Dark Soul / Bloodborne Topic - DLC Discussion

How are you anons enjoying the new DLC?

Do you have a new

Feel free to discuss any thoughts you've had on the this DLC, or anything related to the series at all. Bloodborne and Demon's Souls players are welcomed.

Previous bread: archive.is/6e75O

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/pHTNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How's the DLC in a general sense? I'm rushing through the game on a fresh character to try to access it.

Really fun. Haven't played Bloodborne, but I'd wager it's on par with the Old Hunters.

I've been trying to avoid much about it, but I've heard it compared to AoTA and Old Hunters. It's a shame armor and pvp are still fucked though.

DS3 pvp is the best in the series

lol

When you're in fightclubs doing 1v1 or when there's multiple invaders running around, I really enjoy it. When it's 3v1, the pvp is fucking awful. I've been on both sides of the latter, and it feels bad enough to where I don't jump in if the host or one/both phantoms jump in as well.

The fight would have been a lot better if they cut out the second stage and just combined them or something and gave a second boss instead of the bullshit fight that grants access to the arena.

Leave the fight club sometime you baby.

I've been replaying it this week to decide if I want to pick up TRC, but the same thing's happening as when AoA came out, I'm burned out and just don't want more of the game.

I feel like I've barely played this one at all but looking at all of the save files together I have 100hr now. Not that that's much compared to how much I've played the other games but still, it felt like I'd only put in 30-40 or something

SLAVE KNIGHT GAEL CAN FUCK OFF

I have the other version of that.

I left a character at level 120 ready to go for when this DLC released. That way I wouldn't have to replay to get a base ng character for it.

he'll fuck off
right after he's done fucking you

Is the greatlance buff enough to make it work in any meaningful PvP capacity? Can I finally live out my fantasy of donning Winged Knight set and a Greatlance and invading (or ideally being summoned as a sentinel) as a Winged Hussar?

To be fair, if the host isn't purposefully hanging around an area and ganking, you as an invader are actively trying to fuck over someone else's playthrough, and other players kill people better than any boss ever could.

I main Mound Makers, and if it wasn't for the fact that everyone assumes you're going to fight, even if you use the white soap stone, I'd be fucking around annoying people more than actually fighting.

You really gotta play bloodborne. The old hunters is the best dlc in the series for me. Shame it'll never get a pc port, because fucking sony exclusive, but it's a great game.

Except that is basically what always happens.

Been playing this game again. I remember why it pissed me off so much. The big enemies don't home as bad as das2 but it still bad sometimes. Also some large enemies can just keep on swinging.
That being bitched about I just beat that consumed king, he wasnt to hard of a fight. I went to dark firelink and killed that fag too sword master helped.

I have another character that I wanna go paladin with and another for pvp.

God, Gael is such an asshole especially on NG+7.

I bought the ariandel dlc for DS3 and feel cheated out of my money so I want to torrent ringed city to make up for it.

Is it possible to do that on a copy of Dark Souls 3 that I bought off steam?

whoops that was an old one

If we're just going to post charts, I might as well post the rest of the ones I have.

>lightly tap her egg
>stuck in ash land forever

I'll pass

yes

What's with From's fetish for making you drain multiple health bars in a row in these DLCs?

Well, not just in the DLCs, Nameless King and Abyss Watchers too.

only the first boss has multiple health bars this time around

Has he gone mad? I'll let you decide.

I love how every big enemy in From's games has a jump where they make the camera freak out and break lock on. I'll stop whining now. I've only fought this boss 3 times and have almost beaten it twice.

How the fuck do I get to that area above the ringed streets with that giant black pile of skulls? I thought I was on the right track, but I just ended up finding the path to the dragon fight.

Most accurate review of the game I've seen

Jesus, that was actually really good. After not knowing what to expect with the mixed bag of Ariendel that was a tough but fair experience. I almost wish I didn't grab the pyromancy though. I blew my last respec this run to check it out so the rest of the run might be a bit difficult on me.
Also I just finished Lapps sidequest. Fitting he kicked us down a hole one last time, Patches will survive until the end of fucking time

It's…strange. I'll let a video do most of the explaning for you.

There's an area later on with a riddle that you need to solve that opens up a path

That's an actual complaint with the Ashes of Ariandel DLC?

I went back to Bloodborne after playing through DaS3 2 times.
It just wasn't as fun.

Any anons that own both could tell me if I should get the DLC for DaS3?

Ludwig?

I've seen people here and there saying the DLCs has been nothing but filler content.

That's the opposite of how I felt. It was nice to go back.

Make your own thread, then, nigguh

The entire area is about traveling from 3 to 2 to 1 symbolizing how the Ringed City is a relic from before even DS1

I get that he just wants to complain but the area still had a purpose

Ya that makes sense…

Thanks user, I was going insane trying to figure out how to get up there.

Demon Prince. Also, yeah get the DLCs, they're good. Though I think Bloodborne's one of the best games in the series and DaS 3 is one of the worst, so our opinions are different. :^)

Be sure to tell Lapp how to get to it when you see him.

But user, what you're saying is fact.

"Moving" my last post in the previous topic here.

Yeah, I found them all. Their hidey holes all require putting our ashen asses on the line. I died more times in this bloody swamp than in Sulyvahn and Nameless put together.
At the Ringed City right now; seems being shot at a million times is this game's theme. And that's the least of it, people who bitched about DaS2's infamous corridor gauntlets, would have a stroke here. All in all, it's the finest sprint marathon simulator I've played.
The area is gorgeous though. Probably the best looking one in the game.
As for calling Gael, depends on the game cycle and on your own damage output. Personally, I prefer to take my chances with a human player.
Similarly, between Gael and Lapp, the later is much more reliable against the demon duo.

Isn't the damage dealt in PvE done in % of your HP instead of taking x points of HP? I think it's something they started with Bloodborne. Also explains things like SL4 builds in high NG+ cycles being able to survive a hit.

Btw the Ringed City isn't Londor, right? I'm starting to come to that disappointing realization.

So when you encounter the dragon after escaping Mr. Bones's Stairwell has anyone succeeded in driving him off? I managed to get him down to a quarter of his healthbar but then he just goes full retard rage and his breaht attack becomes a lot more powerful and hits nearly all cover spots. I think if you keep weaving across the bridge you should be able to avoid his attacks and get a few hits in, it's just time consuming. But it would be likely you would get a drop or something by doing this

You have to knock him off in order to access his boss fight

No, they changed healing to a percentage but damage is still calculated by integer. I think there's a chance that an attack that would kill you in one hit might leave you with a small amount of HP, but it's still possible to get oneshot

Sweet mercy what were they thinking

I really hate the DLC so far, so much so that I had to use my last respec of the save (on NG) just so I could kill things in two hits and make it somewhat bearable.
Enemies are either too easy or too hard, and ironically it's the most threatening looking ones that are too easy, such as the knights and fat guys.
Everything has too much fucking health, bosses are tedious.
The "challenges" so far are ballrippingly painful but when you find the solution, it just gets really really boring because some take a lot of time to go through even when you're invincible, as just running through even when you know the route puts you at a very high chance of being shat all over.

And the turtle guys, jesus fuck those things to death, the sole reason I respecced. If you don't kill them in two hits, they can just negate all hitstun and go into their stupid healing pose that damages you when you are even in the max range of most big weapons. I had one do that to me 4 times in a row before I got sick of it, because I was wasting time doing nothing to fight an enemy that was going to be a nuisance if I left it alone because they can do their magic circles from miles away, apparently.

Yeah, just finished it.
Safe to say I will never play Ds3 or Ds2 ever again. Its straight Demon>Dark>Bloodborne. Glad I didn't pay shit for Ds3 nor Ds2, fuck from for sucking corporate cock and making two entrees intro the series cash grabs. This is what happens when a one hit wonder becomes a pushed series franchise. I am going back to Zelda 2.

