Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition announced

nichegamer.com/2017/03/28/planescape-torment-enhanced-edition-announced-for-pc-mac-linux-and-mobile/

Wow goys, get hype! I can't wait to play the classic everyone said was good with new updated graphics! Chris Avellone is involved, so it must be even better!

Other urls found in this thread:

wischik.com/lu/senses/pst-book.html
archive.is/Bv0s5#selection-487.99-487.115
beamdog.com/planescape_faq
gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start
bootstrike.com/Torment/Online/tti4.php
torment.sorcerers.net/unovel/html/trmnt054.shtml
gibberlings3.net/widescreen/
gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide
torment.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_(PS:T)#Fist_Weapons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit, look at all these new updated graphics!

This is some fucking black magic, I don't know how it's possible to increase the resolution quality of pre-rendered images, but they did it.

Holy shit, these graphics are so amazing that I'm going to by *2* copies when it comes out.

Fuck beamdog, holy shit.

jihad when?

How is anyone this incompetent?

So they've done fucking nothing then?

Planescape Tumblrment

Check your privilege, shitlord.

Some day these people will swing from the end of a rope

Please tell me Jim Cummings didnt do that, please please please

Wasn't this in the original too? I kind of remember the original being a bit degenerate too.

Counting down the seconds to the reveal that there is an added incarnation to the base game where The Nameless One identified as a woman.

Looking forward to this trainwreck especially with perpetually butthurt manchild Gayder involved in this garbage fire.

It's real

How does one change the nature of a retard?

I have food poisoning, throwing up at the drop of a hat and somehow this is the most sick I've felt all day.

I don't know satan. I really don't.

Nice thumbnail.

Its big enough

For you.

Waifus aren't real and your shitty dragon gets naked for the viewers and was dicked countless times considering her lifespan.

Beamdog go and stay go.

jones on you, she's not my actual waifu.

I don't want the health vitality merchant on top of me.

mark pls go and stay go you fat jewish faggot

WEW

This game had better not be problematic or something

OMG The Escapist(tm) gave this game a high rating????

PRE-ORDERING MY COPY AND GETTING MY EXCLUSIVE 4K RESOLUTION PLANESCAPE DESKTOP BACKGROUND PACK TODAY!!!

Avellone is probably digging a grave to turn in it

Nah, he'll be "genderless" and it's up to the player to decide on their own gender.

Just read the novel instead, it's more enjoyable than playing PST.

wischik.com/lu/senses/pst-book.html

I wonder if they just ripped code from GemRB and slapped in some needless and redundant changes here and there.

wheres the punchline

>a bunch of cucks are going to molest my fondest memories from middle school besides jacking it in the womens changing room between PE classes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Again with those thick black outlines on your cartoony shitty characters. This is garbage. Also look at the frame rates. It's shit. Shitty shit shit shit shitty shit. Fucking waste of effort.

Yeah? Well, you better prepare for positive threads on this shit a few months down the line.

Fuckoff Brandon

I knew it was you kike
Dragon Maid is shite

Faggots insisting people call them 'they' or 'themsleves' etc are just trying to sound like they're more than one person when people talk about them, or else want to give off the air they're in some position of reverence.

That thing is utterly humourless, it's just preachy and ironically, preachy about how being a tranny is cool.

"Thanks to mah ex-bro's indoctrination into how mental illness should be overlooked, they've decided to lie to themselves and everyone else too because they're scared of relationships with other people yo!"

We need bullying, not just bringing back but encouraging, there's too many asses gone unkicked as it is.

Shouldn't you be posting this shtick in the mass effect thread?

You know what? I grew up playing Dungeons & Dragons CRPGs as a kid, and I don't want them to remake the ones that I grew up playing. Because they can't just be content with updating the engine and being done with it. They think "you know this game was good for the 1990s, but this is the current year… We need to make this progressive!"

Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Eye of the Beholder, Menzoberranzan .. just leave the games I grew up playing alone, if I really thought I *needed* a fucking "enhanced" version, I'd make my own Engine port. Hell, a lot of those games have seen recreation by fans in engines like Grimrock 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, etc.

What video games don't need is "updating" their content to reflect "the modern world."

Dear god, don't remind me.

honest question, what western RPGs have these subhuman tumblr secondaries not infested at this point?

Please stop

Ravenloft, Dark Sun, some game based on Ali Baba… Warhammer 40k seems to be pretty neutral still.

None, really. There are some slav games coming out that don't appear to be infested yet but we'll see how they turn out. The lead of Kingdom Come: Deliverance seems like a real shitlord, but whether the game is any good remains to be seen.
I don't have the full pic that gets posted often of his glorious shit talking, but someone here will have it.

every game made befor 2006 will get an remake - enhanced version to be more political correct

By now I might as well say it's my job to shill for Vavra.

