/agdg/ + /vm/

"1 bit shit" edition!

Resources:
>>>/agdg/
>>>/vm/

Old thread:

There's still that shitty 1 bit clicker jam going on for 12 hours which is more than enough time for the theme. :^)
itch.io/jam/1-bit-clicker-jam
Ludum Dare is in 3 weeks.
ludumdare.com/compo/

Other urls found in this thread:

archives.collectorsfirearms.com/search.php?search=Fine Carved Meerschaum Pipe&sort=pricedesc
archives.collectorsfirearms.com/?search=carved shotgun&sort=pricedesc&category=&product=S3882
archives.collectorsfirearms.com/?search=carved shotgun&sort=pricedesc&category=&product=ah2128
pmav.eu/stuff/javascript-game-of-life-v3.1.1/
vid.me/Doodsrsly/albums/grandmas-boy-the-click-adventure-game-2017
files.catbox.moe/b1ubco.mp3
beelzebox.net/2017/04/05/konspiracja-arpgs-and-fonts/
archive.is/n7ncu
wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Mesh/Face_Info_Select
nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/nintendo_switch_chip_x-ray_suggests_the_console_is_running_a_stock_nvidia_tegra_x1
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBKDuv-qJpTbCsXHsxcoSSsMarnfyNhHF
fabiensanglard.net/
lambdawars.com/
pastebin.com/bXHkbw7D
pastebin.com/jZzThhzp
gitgud.io/blux/lizardry/blob/master/cunt.lua
hastebin.com/obakigahob.cs
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck, why does that clicker jam last for 2 fucking weeks?

I could make a 1 bit mouse-only clicker game before that jam starts in 10 hours.

The mace is textured and everything.

Next is a shotgun. If anyone has good shotguns for inspiration or reference, I'm all ears.

Mein Neger.

I'm looking for some less faggy shit for you to make, but it's all faggy shit. Nobody carves tits on guns like they're supposed to.

Some of these guns are pretty though.
archives.collectorsfirearms.com/search.php?search=Fine Carved Meerschaum Pipe&sort=pricedesc

Oh fugg :—-DD I forget to post demn model which I made for my ARWM mod.

I just realized something. Objectively speaking, I am just one tier above a POS asset flipper dev that Jim Sterling loves to deride. Which is entirely fine, I don't have the resources to even attempt to make a popular indie game with lots of content. I'm not good at shilling, so Kickstarter is not viable. I'm also pretty sure my game ideas are niche (since their inspirations are niche), while at the same time they're not the type of gameplay that would attract autists. I also realized that while I go "meh" at the most popular games, I actually enjoy a lot of universally shitty games such as pic related. And as a developer, you're supposed to make the kinds of games you like because that's where the passion is and you want the passion to be transferred to your craft.

So I like playing weeb shovelware. It therefore makes sense I become a developer of weeb shovelware. What's worse than a shitty Japanese game? A shitty Japanese style game made by a non-Japanese. So there you have it. I just have to embrace it. There's a lot of magic that can be had from digging into the heavily discounted bin of a video games store. Remember we're still talking about playable from start to finish games here, the kinds of games that blessed the Playstation 2 and even some later gen console library (before shovelware devs decided to become full blown scammers and migrated to ad and microtransaction infused mobile timewasters).

To me, Undertale / Stardew Valley devs are the AAA, anyone else who's published a ten dollar game on Steam is AA. I would be perfectly happy to be an indie shovelware developer. Yes, I think this will suit me just fine (pats myself).

Benelli 828 U
Video games need more over/under shotguns
Please, don't make yet another wanker shotgun.

chives.collectorsfirearms.com/?search=carved%20shotgun&sort=pricedesc&category=&product=S3882

Here's a classic shotgun. Get it enchanted by a /fringe/ wizard and kill some mummies.

archives.collectorsfirearms.com/?search=carved shotgun&sort=pricedesc&category=&product=S3882

Wanker as in underpowerd? You don't have to worry about that. Shotguns that loose their effectiveness at 10 feet are a pet peeve of mine. You'll still be able to kill a guy at 50 yards.

Also because this game is close quarters I'm contemplating having more than one kind of shotgun.

I should have specified, this is the shotgun I'm giving to the enemies. Expertly crafted, personalized firearms with exquisitely done engravings with come later.

Oh boy! Jelly donuts are my favorite!

No, pump action shotguns.

dhose ain't no jelly donuts :—–DD

for a comparison

How about bolt-action shotguns that are not represented at all, eh? Check your privileges, shitlord.

Pump-action is gay as fuck, two barrels are a thing of the past.

Lies
Those don't exist!
That's shooped!
neat shotgun

If you poopoo Gen. Beauregard's weapon of choice, then I don't know what you want. Apparently underbarrel shotguns were all the rage back in the day.
archives.collectorsfirearms.com/?search=carved shotgun&sort=pricedesc&category=&product=ah2128
Rare Le Mat 2nd model revolver manufactured in Paris. 8-shot 10.6mm with 16 gauge shotgun barrel below. Popular gun with the Confederacy. Jeb Stuart and Gen. Beauregard both carried them. This gun is in fine condition with about 25-30% blue. Le Mats with any original blue are scarce. One of classic percussion revolvers of the Civil War!

I could see these for some kind of ridiculously huge cartridge, like a W40k bolter but as a shotgun instead of a pistol. Like you're firing a can-of-soda sized shell.

I'm not saying it's a bad gun, it's a beautiful gun, I'm saying it wouldn't make sense for every enemy in the game to have it.

filled with 3/8 bearing balls

Looks pretty real, good job.

Y-your game does work on lignux right?

Of course.
It's rather cool how all of the big engines started supporting it in the recent years. For all the shit Valve has been doing (instead of games), being pretty much the first big studio to make a push in this direction is something I'm grateful for.

Why not?

I use Linux to begin with and I'm hardly in a state to build for another OS

you are the heroes we deserve

I haven't made progress on my 3D Zelda knock off in almost 6 months

it's the thought that counts

I am developing on loonix, fuck macroshaft tbh.

death to micro$haft

ofcourse

For the love of fucking god make an 1897, user.

that guy who was making maps in the last thread, how would you approach making a tribes map?

(cross-thread)
gimp mostly if you are using photographs. Import then correct then make seamless and generate normal maps

for cartooney stuff i paint some clues with blender then finish on krita

I plan to learn inkscape for logos, but since i haven't used it much i can't recommend it

Ithaca 37 is my kinda shit man.

Are any of you Unityfags upgrading to 5.6 for Vulkan support?

