FROM SOFTWARE E3 SPECULATION

What do you think they're gonna announce at E3 guys? Bloobdorne 2? Demon's Souls 2? Demon's Souls remastered with the final archstone completed?

The rumored Sci Fi souls like? Do you think they're gonna skip out on a souls like game entirely?

The AAA souls like game market is still relatively dry. Only 5 souls games from From Software themselves and only 3 non from software AAA souls like games currently out 2 of which have very mixed reception.

Didn't teased "new game in existing franchise" that everyone expected to be Armored Core or Tenchu turn out to be Ace Combat?

Whatever it is it better be a Sony exclusive.

They seem pretty set on the souls esque gameplay tho. Resident Evil 7 convinced a lot of Jap devs first person is a viable perspective again so it it could also be a Kings Field reboot/sequel with souls style gameplay in a first person setting.

get fucked

I'd wager there'll be a Switch-exclusive Souls game with Nintendo fronting most of the development budget. It's likely Nintendo will lend a franchise to From, most likely one that hasn't been touched in years, like Murasama's Castle. Zelda and Fire Emblem would be too obvious, and with BOTW out recently, and Fire Emblem Warriors in production, might flood the market.
What I'd really like to see is a return to the classic Front Mission SRPG.

my little nentendrone cant be this delusional

come on my man you really wrote that post or did you copy it straight from neogaf?

stop being so selfish

cmon man

Fuck that would be nice. #MakeCardBattlingGamesGreatAgain. I regret trading my copies of the two GCN games so much.

they can't make another demon's souls because they don't own the rights, that's why dark souls even exists

Sony is a big company. There's always a chance they can get an Atlus behind the scene partnership again for a sequel/remaster. Crazier things have happened.

I honestly don't care, I'm done with souls games for at least a decade. I'm tired of them, they aren't fun anymore. The novelty wore off a long time ago and I find myself playing them just for the heck of it.
Ringed City and the ariandel were shameless, soulless cashgrabs.

Id say im tired of them in general but bloodborne was fantastic

I just think they need to focus on making a good game and not a souls game

They said they were done with it, stop being retarded.

They said they were done with the Dark Souls franchise specifically and Dark Souls 4 wouldn't be made and then backtracked twice and then said "if someone on our team really wants to make it we'll do it"

The main issue I have right now is that they keep pandering the casual Redditfags by making their games easier and easier. "Accessable" is the word they like to use but it's just making things a lot less interesting in the end.

Didn't they say that they were done with the Souls series?

See

Not tired of Bloodborne. I used to think Dark Souls was the better game but after DS3… BB has better gameplay, better lore, setting, weapons, designs. Dark Souls only has better multiplayer. I hope we get another Bloodborne. The hunt must go on

This. I want a game where 50% of the people who buy it can't even get past the first boss. Like, put Ludwig the Rape Horse at the start of the game and whoever can't beat him can kiss Miyazaki's ass.

Just make a berserk game fromsoft. The whole sum of dark souls is a giant berserk resume. Playing the souls game aa a berserk fan is the equivalent of edgeing.

I think you would end up suffering from Alien(s) Syndrome. By this I mean Aliens games have largely been uninteresting because all of the Sci-Fi tropes invented or popularized in the films have been re-created multiple times across a variety of games – you've seen it all before.

Thus, a FromSoftware Berserk game would just be… a Souls game, minus the creativity layer on top of the inspiration it drew from.

Completely true, plus I don't think FROM should waste money on licensing someone else's IP when they already have an inspired and creative team in house.

Well, I'm not really talking about something like boss difficulty preventing advancement in the game, I'm talking more like making certain game mechanics difficult to manage for all but the most dedicated players.

Perfect example is the Crystal Geckos. In Demon's Souls, they have a limited number of spawns that are only refreshed by killing bosses and if they burrow away or jump off a cliff after every spawn, you are fucked and will never get those upgrade materials. Deal with it, nerd.

In Dark Souls they will always respawn until you have killed them once, then they never respawn. The items they give you are teleported into your inventory, no need to worry about them ragdolling off a cliff.

That's not going to happen for at least 5 years, the industry will hopefully have entirely new ground to cover by then.

I can guess another Armored Core since they've paid little attention to the series since DeS, Bloodborne II sounds about the last thing to happen before Dark Souls IV.

That's a good point. Give me some complexity.

I've never played Armored Core. Is there a simple way to explain what those games are like? I've watched some gameplay videos but couldn't make sense of what was happening.

Idealy i would want some high budget shit. Like we would have metal gear levels of cutscenes.

Hopefully they'll make a Tenchu Souls game as an answer to Nioh. I could stand some more Sengoku era ninja shit in my life.

