Terraria

is terraria still a thing? As in content is still being released for the game? I was thinking about getting the xb1 version (already have PC version but friends play on xbox) but I don't know if I'm paying for a game that has no life expectancy

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/4sS4u
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a single player game with alot more content then base minecraft has, it's not some epic coop assfaggots you spend afew hours on then drop out right or a stupid mmo themepark, there's no "life expectancy" other then you get burnt out on it

My problem is people either go full building autist or full on 100% pro hard mode. People like me who are in the middle get screwed for the most part.

I'm slightly more into building but I also like exploring. When it's a multiplayer server I usually fill the role of establishing remote bases and making the HQ look nice.

Just get new friends.

I'd say that's a lack of hindsight on the multiplayer side of things, if biomes took much longer to "complete" then your issue wouldn't be such a thing but how you do extend every biome without effecting single player and not just adding tons of content in

Part of it is the people you play with. The more tight knit the group the better.

Console versions always lag behind the PC version.

There's a new PC update coming, but the devs have been pretty quiet this time around. Not many spoilers or anything. They've only shown some new blocks and furniture.

The Holla Forums servers always ended in

if everyone waits before doing a biome then sure but that's just switching the limit to another type of player

I think the major issue is with the size of the world, take minecraft for instinct, while it lacks in content the 3d and infinite world aspect mean every player can get any resource by merely exploring

The problem is that the game is grindy/farmy shit and hardmode content is boring slog where you revisit old areas only to find new enemies to farm.

This is one issue i have with meinkraft though. Eventually the world around you is hollow and you have to travel for a long time to get to any resource.

it's the kicker, comfy limitations or vast nothingness

also
are we forgetting to bully someone?

He's already wanting to play terraria. Nothing I can say will make him feel worse than he already does.

Wait, can you still grow trees if there is a ceiling? because last time I checked it stopped them altogether.

if it's high enough, yes

So is this becoming a true terraria thread with a serb and everything? I don't have audio currently but I can play.

Why would anyone play Terraria when they could play Starbound? It's the exact same game but with actual content.

Listen here dipshit if you say starbound again you'll become the content of a grave.

sorry user

What happened to his pants?

haha

The combat is so bad. Physics are way too floaty, animations look horrible. I know my expectations are ridiculous for wanting something like SotN. But there are a lot of really simple things like having actual weapon animations that would have made it feel a lot better.

You can even grow them in front of a wall as long as there is empty space directly behind the sapling.

with how combat is, being locked into a animation would just make the game twice as hard due to the fact that the map is not designed for that kinda play

Yeah, ends up being limited partly because of the terraforming nature of the game. What I can't forgive is how bad the bosses are, those are truly awful. Bunch of health sponges with uninteresting attack patterns which eventually go into "fuck you" mode and home towards you unavoidably so you're forced to cheese them. Melee was so unviable on bosses they had to turn it into ranged with throwing shit and magic sword projectiles. They're so cheesable that making a wide railway in the sky can make you go fast enough to avoid their attacks while keeping them in your screen, making them an easy joke.

If you had more control over your character, and enemies weren't 90% floating terrain-phasing-through hitboxes I don't think that would be much of an issue. It's just the direction of the game makes for really basic combat which boils down to "fly/grapple around avoiding the floating hitboxes while holding mouse1"

Yes. 1.3.5 is in the works. We don't know what will be in it. We do know Red is taking some time from Otherworld to help.

Tell your friends to stop being insufferable faggots and play it on PC. Any toaster can run it.

Wtf are you talking about. The game "life expectancy" is however long you enjoy playing it. It isn't some shit MMO or fotm Twitch game that relies on other people to be playing to enjoy. I've been playing since it released off and on for whenever I get the itch or want to try a mod.

agreed and even with games as such as hollow knight or valdis story you can't entirely off set how awful 2d side scrolling combat really is

this game sucks for multiplayer.
with strangers it grief and rushing

much much better to play alone, endlessly
i actually mean that

you mean they cant sit still for 2 minutes without flooding and dynamiting the world

Try a 100hp run and see if you're still just holding mouse1.

The fundamental problem with sandbox games like these is that there's always a way to cheese the fuck out of everything since you can modify the environment. If you have enough autism you can do what that guy who covered the entire map with a grid of minecart rails or something did and was able to cheese moonlord without taking a hit.

The bosses and their attacks HAVE to go through land, or else you could just box them in or create some obsidian/honey generator to automatically build walls as the boss destroys it, or use actuators to cheat the breaking frames or something.

Starbound is a prime example of what happens if you don't do that. The UFO boss was glitchy as fuck and got stuck everywhere and destroyed everything around it. There was also some robot boss that you could just put into a box and shoot through a gap.

So don't play with strangers retard.

You'll knock Starbound over in about 30hrs, probably even less since I took my time (though I didn't build any colonies or do any of that stuff.)

Terraria I've got 135hrs on and I've never beaten the Moon Lord.

If you want i can help you senpai. But not right now both my network and cpu are at 100% usage and will be for at least the next 2 hours.

What's going on in that picture and why is he upset over the hot dogs?

Calling bullshit.

because playing with "internet friends" won't end in faggotry like rushing. fuck off.

I never understood what was going on either.

