Nier/Automata/Drakengard thread

Nier/Automata/Drakengard thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2017/03/14/taro-yoko-well-make-a-drakengard-remastered-collection-if-square-enix-funds-it/
nichegamer.com/2017/01/30/nier-remaster-highly-possible-if-nier-automata-sells-like-hotcakes/
nier2.com/blog/2015/11/02/dengeki-online-interview-with-yoko-taro-and-yosuke-saito/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like le bobies and the butholes

Nigger Automatic is my favorite Yoko Ono game.

What the fuck?

Beat it almost completely, only two quests I didn't finish are the unit data and archive quests. Just tossed my save, and am trying to replay it on hard. Trying is the key world, god damn.

He tapped the waifu and action game market.

word*

Post lewds

Thread theme

I want to lick A2's tummy

how are the character action aspects of o'tomato? can you get cuhrayzee in it?

Does anyone think we will see Automata-like androids in our lifetime?

just bought the ost. I normally never pay for any game or soundtrack, but fuck this time my conscience wouldn't let me. Had to support those glorious nippons and their amazing music

no. Shallowest, most generic gameplay.

Did it come with any extra goodies? Been thinking about buying it when I can.

Also, I don't expect anyone to have bought the collector's edition in here but do we have any scans of the artbook that came with it?

I just bought a digital ost I suppose the point was simply to support the artist with money, not physical goods. pretty sure the version I bought has already been shared all across the internet and I could have just gotten it for free, nevertheless, it's my first time hearing the songs in non-looping format which was annoying in the user-made osts, and it's very nice for a music playlist

user, I…

Bayonetta Lite, though for like half the game you get a pretty restricted moveset and then it's not all that cuhrayzee.

I either know who you are from a previous thread, or their ideology is spreading. I fear I may have caught it.

Didn't even need that in the background, the chiptune versions of the ost was fun to play too, and kept the minigame from beint too repetitive.

The hacking really isn't all that cuhrayzee, as far as twin sticks go the hacks are mostly pretty basic. I did still enjoy them a lot though, but there needed to be a lot more minigames considering how much hacking you end up doing.

I was joking, negro.

Why haven't the Androids revived humanity when they had our DNA and the particles that caused that disease are gone?

Does anyone else think that this is a massive plot hole?

Best timeline or best timeline?

DNA's probably all fucked up since by the time they started backing up all the shit the gestalts were relapsing and the replicants were falling apart and growing futa dicks and shit. Plus where would they keep them after cloning them? The moon base seemingly isn't actually designed to be capable of sustaining a human population and if they sent them back down to earth the machines would just fuck their shit up.

I call bullshit that they couldn't figure out the proper DNA sequence after 6000 goddamn years, it's not hard to preserve the human genome digitally I mean our civilization has already done it.

Also just build another space station for them to chill on.

Can't you just name these Taro threads?
-OR-
Did Cavia have any programming input in Automata so they get some credit making it not planning it? Maybe you can call Cavia thread.

We know the machines and aliens only showed up after humanity was dead, the only resistance they ever got were the multiple Emils and later the Andriods that made up the YorHa program

As far as we know the machines wouldn't give a shit about humans, their sole purpose this entire time has been to keep the war with the Androids going since they don't know how to do anything else, those that broke away from the network are either peaceful like Pascal's village or just want to be left the fuck along like the Forest kingdom.

What I'm getting at is, if humans were somehow cloned and to return to earth, especially after the network shot itself into space to evolve and shit, I don't think there would be much resistance

Despite all of what I said above, how would it even be possible? Having the human genome is one thing, but being able to make humans from scratch with that alone is a pretty tall order, especially for androids that see humans as their Gods

Artificial wombs and cloning vats are actually technology that modern humans are close to achieving.

I call bullshit on Androids 8000 years in the future not having them.

Crack never

looks like there's some fun to be had at least. i wasn't expecting too much when they said it had to be easy enough for jrpgfags

Not the cloning part, but using a copy of the genome to make more.

Machines existed in the original Nier. Even semi- sentinel ones. One of the theories before Automata came out, that can still be somewhat true, was that one of the machine bosses that survived according to some piece of extra material went outside in the world and starting teaching other machines shit. He probably died thousands of years ago, but he would be something a lot like Pascal in terms of knowledge and status of a wise man. He could also even be Forest Kigndom's King.

I worded that badly. The machine going out and teaching other machine stuff was part of the material.

Have the two denuvo crackers ever cracked a weeb game that isn't a western audience one like MGSV? A lot of people don't like japanese stuff so if they don't crack weeb games they won't crack this.

Both crackers are chinks as far as I know, and they just seem to crack the most popular ones, no real specific rhyme or reason, some are easier than others, and some there's no interest in spending time cracking

It's still pretty easy on normal, and on hard you have to either grind a fair bit or slot a whole lot of defensive chips to get the difficulty to where hard would normally feel like in a DMC or Bayonetta since the enemy damage values are a bit high, but there's sweet spots where it is very enjoyable.