Armored core is a really generic mediocre mech game. Sure they could theoertically use all their soul bux to make a really good sequel but seems like a waste of time and resources since they'd have to make a masterpiece in order to get some decent sales because I doubt many gamers would be interested in a sequel cept diehard armored core fans.

It definitely wont attract the soul audience either.

Fuck you niggers I want Chromehounds 2

Damn I kind of got that vibe from watching those videos combined with the fact that nobody I know has wanted to play them. But FROM is a famous company now with more resources and better talent than when the Armored Core series originally came out, so maybe it would work.

It's hard to judge the Armored Core games on a whole. The series changes a lot.
The original games are really fucking hard, mostly because of the controls.
The post-Nexus games are a lot easier.
The AC5/VD games are much more "modern" and multiplayer focused.

There are a lot of words you could use to describe the AC series, but "generic" isn't really one of them. I can't think of many games like AC that weren't also made by FromSoft.

Ace Combat with Dark Souls gameplay

You retards know From have made games outside of the Kings Field/Soulsborne genre, right?

Yeah and they're shit :^)

Nigga what?

Just like Soulsborne, then.

Wow what a oregano edgy Holla Forumsipster thing to say friend. You sure got me with that contrarian meme.

Are you alright, user?

Doing pretty good my dude

www.google.com/#q=1470940940517.png
lol

Haven't they already said their next game isn't gonna be a Souls game?
We're probably gonna see Armored Core announced at E3, and then a teaser for whatever new IP they're apparently working on

ITT:

yeah because DaS 2 and 3 worked out so great

Literal titty streamers and DSP beat all the games from DeS to BB to DaS3, stfu about muh difficulty meme retards.

95% of the time multiplatform games are bad because they have to make it work with the shitty console hardware, shut your trap

They said it isn't gonna be a Dark Souls game specifically not isn't gonna be souls like.

Oh, so he's just a halfchan shitposter?
Shoulda known.

Look at the images. They're all different. Its just a random file name RNG. Cept the first one which is probably where I got the image to make the edit from and never changed its name.

What kind of autism do you have to have to believe everyone who posts with the same filename is the same person?

Mate that's not how the file names work, they count every millisecond from 1/1/1970

"1470940940517" is not a random filename you cuckchan faggot, neither is the one here
Please lurk moar before posting

Your mom isn't RNG lmao

Ya but seeing the "leaked" teaser pop out after finishing the abortion that is Dark Souls 2 was a kick to the balls.

I'd take a good fucking Tenchu game at this point, preferably with the large character roster multiplayer fighting Wrath of Heaven had.

Also
Christ alive, Holla Forums, I thought you fuckers had some decent taste.

As far as I know, From don't own the rights to MWC.

Oh shit, that was probably my bad there. I figured developed and published meant that they had the rights, but noticing that Microsoft also aiding in publishing means the chances of ever seeing that are way lower.

Thinking on the topic of that, didn't From lose the rights to Tenchu as well?

Wish it were a third of pic related but that will never happen. Will probably be some other fucking Souls game again, because the formula has definitely not gotten stale, at all.

They just need to be free of Bamco influence.

Ty Franck (the writer of Expanse) is apparently writing something for From Software, so I'm guessing whatever it is it's sci fi.

It's probably whatever Myazaki's multiplatform robot space ninja thing that gets mentioned from time to time is, or the next Armored Core.
inb4 From make a better Warframe

Damn that hurts

Beyond the community which still bothers the shit out of me for being hands down one of the best I've ever had to deal with even if it was to take my space shekels easier and not being a disgusting fucking grind, that wouldn't take too much.

Sci-Fi Souls would be good. Likely not a Souls type game though. They're tired of them. Perhaps the central theme/gimmick would be the transformations from Old Hunters.

Demon's Souls remastered would be nice. 60FPS and a finished sixth Archstone.

Metal Wolf Chaos 2: The Wall would be the GOTYAY.

Excellent taste

Someone already made a sci-fi souls recently, called the surge. Don't know if it's decent or shit though. Probably shit, but I can't say. I just don't think From is doing any souls-ish game, as they're likely tired of it, and the series needs a lengthy break.

Didn't he spend months saying "no more souls games for now"

The Surge is made by the same people who made Lords of the Fallen. They said they've fixed a lot of issues from that game such as the game feeling slow, short, etc

The only things they didn't fix as far as I can tell is no multiplayer COOP or otherwise and no character customization. Seems decent honestly. Lords of the Fallen was a short overpriced 6/10 game with no replay value that got boring after you beat it.

If From Software makes a scifi souls like I hope its extremely far future. Like pic related.

Dark Souls only. Not bloodborne or souls likes.

I was hoping for another King's Field, Eternal Ring, or Shadow Tower. The equipment selection in Shadow Tower Abyss is absurd. Also, I want more music with harpsichord in it.

I remember it being more general, with him saying no more games in that general style.