How do you deal with meshes with very disproportionate parts in the UVs? I'm working on a 2h sword, and the blade is much much longer and larger than the grip, not to mention the pommel. If I try to keep them proportionate (so the texture resolution is similar), anything but the blade will be tiny on the UV (because the blade being so long, it will reach from one corner to the other of the 0-1 space while still being very small). I end up with basically only 1/5th of the square used, so if I used this for a texture, I'd need some stupid resolution on it to look good. What do I do? Separate UV channels for different parts?

This actually goes for the blade too, due to being so long and narrow I really can't get any decent scale on it since it will go out of bounds.

Pic unrelated, I think

Actually OP, it starts in 12 (now 5) hours.
It runs until April 14th.

Over two weeks.

wtf is a one bit clicker

It's in the OP
Some shitty meme gamejam where you can only use two colors (muh 1 bit), and no keyboard input, only the mouse. Also there are no other technical restrictions so the 1-bit restriction is entirely artificial

Also it has to be a clicker/incremental game

the examples on the itch.io all use way more than 2 colors.

Honestly, gamejams that would be restricted to using obsolete hardware, while entirely pointless, would be kinda cool.
Haven't seen all that many of them. It's usually just Demo Comps.

Done
pmav.eu/stuff/javascript-game-of-life-v3.1.1/

Even better. I upgraded to Unreal 4.

Yeah, realized that right after posting thanks to
Might actually do something, I don't have spare time to dev for myself all that often but with two weeks those little bits add up.
Green and purple colour scheme obviously.

Now that I put a little bit more thought into it…
What if you make a virtual keyboard?

That's allowed, it's listed in their FAQ

I made a new Coal Power Plant the third one is the old model. Hmm I might try adding a few more tiny details before I am gonna texture it. Roughly based on the 4th pic PP.

Yeah it burns ""coal"" alright.

cancer

uhh the only "lore" I have right now is a bunch of ayy lamos are squatting very heavily in some parts of yuropoor where they do their usual ayys things, and the players faction territory is around the Scandinavian and Baltic area where from here he has to push the ayys back. I don't give much a fug about the story since I am not very creative on this type of thing.

Add some 2deep4u shit and over the top torture scenes and you're good.

Just make the texture not a square.

I laughed

how do i generate per face normals?

You simply add some extra triangles to the blade, so you can mark them as seams and put them next to each other on the UV.

hmmm something like this? :—–DD

Who is truly the monster: the criminal, or the one who tortures him?

The ayy of course.

Sure it is, user! Don't you like jelly donuts? They're sweet and refreshing! Here, have a couple, you'll feel better.

I don't run linux, but several of my friends use it and they can run my game fine.
I dunno if they have to compile something first or do some editing, though.

No dhey are nodd :—–DD I brefer 100% made in ameriga jelly donouts and burgers

step it up user

also for that Kowloon City user, the Daily Mail has got a p. neat article with some pics when i last looked

It's a pretend 1-bit contest where they follow lolsoretro indie rules for no reason

There are no actual technical constraints.

BURGER

Now we're talking :—–DD

the one who enjoys it,

lel not really but you are thinking in modern morality not traditional morality. traditionally its only wrong to do wrong to your "kin" family tribe nation whatever their being no universal standard. that one is not to do for a stranger what you would do for family. and in this context if someone is part of your kin group than acts against it then he is no longer "kin" ergo the morality no longer applies to his person. modern morality ignores/denies/shames the fact that people care about family more than strangers. about their fellow citizens before the foreigner. this is not something new or unnatural. or is it wrong. quite ironically, this ideology that is now pushed by liberals was the basis for Christianity, and the Christians where more or less the first promoter at least in Europe.

Your textures don't need to be square.

oh wow that's fucking retarded

Jesus christ user please contain your autism

Did some pants for fat people
This looks reasonably okay, right?

I'm starting to consider procedural generation but that would only make me hate the damn thing even more. I wish I could find some decent builders but I only find furfag MUSH trash.

You're right, I could make it make sense

At least your game is … interactive?
All my projects have been cornflower blue defaults forever

Good. If you don't want it to be a cap & ball revolver, you can bullshit it to be a cartridge conversion like in Westworld.

definitely needs some work, but it's getting there

vid.me/Doodsrsly/albums/grandmas-boy-the-click-adventure-game-2017

navigate with the comment section!

Progress is progress, mate.

Thanks.

I could make it work. I'm not going to.
Wanker shotgun here I come.

help

lol

I can't even understand what your question means, like are you using ngoons and want to make them regular triangles?, do you want to relocate the side your faces are looking at?

like i just want to generate normals for a bunch a triangles

But triangles already have normals. Do you want to know how to calculate a normal given three vertices?

10/10 would DEUS VULT with

Is it with the dot product of all 3, with the winding order determining polarity?

do you mean to create normal maps?

Cross product, not the dot product.

like normals as in to into light

My ears are bleeding, but I need more like 15:00-20:00 so that I can send it to my musicfag friend for dissection

wheres the joke
also vidme's interface is still gay as fuck

post your fucking progress

Y-yes, I made progress… l-let me just fetch it real quick…

I read a lot but didn't actually work on anything because my C is still weak

I started on a mobile game for quick cash.

I've been trying really hard to make pixel art that isn't total shit.The only downside is it took days just to make one sprite.

Are those eyes or shiny highlights?

they're eyes, the idea is it's an LCD panel on his face with some lines for eyes. He'd have multiple expressions with them.

I made the Coal Power Plant and I redone the Motorpool a bit. Some goy was kind enough to write for me a non scaling UV image importer in blender so I could port my other models into Spring because they used 2 diffuse textures.

man why don't you all niggas move over endchan.xyz/v/ instead, fuck jim

Because at least we're relatively safer from goon squads here since we know where their hubs are.

Also this shit is giving me Zero Hour flashbacks, what kinda rts are you making?

That's pretty cool man, just as a small artistic point I think it needs a bit more distinction. I.E a more distinctive head shape, panels, maybe make him a bit thinner/shapely
Other than that it's really neat, good job

got the hang of cube2 controls and have been making map nonstop

i'll touch up the shape after I finish making the female model, I was trying to make it look like a boxy run down robot but it is a little to blockish.

I got almost nothing finished. I had to work and what time I did have was full of indecisions.

Like I have no idea how to structure my data for my shoppers so that they can have any number of clothing drawn jn any arbitrary layers, but at the same time if I make it flexible, then theres a ton of lookups to retrieve the data, or else creating many one-off objects to process things per frame

I-I tried writing a song again!
T-that's progress, yes?
files.catbox.moe/b1ubco.mp3

spent the rest of the time refreshing Holla Forums and drawing more dialogue trees.