As far as i know only CPY cracked Denuvo, 3DM got payed out.
And they did Tales of Bersaria or how the fuck is called

Italian

I want to protect his smile.

How does he see out of that thing?

shallowest? na, its on Lord of Shadow 1/2 level

its basic attack and heavy attack, all weapons in each category has the same attack, same move set. you can create some nice variations, e.g add bare fists (basic atk) + small sword (heavy atk) or small sword (basic atk) + bare fists (heavy atk).

However, some move that send enemies up can only be performed when you succeed a dodge the next attack will automatically send them flying this sucks massively because NieR is often filled with projectiles coming your way. Any good or pro player will see it from a mile away, this game isnt about combo or some flashy shit, its about quick dps in terms of attack animation, keep it short, you cant perma-lock many enemies so short animation to allow for better mobility works best, or just pull a Vindictus and watch your attack pattern so heavy attacks at the end lends (i did this breeze through gold enemies on hard on first playthrough easily while pod is perma shooting)

>What I'm getting at is, if humans were somehow cloned and to return to earth, especially after the network shot itself into space to evolve and shit, I don't think there would be much resistance
>He didn't get the last ending.
>He didn't read the final weapon story.

there must be a lot of ancient weapons-lifeforms in the ocean? A threat for any humans returning but again, just do NieR colonizing Andromeda with waifu-droids and Shotas

with his eyes? That's just his head.

the combat feels a bit light and shallow but their's potential for cuhrayzee but not on a DMC level

Just bust out the 2B lewds already to get the thread going.

yes, but they will all be eaten by the a machine qt 3.14

Fuck it. I have pride but it only goes so far. I'll just set it to hard after the prologue.

You better play hard mode after you complete the game and get better gear/upgrades. You gonna get rekt if play on hard mode early on because even the weakest enemies can kill you in 2 hit max, and during the shmup section, you can't use healing item so you need auto use item plug-in chip to at least save your ass

The reason I'm at the prologue again is because I decided to reach out and save someone.

It's not hard user. Everything is two shot death, so just heal to full after each hit. Make sure you kill every machine so you'll be strong enough when you reach the boss. If you do, he can't one shot you.

You don't know how evil this man is, this music video really capture what Nier is

2B OR NOT 2B?

Shadowlord is the best fucking boss fight in any game.
Prove me wrong.
You can't

You can't heal during shmup section

Shadowlord is a really great fight. I liked how the fight against Eve has some hints of Shadowlord in there.

The shmup section is easy. Never died there on anything but very hard.

The transition to the music box music gets me everytime, and with the bullet hell finale to the boss fight makes it so damn meloncholic and great.

anyone got a torrent link for automata's OST?

It's on soulseek

>just saved 9S the first time
>all my side quests are no longer active

user is this the first Nier all over again where halfway through I will miss on half of the games quests because I put it off?

Nah they open back up again shortly.

Thank fucking god when that happened in Nier I thought new game plus had you starting from the very beginning not first time skip. When I got ending A I fully released I would not finish all quests and died inside.

Is there any word on what are those locked elevator with the exploding robots are about?

DLC area probably

It's a route C quest.

What quest?

(checked)

So does the music in the caves on the way to Emil's house make anyone else want to kill themselves?

If you are thinking the one that leads to Emile's house. Thats not the one.

You will never have an android waifu like 2B

IIRC, there's 2 locked elevators with the exploding robot, 1 in the desert and 1 at the coast behind a waterfall. It's not quest of any kind, maybe for some future content

There is also one in the forest. Maybe its where best girl has been hiding this entire time. Or could just be Yoko Taro fucking with us again.

What about that one elevator in the commercial center where you first meet Emil?

That is part of a side quest having to do with Emile.

Spoiler if you haven't play the original Nier, you wouldn't understand it, its a nod to the previous game

If you find all the flower Emil told you to, he give you the key to the elevator

Wait what, so there's a final story if you unlock all the weapon stories or what?

I wish they give more screen time and characterization to 2B though. She's barely have any dialog in her route and all NPC interaction are handle by 9S. It's only at the end of her route we see her having some sort of emotional interaction and then she died. I know there the prologue but after that, she barely talk at all. It's like she not the main character in the game.

After you got all weapon at 100% and fully upgrade it, you got to fight Emil again

Forest one is for emils second house
The rest are DLC or something that's retardedly complex that will take some jap with a serious case of the 'tism to figure out, part of me hopes Taro decided to make all those rediculous "you have to go to X rock and use HM01 and then go to this bridge and use HM02 and then use strength on the truck to get mew" puzzles real

2B's characterisation shines through when you actually understand the story since it defines the reason why she acts the way she does.

Well fug, guess I've still got some grinding to do.

she's not, 9S pulls all the weight. Taro making a smug commentary on female protags?

Like I said, it doesn't feel like she is the main character the revelation of her real purpose was discovered by A2. Not only that, she died like half way in the game

Talk about under develop character, the Commander serve no purpose in the game. I thought she hold some major plot to the story but nope. Her death was so sudden I was like, "that's it?"

more likely a commentary on waifufags, since her being waifu material is what 9S's whole character hinges around.

