Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex
>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mhxg.org/ida/268801.html
rgj.com/story/life/2015/12/10/mhx-monster-hunter-x-key-quests-guide-technobubble/77082062/
mhxx.wiki-db.com/sim/?hl=en#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DAILY REMINDERS:
Gunner is autism
Hunting Horn is legs only
Styles a shit
Hunting Arts a shit
Monhun a shit
You're favorite weapon a shit
You're least favorite weapon is the only weapon worth using

Fuck he's right.

Also you forgot to add in "literal 22000 hp deviljho, have fun with the 30 minute hunt"

My favorite weapon is GS

So in a probably vain attempt to curtail shitposting, anyone up for actually hunting in XX? Only barely started G, so still running upper level gear myself. Up for anything, be it finishing up old content or tackling the new stuff.

No seeing Horn nerfed AGAIN in XX just killed my motivation.
Better just go play 4U so I can at least pretend the series can get better with 5

Betting on 5 to be more like 4G than XX is a safe bet I think, seeing as Tsujimoto has been working on that since 4G, while X and XX were complete side-projects done by an entirely different team.

Create a room bruh.

I can only hope after the clusterfuck of bad design that XX has, but seeing capcom's choices in every other game isn't leaving me with a good feeling

51-4837-8052-3905
Pass: 2456

Defaulted to the Low/High Rank area in case you or anyone else doesn't have access to the pub yet.

Understandably. Just remember that Tsujimoto has nepotism protecting him so he basically has free reign to do what he wants.

Everyone has access to the pub I thinkge.

Fair enough, hadn't tried creating a fresh file on XX yet, so didn't want to make assumptions.

Good god I have gotten rusty. I need to get back in shape if I'm dying to Belioros of all things.

59-2576-7135-0527
Pass: 2456

We moved to G Rank

Grinding is for niggers, use a save editor

Great Jaggi, Qurupeco, Gobul, Gigginox and Malfestio

Most pre-Tri monsters in XX are annoying to fight and feel unpolished.
Also the niggercats need to die and be eaten by monsters

Thanks again for the hunts guys

You too fameram. By the way, try using a gun that rapid fires pierce 1 instead of normal 2.
Normal 2 is only really effective on really small shit, it does 12 raw per shot, while pierce 1 does 9 raw up to 3 times in an incredible small area.

Pierce is the 貫通弾, I'm guessing? I'll look into guns that do that then.

Is it worth it?

Pierce 1 is the third ammo type being sold by the vendor. A great gun for that is the G. Maccao one.

That's the one then, yeah. Any reason to go for the L1s over L2s?

Can't wait to make a Neg Affinity set

Yeah, gen nerfed pierce 2s a bit hard.
So pierce 1 does 9x3 damage, on a really small area, so that's 27 that you can get just about everywhere. 2 does 4x7 instead, over an area twice the size of 1, so that's only 1 damage more than pierce 1, while being really hard to get all shots in, not to mention that pierce 2 rapid fire always has "medium" wait, so in the end your dps is lower with pierce 2.
Pierce 3 became an absolute joke, 5x6. With the area for getting all hits being roughly from one end of a lagiacrus to another.

Got it, thanks a lot user

That's one of them newfangled MHOnline beasties, right? :^)

sounds like Barioths jap name actually

I've been out of the loop for ages now.

What's the general opinion on the Brave style? Who well or bad is it with certain weapons? Does it make any other style obsolete?

Are there changes to weapons and styles in XX?

How's the game in nip? Can a person who can't read a lick of it play with ease? Or should I wait for an english release (fan translation or otherwise?)

I heard brave GL is so much better that it's used for any% speedruns of some monsters

Brave is really fucking good on most weapons, as it essentially gives you an over drive mode and the ability to block with any weapon, but it's shitty on stuff like bow

A few nerfs/buffs across the ground, only thing I recall atm is adept db getting nerfed a bit hard

How's the game in nip? Can a person who can't read a lick of it play with ease? Or should I wait for an english release (fan translation or otherwise?)
You can easily play it without knowing a thing, however there's a full menu translation out already so grab that.

Ice element fucker from third generation, uses the same base body as Tigarex and Nargakurga.

I'll be lurking in the thread for the next several hours. If anyone wants to post another room I can help with anything from the HR2 Blangonga Urgent to lv. 15 Deviant quests.

Do you want to play some more weeb san

I'll be up for playing in a bit, finishing some shit up first.

Alright, I got about an hour and a half until I need to start getting ready for work.

42-4299-8962-0484

It looks like to get the Makkao gun up to the point it'd match my current gear in damage output is going to require G Rank parts from him, which I can get on my own just fine but don't have just yet, so I'll be stuck using my current gun for the moment, just a heads up. Will try gathering parts on the train to work later.

HANDHELDS A SHIT
MH5 ON CONSOLE/PC WHEN

Jesus, I need to get better at crab battle.

I think the servers might've gone down? I got an error message but I skipped through it due to carving.

Ah, servers went down for maintenance. Good hunts though guys, hope to run with you again.