Hope the game isn't trash.

Ravenloft getting the Twilight treatment.
Dark Sun has all slavers white.
The horror.
The horror.

Planescape was always le progressive and diverse - diversity is what defined the Planescape setting. It was like that long before first SJWs were born.

It's not le progressive. Sigil just happens to be the one point connecting all planes and people/stuff from everywhere ends up there, whether they want it or not.

Eastern europeans just look upon sjws with the same contempt that your grandfather has.

Sigil is also a complete shithole. The only reason it hasn't descended into complete anarchy is because no one dares to fuck with the Lady of Pain.

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT GOING TO WORK?

Poorly

umaru a SHIT
A SHIT!!!

How many other older crpgs do you think will get the "enhanced" treatment?
The Troika games are safe, right?

all of them until there is nothing left
welcome to the current year

Arcanum might be niche enough to slip by. If i didn't know any better I'd assume these fuckers are now going after things we like out of spite.

It's the right side of history mentality. Everything that wasn't right enough needs to get remade into the correct right, so that it may be remembered only as the right right and not the wrong right.

pics very much related

archive.is/Bv0s5#selection-487.99-487.115

fuck off shill

Arcanum features too many instance of shitlords acting like shitlords for Beamdog to survive the conversion without ending in psychiatric care.

That was always the case though.

If they do get their hands on it we can kiss good bye to fucking the rich halfling for a key, convincing a maid to become a whore and letting your character work in the brothel for extra cash. Hell, they'd probably change the building into some sort of cafe or some stupid shit like that.

You can listen to their poetry slam performance instead of fucking prostitutes.

Then again, they can always pay that faggot modder to port his shit mod that features that Mary Sue feminist librarian and covers up the female characters so they don't show too much skin.

If he kept that engineering job he could just pay other people to make his dream come true. Engineers make like six figures if they know what they're doing. Fucking faggot.

I really couldnt play this game.
I love good stories and dialogue, but this game is 100% reading. There's no gameplay and the dialogue isn't spoken, it's just written, so it's not a game, it's a fucking book.

I'm pretty sure you're shitposting, but just in case: All they did was make a copy of the pre-rendered video, stretch it to 16:9, blur it, and then put it behind the original pre-rendered video. Unless you meant something else, and I'm just not getting it.

Motherfucker. I actually liked this comic somewhat too.

Especially that sidequest. I remember, years ago, seeing trigger warnings in FAQs for it.
I know, I wanted to see if there really was no way to make the gnomes pay.

Define "updates".
Story telling? Combat mechanics? Dialogue trees?

They won't do Arcanum because it's already still buggy, and they'll just break it more.

Make the gnomes pay for what? You didn't see anything but a run down shed and some chicken wire.

Seriously some bullshit. I know they were going for the whole xfiles thing, but it's still super unsatisfying, there's a reason why Lost sucked so much.

Did you turn in the journal to the press?
It just makes it hurt more.

It's easy money.
Take an old game, "polish" it up and do it way worse then what fans have been doing for the past decade+, and add a little bit of yourself into it, so you can claim that you had to "work" to update it and that you deserve payment for desecrateing a classic.

Since I'm already here I might as well use this thread for a question that has been bugging me since I played PS:T for the first time: why is that the Nameless One no longer is losing his memories when he dies? I have heard that it's because now he has a journal, but that's retarded, that's saying all this time he didn't get the idea to write down things on paper. It is also explained that his personality changes after every death, that he basically becomes a new person, but that never happens, you only get to create your character when you start a new game. Or is it that he only loses his memory if he dies in a particularly traumatic way?

It's a point&click adventure made in a RPG engine, and it's as shit as it sounds. Tons of time wasted on walking around, pointlessly boring battles (what's the point of fighting if you are literally immortal) and useless stats, spells and items. Watch a YouTube playthrough for the story.

You mean (((gnomes)))

What a piece of shit. Hard mode is being a child in a warzone and losing your parents. Being called a moron for quitting your engineering job to make a Dreamcast and Ouya game that looks like something put together by a teenager is not hard-mode.

FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBL==FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
RSHOT==
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT

HOW DO THESE OBVIOUS SCAMS ALWAYS MAKE SO MUCH MONEY
HOW IS THIS LEGAL

a good 2/3 or more of it is money laundering.

FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMB==FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
LRSHOT==
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT

It's explained that one of his incarnations did some magic ritual which caused him to no longer lose his memories. Of course, it only took effect on the next incarnation rather than the current one.