Because that SnakeDude or whose name it was is funding the Endchan imageboard is a goon? Well he is gone now and there is only OdiliTime and Balrog left so they rely on donations now, meh I guess I am going to post at both sides then even when the other one is much slower then here. just like the /vm/ and /lv/ board ;_;

Apart from procrastination Well I want to make a modern warfare like game for Spring RTS since it is lacking that sort of game right now with a focus on Player vs Environment style balance so that I don't have to worry much about other balance types that and I have also the excuse to have a few AI oriented faction which I am going to make soon, I haven't seen a RTS game doing that. on Economy well ideally I want to have some sort of mini-economy management system built in so that they have a greater impact for the Panzer Elite faction they would need at least: Coal, Uranium and Steel maybe credits too I am not sure about that one, for the Alien faction they could probably use Helium-3, some sort of Crystal and Steel too I guess.

Combat will work a bit differently, the basic idea is that any gun is well a gun so there won't things like ZSU-23 Shilka that can only fire at air targets like this is the case for the Samson in Balanced Annihilation apart from some few specialized weapon such as SAM missiles or so. The units scale will be a bit bigger since I don't like the idea doing a lot of models just so that the players plays most of the time in "icon wars" mode.

Right now I am a bit thinking how I should do the T-64 series since there is a lot of varieties of it and I am limited to only 1 diffuse texture.

Very noice, is there any newer version of that or something? The last time I checked on Cube 2 it was like 3 years old already.

There's the SVN builds of Tesseract if you don't mind trading baked lightmaps for realtime global illumination.

Oh Tesseract yeah it should run fine on my machine since Cube 2 is very well optimized. What bugs me with that game is that there is only a few modes available with 2 instagib weapons only, I am a bit surprised that there is no addon support for this one yet since it has a decent mapping feature which goes so far it can be done in multiplayer.

i'm still waiting for that one game that looks like fallout shelters but without micro transaction and full rpg experience.

We back? Sweet. Now I got an excuse not to do progress!

The shading looks really wonky and I feel like it's gonna be a nightmare to animate. Use waaay less unique colors.

so does this work now?
we going to get all the nodevs back because i found some of them on bunkers but sheet.

i did some work on my map editor adding undo and redo functionality and some other stuff

the shading does look a little off, it's more of a proof of concept than anything concrete. I was trying out a brush kind of shading but I don't think it works, i'll probably just use it for a really dark area in the game like only having his face illuminated and a small fraction of his body so the shading looks like an inconsistent flicker.

i'm not sure what you mean by less unique colors, there's only 6 on there minus the shading.

reminds me of Paper Mario 64, which is an artstyle I'm inspired by too, though the shading is certainly different, or, lacking, should I say.
It might look good if you apply the shading in engine itself. as for right now, the cloak having way less detail than the armor makes it look really strange.

an old webm of my project, just in case you're curious. though it doesn't show the colors off all that great, due to compression.

Smooth shading and pixel art don't mix very well. It's an easy solution but it always looks worse than placing shadows and highlights by hand or giving the gradient visible "steps". It's a thing lazy indieshits do. Either do one thing or the other.
Anyway, look at how other pixel art does it's shading and coloring. Maybe try making the outline inside of the sprite thinner than outside, and give areas like the chest under the cloak darker. That might improve the overall look.

is this in rpg maker? I wasn't sure what to use for my game, I was just going to use gaymaker since that's all I know.

It's Game Maker: Studio. I'm not sure you can do some of this stuff, like the shadows and lighting in RPG Maker. At the very least, it'd require a lot of external Lua fuckery.

alright, i'll have to fiddle around with it then. I got game maker studio a while back but I never bothered digging into it. All my experience comes from game maker 7.

i was working with 8 for a long time.
honestly, there's only a few things that you need to know.
shaders now exist, and read up on them. particle systems, i think, are new, and handled exclusively by the GPU. and the audio system is completely different, and way less shit.
everything else is the same.

Yo, Its me again, Showing off some of the Thief Class game play and such!

Its finally nice to have this place back up now

Won't the Warrior be kinda boring to play with if you don't have objects laying around to throw at enemies?

I was wondering about the Warrior as well, seems definitively weaker than other classes we've seen so far.

Literally who cares.

I SHOULD probably point out that every class has EXCLUSIVE weapons, but that doesn't mean they are exclusive to those weapons.

So the Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Minigun, Magnum, Helios Communicator and Crossbow can be used by any class. This includes Spell books, too; The only thing exclusive are the character perks, passive abilities and weapons such as the Sword, Mace, Axe, etc.

It should be noted then, for example, that the rocket launcher does more damage with the Warrior then the Thief, due to their stats.

Its a System Shock 2 Ripoff if you wanted to be technically correct

Do you masturbate to Mickey Mouse?

Nice, thanks for the heads up

Speebot demo coming later this month…

Is there a resource anyone knows of for 3D math? I want to collide things accurately in 3D space, mostly lines with endpoints AB and a radius of however many units

Here are some shotgun shells.
I've also been working on the shotgun itself but it's not far enough along for me to post progress.

Couldn't you put like a link to those boards on posts you make here that are also relevant there? I realize that is a way of shilling, but minor boards attract 0 people because no one reads about them in relevant shit.
What about carbon based lifeforms to run their shit? Just so you have to defend civvies and reserves other than just your base and as a way of giving you something else to worry about.

Also how did you fix the issue with CPUs in RTSs where they can either see the whole map in advance or they can only attack under a certain range of "vision"?

Why don't you read what the yellow guy has to say?! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I've been making some items and rehauling some first-iteration stuff.

Eh I just wanted to compare the activity between those sites/board so no there is no relevant post there and I put them into a spoiler for a reason which is that my post doesn't sound so shill like and there is not much point for shilling those place anyway.

I have yet to add CRAIG and/or Metal Faction AI in my mod so I don't know if they have that cheating behavior in the first place.

hmm I have a few models of those things but not used in-game currently. This idea sounds pretty neat and XTA has some sort of a spawner thing that I could use to spawn them on certain maps, I have to look into the hostility stuff somehow through so that those neutral faction are hostile by any alien faction that's the closet thing I can do.

It that, really necessary, it it going to be visible in the final game?

Yes, but they will probably be lower resolution.
Bullets move slower in the game than they do in real life, and there's a time slow mechanic making the bullets even easier to see while they're moving through the air.
The spent shells are needed for the particle effect of ejecting the spent shell from the shotgun and the loaded shells are needed during the shotgun reload animation and maybe when picking up ammo, but I'll probably just have a simple ammo box model for that.

Sounds hot.

neat

Glad to see you guys once again.

While we were out of touch, I decided to create a site for my current project.

I even got myself to actually write shit on the blog.

beelzebox.net/2017/04/05/konspiracja-arpgs-and-fonts/

How do I make game?