Looks like the servers went down for maintenance. It was fun while it lasted. I'm still free for a while, if anyone would like to continue once they're back up.

probably before they release a patch and the next batch of quests on friday (thursday our time)

So how to get the patch as cfw user

MHXX 1.1 Patch
mega.nz/#!dRA0ASRD!Tv0lhF5PUzUcDDO6vJ6H1j3-3Clg9zWOsSoAk9IXhag

Personally tested it and it works. Note it WILL break the fan translation until they update it.

I'm gonna guess this fixes the bug where you couldn't buy things even though you had enough money.

No new event quests seeing as how they just released a batch of challenge quests, however there is a new item pack that has a lot of goodies.
I've never ran into that one but let's hope it does.

I still have all of X's event quests to work through since I didn't really play much of X or Generations. what I'm looking forward to is more DLC palicos.

by the way, how do the different hunting styles change playing bow? I heard brave gives you a free focus, and I've been playing adept for the dodge but I miss my arrow bombardments. I assume aerial would be useless for bow?

Question: Why does each subsequent game seem to be easier and have less content?

Answer: you're getting better at the game and burning through the content faster.

I find that hard to believe to be honest.
I started with MH2 and then went to 3U then went back to MH, then to 4U and X. MH seems the second hardest after MH2, but X seems really barren in terms of single-player content. Even with multiplayer (I only play multiplayer when my mates come around so we advance together) it seems my mate who is really really shitty at 3U is better at 4U and breezes through X, even though he struggles if we ever go back to a prior installment.

X just seems really barren, and 4U to a lesser degree.

Not a bow main but the main problem I see with Brave bow is that you have to commit to very long animation attacks. Both the brave charging attack and the double power shot while you are in brave take a long time to complete. The only case I can make for brave bow is against slow monsters where you can always confirm you are safe to attack. Maybe someone else out there sees the light but I believe that Bushido/Adept is still the optimal style for bow.

which monster woud u hump

ur mum

You need to use NTR to patch on the fly, or build your own CIA, but NTR is better as building a CIA is harder to update.

I meant the 1.1 patch, and it was posted already, but ty.

If you're using LayeredFS or editing ROMFS it's fine, but NTR is buggered for now.

user's please I don't want any context it's funnier this way.

What the fuck is the deal with Lagiacrus's ridiculously inflated hp?

How can people know the HPs of monsters? Do you stone them to death or do you look up game's files and shit?

Also, have you guys made any gear for that 裏会心 (reverse crit) skill? There is a hammer 380 raw dmg and 70%- crit with long as fuck green for blunt. As for my main SA, I am not sure if I should stick with deviant diablos' wep and set or if Psycho Mantis' wep and set is better.

Meant 370.
wiki.mhxg.org/ida/268801.html

What's up with these fuckin Japs and not having any pictures up on Kiranico?

Kiranico has the values.

Not to mention the fact that they keep putting more of a focus on "DLC" quests that are already on the cartridge/disc (which you just have to download the unlock key) to force a longer lifespan for people who actually go out of their way to buy the game.

To be fair, at least they don't charge for the "DLC." It's a shitty practice, but they can and have done worse before.

Like what? Force people to pay for MH servers like they did with tri for japs? The only reason they didn't do it for NA/EU was apparently because they wanted the game to be more popular.

For MonHun specifically yeah, or for shit like… I think it was Marvel vs. Capcom where the DLC was all on disc but they still charged for it.

The worn bow will be the best weapon for the neg crit skill since it has no sharpness which is the problem with the other worn weapons

Power C+2
Focus
Neg Crit
Pellet up

5 arrows (spread 5)
negative crit (52.5%) = 63 damage
normal hit (30.0%) = 86 damage
mad crit (17.5%) = 170 damage
before monster defenses

Oh yeah that damage is PER ARROW btw

They did that with a majority of their ps3/360 games. The one you're parroting is probably SFxT because over 1/4 of the character roster were on-disc DLC.

How is purple sharpness? I have 405 raw dmg with the diablos set plus the 20 when I am in red plus neg crit which can't be gemmed because it negates attack skill. With psycho mantis' set, I might get 370 raw dmg with long purple sharpness. So the question is, how good is purple sharpness?

Raw:
Red: 0.50
Orange: 0.75

Yellow: 1.0
Green: 1.125
Blue: 1.25
White: 1.32
Purple: 1.44

Element:
Red: 0.25
Orange: 0.5
Yellow: 0.75
Green: 1
Blue: 1.0625
White: 1.125
Purple: 1.2

Are there pictures of all the new deviant weapons yet?

No? It was just changed, instead of giving -50% aff it removes element

Valfalk's G-rank armor is kind of weird. It requires HR brach, glavenus, and daora materials for some reason, despite being a g-rank armor and also requiring g-rank shagaru materials. Some parts come so long beforehand, and others aren't available until a bit later on. I wonder if the HR parts were an error.

So now that the servers are back up and everyone's patched to 1.1, anyone up for hunting?

If anyone posts a room I will join.

