Adds on HTC Vive

Remember those videos about being forced to watch adds and adds getting paused when you look away ? It's almost here.

archive.is/TWwI6

Truly VR is ushering in the golden era.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/xTUkD
archive.is/2WKH2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Or maybe they'll finally realize that web advertising is a fucking grade AAA scam that wastes your money and absolutely no one wants to see.

valve is going to pay, mark my words.

i will fucking ruin them with my bear hands

HTC, the manufacturer, is pushing this, means, if you use their platform "Viveport" you'll eventually get rapped. Thanks a lot chinks but i'll pass.

$900 adware machine?

What the fuck

HEY GUYS, IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BUY A VIVE NOW WAIT TIL YOU SEE THIS!

Also I did an experiment once, I made a VR app that had ads in it. The ads were just wall banners, the kind of ads you see IRL. Oddly enough, most people paid zero attention to those and only noticed they were there after they've been told about them. They've been preoccupied with the app itself to notice them. VR ads will work the same way as IRL ads, as long as they're made the same way. Billboards and 3d models of the objects you advertise should be OK.

Intrusive ads, however, such as full screen video in your face, that you must also watch carefully rather than wait out, can break the whole hell loose and drive away what little players it had to begin with.

The VR headset itself doesn't do shit, it just displays whatever goes into it. The devs however are free to put ads in their VR games. Clearly they think they can replicate "success" of mobile platform, which is a fucking joke and will never happen.

valve/ steam, has nothing to do with HTC, they're two separate independent entities. HTC is a hardware manufacturer trying to get a piece of the VR software distribution "cake".

you probably work for valve and steam

Or maybe, just maybe, HTC, owned by chinks are doing it on their own and you're a fucking idiot.

Valve is the software-end and HTC is the hardware-end. Valve's also in a state nowadays that they'd readily agree to something like in-game ads, after all Gabe's been running his mouth for quite some time about how modders must be paid, knowing full well that paid-mods would mean distribution on Steam would mean Gabe cuts a direct cut of every modder's "hard-earned" work.

Brilliant I really want to know who came up with this because they are probably the jewest jew who ever jewed. I mean goddamn the thing already costs almost a fucking thousand dollars how the fuck can they think this is ok?

Doesn't Valve/Gabe make a shitload of money selling other peoples games though steam though?

well, there goes my already dwindling interest for VR.

You can always get a superior and also cheaper Razer headset, because they'd never do shit like that.

could they drop the price of the Vive by a lot?
That is the only way this might pay off unless it's a very expensive demo run for future, cheaper, VR headsets to adopt.

Apparently VR was dead before it even began since everyone who wanted to fund the development of it are greedy retards.

Cuckulus Rift already went down by $100 to $500, so that's an improvement.

What's wrong goyim don't you want to pay $1200 for an ad machine?

Yes they do, Steam rolls in millions of dollars just by existing, but apparently it's not good enough. Note Valve is also on record (via Reddit AMA with Gabe) as saying they have no desire whatsoever to make singleplayer games anymore, likely since they can't riddle singleplayer games with a hat-store and season passes.

Essentially Gabe also wants to make a shitload of money selling other people's mods too.

Yeah but that's owned by facebook I wouldn't touch it with a goddamn radiation suit on. Probably brainwash you into being a commie.

Why does everything good have to be corrupted into a shambling husk of what it used to be? Christ EA killing good studios was better than whatever the fuck is going on now.

I dunno, I mean there was this whole shitshow with its founder Luckey about his far right groups affiliation.

well yeah but he got fired because of that

Didn't he get killed in a "car crash"?

He's a founder and not in any job position, he can't get fired.

That was the other guy.

It's like that episode of Futurama where they put ads inside your dreams.

Goim will sure love to pay 900$ to watch adds and play games such as "throw a cube into a hole" or "throw geometry objects into a hole".