While I agree some of the bosses are tedious I think the health pools for 3/4 of them were fine, with the only real bad one being the dragon Midir

I understand the complaints but you can flip them over

I know you can flip them over, but I'm not even sure how it's actually done. Sometimes it looks like a stamina drain thing, other times it looks like it's only for hitting the shell, but that means getting close enough to hit it, and then you get hurt yourself.

Well, actually…
Two was the corporate cash grab.
Three was Miyazaki being butthurt at Bamco for making two behind his back. So he decided to do a sequel his way. My theory is that he made it bad on purpose so that the players would never ask for another Souls game ever again.

This fucking faggot dragon is retarded what the fuck

The most consistent way is doing the R1 weapon art with a straight sword since it attacks from the bottom. I figured it out by accident just using my Astora sword

Yeah Midir's fuckin bullshit. I tried using the greatbow from Ashes of Ariandel since it mentions that he's weak to it, but it did less damage than my normal-ass sword

I'm convinced there's something I'm missing. There's no way the fucked up a boss this much.

No it isn't
Old Hunter didn't just have fun boss fights and nice areas, it practically doubled the amount of weapons and thus movesets while also single-handedly saving acane builds.
This DLC, while decent, looks better than it actually is because it's right after to "Two boss fights of Ariandel" and it doesn't expand on the ways you can play the game like Old Hunters did.

Well it's not really hard to double the number of weapons when there were like 8 to begin with.

You're right, Bloodborne would've been a lot better if there were 8 different saw cleavers instead of just 1.

I mean now I know what to expect, but why the fuck did it only appear the second time she pulled me into the shadowrealm?

It's weird too since you have to beat him to access Old King 2.0 with the Spears of the Church which makes me wonder how many people just threw themselves at him blindly

Why is fromsoft so shit at optimizing?

The clone is always supposed to appear in the shadow realm. That fight has always been pretty buggy though. For a while after release it was still on ez mode from the review copies of the game and had a grand total of two movesets and very rarely if even did the shadow realm. So it was either the boss being a little buggy or you just never noticed the clone

None of what you said is true.

Oh shit maybe it was a dark souls entry, but didn't one of these games get buggier the longer you left the system on? I was playing Let It Die for a couple hours before BB; the PS4 might've been too hot at the moment.

das it mane

When I did it I had one summon with me and we stood on opposite sides so one can hit the back legs and the other can hit the head. I also spammed lightning arrows when he was too far.

I didn't even consider using lightning, makes sense since he's an ancient dragon

I fought him with the Lothric GS and I had nothing but fun.

I think I'm done with this series. I've seen it all before.

I got him to around 20% on my fourth attempt then just gave up. I'm sure I could do it in a couple more attempts or with a summon but I really can't be arsed. It might the most tedious fight in the series, in my opinion. It's a combination of his high hp, high resistances, and his compulsion to do that one downwards breath attack constantly. I wasn't keeping track of how long exactly it took to get him to 20%, but it felt like forever.

10/10

I was surprised that Dark Souls Man is free to circling. If their weapon isn't charged, you can safely circle them all freakin' day.

Tell me about it. I think they represent all that's wrong with the difficulty in DaS3 - they're not hard, they're exasperating. After fighting 15 of them and they all do that full recovery gaywad heal for the 76th time when their down to a 10th HP, it really starts to get to you.
Only why I could consistently flip them over was with a dash attack with their spell active which meant taking damage.

That's my pyro as well. Low Quality (20/20). I got a very bad feeling about everything.

It's not a problem, it's part of the challenge.
t. Miyazaki

Btw, how do you reliably clear the "firing squad" at the start of the Ringed City? I've well made it past that area but it wasn't pretty.
I know there's a lower pathway that lets you avoid most of it and then I can fuck outta there but I tried killing that giant fucker which I did by rolling from his sides to avoid damage but that cunt can literally imagine anything to kill you and while I pulled through, it wasn't pretty and almost cost me every flask.

It's a feature. Just like enemies being able to attack through walls and doors that you aren't.

I think the trick to this DLC is using a GS or an UGS. I've had a much easier time then if I were using a dex build

Lol, you doing it wrong.

Ok dark souls, I get it. You want me dead.

You include a bunch of random shit from DS2, but dont include the best thing to come out of that shitshow.
Fucking why.

Wait for super better edition deluxe.

I think that's tied to the animations of DS2. They can't rerig it for DS3, it uses completely different models.

Yeah god forbid they make an effort

Pretty sure that didn't help shit then

Maybe that's why they buffed those weapons. I'm going to try my luck with my other builds, luckily they're still in NG+ (I started with my DEX character in NG++), one of those is STR/FTH with Walmart's Holy Sword.
I'd try a new build but magic sucks and STR would still be a R1 spam fest. I'm a bit tempted to make a dark sorcery build themed after pic related but it's going to be the same as the pyro I already have in terms of stat investment.

They would have to remake that from scratch.

How is that a problem? Of course they would have to remake it from scratch. It's not a good thing that DaS3 literally reuses models and animation rigs from BB, they should be using some of their time and budget to make something new for a new game.

shoot the summoner guy while hiding behind the gravestones. greatbow makes it quicker.

There are few safe spots on the way. And after 3rd you can jump down, and walk past all of that shit without any problem. I dont think its possible to walk to the Guy, since he summon then more often with you around. And too bad you cant use doors to block all of it, since archers are everywhere. Come on, people, its not hard to figure out everything without relying on cheese tactics.

Anyone else disappointed by the lack of a primordial serpent boss fight?

Not really. But it is curious that all we see of them is a statue.

Not necessarily everything needs to be a boss fight. I'd prefer the primordial serpents to be the secret usurpers behind the scenes, not some final climactic boss fight. Queen Yharnam definitely didn't benefit by being turned into a boss fight

why the hell is his health so high? I am using +10 reinforced dark sword, but god damn that shit's nonsense, he had way too much health.

The game pretty much encourages you to summon for it. You can get Gael and Lapp to help you reliably, Lapp especially does a ton of damage

I should mention I also managed to get lapp all the way to the end, albeit he died very soon before the boss was killed.
Sword of actuation here I come.

The reason DS3 is shit in one simple sentence.

Most of DS3's bosses don't need summoning for them though, and I think the Demon Princes were designed as sort of a skill check to make sure the player could reliably handle the Ringed City's enemies and the rest of the DLC. It's not inexcusable but I can at least see what they were coming from with it

What I meant was the easy access to summons in the first place.

"Just summon help" should never ever ever ever be the go-to answer for a Dark Souls boss.

Multiplayer was a mistake.

I figured those but the area has some goodies and I don't think they want you to suicide run them. Then again, I just got out of the swamp…
I managed to kill the guy up close but, again, it wasn't pretty. Left that fight looking like a pin cushion. I didn't try to kill him from afar because I thought you could talk to him once you got there since I've seen screenshots of one of those guys talking.

I'm disappointed this isn't Londor. It might close the series but feels detached from DaS3.

Lapp is much more reliable in terms of survivability. In NG++, he can hold is own until near the end. He'll likely die from taking a million meteors to the head but The Boss Formerly Known as Demon Prince will be down to 5% HP.

Interestingly, this was a very common criticism of DaS2 since that game has tons of gank bosses and encounters with a lot of enemies.

My character isn't even all the way up there in terms of power yet, I'm just trying to get through for the ringed knight sword for this build.

I played ringed city for an hour last night but ended up going back on Nioh. Dork souls seems so sluggish and unwieldly in comparison. Atmosphere is still spot on though. Will go back on tonight with my based dodgy-sorcerer build and see if I can get past the angels that were raping me.

Are you saying gank bosses should be fought solo?

Gank bosses are part of the retarded "Bloodborne but not really" combat and also have no place in DS. Basically From managed to expand the series in all the wrong directions.