33-7971-0588-2503
Pass: 3829

I thought I was having fun with brave HBG after skipping Gen but I fucking timed out on the HR2 Guild Garuga last night trying to rush the Mizu gun. I just wanted to be a CUHRAYZEE call of duty man.

I have a cat named tofu who acts like a walnut and a cat named walnut who acts like tofu.

Are healing cats completely useless? or do you have to basically strip them of all abilities so the only thing they can do is heal before they are useful?

Great hunts, thanks again guys

You too bruh.

Mizu gun can't siege pierce 1s so it's shit for brave.
Seltas cannon and daora one are both great.(Seltas only sieges pierce1 on grank tho)

How do you patch the game? I'm not seeing any updates on freeShop about it.

If you downloaded off of FreeShop (haven't tried with the .cia) when you try to boot up the game it should give you a message prompting you to press Y to start the update.

Ah damn I didn't even think of that. Here I was looking for a way to update before actually running the game today when I would have seen it if I just ran the game today.

Video unrelated: Jesus fucking christ I had no idea Lance had turned into this in MHX.

yeah, lance is the highest damage weapon in the game now

I think I'm starting to understand why Hyper monsters have so much HP too, if this is the kind of stuff they're expected to have pulled on them.

Yeah, they seem to be balanced around being fought by 2-3 people. Regular monster hp inflation is still 2real though(13k hp non hyper lagiacrus in G)

Lagiacrus just got shifted from "normal monster tier" to "Gravios tier". Which is to say the only way to hunt him is pierce HBG.

After waiting a week, I finally have time to play MHXX.
Time to start learning bow and lance.

At least you can use water to plow through gravios, while Lagiacrus is only element weak on his back and even then not by much.
Also, Gravios has 8k~ hp, I can't believe that giving 13k to a regular hub lagiacrus wasn't an oversight.

What's up with his roar too? Holy shit it's got to be unique or something because not even Diablos/Monoblos stun you for as long or as far away.

I was reading that the savestate from mhx won't transfer to mhxx with the english patch. Does anyone know why or if it's going to be possible in the future?

Any recommendations, besides sticking to the instructions and not bricking my shit?

Uhn? That's retarded, it works just fine for me.

Is the grimclaw bow the best one for Brave mode now that the teostra was nerfed?

Check in with the CFW thread at

Best bows seem to be either nersc or seregios.

I heard there were a few item ID bugs that could happen resulting in equipment getting swapped with different equipment, but I had zero issue transferring from MHX to MHXX. I don't use English patches though. Why not just go from MHX to MHXX and then English patch later?

The problem had nothing to do with the English patch.
Devs fucked up and had item codes swapped on some items for whatever reason, so a few items, when transferred up, would turn into other items.

It was fixed in update 1.1. Just install XX and the update then transfer your save up.

Only some event stuff gets that issues, and most of them just get changed into mid G rank stuff

Pinecone is back then! What was the bow special effect? +50% damage with close range coating right? Did it give something on rolls?

Im looking mhxxxkiranico
lv1 rapid 4
lv2 rapid 5
lv3 rapid 4 (greyed out)
(lv4 (none)

So Load up unlocks lv3 instead of lv4?
This probably means the bow is trash for adept, is it for aerial instead?

Nah nothing on rolls, just turns Close Coating into Power Coating – meaning you essentially get to take more Power Coatings than with other bows.

Load up is required, yeah. Aerial is total trash as always, the shots are all charge lv 2 so it's a waste of coatings more or less.

aerial in mhxx has 3 attacks instead of 2, it still less efficient, but doesn't look bad

Bow needs the efficiency as it's extremely prone to run out of coatings past G rank

oh, i don't intend using it for serious hunts, for that i will using Brave Grimclaw bow or Adept Worn bow

>barely survive hot monkey dick
Fuck, I need to buy more lube. It won't help.

Hey, playing Monster Hunter 4, I'm rank 6 and don't have the quest unlocked yet, but someone in a lobby just did the rank 7 akantor quest with me and made me really fucking want its bow.
Does anyone think they could be so kind as to go on that quest with me a few times?

I'm a bit drunk but if you post a room I'll give it my all to hook you up if I don't cart constantly.

Post a room. Akantor bow was alright in 4.

Okay, I figured I shouldn't password protect the room so other people can join and help out.
Search for Target *6, the name's Maru.

Alternatively you could password protect it and share the password with people here. It's what most people here do.

Anons weren't kidding when they said there were a shitload of gather quests, does it ever end?

Nope

Sorry I can't find my copy of 4U after all. Plus I'd probably fuck you over in the end.

You don't really need to do them
rgj.com/story/life/2015/12/10/mhx-monster-hunter-x-key-quests-guide-technobubble/77082062/

thanks a bunch for the help, tralf.

I lied, I'm actially ana. I'm just embarased from my scrubbery. Plz don't hate me.

We live again, huzzah.

About to pass out for the night, but should be up for hunting before work in the morning.