Stop, not everything has a hidden agenda.

Legit question time.

What platform are you niggers playing it on?
Should I hold out until Denuvo is gone? For those who bought on Steam, is it worth it despite Denuvo?

usually his games do though

Yes, its about making you suffer
>"Oh you like these characters? guess what, I'm gonna murdered every single one of them"

does clipping through the wall to get into the locked mall elevator do anything when you get in it while it's locked?
these videos might not prove anything aside from locked elevators dont move.

though most elevators seem to have a shaft, these mystery ones dont appear to.

IT'S /m/ TIME, FAGGOTS

Post best non-android machine from either the first or second game and explain why it's the best.

My vote is for Engels because it's made out of parts resembling real-world vehicles and buildings while still managing to look fantastical and unsettling. It's like the perfect blend of real robot and super robot and I wish the game had several more mecha in that style. Maybe the DLC will have some?

I bought it and the game wort every cent. Actually it so fucking amazing I'll just stop there because it'll spiral down to blatant shilling.
If you want to boycott denuvo on principle, go on, but it didn't affect my experience in any way shape or form.

The more I play N:A, the more I feel like the translators only have a cursory textbook knowledge of Japanese and have probably never actually dealt with Japanese people before. Like, all the simple sentences are translated near identically, but anything more complicated feels like they tried to pick out the nouns and then guess at the tone. While I'm not the best at actually speaking the language, I've got a few Japanese friends and so picking out mannerisms is a bit easier for me.

Bought the game for discount on GMG as I wasn't too sure on what the quality would be like. Regret nothing. you might need the mod that's stickied in the Steam forums to get it to run well on 1080p

Once you finish route C/D you get chapter select, you can go literally to any point in the story and it also lists the number of quests you have finished out of the available ones.

I'm gonna comment on the online features a bit. At first, it's nothing more than corpses of other players you can salvage for temporary buffs or resurrect as temporary companions. However, there is one instance very, very lategame where the online system makes perfect sense and is almost a necessity to get one of the endings. Unless you're god tier at shmups

I call bullshit. I am sure they made it so made up names and messages show up if you have no internet connection or is just one of the first people that get to that part. The number of people's data that supposedly die during a single ending E fight is way to much to make sense.

I'm sure there are a lot of fake ones setup so things don't become impossible. I think it works out thematically the same way anyway. You're offering your save to potentially help someone who probably wont even care or realise your save was real. You're giving up everything for just the chance that your data could help someone.

As if I can't back up my saves.

Well yeah that's always an option I did that with the original NieR but the designed outcome of deleting all the data still fulfills the same goal regardless of if there's fake data in the ending or not.

>The number of people's data that supposedly die during a single ending E fight is way to much to make sense.
After I got help I only got hit twice, the extra firepower makes it laughably easy to kill the big names like SHIT SQUARE ENIX so fast they barely get a shot off.

Some people who played offline confirmed that they got no help, but I never did it first-hand. I might replay the final fight and see what happens if I don't turn online connectivity on.

That music is spot fucking on (all of it is really). It's so gentle, yet melancholic. Fitting for a dark, damp, almost secret cave that just seems mystical and its resident. I'm so happy he found peace in the end

The quest is undertaken by A2 before she enters the God Box I think. It is titled Emil's Determination and starts in the same place his previous quest did. This boss is also lvl 99.

VERY IMPORTANT: If you're a 'tism that must unlock all endings then it is vital you let the boss self destruct to unlock Ending Y. I do no believe the quest can be taken again, so if you beat it, then save, you cannot get the ending.

Why would they utilize your data for only one person? I imagine it's shared in a favorable ratio

Actually there is. I ignored any girding and went on normal boss 6lv under him. It took me ~3h and close to 50 attempts but damn that was fun. None of his attacks were unfair yet you really needed to try to beat him.
I cannot wait to have a bit of spare time to finish rest of endings on higher difficulties.

That would make them even more of lying cunts as when a hacking ship dies it says that X's data has been erased.

I can confirm this, my friend could not beat the end credits for an entire day while their connection was down

So trying to connect to the network actually requires an internet connection, and is not a fake-out if not having one?

Yup! I've had my own internet dropout playing a few times and corpses stopped appearing as well.

You have a dead set focus on being negative about this that I don't think I can deter. Fact is you do sacrifice your save data so someone else, maybe multiple people if I'm right, can also have a happy ending. That's the point.

I also just started up my file to double check. If you disable network features and go into Ending E it will ask you to enable them. If you decline it will proceed with the normal questions of whether or not you give up when you die, but without any of the motivational text. If you continue to die it will eventually loop back around to asking if you want to enable network features.

That's pretty interesting.

Does anyone else have an FPS drop with the latest version of FAR? I first noticed a small drop with 3.0.1 when the modder implemented that guys work on the bloom. I rolled back to 2.0.3 and have gained about 10fps.

Some of the quests are fucking stupid though.