I'm not asking for entry level tutorial, I've mucked around this shit for over 6 years. I just … can't. I lose interest in a project, or when I stay committed to a project of my own, I focus on a minutiae that doesn't matter, or else my engine code has to be perfect.

I don't know how to get over this slump. Any time I have a fun idea, I have to modularize it, generalize it so it can be reused, and then I just choke on the idea of designing classes, because it has to be just right

i have that issue a lot, actually. It helps to be responsible for every aspect of it. Every other day, you can do something different. Spend a few days working on a particle system, spend the other two writing a song. Keep bouncing like that. It keeps it interesting, in my case, anyway.

Make the robot dance when finishing a level

Is Holla Forums finally back online? I missed lurking aggydaggy threads.

Weight paints are done, will fiddle around with the control bones more. Also spent time studying more gamedev shit but that's pseudo-progress.

Guess something like the short version of this could work. Long version would be too annoying, considering how short those stages seem.

Now combine that webm with this and bam, free marketing.

Maybe if I make a roguelike, then I can avoid having to worry about graphics, sound, and mouse input, and it'd be strictly keyboard and gameplay

But I'd still fuck it up or something

yea, you'll probably forget to make it fun

I think the new flamethrower tank looks more of a heavy tank then a medium tank hmm oh well at least it is much better optimized in terms of polygon count, meh I will scale it down so that it is just a tad bigger then a T-64 but not much bigger. Right now it's armaments are: Dual flamethrowers, couple MG, 3nd one I am not so sure maybe a 90/105mm cannon. Since OT-55 and KV-8 (?) replaced their coax-MG with a flamethrower.

The 4th picture is the very old version.

Are you saying that roguelikes are inherently not fun?

I dunno, I've always like the idea of different terrains and changing them. That's one idea I always seem to come back to no matter what project I'm on

I lost my motivation to edit the last one in any way.

Ah, the joys of reading through obscure engine docs.

I assume you're spining your head trying to come up with a way of efficiently rendering a character consisting of multiple spirites with a nontrivial ordering. My suggestion is don't. You're working with tiny resolutions and very diverse objects, meaning any system you come up with is going to be shit for performance. Instead, look at it this way: You have a bunch characters that form a multitude of unique compositions of sprites, said characters being almost entirely static. They change position, but not appearace. So why not assemble the composite sprite on the CPU, upload it to a slot in a texture, then draw a single quad with corresponding texcoords. Because why not? You can construct any arbitrary rules you like, with any arbitrary dirty hacks for corner cases that can't be expressed elegantly and then render them as efficiently as is possible. You can even use GL_POINT if a 4-vertex quad isn't to your taste. If you want to swap sprite (for turning the character) just mutate the UV coords directly. Heck, you could probably store position attributes in worldspace and forgo position uniforms entirely. In fact, you will want to do that, to avoid having to invoke a drawcall for each sprite. You may think it's bad for performance, but it's essentially what you'd do in OpenGL 1, what with sending every triangle explicitly each frame. In fact, it might be better to just use the glVertex* calls, since the data is dynamic anyway, so it hardly makes sense using a buffer.

I have a 512x512 texture that acts as a cache, holding up to 256 32x32 drawn characters. That way, I only have to update the cache once every several frames, but otherwise just draw the completed composite to the main window every draw step, saving the complexity.

The problem is assembling it to begin with. There are 4 main parts, being the head, body, and two arms. The ordering changes depending on the character's facing. I can't just draw the body in one go, because then the completed image is then flat and if I tried to draw the clothing or shirt on top of it, it wouldn't look right.

If they're facing right, I have to for example, draw the left arm, left sleeve, body, head, hair, right arm, right sleeve in that order.

But my concern was that I didn't want to commit to "sleeves", and keep it open and non arbitrary, hence the ordering and layering stuff. Another example is shirts versus accessories. A shirt consists of a body sprite and two arm sprites, but a more complex shirt might have an armband, a hoodie, or different styles associated with it, it's not just "one thing" but each piece of clothing would itself be a composite of several parts.

Sounds like you could use a simple depth buffer.

Love the music, I hope the platforming gets pretty tricky later.

The generalized draw command of XNA allows for depth sorting and layering. It's just a question of how do I set up a system that takes advantage of it, is lightweight and flexible, and also makes sense

not that user, but from the webms he's posted, it does get more interesting later on.

Just draw the Z values yourself and test per pixel as if you were dealing with 3D fragments. That way you'll have full control over the final look of the sprite, and you'll be able to position clothing at any arbitrary depth in relation to the body.

That's fine (and also it does the depth testing and shit for me), but my problem is creating the structure that holds all the data I'm feeding to the pre-existing draw commands

Like suppose the character has a "shirt" of style "10" in the body slot, I also need to find a way to express the color index from my palette, and also tell the draw command that it should draw two sleeves and a body on the correct layer from just that data.

nigga i would animate that sheet for you if you would paint one of my monstrosities 4 me

I think he meant as in, use per-texel depth values when composing sprites. Basically, for each sprite you'd have to also paint a depth map, then during composition you just do the same depth testing the GPU would. It's a lot of artwork to do, but it's the most generalized system I can think of, short of building all the sprites as 3D models and rotoscoping. If the builtin XNA stuff can't do it, you're gonna have to write some of your own code.

But sprites are just picture data, they might be used in different ways.

One piece of clothing might use two body sprites in a different way than another piece of clothing would draw one of them.

This sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. Could you rephrase?

Just use a depth texture for every sprite. When you test the depth per pixel, you don't need any other info, and the order in which you render doesn't matter, so there's no need for layers. It's just as versatile as clipping 3D models together. So the only info you would need in that situation would be a list of references to the sprite sheets, and a list of palettes to use with those.
Long story short, just pretend you're dealing with ortho 3D models. An added benefit of doing it this way is that you could always upgrade your sprites to pre-rendered 3D.

Well say I have my spritesheet and at index 10, it's a body sprite for a muscle shirt, and at index 11, it's a body sprite for an unzipped jacket

I might have a piece of clothing that draws both the muscle shirt and the jacket, and I might have one that draws just the jacket.

It's not a very good example, but to get some of the more elaborate clothing, I'd have to mix and match several pieces

I barely know how to work with 3D shit, much less the full 3D pipeline. This isn't in scope of what I'm doing, and again, XNA handles it for me, and has both per pixel depth clipping and sprite depth sorting out of the box.

Palettes don't even exist in modern hardware, they are only emulated via a shader or what have you.

I think I'm starting to understand, but I need to sleep. Maybe 177d31 can help you sort this out.

Not if user doesn't understand how a depth buffer works.