To be fair, the Ringed City is supposed to be like proto-Londor, or what Kaathe was trying to recreate with New Londo. I was hoping for more involvement from the angels, but it seemed like they were more focused with clearing up details from DS1

But gank bosses predate BB

The most famous boss of DS1 is a gank boss.

Bimmy and Jimmy are gank bosses? what.

Liar. Artorias fights 1v1

I think he meant Capra

Which one do you refer to? There are a couple of bosses that might be considered gank bosses but none of them were as bad as, say, DS2s gank squad.

Capra for example is technically a gank boss since he has his dogs, but there is a clear strategy to fighting him other than "run away and abuse the AI".

The problem with 3 is that seemingly large portions of it ended up being a 'we have a lot of rejected or otherwise unused Bloodborne items, see how you can tweak them to fit in a Dark Souls game' but they forgot that BB's movement is wildly different than that of Dark Souls and the fact that BB allows you to regain health by being aggressive while DS punishes it. If two bosses in one fight is a gank, Demon's Souls had that with Maneaters, Dark Souls had that with the Gargoyles/O&S/4 Kings, DS2 had a handful and 3 has a handful. If you want to include regular enemies in the boss room, there's a few more across the games. The issue with too many bosses being 'gank bosses' is that there's too many in 3 that are either a two stage fight that starts with multiple enemies and ending with one or have the boss room flooded with regular enemies that you have to dodge.

A gank boss done right should be solo. The demons were obviously supposed to be designed alike O&S, but failed to capture that fight because each of them were mostly frontal, melee fighters, Ornstein had one projectile he used rarely, and Smough was a big heavy idiot who couldn't get over to you very fast, but he was fast enough that if you tried to out range him he'd close in and then jump onto you. When they get to their second phases they don't grow a million billion health that you smack away in small chunks, they have about 2 times the health they had before, and you shave it off very nicely in about 10-20 back and forth type encounters. And you only had to kill one to get a super version of the other, not kill them both and then they fuse into one super guy who does projectiles, flies away, range battles, and whatall else.

Gank bosses can be done right like Bert & Ernie and Shadows of Yharnam, two fights a average player can solo. Then there's complete and utter bullshit like the tigers and Throne Bros where you get constantly pelted with off screen crap or they walk like siamese twins and always attack in a way that makes engaging one almost impossible.

They are a 2v1.

I think user meant Ornstein and Smough. At least for me they're the most iconic boss fight in the game, if not the series.

I still remember that as "pvp in the bell tower". :^)

FUCK

Now I feel like an idiot.

O&S were much more handleable than the other multi-enemy fights in later games and the arena was designed to help the player. Compare this to the phantom gank squad in Sunken King or the cat bosses at the end of Ivory King, which are just big fuck yous.

GOD I fucking hated that place. I really hated DaS2 a lot. DaS3 doesnt piss me off as much but it has its moments. I feel like the enemies are just a bit to quick. I should be able to out-swing a cathedral knight when we do it at the same time. But no, he hits way faster than me.

I wouldn't consider Lothric multi enemy either.

With the two DLC packs for 3, it jumps to 14/25 bosses having multiple enemies, which is 56%, as both bosses in the first DLC have at least one stage where there's 2+ enemies and half the bosses in the second have a stage where there's multiple enemies.

3 really feels like they were still thinking the player moved more like they do in Bloodborne, or they were trying to "ease up" on the tracking issues 2 had but still see if they could get away with it.

I didn't make it, but I think the justification was that you could be attacked by both the drake and Nameless King in the first fight, even if he doesn't seem to do all that much, with the same sort of logic applying to the Princes.

And Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen should be listed as multiple-enemy, and so should Forgotten Madman, and so should two of the ones in DaS2 for their NG+ iterations, and DaS3's list should now include the DLC bosses. I haven't cared enough to go back and fix it

Not that DaS3's list would be improved favorably with the new DLC bosses

That list takes "multi-enemy" very literal.
Prowling Magus, Crystal Sages, Looking Glass Knight and so forth are all debatable as to how gank-y they are.

They do track still, not as bad but its there. Its even worse that all big enemies have a move that knocks you to the ground, then they have a follow up move to punish you for not getting up and out of the way. But instead of waiting until your guy gets up, you have to mash dodge like a fucking retard so your fag goes from laying down to dodging, which may still hit you once in a while.

If only armor actually reduced damage and poise actually helped.

How does the damage reduction work in this game again? Can I just run around naked if thats the case?

Wearing armor applies this constant armor value. From what I've seen all armor gives this same value. This value is subtracted from the damage, and then it goes through damage absorption, which is unique to armor.

Post one more tumblr-drawn, red-nosed cunt and I swear I will send my fucking boys after you.

this is the challenge I require.

So what is the ringed city and when is it?

Wearing shirt is better than naked, wearing full havel is slightly better than shirt.

Thats kinda gay but makes fashion souls easier at least.

ur mom tonight

If you're hit, the damage of the weapon is reduced by Physical Defense and then by Damage Absorption. You could be wearing full Havel's armor or some cloth and the Physical Defense will be the exact same, but the damage absorption is slightly higher in Havel's. The problem with poise is that it only applies when you're actually attacking, so if you're wearing Havel's and just standing still, you'll fold like paper if you get the edge of the point of a dagger on your shin.

Exactly. Even the Shadows are designed like that. It's a trio but you can fight them solo and, I dare say, have fun.

UGS Cathedral knight is the second coming of Dragon Shrine mace knight. They are. Everything feels sped up and some enemies have absurdly long strings, particularly running ones like Thralls, Pontiff Knights and Corvians.

Anywho, now that my tits are calmer, I played the Dreg Heap with my pyro and up to the boss only died twice - one to a invader who wrecked me with the new dual GSs and one in the swamp to a poorly done plunge on a fatty. Shows the place is one giant trial & error - find the angel spawn.
I'm quite surprised that Witch's Locks (whip) has been my most reliable weapon so far and it's kinda fun to one-shot about 7 beetles in one swing.

The Ringed City is a city for Hollows created by Gwyn after the Pygmies found the Dark Soul. They were later involved in the war against the Archdragons but never received credit for their participation

The actual DLC takes place at the very end of the timeline, but the Ringed City has been around since before the Age of Fire and was likely unaffected by the Fire/Dark cycle

so with the boosts to great swords whats the current fan favourite weapon for a Dex or Str build?

the first time I played through the game I went through most of it with the goddam axe I started with and then switched to the dork sword after I heard it was good and finished the game with it.

These really are not very accurate.

So I cleared the DLC, maybe I missed some stuff but I am definitely disappointed by some things

I know it sounds a lot like MUH LORE but I was just hoping for some loose ends to be tied up at the very least. From a gameplay perspective asides from the choppiness of the dreg heap it's pretty good in terms of level design and a lot of little areas to explore. Just leaves me wanting more to be honest, didn't feel that much like a conclusion.

It doesn't even stick to its own lore.
Pygmies for the record is man, the furtive pygmy was Magnus the first to take the dark Soul.

What made Dark Soul lore so good was that its mechanics and lore went hand in hand.
Humanity wasn't just a mechanic but something the game revolved around.

The boss is designed to put more pressure on you than a university deadline. Fight smarter user.
Except for Gael, he's an asshole and a huge endurance test

Bleed has always been the boss killer, since DaS

Beat the DLC, I really enjoyed it. Probably one of my favorite areas.

I didn't like Midir that much, until I finally figured out his fight. The last boss was pretty dope, though. And a lot of the weapons are extremely cool.

Does anyone know what happens if you attack the locust-men who speak to you?

Attack them, faggot. Don't be a pussy.

I already started NG+

Yes they are.

The "lore" you fags love to fellate yourself to is literally just item descriptions.

And character dialogue and environmental details

I like the "lore" as long as its just by the books but I hate failed english major lorefags who speculate and write fan fiction like VaatiVidya.

but both of these things where merely fan speculation based on clues and never 100% varied. Man is somehow related to the Pygmy as in Man carries the fragments of the dark soul but it was never very specific and that bullshit about Manus being the progenitor of humanity comes from the Hindu term.

