ITT: Great Dead Games

How many games that you lovingly played are now dead?

I'm not talking of a small, stable little community that still continues playing the game in seclusion- I mean stone-cold fucking dead, with absolutely nobody playing it for one reason or another.

My contribution is Shattered Horizon, a FPS that focuses on Zero-G combat by Futuremark that was innovative, and had great developers that continued giving the game large free updates in response to feedback from players (of which there were 32 at the all-time peak).
They were then bought out by the Finnish fucks that made Angry Birds and took the game off of Steam because the devs said they wouldn't feel right taking money off of people for a game that no longer had active support. This being after the devs had laid out their plans to add space ships to the game and all sorts of other cool shit.

It does still have some pretty decent bots though.

Other urls found in this thread:

nicoblog.org/pc-games/shattered-horizon-usa/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wow, I didn't even realize Shattered Horizon wasn't in my steam library any more. Game was pretty great, it got the aesthetics of floating around in space perfectly.

If you bought it it is still there. It's in mine still.

Fun game, DX 10 killed it though when many people were still on Windows XP, greatly limited it's potential user base. Then it was basically memed into being "just a tech demo" game. Even though the game itself was fun.

W-would Holla Forums want to get back into Shattered Horizon?

Well if you fags wanna play some, look at the image I made in the OP and host a server, post the IP in this thread.
We are hopefully going to play the game on a /radcorp/ weekend soon, but we actually need to test its ability to work first, this would be a good time to do it.

forgot to add QQ

Probably the most fun I've ever had in a multiplayer shooter. Incredible building destruction + jetpacks and other backpack powers + awesome weapons like circular saw launchers and singularity bombs = a fucking good time. They even removed GFWL when it went down and THQ Nordic actually released some rebalancing patches recently.

Last I played, the game was dead as a white South African.

excellent

nicoblog.org/pc-games/shattered-horizon-usa/

You sure?

Sometimes I can browse it just fine, others I have to use a vpn. I have no clue why.

shattered horizon? more like shattered whore-eyes uhh son… whore-ice on rectum? Shattered whore anus.

spell anus like eye-nos xD so #sophisticated #british XD

SD Gundam Online was a shitty, unbalanced Korean grindfest, but I loved it so much and if its successor doesn't leave worst Korea, I may never be able to replace it.

IT FUCKING WORKS.

I'll show up if the server is still up.

Games aren't removed from your steam library when they're taking off the store.

Alright. Got it downloaded.

What games have the best bots?

For me, that feeling is especially strong with Paper Mario. I enjoyed it so much as a kid, but now it feels totally lifeless. I just feel nostalgia and a bit of disappointment.

What's the IP? I've had this game in my steam library for years but never got to play it with anyone but bots.

Join up!

HOLY SHIT MY DICK IS ROCK HARD
I know it's a dead games thread but it might as well be a SH thread at this point.

I played SH once, during a free weekend. I was a poorfag back then and by the time I had money it was gone. I absolutely loved the short time I played it, though. If you fags want to play I'm up for it. Downloadan now.

Getting an error when trying to connect with the steam version using those launch settings. "Cannot connect due to client authorization failure."

try now

Nope, there is still an error.

Join this and I'll see if I can figure it out.
https ://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:ojTRh_QsGeaPHi8E,party:iJOQfWqjTUUS-8UA

You could try DLing the pirated version.

can you still use the steam version you have saved over the years?

I made a separate thread for Shattered Horizon as there seems to be elevated interest for it in particular, in this thread which is quite general.