THIS

THIS SOOTHES MY AUTISM

Fuck the sun.

great thread OP.

step it up fam. it was pretty easy minus the ridiculous amount of HP.

git gud

I always get to his 2nd phase but then fuck up since I'm not used to his attacks

Only hit the head once, don't look at his HP bar and focus on dodging his moves.

It'll be over before you know it.

Don't worry, doubles, you'll get him eventually. Try lightning, focus on the head, and don't waste time on the tail because it can't be cut. Don't lock on because he'll bitch slap you around with his claws, and if you decide to stay under him and slash at his legs, then be ready to run when he decides to spit fire at the ground. Alternatively, you can withstand the fire with a decent fire resistant shield (Black Knight Shield works great). Also, if you slash at his hind legs, he'll sometimes try to swipe you with his tail or he'll quickly turn towards you with a sideways swipe of his claws. The tail does incredible damage, so try to avoid it as much as you can. When he concentrates his fire breath into a fucking laser, you need to run as quickly as you can towards him while avoiding the fire on the ground, because the laser will one hit kill you, or do massive damage if you have enough health to tank it. The laser always moves from his right to his left, so try to run towards his right side and toward his hind legs. When he rises up and tries to smash you with his right fist, he's vulnerable for a second after the animation is over, so you have time to land a few attacks on his head after you dodge his attack. When he's ready to lunge at you, he poises his body low to the ground, and that's your indication to get out of the way. You can roll through his lunges if you time it right, but they do a lot of damage, so it's better to avoid completely. Sometimes he'll do the lunge attack even though you're right underneath him, so try to get close enough so that you can slash at his hind legs, but don't stay underneath him all the time. When you get his health to about half, he'll start doing humanity projectiles and this AOE attack. They're both pretty easy to avoid. Sometimes he'll do this special laser attack where he charges his fire breath and releases the laser in a sporadic pattern. He'll jump away from you to the other side of the area; when you see him charging it, start sprinting towards him, and try to get directly underneath him. If you stay right underneath him, you'll safest, but you may miss an opportunity to do a critical attack if you're too slow to reach his head when he gets tired and falls to the ground.

The rest of his attacks are easy enough to avoid; When he flies into the air and tries to breathe fire at you, you can run to his right in order to avoid the fire completely, you can use a fire resistant shield to block it, or if you time it right you can avoid the fire completely by rolling into it. The fire will appear in a claw like pattern, so you can safely stay between the "claw marks". He tries to rampage at you from across the room, and he'll do his autistic screeching and breathe fire; just wait until he's close to you then roll underneath him, but watch out for his forearm. When he tries to bite you, he'll screech at you when he's near you and lunge forward. It's easy to dodge, just roll underneath him.

If you're a faith character, you should just get a lightning weapon of your choice and use that, because using buffs like Lightning Blade in the heat of battle can be a pain in the ass. If there were ever a good time to try using the Gold Pine Bundle, it'd be during this fight. He's got a lot of HP, but his attacks are easy to avoid once you learn his patterns.

That last one is what makes me more mad. The good news is NONE of them can fight, the only thing they do is spam r1r1r1r1r1r1r1r1, or mouse 1. I used to be muh honorable pvp fag, no estus, no phantoms final destination.
But now I'm chuggin estus and hiding behind enemies like a premium shitter.
Once in a while I'll get a guy who will chug all his estus and bow, then I be nice.

I miss the early days of DeS before this mindset took root. They're just trying to get to the boss. You're there to kill them and force them to start from the beginning of the level because you get some stuff for doing it. How the fuck did you start with this understanding and end up with the idea that everyone should bow and not use rude tactics like healing and summoning?

Fags. When I invade I try to fuck with the player as much as I can before finally killing them.

Because autists who pushed the honorable fighting ended up becoming the majority. It's to the point where invaders will go after other invaders who try to kill the host because 'muh fight clubs'. That and the fact that invaders are usually outnumbered because the host has 2 summons and throws on Way of Blue to get another person to fight the (usually) single invader. I much prefer to just wander around and do stupid shit before I try to fight them, but I've noticed that even when using the white stone as a Mound Maker that they would rather just do PVP.

No idea, other dudes wait for me. So I just started doing it back.
I feel so free now.

You get nothing if they get to the boss so why take the chance of summoning a moundmaker? Wasted opportunity, you should get one if they make it, or you kill someone.

STOP MAKING HIM SPIN ASSHOLE

I wish they had made it to where Mound Makers could actually fight the boss or at least made it worthwhile as something other than another pvp covenant. The entire logic behind the covenants in 3 is fucking shit. Why make 2 covs that are area defense when one is at a crossroads where you'll see a lot of high level story driven content while the other has you in the area for all of 40 seconds if you know where to go, and then make 2 covs that are anti-invasion when they share the same pool of people they're trying to defend and make it optional for people to even be in the pool? It really feels like they saw what people liked in the previous games and tried to implement it without understanding why people liked it.

I know, its buttfuck retarded. Instead of making the Darkmoon cov invade those who have invaded, they just made them those other guys who come if you need help. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Maybe they thought that invasions would be these big huge fights between phantoms, mound makers, and red phantoms? I don't know, its dumb. Like you said, got forbid you went watchdog. OH I HAVE A GREAT IDEA, WE WILL PUT THE AREA INVASION COV IN A APLACE THEY EVERYONE RUNS THOUGH AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.
In DaS the area was big enough that you had to spend a little time in it, but you had room to run, and you could pick up a summon, better work fast though because hunters will keep spawning.
2 had 2 areas they could be spawned in with one being optional. Nice, pain in the ass but nice.
I wish the blue phantoms got a big health reduction or something.
Mound makers should have had 3 win conditions. Get the fag to the boss, kill any phantom, kill the host. For extra shenanigans, they should have been red phantom summon able. But that might have been to much.

I've heard a lot of fags talk about how thier skull knight builds/cosplays are complete now. Can someone post their's?

I do a lot of low level invading in the Undead Settlement and the thing I find most mind boggling is what lengths most people will go to in order to avoid dying, even if they are right next to the fucking bonfire. The typical invasion goes something like this:
This exact scenario is what happens probably a solid quarter of the time. And a blue comes in probably half the time.
Honor was never an option.

Did I run into a fight club?

I'm too fucking lazy to make some webms now right, but it's a shame it took From the last Souls game they'll do for now to really hit their groove on presenting the boss fights. A lot of the cutscenes that play halfway through a fight are very sexy at setting up the second phase, especially when combined with the evolving music.

It pleases my boss fight fetish.

This sounds glorious. Both the host and the red wouldn't exactly know which side the mound maker is on until the host gets near the boss door. It really could have created the chaos the mound makers initially were supposed to represent.

I dont do PVP to get stuff I do PVP to fight players, and 1v1 fox only no estus is pretty darn fun, but if they have a phantom or heal I will even the playing field by reciprocating.
if I am doing something like forst invading I will play with no regard for honor because I dont expect it from those I invade there.

I spend about thirty seconds in forest unless I am there for pvp, I run past the NPC forest protectors since they are blatantly not worth their soul payouts and just run to sif, its very fast

there is usually heavy activity in burg, good luck summoning for capra though.

Burg was pretty fucking dead until now and I played all day.

I had to wait for over 30 minutes in order to get someone to help me, guy afterwards summoned me and it was some fine communicationless co-op shit.

I've got DSCM running and I think I'm getting even more signs.

DSCM connects to everyone who's also using DSCM, on top of all the people you connect to in the game.

Its this weird pack mentality, I see it with bosses online too. Everyone just smacks away forgetting that they have to fight for themselves as well. If I can single out the host, which I've been getting better at, I can usually kill them one on one pretty easy if I don't try to be flashy about it. Boy do they try to run though, its hilarious.
Reminded me of this one guy I chased around anor londo is DaS 1 for like 10 minutes. I eventually cornered him but dropped a humanity and dark crystaled out. I can appreciate that dedication to cowardice.