What the fuck is NTR selector? i didn't have to do all this for mhx

3 gig cia files are a pain to host on the internet, especially when they get taken down so easily so this is the next best thing.

NTR also allows you to cheat though and lowers the bar of entry for that so you'll see a lot more cheaters.

It's like pottery.

Superior game series on superior platform PC coming through, make way.

i'm not updated on this stuff. I usually start looking around when i can't play games anymore.
Is there a specific version of NTR that i need or i can download whatever version?

Get rid of NTR and go full al9h already.

you need NTR for the translation. the translation should have a link to the type of NTR you need though.

I fought the G4 urgent while we were down. I'll spoiler this in case anyone hasn't, because that fight is way too fun to spoil.

Holy shit, that was great. Finally, after all this time, they've done the "huge monster" thing right. It's actually fun, not a massively time-consuming slog, and fighting it a few more times for it's gear isn't painful. The big mecha seems to be more of an intimidation tactic than an actual weapon; it's shocking, and that's the greatest weapon it has. The only weapon it has, really. It can stomp and smash and all of that, but that's not a big deal. I'm thinking that might intentionally be the point of it; a big, scary show of force that's really just a protective shell. It's a bit like Daimyo, Shogun, etc, wearing the skulls of bigger, stronger monsters because it's more intimidating than just a shell.
As for the bug itself, it's far more of a threat than its machine is. The start is not too bad, but when the second bug phase starts and it digs out that dragonator spear, it gets intense. The damage on that thing as it whips it around, fuck, it's crazy. And then the final phase starts, and it goes completely over the top. Threads everywhere blocking your path, it's flinging around ancient dragonator parts in every direction, and pieces of the destroyed mecha are scattered everywhere. And they're being tossed around, too. Things are constantly flying everywhere, shitters are getting carted left and right, everyone's on edge trying not to die. So much fun! It seems like the new thing is going to be the final g-rank urgents going batshit insane in a last stand and turning into a race to do as much damage as possible as fast as you can before it triple carts your group in an instant. Gog was similar, but this guy is way more fun than Gog was.

Now the real question is, what the hell was that thing? It seems like the legs at least were the remnants of some ancient machine, but the "body" and head don't seem to match it. I'm thinking someone or something took parts of the mecha, and tried to "repair" it with whatever they could find to make most of that machine. But what was the original for? Could the bug have done all of that?

I still don't understand what the difference is between NTR CFW and BootNTR, or why I need BootNTR if I have Luma and al9h.

From where do you hail, stranger? You should go back.

From your mum's house m7, I ain't going back cause she stank

You're not on Burchchan anymore bub. Post IDs are a thing.

This guy's way too fun to have spoiled. Going into a new hunt blind is the most fun way to play, for me, so I don't want to ruin that for anyone else. Please don't make me go back to Holla Forums, it's awful there.

Same deal as before. I'll be here for the next several hours. If anyone posts a room I can join and help with whatever. Preferably in XX or 4U.

Awful lotta projection there buddy.
Also

Basically those two are the same, but bootNTR allows you to select which version of NTR you want to boot into which I think the best or most compatable version is 3.4? Anyways, NTR is only used because as a CFW it allows for plugins and patches to be applied to games live rather than having to patch a CIA or something.

I'm not too big of a fan and wish they'd just release a cia patch that patches the main game install but whatever, this is how the fags on gbatemp want to do things, and if it allows people to easily cheat by throwing a small file in their plugins directory and pressing select, then so be it.

A patched cia would mean needing to delete your old cia and installing a newly patched one with every new version of the thing, though, NTR is still terrible though.

>superior
shiggy

If you are so much into eating shit I'd recommend you going for god eater and freedom wars, and staying out of these threads, so your shitty taste wouldn't be pointed out and laughed at.

Yeah, I figured that out immediately after getting it but it was still better than the petrified cannon that I'd been barely getting by with even after upgrading it a few times. I used it to kill LR guild Kushala once and got everything I needed to make his. Now I'm tearing through village monsters in around 3 minutes with that ridiculous pierce 1 siege. I know it's just LR but it's still fucking ridiculous how much damage you can shit out this early with a technically LR weapon.

It becomes a real issue later on though, you'll need a shitton of combines and latchberries are multiply only(I hope you've got a shitton of lagniapples saved up).
This is why I much prefer the Seltas Bravecannon for general in G rank, as it can siege normal 2 as well(which doesn't do as much damage but the combine mats are all buyable). Still, for Low-High rank you can probably get on Kushala pretty fucking well, ammo only starts being an issue later on.
If you've got some spare time, farm the Silverwind Nargacuga armor(takes a shitton of time I'll tell you right now), it goes really, really fucking nicely with HBG(Evade Extender, Crit Boost, CritEye+2(or 3, I'm unsure) and Eva+2, I think)

I defy you to tell me one thing Toukiden 2 doesn't do better than Monster Hunter.

Performance.
As of T:K, it was incredibly boring to fight a monster that has little to no feedback on you hitting it. Well defined I-frame dodging based gameplay is more gratifying than positioning based. External abilities over pure solid gameplay never works, even SS:D, regardless of how good it is, is still worse than MH, because of how big of a mess it is.