Only mission that I really would consider stupid is what you already posted. After I spent 15 minutes running around the desert scanning shit and not finding any of the items I gave up and looked up the locations from a guide, needle in a haystack is not good mission design.

What about jean-paul quest? Once you unlock fast travel it's trivial, but I went in blind, didn't even know there is a fast travel, since there wasn't one in Nier so I was running around like a retard talking to his fan girls.
That was pretty shitty as well.

Thank fuck now I don't feel like such a casual for eventually getting the help. Got taken out by the marketing department. Fucking marketers.

Maybe I got lucky but I beat that quest chain in like 10 minutes.

What if, Ending E when I get help, no damage is dealt to me because the higher rate of fire helps me kill everything before they damage me? Does that mean I don't waste other's saves?

It was done by 8-4 so take that as you will.

muh diiiick

8-4… explains so much.

I'm in 9S storyline at the moment and at the part where you just save 2B and get sent back to Earth to fight the final boss, you go into the hanger to get into the flight suit. But there's a glowy white girl behind the ship, and you can't talk to her because the game cutscenes you into the suit. Who is she, does anyone know?

Also how the fuck do you get this chest?

That's a massive spoiler, keep playing.

Hai!

You live the machine alive and use the Wire. I think you can do it for the first time in route B.

you levae*

leave*
God damn it.

where's the bulge?

See the platform on the top right? You get on that, walk off from it, and just as soon as you are below that broken staircase you dash to the left and then double jump and dash to left again. Took me 4 tries to get it right and not dash into the staircase or fall too far down.

Nier Automata wasn't spared the blunt of SJW criticism by chance. I've seen the hate toward it in the usual infested communities, like Neofag.

But they received the order to stand down and they complied. Because they try not to make themselves look as apparent as in the days of gamejournopros.

You know that lunar tear near desert camp? I first got it with 9S using snek bot to climb over the wall. Turns out you can get to it with 2B using great sword dragon punch move from nearby rock.
Point is I'm certain that every chest not explicitly behind hackable door can be accessed by either 2B or 9S with their standard bodies and abilities.

Thank you based user. This proves my theory that you can get everywhere with just sumping and weapon moves.
I hate when video games do that though.

I don't give a fuck and neither does Taro, and neither should you.
Attention is what feed SJWs and other internet "personalities". They WILL go away if you just ignore them.
See anita.

They can't really achieve much. The previous Nier game had Emil, that was gay for the MC, and Kaine, a literal hermaphrodite. What can they object against?

I actually think I got that one chest with simple jumping as well, but I don't remember very well.
That said the Lunar Tear in the desert can be reached by a route from the cave below that area.

I fucking love Nier Automata.

you can access the lunar tear in the desert as 2B normally by just double jumping after following a path through the caves. I'm pretty sure that's the intended path anyway.

That’s called mental illness.

I would say the other two were not planned.

I want to fuck Angelus.

That's what "emergent gameplay" is supposed to ge.

Nier automata put me to tears for the first time in five years.
Streaming tears.

It's been so long since something's inspired emotion in me like that.

11/10 best waifu

I wanted to cry so bad at the end of A and B endings. If it keeps pulling these strings I will cry manly tears too.

Pigs tend to appreciate greatness over time.
Sometimes lifetime of an author is not enough to receive well deserved praise from masses, sometime it is.
It was always like this.
Yoko is fortunate enough to become living legend, unlike say Mendel or Poe.

But user A and B are happiest of endings.

Speaking of hard to reach places, it felt rewarding to get over here.

I don't know if there's a simpler way but I did with no movement speed up: dash off the edge, jump and immediately light attack to do upper cut, dash again, jump and hold jump to hold pod, while holding pod hold light attack to spin, then after that use Mirage pod ability.

I don't think I used any attacks to get there apart from pod kick.
You dash, jump, dash again, do pod kicks.
Pud I had maxed out dash distance as well as level 4 engine sword so maybe that's why I didn't need any slashes.

It starts getting tough when Squeenix shows up (after the Martial Arts Club etc). There is a checkpoint right before it.

The real ending is what did it to me.

Yeah I had no dash distance either. Still neat that it's doable with no upgrades.

Nah, I am using the default swords and did that with a double jump, pod throw and a dash. It is not hard.

The game is like a perfect combination of music and story that it manage to get emotion out of the player even if it a 4th wall breaking moment

Just kill yourself, you filthy American scum.

(checked)

I don't think my heart or soul could take more of this.

I did this with a dash off the side, double jump spaced out a bit, drone jump and a dash even though I was clipping the building.

C'mon user, don't be a scrub

Welcome to Taro Yoko games.
But honestly Nier and Automata are comparatively optimistic games even at their saddest.
Drakengard puts berserk to shame in terms of horrifyingly torturing characters you painfully grew to care about. I just wish it has better gameplay so more people could appreciate its story.

I never noticed this. Very nice. The game keeps on delivering.

EZ mode

His name is Taro though, Yoko is his family name. But westaboo like Hideo Kojima put his name first instead of his family name.