I've managed to handle almost everything in this whole series by myself but this cunt had me on the verge of a mental breakdown. I don't even get to be salty because the whole thing is so utterly unenjoyable, like a compilation of everything that is wrong with boss fights in the series - giant aoes, wonky hitboxes, absurdly huge HP, camera bullshit, chimp outs, you need specific weapons with a certain attack arc and speed or forget about ever landing a hit etc. Miyazaki realized there was one accolade he was missing, that of "Most Cancerous Boss Fight in the Series" and he simply had to have it (sorry, King's Pets).
After two days of utter misery, it's done. I don't feel any joy or sense of accomplishment. I'm just glad I'm never doing that shit again. Then again, fuck me for having my file on NG++ and for using a DEX build. All this shit to get Shira's set…which there's nothing in it that's worth using.
Then I picked my pyromancer and soloed him in two tries because Pestilent Mercury completely tears his ass apart. So now I'm camping there, leaving my sign for others to gas that motherfucker.

Side note, the katana you make from his soul might be broken with a DEX/Luck build.

Test?

mah nigga

protip, block everything but the dark attacks and his easily dodgeable swipe attacks with a black knight shield, and beat the everloving fuck out of his head.

block in the direction of his face always, except for the fire attack. the fire attack is always a 2 hit attack, so only let your guard down when the fire fucks off or youve heard that second clang.

the weed ring +3 makes this a fuck load easier, because it actually significantly improves stamina regen now.

m8, dex is fine for fighting mir, str is actually really bad for fighting him though because most str weapons are slow as fuck so theres a good chance youll miss your hit some times and get smacked in the face, because you just cant connect the hits fast enough to take advantage of his downtime between attacks.

also, this is a fight best done solo, phantoms are a complete fucking hindrance most of the time.

It's not like I wanted to be a cock block or anything.

Why though. Darkmoon gets a really good miracle, as well as the ability to invade people who are a lower level. Do they exclusively invade only when a another character is invaded now?

After the shit I've been through, it's my god given right to bully this asshole with cheese tactics. GAS THE DRAGONS! GOD WARS NOW!

I think any build is fucked in that department. You can't even get a couple of freebies on his tail because the asshole phases it through the floor.
I also fought him with a STR build (Millwood Axe), trying to apply what I learned from that video I posted, went really well then he gets down to half HP, flies to the ass end of the area and one shots me from full health with a laser.

Depends. A competent companion works wonders, especially if you have trouble having the laser show entirely focused on you. IMO if you want help in these games, only one person is best. More is a huge gamble; the boss gets too much HP and if it's someone with a erratic move set, not knowing who he's focusing on, makes him even more unpredictable. Gael's a perfect example of this.

Speaking of Gael, I was surprised at how "manageable" he is. Soloed him with my 3 builds and with my STR build it was almost easy. His final phase has a lot of flashiness but is very predictable given he has a small move set and tends to repeat the same sequence of 2 or 3 moves over and over again. All that chinese girl cartoon shit aside, he's got nothing on Friede.

And fuck that goddamned Church covenant. Stop dragging me into your shit, assholes!
If you lay a sign without a covenant, there's a chance you'll be a Church of the Spear.

I fucking wrecked the Demon Prince. Second attempt on my Dex Weebshit Katana Bleed build.

Also, were you meant to kill that asshole who spawns the Phatom Archers on that bridge area right when you get to the Ringed City ? Because I killed that asshole after he made me lose my souls.

dont chase the tail, its too inconsistent in its position and you do fuck all damage. tank it out with a high stability, high fire resistance shield, and exclusively attack his face.

keeping him focused on you also means keeping him under your control, having him switch targets to and fro will have you taking hits you otherwise would have avoided because you started your action while he was occupied with the summon, and he switched targets.

honestly, Gaels biggest flaw comes with diving your attention too many times. all 4 of his different attacks can activate while you are unable to respond to them all, i once died to him firing his dark magic at me while his crossbow bolts came in from above, which was immediately followed up by a jumping slam and a lightning attack. i cant keep track of the floor, the sky, and the region between all at the same time with the attention to detail required to spot the right times to roll and block.

thats pretty bullshit tbh.

Darkmoons are dead because they're just another flavor of Blue Sentinels. Their activity depends on hosts who 1) get invaded, 2) don't have the maximum number of phantoms in their world, 3) who actively decided to be members of Way of Blue covenant, and all of this depends on reds actively engaging in invasions. Since invasions are so one sided in the hosts favor, the number of invasions has likely dropped significantly when compared to previous games, and even more so when you consider that people like to do the whole "fight club" thing these days.

Yeah, he respawns every time you go back there. He always spawns the phantoms, too. He's just a normal enemy.

Use Pestilent Mercury

Roll BACKWARDS away from Midir, don't roll into him. The camera goes nuts when you're below him, so you can't see his moves. His downward fire breath is ridiculous to avoid, as are his swipes.
A fire shield helps avoid damage when he does breathe at you. Artorias weapons deal extra damage to him, since he counts as an abyssal monster, but anything hard hitting will do.

I spent about 2 hours banging my head against a wall until I figured this shit out, then the fight became easy as fuck.

Or just use Pestilent Mercury because nothing in Ringed City is scaled properly for NG+

what is this, casual town?

I don't use faggot-ass magicks.

yes

They did it. They trashed the game. They listened to every complain made by burgerkids that couldn't kick shields, that got pissed because they got parried, that got pissed when they got caught by the same fucking 5 years old spells. And they killed the game.
I remember back then, i played dark souls 6 months after the release of arthorias dlc. I have never played against the same people twice. I have seen all kind of roleplays and builds. The only abused things where moonlight greatsword and wrath of gods, but even those weren't too common.
Now, two weaks since the release of the last dlc, there is nobody online. I played against the same cancer over and over. The cancer changes if you change covenant or map, but the builds are always the same.
Dark souls 3 isn't the last title because they got tired or there isn't anything else to say. It's the last because nobody would dig dark souls 4. And with good reason.
6/10

Beat him while Holla Forums was down for a few days, used Astora GS, Elite set, and Dragon Crest. Felt great finally taking him down after he goes autistic during the last 10% of his health

also
what was her problem?

Her problem is that she's dead.

Autistic God genes gave her autism.

But why does she hold the egg?

She always wanted a pet dragon.

All his shit is so easy to dodge, he stays more or less still. I wouldn't even attempt it any other way

This needs to be an animation user.

Post your character.

She held the Dark Soul in some fucking egg. This egg allowed her to consume its power and sustain her life for a prolonged period of time. This process was rationalized by her followers; they came to the conclusion that she was staving off the Age of Dark and prolonging the Age of Fire by concealing the Dark Soul and preventing it from being led into the hands of those who would abuse it. That's why Shira says, "She lays by the fire, all for the sake of man". They failed to realize, however, that she was abusing its power to preserve an Age of Fire that has already gone on far longer than it should have, in order to keep herself alive, even after her subjects have all gone mad and her kingdom has fallen to ruin.

The white-faced locusts are manifestations of the Abyss, and they began to appear in the Ringed City in an attempt to persuade the humans who resided there to, "embrace the Dark, and let the feast begin" or basically try and find someone to wrest the Dark Soul from Filinaore's hands and usher in an Age of Dark. In response, Filinaore's Guard, the Ringed Knights, their apostles and the ancient dragon Midir, occupied the city and actively hunted any dissenters that would seek an audience with Filianore. The city lay for generations like this until all of its citizenry, the Ringed Knights, Midir, the apostles, and Filianore herself, began to go Hollow. Shira, the last of Filinaore's subjects who has not yet succumbed to the curse, asks you to kill Midir, who is in a state of Hollowification, before he can go on a rampage and destroy the last of the city, and possibly Filianore herself.