Sounds like me when I used to try to make music. Now I'm jumping into game dev and I don't want the pattern to continue. I'm taking some advice given on yt and going to build small games/prototypes with a short time restriction, like 1 week.

please use archive.is/blogs/RamiIsmail/20140226/211807/Game_A_Week_Getting_Experienced_At_Failure.php

I think there is just something about finish creative endeavors that teaches your things training all the components of said creative endeavor can not.

I'm going to submit a game to the shitty "1 bit clicker" jam in OP. I don't care if it's good or not. Hell, I'm likely just going to rip off one of the examples. But it gives me a clear goal and in spite of not being excited about it, I know I will be done with it quickly.

The per pixel depth buffering has nothing to do with my problem

*archives link
archive.is/n7ncu

The /agdg/ board is gone.

a bunch of small boards are still down.
they'll be brought back eventually… hopefully.

It hasn't been restored yet dingdong.

Is Godot a decent choice for making some lame ass 2D game?

If I wanted to make a 2D game, don't plan on selling my game, don't fear programming, but don't want to make my own engine, what would you guys suggest using?

Should I just fall for the Unity meme?

literally RPG maker is better.

Godot is fine. I plan on playing with it after 3.0 drops.

How does one implement collisions in kinematic rigidbody? I just want basic colisions such as stop when in contact with tree or a box and rebound when getting hurt, I've learned dynamic rigidbody is taxing on system. What else should I use?

If you insist.

When is the board comming back? btw progress

Progress feels pretty fuckin' good. Imagine how far I along I could be if I wasn't stuck here with you people whom I love dearly.

Added a marginally functional AI ground enemy that chases you down shooting you with smg and shotgun type weapons, a separate type of move action that executes on the next character's turn, a bunch of small stuff like the AP/TP systems, wall collisions/aerial collisions during hero action etc.

Not sure if i showed this earlier, but I added weapon sway and clamped it properly so it doesn't spaz out like in source games. Will play with the values a bit more later, but the script seems fine.

Weight painting just takes lots of trial and error to see what works and what doesn't. That, and good topology.

I am extremely confused.

Here's the script, btw, feel free to criticize.
Does anyone have any good resources to recommend for learning programming? I understand the math and can make stuff work and not run terrible, but it feels like I have a babby's understanding of the tools. No idea how I'd use something like classes or what the fuck polymorphism is.

Why does the floor look so goddamn beautiful?

I understand how the buffers and shit work and how to use them

It's how to store the data before I feed it into the buffers. And it's not an issue of not knowing that, it's purely design semantics

I just downloaded some royalty free textures to test out parallax mapping. Will make my own assets later. Might use height maps a lot if the fill rate budget allows it, sculpting the walls and floor sounds like a lot of fun.

i ment texture was meaning paint my models as in texture them i got the wight painting down

as pick related showed i couldent texture

Is this /agdg/core?

Do whatever will be the easiest to edit and extend. You can always convert it to something else later.

Must be some kind of sign.

Definitely a topic of interest for us on a historical and philosophical level, but doesn't most of /agdg/ use scripting languages? I actually didn't realize that assembly was so simple. I see people talk about it like it's the ultimate hard mode, but it looks like it's just tedious more than anything else.

I once almost shipped code that used "cocks" and "dicks" as variable names, like "foo" and "bar".

It's piss easy, but the problem is that you have to manually keep track of everything you're doing all the time and the code gets so entangled by design that it'll make your head spin. What do you think your programs translate to when compiled, anyways?

Sounds shippable to me.

I made fully modular physics doors. I can place the Blueprint in the level and then select the models and textures for the frame, door and handle/knob and the sounds. I can turn on whether and how the door creaks/squeaks.
After that I started porting my item system and inventory from Unity to Unreal. It was easy until I started with the UI. Porting the backend from C# to C++ was quite straightforward. The problem with the UI is that Unreal's system is very different from Unity's one, so I can't strictly "port" it.

Anyone know how easy it is to port Nvidia's Tegra games to the Nintendo Switch?

I was thinking of making a few dollars by porting them.

Here's the shotgun.
So long as this model seems fine to everyone here I'll work on the model for the Benelli 828U type shotgun next, before I work on the normals and texture for this model.

If you plan to use a normal map on that model, the normals of the low poly model are likely going to bite you in the ass. You shouldn't be using hard edges/flat shading in your low poly model, as it tends to create ugly seams when you apply your baked normal map.
If you plan to use the model as is and just slap a diffuse texture on it, you should still clean up the topology a bit. Stuff like pic related will produce ugly visual glitches.

Ah. Well in that case i just recommend getting into art. Painting is actually pretty simple, just time consuming. It's the drawing/understanding form part that's super hard and takes lots of studying and practice. So if your model's good enough, then renderer will take care of the "making it pretty" part.

Are you gonna be making the normal maps manually, or will you make a high detail model and bake the normals? Can you show the wireframe, the model seems pretty high poly to me.
Also, what said is partially true, but if you want a hard edge on a normal map, you should just make a uv seam in that spot.

I also got artifacts when I had a hard edge in the same place as a UV seam.

Are you baking with cages or the default projection thingy in blender?

what's a good way to hash a 2D vector of floats
Currently I'm converting them to a string but it inefficient
Maybe i could turn the floats into a double somehow?

I have more time to work on my project

The openGL renderer is far more developed, but i'm catching up with vulkan

I had the problem when I used default in xNormal. I tried cages too and while it helped, it required quite a bit of work to fix all the different artifacts.
When you set your entire model to smooth shading and just bake the normals from your highpoly model, it just werks.

Just enable "ignore backface hits" to get rid of a ton of artifacts, then you can just fatten (alt-s if i remember correctly) the cage until it covers the entire model.

I always have that turned on.
I wish I could show you an example, but I'm not using xNormal anymore. I switched over to Substance entirely.
Besides that I just don't see the point in messing around with cages and making sure all the UV seams play nice with the hard edges, if I could just smooth shade it and be done with it.

Not sure about those specifically, but Snake Pass was ported and functional in a week.

It's just a bit more effort and a much nicer result tho. And once you figure it out once it works forever.

I didn't have any "accuracy problems", if that's what you're thinking. I heard that there are cases in which a cage is necessary, but I haven't run into one yet. If memory serves, when you don't use a cage, your application auto-generates one for you. Thus far, the only time I had a problem with baking the various maps for a model was when I had a pistol model. And that problem was solved by exploding the model before baking.

Oh neat a Resonance of Fate clone. Keep up the good work user.

C# has a GetHashCode function on every object which is an int. You could maybe reinterpret the float's bits as an int (not casting) and do like X*17^Y

I have no idea but thatd be my first naive approach

Well, if it works for you then that's fine, though just for info, most applications don't generate a cage by default, they just project rays in the direction of the surface's normal.

