MODERN FPS

Anyone else miss when FPS games didn't have to have all of this bullshit?

All fucking AAA games are like that nowadays.
Its also a genre that got absolutely flooded by normalfags.
OP is a fag yet again

inb4 anti FPS autist shows up

golden eye was garbage, why do people get such a massive boner for such a shitty game?

fucking hell, at least try to hide the fact that you started playing videogames on the N64 because you had nothing else at the time.

GoldenEye and Perfect Dark at 60FPS with mouse and keyboard controls are excellent shooters.

At least post a good N64 FPS.

Also this. Can't be bothered to webm.

I will never be able to unsee that fucking mouth.

Speed runners are the niggers of gaming.

But the FGC are literally niggers.

I actually think speed runners are true gamers. They take shitty, watered down games, and because the developers fail to make games challenging and fun, they play these milquetoast games in ways the developers didn't intend, adding their own criteria onto the game and making it difficult, challenging and thrilling. Speedrunning is essentially converting any given game into a platformer.

Wouldn't that break the game, though? Those games were designed for use with that monstrosity Nintendo called a controller, so mouse and keyboard would be like playing as a grammaton cleric.

No, why would it?
No, they're designed as traditional first person shooters that happen to be poorly mapped to a shit-tier controller and are limited by a shit-tier console's weak hardware, resulting in frequent dips to single digit framerates. This is also why people claim these games "aged poorly" despite them being shockingly good today when you remove the hardware limitations and give them a proper control method.

Because, in your words, they "happen to be poorly mapped to a shit-tier controller." The developers understood how bad the controller was and gave enemies a stormtrooper's aim. With a mouse and keyboard, your reactions will be far faster and more precise than the game was balanced for, making it feel too easy. It would be like running a three legged race while being the only asshole who isn't tied to someone else.

I honestly don't know why you're sitting here arguing about a game you've clearly never played. Go try it yourself on 00 Agent with auto-aim disabled, with and without the fix, and then get back to me.

Pic not related?

And here's the retarded assumptions. We're done here.

Yep, it's reddit.

You're saying that the game is balanced to be played on KB+M despite it being developed solely for a N64 controller?

Yep. He's just that stupid.

I like how GoldenEye devs made the maps first so they felt like real places and then put the objectives in afterward to use the space. And playing the Turok remasters recently really has me bummed at the map design we get these days. Shit's terrible. Linear corridors and movie-set pieces that gate content behind narrative moments the player has no control over, they're just strapped in for the "roller coaster" which is often used in the product description as if it's a fucking good thing.
And multiplayer where most of the content is gated behind skinner boxes is just bullshit.
Fuck this gay earth.

I'm saying the game is massively improved by the addition of a high, stable framerate and a true FPS input method. Considering you can tweak the shit out of the game to fit your highly specific definition of balance with 007 mode (which these fags don't know about since they never actually beat the game on 00 Agent, if they played it at all), sure, you can make that argument.

Heh.

goldeneye aged like fucking garbage

I think it says a lot when those "average console FPS with shit controls" are better than anything that comes out nowadays.

If GoldenEye were released as is today with better controls, framerate, and resolution it would be 9/10, twenty fucking years later. It shows how the genre has not only stagnated but fucking gone backwards.

no, it doesnt break the game. the game is still challenging. less frustrating, and the harder difficulties are much more doable and fun.

n64 the harder missions were just annoying. protecting that slut in the computer room using the yellow arrow keys to shoot guys above and below as they spawned… FUCK THAT.

these games are top tier on PC with proper mods.

Pretty fancy way to say "They added auto aim"

It's not just one genre

Right now I'm playing Reflex for the hardcore fix and Paladins for my payload fix. Siege mode is great in that game but tons of bugs, game varies patch to patch but at least it keeps things interesting enough. As the game gets a bigger map pool and champion pool it might develop into a solid title down the line. I also dabble in the shitty version of GITS:FAO, its a weird title. I've had Unreal updated for ages now but rarely touch it. FPS games are in a better place now then they've been in years since you still have TF2, Overwatch, RO2 and easy access to older titles that people will have MP servers going for. You at the very least have tons of options right now.

I wish Loadout didn't become abandonware. That shit was fun.

If you think memorizing and performing all sorts of glitches and autistic details over and over and over to compete with a bunch of other autists to see who can be the most autistic is "real gaming" then dota is literally the most hardcore game inexistent.