The Ringed City exists on a corporeal plane, and not inside the painting as some faggots would suggest. It was originally the Kingdom of Pygmies, and its location has been uprooted by the power of the Dark Soul and the Abyss, in an attempt to, "bring all the worlds together at the center" and ultimately destroy and recreate the entirety of the universe. This explains why fragments of Majula's Harvest Valley exists in the space just outside of Lothric.

Somehow, Slave Knight Gael learned about the Dark Soul and the Ringed City, and traveled to the city. He wanted to go there and acquire the Dark Soul to provide his niece with a substantive inkwell with which she could paint a, "cold, dark, and very comforting home", but he was consumed and corrupted by its power when he tried to take it from Filianore. When you defeat Gael, you receive the Blood of the Dark Soul, which can be viewed as a mixture of its power and Gael's physical remnants. With his defeat, and Filianore's death, you are free to choose the fate of the world. Will you give Gael's niece the paint that she desires, so that she may create a painting and a world of her own that can replace the rotted Painting of Ariandel, or will you keep the Blood of the Dark Soul for yourself and hopefully learn to unlock its power?

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY A GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME THEORY

now give me 80,000 dollars on my Patreon, bitch.

working on this atm
gonna work my way up to a 99 dex with no oter stats build

Nice job, user

Givin' 'em the spicy fist.

I got some items dropped from a friend. The dark hand actually fucking sucks shit.

Yeah, niggers need to double the animation speed, and maybe it would have a use.

It's mostly the range that's abysmal. It does really good damage in PvE early on but in PvP you will not hit anyone with it. That's a problem all fist weapons have though.
At least the soul succ WA got a poise buff, so you have a better chance of landing it.

I try to stay in front of it in mid range but sometimes I end up behind it or flanking it because of his chimp outs and fire breaths and try to take the opportunity to get a couple of free swings.

Level up your Insight. :^)
It's tricky but I noticed that as with the Orphan, circling to your right completely avoids his somersault moves, including the crossbow fire.

Side note, Gael goes hollow in his 2nd phase. Dark weapons do less damage and the Hollowslayer gets a little boost.

Weapons I see the most are by far the paired UGSs and the Dragonslayer Axe.

Being a shitty character with no reason to exist, almost as bad as Yorshka. I as expecting her to be the painter's mother.
First the furtive pygmy is "so easily forgotten" and now they're getting crowned, Anor Londo-scaled cities, conscripted to the dragon wars and getting a kid of Gwyn as a hostage.

Midr was pretty easy, just hang out under his ass, bait out his fire breath, and while he's doing that run to the end of his tail and wack it once or twice.
He'll then do a tail swipe which will always miss, and you can run towards him doing an attack on his head as you run past under him again.
Just had medium armour and Profaned Greatsword equipped with no shield, and the solution to most of his attacks is to roll forward to get under him.
Still a horrible fight if you try to lock onto him too much, and because of camera clipping issues.

Also, I don't udnerstand the new Church covenant. The only reason you'd join is if you wanted to get your ass beat by 3-4 other players.

I'm glad this is the final piece of content.
I'll really miss the series, but FROM doesn't seem to learn from their mistakes and it's getting less and less forgiveable as time goes on.

Dragonoid main.
Though started this one for dexfagging.

How do I deal with save editing scrubs in DaS? The Burchs sit through 99 divine blessings.

Can I run CE without getting b& by Steam? I want to rediscover the lost art of weapon 2HR2 attacks editing.

Apparently the DaS3 base game is 50% off, once the GOTY edition releases (I think it's called the fire fades edition) will I be able to upgrade to it from the base game? how will that work?

yeah DaS1 has no anticheat at all :^)

Dark souls is the soul of human. She was just in some magical bullshit illusion sleep. And whole ringed city was in her dream/illusion projected by her.
And Kaathe was telling mostly truth which is surprising. Gods are dicks and branded humans to fire. Whole darksign and reborn at bonfires are their doing.
And the main world of dark souls is not synonymous with "prime material plane". Dreams, memories and painting are just as real as the regular world. May be even more real with time. Prime world was born from the world of dragons, which was invaded by fire and "lords" and humans(from abyss). But may be lords are just different tribe of humans.
And this world started to rot with cycles of linking of the fire. Dark lord means ruling this fucked world, linking of fire means fucking the fucked world.

Forgotten as in "scrubbed from every book and shipped to the end of the world with no return policy". But it probably was an asspull to explain darksign and couple of other things.

You cant be banned in ds1.

Have there been any performance updates since release? I pirated release to see how it runs and it ran like shit, almost unplayable.

I have a question. In DaS3 what is the build/weapons that are the most infuriating for other players?

If you're running melee, you're most likely doing 40/40 str-dex with a refined weapon because it's the only thing that's really viable, but bleed will shit on virtually every boss. Did you miss the time when straight swords had hitboxes 3 times the size of the sword?

I have not played yet, and probably will never play since I don't have a PS4. I just wanted a reference. I don't want to win necessarily, I just want to make the host wish he had never been born.

Practically everyone uses the same 3 pyromancies, and miracles are useless.

Why the fuck would you need a PS4 to play DaS3?

Oh no, Force is the BEST way to deal with gank squad faggots trying to corner you.
With the right timing and that talisman skill that gives you poise while you cast, you can escape pretty easily.

Also blessed weapon is a seriously underrated weapon buff.

I will never ever buy anything from steam, don't know if their is a crack yet.

But what will piss them off? checked.

The best part is since everyone goes for backstabs still, you can run off, then bait people into backstabbing you then cast it and turn around at the right moment.

the very definition of contrarian

Fuck if I know. You could just heal and throw consumables that deal damage at them I guess?

I'm a greatsword or sword/shield autist and never cast anything other than heals.

Not even tears of denial?
Also spook is a pretty underrated sorcery, and chameleon is the best for setting traps and ambushing hosts that need 3 fucking phantoms to carry them through an area. Also black fire bombs are great to use, they don't do much damage, but if you throw them at your feet or learn how to free-aim toss them you can stagger tons of phantoms when you invade. Hunter's talismans are a must if you invade.

bumping this question.

Nope. Maybe if I'm feeling special I'll grab some of the entry level pyromancies, but that's extremely rare. Being a generic knight is too much fun.

Oh look, a fucking retard

Are you fucking niggers just going to ignore where I said I will never buy a PS4.

Lightning Blade is a pretty decent miracle, if you have the FP for it. If you have 25 points in FTH you can equip the Priestess Ring so you can get +5 extra points, which is just enough to cast the buff. You can also use the Ring of the Sun's Firstborn + Lightning Clutch Ring to get a decent damage increase, then further boost that with Power Within + Pontiff's Right Eye.

Yeah, post launch patches made performance much better.
Performance issues were mostly on Ultra anyway for the retards who actually fall for 500 dollar vidya cards.

There is a cracked version. Pirate it.

A lot of loyalty being the daughter of Gwyn

Nigger, pirate the fucking game, its as easy as that.
Its the whole reason why the platform is still decent, you don't have to take shit from kike publishers.

What the fuck?
I'm pretty sure the correct spelling of the title was "Baine" when these books came out.

great
feel bad man, the game ran at a stuttery 30 fps at lowest in the cathedral for me.
guess I'll have to use hacks to get custom low resolutions and play on my old CRT to pretend the shit resolution is nostalgic.

That's more like it. For a minute there I thought you were doing it for free.

No nigger, overall the performance is much better.
Just saying that most complaints were from Ultrafags with TurboRigs who though a rushed console port would work 100% perfectly at launch.

Overall in pretty much all presets shits better optimized.

