Zach, it's time we had a Deadly Premonition thread. I know...

Zach, it's time we had a Deadly Premonition thread. I know, I should start with the chart that explains how to set up the PC version, but I'm afraid I don't have it on me at the time. Hopefully someone here does, Zach.
While we're at it, it looks like like Swery65 is preparing for a sequel, given some of his tweets. Let's hope it doesn't end the same way D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die does, with Microsoft canceling Season 2. What do you think, Zach? Is it time for Deadly Premonition 2? Though, that would be a little more obvious than what you'd expect from Swery, isn't it?
Zach, let's give a reminder that there is no way that this game wasn't influenced by Twin Peaks. Swery65 may have made the game with all of his love, but I don't buy his claim of not watching Twin Peaks at LEAST once. How about you, Zach?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Swery65/status/820799436620054529
twitter.com/Swery65/status/833651305474174976
whiteowls.co.jp/videogames-eng
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Holy shit, really? I thought he retired from vidya due to illness. I have no idea what he'd possibly do for a sequel, but I'd be totally down for one. Maybe this time the PC version won't be so bad it bluescreens my old laptop.

twitter.com/Swery65/status/820799436620054529
I'll find his tweet teasing DP2.

twitter.com/Swery65/status/833651305474174976

Pure coincidence.

I always preferred embedded.

And yes a sequel would be awesome, though I don't know how they could go about it.

God, this game's OST was amazing.

Welp, guess I'll try again in another year

Goosebumps at 1.47: "she will guide (her) and the other girls, into the forest".

If someone would explain Swery what memetics are, I think they would be perfect for DP2. To me, York is user investigating crimes. And memetics oddities straight out of Twin Peaks.

Good characters have a warmth to them, like they're not disposable. They don't have to be best written to work and be memorable.

Did you do something to fix the hospital crash or did it just go away? It kept happening to me too. I have whatever fix it was called installed too.

I just reinstalled, that's it. I assume it's entirely decided by luck if you're gonna crash or not. Odds seem stacked against me however.

I'd spring for a game with Old Zach going on a cross country trip through small towns. He'd meet the bizarre paranormal entities in each one, but more importantly, sample the local cuisine and tell more stories from the FBI days.

DP somehow remains the comfiest game ever despite reaching those merits purely on strength of story and character.

Sometimes I look for DP streams on twitch, to see their reaction to the finale. Once I got a gamergurl with a bunch of orbiters who chastised any talk that wasn't gushing at the whore.

She got triggered so fucking hard. You knew it when she visibly switched from tough womyn acting to delicate flower. Commenters were seething against the game to defend her from the evil pictures on screen, fucking A.

And so she SHOT THE BAD GUY! Because MUHFUGGA! And got served round 2.

I was tempted to make this the OP theme but Life Is Beautiful is way more recognizable, and Y&Z brings back memories of the ending.

I'm worried that thebgame will be like samurai cop 2

A low budget film that tried to take itself seriously but through the directors incompitance turned into a cult comedy

Yhen a sequel isade with the intention of being an over the top action comedy but then isn't nearly as charming

DP was wrapped up neatly with York resurrecting Zack. I doubt they'd go backward from there. It's must be young Zack again or same universe, like D4. That's if they bother with another.

I don't think Zack would have the same impact again. He'd be way too fucking salty. It would be like watching the terminator. Unless Swery has some new trick.

By resurrecting Zach, do you mean getting him out of the Red Room/White Room, or the Director's Cut ending where York talks to Zach one last time?
If the latter; Zach was visited, not resurrected, as far as I know. Even if we follow the York is an angel theory, I doubt angels can resurrect people. And yes I say theory because while York clearly wasn't a human, I'm not sure if he's an angel.

The ending where they ham it up as Zack walks into the light, while the girl hums Amazing Grace, then Zack disappears. There's no way he didn't die or whatever, it's the only way he could cross over to York and everybody. Maybe York snatched him at the last moment or something.

I doubt they'd hit up a new case as an old dying dude after that. It's not York's style.

But then what would be the point of York mentioning the case in New Orleans to Zach and letting you answer him? Given the loose metaphysics of the DP world, a continuation of Zach's story is not beyond the reach of possibility. Even failing that, don't tell me you wouldn't want to play Ghost Trick: Sinner's Sandwich edition.

Wait, does Zach die in Director's Cut? I only know as far as regular version, with York getting the Emily pussy in afterlife.

he does, from old age

Also, fix chart in question, as passed down in older threads.

It's unclear. Watch and interpret for yourself.

Video related, right? At 10:08? Tagging so you can see.
All true, but in addition to also we were playing as Willy all along in this theoretical Ghost Trick x Deadly Premonition, right it's certainly odd to tell someone who just died that "it's time to wake up." In addition to Michelle saying Zach's gone, rather than, say, not moving, there's plenty of possibilities.
On another, sort of related note, York is probably the nicest character in a game I've seen in a long time. Between his spontaneous-seeming decision to save Zach and his human fanboyism as seen in the video, I'm so sad I'll never have a friend like him.