I played with an "internet friend" and neither of us rushed. We had a very comfy time. Get better internet friends.

if bosses didnt phase through terrain, you could just box em and kill them without any effort. what they needed to do was make a teleport that would take you to the boss lair and fight him there with a special arena hand made. that way there is no phasing, just combat using the arena and its surroundings to kill the boss

I couldnt until recently, hardmode combat ran at about 2 seconds per frame

another "is X game still a thing" thread
how about just stop being a faggot op and do a proper thread if you like a game instead of staying in the closet about it

Or just do what they did with the Golem with every boss. Have the bosses be found in a chamber made of some kind of bricks that cant be broken until the boss is defeated.
You could leave low level bosses like the Eye and King Slime to be found on the surface without a chamber and either give them a teleport like the updated King Slime or just allow them to be boxed. You could let the two worm bosses have their phasing effect since that's how worms Work in Terraria.
Or you could inflict that new "Creative Shock" debuff whenever a boss is summoned.

This. Your internet friends suck.

startopia

Yes.

Can't kill them fast enough
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's the latest version of this shit and is it still terrible?

fuck off normalfags

It is story based terraria with shit story, shit combat, shit open world and it looks bad.
Play it with Mech and/or our Nazi mod. It is only fun you can get.
Webm sums it up pretty well.

Update on Otherworld's status:
archive.is/4sS4u

No words about then it out?

Can you win the old ones army event without all the sentry shit the tavernkeep sells?

I actually don't, I just assume other people do.

As much as it pains to have it delayed more, in a way this makes me happy. Feels like it'll turn out better if it's directly worked on by people who work on Terraria stuff, rather than some weird third party company.

The only thing it has is this:

Depends. If you're at the final event tier, when Betsy comes out it would be hard to keep all the little guys at bay on your own.

You mostly just need one of the sentry weapons, not the armor or anything else.

I'm playing a summoner build with the stardust dragon. It's a breeze up until stage 7 when the dragon activates its ADHD and doesn't hit Betsy.

I sure hope I can rip everything out of the old HDD

should have trusted steam, goy

Terraria is a great game.
Still play it from time to time, and even LAN with nephews/nieces.
Playing with Holla Forums is hard because everyone is an autist who rushes bosses and the whole world so base-building comfiness is out of the window.
So any Holla Forums multiplayer has to be enforced with new characters, which I would rather not join.

test

is the site fucked again?
did cuckmoney do something stupid again?

Try using something like ddrescue. Using a broken hard drive can kill it further unless you're careful.

Ichor. ICHOR. Especially in expert mode, where armor matters more, debuffing a boss's defense is CRUCIAL. For Destroyer (first boss I kill), a combination of Golden Shower for debuff and Nimbus Rod for massive long-term DPS works very well. Combine this with something to fend off probes, and the destroyer goes down in no time. Obviously use the best magic-boosting armor set you can get.

They made the Destroyer immune to all debuffs several patches ago. If you want to take down the destroyer you should go with piercing. Ideally infinite piercing. Daedelus bow eats him like a chipper shredder.

How do you reliable beat the luna events on expert?
It fucks my shit right up

Build a minecart track from one end of the map to the other, worked for me.

Spectre armor + Nebula blaze.

test>>12289983

You poor soul. What's your GT? I'm busy playing Persona on my PS4 right now, but Xbone owners are rare on Holla Forums.

Hmm. I forgot that they made him immune to debuffs. I even played in one of the later patches (well, before they added sandstorms and shit), but completely forgot. Still, Nimbus Rod is great against it, and I suppose Daedalus too, but I have such shit luck with mimics. Also, fuck special mimics.

They're pretty easy if you spawn them in an arena. The hardest part is not sheking yourself when they close up and reflect your bullets back at you, but as far as I remember they can't reflect certain projectiles, like stars from Starfury, which also makes the mimics easier to kill.

mooman is np but the pillars are impossible to beat because shit spawns underground and hits you before you can hit it
and potions have a year cd

Fire pillar is an elaborate troll to fuck your shit up. That's the only explanation I've managed to come up with.

The rest are manageable though.

What I do is make an underground bunker close to each pillar that is at the very edge of the biomes that they spawn. After that, I edge forwards and backwards (well, that sounds dirty) to spawn a few enemies at a time, and deal with them in a controlled fashion. At least that's how I do it with the tougher pillars (sun and I think nebula, I forget which ones are tougher).

I always wanted to play hardcore mode server with Holla Forums and whoever dies is banned so they cannot make a new character.

Isn't the whole trick to dealing with it just to not fly?

yes

Good. Engine were fucking worthless at porting. How the fuck do you have a TEAM of people working on PORTING update content and take like five goddamn times longer to port the content than the original TWO developers took to make it in the first place?

It has meteorites that fly through ground and dash at you at high speed, rolling enemies that jump left and right like crazy, enemies that can reflect your bullets back at you (you can easily 1 hit kill yourself if using meowmere), and the dragon will tear your asshole if you jump too high trying to dodge any of the previous while he's nearby.

Everything about that event is designed to be impossible to approach in any practical way.

I was just experimenting with expert hardmode mimics, and it looks like most melee projectiles are unaffected by their reflection ability.

Daybreak, Light Disks, Flails, Terra Blade, Influx Weaver all ignored the reflection and went through it.

Shadowflame Knives and Scourge of the Corruptor got reflected however, so it's not class or damage type based.

Electrosphere Launcher and Piranha Gun were also unaffected.

We did that a few times sometime ago when that one guy was making servers over and over for us. People kept dying so often that he had to constantly remove the bans or else there was nobody left.

Who wants to start a game tbh

The Pirahna projectile is quite unique, but sadly it's a post-Plantera weapon, when mimics aren't really relevant anymore

No, we hit wof 2 hours in, and started lunar events within 6 from start fresh characters.
Do not doubt the autism of the masses.

I've got time.