Valve is degenerating entirely on the basis of its own flat-management structure, Gabe isn't actually any more powerful than any other one employee for example. The structure works beautifully when you've got 20 to 40 neets working out of a garage Doom-style, but introduce it to a company of 100-300 or thousands like Valve and it completely falls apart. Nobody there actually wants to work on anything of importance at the moment and it's filled with pet-projects like the Steam Controller or the Vive, and since nobody's working on anything they've already lost quite a lot of their talent. I remember Erik Wolpaw left, most recently, and he was the one that got Half-Life 2's writing in a presentable state for the episodes and wrote the TF2 comics (though how much of Jay Pinkerton is accredited to the TF2 comics is up for debate considering the comics in general are a big Venture Bros. reference/knockoff and Pinkerton runs his mouth on Twitter about stupid shit like Ms. Pauling being a lesbian, plus Ms. Pauling in general as the de-facto main character).

So one of the founders was fired the other died in a "car crash". Christ nobody better buy that damn thing. At this point it probably makes you gay and gives you cancer.

They made a sequel?

I know, there's already a massive barrier of entry, who thought suffocating the few who made it with adware? It's almost daily we're reminded that the game industry only truly has one thing on its mind: corporate growth. When's the last time you've seen a game complete on launch? No DLC, no season passes, no crowdfunding, no preorder bonuses, no content locked on the disc behind a paywall. Considering what made the crash happen the first time, if pushed far enough, it may happen again. Even the most gullible normalfags will notice universal quality control issues in an unfriendly predatory oversaturated market.

When's the last time you've seen a game complete on launch?
I don't remember but it had to be a Japanese game because at least they seem to still care about releasing something fun and not just commie faggot propaganda.

Doesn't the vive also require a steam account too?

How does that shit even work? Isn't it a piece of hardware? Does it have DRM that prevents you from using it if you don't have steam?

Is it not hackable? How do people make games using it then?

The games for it need to be on steam I would bet.

The only thing left is mandatory subscription to use your 900$ set.

But there's general non exclusive VR games and shit that exist too

How good of a rig can you build with 900 buckaroos?

You need to throw yourself in an oven for even having a thought that jewish.

You don't even need VR for those ingame billboards and shit. I'm fairly certain they've done this kind of thing already in some games. Why the fuck don't they continue along this line? They're just as effective when people don't really know they're being shilled. Maybe even more so what with subliminal influences. "You didn't notice but your brain did" kinda shit. Making this shit extra intrusive is just being a dick.
Which I suppose is what marketing really is.

Don't look at me, I don't give a shit about Luckey, and I hate the liberal media as much as you do.

Fuck white people.

A pretty goddamn good one, by most people's standards, and probably one good enough to be necessary to play VR's hyper-demanding tech demos in the first place.

Fuck off with your failmemes to your containment board.

Who still gave a fuck about Oculus after facebook bought it?

Obvious Holla Forums shit
Yeah I bet you really hate the people you support.

Every time.

Pretending that cancer doesn't exist will not stop it from doing damage.

Hey Rabbi what you doin?

funniest part is devs trying to recreate gaming from scratch for this device,
they fall for all the worst fads
every game is casul to the extreme

my sides

you pay FULL PRICE to get UNFINISHED DEMOs

Hey buddy, cut it with the anti-semitic remarks, will ya?

No, Holla Forums. Just no. Do the research on your rival board before REEEEing.

Anyway OP, I'm sorry Holla Forumsyps were triggered by my video, it honestly wasn't my intention. I'm out.

Not surprised, but VR is quickly going down the shitter. Who the hell wants to see ads while using VR? It'll kill the very small amount of hyoe left as VR turns into another soulless husk.

Where have I heard that before? Also Yuri > You.

Seriously, this is a pro-Israel imageboard. They have the right to control the daily calorie intake of prisoners residents of the west bank.

die

kill yourself leftyfag

Oh no, whatever will we do, it's not like VR is an open platform for this very reason because Gaben knows ads shit kills fucking everything. Oh
OH NO
oooooh
oooooh noooooo
is doomed

nice bait

Not bait
This thread is retarded.

your mom is retarded

Daily reminder that Holla Forums came into being because leftards got tired of getting totally BTFO on Holla Forums every single time they bring up their bullshit.