I wonder if you have any more yoshi pics
haha

KBM makes goldeneye trivially easy except on 00 Agent mode, and even then it's only hard because the enemies deal bullshit levels of damage. perfect dark is a little better since the levels are more balanced between open and closed, but it's still a pretty marked advantage

No, just AGDQ. Speedrunning is one of the best ways to playtest a game. It's autistic at a point, but so is the other method of playtesting: going through each level, spending hours doing everything in a level or area multiple times to make sure there aren't any bugs in case someone goes and does just that, breaks the game, and refunds it.

If you're thirsty for some nice map design check out Arcane Dimensions for Quake.

I remember a time when i could put in a game in my console and the game started.

I remember a time when i didn't have to uninstall games to play the new game i just got, on my console.

I remember this being a fucking selling point of getting a console in the first place.

I shall just invest in a cable and hook my computer up to the tv next time.

i need to play through this game on 00 agent again. its really satisfying

Even the movie was shit.

HELP

I've never seen more miserable gamers than speedrunners. Not only they're visibly ugly and vile just like anyone having to train over such unhealthy shit, but the effect even spreads to the game itself.

After you've seen a game being speedrun, you don't want to play it anymore. It's become dirty, spoiled. If I were to make a comparison: to look at these ugly fuckers speedrunning a game, is like seeing an act of sodomy toward an innocent game.

TELL ME ABOUT JONES, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

do you think yoshi is ashamed in that pic? i wonder why haha

try not to get hit so you dont get assfucked by the sentry guns later on since they're impossible to avoid. also abuse corners when fighting jaws since he's too retarded to path stairs

Game on New World Order.

Speak for yourself, man. When I see a game I like get busted open it makes me wanna go back and see what I can do with the new tools they showed me. Not necessarily to be fast, but sequence breaks and unintended solutions to puzzles are my jam.

This. If it's a clever glitch run or if it involves high level play it makes me appreciate the game even more. Of course if the game is shit to begin with then the only good speed runs are the funny ones.

Then that statement doesn't apply to you. There's a line between seeing if you can pull off a glitch you saw/curiosity of how games can be broken (it is pretty cool since it sorta gives you a new perspective on something you have nastolgia about) and spending your entire life practicing glitches to compete against other people/looking for new ones.

It has to take some serious effort and practice to get at a level in speed running where you can use it as your lively hood. They probably sacrificed their prime years for it. However, that same amount of effort could have gone to learning an actual skill, which would have given better rewards I. E. not having to live like a NEET playing the same games over and over and over again. I wouldn't be surprised if each and every speed runner has regular moments where they go "What did I do with my life" thinking about how they dug themselves into a hole and are masters of a useless niche skill. It's at this moment they realize they don't even enjoy the games they play anymore, but it's the only thing they want to do that keeps them occupied. They probably burned away all feelings of nastolgia. Only to put on a fake smile like they still like what they're doing. This is probably how "Professional E-Sports Gamers" feel to, especially when the game goes to absolute shit because of retarded patches.

An unfulfillable existence indeed. It's no surprise an abundance of speed runners become depressed transvestites. They probably felt like they where dead in the water with no way to branch out.

I think you're looking too far beyond the speedrun here. I like watching speedruns particularly when they're game breaking because it's cool to see the limits of a game's engine and what exploits there are. If someone is throwing their life away that's not my problem.

My post was more directed at "I've never seem games more miserable than speed runners". Basically I should have read the rest of his post.

Do you feel in charge?

Decided to reinstall pic related for some obscure reason.
Plays first mission. Nice sound design, nice visuals, then the first pop-up appears… remembers about the hint option always re-enabling itself, experiences the sprint limit again, the narrow FOV.
Then I realize again how linear the level design is, the constant compass telling you where to go next, the lack of rhythm because of the never ending flow of enemies, the fucking auto-regen and the red jam on the screen.
You have to wait to use the veil, you have to wait to get your health back, you have to wait before you can sprint again, you have to wait for the friendly NPCs to do their shit.
Going back and forth in the hub city, vaguely searching for treasures to unlock overpriced weapon upgrades, annoying NPCs keeps spewing the same shit over and over again, going back in forth in the hub city, this time from the order giver to the mission checkpoint. Getting utterly bored.
Headshot. Head explodes in tiny bits. Body slowly moves toward the rail, falls… headless body manages to scream. How can one fuck up so bad?!

This one and Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood were the two last FPS I ever bought. I'm tired of being forced to wait every fucking time I'm enjoying myself.