I'm forecasting a stall in progress due to recent game releases, but I'll try and devote some time to this.

There's a jerkcity for every situation.
This one sounds pretty /agdg/ to me.

alright i changed it was surprisingly easy actually
this is C++ btw

long l1 = static_cast(k.x);
long l2 = static_cast(k.y);
long d = l1;
d = d

>>>/agdg/ is back up

no it isn't, numbnuts. try clicking on the catalog.
it 404s.

Doesn't 404 for me. Made a post.
>>>/agdg/28832

shit, works now too.
seriously 404d two minutes ago.
either Codenigger brought it back in that time, or i guzzle cocks for a living.

i don't think you understand my problem every time i work on something else i lose track of how to do previous thing. i can model rig and animate together but then i lose track of my programming. and when i program i lose track on my riggs/models. on top of all of this i bounce back into those things but cant seem to get into the textures no matter how long and hard i work on it. and after a week i'm out of modeling mode and programming mode. and don't have anything presentable.

That sorta thing sorts itself out with time, preferably try to do a little bit of y when you're focusing on x.

i need to be obsessive to make any progress

Have fun needing a $2000 PC to run a game with N64 graphics.

Well, he is not completely incorrect.
Compared to UE4, Unity is fairly lightweight. Even if you turn off all kinds of shit in UE4 because it's utterly bloated by default, it's still loaded with shit you won't need for a game below AA tier.
If you don't want to waste time writing your own engine, or changing half of the UE4 source code, Unity is the best option for smaller/indie 3d games, and not just for you but also for potential people that buy your game with low tier PCs.

When I talk about working on the normals I mean manually going in and fixing the problems you're pointing out.
I will be making the normal map by hand.

Oh shit the truth comes out. I can't model complex objects for shit

Install this Blender plugin and fix all the Ngons.
wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Mesh/Face_Info_Select

He's not really memeing. I once downloaded one of the finalists for one of UE4's game jam's that had low-poly art, and I was barely able to get 25ish frames. The game wasn't even packed to the brim with assets either, just a tunnel simulator with the occasional light flare.

My 2GB card has carried me for a while, and still carries me through all low-tier indie games, so there's no excuse.

The switch uses a tegra as it's processor (CPU+GPU), so it's very likely all the games use OpenGL (unless Nintendo got them to write drivers for whatever insane graphics API Nintendo products use). If so, it should mostly be a matter of porting to the switch's OS and infrastructure, similar to porting an OpenGL game between windows and linux. Basically, either a mess of unentangling the codebase from hardcoded assumptions of the environment to just writing some thin adapter layer. It also depends on how different the platforms are API-wise. Seeing as it is Nintendo, I would not be surprised if you don't even have a traditional file system, instead having some sort of weird 'datastore' concept or whatever. Or it's basically like any other OS with a file system, threads, input polling etc. Hard to know without documentation, which I assume is not publicly available, knowing Nintendo.

Has this been confirmed? I remember there was a facebook post by ARM claiming that instruction set was very similar to Tegra, but when questioned about it by the press the deleted the post and denied to comment.

nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/nintendo_switch_chip_x-ray_suggests_the_console_is_running_a_stock_nvidia_tegra_x1

The console supports Vulkan too, so hopefully 3rd party developers will make good use of that.

Now since getting a hash code is essential to things like dictionaries, and this is presumably a primitive or widely-used type (I mean, vec2s are pretty common), you might considering one-lining that so it doesn't use any variables and just returns.

>return (static_cast(k.x)

I am familiar with Unreal's performance characteristics. Yes, it is heavier than Unity — even substantially so —, but it's not that crazy. I tested it on my father's laptop and could make it run at 720p after playing with some console commands (I haven't configured the graphics presets yet). The thing is that my father's laptop is utter dogshit when it comes to 3d performance and performance in general. It's four or so years old and has a mobile i3 that was underpowered for its time already, combined with a GeForce 410M (256 or 512 MB VRAM). And all of that on an outdated Ubuntu installation. That thing is super slow.

Never underestimate the incompetence of indie devs, especially when looking at game jams where they're under time pressure. I don't know what hardware you have exactly, but don't forget that there's tons and tons of Unity games that run even worse than they look.

I can't do much at this point. I can reassure you that I care deeply about performance, that I have plans to build a rig that's close to the minimal system requirements I'm going for and that I'm not going for Star Citizen tier quality.
If time were no concern to me, I would consider another engine switch. Not to Unity though, but CryEngine. I remember the sample scene of the free CryEngine 3 SDK (AAA-tier forest level) running with acceptable performance on the aforementioned shitty laptop. Since it's above and beyond of what I'm aiming for quality wise, I'd give it a chance. Maybe the newest version still scales down that good.
The biggest problems with CE are the fact that no one knows how long CryTek will still be around and that the asset pipeline was apparently written by Satan himself.

This actually makes me feel a lot better about all the time I'm spending trying to optimize my pixelshit grocery store thing instead of actually making it.

it won't happen.
Fuck, even Wii games could look okay with polish, look at Sonic Colors. But nobody cared enough to try.
At least with this, the architecture seems to be more traditional, so it might be easier to take advantage of it.
which reminds me of this video for some reason. probably the fact that no one could figure out the architecture behind the thing, so they just ported their SNES entries and only used the Motorola chip.

Can someone recommend resources about engine developing? Mostly I'm curious about C and engines resembling Quake or Half-Life.
I just wanna watch and read something more after I enjoyed watching Handmade Quake:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBKDuv-qJpTbCsXHsxcoSSsMarnfyNhHF

why though?

If you haven't already, check out fabiensanglard.net/ . He's written several source code reviews of the id Tech engines and you'll probably find them helpful even though id Tech 4 uses C++.

Thanks, user.

XOR is considered a safe method of mixing random data while preserving its randomness. Since hash codes are supposed to be random-ish (actually, not really, but w/e), it's a good operator to use. I'm sure a computer scientist could prove some useful properties, but afaik every crypto system, even modern ones, involve XOR for heavy lifting, so it probably has merit.

actually now that i think about it in this particular case XOR and OR would do the exact same thing
Since I bit shifted the number all the way to the left it should be all zeroes I'm basically just putting the two numbers after eachother.

Make sure long is actually 64 bits. In my C code on Linux long long is 64 bits long is just 32 bits.

I think they just use XOR because
So you could use b as a shitty encryption key.

how do I make sure it is?

nvm unless you are using some outdated piece of crap it will be 64 bits. Just one of those things I keep thinking about because of this machine.

Basically these.

You want the hash to be ordered and not random, yet unsequential and reproduceable. Changing one input bit should affect all output bits.