Being a SteamBurch is as bad as being a
consolefag.

first game goes on %50 sale and now this, this is a really good day.

Well it's a good thing I'm neither isn't it.

Lmao, also, Bloodborne is now officially tied to Dark Souls isnt it ?
That second phase can't just be a coincidence, he is fighting in the same manner as a hunter. Weapon with a projectile off hand, the emphasis on blood, he ate humans and became beast like….

May as well say Dark Souls is now officially tied to Demon's Souls because the Storm Ruler shows up for no fucking reason. DaS3 has no identity of its own and rehashes stuff from the previous games without any forethought, no need to read deeper into it

Yep

That's like saying all the games are connected because the MGS shows up for no reason

Could be true. The game does feel like its just ideas from all their other games just stuffed back into it.

Guys, I'm a pyromancer build and have been dying nonstop to Demon Prince. Am I fucked? Is respec my only hope?

Where the strugglers at

I had one guy fight me like 3 times and he was constantly trying underhanded shit and I kept smacking him up. The only times I've lost is when the fags go straight for the guardian and then some asshole spams me with crystal soul spear for 30 percent of my health. The fact that I can't heal makes sense, but I should have boss health; I would prefer that to having two shitty healing guardians. Also I feel like everyone just suddenly stopped fighting that boss, because I never get summoned anymore, is it because I went to NG+?

Either the paired UGSs because everyone and their ashen mom uses those or the door shields because those leave people kinda flustered.

What's your FTH? If you've enough for Dorhys Gnawing, use that. Likewise for Midir with Pestilent Mercury.

After beating the DLC, respec'd my paladin to use Morne's GH (less FTH for more HP and weight). Took a while but I'm starting to have fun with this. got tired of co-op at Gael so now I'm helping folks with Friede. For that particular fight, a support with this kind of weapon just tears her apart.

Paired Greatswords.

The second a player sees you using those, they instantly alt-f4 and send you a heated message.

Well once you get the hang of it, the fight is pretty straightforward. Second phase you just hug him and time the dodges because his range becomes insane. Just don't get aggressive and chip away if and only if you can do it safely because aggression is punished.
Also why don't we ever visit that Tower ? Or the Sable Church of Londor ? Or Londor itself for that matter ? Also, the Ringed City is confusing as shit from a lore perspective, this City that has Gywns stamp of a approval on it and we never heard jack shit about it till now. Not to mention all the implications of what the fuck just happened, when it took place, what the fuck Gael is, what the "Blood of the Dark Soul" is….

Fuck, this DLC leaves more questions than answers. Aesthetically though this DLC is top notch. And gameplay wise is was pretty fun. The bosses aren't half bad either. Gael is pretty awesome, even if he he does play like some sort of Orphan of Kos/Artorias hybrid. I have yet to seen Midir, so my opinion could change.
Overall, I enjoyed it, even if the lore is an even bigger clusterfuck now.

nigger what
I know Morne's doesn't scale with faith, but you can't rightly be a paladin without a good faith stat, otherwise you're just a knight.
Honestly I want to try out the dark equivalent of a paladin, which would be a proper skull knight; Dark wraith set, 18 dex/str, 50 fai/int, hex buffs, magic denial, tears of faggots, etc. I really like this eagle kite shield and having a straightsword to pair it with, even though SS is overpowered; I've always liked sword and board knight.

Dorhys' Gnawing? I was under the impression it was not susceptible to Bleed. I also don't know what's a good talisman to use, I've temporarily switched to a Crystal Chime in order to cast Magic Weapon, cause it's what showed the highest mag adj, but I'm unsure what's best.

I saw someone using a greatsword to great effect in a video posted here. They seem to be extremely powerful due to range, and the ability to trigger a riposte animation once you hit their shield enough, but why use two?

I think Miyazaki went a little bit too far with the "story has to be figured out by fans" thing.
I mean how many mysteries are left in DaS1?
I think the only big one is what is an era of Dark supposed to entail.
we know what happened to new Londo and Oolacile, we know the curse of the undead and why it exists, we even know what happened to the pygmy (and if you try to bullshit me and say the pygmy lord is the same person as the furtive pygmy you're full of shit, the furtive pygmy is Manus, the title of primeval man has no other reasonable interpretation), etc. most mysteries are small stuff like who is so and so, where did Chester come from, etc.

I thought it was a cycle Age of fire= Rule by Gods, Age of Dark= Rule by Man, and then possibly an age of dragons which would have been before the age of fire.

Because FROM buffed the fuck out of the UGS class in the last patch, making them nearly OP. The Paired Greatswords have a monstrous R1, and it 2-3 shots nearly every player.

It's basically the new Dark Sword. If you see someone using it, your only chance of winning is to keep range and poke them to death. You can also safely assume that said player is shit, and expect lots of R1/L1 spam.

yeah but whenever people let humanity run wild things go to shit, both in Oolacile and then in the exact same place years later in New Londo.

I was using a paladin with 50 STR / 45 FTH, lowered FTH to 30 (requisite for Morne's) and also lowered ATT significantly to put those points into VIT, HP and Stamina. And I still need Prisoner's Chain to not have to fatroll.
It's just to fuck around with this weapon. I'll likely go back to 45 FTH and make the Great Axe my main weapon (it's about 8 units lighter than Morne's and stronger).

Dorhys wikia notes:
This spell's initial impact deals dark damage, and as such will be slightly more powerful when cast with the Sunless Talisman or Caitha's Chime with high Intelligence and Faith.
When cast with any other talisman or chime on a character with high Faith and no Intelligence, this spell will deal only 30-50 less damage.
This spell causes 210 points of bleed buildup per hit, and will almost always trigger bleed against weaker enemies or unarmored enemy players. The bleed buildup and damage are not based on Intelligence or Faith.
Shoots 2 insect swarms compared to Gnaw's 1 insect swarm making it larger and harder to dodge
The Luck stat doesn't affect the bleed build-up.
Certain bleed-weak enemies will take large amounts of damage from this spell due to the bleed effect triggering on every hit, most notably the Sulyvahn's Beasts guarding the Aldrich Faithful covenant.
Sped up in regulation 1.08

Prince takes about 3 shots to trigger bleed.

Just tried a couple of co-op sessions at Nameless King before calling it a night. Compared to those sped-up cartoons in the DLC, he feels like a basic bitch tutorial boss.

remember that feeling of closure when you beat Dark Souls and either perpetuated the Age of Fire or initiated the Age of Dark?
It'd be real nice to go back to that.

I don't think the intention was ever to answer everything, since that sense of mystery is what helped make Dark Souls 1 such a success

I thought there was some speculation that 2 takes place after 3?

The months after DaS 3 came out, Miyazaki was quoted as saying there would be three, then quickly redacted it.

Well seeing as how the Earthen Peak is in ruins in the Ringed City, that's clearly not true.

What questions were even answered

there wasn't really that much mystery (or at least unexplained, important plot details) in the original Dark souls, beyond what happened after the game. Everything that wasn't answered wasn't really important enough to know. In Dark Souls 2 that all went belly-up when the basic laws of the universe completely changed, also retconning the player's choice to mean nothing. I think the biggest and most important unanswered question at the end of DS1 was the nature and relationship between the Abyss, the Dark Soul, humanity, and the pygmies. That shit didn't get elaborated on until THE LAST FUCKING DLC and even then it still didn't keep on DS1's promise that the Abyss would consume the world if not kept at bay, making the entire conflict throughout the series utterly pointless.

There were plenty of things from DS1 that didn't need to be elaborated on but still could have been in the sequel, like the primordial serpents, the occult that was implied to have been planning a revolt against the gods pretty much ANYTHING revolving around the Abyss, the Dark Soul, or the pygmies. and yet instead both games just dropped the urgency and motivation of DS1 by saying "lol it's a cycle" so they could recycle the "gather the souls and link the flame" plot 2 more times.

