FFXV updates with more chapter 13

I'm not even a trump fan but when the translation team actually stops gameplay and in world story to actually talk about "alternative facts" thats fucking horseshit.

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK TRANSLATIONS ARE THE PLACE FOR THE OWN FUCKING POLITICS.

treehouse pls go.

Isn't it pretty obvious she meant alternative sources?

Gimme the sauce fam.

KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT MY FUCKING WEEBSHIT

go to twitter and search "FFXV alternative facts" for a bunch of ether Holla Forumsacks super butthurt or tumblrcuts going "OMG IGNIS IS ANTI TRUMP HE IS LITERALLY ME" and what the fuck does it have to do with the main game? fuck all. Just another translator going "okay, heres the original japanese, and lets put that in the recycling bin and time to start blogging xDDDDD"

pls.

Source, nigger.

I deliver the sauce since OP is a lazy faggot.

I'm having too much fun laughing at the salt over this.

I dont care about the political crap. Just avoid a Holla Forums vs Holla Forums shit storm.

Alright Mark, at least give me your two cents here. Does a throwaway line about a popular buzzword paired with some reaching about a game's story consitute 'political bullshit in games,' or is it just another case of translators being translators? I honestly think it doesn't affect the original script, and if OP would just do like I said and bitch to SE about it with a few of his friends, he might get somewhere.

Alternative facts is still a retarded fucking phrase. That aside,
I DON'T WANT IT IN FINAL FANTASY

So it's just one line? How is that a tirade?

I feel the same way i do as the GamerGate line in the prison school dub. It shouldnt be there in the first place and should be called out.

Ask OP, I was just delivering the goods.

I at least agree on the GamerGate line, that was so blatant it hurt. However, I think that making a stink about shit like that on an imageboard like this is akin to whining about Trayvon on Black Twitter, you won't get very far by complaining to those who are likely to be ideologically similar to you. I'd just rather see a thread with a call to action and maybe some links for anons to use to put the word out rather than just "Wow look at this line, what bullshit, right? Discuss."

Yes, you are a trump fan for you to find an "anti trump tirade" in that. Nothing wrong with it, but own it at the very least.
Also you already made this thread and you already got ridiculed like the sperg you are.

I agree with you. I just want the thread to stay on topic. Maybe I'll bumplock it if it turns sour instead of deleting shit. I do think the thread could've been done better.

Well, at least we were able to suss things out. Thanks, Mark. I'll take my leave of the thread, I've said what I needed to. Remember OP, you could be doing so much better.

You being a faggot and deleting posts making fun of OP for being a faggot isn't helping the thread. Since when is calling OP a faggot worthy of having your post deleted? Not even halfchan is that bad.

But you're the Target Audience for this. If you're sheep enough to buy overpriced locked down shitty PC, chances are you're also ship enough to dictate you what's wrong and what's right.
FF15 a game for you fam, and translations is also specifically made for you, enjoy it.

Translator is a cunt for poisoning vidya with its ideology. I do not care which sides, I will call them cunt all the same for being such a pussy whipped passive aggressive giant faggot who has to take a bite at other side through vidya and spoiled it rotten. It should be called upon, and the transgressor marooned or fed to sharks. If we let this shit slide for one side one time, it will keep coming.

Lets play one game has a line against right, typical faggots will respond like: "Trololol, you're a trumpet fan aren't you. Own it, suck it up. Others don't care, only fags like you get your feefeel hurts."

And the reverse, leftycunts and tumblrfags gonna go apeshit like: "This is why capitalism is retarded and pigs to the gallows!! / OMG DIS GAME SO RACIST, ISLAMOPHOBE, MUHSOGGYKNEE, *whatever bullshit buzzword of the (((CY+3)))*."

TL;DR Stop fighting through vidyas you motherless cunts.

Lets *say* one game. Was screeching hard. Polite sage.

What did people see in it?

Its not about OP being a faggot that's just a fact its about the trump shit. Don't want the thread going off da railz. If you know what i mean.

If you're a consumer whore, don't get mad when treated as one. You deserve it.

Its not that big of a tirade but the translation team and leftist are promoting it like a big "Win for Social Justice". Which is evidenced by the pinned retweet by Rami Ismail from the lefty who runs the square enix twitter. It's one of those situations where its probably best left ignored but on the other hand it would be much better to just Meme Noctis into a fascist.

Then you're fucking too late you deformed abortion of a Jew. The game was about the empire and its coverups.

Why are you using that reaction image? It makes no fucking sense, you asshole.

I just want a quiet life playing jrpgs.

Or you could go back to reddit since no one is taking your seriously there too.

Looks to me like they threw in a hip meme to get people to talk endlessly about it.

It's not even used out of the context faggot. How does it introduce any ideology? Christ, you're worse than reddit. Are all americans this dumb?

Shit jokes and voice acting
As well as all the other cancerous shit that comes with these kinds of communities

People said this about folks complaining about inserted politics in Marvel comics 3 years ago, now go ask Holla Forums how they are doing outside their movies.

And Hercule continues to be the best character in any adaptation.

Sounds youre the triggered one, cuck.