Does the bow's level 1 and 2 charge have any use at all or should I just focus on level 3/4 charges?

Nope, they're way too weak(Level 1 has 0.4 raw multiplier, 2 has 1. For comparison 3 has 1.5 and 4 has 1.7), they used to be good if you first or second level was spread and you were using a status bow, but they added status modifiers to charged shots(0.5-1-1.3-1.3 for 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively) so not even that.

only for aerial shots, and its still the worst bow style

Are you using NTR or NTR selector? I'm on selector and it keeps my choice for button config.

I'm grinding through village right now. I've got a full Grimclaw GS set going, so it's pretty easy, so if anyone wants to hunt, I could come on and not get my arse kicked completely.

I've got time for a few hunts, care to post a room?

Is the english translation in the OP still current?

I think it's still in development, but the patch downloader will always download the latest version. So, yes, it's the most recent and should stay that way. All you need to do is rerun the updater program on your 3ds if any updates are released.

Not him but I'm using NTR selector + Mode3 and the hotkeys reset to X+Y every time I boot it.

I'm also having an issue where freeshop doesn't work for some reason and I can't find a direct download link for the game itself. You wouldn't have one on hand, would you?

Try taking a hard, long look at the OP.

QR code doesn't work for whatever reason. The freeshop site is down or something.

That QR code isn't for freeshop. Scan it with FBI.

God damn Eltalite shit I hate it but I have no other options right now.

I know but it still leads to a download site which also seems to be down.

The "download site" used by both FBI and Freeshop are the official nintendo eshop servers. If they're not working, Japan's eshop might be down for some reason.

I wish I had known how fun dual blades were years ago, or how far level 3 jaggi armor carried you.

Farming dragqueen rathian G1-G5, ID is 20-4483-5078-2765

What's the password though?

Thanks

Thanks for the hunt guys, I'll try and work on raising my HR when I have free time so I can contribute to higher level hunts.

Sorry weeb bro

Nothing to apologize for, my own fault for playing too many games at once and not advancing MonHun as much as I ought.

if potentially frying your motherboard and CPU for a vita game is your idea of a "good port" then have fun kiddo.

Maybe you should get over your case of being a faggot and get MHXX then.

Latchberries are no joke, yeah. I figured people were exaggerating about how bad it was and tried to stock up with just the 1 cart. I amassed maybe 200 before blowing through all of them in a few multi-monster hunts in the hunter's hub. I decided to just save edit a ridiculous amount of them in the other day though because I think even at best you'd be able to break even assuming you used all 60 every hunt and had all 3 carts producing them constantly. They just don't give you enough of the damn things to have any kind of surplus and I'd rather be using the carts on at least half a dozen other things. I promised myself that's the only thing I'd ever gen in though, maybe eventually a legit god charm too if I still don't have a decent one by endgame.

Why would he want to play a worse game?

What the fuck was that?

Actually I meant area 7, the first cold cave. I got the numbers mixed up because they're right beside each other on the map.

You deserve every bit of suffering.

thanks fam, y-you too…

But that's cheating! Don't you think spending 200 hours on volcano mining runs is fun? You just need to git gud at mining.

MHXX Divinesight Mizutsune room.

36-8894-8603-5561

If anyone wants to help bully a gay blind bubbly trap, come on in.

We beat G5! Room's closed

That's a funny joke.

I guess that means it's time to start making G Rank gear which means hours poring over the Dex only to end up just making the same Leus set as always because Attack boosting

Just make whatever for early G rank, in HR12 you'll get atrulka which is pretty much the best armor you can get

Athena's ASS MHXX when?

Fair enough, guess it's time to hunt some dragons for now then

The monsters seem to be very jumpy. I am fighting a Rathalos and it has flown away 4 times and it isn't limping at all.

Feed it talismans you want to use and pick your armor skills. Google translate if you aren't sure what the armor pieces are. Easy as pie.

Has there been any word yet on an official NA release?

None whatsoever.

Gen wasn't announced until almost a year after X was released, and 4U wasn't announced until a few months after 4G was released. If there's going to be an official localization I wouldn't expect any information about it for at least a few more months.

If you like huge attack boosts, you'll love Valfalk's set.

According to Wikipedia, the foreign versions of Cross came out mid-July 2016, which would put it about 8 months after the game came out on November 28 2015. Doesn't say when a foreign release was initially announced though.

Can't wait to get to him in G Rank and see if he has any new attacks.

It's Friday night someone play MHXX with me.

ID: 02-9850-1469-9031
Pass: 7243

o-oh, okay…

Gee /mhg/, how come capcom lets you have TWO ROOMS?

ID: 58-5060-5695-3747
Pass: 8888

How do you unlock this guy?
Please don't tell me I need to do something retarded like grind every deviant to G-rank.

You need to do something retarded like grind all the old deviants to lv. 10.

How the fuck do I work this english patch? Do I need some extra program to actually install it?

