Outcast remake announced

We had a Outcast thread some time ago, and in the meantime a group of some of the original developers released a trailer for a remake of the game, sporting full new HD graphics which look pretty nice and some near-Andromeda tier animations apparently, but it seems like an improvement over the original anyways.
Can't tell how much they've changed for anything but graphics, but it seems like the voice acting hasn't been changed.

If you haven't already, play the original

The original was the PC answer to Zelda OOT. A massive, thought out, groundbreaking game.

No fucking clue why they keep going with the remake though. It's not just unnecessary (the original is still great), but they failed the scamstarter and at no point was there any hype for a reboot.

What was the budget for that game again?

Hey, at least that part's faithful to the original.

kek

I replayed it recently, the textures are quite blurry and the camera a bit shaky, not to mention the AI being very easy to cheese with the super power of strafing around their projectiles while actually leading yours.

If they fix that in the remake and don't sell it for the price of a kidney, it would be worth it.

Agreed about the strafing, but that's a flaw in gameplay design, not in the AI.

The first game doubled as a tech demo for Voxel graphics, I believe, which is why everything looks so weird, even compared to games made in the same year.
why did they even mention the praise for the previous game? it's not like it had worldwide success, it just did well in Europe.

Wew so it's really happening ?
It doesn't look terrible but it does look worse in motion. I'm still curious if it's a 1:1 remake or if some stuff will be changed.

Also, I agree with the sentiment that a remake is a bit pointless, I don't see the game getting a new audience considering the kickstarter already tanked. Still, I'd love to be proved wrong.

Hopefully the soundtrack remains good.

Gog release?

Can we just, I dunno, not do this?

It's too late to stop it now. I would've liked another game in the same vein or shit even a sequel/spinoff since the old devs bothered to buy back the IP.
For what it's worth though, I've been playing the original for the first time since a couple of weeks and I still find it enjoyable without even the technical "groundbreak" aspect.

Outcast remake is being shilled heavily, you can rest assured it will be 1. shit and 2. socjustified.

Don't believe any pretend retrofag fondly remembering it, no one ever cared about Outcast.

this looks like pure shit

What the fuck are you even talking about ? You're free to believe whatever you want about what the game will be like since we don't know anything but did you even think before typing this ? Next you're going to tell me EDF 4.1 was shilled heavily.

Is it summer yet ? God damn.

Please. It might be slow and lifeless, but at least it's smooth and consistent.

stop making excuses for shit-games with andromeda-tier animations

Wow, fuckoff kike

>>>/reddit/

So far it looks like 1:1 remake.
The maps look accurately re-made down to the last rock. Audio remains the same.

Talan seem to be a bit different. Mouth is higher.

I hope they didn't remove any dialogs but there shouldn't be any reason since the devs are Belgians (unless their new studio moved places).

W H Y
H
Y

BioWare level.

Who would want to talk about destiny 2?

For fucks sake, user.

Read my post again user
It contains a thing most users here no longer can detect likely due to newfaggotry, its called irony

probably because it's not 2011 anymore and society has acclimated to a certain level of irony and sarcasm (more like SARSasm), where more cryptic and esoteric levels of irony are now needed to be 'cutting edge'

Woah
I guess I need to get with the times

Irony is not a shield against mockery, user. Ebin statements are, ultimately, still ebin.

What about that remake that was being made on cryengine?

I liked it, sorry to bust your bubble.