DS Games

What are some recommended games I should play on my ds?

Depends on what you like, gameplay/genre wise. The DS had a lot of shovelware (though that can be said for any popular system), but also a lot of worthy games as well.

That's about it

There's also the MMZ collection

But I already played Vectorman 20 years ago

Wasn't on the original DS, which I assume is what OP is asking about.

On the off chance you've got some extra time and are willing, given how sparsely made regular DS threads are, you might writing some brief descriptions about what make Legend of Kage, Okaeri Chibi Robo (assuming that's one of the ones you mean by "both of them"), and Coropata enjoyable? Would like to potentially add them to the DS image if you feel they're worth recommending, but need text before I can.

You mean "was", considering the DS and Wii wifi has been dead and buried for years now, right? Or did something has someone successfully gotten online multiplayer working with emulation or something?

Of course
Is a great revival of a classic arcade game, with huge stages to explore, beautiful pixel-art, 2 playable characters and easy enough for newcomers to the ninja sidescroller subgenre to complete in a few hours.
Technically, this is the most impressive DS game ever made. It's also a lot of fun and the closest to a true sequel to Chibi Robo that we are ever getting, lots of content.
The Incredible Machine but with a cute girl, that is guide her to the goal by placing different objects to create physics based chain reactions.
There are private servers

Trauma Center: Under The Knife

ADVENTURE

RPG

ACTION

what got me when that came out is that everyone apparently forgot that the original already had a sequel: Demon Blade

That was a sequel the same way that Shadow Dancer was a sequel to Shinobi.

Inazuma Eleven 1-2-3 (I suggest you just pirate them in moonrunes because the western release has britbongs all over it)
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Rhythm Heaven
Wario Ware Touched
Advance Wars Days of Ruin

Basically japanese Diablo, with randomized items, lots of skills, 7 characters to choose from. Also it has local multiplayer (up to 3 people) which is great.

But it's not fully translated.

still perfectly playable.

Thanks, working on them. Few more questions though: You say Legend of Kage 2 is apparently easy to pick up for newcomers, but does that necessarily make the game itself easy overall, or is it one of those "easy to get into, but difficult to master" sort of games? Admittedly not real familiar with it, or its predecessor. And with Coropata, would you say that it would fit under "Puzzle" as a category? Just asking since I think I've seen gifs before that also imply there's platforming to it. Not sure what it weighs as being more.

Could be wrong, but I thought I'd read that the main part left untranslated was the glossary, or something like that.

Damn shame that the only copy of that I've seen around where I live was incomplete and in bad shape anyhow.

You forgot 999 you fucking nigger

i can't see the loss

Kage 2 is certainly a lot easier than something like Shinobi 3 or Strider but it can be challenging too. Coropata is a Puzzle game, the platforming is automatic once you hit the play button.

I didn't like it.

look closer

bottom left doesn't match at all, top right should only have two, the pointing directions is neat but they need to be vertical not horizontal, top left is pointing the wrong way and should be vertical

Metroid Prime Hunters had the best local multiplayer I've ever experienced on a handheld. Excluding hackers and little kids being faggots, but its a shame Nintendo didn't release a sequel or spin off that wasn't federation farce.

It was filled with hackers, more than Mario Kart.

I never got online to work well, but I managed to wring out a few games with the school mates I had at the time. Retro did an excellent job utilizing the controls and optimizing the game. It still holds up as my favourite handheld fps, but it still needs a sequel.

Seem workable?

Perfect

a little bit, i thought the one that used to be bottom right worked well but it works okay for bottom left too. vertical is good for top left but its still too fat. current bottom right works okay but the vertical part isn't prominent enough. there's no fixing the four fish one though.

Alright, thanks again for the help. One more thing though, since you mentioned it above: Do you think Nanashi No Game: Eyes warrants a tab of its own, or should I just try to make a mention of it somewhere on here? Not certain off the top of my head how close they are in terms of gameplay, story, etc.