In all the pics I've seen him he seems to have a lazy eye/glass eye

Oh, one more thing about Arcanum.

oh shit no

pls no

Search your feelings, you know it will be true.

if they ever redid VTMB it would just be a Bioshock knockoff where you get deep emotional choices like "bite this little girl's neck" or "don't bite this little girl's neck".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>what is a man
>what is a woman
>what is a human
>what is a xir/xer

Glad I bought the game off of GoG already and added it to my backup drive. Because knowing beamdog once their "improvements" have been made the original will become haram and outlawed.

The Genderless One

Well, he is one of many.
TWIST!

Honestly, I don't see why fans don't just make their own Vampire based roleplaying game. White Wolf was fucking retarded to base all of their games on ethnic cultures.

Vampires = Italian
Mages = German
Werewolves = American Indians
Demons = Hindu
Hunters = British
Fae = Irish
Mummy = Egyptian

There's other White Wolf games, sure, but the point is World of Darkness was created stupid. Considering the most iconic Vampire legends came from Romania, wouldn't it make more sense to use Romania as the basis of a Vampire game?

Instead we use the fucking bible to explain our Vampire game. So ridiculous.

Aren't these the same devs that made the SJW
"enhancement" for Baldur's Gate? God, you sure seem like an overly optimistic redditor.

Would be pretty cool to see a version based on slavic lore

Some of the lore is fantastic though. Pic related, I want a spin-off game based on this hardcore motherfucker

Predictions:

I hate to defend beamdog but as I recall from the last shitstorm he kind of got caught off-guard by the politics of it. He said he had no idea what the "ethics in adventuring" line was about and thought it was just something random someone on the team cooked up. I think that line was cut from the game as well.

It seemed like it was someone on the team and not him personally that was pulling the bullshit. I think he defended them though so I'm not banking on the guy standing up to the preachy socjus shit and refusing to change the game

i fucken hate beamdog

Full on walking tent you oppressive shitlord.

We could tell by your shit taste in waifus.

That last quote was him giving his stamp of approval.
Capitalism killed CRPGs with Bethesda's cancer.
Communism killed CRPGs with Social Justice.

The correct answer is to never pay for video games.

When I first played it I assumed this was just a part of the limitations of actually playing the game and that the in universe explanation is that you read your journal after each death. Therefore the different versions of you who act differently were just those who didn't have a journal for whatever reason upon resurrecting eg. someone looted off his body.

I think the thing about his personality changing is very interesting, because how much is your personality determined by your birth and how much by your experience. Will the rebirthed version that reads the journal of the previous existence still have the same personality? etc.

Very curious about this. There seems to be mixed opinions online. Would you be able to tell me more about the memory where TNO gets this spell cast on him to keep his memory? Or where you find this memory in game so I can go find it myself?

So what are you, then? Anarchist?

beamdog.com/planescape_faq

That said, the changelog doesn't actually seem to be that bad though it would grate on my conscience if I ever did end up buying this

Wh40k is no longer neutral. DoW3 has a niggerbitchlesbo main character.

I am a gamer. B)

is this the resident goon thread?

It doesn't sound so bad at face value, but given the history of remakes in general, to say nothing of Beamdog's track record, This still doesn't inspire confidence.

Chris is making edits to the text, he is a SJW

It sounds more like they're too lazy to SJW it up rather then them respecting the source material. Even when they're doing damage control they let their true colours spill.

How easy does Planescape run on a modern system? There's a gog version so this will be more dead on arrival then people might anticipate.

I'll just keep playing the original in GemRB.

gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start

There are a few engineering fields in which you do, like a patroleum engineer or a nuclear engineer, and there are fields in which you could be making sub 70k, like civic engineers.

GOG version should run fine in Windows. For Linux, you can try the Wine based "port" from GOG, or run it natively in Gemrb.

The 2nd video game crash is the only salvation.

Their laziness is probably the best case scenario. What bugs me is that it says they didn't make any edits or additions other than the edits and additions Avellone made. Which means it was fucking edited.

Truly there are no heroes left in the imperium of man…

Oh fuck no. I need my malk to remind Yukie that she's lucky the shark wasn't a tentacle monster.

Hey cakeboy, if you're still around, maybe have a word with Jim or whoever about removing those page bottom "modeling" ads that cropped up today. I'm not about to click one to verify where it goes, but I can assume the worst from them, given the thread Holla Forums seems to get spammed with every morning advertising the same/similar.

>sites the fucking IBERIAN Moors
Fuck niggers.

I think it was explained somewhere in game that he only loses his memories when the Shades kill him. You know, those monsters formed when someone else in the multiverse dies in his place.

Might have been in the Nameless One's tomb, in fact.

Be your own hero user

The Emperor protects.

He's being sarcastic.

Salt is the answer. Copious amounts of salt.

That belief shit doesn't fly when a retard believes in nothing.

money laundering.