They act like the Dark Soul is some elusive, unattainable treasure when in DS1 the whole problem was that it was spreading out of control across all of humanity, causing the fire to fade and the abyss to be created and expand. Y'know, the entire conflict of the first game?

fromsoft does not know what they are doing at all anymore.

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't any primordial serpent content in the new DLC save for the statues in the Ringed City, not as like a boss fight or anything but just no mention or appearance of them aside from a cameo

>Get killed by the npc sorcerer because I thought I had the magic resist shield you get from undead asylum had the fire resist one
>Ye.

Because dark soul was shattered and everyone get a piece.
Because they fought the dragons and Gwyn wanted to keep them out of the world.
Because they are hollows and dont have neither souls nor blood. The same reason you cant use random hollows to put their souls in lordvessel.
Because they dont have any blood left.
He did tried to eat you.
Because his quest was to find original pigmy blood, not your dark soul.
Because its retarded.
Not it was not. Have you even played the game? Are you fucking retarded?

tbh the end to the DLC came off as one big "fuck you", pawned off with "the world began without knowledge, and without knowledge will it end".

I never got indicted while invading fools with my BKGS and heavy armor in Anor Londo, except for plebs that were either bringing phantoms or sorcery spamming scrubs, so I was pretty happy whenever someone would indict me.

I have an SL1 and he has several hundred indictments. It's hilarious how mad people get at him, I fight 60+ to 120's also not low levels.

Agreed, after their appearance and implications in the main game as the messengers who steered the royal family I was really hoping to see Frampt or Kaathe.
Fuck, I was seriously hoping for a REAL LONDOR EXPERIENCE but I didn't get that either. Feels bad man

but the dark soul was already in pieces, there would be no reason for a lord because everyone got dark souls, there would be no distinction.
but DS1 and 2 established that mankind has been walking around on the world for as long as the gods have, and they were never sealed away
hollows in DS1 still had humanity
dark wraiths are also full of humanity
the fact that they are just roaming about in the swamp is fucking retarded because they were one of the biggest problems in DS1 for humans
you can't do that because the lord vessel requires souls of the lords, which was everyone minus the humans because gwyn didn't like the dark soul, since it was the opposite of his lord soul. It has nothing to do with the fact that hollows don't have souls.
that doesn't answer anything, why would blood have anything to do with humanity? You could be hollowed to shit and still harbor humanity.
you can manage the lord vessel without killing manus, you fucking retard, the lordvessel was designed without humanity's soul in mind
but why though
but that's what he said
he said it quite clearly that he was looking for the dark soul like it was some hidden thing when the abyss is composed of just that.
I don't get where the blood thing comes from, since most hollows in any of the DS games bleed
his literal actual explicit fucking end goal was to get a dark soul so he could bleed a little dark soul blood and use that to paint a fucking picture with his niece. You dense fucking nigger.

Warriors of Sunlight and Aldrich Faithful work perfectly fine as is and don't need to be changed, and I honestly don't know how you'd fix Mound Makers. As for the rest, this is how I'd fix them:

Rosaria's Fingers: You can trade in your tongues for useful resources/consumables/prizes/equips. Get a tongue, trade it in for five weapon buffs, titanite, etc so that invading is actually a better way to earn resources than grinding enemies.

Way of Blue: Works the same, but you get it at the start of the game and told to put it on in the tutorial (optional obviously, but encourages people to have it on).

Blue Sentinels: Works the same, but you can hand rewards in to some NPC and get benefits in the same way Fingers can.

Farron Watchdogs: They now protect all of Farron - but there's no real way to fix them without adding some kind of optional, late or mid-game boss to the area.

Blade of the Darkmoon: No longer exactly the same as the Blue Sentinels. Instead, they get a blue eye orb and can invade the worlds of players who invade others. Only one of them will invade at a time (another one allowed with every phantom), but otherwise they invade as if the red had used a dried finger, and tend to have a slight level advantage over the host.

Because he was on a fucking quest to bring fucking blood, you moron.
Because its not a fucking lordvessel this time. And painting was based on human soul this time.
After he consumed a lot of human lords and turned into a monster. HE WAS LOOKING FOR A FUCKING BLOOD OF DARK SOUL ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED ITS WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS WHOLE TIME IT WAS HIS FUCKING QUEST TO BRING BLOOD TO MAKE A PAINTING BUT THEY HAD NO BLOOD IN THEM SO HE EAT THEM AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THEIR BLOOD.

YOU FUCKING RETARD. HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THIS?

When Gael came upon the pygmy lords, he discovered that their blood had long ago dried, and so consumed the dark soul.

HAVE YOU PLAYED THE FUCKING GAME OR NOT?

Stop shifting blame, Miyazaki-San.

but humanity all has parts of the dark soul
I have no idea what this even means
you're a big faggot.

It's too late mate. Dark souls shitty covenants are final. Perfect covenants for a 6/10 game.
t. Gravelord servant

It's well known in the industry that americans are the ones that cannot stand losing, that have short patience and crave flashy things. The main reason of the dumb down trend is burger kids, devs themselves say so.

I can barely hear your jealousy of Clapistan over the mobile games and easy modes.

Paintings are made with blood, the blood the painter is going to use to make a new painting is the blood of the dark soul.

What's interesting in all of this is the implication that nearly everyone's humanity in current and end times is either depleted or dried. The biggest concentration of humanity left is contained by the pygmy lords but is unfit to be used as pigment for the painting so Gael consumes the pygmies with the dark soul to sacrifice his own blood for the painting however the dark soul can easily corrupt a vessel like Gael so his sacrifice is not without a fight.

except that explicitly contradicts the first game where the decline of the gods AKA the light soul was inversely related to the Dark Soul AKA humanity, and as humanity and the abyss expanded out of control it made the fire fade.
Everything past the ending of DS1 has made no logical sense both within their respective games and in comparison to the other games.

Source: your ass
Also inventing term "light soul" just because it suits your idea is poor taste. Abyss was out of control a few times before and it was solved by flooding it or just murdering everyone. And there was no problem with abyss at 3rd game either. But hey. if you define abyss as "dark soul" and "burning gwyn to undead" as "abyss caused it" and invent "light soul" just because why not, and invent conflict of dark and light soul than it might make sense. And running out of control means few dickwraths and one snake hanging around. So that is what caused gwyn to burn to the corpse state and forced him to burn himself! Also apparently fire equals light soul.

All souls are flames numb nuts, of course they're all related.

Also no, humanity expanding out of control has nothing to do with making the fire fade, the first flame requires flames like the dark soul to keep on burning and repeat cycles when the fire fades. Humanity going out of control is to do with the properties of humanity (to summarize it can corrode, consume, eat at your essence). This is why Gwyn feared it because of how unstable the humanity soul is as we see happen multiple times in the series. When it becomes volatile it's incredibly destructive.

I did not say what you've highlighted there user.

Not really. Most of problems come from the fact that world is fucked by lighting the fire over and over.
The fuck?

nigger what the fuck are you talking about
There were four lord souls, The light soul (gwyn's), the death soul (nito's), the life soul (the with of Izalith's), and the Dark soul (the furtive pygmy's/mankind's).
The entire conflict of the first game is that the age of fire is coming to an end, which will give way to an age of dark. Your choice is whether or not you want the age of dark to happen. The Undead Curse was a result of the waning of the fire, and signified the beginnings of the age of dark. It was never implied to be a "cycle".
The reason the abyss was never a problem in the other two games is because they completely retconned the entire point of the first game and basically said "fuck you, your choice never mattered, in fact you might as well have never linked the fire because the age of fire wasn't going to end forever anyway.

what expands when the fire fades? the dark.
what is humanity? the dark soul.
It's not fucking rocket science, you moron.