7/10 still prefer crowns trilogy and old hunters

Dunno about Frampt but Yuria's death line in the JP version indicates that Kaathe is dead.

Miffed about that too. I honestly thought that illustration in the OP was the Sable Church.

I still think Yorshka is one of the stupidest additions to the series but I guess that wasn't enough.

They are but, on my end, I'm not seeing much to use with my builds. That said, immediately maxed the new halberd for my DEX character and Demon's Scar for my pyro. There's some I want to try but IMHO Ariandel has a upper hand in this department.
And disappointed that the katana made from Midir's soul is another DEX weapon when it could have been a good dark weapon (and maybe make a great pair with the Chaos Blade).

It's the item descriptions, where the items are at, what people are talking about, where those people are, and where enemies are located. Of course, when you start getting into things that have virtually no information like the Furtive Pygmy, it becomes Alex Jones tier.

While Filianore is basically just a warp point she still has ties with Gwyn and her egg clearly has some importance so I wouldn't write her off just yet

Who, Gael?

Not in a literal sense but his aggression and moveset screamed Orphan of Kos, the skulls were straight up the ones from Martyr Logarius, and Gael consuming blood to gain power seemed really Bloodborne. I reckon Gael was at least partially based on a cut boss, maybe from Cainhurst. That or Miyazaki wants to hint at a shared universe. In any case, it was a fantastic fight, probably the best in the game (except Champion Gundyr).

Step up, user.
That shit happened to me to.

Well if Bloodborne shares a universe with anything it's Demon's Souls, umbasa. Unless they're going to do another "muh cycles" retcon to bring them all together

I mostly considered it an Artorias reference and the blood-infusion to be another Arty reference via the Abyss Watchers, but I guess there are a lot of paralells with Logarius too, and that aerial charge move with the Orphan

Bloodbornefags are even worse than Soulsfags.

In the spirit of fairness someone last thread nailed it pretty well. It was more like Martyr Artorias Orphan of Manus

It was almost a good name up until the end, fify

Martyr Artorias of Kos

Surprised someone recalled it by any margin.

and Sister Friede

Sorry, I'm not into dating sims.

Yhought it was pretty funny tbh
He can be reddit tier some times, but this was on point.

Also all the fan boys crying in the comments is just icing on the cake their tears are top notch. They are the reason people hate souls players, any little criticism and they throw a hissy hit and shit their diapers, I swear I think Souls players think the games are perfect and therefore beyond any criticism.

Also.

I really want to cuddle with Filianore, holy shit lads I can't fight this feeling. I think I might have found my waifu.

Playing it with my 130 character on NG+3 was a mistake. I'm not the biggest fan of continuing to level up but goddamn Midir is punishing me for it. It has a fuck ton of health and just one shots me. Took me about two hours of trying to beat Gael but I think I'm fucked for Midir.

In terms of matching up with The Old Hunters, I don't think it comes close. However that's inherent in how many more viable weapons TOH added to the game. The weapons of Ringed City have cute gimmicks but I wouldn't really use them.

Dat desert pyromancer outfit tho.

user…

Are you loving the spears?

Fun fact: the demon prince doesn't use the beam attack unless you're outside the range of his regular attacks. I didn't even know he could do it until I started doing coop and he promptly instakilled some retard host for running away to heal.

He somehow fell out of the map for me. I was very close to the point where you can do the plunge attack but he just spontaneously died. How does a flying wyvern with healthy wings even manage to fall?

why does this game exist

DS2 rerigged everything from DS1 because it uses a totally different animation system they're just lazy cunts

The animation system was designed for dynamic on-the-fly animation hybridization so that any combination of attacks on any weapon would flow somewhat naturally SO WHY THE DO SO MANY THINGS HAVE THE SAME MOVESET FUCK FUCK

I've been using the Astora Greatsword because the charged heavy attack does still does a hard knockdown and you've recovered before they're able to get up.
Because they used all their creativity in Bloodborne and didn't have any good people for 3.

1. Crown of the Old Iron King
2. Artorias of the Abyss
3. The Ringed City

40. Crown of the Sunken King
50. Crown of the Ivory King
POWAH GAP
9000000000. Ashes of Ariandel

If Ashes were $5 it wouldnt be that bad. It's just dogshit for what they charged

Bullshit.

There's tons of cool shit in Dark Souls 2 that's just unused for no good reason.

I killed him solo on my NG character that was SL60 using an onyx sword build. I know that bleed is super strong vs those assholes since dorhy's gnawing only needs two casts to trigger bleed from what a friend was saying. I found it helpful when dealing with the two solo was to go after whoever was on fire and then kill the red demon first because it makes their combined form easier to fight because he attacks slower with bigger openings. I'm pretty sure though if you went with warden twinblades and a little bit of fp to cast gnawing you could kill him even easier.

But that's "old stuff" and From could do better, which is why we got 3.

we know the desert sorceress is the best way to accentuate the chest, but what's the best equipment to accentuate the butt?

Not entirely, it's just hard to make a webm of spells having entire movesets (both twohanded and onehanded movesets) when they removed most of the unused spell moveset animations in the last patch.

Dancer

Nobody needs to know that there was actually interesting things to do with weapons and spells. Are you crazy?

They also removed 'clean' versions of dirty/destroyed armor sets, which previously existed and were functional. I didn't take any screenshots of them, though.

Dark Souls 2 was everything people hoped it would be, but they removed tons of good stuff (including AREAS THAT LINKED TO MULTIPLE AREAS AND BYPASSED GATES LIKE DARKROOT DID IN DARK SOULS 1) for NO FUCKING REASON.

i've put more hours into looking at dark souls 2's code and unused content than most people have put into the whole series

you tell me

There's no reason to have good things in games. It's 2017! We need more difficulty! More large enemies in armor! More weapons that feel the exact same! Less fun! Less quality! Worse performance!

That is pretty neat. Weren't they showing a lot of spells that could be charged in the trailers leading up to the release?

Speaking of which my friend was complaining that he was getting shit fps in the new DLC. He has everything turned on low and his framerate still tanks for no reason and its only in the DLC and its only if he looks at the cityscape/skybox.

what a letdown

Didn't that just turn out to be Aldia's Keep?

I just got done taking a trip to Archdragon Peak because I rolled up a new character and I noticed a ~20 frame drop that only happened there even though I set everything to low, which goes to show that they can't seem to keep things stable.

I mean I've never seemed to have any problems, but it seems like the older 700 series of nvidea cards can't handle DS3 very well.

You got to force people to upgrade somehow.

Actually, scratch that bit about 'everything' people wanted. The cut enemies are mostly large dudes in armor, or variations of large dudes in armor that weren't cut.

That existed until the final patch when they cut out tons of stuff. It's why the things that cast with a strong attack consumed more stamina: you were literally accessing an entirely different spell with the same data as the normal version of the spell except for stamina consumption.

It was supposed to be accessible from the gutter from one end and it linked to a forest at the other end. Might be copse, might be shaded woods, might be fallen giants.

Shaded Woods was also supposed to link to another cut area (that massive bridge you can see from it) which would have let you go to Drangliec Castle without needing Lordsouls. Instead, they cut it and replaced it with 'grind one million souls.'

They put the skeleton there but it just seems like re-locating it rather than the cave becoming Aldia's Keep naturally

I mean shit like the 750 ti was fine for a cheap build years ago, but you can get like a 780ti for like the same price now. I know that the 780ti can run this game just fine because its what I used to use.

Are there any torrents of the whole game at it's current state? I can only find torrents that force me to download the launch version and all subsequent updates and I've got a 2MB internet connection.