Isn't Willy an even more advanced manifestation of the red room than Kaysen? I recall seeing that tidbit somewhere about him essentially handing down the orders.

I always interprited zach and york being the same person but with multiple personalities and after zach saw his mother die created york to cope

…I'm just going to wait until an emulator can run it.
Is there seriously some faggot out there rebooting his computer once an hour to make this game work right?

DEEPEST
LORE

Oh god I sure hope not. Deadly Premonition is legitimately one of my favourite games.

A similarly wacky game set far apart from DP maybe.

Is the Sinners Sandwich taste good?

Smear any ham sandwitch with strawberry jam, and you'll know how it tastes like. Like chewing candies while you're having a normal lunch.

Just reboot the game and you'll be fine.

Maybe they could just beef up the gameplay a bit, either balance the guns or remove them completely, forcing the player to use the breath-holding mechanic, while making the story have nothing to do with the first one. I definitely don't wanna see Swery try way too hard to continue York and Zach's story, so I think a tonally and thematically similar but largely unrelated story would work best for a DP sequel.

DP could use a conversion to visual novel or graphic adventure.

Swery is FUCKING LIFE NIGGA!

I had some, it was awful
Imagine ham only with a slimy layer of jam on it. On top of that, imagine crunchy corn flakes in your mouth.

Zach, remember when Jim Sterling gave our game 10/10 as the ultimate irony toward the worst trainwreck ever? I sure don't gloat at the idea he's been spending the last few years, giving out sexual favors to improve his SJW cred.

Game kept crashing at the old sawmill and I stopped playing. Is there any other places that crash the game a lot?

I couldn't run the game for longer than 1 hour without getting slowdowns, leading to glitches and crash. That happened anywhere.

Christ. At least I only experienced it in the Sawmill so far. Though it made me quit playing entirely.

Streamers play this game like shit. They go from story event A to B, without ever investigating on their own and trying the sidequests.

But if you're going to miss on the game altogether, you might as well watch the cutscenes for some good laughs.

One day

Probably they should expand on the sandbox part a lot in terms of shit you can do, make the map even larger but the car handling and generally the driving parts more interesting and remove the zombie-ghost hunting parts of the game replacing it with something more entertaining. I still want the whole "help strangers, get better tools for unrelated shit" deal though.
Also they should add snowing and magical FBI earmuffs and snow caps that appear when it kicks in.

deadly premonition was a master piece and I will ridicule the waifu of anyone who says otherwise.

My waifu is Patchy and I love Deadly Premonition, can you say something nice about her?

Fucking WHY would anyone do this

york's shit eating grin slays me every time
why does he look so retarded?

No. Worst SDM, even worse than meme bat.

Is there a way to actually make this game playable? I have not even played for an hour and I just turned the game off when the "walking on carpet" sound were loud as fuck audio crackles.

there was a huge guide that gets posted per thread of shit you need to check, uncheck, install or modify

I love how everyone assumes this is just another weird York quirk when they see it, but it spoils who the culprit is when you think hard enough about it.

>implying Kaysen wasn't suspicious as fuck and the only two things going against him being the culprit are his claim that he was stuck under the art gallery, and the fact that it seems TOO obvious

I actually enjoyed the gunplay in DP. More precisely, I liked collecting weapons and testing them out and given the number of zombie encounters the number of weapons was just right.

If they ever make DP2 I hope they introduce snow as someone above suggested. Perhaps even a blizzard blocking a road making you stuck in some area. All in the name of comf.

It is less known but DP2 was planned many years ago. Swery wanted completely different plot and characters but the publishers insisted that he used established characters (namely Francis Morgan).

Another pro tip: all characters in game are named so as to fill all letters in alphabet.

Wanted to try playing it past the sawmill today, game wouldn't even launch. Sucks.

Gunplay is fine as far as I am concerned. Rewards headshots and accurate aim, but you can also just shoot blindly if you're gay and lame.

It took me over 50 hours to finish and it crashed every 30 minutes or so.

It was worth it.

If you read the license plates on all the cars it spoils a lot too. So many details.

Tell Tale Games are doing it.

GODDAMMIT NO GET OUT, BEGONE FROM THIS THREAD

Don't you want a new streamlined™ experience™ for the gamers™? :^)

Fuck™You™

So you want it to feature Donte from the DmC series? That's gonna be 19.99 smackaroons as day-one DLC.

Apparently, there's a game TBA on their website.

whiteowls.co.jp/videogames-eng

We have to watch out for the tumblr, not to fuck up the next game. They're already on to it.

These people are why interesting stories aren't written anymore.

only hetero white cis males can have character flaws. everyone else must be a tumblr ideal

York's flaw is being gone

;_;7

I figured he was involved, but not the mastermind behind it all. Too obvious, like you said.

On one hand, I'd like to see York/Zach return in a sequel, but on the other hand, it might be more interesting to have a new protagonist to see where the game would take him.

Zach, someone should really check on these repeating digits.