Of course for a primitive type like int32 you can use the number itself as a hash since it pretty much guarantees uniqueness. It gets a bit trickier with things like strings (though LOR and XOR each character as a byte is common)

It all depends on how secure you want your hash; most languages have it work out of the box, and you dont need to worry about its strength unless you're workong with cryptography functions (in which case you can use a library like md5 or sha1 with your own unique salts)

How often do you guys finish programming one thing, then realize that you haven't fully conceptualized the next step?

I often find myself leaving my computer to figure out how to handle the next problem, because I'll get distracted by fun things if I stay there, and cook/shower/do housework/anything to occupy my body while my brain works through it. I can't program without knowing what I'm doing, but at the same time, it seems like I should have a better understanding of each part in the first place, because this will inevitably lead to lots of wasted effort if I realize down the line that I should have done a previous step in a different way, but it also seems like I can't anticipate that being the case.

Am I not properly organizing/fleshing out my game and its systems, or is this just how it goes?

I can finally download Visual Studio in a sensible amount of time.

I usually just find something else to work on, and when I finally think of something to do with it, I go back to it.

Kowloon user here, having procrastinated like mad during the sites downtime.
I'm making a game that I consider cyberpunk but I'm having a hard time thinking up a story that doesn't simply put the cyberpunk on a backseat as only aesthetic. Would a story that is POST-cyberpunk still count? My current idea is that humanity essentially became so technologically advanced and Jewified that we became a hivemind capable of bending the universe to our whim. Desiring to speak to another such as ourself we called upon our own doom, signaling a cosmic horror "god" which crept ever closer. In an attempt to stop it from consuming the Earth the whole world was reset to a backup state of sorts. Due to the existence of the "god machine" allowing the world to be reset it and the tower it resides in were all that remained untouched. Humanity itself collectively lost the entirety of its memory whilst still being surrounded by an unending city. Humanity was forced to completely relearn everything.
The majority of this will not really be seen at all and only hinted at with the later levels taking place higher and higher up in the city. This is because you are the nameless sniper. You are fighting your way up the towers and eerily empty buildings because your home, a small district of the city, has been offered a chance to join and be given jobs at one of the more prestigious corporations that now control this capitalistic anarchist shithole. You only have to do one thing; find out what is at the top and deliver it.
The higher you get the more you'll encounter fucked up shit and from hearing quotes from the mecha pilots in battle you'll begin to get an understanding of why the world is so horrid.
The main themes from NPC dialogue would be entropy, fear of death, memetics in a post-internet world, societal regression, religion in a post-technology world, and escapism. Every level would have a different hub each with their own NPCs, shops, sidequests, and minigames. You aren't going to be finding any anti-mecha rifle rounds just laying about, after all.
You have to buy your equipment as you talk to NPC's and learn a bit more about their personal problems and how they tie into the major themes of nig-rigged technology in common life.

The core of cyberpunk is "High tech, low life".
Here's your high tech:
even if nobody knows how it works, the tech is still be present and used, which is all that matters

Here's your low life:
The main character is a part of the low life of the city, contrasted against the "high" life of the powerful corporations.

Your story is cyberpunk as fuck. If you're really worried make it so that the corporation is only allowing for the upward economic mobility for purely selfish reasons. Maybe all of their other employees died due to unsafe work conditions, or they are expanding and they need more factory workers. And make it clear that even through they are going out of the frying pan and into the fire, the frying pan is still way, way worse than the fire.

what the fuck

Okay, I think I've got my sprite layering thing sorted out (no pun intended)

nvidia refuses to release a vulkan driver for my GPU

Is post-cyberpunk like post-irony?

post-irony is post-post-modernism.

That image seems inappropriate

I'd buy this tbh.

Especially if it had a level editor.

I mean it works, I'm just overwhelmed with how much shit i needed to juggle for this. Any idea on how to make the IK target copy the rotation of the forearm so it's easier to pose?

Yes

Sanity check:
I can cache all the drawn states of an NPC within a 64x64 texture. I want to have a hard cap of 4096 NPCs. I want each cache texture to be 512x512 in size, which means each can hold 64 NPCs in memory, requiring a total of 64 textures to hold all the data.

Is that excessive?

A 512x512 texture is at most 1MB uncompressed.

This was incredibly awesome to watch

Texture compression doesn't matter because it'll be on the graphics card, stored as 32 bits per pixel. I can't change that.

512x512 texture at 32 bits = 1,024 kb = 1 mb
64 textures would then be 64 mb

Developing is just an iterative process.

Plan something > Implement it > Test it > Refactor for efficiency > Repeat

Sometimes you notice things you shouldn't have done. Congratulations, you at least learned how to NOT do something for that case. Pick up, plan again, and move on.

What are you even talking about?

It takes an average of 20 draw calls to fully construct one of my NPCs. Each one looks unique and is sprite based, instancing does not apply here. I'm drawing all of that to a texture and caching it to avoid 20 calls per frame.

i figured it out

I wasn't paying attention.

Data entry is … "fun"
I can't really think of a way to automate this since I have to verify the regions and stuff.

Each line itself is basically an automation command to calculate a series of image indexes

So /agdg/, I need some quality ideasguy input. I'm the faggot making the 3d Zelda knockoff and I thought of a unique idea. A fleshed out dancing system where movements of the joystick and button presses do certain dance moves when you go into 'dance mode'. Think the timed conducting of the wind in WW but your character actually dances around. The question is, how the fuck do I make this a meaningful mechanic? That's to say, isn't just a reskin of combat or spell-casting. I was thinking of having special NPCs that you can dance with to unlock stuff or improve relations if you follow the dance well. But how could I possibly make dancing a more central mechanic like music was in OoT/MM? I've hit an ideaguy wall.

Well, I think a good idea would be to use the dance moves in a way like Muscle March does, and that's to prevent damage. Like, let's say the enemy shoots a volley of arrows at you. If you pose just right at the right time, you could dodge them. This would probably be QTE cancer and break up the gameplay though. Maybe you can refine the idea.

install linux

How does that work?
You read the data from the spreadsheet and then apply the values?
If so, why not use a database instead?

I finished texturing the heavy flamethrower tank now.

The 64-bit datamodel is not determined by the platform you're running your application on, but by the compiler. The C and C++ standards do not specify the size of any variable type except char. To conform to the standard you have to ensure that sizeof(char) == sizeof(signed char) == sizeof(unsigned char) == 1.
Unless you're programming with a really old compiler for some exotic platform, your compiler should support explicit width integer types. If not, you can still fall back to either minimum-width integer types of fastest minimum-width integer types. Both of these have to be supported by your compiler, if it conforms to the standards.
(u)int64_t; // explicit width, optional(u)int_fast64_t; // fastest minimum width, may be longer than 64 bits!(u)int_least64_t; // minimum width, may be longer than 64 bits!