Against my better judgment this talk is making me feel like taking another run at DaS2, even if only for a couple of hours

Maybe if you find the trailer we can say it definitively but I'm almost certain it was the same room and just looked different because of the downgrade

Since you seem to be the resident expert on the subject, why was it all cut? Why didn't we get the Beksinski-soaked masterpiece they were promising? I mean there has to be some explanation

We can't get too crazy about having content in the game can we?

People will update eventually. Or just find older games that are good.

The new bosses are pretty neat, too.
Fuck the spear of the church fight. I'm not even sure I even want to keep trying to kill Midir to even get in the covenant.

Don't bullshit, man, you were avatarfagging pretty hard.
Sage for off-topic.

The only plausible explanation I've been able to find is Bamco meddling. There's so much there and totally functional with tons of stuff designed around its existence I can't come up with anything better than that.

Oh, and it's not just stuff from the trailers that's cut. Each DLC patched in cut content related to itself.

For instance, there's a cut summon in the Iron King DLC. A cut summon with AI and animations and gestures related solely to summoning in order to prevent him from spawning in a t-pose.

That cut white phantom is SIR ALONNE. You were meant to be able to summon him for something. Fuck knows what.

Running through new iterations of this game really is a pain in the ass.
I really wish they didn't go full "NO FUN" with cheat engine and I could just cheat table all the items. levels, etc that I want on new characters.
Having to grind new characters every single time I want to try something new is what really killed this game for me.
I'm an autistic faggot, and I like to try out new fun things in PVP, bow sniping people off bridges, mimicry magic one shots, force builds, I have tried it all but after killing the same old bosses for the hundreth time, I've had enough.

Copy a high level save that you have, rename it, load it in offline, and you can use cheat engine to give it any items, and as long as you don't go overboard and they align properly, change levels and stats. I've done it to my saves before.

If you load the game in Offline mode, you can use CE all you want. I did it to drop a bunch of cov items and the boss souls so I could create all of the shit they make.

I abused the fuck out of the soul glitch before it was patched until I got to 99 in all stats, so I get to have fun with whatever I want and see the max stats on things.
Like the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords which has 660 physical AR.
Why are anime posters always the most instigative and belligerent?

shit

Hello newfriend

Oh come on, this from the guy who keeps trying to start shit with "soulsfags"? No idea why Mark deleted all of that guy's posts, he was just talking about the games, not invoking "rule 8".

How did that work out for the Ancient Dragon in 2?

You seem upset.

I like the fight with Sihn a lot tbh.
One of my favorite in the series.

Ancient Dragon was complete cancer.

I guess I'm the only one that found him fun.

I guess. I liked Kalameet quite a bit too but I still don't think that dragons should have ever been seen in the games in any kind of grandiose capacity. The cursed dragons in the valley and the painted world and Seath are how the dragons should have been represented, not as huge badass fights

meant for

Projection at its finest

Can you read IDs?

Sinh > Kalameet > Midir > Ancient Wyvern > Ancient Dragon

Whats the firekeeper eyes and souls for? Do I give them to the firekeeper?

Soul allows you to pay to revert hollowing which does nothing but lock you out of Yurias ending
The eyes let you access another ending too, so give them both.

Well yeah, at least Midir's an actual fight and not gimmick shit.
no, fight me :^)

they unlock the hidden ending
you need to do even more stuff to unlock the hidden hidden ending

Give her both. The eyes allows an ending to happen and a second to happen if you do something at the right time and the soul allows you to not become beef jerky but upsets Yuria and causes her to leave.

no

has the DS3 cheat table been updated yet? I want to revive some of these bosses

Fuck, this made me want to do pvp again.

Looks like fun, i-i-is this even Dark Souls 3 anymore ? I thought Miyazaki banned the fun.

neat
wtf is up with the sun

They took the logo a little too literally

it got swallowed by the lore

It's the Darksign. You totally shouldn't warp out to the Undead Settlement and look at the sky.

Its a missing texture, you can see shit like that in a few other places like Lothric Castle, Wolnirs Chamber, and Vordts mask

Well you're both forgetting the best dragon in the series anyway so it doesn't really matter

Guyra > Seath >whatever shit you said

What do you want, a dodge roll? Are you casual?

i want attacks that don't always come from offscreen thanks

that's why seath > guyra

the other reason seath > guyra is the well what is it pose

Oh, I forgot all about arni, I wonder if she is still dicking around in the catacombs but honestly I probably already fucked that up. I can get that ending on another character.

guffaw

So is there any trick to killing this stupid asshole dragon? Like maybe a damage type or status he's not borderline immune to?

Pestilent Mercury.

Otherwise git gud.

Bleed and Lightning work well, and he takes more damage if you attack his head

when he begins his combos, roll into him so you get under. Take a few hits and pay attention to whether or not he's going to sit up and try to breath fire at you. If he is run towards his tail. You're safe from the flames right where the tail starts to curve upward and away from the ground

Good joke.

SLB on the drakeblood sword is viable

also on Lothric GS

dragons are weak to lightning

How good are great clubs now that they are faster? Also, what are some good weapons for faith builds?

The second stage of bosses that have fire are also weak to lightning I think.

I really like the noise Ringed Knights make when they fall down

Really wish Bloodborne would get more content. Milkweed is arguably my favorite rune and makes the kos parasite my favorite weapon. Also it'd give me a reason to bully Maria some more. Not that I need one, though.

Wolnir's is okayish but too heavy for its length imo. If you're going to rely on weapon buffs primarily for the faith aspect of things, just use whatever floats your boat. If you're primarily casting you might want to get something lightning infused like a mansperpent hatchet or lothric knight straight sword (or greatsword, forget which has S scaling in faith for lightning buff).

I was just thinking the same thing.

Bloodborne 2 coming soon

Anything you lightning infuse is good. Even better to do is use lightning weapon and blessed weapon on nonelemental weapons; Make everything raw if you're keeping just faith high, though I suggest 18 in str/dex to weild most weapons in your range, and then buff them with lightning to get those high damage numbers. If you don't want to be a caster, then just use infusions, a good place to farm lightning gems is the dragon zone.

DID THEY FUCKING FIX MAGIC?

It was never broken to begin with

no it's still shit unless it's pyromancy

Don't tease me like that, man. I was all over the gothic-horror-turned-cosmic-horror

It's working as intended.

Raw Drakeblood Greatsword. Slap DMB or SLB on it depending on what you're dealing with.

I could see it being one of the three games From said they're working on tbh.

an even better announcement would be that with BB2, BB is getting a PC port.

Also would anyone mind explaining why hitting with my staff did more damage than my onyx blade?

Lothric SS, Astora Greatsword both have S scaling in faith when given Lightning.
Lothric UGS gets an A scaling in Faith with Lightning and has insane AR.
Wolnirs got a buff, I think its on par with a claymore now, and its special is good.

What this user said is good too Find a weapon with a high base AR then make it raw and use buffs on it, My faith build is 50 faith with base level Str and dex just to wield weapons. I have a Raw Morningstar for the buff plus bleed damage, it also has the highest AR out of the one handed clubs I believe.

I don't know why anyone wants a BB2. The game fine as is minus the chalice dungeons. If it gets sequels, it'll be milked and watered down to shit. Just create another new IP.

Weapons in Dark Souls 3 have invisible damage multipliers on their attacks that make AR as a measure of damage output pointless, and the onyx blade has a negative multiplier, which is why a lower AR dark hand usually outdamages it.

BB getting a PC port is like DeS getting a PC port. Something I really fucking wish would happen, but I'm stuck waiting until either an emulator is created or I feel the need to go out and buy the system to play it.

I want more Bloodborne but if Dark Souls is any indication you're right.

I can hope so. I mean DaS is nice but BB was a pleasant change-up I'd like more of. Maybe a few new weapons and another nightmare to explore. We didn't really get much in terms of expansion into Cainhurst or much more in terms of looks into the past. Hell another DLC expanding on the Vilebloods would be fine as long as they kept Maria far far away from it.

