Smash 4 Modding

So I helped make a smash 4 mod for fun and I'm here to shill it.

Short description is that it makes characters more balanced and makes Smash 4 a bit faster.

It's for 3DS, check it out pastebin.com/SHGuC7gQ

Other than that, suggest what I should add to it or how to make Smash 4 suck less.

I don't care.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Q4JlQDTa!QNdzmuV38tRF2-dD5dtrcByekmicyCRbW0Y24LC8GLs
discord.gg/VJA9NcS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wanna have a smash time?

Also.

Nobody in this thread was going to say this until you mentioned it. Delete thread, try again. You're gonna be bullied.

Does this hack contains wavedashing?

delete this

I'd download it if you gave Ganondorf back his extended recovery.
I'll probably download it anyway

No, just dashdancing. Some modders have figured out fake wavedashing, but I don't have a 3DS devkit and Citra can't emulate Smash 4 reasonably enough to implement it.

Here's a trailer that shows some changes.

Can you put in Project M Wario?

also how is modding compared to brawl?

if he's gonna make multiple threads for feedback, requests and stuff then I'll allow it. It's better than him acting like someone else and being an astroturfer.

Good enough, yeah. If he starts sperging out and becoming you know who, then you know what to do.

My IPs change periodically, so I'm using a tripcode.

Maybe. It's somewhat easier than Brawl since we don't have to do hacky shit to add costumes and voices, but we haven't reached the level of customization brawl had. Right now nobody knows how to add new characters so I've gotten around it by merging Dark Pit & Pit along with Lucina & Marth to reserve their slots for a new character.

I do.

I see, so do you think those types of exploits should be saved for the Switch version? Or will the Switch version have the same cycle regardless.

I'm not sure if you're talking about exploiting the game or console, so I'll answer the first one.
Unless Smash for Switch is a port, the modding tools and techniques probably can't be reused so there's no point in hoarding them.

True enough, I just hope you guys don't get fucked over in the sense that you finally reach a milestone then suddenly SMASH BROS SWITCH V WITH 40 NEW CHARACTERS or some shit comes out.

Either way best of luck, also please consider porting it to WiiU.

Nothing will replace this Project M sized hole in my heart.

Knuckles never ever

>tfw community was working to finish the half finished characters
>tfw all community projects are dead

PM CC is still alive barely
The current build has Knuckles in a pretty good state, he just needs some polish to his animations and he'd be done. They are apparently focusing more on Lyn at the moment because they feel that Knuckles' move set doesn't need much more tuning.

SUPER SMASH BROS 4 3DS MOD STARTER PACK!

By: me

Includes a Readme to help you all get started
mega.nz/#!Q4JlQDTa!QNdzmuV38tRF2-dD5dtrcByekmicyCRbW0Y24LC8GLs

I really want the Smash 3DS modding community to come to life finally. Its significantly easier than Smash 4 modding now since you're just dragging and dropping shit to the root of the SD Card. The only decent model swap I've found was Gordon Freeman. Everything else is just palette swaps

I just don't get it. PM was at such a high point, tournaments everywhere, new content all the time. Then it just died. Even if Knuckles gets finished by the community the few tourneys that are left will never pick it up. Fucking kill me, bros.

First pic is something I made.
Is Sm4sh modding still active? I haven't been in the mood to make smash 4 mods in a while. I was making a Moonman skin and a sunglasses skin for Pac-Man but I couldn't figure out how to make the sunglasses skin model to look right so I sort of gave up (I wanted to release both at the same time so people could have just the sunglasses if they didn't the Moonman stuff). I'm not sure if it would be worth it anymore. I gotta relearn a lot of stuff since I've been busy making high quality rips and fucking around.

Well it also got bitch slapped because the devs decided to make a Not Smash game and didn't want to get sued.

Supposedly, the PMDT got scared of legal action when Nintendo waved their dick around to get EVO to stop hosting PM. However, they never received any actual word from Nintendo or it's lawyers at any point so my guess is that they were tired and the leaks got them salty enough to look for an excuse to cease development.
Either way, the PMDT are a bunch of faggots for abandoning a huge community with absolutely no prior warning or even a good reason. The worse part is that their shadow still lingers over the Brawl modding scene and the faggots over at Smashboards that still cry about "disrespect" whenever someone even dares mention the leaked characters are proof of that. There's even a video up on youtube where some faggot shows off his finished Knuckles moveset only to write in the description that no one is getting a dowload link because "I do not condone uploading leaked content from the PMDT, it is disrespectful."

There's a discord for Smash 3DS modding (although not very active)

Check it out discord.gg/VJA9NcS

Here's your (you)

Are you implying I was trying to b8 anyone? I made that starter pack because it seems as though the reason Smash 3DS modding is dead is because too many people think its too complicated to get started. As long as you have Luma3DS (like most sane people should) it is actually quite easy

So, another attempt to turn non-melee into melee?

Nah, if you want that you can try the other Smash 3DS mod named USM-eM. They increased the hitstun and gravity to melee levels and I think the mod tries to be pretty close to Melee (I haven't played it that much so I can't really say)

Neos is about adding what worked well from other smash games and removing what doesn't work in Smash 4.

Stop that, they never look good.

I never bought that legal action BS. I lost all respect for those snakes in the PMDT when they just up and left while refusing to explain themselves. We still had some walking garbage around here in the form of PM Buddha who just denied anything shady happened. In my opinion, the real disrespect would be letting all the hard work from the community die because the guys in charge of the mod got tired of keeping it going.

Didn't they say that they were working on a Smash style fighting game called Project Wavedash or something?

It looks like shit really.

Fuck this gay ass planet.

I don't really give much of a shit about Smash anymore but these are some good suggestions I've heard over the years:

Pretty difficult no doubt to mod in though.

Did you fags properly document your changes? If so, where can i see them?

bump