I actually get this quite a lot and usually end up doing nothing until i finally figure it out.

That's not quite correct, the C standard integer types have minimum ranges. char must have at least 8 real* bits, short and int at least 16, long at least 32, long long at least 64. There are some requirements for float and double too, but floating-point arithmetic is a topic of its own.

* i.e. not counting padding bits, but virtually no platform uses these nowadays

Are you sure? I have the final drafts for the standards right here and it doesn't mention that. Is it possible that this falls under "a thing that all compiler devs just kinda do, but isn't actually part of the standard"? I mean that's the entire point of the "(u)intn_t" types. I'd check the actual standard, but it's expensive as fuck.
One way or another, the user who asked should be using either "(u)int64_t" or "(u)int_fast64_t", if he wants to ensure that he has enough space for 64 bits regardless of compiler.

I have ISO:IEC 9899:TC2 here. It's on page 21, section 5.2.4.2.1.

Thanks, fam. Missed that part when I looked into this for my paper (luckily it seems like my professor didn't notice).

Some quality entries in this jam

getting some sweet C&C generals vibes here

but the second game has at least four colors that i can see.
jesus, how hard is it to use only two colors?

I had a dream where i was playing my rts game with 3 other people and it was really fun. thing is my game isn't really in a playable state yet.
What does this mean?

you should hurry up and finish it so that I can play it

feels pretty ok

Libre C&C Generals tbh, it's the last RTS game made by EA where they didn't made a major screw up
and funnily enough it still has plenty of gud mods to play with.

best lip that skirt and give us a tease babe

tib wars KW is pretty gud though even if it is just a generals clone

already posted some progress here
not really much new to show right I'm just fixing bugs
Once I'm done with that I'm gonna try to create my first level but to do that I need to create a bunch of new units and probably some systems to

what have you got planned for units?

Well they did several changes such as Tiberium not looking like the iconic one, garrison on buildings is limited to only 1 unit and it doesn't play well with the squad system which causes ridiculous stuff to happen like that only 2 engineers dude fit on a APC yet 2 infantry platoons which are like 6 or 8 units each can fit on that APC anyway. Then the environment destruction is gimped and Generals did it pretty well actually. The Nod unit design is very weird and looks over-engineered such as too many moving parts and what else. That's all I can think of it right now about this game, however the world conquest system is really cool thou.

those points, yeah I agree, that and the game is designed to be super fast action since the maps are tiny and so usually rushes work out for the better

the game is heavily inspired by half life 2
So i would just take the units from that game and put them in I really like the idea of the combine being able to basically drop in hostile units like headcrabs/antlions that are also hostile to themselves
That would kinda leave the rebels a little underwhelming though, so they would have like 1 primary soldier and probably the vortigaunt which is just a rebel that can gain a bunch of upgrades and also rebels can steal stuff from the combine not sure about vehicles though.

made a crappy maga hat

user… lambdawars.com/

I know user but this game sucks it doesn't capture the essence of half life 2 well it all it's a very generic rts with a half life 2 skin not worth playing at all.

I'd be interested to see what you've got planned then

(checked)
Just add WW2 vehicles for them fam :^) or muzzy style insurgency vehicles. Such as these fine examples :^)

he should have rebels be highly customize and relay upon scavenging building

I don't really like either of those options tbh

This is probably more like what I'm going to do
Like the hl2 buggy is definitely going to be in there
It doesn't even really make sense for rebels to have that many vehicles I kinda like the idea of them being more reliant on stealing vehicles from the combine than making their own.

heres the GDD pastebin.com/bXHkbw7D theres obviously still a lot missing from this but the basics are there.

well the combine don't really give a shit about humanity asides from making sure they're suppressed enough to not be a threat, this is why there's alot of stuff humans can still use that don't attract heat from the combine

sure but vehicles are not one of those things.

so I agree and disagree since sure the combine does take away the buggy from Gordan but they leave lots of other, all be it non functional, vehicles around

also
doesn't that seem more like a tech building rather then a the starting one?

also you really need to write more up on your design doc

nonfunctional being key there
You see plenty of cars in the game and all of them are wrecks which makes it pretty obvious vehicles are not allowed imo
The idea here is that it's actually the scientists that more or less start the rebellion
Anyway i thought it was a really interesting idea to give teleportation to the rebels right at the start which obviously a very powerful technology but doesn't really give that much advantage in direct firefights which support the playstyle of rebels which should be akin to guerrilla warfare.

I really do but i figured programming is more important whats there now is enough for me to have something to works towards and that is the main purpose really.

well sure but that doesn't mean non repairable

alright fair enough then

sure but things can get out of hand if you don't keep your scope

and yet not a single functional car except for the buggy which is treated as a pretty valuable item, there is probably a reason for that don't you think?

what's your point?

it is 2 colors, just not black and white unless you count the mouse, but that's a user-end problem

there's tons of stuff left laying around for people to turn into useful things

The image in does have 4 colours, but it's just red shifted up a bit and blue shifted down, which I guess counts as chromatic abberation. And if it's not even present in the game itself, then I guess it's not a problem anyway.

even without the mouse, it's still light green, dark green and black.

The title screen / thumbnail on the website shouldn't matter, but in I can definitely see some black around the edges

i mean hey, if they took down my resistjam entry, i might as well take down this shit.
could use the amusement lately

Yanderedev ain't got no shit on me:
pastebin.com/jZzThhzp

user pls

lmao

Spring doesn't even let me customize sound behavior directly on the weapons definition it has all to be on the sounds.lua/tdf file and previously my cannon sounds could be heart from the whole map instead with no falloff effect at all.

That's a pretty song user.

Daily reminder that this shit is code of a finished and released game gitgud.io/blux/lizardry/blob/master/cunt.lua

Remember user - it's better to have finished game with horrible code than nice code without finished game.

Daily reminder that I get anal an autistic about my code quality hastebin.com/obakigahob.cs

Not quite finished, but I got the byte handler thing drawing clothes more or less how I wanted it to

Do a gondola

Why do people use this?

It's a lightweight alternative to pastebin with no gimmicks

>lightweight

I like to use lpaste

I'll have you know I take my opsec semi-seriously.

It's okay, but it needs JS for highlighting.

Well, it seems that way to me.

Do you think Windows Metro is 'lightweight' too?

Your pic makes sense when you consider it generally isn't technologists making the decision on whether to adopt said technology, but their tech illiterate bosses and VC's. There is also the competition factor. More open source libraries which very similar compete for market-share in terms of adoption or else they generally die from lack of contributors and funding.

You can't make your website one screen across if I browse on a 640x480 terminal

If you're browsing on a terminal, why aren't you using gopher?

evacuate the children