So I wrote a manifesto

So I wrote a manifesto.

When I was suggesting direct action before, I was talking about starting off with small things, but this is the eventual vision I have in mind.

Please point me to any typos, logical inconsistencies or glaring ideological holes if you would like, critique is good.

Also though, if you like the general idea, maybe you would like to express that, so that we can perhaps work at making these ideas a reality.

I am already saving money to start a co-operative and attempting to gather together people for direct action, but I felt I should write down exactly what I mean and what I think can be achieved, so here it is.

Tankies, you probably aren't going to like it very much, but give it a chance.

Other urls found in this thread:

hutnyk.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/adorno_resignation1969.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Particularly for those of you in the UK, I'm in Scotland. I plan to start outreach to various activist groups soon, to try to gather people together in a unified movement.

IT'S THE FUCKING TONGUE BOX POSTER

CAN'T YOU SAVE ANY OTHER IMAGES ON YOUR HARD DRIVE?

Please read my manifesto

look don't act all respectful after posting a crude drawing of a woman receiving cunnilingus from a disembodied head

literally name one thing that is wrong with that

Back to the drawing board.

why is the idea of a woman pleasuring herself something atrocious to you?

These are good criticisms, I will take it into account for future drafts.

It is split into sections though?

What do you think of the general idea as a revolutionary strategy though?

Please put spaces after all commas and set the space between the lines around 120%-145% of the line size.

So I will work on presentation

I had a brief skim, will read through entirely at another point.
The plan looks good to me - I agree with the idea of working "within" the system to create structures which should supplant the system.

Also run a spell checker, add some nice spacing as well as a good font - some minimal presentation effort should improve readability as well as making the piece seem more authoritative however much you may desire that as an anarchist :^) .

Also previously when you talked about planning "direct action" here, I assumed you had meant the violent kind and would not be surprised if others thought the same.

Thanks for the constructive criticisms I'm definitely gonna do some formatting for sure.

and no when I talked about direct action I meant the creation of situations. Does that change the way you feel about taking part?

Typos:
Where do I put the products? Oh wait, the sentence is missing a comma.
Missing commas, again.

Style:
"In my mind"

Absolutely. Also - I am also based in Glasgow, but am not part of any activist organisation. If your interested I may be able to offer some help in terms of some graphics and/or webdev.
Do you have a preferred form of communication? Perhaps drop a temporary email address here so that wandering trolls dont try to scrape it.

lol I actually studied English literature ahahaha

thank you for all the pointers it seems I have a lot to sort out

and with the We thing I didn't know to keep going with it, I'll go through and sort it out.

Cost price, as in, selling them at exactly the cost to make them

Webdev is good, I want to put this on website where people can meet to form co-ops and affinity groups as well as where information can be gathered
[email protected]/* */

I am not part of any activist organisation either, I'm trying to start one aha

I realise for somebody with a discerning eye my spelling and grammar must be quite something to take. I apologise.

Bump

Is this your first draft or something? Come back after at least the third and we'll help you work out a fourth and fifth. This writing just isnt very good m8.

second. Do you mean the style or the execution?

What about the actual content?

I'm not against co-ops. I know that workers aren't fully commodified, meaning when a person is hired there is virtually never a precise specification of what they will exactly do; and whatever the contract says, there is always a tension between what people are asked to do and what they actually do, and supervision is costly. Unlike in muh value-form read Bordiga abloblobo theorizing, real-life managers are not passive conduits of market forces either and do not always do what is in the best interest of the shareholders, they do things to cover their asses that are in conflict with overall performance and they love to have long chats about whatever. It isn't far-fetched that co-ops can act differently and better than that.

I believe that co-ops barely come up in Marxist discourse has something to do with the biographies of the leaders of the various Marxist sects. E.g. I know of the British SWP that those who become full-time paid cadre are basically all recruited while still in university, so they don't have any work experiences to compare.

Workers in co-ops are more happy and co-ops do not go bankrupt more often than other types of business. That said, the difference between co-ops and the traditional shit isn't a giant leap either. So I do have an issue with what I gather you want to do with the advantage of co-ops: 1. Pay higher wages than usual. 2. Save up for expansion. 3. Do something for the community for free. I mean, it's likely you can technically keep the promise do do all three things if you just do a tiny little bit for each. But let's say the co-op does well without being extremely successful, where do you set priorities here?

I will read it later tonight, it doesn't matter if I don't like the content as a tankie, we are all comrades here, and you have put more effort into something than 95% of this board.

Dont act but think. We need new ideology and theory.

And it has arrived.

hutnyk.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/adorno_resignation1969.pdf

this would be better if it invoked the idea of utilizing copyleft licensing to place technology in the hands of unions and co-ops

I don't know what that is but it sounds like it should be welcome.

Definitely one co-op can't do much by itself, the idea is to pool funds so that together they can achieve larger goals.

Initially the priority would be to just get a few up and running, then from those start trying to help out the community, of course it all changes if you manage to convince several groups to open co-ops at the same time in around the same place. If that were to occur you could probably start the community projects straight away to some degree, skipping the stage where individual co-ops are just doing a little bit.

Obviously the running of the business has to come first or the other parts can't possibly be follow, but ultimately, this is left entirely down to the individual co-operative. If they wanted to take a pay cut in order to help out the community, or if they wanted to cut back on the community for a pay rise, that would be there look out. I imagine there would probably end up being some minimum contribution to mutual fund, at least at the outset.

It is only in the mutual projects, i.e community services where priorities must be decided by anything wider than an individual business.

bump

Self Bump

Bump

Oh look it's this aspie

Re-write or write something for the parts mentioned at the end before your next bump.

read my thing plz

I am re writing takes time fam

bait thread? Are you kidding. I spent weeks on this