You need to host and kill all the new deviants. It doesn't work if you don't host because fuck you.

You need either ntr selector or bootntr for it to werk.

I've finally unlocked it. You need to have completed the G1 version of all 5 of the other new deviants. Killing them doesn't count, other people's don't count, only your own G1 cap quests. Luckily it's only the 5 new ones, so it's not entirely awful.

Room: 61-1002-1834-8547

Round Robin picks, unless anyone would rather Bloodlust, in which case we can hunt that.

If the room isn't full I can be there in about 10 minutes.

Welp, time to make G Rank Swordsman armor, since soloing him as a Gunner is probably not happening.

Try using the zamtrios/ukanlos ice element gun, it can rapid fire both ice pierce 1 and 2 and tore apart valfalk when I used it

The problem at the moment is not dying rather than my own damage output, but I'll look into those for later.

Just use brave :^)

Does the Brave charge really boost the damage that much? I feel like the time spent doing it just ends up getting wasted because even if I don't end up getting hit while doing it, I might squeeze off one volley before it wears off.

The thing about brave isn't the charge, it's how fast you recover from a brave guard, it's about 1/3-1/4 of the time it takes for a adept roll > reload

adept roll? And fair enough, I may need to try Braving then.

You know, the longass dodging animation that plays after you roll into an attack with bushido/adept

Oh, the Bushido dodge thing? Didn't know that's what it was called. Yeah, that thing half the time ends up getting me hit by another attack after dodging out of one anyway.

What is a must have skill for my cats?

The one that teleports them back to the base camp so you can finish your gathering missions faster.

fugg

If you've never used a weapon before, try it out in Guild first. From there, you should try branching out to Brave, and possibly Bushido or Aerial.

I don't really use Hunting Skills all that much, so I've never used it. If those are a big thing for you, then Striker and Renkin will have more value for sure. Either way, I was giving more general advice for getting to know his weapon, regardless of which weapon it is.

what does the new long sword art does? i looks like it burns health to gain life steal, but how does it work exactly, i would like to know the numbers if anyone have them

From what I've heard the life burning one gives a 1.1 damage multiplier.

and how much does it heal per attack?

No idea. Doesn't it only heal red health anyways?

also would anyone be up for playing a bit in 15-30 mins?

Does XX carry saves from X? Do we get anything more than the usual bonuses?

I stick with Guild because I'm a basic bitch who spent thousands of hours perfecting my I Frames, and I'm not about to give that up for some easy-mode super Dodge.

Yeah, no.

Is there an ASS for XX yet?

Kind of.

The heal isn't a big deal, you aren't going to be using it to heal anything but the DoT it gives you. The main draw is the 1.1x attack modifier. The DoT seems to take as much health off you as a level 1 poison or fireblight, leaving you with red left over, and attacking restores the red part only. You can heal a lot of damage, if you do end up with a large amount of red somehow. It heals enough that, if you get aggressive enough, you can laugh off a dreadqueen's level 4 poison. I've used it with a Valfalk set for some fun; get the red part of your HP down to

Going to be playing MHXX for a while, if anyone wants to join.
Room: 55-0915-5944-9814

Let's do some stuff maybe

I'm in.

someone join pls

I would but I'm only HR7 since I skipped Gen and have been taking my time with the old content.

It's basically the same carryover you had from 2nd to 2G and 4 to 4G.

Whoops.

That was posted 3~ hours ago actually, I could up a new one

That was 3 AM for me

Go for it, I'm up to do just about anything that an HR 11 can participate in.

42-2753-7705-0479
pass is 8888

I'm freshly G rank in 4U and naturally I need some new armor. Does anyone want to help me grind Daimyo Hermitaur?
Search for Target Daimyo Hermitaur in elder hall and you'll see my name, Maru.

Sorry weeb bro, I'll take a bit more.

No problem

Ah, Cocoa, if you're still around, I'm back to hunt now, was out taking out the trash.

I'm jumping out for the moment to get breakfast/lunch, if no one else does I'll post a new room when I get back.

49-3749-5802-1242
Pass: 6201

Up for hunting anything, can take turns posting quests.

I got a comm error so I figure that's a good place to stop. Good huntan.

I mean, part of why I like him is because he's still a challenge for me, but I swear I'm not usually THAT bad.

Guessing you're out for the night Tralf, though leaving the room up a bit just in case it was a momentary disconnect. Either way, thanks for the hunts.

Well there we are then. Thanks again.

Shit, that makes be wonder if anyone else I remember still is. Wasn't there a steam or discord group or something a while back?

Shit, I was gonna join in the morning but thought "nah that was posted so early, probably down for now".
When will you be free again, weebman?

I'm around right now, just in the middle of trying to take out Balfalk for my move up to HR 12 I'll probably die soon I'd be up to hunt afterward though.

I just gotta shower and I'll be up for 1-2 hunts before leaving, can you post a room up in ~10 mins or so?

Sure

46-0463-5855-4974
PW: 6201

Up for whatever an HR 12 or under can hunt

If you're still in the thread and need the help, I can hop on. I've been wanting to go back to 4u for a bit anyway.