Correct.

It's like pure retardation

Do you really expect anyone to buy your shit?

Here we go again.

You're going to be as triggered as anti-tumblrtale fags if you keep this up.

Explain?

The thread can't be done better. There was already an exact thread like this a day or two ago and it went exactly the same it is going now. OP is just one triggered faggot

Equivalent of right fake outrage

Why did they use a very specific, shitty realworld mainstream meme instead of just using the word propaganda. At best this is dating the game something fierce to 2017, and why would you do that.

I don't keep up with the meme wars but when was this triggering word used in politics?

Whatshername one of Trumps mouthpieces used the term "alternative facts" to describe their sources pretty soon after the inauguration and it's the latest retarded buzzword regardless of political alignment.

I was confused about this because the phrase sounds generic, but apparently it's some pissing match about the size of the crowd during Trump's inauguration. Some republican said Trump's crowd being bigger than Obama's was "alternative facts" and ever since the media has been trying really hard to force it as a meme to make fun of Trump, so it's another of those in-vogue canned SJW phrases like "woke" or "the right side of history".

Since I don't read SJW media I hadn't heard it until now but searching for the term I see it's being used a lot, to the point it's become completely obnoxious in leftist SJW sites.

Is this like when journalists got asspained about "fake news", tried to co-opt it, then got even more anally aggravated because they kept getting called fake news?

Kellyanne Conway is the one who coined the phrase. She was Trump's campaign manager.

OP is right in the sense that it is liberals trying to be anti-trump and patronize him

It's not a giant quest with blatant pushing, but Holla Forums is known for being autistic and having zero experience with subtlety, so of course they don't understand that allowing this is just gateway for more and more shit like this to continue.
its a loss-loss because if you complain liberals get marketing and attention, and if you let it happen they continue to throw more lib shit because no one stops them.

The best thing to do is to calmly, smugly and professionally tell them theyre meshing politics into entertainment for their agenda pushing and thats not ok.

And no OP is justified for being triggered considering current events of the left and their kikery. Its being on guard that keeps Holla Forums pro-active.

So why is OP heavily triggered? Isn't it quoted by their party? I'm confused who's supposed to get triggered.

Go watch the interview with Conway where she first said that, and then watch the scene.

Just look at the post above yours you retard.

"and ever since the media has been trying really hard to force it as a meme"

It's just 2 words. Grow a thicker skin nigger

I don't give a shit about the two words. It's the implications you retard down the road, if you want every japanese game that gets translated to be pozzed up by some powertripping localization hipster, then be my guest and be smug that your above the butthurt.

The easiest way to settle this bitching contest would be if anyone knows the nip script and if that's the actual phrase the character used at that point, or at least something like this can be derived from, you know Occams razor and all that.

What's wrong with the word "propaganda"

Ignis is a total autist who would use the most complicated way to word things, that's what.

Okay. I summoned up enough of my autism and look the at original nip version of this scene. Turns out worse than I thought. I speak some nip, not good at translating though, wordings and all that.

”そういう話もあるだけだ だが 今は考えるより。”
"There's only rumour/mentioning about 'that' (context: monster being afraid of crystal). But, rather than thinking about that now . . . (we should gtfo)"

So, which sea should we tie the translator to a rock and drop he/she/it/xir in?

So it's not even close to "alernative facts"? They were talking about something completely different?

They fucked up the whole scene so badly it is almost entirely different story. Original goes something like this:

"Monsters that are equipped with crystal huh?"
"Aren't crystal supposed to affect them?"
"There's only rumour/mentioning about that. But, rather than thinking about that now…"

The translation, here .

Is this real?

I always took "alternative facts" to be the opposite of "mainstream lies".
I think its original meaning, in context, was supposed to be either "the facts that the MSM is intentionally leaving out of the story in order to spin the narrative" or "an alternate interpretation of the facts". Either way, taken out of context it makes it sound as though the administration are the ones trying to distort the truth, which is why the MSM is trying to push it so hard.

At any rate, regardless of how "wrong" or "right" the politics is, it shouldn't be there because it's not what they're talking about. It would be just as bad if they'd had a line at the beginning about wanting the Empire to pay for the Wall.

(At least "alternative facts" is generic enough that the line will still make sense long after the Trump smear attempt is lost in the mists of history; as opposed to the Gamergate line in Prison School, which never made sense to begin with and is already horribly dated.)

The addition to chapter 13 is mindboggingly stupid and a new low for Squeenix. You get to see how a supporting character died and a confirmation of the motives of one villain which should have been in the game. It's clearly cut content. The gameplay itself lasts for half an hour and is boring and easy, with just a taste of how Gladio plays to "encourage" you to buy the DLC with him. It's disgusting. There is nothing of any real value. Anyone that even cares about this crap at this point is a confirmed shill.

He's one of the Burchs that forced us out of 4chan.

Depends. Some see it as a retelling of the story but with more blatancy put in on things people saw as issues, others is using the circumstances to come up with something interesting.
Sword Art Online, Hellsing and early YGO abridged are the only good ones.

Why would you fuck up a fun character like this? Why not just use Odin?