Hypothetical question, brehs

Hypothetical question, brehs.

Say I had to make due with a flatscreen tv with some very offensive input lag, but make due with it for half a year playing twitch skill heavy games like shmups or Stylish Action games or what have you.

Now, lets say I hermit crab back to a CRT to play those same games. Will I perform better or worse after the switch?

You're using a catch 22. People don't use big screen flat panels to play games unless they're console niggers. 19~27 is where it's at. Stop trying to bait us in to saying CRT is better you collectorfag.

How did you put your controller into the TV?

you'll perform better. Maybe get something like a 14", nothing too big if you're using it as a secondary or something.

why do CRT threads attract so many goons like this?

I WISH THERE WAS A CRT/OLED FUSION SO EVERYONE COULD SHUT THE /FUCK/ UP

because you CRT fuckers keep making them and you're cancer. we talk about games not the machines.

ok goon, now we can no longer have PC controller threads, keyboard threads, mice threads, headphone threads, nothing.

why don't you just kill yourself, goon?

one of the best benefits of CRT is not having a fixed resolution, and also not dying in 3 years.

Wow! I didn't know CRT's were in 4K! That's awesome!

We'd have [email protected]/* */ in 2009 if LCD didn't kill all progress, as it is, I'm pretty happy with [email protected]/* */

Show it to me I wanna see. Also, what's the product name?

For old games, CRT will always be better. Stay mad fags.

Even at 2560x1920? * 85hz?

gdm f2900, viewsonic p225f, iiyama vision master pro

oc it fag

Never personally had a monitor that went that high. I only have a CRT tv and a 1280x1024 CRT Monitor for my old PC and old consoles.

the quality of your screen doesn't mean dick, all that matters is that you can unwind and enjoy yourself.

these lower end 31khz monitors were still pretty decent and could get to [email protected]/* */ no problem.

Sure at the end of the day it truly doesnt. But thats like saying RF output is all you need and fuck S-Video who needs that anyways! Bullshit.

well I use rgbs thru bnc, I sure as fuck don't need bnc

svideo
whatever im going to shower i'm leaving for work in a few

Yeah thats what i mean. God damnit. I was just using S-Video as an example.

I'm using a 1360x768 that 40" flatscreen with a hdmi. Am I supposed to be lagging? To be honest when I putting together my rig I found tvs are cheaper and I have no fucking idea why. Educate me Holla Forums.

Everything performs worse after The Switch.

please don't use this. LCDs have a longer response time (in the milisecond range compared to CRTs which are in the nanosecond range) and TVs are not designed to have a low response time to new frame data sent to them.

call me stupid, but all my games can find this resolution fine and i can't detect any delay.

sorry breh

I bought a widescreen monitor from LG. That shit doesn't even have speakers embedded.

(checked)
you use integrated speakers? What did the music do to you for such a cruel fate?

Depends. With CTR there will be a limit to how great the picture quality can be relative to the flatscreen technology available today but if you can put up with that then it should improve your gameplay but probably not experience because vidya is ultimately a visual medium. You can probably try to make it up with some awesome audio. Do you have good headphones or stereos/subwoofer?

tbh a high end late run crt still looks better than pretty much every lcd display on the market except something like film studio equipment like a trimaster or HEM monitor.

Worse. Your hands and brain are wired to terrible flatscreen timings now. You´ll have to get used to CRT instant timings all over again from scratch.

there may be some truth to this as I observed a friend playing smash with another friend on my pro monitor, his timings were all fucked up because he usually plays smash on his laptop thru dolphin.