His name is Taro and his family name is Yoko.
You know. Like
Nabunaga Oda
Hideo Kojima
Ayami Kojima
Norio Wakamoto.

I always get confused about that, especially whith somebody I didn't know before.
It stands to reason that Japanes being of eastern culture position Family above Person, thus usually using family names first.
I think a lot of eastern cultures do that.

Yes, I am telling you are filthy gaijins. Are you that dense?

I am not a jap so I'm gonna use format common in my culture.
What you're gonna do about it huh?

But android doesn't have genital

The quest is taken by anyone at any point after the Emil's memories quest.

this one was fairly easy for me. i just equipped the spear, tapped up and light attack to do an upward thrust. then a jump and mirage.
i did the same for the lunar tear one after getting frustrated because i went the correct way, and double jumped into an invisible wall. if looking at the wall, theres a spot on the right side that lets you go alittle higher. start the triple jump there and you'll make it no problem.

anything good in those chests?

That was the problem with Adam. He wanted to be human so much he forgot he isn't one.

There's a weapon and an archive document

They are machine life forms.

Like 2B and 9S?

oooh, i gotta do that when i get home.

WHERE IS THE CRACK EGGMAN

Being made of them is different than being them.

Maybe NuBerserk

At least I'm not a weeabo

Stealing from neighbor thread.

The best version is obviously the chorus one, especially considering when it kicks in.

Like what? I'm sure 9S doesn't have a reproductive organ either

Unless they were made closer to the image of their gods.

Pretty much.
The only amicable characters from berserk are Guts and hawks that aren't Griffith and Niggress. Those two got what they deserved though. And it all became complete shit show since then, where you don't know who you want to murder more.

It's heavily implied he does.

This needs an update

It implied android have emotion, similar to machine that is off the network. Just look at the dead android bodies

Machines are similar to plants, thus the have basic reproductive instincts, but no reproductive organs.
Androids are built to imitate humans, it's confirmed that they consume water, and it is possible to eat mackerel and get poisoned meaning they have at least some form of digestive system thus leading into having peepees and poopoos.
So yeah 9S has a dick and Adam doesn't.

Silat, Owen, Laban, Azan, Jill.

Those appear to be stripped of most everything. Notice that yours don't look like you.

Wrong, you're thinking of the ayylmaos

Where?
Or more likely meaning, they don't, and throwing fish into electronics and machinery is bad fucking idea.

When you destroy tank in amusement park and pick up its core Pod says that core is similar to plant cell in structure.
Later Pascal says that they metallic bodies can be rebuilt infinitely, but if their cores are destroyed it means actual final death.
Ayys were just lazy fucks, and probably simply starved to death playing starcraft 64 rather than being actually killed by their robots.
Aren't all robots Emils? I haven't got to Y ending yet.

Here, i made a webm.

There is a quest where you need to collect meat for forest camp dude so he can practice cooking.
2B comments that androids only get energy from consuming water.

Death description clearly says that you get poisoned rather than short-circuited in pretty elaborate fashion.
So yeah I partially agree with you that they probably have basic digestive systems to only work with water and not designed for consuming solid food.
Which means 2B doesn't actually have an asshole.
What a sad realization.

LOVE

KILL is more likely, actually

NIGGER

Both are equally likely

That is the entire motivation for Adam and Eve

Eve doesn't give a shit, he only wants to play with his oniichan.

I'm pretty sure he's using speed chips and/or salves.

The description of one of the fishes that is not mackerel, I think it's a bream, states that some androids have taken a liking to consume it for the sake of imitating humans, without any consequences.

The intended way through the caves, launcher/triple jump, what's the third one?

You can hack into one of those snake machines with 9S and basically climb over the wall.
Also triple jump is 4th way, dragon punch + 2nd jump from nearby rock is the second, though you can still add 3rd jump into that if you want.
Game is magnificent.

increase dash range. dont run, just dash repeatedly. its faster and makes jumping easier.

Are there even any snake machines in the desert? I thought that hacking a snake machine was supposed to be the "correct" way of getting to those chests in the flooded city and city ruins before I learned that you can do a pod glide attack.

I would also put launchers, dragon punches and triple jumps in the same category for the sake of navigating.

1 - Hack into some easy bot near city center
2 - go into crater and hack into snek
3 - go to desert
You can also ride elevators as snek. Snek is best bot really.

Why not just use a flyer? Their limited flight is more than enough to do any of these jumps

They are like 3 times slower than accelerated snek.
Snek is the fastest bot. I think drill snek is faster than others as well.

How do I get this?

Just walk around the camp mate. There is a passage to the back yard.

By back yard you mean where is the dude with the sorting quests? Well chests are not there.

Huh? I don't remember there be any other chests.
Are you sure they didn't just respawn? Chests with consumables respawn between routes.

So you mean there are inside the building and can't ever again be opened?

Not sure. Maybe?

Yeah that's what happens. You can get them during the sorting quests but then as soon as you change routes all non-weapon non-archive chests respawn and then every time you go through the camp you get taunted by what's likely two small recoveries you can never get.