Agreed. The thought of a BB2 terrifies me

They are creating a new IP.
Miyazaki stated as much, its kind of a hipster answer "Im too cool say whether my game will be Soulslike kiddo" *unsheates Uchigatana*

archive.is/pHTNA

I hope its nothing like Souls or BB honestly.

I'm not sure, can you my friend? I was making fun of the guy calling avatarfagging.

I wouldn't have selected your post if you didn't seem upset family.

since black flame exists, how do i make a giantdad
is the heal aid estus tumblebuff glitch thingy still in there?

From did me a good thing today.

I hope it is, after all there's very few studios filling that gameplay niche,besides the creators of Nioh.

i mean i could use the pharros mask in 2 with the mastodon or syan set

How? I like every single weapon and build in the game except broccoli, it's insufferable

She's too pure for this earth anyway

Wrong, my next line is
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nice subversion attempt, you commie fuck.
Kill yourself, leftycuck.

DeS might realistically get a PC port someday, BB will never, ever, ever get one, I would have thought most people realized that a long time ago.

Don't know why people keep pining for a completed sixth archstone either, they already made two levels and nearly an entire game out of repurposed content from it. I doubt they still feel the need to go and complete it

Giant Dad is dead
He died when poise became a meme.
If you want to DaS equivalent of giant dad, just get a Carthus Curved Sword and press R1 to win, combustion also sucks in this game

I like a Souls game as much as the next guy, but I would like them to try something else.

I'd play it. I'd play the fuck out of it.

Demon's souls has a functioning PC emulator now, it needs a lot of work though.

I'd prefer if they just went full Castlevania like BB seemed it was going to instead of switching to grotesque aliens halfway through. I want to fight a medusa head. I want to fight a giant bat. I want to fight mummies and Frankenstein's monster.

Sour grapes, wishing for a good game to show up on another system so more people can enjoy it, [insert reason here].
I think it's more of a wish to see how it would have turned out or wanting more from a fairly good game more than anything.

I'd play the fuck out of that.

I was skimming the thread, why is it that every emulation thread has someone laughing at people who use them?

yeah no shit

i just want to cospoor it

i wasn't using a washing pole and avelyn while wearing the havel's set in dark souls 1 because it was good, it was to troll people trying to escape from resonant havelyns

Yeah I was sort of hoping for the same but I wasn't exactly opposed to what I got either. It'd be nice if they did have more of that in at least Cainhust though. Just one castle full of ghosts and a frozen dude with way too much magic

Might be cool, depending on execution.

I guess nobody minded playing with that kind of framerate on console either

Autism

They should be autistic somewhere else.

Please god no

I wouldn't mind a pure Celtic-inspired souls game (or any game for that matter). Many games and other media make references to the culture and religion (mostly with it's mythology), but never take the chance of making a purely Celtic-themed game. Understandable considering what little we know of it's culture and lore that isn't perverted by Romans or Wiccans, but there's still enough to go with something. Folklore was pretty close though, and Ni-Oh made a slight nod to it with the main protagonist and his guardian spirit.

Well, Dark Souls 2 was basically a norse/germanic themed game. Most of the new weapons and armor came from Germany or Scandinavia, Sinh is functionally Fafnir, Alva's story is basically the same as what happened after Sigurd slew Fafnir, etc

So does anyone know shit about the sword of actuation (Ringed knight's straight sword) and how it scales? I put 40 into str and 30 into dex because it got an extra whopping 2 points for 35 points in int and faith and now has 173 extra damage tacked on. Does it scale like the tonitrus/wheel from BB, where it scales with certain stats until you put it in mode two and it then scales better with arcane?

So is "Gael" Gwyn's lost son?

HAHAHA NO IT ISNT THERE IS NO FUCKING LORE IN THIS GAME FUCKING HACK DEVS

there wasn't any lore in dark 1 either pretty much all of it is fanfiction stringing together random and unrelated events

We already know who Gwyn's lost son is.

That aside, is the Bloodborne DLC worth it? I don't have the base game, so I've been considering the new complete edition that's out.

It's 20 something dollars for the full game with the DLC, so asking that is kinda moot. It is worth it though, BB is probably worth a 60 dollar price tag more than any of the current DS games.

The what? The GOTY edition has been out for a while but it's PAL-exclusive

The DLC is the last 20% of the game chopped off and sold back to you, so obviously it's worth it for the content itself if you don't mind the business model. If you own a PS4 and are a fan of the series I don't know how you don't have it already

DLC is cancer.

just finished the new DLC.

why was gael in the new DLC?
why is he eating Dark Souls™ now?
why did he need Dark Soul™ blood for the girl back in the previous DLC to paint a new world? couldn't she just use paint?
who was filemiore or whatever the fuck is the name of the sleeping princess? the """"lore"""" says something about she being a daughter of gwyn, but that doesn't make any sense and it was pulled out of miyazakis ass.

i kept my save file at the very end of NG0, so as to play the DLC without the added difficulty of NG+, and the bosses were such massive damage sponges, holy shit i can't imagine them taking anywhere under 30 minutes each in NG+ and beyond. for the record, i was using a sunlight sword +5 with 40 strength and 20 dex, not the best possible damage but still, 20 minutes of whacking the darkeater dragon for it to die.

also, talk about waste of space. that last area (the barren desert ruins) was so fucking HUGE and there was nothing on it after the boss fight, just a single ringed knight with dual xbox huge swords and the church bitch who wanted to cap your ass for having woken up the princess. and i spent a good 15 minutes going around the edges of the map to see if there was anything, an item, a weapon, something, but nope, nothing at all.

over all i rate it 4/10. it wasn't horrible, it was fun and entertaining, but it was just more of the same, nothing to write home about. little bit disappointing.

"How do we make challenging bosses? I know! Make the defense values really high!" t. From

I am sure you do fuckboy.
Anyways, glad this shit stain is over. Time to wonder the waste and remember I spent 17 hours wasted on this shit heap of a game.

Its to remind you the time you wasted playing the game.

The description on his gear makes it pretty obvious.

The base game is still around 20 in most places, and I don't even know how much the DLC costs.

I didn't notice that it was PAL only. Pretty sure it'll still work, though. Also I just never got it, can't really give you a reason.

fuck

What the fuck are you wearing nigger

This just happened to me. Go him to about 50hp then died while attacking. The greed is real.

I was trying not to be greedy but greatclubs have 12 years of recovery frames. I got him back down to that level of health then died again.

why are you using great weapons on a game that is based on shitborne and has no poise? everything in the game is about YEAH FAST COMBAT EXTREME CHILIDOGS GOTTA GO FAST, big slow weapons are poor in comparison to the overpowered straight swords (astora & sunlight)

also are you using no shield at all?

dex is fucking boring and my shield is in the other slot because it feels worthless in bosses.

I really thought that last hit would get him.

whats really garbage about gael's 2nd form is that "second" hit, or ghost hit, that follows after each of his attacks. the red smoke thingy is like a second sword that follows in right after the first one so you gotta be really careful with your dodges or else you'll get hit anyway.

also, it took me 3 deaths to figure out that Lightning falls on the black spots that gael leaves around the map, thank god the area is FUCKING HUGE so you can just run to a place with no black spots and keep fighting there, until he makes them again.

i just went with havel's greatshield. he couldn't even empty my stamina bar.

The smoke following his attacks is his cape.

it sure doesn't act anything like a cape.

what they need to do is make a CUHRAZY game and get it out of their system already. They really seem to want to make something like that given how BB and especially DS3 play. It's really irritating in DS3 because everything's so fucking fast compared to how it used to be the previous games because

It is pretty much an expansion, user. They just call expansions nowadays, DLCs because no one is about to do physical disc expansions anymore because it is too expensive. I still have my box of the two expansions for BF2 and it was really fucking pointless to have to install the additional content from the disk, but that was what you had to do back in the day.