Nah you're not understanding how the age of fire works. It's in constant decline even though there are cycles. Those cycles are getting smaller and smaller much like how star formation in our own real universe behaves which will eventually lead to the heat death of the universe.

As for the human soul being unstable, there is confirmation of this.

Soul of Manus, Father of the Abyss.
This extraordinary soul is a viscous,
lukewarm lump of gentle humanity.

Ancient Manus was clearly once human.
But he became the Father of the Abyss
after his humanity went wild, eternally
seeking his precious broken pendant.

The painter also says.

"A dark and gentle place"

Unless gentle has been a mistranslation or misunderstood it's fair to say that the dark soul can be in these two states.

I assume emotions like obsession and desire are triggers for humanity for going out of control as words like these are referenced with items that have dark properties.

Just because the other lords souls have been burnt out faster doesn't mean the dark soul has expanded. This is why we have human dregs instead of humanity because the dark soul is nearly all gone.

if the fire is fading, meaning the age of fire and light is ending, and the dark ISN'T expanding, then what's taking it's place? grey? nothing?
the absence of light is darkness, and the dark soul represents darkness. Humanity IS darkness, of course that doesn't mean the dark and the abyss is good for us. Nothing about the cycles makes sense. Nothing about DS2 makes sense, and DS3 tries but fails to connect DS2 with the first game despite them operating on entirely different rules.

This so much. The concept art got me so hyped but then I was walking around the place when it finally dawned on me. "WAIT A MINUTE!"
About Kaathe, he's dead. Yuria's death line in the JP script heavily implies it.

Speaking of Manus, they tossed that hint with Karla and never touched that point again. Never quite figured what part of him she was but it's possible them being the embodiment of emotions was retconned along with a load of other shit.

Recently heard a interesting theory about the Deep and the Abyss, about how the Cathedral's practices of bloodletting and burning bodies were to expunge the Abyss so that only dregs remain in the body. Might be full of shit, but was interesting.

About this discussion, I admit a lot of things elude me but IMO Miyazaki's just making shit up now with little consideration to what has been previously established.

but why not take the pygmy lords back home, eat the dark soul then, and then bleed out over a bucket for his niece? If the dark soul was something that turns you into a monster, which it doesn't except in cases of large quantities of it, why would he not just chose to become a monster near a place where his niece could retrieve the blood? A better question is why not just use the soul of a firekeeper, a large congregation of humanity, to give himself a dark soul. The actions towards the end of the game seem like they weren't very well thought out.

It's worth keeping in mind that the fire that's fading is the first flame, that doesn't mean there can't be a second flame, in fact the Profaned Flame is pretty much that with it being a flame that doesn't go out. Even if it did though the Age of Grey will always be there as the Age of Grey is just an age without disparity, or without fire. There is the Deep as well and considering Dreg Heep having an abundance of Deep creatures it's fair to assume this plays a big role past the age of fire.

DS2 is weird, though the signs have always been there that it's a universe outside of DS1 and DS3 or in it's own bubble. I mean you dive into a whirlpool and land in an area called Things (Between) Betwixt. I get the impression that the locations are in their own contained bubbles, as if they are parallel universes and towards the end of the age of fire the collapse merged these universes together which is why you see Earthen Peak next to Lothric ruins which is now Dreg Heep.

nigger did you even play ds1?
Dark souls is about the four souls of the world created out of the first flame; The light soul, Gwyn and the gods, the dark soul, the furtive pygmy, the soul of life, the witches of izalith, and the soul of death, nito and his hordes of skelobros
Gwyn uses his soul to kindle the first flame so the age of fire can continue, the souls of mankind, the dark souls, are used to continue this kindling, and the age of dark is the age in which the fire is no longer kindled and the world enters an abyss-state, in which there is infinite darkness and mankind rules.
All of this is explained in DS1

this is shown with manus, the dark wraiths, and the four kings, all of whom overconsumed in the dark of man

I think it's pretty clear that the plot was dropped or became entirely inconsistent after DS1.
You have to remember that DS2 and DS3 were both botched in development and had to change directors several times, with Miyazaki only working on the latter half of DS3.
I'll just look forward to one of FromSoft's other projects.

By the look of things it appears Karla might be the child of Zullie and Alva. I've heard that Zullie can be summoned by the giant and casts that Dark Edge spell that Karla sells which has the lore.

A forbidden dark sorcery. Strikes with blade formed of humanity's darkness.

Passed from mother to daughter, this blade was intended for both protection and as a means of taking one's own life. The young girl never swung it more than once.

Also I don't think she is a literal child of the abyss, more of a practitioner of dark sorcery. Or if she really is then there's a possibility that she's a descendant of Manus. I don't know some things are just too open ended for anyone to make any satisfying conclusion.

You've got that theory from Jerks San Frontieres. His lore is excellent as he studies a lot of Japanese mythology, has done some amazing Bloodborne lore as well.

I think it's more to do with the concentration and purity of the dark soul that matters which is why the firekeeper wasn't used. Also I don't think the pygmy lords are willing to hand it over so I imagine the pygmies would have fucked of elsewhere so Gael wouldn't be able to find them.

I thought the same thing at first, but then how do you account for the fact that The Ringed City still exists even after you invade Filinaore's chambers and kill Gael?
Sorry, but that's not good enough. If the devs wanted the city to be an illusion that dissipates after you defeat Gael and collect the Dark Soul, then they should've restricted access to the area after your final boss fight, and given a direct explanation that the reason we can't go back there anymore is because it was an illusion and it doesn't exist.
The Painted World of Ariandel is not a physical location. Maybe the painting itself existed at one time in Lothric or some other place, but it's likely be in tatters at this point, given that Gael maintains only a shred of it when you first encounter him in Cathedral of the Deep. I assume that the world inside it is a magical and non-tangible manifestation of the artist who created it. Can you produce a shred of evidence that implies that the world inside the painting isn't magically or spiritually animated?
How can you be so sure? In DaSI, Frampt tries to get you to link the fire to keep the Age of Fire going explicitly so that Gwynevere and the rest of Anor Londo can continue to exist for just a little bit longer. They clearly don't care about humans, and just want to use humans as tools to keep their lives sustained. On the other hand, can you be sure that Kaathe is trustworthy? He tells you that the Age of Dark will allow humans to rule the world in the same way that the Gods once did, but then look at what happened when Manus tried to consume the Dark Soul and unleash the Abyss on Oolacile; their kingdom was destroyed and its citizens were consumed by its dark power. At this point, and for all we know, Kaathe wanted to create an Age of Dark in order to consume the Dark Soul for himself and use its power to rule humans as his subjects, and unleash chaos on the world.

youre retarded beyond down syndrome lol

Or teleport back to safety. In the fight he uses summon signs to move in space (doesn't make much sense though).

I went to double check on the wikia. She refers to herself as a "wretched child of the Abyss" but then I checked the description of her ashes: "The spurned child of the Abyss never dies, but phases in and out of its fringes. Only, there is no one to search for her any longer." Well, damn. You might have a point there.

Guilty as charged. I'm binge watching his BB stuff right now.
On DaS3 specifically, I think he makes a very good point creating a parallel between the Cathedral of the Deep and Shintoism. The whole thing does make a lot of sense when you look at the body of water as their object of worship and how polluting it corrupted them.

Wasn't that the people from Oolacile who got played by Kaathe and went to diddle Manus' grave? I think Chester mentions that.

Marvelous Chester says the following"
"Believe it or not, Oolacile has brought the the Abyss upon itself. Fooled by that toothy serpent, they upturned the grave of Primeval Man, and incited his ornery wrath. What could they have been thinking? But, to you and I, it's all ancient history. You have to ask yourself; does it really matter?"