For the first time I decided to try heaving two heavy weapons.

having*

i never thought to use the item radar thing for finding hidden areas…

im not a fan of that moveset. for 2b or a2 i either go with 2 short swords, or short sword + spear.
with 9s i always go with a spear. he sucks with the other weapons. plus that puncturing javelin toss he can do is so op it feels like cheating.

There wasn't anything of value in those chests from what I remember doing the sorting quest.

No sweeping attacks, I disliked this moveset. I always roll with spear + large sword. The poledance combo is useful sometimes, but I mostly use the large swords for passives, like the Iron Will giving +defense and stagger resist.

I found a physical copy of Drakengard for the PS2 at a local hobby shop for $10. Case a little damaged, but the disk was in good shape and the insert wasn't torn or anything. Ended up passing on it.

Did I fuck up?

its an android. why so flawed?

Because i didn't make it, user.

Just emulate it?

0/10 apply yourself

the vanilla is much sexier user… like by 100x

it shows potential.
Besides, can't someone "mod" the mod and make it better?
Tiny skin colored nips would be amazing tbh

Hey Taro! Find a new job because this one isn't fun!

Why did Platinum consider a two-second delay before activating B-mode a good idea?

potential? its a step down from the original design. thats like saying dragon age 2 showed potential compared to the first.

I feel like the optimal strategy is just to not even try to use it in that fight and that being where they teach you about it was just because they had to throw the instructions at you at some point. Actually come to think of it I can't remember if I used it at all in any of the fights, it's not a particularly useful gimmick by the time you get it.

You get on top of the top platform with the dead robot, slide off, and dash double jump. Not hard at all.

While it's good to know triple jump exists you can also go the easier route of just hopping from one pillar to the next starting from the first one near the gate that has another pillar leaning on it. Doing it as 2B 9S fucked with me the entire time doing it though.

I did it with no dash boosts. I can't remember the exact order but it's possible to do it by running off, a pod kick, the light spear air combo, and an air dodge and I did it on my first try.

Nope, a flyer can't get to the chest in City Ruins.

I only used B mode once against the spider bot in the library. I felt it was completely useless anywhere else, the time it takes to activate it is way too fucking long to be useful. I always got hit while trying to activate it, only way I did not get hit was to activate it while being a mile away from the enemies but that just caused me to run out of health before I could get back in melee range. Activation timer needs to be 0,5s or less. Imagine fucking Devil Trigger in DMC taking 2 seconds to turn on while you stand still.

Use a launcher before activating, or slow, or wire. You can also activate in midair.

why wasnt this posted yet

the point of 3D is that you can watch them do slutty things without feeling bad about watching white rape victim meth addicts
but yeah the face is bad

Can't get hard to this.

At least you posted the good version

that is pretty dick doodoo my feriend ahhahaha

Do you ever make worthwhile posts?

any drawfags got some advice how to improve this?

Her hips aren't aligned with her spine.Thighs are much larger than calves so both of her legs look weird, and the right leg should be more rounded because the muscle is being engaged for her to lift her foot.

Good job on the hand though, that left one is pretty great.

also nice thigh bulge

put more curve in hips, she has like a 2:1 shoulder to hip ratio in game.

Let me rephrase this, her thighs *should* be larger than her calves not the same size, what you currently have has the thighs as the same width which is awkward.

something more like this?

Pear shape, user

better

really not sure what you mean, can you explain a bit more, the last one i posted seems pretty pear-y

I said better not perfect :^)
I don't know how much anatomy practice drawfag has.

close to none, really should go to some classes or something. all the stuff ive learned is online

Not a dawfag but something that looks off to me is the legs look too straight down rather as if she doesn't have wide hips

You talking about thigh gap?
Does 2B have major thigh gap? brb researching

Not necessarily thigh gap, but kind of like this pic

I see what you're saying but from this angle it doesn't look that too off to me.

I didn't even think it was viable to take down the gold enemies without hacking.

I wish Nier was ported to PC, but it probably never will. Yeah, I know, begging for scraps etc, but I really want to experience the game first-hand, and I am not in the position to buy a PS3 any time soon.

You can already emulate Demon's Souls on the PS3 user just wait for the Nier patch.

That and didn't Yoko say that if Automata did well Nier would get a remake?

God, please make this true. Also, my PC should be able to run the PS3 emulator, so I'll be waiting with bated breath.

Pretty sure he talked only about Drakengard.

Does anybody have the exact quote because I only saw it mentioned once in another thread.

It is not hard to google Drakengard remake, you damn nigger.
nichegamer.com/2017/03/14/taro-yoko-well-make-a-drakengard-remastered-collection-if-square-enix-funds-it/
Actually it seems like Nier remaster is more likely.

The actual quote is "a Nier remaster is highly possible if Automata sells like hotcakes", which it did.

Yeah I found it linked to the article user linked.
nichegamer.com/2017/01/30/nier-remaster-highly-possible-if-nier-automata-sells-like-hotcakes/

He said something about both the possibility of a Drakengard and NieR remaster that people wouldn't want because he would change everything.
I don't think NieR needs it, but I would be interested to see Yoko rework Drakengard, hell we might even get Drakengard 1.3, or a different timeline all together.