Thanks again, sorry for being so terrible. I'll get the hang of this multi-hit shot type yet.

I was the worse than you tbh, too early to get into the zone and I'm really rusty with GS. No need to pop so many lifepowders next time bruh…

If it's the 50 HP group healing item, don't worry, I've got several hundred of them stockpiled from farming them back in X. Admittedly I might be being overly cautious, but if allies who are low on health aren't in my field of vision, I tend to drop one just in case

I'm finally back home, jesus those were some longass 3 hours.
Room: 70-1969-5979-6026

well it's been 20 mins, if anyone wants me to reup it just say so.

reup it

There was a discord group at one point but it died because of drama. I think there was a steam group that died because of inactivity, I don't know though, I never used that. /mhg/ is usually slow enough not to need something like that.

60-5289-8842-5297

pass is 8888

what the fuck

Monster stomach acids are a bitch

ok another one
45-2947-3944-3833
pass is 8888

Could anyone provide a brief comparison of MH4U (as I understand MH4 is a waste of time compared to it), MHGen and MHXX? I'm interested in how much content and how "casualized" each one is. Last MH games I touched were P3rd and MHFU, if that's any help.

I'm planning on making a long post in a few days about XX, and how it compares to 3U and 4U, won't be brief though.

About to depart on a hunt, but I can immediately tell you that 4G/4U is 4 but with added content, and XX is X/Gen but with added content.

I'd really appreciate that. I only said brief since I didn't want someone to spend lots of time on it, but if you're willing and able, it's all the better.

That's good then, narrows my choices down well enough. Thanks user.

Sorry about the bombs, not used to Doberbelk going down so quickly.

Thanks again for the hunts gang

You need to finish two more tiers of quests I believe.

what the fugg, where's the art

A lot of arts require you to talk to an NPC to receive them. Try talking to the guy at the far left in Bherna, who tells you about arts and styles. If not him, talk to any NPCs around the towns with yellow speech bubbles over them.

Anyone for 4u?

My internet is acting up atm but I can try.

Pass is 1234

Good hunting. I was WAY more Rusty than I remembered, damn. At least I have my basic LS combos down. You were on point though.

if anyone's online and willing to play mh4, i'm needing to hunt a rajang for its horns. search for target rajang, name's maru again. again, go for the horns!

are felynes still a playable character in XX or were they removed since they were so poorly received in generations

thanks for offering. luckily some guys did help, don't know if they were from this thread or not though. some much worse than me lol. i've learned to not let hunter rank alter my expectations of people. still always kinda weird when someone rank 999 with end game gear gets carted three times.

They're still there and they even got styles of their own now. Everything but boomerang spam for Nyanta is still trash though, and there's no reason to ever bring any Palicos along but stealing types for the extra mats – there never has been and there never will be.

Anything in X is still in XX just like how anything in 4 was still in 4G. It's literally the same game just with more content added on top.

Anyone up for some XX in a bit?

Sure, just let me shower and eat something, just got back from work.

Wrong.
Support and fighting to boost their lvl. Gathering to collect trash at the beginning of the game. Healing to be lazy about healing, again, at the beginning of the game. Charisma to get buffed when your a palico. Guard to have a distraction.

ok but why'd I want any of that if I can have extra mats from monsters?

Ready when you are user

Alright, an appointment just came up so I won't be able to play as much as I wanted to, but I should be safe for an hour or two.
48-7006-4873-6738
pass is 8888

Because extra mats from palicoes never change anything at the end of the day, but taking it easier on hunts - does. If you really need something, you farm with a m.luck g.carve set or something.

Each stealing palico nets me on average 2 extra carves, and I can always eat for ultra lucky cade, so why bother with that?

Fuck I need new armor

How fun is brave gunner (all weapons) in MHXX?

Brave bow is worse than adept.
Brave LBG is good but you don't care about brave mode much, the guard is the nice thing.
Brave HBG is a beast.

you have 460def and gunner armor maxes out at 500~ unless you have a BM helmet

Well shit, guess that just means I need to stop being fucking terrible and getting hit by everything

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you mean using brave reload to defend?

Brave guard, you know, pressing Y with your weapon out.
You can't defend in the middle of a brave reload.

oh i see

you deserve it

and also glaive users

My Internet just exploded, sorry. Will try reconnecting.

No problem.

I need to either git gud at dodging or go back to Swordsman armor

Try brave bruh, trust me. It's the only way to survive later on when deviants will ohko you with trip damage.

Thanks again for the hunts, sorry for being so godawful tonight.

I plan to, I just need to practice with it to get into the habit of sheathing instead of rolling.