Which part was 1? I feel like I've missed something along the way. The only thing that remotely reminded me of the first game was the way you fought the dragon on the bridge, which reminded me of the undead dragons.

CAN WE STOP CALLING THE PILGRIM BUTTERFLIES FUCKING ANGELS BECAUSE THERE'S NO EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP THAT THEY ARE ANGELS

Honestly this speculation has spiraled out of control all because they have white wings.

It is heavily implied that the pilgrims, who are human ascend to that form (the old pilgrim at Dreg Heep). They go from a slow moving body to a flying creature just like caterpillars to butterflies hence the name Pilgrim Butterfly in the DS3 guide. The angels are from the race of gods, Gwyns race who have no connection soul wise, they just humanoid in apperance.

In short humans cannot be angels.

dodge into his attacks instead of in the same direction every time and you won't get hit ever, only one with tricky timing is the spinning attack.

Why would anyone fight them instead of running past them?

If they die in two hits it's free souls. If they're fat then you can just insta-kill them.

I'm not one to respond to bait, but kys Holla Forums.

We're calling them angels because it's funny and they look like the bayo form of angels, which is my favorite depiction of heaven; who's to say they would look like these perfect forms of humans or what we consider beautiful, they're an abstract, disgusting type of thing that urks us because we don't get it. Like the old ones in the Lovecraft novels or anything in a Geiger painting.

Yeah Old Hunters is fantastic.
One of the areas in in is my favorite in any Souls Games, they area is just oozing atmosphere, its really well done. It made me want a game in that type of setting.

Which, we need more games using Lovecraft inspired worlds in general.

you know sleeping on it what I'm most glad about with this DLC is that we got to explore an area that isn't fucking ruined. The Ringed CIty was a lot like Anor Londo until you reached shit creek, with gardens and flowers and monuments and all kinds of nice buildings. It was an appreciated change of pace from the constant varying sate of ruins.

Also, am I stupid or do we not fucking enter this building at all? It was on the cover art and they make sure you see it when you first enter the ringed city and again when you reach Church of Fillianore. It was used as the splash art for the store and other promotions about the Ringed City and it seems significant because it's both the highest building in the land and also significantly apart from the rest of the level, but it's literally just background dressing it seems.

You're supposed to notice the sword of avowl on the building tops.

I summon because I'm shit at the game, but you should at least fucking long enough to see him show up.

The area immediately after the demons is the original Firelink Shrine.

Well, Gael and Lapp can take about 50 meteors to the head and only lose about 10% HP so they have a bit of an unfair advantage.

I don't know if it's this game or if it's me who's becoming a really salty bitch but I'm not enjoying this in the slightest. I'm no stranger to being stuck on something for hours but everything here just ticks me off immediately. The angels shooting a million projectiles at you, those stupid fat fucks and their retarded AI who can't seem to make up their minds if they want to fight or go back to patrol, those little faggots who can't open a pickle jar but can still shove a grown ass man in full body armor, ninja turtle clerics who can't see you but fuck it! aggro is go, those ridiculous knights who look like they were designed by Miyazaki's 15 year old nephew (the same who designed black skeletons with dual katanas when he was 8 or something), giant autists that kill you with their imagination and if all that shit wasn't enough, you get bosses with more HP than fuckin' Laurence and fuck huge areas so you can spend half the fight chasing them and the other is a gank against Painted World guardians for no reason plus a manlet in a dress with a katana straight out of DMC.
I feel like the autism is the only thing keeping me. Does anyone have "sessions" like this, where every stupid little encounter has you cussing like a sailor and wondering why you're putting up with this shit?

Forgive the faggy blog post.

If you kill the old woman at the beginning of the DLC she says she hopes she sees an angel then one of those enemies shows up. :^)

It's because armor actually fucking does something with them rather than the shitty focus on fashion over having working armor in the sense that "so long as you have armor on you take less damage, but the thinnest cloth blocks almost as much damage that armor made of concrete encased by 2cm thick sheets of steel does".
3 feels like they completely forgot what made people love the series and bought the 'le ebik difficult' marketing that they shat out for the release of 2. It's the only way I can describe how so much of it feels like it should Bloodborne and how much of it is nothing but shitty idea on shitty idea.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Not only that, the fire has grown larger.

Something tells me you played offline

yeah it's called playing dark souls 3

Why did people ever complain about bonfire being the level up lady? As far as every other game goes, there's just more time to level up, it's, for all intents and purposes, the exact same system. There's just a lady to spout lore at you in small bits. She should have been there just to keep the fire, and be mostly off to the side.

Because the Maiden in Black was was 10/10 and story-relevant instead of 'some dumb asshole' like in 2 and 3.

Blame the DeS people who whined about DaS not having more things from it. At least with Demon's Souls it made sense as MiB was actually used for more than 'here is a level up and maybe an ending if we feel like doing anything with her'. Leveling up at any bonfire and being able to customize specific bonfires was a fuckload better than the 'you have to travel back to the hub every time you want to have more estus and it's leveled up for every area meaning you either have a lot of charges in areas you don't need or not enough in areas you do need' they did with 2 and 3.

…only useful because you revisited areas because the worldmap was complex and interconnected. Upgrading the Undead Burg bonfire helped out in the Parish, the Burg itself, the Lower Burg, and maybe Darkroot if you start exploring from that direction, as well as for the bosses in a few of those areas. If you were able to upgrade, say, the last bonfire in Drangleic Castle, it would be useful for Looking Glass Knight and then never be useful again. Ditto if you upgraded basically any bonfire in 3.

But in Dark there was a fucking story relevant character already, their names were: EVERYONE IN THE FUCKING GAME
Kathe and Frampt basically played the role of the lore man who tells you how shit be, and everything else is just speculation that you don't have to think much about because if you read the items it basically spells out the plot for you.
Speaking of, I read the description of the demon prince soul, and it implied in a way that demons do what the humans did for the gods, they linked their own fire with their own bodies; in the same way that the light soul allowed for the age of fire and was kindled through humanity, demons were trying to stay alive due to the chaos witches making a faux first flame, and were kindling it with their own bodies. Since nito was the death soul lord, and he was the head of all skeletons, I figured that the tree branches on the skeletons was some sort of parallel, like skeletons are working to satisfy the demons, just like the humans satisfied the gods with their soul.
Maybe that will be totally wrong by the end of this, but that's just a theory,
A GAY THEORY

The problem with bonfires in 2 and 3 is the levels don't loop back on themselves enough since they'd rather just give you 3 more bonfires.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. 2 was decent with bonfire in some areas (FoFG only really needed to have 2) but they threw away that design idea pretty fast.

Which do you guys enjoy? I haven't managed to try all of them.

I just wish I could go back and enjoy 1.

What should I offhand for my Ludwig cosplay ?
I feel like Sniper Crossbow with Exploding Bolts would be best but I ran through the game so fast I might have fucked Greirats quest, not sure if its completed AFTER clearing the areas he goes too.

I think Fire Surge might be nice as well, because the Church built the Flamethrowers and the Rosmarius.
Also managed to get this screenshot of what-ever-the-fuck that things is, standing in a rather odd way.

I could say some bs like I refuse to goy for Sony but truth is that this left me in a extremely foul mood, I don't want to bother with anything related to multiplayer, especially being featured in some ebin peebeepee montage. I put a sign for co-op and somehow invaded some guy in the church and after that went offline.

In the previous games, you'd still get some sense of accomplishment. I was stuck on Fume Knight for almost a week but I made it a point to solo him and I did and it was great. Here it's a constant "thank goodness I'm done with this shit".

Use the paired UGS before they get nerfed. Those things are ridiculous.
I maxed the halberd and the fire curved sword and I never use them because they're crap.
With my paladin, I just maxed older weapons instead (Morne's and Earth Seeker).