I hope 200k sold on Steam (probably more than that on PS4) will be enough of a motivation.

Remaster means a higher change for a PC port, which is what user and I too would like to see.

200k sold in Japan alone in the first week. We might be very close to a million sales world wide across platforms, especially with how positive many people have been about the game online.

>Only get to play best girl for a third of the game at best
>Keep having to play the fuckboy with the aggravating hacking minigame
>Everyone cool dies, little bitchdroid gets to live

What the fuck, Taro?

Problem?

Kinda. It's pretty expensive for just a disc in a sleeve online. Did the case have the manual?

O V E R C L O C K

Also Bmode is completely sustainable with a good Damage = Heal chip. That's how I beat Emil II.

You mean offensive heal right?

Yeah

Draw A2's tummy

Yeah. I get Offensive Heal and Deadly Heal mixed up so I didn't want to say one of them and be wrong.

Thank you for the correction.

IIRC, they were just given a vague likeness to him.

The contents are the packages you're required to get for the quest.

Balls are gay

They also get in the way

Actually, user, according to my furry scify chart that I just made up, the correct term would be intersexual.

I want closet homosexuals to fuck off to their cockshed.

Cancer leave

Holla Forums came out a long time ago user.

Fuggen degenerates, I knew it, video games can even make the damn frogs gay!

So what the hell were those angel things in ending B of Drakengard?

Something about her looks not cute.
I think her wanting a white boyfriend is like wanting to trade a bidoof for a shiny arceus

You know that guy seems to really be living the dream. He's not very fat or ugly, he's got lots of figures with a really neat display case, a very nice and clean SS uniform, and a daki. He presumably even has his own place.

He lives in Switzerland to top it all off. One of the least pozzed nations in Europe atm.

So, uh.
What does YoRHa stand for?
And why was Emil inside a random forest machine?

Now you know how totalbiscuit feels.

What was Emil's purpose at all, other than some mild fanservice and a post-game bossfight? In general I thought he was pretty useless other than giving us some DEEPEST LORE on some of the stuff that was in Grimoire Noir and the audio CDs

Emil's immortal. Even if the entire world turns the shit Emil is still going to be rolling around. While he isn't useful to the plot, we would know he would be alive somewhere, might as well have some fun with him.

One of my friends who studied a bit of japanese, theorized that it might be an acronym for a humanity preservation/protection organization (in Romanized japanese). I do not remember what he said exactly, but the expression would have J instead of Y as its first letter, so we theorized that the Y is a nod to Yonah.

Nevermind. nier2.com/blog/2015/11/02/dengeki-online-interview-with-yoko-taro-and-yosuke-saito/

>died at the last few minutes of that
>would you like help?
>accept
>ends 10 seconds later
WELL

I understand story wise why he would still be there, but like I said, outside of fanservice he really adds nothing to the game, he's nothing more than a bit of feels and comic relief, you'd think YorHa/The resistance would be more interested in a guy who supposedly fought off the aliens, but 2B and 9S aren't just unphased, they seem sorta pissed off that he's even around, like what the fuck? Is Emil already in their records as "That one moonman looking motherfucker who cloned himself a bunch of times and killed a bunch of ayy lmaos"?

I may have missed something but I thought the androids don't know that Emil fought off the ayy lmaos?

Since Emil is still alive doesn't that mean that humanity is still around and will never die out?

This would be true if Emil were human still or if he could even breed. Emil is not human anymore.

I can think of a lot of changes for Nier that would be good
I got a bigger list I made of things I'd like to see in a Drakengard remake/remaster but I don't feel like looking for it. Better implementation of the party members was a big one.

Once a human always a human.

He has a human soul and shit.

Uh, you're not that smart, are you?

Did you complete his sidequest? Or fight the true final boss in the desert?

He's saying he wants to kill 2E

That's what the scene in the Soul Box was about

It's actually Schrodinger's asterisks. It is both kill and fuck at the same time until Taro explicitly states otherwise.

So do the attacks in the Emil truck fight automatically kill you, or do they just do a lot of damage that's potentially nonlethal?

Potentially non-lethal on normal. Haven't seen anyone stack enough health and defense to take a hit on hard. Fight at around lv 60 - 70 is what I hear is optimum.

Well fugg, I'm level 70 right now and he's kicking my ass.

Just don't do what I did and max level. Fight's too easy on normal then, and OHKO on hard.

Is it just me or is normal way to goddamn easy while Hard is way to goddamn hard?

There's a chip that slows time in proximity to projectiles. Equip that, and if you're having trouble doing damage - then equip a higher-level Vengence chip and assuming you're playing on Normal like a bitch you can just take controlled hits while popping your 99 stack of Large/Full healing items and have Emil kill himself.

Hard was only really hard during the first area due to no chance to learn the game while everything actually able to hit you is an instant kill that would make you go back at least 1 8 minutes having to redo the first bit and everything else over again.
After that I forgot I was playing hard because outside of bosses where you'd still die in one hit the enemies damage seemed fair.

