

Is Holla Forums getting raided? What the fuck is going on?

FEDA is shit. The art looks like shit, the music is boring, the translation is shit and it's somehow less engaging than Shining Force.

What about the best Shining of them all?

The one so great it isn't even a video game?

It's that good. I get to literally have creampies.

Good waifus, but the game was objectively garbage. The creampies were pointless. You just throw in highest tier ingredients. And why would you post that disgusting anime art when there's official Tony art.

I wish Kemono was still handled like the beast races in these games.

DO I HEAR HORSE PUSSY?!

So don't make any changes then, just keep it as furshit?

Hey guys, can I join the thread?

I was going to google something to be a cheeky cunt but then I stumbled across this.

girlgames.com/centaur-monster-girl.html

What the fuck are we looking at here jim?

user, fuck
RUN

I can't look away. Who is the intended audience of this content? I have to dig deeper. There's hints of some very nefarious shit going on here and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it.

Come on' gang it's time to investigate.

We been down that rabbit hole before boy and it involves AI's, indians and youtube.

dude, you are years late
that thing is either the best troll there ever was, a bunch of money hungry Indians, or some sort of Eldritch horror who makes flashgames to mentally scar children

9/10 would yiff if feet were shorter.

I was going to post this long ass thing on 4/1 about Shining Soul II
Ok, let's make a dragonute and pump up durability and dex
Well since tornadoes are cheap as shit might as well use those
What the fuck were they smoking
Well, morph/drain/demon breath dark mage will give me the best of every world!
It really feels like there is no right way to play this game solo.I'm addicted to it, but some parts are just too fucking cheap. The resistance gaining system is particularly bad.