No one with a vive uses viveport because it's a uPlay tier shitfest.

They gave away free games when it launched. I installed it long enough to claim them but have never played them because it would require me to reinstall viveport, which i uninstalled after spending about 20 minutes with it.

You're right. They'd only make your peripherals require always online to function properly, no biggie.
Fuck off, razer shill.

Go back to Holla Forums
archive.is/xTUkD
archive.is/2WKH2

out

Also, so that everyone who reads this post knows:

Those archive links are Holla Forums threads about intentionally forcing their stupid crap onto Holla Forums. Holla Forums does not have threads like that. Anyone who does have threads like that deserves to be hated. Take those threads as evidence that a) people actually do shill on Holla Forums (even for free, seriously) and b) leftists are butthurt about the fact that people enjoy video games

you don't need steam itself to run applications in it, but you need to have steamVR or equivalent supported API to interface with the device obviously.

SteamVR can run independent of steam, managed to get some games like CM3D2 running without steam (not a steam game).

OSVR is another API that will support multiple HMDs including vive. Haven't used it though.

As for the ad bullshit I think it is restricted to viveport which is an optional application that has nothing to do with steamVR. You would have to get out of your way to install it. All it does is offer a home location/virtual space that you could physically place your steam games in similar to the shelves in GOG except in 3D. Neat application but not worth it if they will introduce obnoxious ads.

In steamVR itself there isn't much of a customizable home space that you can teleport in. You just have your room space and overlay an environment to your surroundings. To access games you just pop up the steam menu with the system button. No adverts there unless valve themselves announced they will be introducing ads through steamVR itself. I think it is only HTCs shit which you don't need to install to begin with.

only missed feature from vive port would probably be connecting your phone via bluetooth to your link box so you can answer calls in VR.

Because that doesn't already happen with dumbphones?

Holla Forums really are retards

Phones for normalfags are something you bust out when you have 15 minutes of free time on a bus and can't do anything better. normalfags don't get home then consciously decide they wanna play minigames for an hour.

At least, I hope they don't.

you jest, but I find golf, air hockey, and pool in VR to be surprisingly entertaining.

Don't they love an attention-whoring girl who draws the commie cats? It only makes sense that they love tripfags.

Everytime.

Just like the artist.

Don't forget the discord photos. I actually posted gore in the archived thread and insulted them about it. They said "lol only fags use discord" But where is Holla Forums's discord? Holla Forums's? Given their attitude towards tripfags and that shitty ideology catgirl thing (which I think is just a cynical attempt to reel in waifufags) I think that the discord photos are indeed representative of Holla Forums. They don't belong here and they never will. The only reason they stick around is because they have all the time in the world to try and shift opinions on a Sentinelese driftwood carving webring (and also because chodemonkey kisses their ass 25/8).

By the way, does anyone have those discord photos? I saw them and laughed, but I forgot to save a copy.

its only for free software and i guess during loading? at least you'll know what developers to avoid if they put ads in their shitty vr "experience" "games" it goes double when suddenly HTC goes full jew and enable it for priced games

NAZIS WATCH OUT

holy shit guys what a good start to a month.

you all honestly can't be this retarded can you?

why do leftists imitate nazis and why are they doing it on Holla Forums?

Hold up, oh, oh…

ADBLOCK

thanks, glorious capitalism!
working perfectly btw! no flaws!

I wouldn't fuck him, can't see face, I'd DEFINITELY fuck that cute little twink, the fourth is a soft maybe, last one is a hell no.

nu/pol/ is completely cucked by the corporate establishment, bunch of spineless nu-male sellouts.

Subversion

Yes, but even as cucked a Holla Forums may be. They can never stoop as low as Holla Forums. Since they are fueled by the power to know the truth, or maybe their agenda is just more honest.

so this is the true power of leftypol shilling

cuck pls go

is the nazis are weak why are you copying them?

nigga who would you support the witch who will fuck you up or the fat manlet who said shit you mostly agreed with. or of course jeb who can still win. also video games
t.pol

Pretty much the long and the short of it.

Trump is actually really tall, he was up there with ¡Yeb!