I guess the implication is that Manus is the furtive pygmy, and it has somehow transformed into a monstrosity after Kaathe persuaded the people of Oolacile to consume its power for their own sake.

The point is, Oolacile was fucked over by the power of the Dark Soul. They tried to consume its power for their own gain, and in doing so they got burned. People who say that it is wise or favorable to deliberately incite an Age of Dark should look to Oolacile to see how it went for them when they tried to use the Dark Soul's power. Kaathe, and the volatility of the Dark Soul, can't be trusted. Maybe Kaathe knows something about its power that we don't, and he can control it, or maybe he's just as foolish as those who think it can be controlled in the first place.

An Age of Dark doesn't necessarily guarantee that the Dark Soul will go on a rampage, but we don't really know how its power is augmented or diminished by fire, or an absence of fire, so who can say what would happen?

Gtfo of here. You don't have the numbers to post in this thread. You shouldn't post anywhere in the whole board.

Oh, so other souls are better. Literally a corpse filled with miasma but he probably was chilling most of the time, witches which make him burn half of his legion and started this whole "demons of chaos" thing, his own soul which turn scaleless insane, oh and his own souls which end up in four kings. But hey, 2 towns lost due to abyss actions! This clearly shows how unstable human soul really is.

Lol. Go on, invent description for them. Invent whole reality in your fucked up head.

Timetravel bullshit also because they cant block you from the whole dlc just because you reached some point. Just as you can have 3 different firelink shrines in one game, all of them in different time.
It is. Its fucked just like regular world of dark souls and that is why they want to burn it. Sure its made by magic or rather it uses souls, but so what?
Because I seen how world looks like? A giant ball of garbage covered with ashes where everyone is super dead and eating each other.
I never was. And I said that you will rule fucked up rotting world. But item description on ringed armor imply that he was telling mostly truth and gods fucked humans over.
Not what happened. Kaathe directed humans of oolacile to find primordial man, and manus fucked them over, but mostly stayed in abyss doing nothing. Until player murders him. Just as I said, you will rule fucked up world. Whole point of dlc was to say that kaathe was mostly trustworthy and not a total liar, the fact that linking and not linking are irrelevant in a long run, the idea that you must burn the world to build a new one, instead of trying to revive rotting one.
Gael even goes on the same quest as player. He goes for pigmy lords and to lord of Cinder to find fuel for the new world. And to say "we want to make dark souls spiritual successor by using blood of dark souls and so we made bloodborne but we released it before we finished ds3 so fuck you". And this whole "world was born without knowledge" thing.

Kind of but now we have pigmy lords.
And what is the worst thing that could happen? Worlds is so fucked that transforming into monstrosities is better than being burned into ash or living as a walking corpse. And you might say that Lord of Cinder and Lord of Hollows have similar level of power to control souls, so they might do it better than random pygmies.

except Bloodborne uses the same concept, where illusory worlds continue to exist after the person who dreamed them up dies and they can even live inside of them for indefinite amounts of time.
There is precedent for the universe working that way, why would it suddenly not. The fact that the original painting is very likely to not exist anymore and the current one being a painting made inside of the previous one proves it.

direct descendants of the pygmy rather than hollows he shared his dark soul with.
is there a name for the primordial hollows that appear at the very start of the intro in DaS1?

I don't like it, but fair enough. However, I'm pretty sure it's true that Filianore contained the Dark Soul inside her egg. There's an NPC pygmy at the start of the DLC who tells you that if you want to acquire the Dark Soul, that you should head to the church. You go there, and it's being protected by Filianore's covenant, that Gael somehow bypassed, and once you defeat the NPC boss, you go into her chambers and find that the egg had already been broken into. You then get transported to some desolate hellscape, which is likely a manifestation of the Dark Soul's power, where you then do battle with Gael, who consumed its power.

Using Shinto mythology on Dark Souls just makes everything have more sense in general. I mean if you look at the dark soul as a impure flame, dirty that corrupts everything it touches it fits right into the Shinto mythology of purification. Even Nioh gave me some insight into Yokai polluting the human realm which you use ki or salt to purify. I don't know much about Shinto but what I've seen gives more weight when you need to fill in the lore blanks with speculation, much like Jerks San Frontieres did with Rosaria.

Can you name one reason why soul of humanity will be inside of egg?

Dark souls lore is close to fairytales in general. And names of whole gwyn family sounds like they come from russian fairytales. And he seems to be carbon copy of Zeus.
And cycle of fire. I dont remember from where, but there is a story about what some people do with their kings. So once a year everyone is dining on a holiday table, and one gues is having an iron spoon. This guest is chosen to be a king for this year. And what do they do with this king? They burn him so the Sun can shine for a whole next year.

Why else would Gael, who was looking for the Dark Soul go to Filianore's chambers, if it was not there? Somehow he knew that she had it. As I already mentioned, the pygmy outright tells you that it's in Filinaore's possession. I don't remember his exact words, but it's something like, "If you seek the Dark Soul, seek the church at the top of the hill" or something like that. He knew it was there, so maybe that's how Gael found out about it. Now, my guess is that she used the Dark Soul to maintain the Ringed City, or her life, or something. I'm not convinced that the entire city was merely a manifestation of her mind, but if you believe that, then maybe she was using its power to maintain the illusion.

As for the egg, it's likely some magically constructed container that allows her to sap the Dark Soul's power without being corrupted by it. I don't fucking know, I am aware that I am speculating at this point, and the game doesn't clarify on this, as far as I know. I imagine that she can't come in direct contact with the Dark Soul, otherwise she'll succumb to its power, and even with the protection of the egg, the Ringed City and everything in it will eventually be swallowed by the Abyss.

Got a better explanation?

No he was not. He was looking for blood of the dark soul and expected it to be inside of pygmy lords.
Because pygmy lords was like right next to it. Or because you need to wake her up to see what is going on in reality. Either way, there is no reason for it to be container for something that every human has.
When you was looking for lord souls you was told to ring the bells. Was soul of lord inside the bells? Or was it inside the ring?
Filianore was probably the mother of Priscilla and she was given hostage to pygmies.
And so Gael come and she did not notice him while he smashed her egg but when you came and touched it she woke up?
How the idea "soul of every human as it was mentioned numerous times is not in every human but inside of egg" come to be?

Not near the end of the age of fire. DS3 timeline shows that human dregs are the replacement for humanity. I can understand the question why would the pygmy lords need to have a secret dark soul container/safe when every human has one, unless when this container/safe was created the pygmy lords knew the dark soul would eventually fade as well. Perhaps the pygmy lords selfishly decided to see the end of the world and leave everyone else out of it.

I don't know it's all new lore so it's going to take time to figure out.

No, I disagree. If you look at the item description of the Blood of the Dark Soul, it says this:
It says he consumed the Dark Soul. How could he consume it, if it were fragmented and inside the bodies of pygmies and hollows? It also says that he discovered that the Pygmy Lords' blood had dried up. This implies that he may have originally traveled to the Ringed City in the hopes of finding any remaining pygmies and slaughtering them, in order to take their blood and present it to his lady, who could then use it to paint her world. This could be interpreted in numerous ways. You could infer that the pygmy blood alone would be enough to create a painted world. You also infer that Gael believed that the pygmy blood was infused with the power of the Dark Soul, and that he only needed to collect Dark Soul infused-blood for his lady. This would further imply that he requires the Dark Soul's power as a basis for the painting.

All we know is that their blood is gone, and that he found and consumed the Dark Soul. If that's the case, and assuming that he was aware of the consequences of his consumption, and he intended to commit suicide in order to literally bleed for his lady, then you could infer that he wanted someone to come and kill him. Is this the case? We don't know. Maybe he didn't realize what would happen if he consumed the Dark Soul. Maybe he intended to bring it home to his lady intact? Maybe he intended on tricking another individual into consuming it so he could then slaughter them and take their blood? Clearly, he resists you when you encounter him, and he tries to slaughter you. Did he intentionally leave you messages on the ground, in the hopes that you'd come and ease his suffering, and then honor his last wishes by delivering his blood to his niece?