>liking shatwo the edgehog

Well there was another user with similar complaint, but I found hard to be perfectly balanced.
Healing is cheap, doesn't interrupt anything and you always get time stop to pop a couple of pots when your health is low so dying even on hard never was a big issue.

I'm not playing on normal pretty happy that I've never set the difficulty to anything but hard, even for the tutorial mission but I am grinding to 99 like a piece of shit just so I do more damage and kill him faster.

What ever happened with fumufumu

For machines aren't both equivalent?
I seem to remember some machine bot saying that, also Romeos & Juliettes

Honestly, I wish 9S went through a subtle visual change in route C. It's hard to take his psychotic break/tragic downfall seriously when he still has his gay babyface after he takes off his blindfold. If they just made his cheeks slightly less round and eyes a little smaller, just so he looks 16-17 instead of 13-14.

I dunno, I liked it.

Just hack the Amusement Park Rabbit about a dozen times? Done easiest if you hack into a biped, kill all the surrounding machines that you can lock onto, and hack the rabbit from the biped.

Don't do it. You'll kill him too easily on any difficulty, and probably still be OHKO on hard. Just level a little. Don't max.

I'm extremely intrigued by this game and really want to read these threads but I've not played a single game in the series and am a point where I need to fix my shit before I can play videogames.

Stay out of the threads then you faglord

I've skimmed through and managed to not read spoilers but in a year or 2 when I eventually play the game there'll be no discussion. Oh well.

you just don't get shota do you

it shut down, like all others. She did leave me a nice goodbye note that did have some flair i taught her in my talks. She lives on in my heart. ずっと一緒に。
Offtopic

It's a throwback to the previous games: yonah, replicants, hamlin

Glory!

There's also a couple of chests, one on the left and one on the right which are like S recovery and Skill Salve iirc.

The outfit is obviously supposed to be inspired by Nazi military uniforms, but that other stuff can't be a coincidence.

Is Yoko Taro OUR GUY?

Forgot the pic.

There're a tonne of references to WWII in this game.

they are just bulletsponge

It's possible but there's the autistic "i did it the way the game didn't intend by grinding away at the gold enemies for hours and hours" and the solution the game gave you which was "press a button". Kind of like how some guy talks about how cool it is he can start a fire with flint and steel when a lighter can be bought and used anywhere as long as you keep it dry. Sure it's nice to know but doing things inefficiently doesn't make you smart.

Holy Fuck, Pod 042 is the hero we deserve.

Like the game taking place in 11945.

Was it his fault?

So I was reading doing all "joke" endings by following the list in the wiki and then reached Ending Y. Surely there is a secret way to do it? Does buying the achievement adds the latter to the save?

Pantyhose for 2B when? I wanna to see dat ass entrapped in lycra.

So how I taunt on PC? Playing with DS4 and spamming R3 like tutorial suggests doesn't work. Or it's just 2B can't taunt?

She can't. It is A2 only. And I am pretty sure that was holding the weak attack button, as R3 is camera control anyway.

It's L3 you mash to flick light on/off to taunt.

Well user, are you?

I'm not sure, you can't just redo the chapter in chapter select?

I am now.

There's also a reference to Pearl Harbor in A2's history somewhere. I can't remember exactly when it takes place though.

What's the best way to make money? Fishing?

Just kill everything you come across and sell the machine cores and you should never be short on money. I thought I was low on cash once after upgrading a bunch of weapons but then I realized I had 44 machine cores and shot back up to 900k.

I could swear you play as too bee for more time than you play as edgy shounen manga protag :^)

How did you manage to run out of money fam? Are you super early game still? Sell your machine cores and you'll have plenty, even after wasting it on gay shit like the inventor and Emil's useless 21-slot implants

The attack on the machine server inside that mountain is literally called Pearl Harbor Descent.

Pascal is a she in the game but again, truely an emotional piece that one, and no it wasnt

No, it's a he. All dialogue refers to him as "he", and a shitty female VA for his english version doesn't have anything to do with it.

go back to where Eve/Adam first appeared, get a auto item collect, exp or drop boost, and kill them in the pit, they spawn immediately after you've killed them, perma farm there very fast good drops too

He has a female VA in the Japanese version as well. But the children robots for example call him oji-chan/uncle.

He has a childlike voice in the japanese version, and it's very common for children to be voiced by females, especially in Japan.

Childlike? Definitely fucking not. It might not be masculine, but it is not childlike either. Other than her Pascal voice in general being grade, I would say she has achieved to sound just enough like certain type of Japanese male voices.

oh please, i like the robot especially knowing HE READ NIETZSCHE AND LIKED IT.

shockwave + 6
weapon up +6
= less than 2 mins if you keep the dps up

Pascal is a he, but is voiced by females in both soundtracks. I'd say it was just a quirk of a robot not knowing what actual gender is. It might also be a commentary on how we (the player) perceive gender based on sound, while a species unlike our own would not.