And there's a hammer that's supposedly the new chicken wings. You get it from Coldsteel the Silver Knight; seriously, from the weapon's description, this is OC tier - friend of Havel and the giants, uses a weapon somehow heavier and stronger than Dragon Tooth. I'm expecting a Vaati video about him being a son of Gwyn.

Anyway, to see something actually positive, I like the +3 rings because they spare people the pain of playing all the way to NG++ for them. The locusts are great but I don't think they fit this game; someone mentioned From making a CV-esque game (CV has a boss that looks a lot like them, no coincidence since Abaddon is the angel of the abyss and commands locusts) and these seem they'd be at home there or in Bloodborne's Nightmare of Mensis.

I implore you to try the skull knight build I did, gather all the skull like armor you can, and use straight swords with the silver eagle kite shield, get the ringed knight straight sword when you can, and make it a near quality build of 30/10/25/25/40/30/9/9/7

From what I remember, Greirat will clear an area you send him to when you kill any boss in your world.

I've been using the UGS and Gael's sword. They're really fun, but I want to use something else.

That sounds fun, I haven't used straight swords at all.

is the Farron Greatsword badass after the buff?

SS is very fun, albeit very annoying for R1 spam, but just mix it up with r2s and you should be good.

R1 spam isn't that good anymore, is it? You can just roll out after the first 2 hits.
Either way, I wish some weapon types were more fun outside of their niche. I want to like daggers but they're mostly pretty bad from what I've seen. Also rapiers but I don't want to use the Estoc and poke. Plus, I feel like STR weapons dominate right now.

Maybe I'll make a really low level invader and use gimmick weapons.

I think it's still king, at least for PvE. Even though I respeced my character from Quality/FTH to STR/FTH, the Sunlight SS still feels reliable because of R1 spam and stamina costs, giving it really good DPS. I ended up using it against Midir in the bridge fight.
Walmart's Holy Sword seems the ideal weapon for a Paladin build though. Just had my first rounds with Gael and it seems like the weapon I'll have to use.

So…Gael. Would have been fun if his HP wasn't so absurdly long. Definitely a major improvement over every other boss in the DLC. Even with all the crap, does kinda feels like you'll eventually learn the fight unlike the others that are just bullshit. That said, I'm only disappointed that his line in the 2nd phase isn't "So this is the power of anime."

And what's the deal with Filianore's egg? Is that some sort of countdown of the world?

And here I was all rump roasted thinking this fight is hard or something.

A lot of things are more viable in PvE than PvP, so eh.

I really enjoyed Gael's fight, even if it took me a little to get into the rhythm. He reminded me a lot of the trouble I had with Artorias, but that was fun as well. Overall I liked most of the bosses, save for Midir until I finally understood what to do.

So has anyone gotten to that hidden area by the drop to the earthen peak bonfire? There's a fucking item there and I bet its a weapon, but I just don't know how to reach it, I thought I was on to something by the fountain but it took me to Greater Soul Dreg, which is cool and all but does me jack and squat.

I'm pretty sure Fillianore is acting as the seal on the ringed city, her dreaming keeps the entire place right on the cusp of collapse because it's at the literal End of the World, think of it as Milliways where she's acting as the engine to keep things at its height. As soon as she wakes up the seal is broken and they're flung from when they were sealed to heat death of the universe where the lights are going out.

>Times Summoned by Darkmoon Covenant: 0

I'm sure glad From decided not to patch this covenant at all. There's clearly nothing at all wrong with it.

You're not paying much attention. The pilgrims eventually gestate into Grotesque Londor Growers, which spawn horrible abyss monster wasp-angels by osmosis. The entire Angelic faith was a gigantic dark heresy related by literal Londor agents into the corrupted Way of White sect that would become the Cathedral of the Deep; note the pilgrim statues throughout the entire structure and the statues of clerics consumed by hideous dark masses taking a vaguely avian shape, and also the reliefs of sables. As in, the weasels for which the color black is named is named in European heraldry, and the namesake of the Sable Church. The Angelic faith and the Cathedral of the Deep are one and the same in source, and that source is LONDOR.

Locusts are abyss shills of a similar gluttonous temperament to serpents and born of the Dark. Aldrich' manspiders are curse-spewing abominations especially touched by the Dark. Gnawing insects of the Deep are born of the Dark. The pilgrim butterflies are vaguely insectile and are born of dark seedbed pilgrims, and Angels are a more developed form of the butterflies that are terrifying screaming waspmen with mostly missing faces and dangling tree-root tentacles. All form a cohesive imagery of the Dark being a horrible entropic place full of the worst inner parts of Man and things yet worse, with a very slight range of peaceful patches where things are cold and gentle. And as always, the Dark wreathes itself in false messianic imagery to seduce the guileless, then proceeds to ruin everything in the Angels. It's pottery.

The thin strand of light? The flame being on some level or at some point usurped at the time of the Dreg Heap regardless of player choice? FAI being neutral in the application of light & dark miracles regardless of ideological intent? Style over substance? The hackery of Miyazaki is convoluted, and the veneer of light imagery over the angels is a deception anyways, so it doesn't matter too much.

Anything else I should check out before uninstalling this boring ass pirated game from my pc?

It works as intended, ie it fucking works when someone uses the summon covenant. It would be a lot better if it worked as soon as someone invades, if someone's in for more than 4 minutes or something a blade of the dark moon is sent to hunt them down.

There you go Miyazaki I just finished your janky ass fucking covenant

There. Not only do you not have to touch the Way of Blue - Blue Sentinel mechanics, you get to possibly include everyone who's hollowing and embered as a possible person to invade to try to justify going hollow for more than just the Dark Hand and the Untrue Dark Ring, have BoTD work as they did in the first game by including sin with some sort of way to report them for invasions , or you get to show the fact that those who were in BoTD would be pretty fucking upset that Aldrich is literally eating the old leader of the covenant (which is "shown" by the fact that they get dual ears from Aldrich Faithful members, but they seemingly never show up for auto invasions). It would be nice to have a mix of them, but knowing how From handled Watchdogs of Farron, they wouldn't be able to do one without fucking up horribly.

From isn't smart enough to add shit like that. They'd nullify thirty things in the process of fixing one.

Entirely why I expect them to fuck it up horribly. I'm still upset Mound Makers had to abuse a glitch (that was patched out quickly because it was actually interesting if annoying for people trying to kill the boss) just to be able to get into the boss room, even though they should have been able to do it from the fucking start.

While we're bullshitting, I want to mention that the swordspear should have handled like a trick weapon; the one hand mode should have been like a greatsword in the straight sword stance, and the two handed should act like the glaive/halberd shit does, or like the lance

Having trick weapons in the game would have made weapons more varied and thus made the game slightly interesting. We can't have that. It would be nice to see though, since some weapons seem like they'd be alright with that added.

I think they were holding back on doing that with weapon arts. Most of the weapon arts seem like, "How can we capture BB trick weapon skills without making trick weapons?"

I just wish they didn't lose all damage when you ran out of mana. I really wish mana refill didn't require you to lose your esuts charges.

I'm fine with the idea that the Pilgrim Butterflies are pretending to be angels however that doesn't mean they are plus the fact we actually find, fight and kill humanoid/god race enemies that resemble angels more than the Pilgrim Butterflies. For a start the Winged Knights have feathered wings, Gertrude cage has feathers who is the daughter of the queen and Prince Lothric and Prince Lorian who are of the old royalty bloodline have feathers all over their bed chamber. The angels and the angelic faith are not some deceptive plot solely created by agents of Londor, we have in game confirmation that the angels are the real deal and not the Pilgrim Butterflies. Hell even Dark Lurker and the angel statue in Iron Keep are closer to angels in design than the Pilgrim Butterflies.

Darkeater Midir is hard? You just cast pestilent mercury and sit there with tears of denial and you will never lose.

Contra is hard? You just use the Konami code and you will never lose.

no one was surprised.