We don't know. However, we do know that he was looking for the Dark Soul, because the item description implies that its power is what would provide his niece with the correct material to produce her painting. I doubt it matters whether or not it the Dark Soul infused material is blood, or some other corporeal substance. This explains why he sought the pygmy blood, and why he didn't just decide his quest was a failure when he found out that the blood was gone; he found something better - the Dark Soul. Where did he find it? Filianore. Why did she have it? Who knows. Did she have it in the egg? Maybe, and I've already speculated on why.

So, if you don't accept my suppositions about the egg, then what do you think it was for?

Oh I dont know. May be by eating them, like you see him doing? With your eyes? You have eyes, dont you?
He clearly wants your soul. And you know that by listening to him. With your ears.
And you are fucking Lord of Cinder who might be even better for him. He was on the quest for blood of lords with dark soul, he failed and used next best option. He ate them. And he probably would look for you next since lords of cinder have many uses and many souls.

You should take your own advice and carefully read what I said.
Hilarious. How'd you come to that conclusion?

Why daughter of gwyn was in ringed city? You understand how royalty and hostages work? If gwyn fucks humanity too hard they fuck his daughter.

No, how did you come to the conclusion that Filianore is Priscilla's mother?

Why not? She obliviously cares for the egg.

Whatever you say. As long as you acknowledge that you're pulling shit out of your ass as much as any other faggot who resorts to speculation, myself included.

the Painter isn't his niece, that's just what the translation is. In the original JP dialogue she refers to him in a "kind old man" or "grandpa" sort of way

I will only defend this one thing

lel

nope. the only Baine I know of is Baine Bloodhoof

pssssh

nuthin' personnel…

kid….

"A pissed off lawn gnome."
This guy never fails to link my sides.

I'm not gonna scroll through all this bullshit, but whoever was saying that the dark soul was the same kind of fire as the other three, a quote from darkstalker kathe
implying that the pygmies were not lords originally
This along with the other shit about how he explains how the dark soul works implies that the dark soul is something that wasn't quite made of the first flame; I think it was more like the darkness created by fire made its own soul, and that's why when the other three fade the soul of man grew in strength, because there was less of what it wasn't, therefore more of what it was. Vice versa, when you burn humanity it strengthens the flame, and when you sacrifice yourself to kindle the fire you remove your dark souls from play, which means you strengthen the fire a little bit.
This is all speculatory bullshit, but dark souls 1 clearly had a set up story that as the age of fire was reduced to nothing, the age of man would set in, and for three fucking games for some reason no matter how many times we choose to not link the fire, because time is convoluted, there's fire again.

I love it when folks would indict me when they'd die before I'd get to them

Because alternative universe parallel reality bullshit. We have both dark and light firelink shrines. Players can both link or not link the fire. In the end world is fucked. Even if you link the fire, fire will fade later. If you dont link the fire fire will fade sooner. In ds3 however you took control of fire for yourself but the world was still fucked. nothing player ever did was even remotely important. Well, may be except doing artorias job for him, but people still think it was him and not you.

Gwyn and his fellow Lords have fucked the World ever since they took it from the Everlasting Dragons, if we go by that linking the Fire is a quickening remedy while going all Dark just means that the Fire will just reappear in a later age means you did jack shit, seems like the tl:dr is that World is fucked, so you better get loot and kill bosses because the Dark Souls are you!

Before, sure. But now its not 100%. World is fucked so much that developers dont want to do anything with it. Fuck you players. And thanks for the money!

>"Disasters are gone after the defeat of the gravelord servant!"
What exactly happened?

Anybody know if not owning the DLC means you can't play with people who own it? If not can I get DLC weapons from white phantoms?

Welcome to Dark Souls 3.

Not having the DLC just means you can't play in the DLC. The way people got the DLC weapons for both packs prior to the DLC coming out is by just running CE and dropping them in their world, and you can do it despite not owning the DLCs, but the only things you can't pick up from someone else are upgrade materials and cov items last I checked.

Chances are a Gravelord Servant wanted to fuck with people without realizing the enemies they create only show up in worlds that are at least NG+, and the host just quit out of the game before you could get the rewards.

Welp

world-class netcode

if two people try to do netcode stuff at the same time (like a dragon spirit and a white sign) you can get friendly dragon spirits or hostile sunbros.

Spent the last couple of days hopping between my builds doing co-op at random bosses. I think I got all the mileage out of this game. Sometimes I entertain the idea of starting another build but the actual process of going about it is tedious and doesn't really pay off.

Bonus fashions and one interesting Ashen One I ran into.

In respective order;

use a mule save
I put over 230 hours into the game, wanted to restart when the DLC came out, so I erased all my characters and did just that.
I didn't feel like grinding Darkmoon four more times.

Feels good, man.

Shit wait,

For what fucking purpose? Did you have all slots maxed?

I wasted a lot of Titanite Slabs on shit I didn't actually want to use.

I changed the characters names though, so it's not just "Ashen One" or "Knight", etc.

What? I liked Ringed City. I mean it's not the Old Hunters good, but it's not bad.
The Crucifix of the Mad King is god-tier.

That's because Old Hunters is the best DLC ever done in the series. It's better to compare The Ringed City to something on it's level. If you treat AoA and TRC as one DLC then I would say it's almost on par with AoTA. On it's own it's below AotA but higher than the DLC's from DS2.

I just wanted to know who was that guy laying on the ground when you arrive at the city, like the reason he's willing to help you.

Best DLC in the series, while still having a shitty Kalameet/Sinh ripoff.

It might as well be 1 DLC, they're both connected between tightly.

I keep wanting to complain about how DS3 doesn't have any cool and quirky headgear/armor like DS1/2, like the Pinwheel Masks, Pharros Mask, Bell Helmet, etc.

But then I realize that DS3 has the most consistently good looking armor in the series. There's actually a lot of neat combinations you can match up that don't look incredibly gaudy.

So many peoples fashion builds are garbage and everyone has bad taste.

what are some good outfits for trap cosplay?

Cosplay as Lothric while getting someone to cosplay as Lorian carrying you, should also check if backpack cucking is possible too.

Now that's an invader. You got style.

and do what, play the healslut?

The iron maiden.

Duh, what do you think those rule 34 artwork of them are for?

So… what is the Age of Dark? And what effects does it have on inhabitants of the world, and the world in general?

Do they all die?
Do they all go insane?
Do they actually just keep on living but now in a different state of being?
Does the world disappear? Get destroyed?
Or does it keep existing?

Wait till midnight. Turn off your computer, television, and anything else that emits light. Turn off your lights.
Welcome to the Age of Dark.

Our next segment is called "Preacher to Preacher", let's check it out

I liked their sermons. Can bugs get fat?

Probably

I liked them too, i was totally convinced they were wise monsters and not just a hivemind trying to lure me into my doom

Power Stancing makes DS2 my favourite, even considering how utterly awful most of the rest of the game is

Some are wise it seems, read the descriptions for their items and it says most of them just turned out to be greedy cunts who want to eat everything in sight, the ones you can talk to are the rare few who actually do their job and preach

Well, every sermon ends with "let the feast begin".

Nigga there's a time for snacks and a time for preaching

Sermon ends with snacks. How else you gonna get the crowd of fucking niggers insects to listen?

Hearing the small ones repeating some of the words made me think that they where rather just repeating a message without thinking or even being aware of it, like a living repeater, which the preaching ones do well, but most just went full insect as they were some sort of experiment the abyss barfed.

They might eaten a lot of humans/humanity directly and evolved. They are the new pygmies.