You weren't so bad, I feel like adept and your kinda shitty bowgun are fucking you up more than anything.
try getting the deviant narga, g. maccao or barroth one for pierce. Deviant narga can also load para, which should give you 1 proc per fight which is nice, G. Maccao can load both para and triblast, which should net you 1 para and 1 stun per fight. The barroth one is the worst one of the bunch overall, but it has high raw and can rapid fire both pierce 1 and triblast, never tried it myself but it seemed good on paper.
If you're gonna make use of more than one shot you should use full house, else, absolute readyness.
Also, get load up, that shit is really good for LBG, and you can get +10 in a single armor slot(barrage earrings) or +8 with a slot(silver rathalos helm XR I think)

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, deviant narga can also load cutting 1 and 2, the delayed hit makes them great for staggering a monster mid attack or flight, and they're pretty good at cutting tails this time around(wouldn't reccomend focusing on the tail solo as the monster will always be facing you and trying to cut it will kill your dps though)

Adept being that super dodge Bushido does? It definitely hurts as much as it helps, though again, I need to spend time getting used to using Brave with guns. As for the gun itself, it's actually one of the highest damage guns that rapids piercing shots, and it can load all three of the status ailment shot types, plus depending on the armor/skill set up I go for it has 3 slots for additional points. Of the higher damaging guns, the one that uses Rioleus Rare parts has a 10% penalty to criticals, and the Bolboros gun has the slowest reload speed I've ever seen. The one using Ancestral Miraboreas parts looks rather good, but I'm going to need to get back into shape a lot more before taking him on. Belioros' gun looks good if I need Ice element, but otherwise just weaker. Shiroshippu Narugakuruga's gun looks good, but that's going to take me a while to build.

I don't find myself switching bullets that often, but if I change guns that will likely change. As is, having the "get out of jail free" card has been very helpful, when I remember to use it and/or don't mess up the button combination.

Yeah.
Oh, I didn't know that gun could load it all, my bad.
For pierce the best one is the silverwind narga one because it comes with 40% accuracy, and is a beast when coupled with weakness exploit and crit boost.
The ancestral miraboleas gun is actually quite bad, elemental relies on internal shots a lot because of true shot up(20% damage/elem boost to those), but it might be decent enough, I guess.
Belioros gun isn't that good for ice, I'd go with the Zaboazagiru gun instead, it rapid fires both ice pierce 1 and ice pierce 2, and most ice weak monsters have large areas(usually their backs) where they are weak to ice.
Overall, the best guns for each element are:
Water:Deviant Tamamisutzune. Rapid fires pierce water s1, gets water pierce s2, water 2 and demon affinity S as internals.
Thunder: Deviant Raizekusu. Rapid fires both pierce thunder s1 and para 1, notable internals include thunder 2 and slicing 1.
Ice: Zaboazagiru, no question about that. Only elemental gun in the game that rapid fires both the level 1 and 2 of the element, and it has access to freeze 2 to boot.
Fire: There's no good fire LBG, not the Rioleus, Rioleus Rare, Deviant Rioleus, no they all fucking suck, because basically nothing noteworthy is weak to fire in XX(Mostly G1-G2 tier monsters), and on the really weak to fire monsters, raw is better by a longshot due to their elongated weak points making them take tons of damage from pierce(Zaboazagiru, Goa Magara, Doboruberuku, etc).

Dat'z sum flash dakka roight dere, dat iz.

FUG
affinity

POST A ROOM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How much of this happened with guys and gals from here? :^)

only once
but i expect more since i see people posting fucking pokemon fanart and well owning a 3ds is usually a sin in and of itself. literally the only game on the 3ds i own is monster hunter and i doubt the same can be said for many of you homos.

MHXX Room
64-1582-3615-2845

Round Robin picks.

>not ironically picking a trash game as your favorite so your normalfag friends don't bully you for liking obscure japanese grindfests but actually having that excuse be a ruse to justify unironically enjoying trash games because you don't actually have friends to judge you and even if you did you wouldn't want them to know you own a nintendo handheld console and play children's games

One drop rule, sorry, you're a pleb.

Ha ha you're a faggot

I don't understand the Lao quest at all but I still completed it first real solo attempt so I guess I'm glad I'll never have to do that again. Are you meant to meet a certain threshold of damage before he destroys the first wall and that causes him to proceed to the next area instead? The second wall was on 10% health then time ran out maybe 30 seconds before he would have destroyed it and he was "repelled". I was absolutely certain I'd failed because I only hit him with the demolisher once and completely missed with the dragonator but it gave me the win anyway. I guess I flinched him just enough to stall out the timer and met the "repel" threshold at some point as well? That seems like such horrid design compared to any of the other big gimmick fights so I feel like I'm missing something.

Yeah it's that bad. The next 2 urgents make up for it.

Lao is a DPS race. Just do a lot of damage to it in a short enough time and you win. ("Short" here is relative, it's still a huge timesink) Do more damage in a shorter amount and you kill it and win even more.

Sorry about that godawful performance at the end. I'll try to not be such a shitter next time. Thanks again for the hunts.

It's the first time they tried doing a "big gimmick" fight so it's not quite as refined or interesting as the later attempts.

New thread

we're still on page 10

I'm extra careful though ;_;

When should we post a new thread from now on then? I've just been doing it as soon as I notice we're in the double digits for page count.