I figured it out, most of these people are scumbags who suck dick. They're criminals who owe favors to the mafia or some shit or they're laundering money independantly.

Someone post the "I am a gamer" manifesto pic my sides have recently been repaired and are in need of fresh splitting.

GW is cucked. I'm surprised they didn't force streumon studios to include a Leslie-Jones-inspired watermelon-armored terminator in Space Hulk. Shrieking "Oh heyyyyal naw shuggga" as rending claws tear into her rinds.

Well, if beamdog is going to current yearise a game, I'd rather they picked a tremendously overrated game to begin with.

I remember reading how Fig was supposedly a money laundering scheme for cartels or some shit.

Nope.

bootstrike.com/Torment/Online/tti4.php
>torment.sorcerers.net/unovel/html/trmnt054.shtml
He says that only after THREE MORE DEATHS, THREE MORE LIVES will I gain the benefit of keeping my memories, but that I, MYSELF, I will DIE when I die. DIE! How can one be immortal and still DIE?! He could not answer, so he was of NO USE. I BUTCHERED him so that no other incarnation will ever benefit from his USELESSNESS.

Motherfucker do you know why Romania is named Romania?

With the widescreen and UI mod you don't even need a fucking Enhanced Edition for this game. Unlike Baldur's Gate or some of the other Infinity Engine type stuff Torment never needed an enhanced edition at all.

I didn't find Jim Cummings being in the credits for Siege of Dragonspear.

Make an edit of "that really updated my journal" meme.

BEAMDOG "ENHANCED EDITION" TODO LIST

Am I missing something?

You forgot to add that it starts on easy by default which makes it literally impossible to die.

Don't forget some trigger warnings at the beginning of the game

Uh…

You missed one big thing.

Fuck you, don't you remind me of Project Vaulderie.

Yes, you missed this.

Have you ever played the original, user?

I wish it was easier to play the alignment you want in the original. I wanted to role-play a guy who was lawful evil but it felt like all the choices pushed you towards chaotic evil. The part where you trick that guy preaching about the afterlife into agreeing to kill himself making my alignment shift from neutral to CE was the straw that broke(U+200B was here)and made me drop the game. Making a guy follow through on an unfair verbal contract is definitely LE.

I miss when /v wasn't /pol video games.

FTFY. This is how you fit in this board better.

source?

You can always go back to halfchan or make your own board. Nobody is keeping you here,Holla Forums.

Weren't moors just regular muslims?
Blacks were subsaharian and only few of them make it to Europe.

That's Beamdogs entire business model.

I told you I'm going to get my hands on P:T.

This is exactly it. It's basically Singapore, where minor shit gets you mauled or murdered either by the residents or the Lady. Libcucks naturally do not grasp this.

Mark my words, in 20 years or so people will be saying that it was Beamdog who made Torment.

Not if gas chambers come back in style.

Try 5.

Try now
It's easy to change history and I bet if I went to wikipedia and changed all the dates and the publishers, noone would notice.

"Aye, I did not like him, but he was still my pa… he took me off the street when i was but a wee lad… aye, I used to be a lad…"
1) You are a very brave person.
2) Your father must have been proud of you.
3) Thank you for sharing your story with me.
4) Let's talk about something else.

Decided to knock this game off my backlog before Beamdog rapes it. Been really enjoying it.

This thread reminded me of some of this music, some of the soundtrack was amazing

Its a great story/CYOA type thing, but with unfortunately shit combat.

I hope you you rolled a high-wisdom nameless one

Thankfully the combat is rare and ends quickly.

in 20 years no one will know what Planescape or Beamdog is.

WotC already doesn't know.

I don't mind the combat. Simulated dice rolls. I would prefer something turn-based like with Fallout but it serves the purpose.

Only if suicide is legal.

We can only hope, user.

These people who hate themselves so much they talk shit like this really should just kill themselves.

Wasn't she laid off or quit after the trans disaster?

FOR FUCKS SAKE STOP IT

It wasn't a trans disaster; it was the overall amateurish quality of her writing and the complete overhaul of established lore and character personalities to make some kind of political point and 1-up a group of bigots that she invented in her head. But, aside from all that, her departure from the company probably had more to do with her ability to work well with others in an office setting. That's almost a guarantee.

What magical fairytale land is this where such things happen?

Well, by the time that the game came out and the shitstorm was happening on the internet, Beamdog was already telling people that she had parted ways with the company. This leads me to believe that she probably had a contract that ended before the release date and that Beamdog had already decided they would never renew it. I'm just guessing but it's probably more because of attitude and personality than of talent.

That makes sense then. Getting rid of somebody with a temp contract is much easier than getting rid of permanently employed diversity.

omg kotakkku, so deep

They got the second pic by taking the first pic, centering it, duplicating it, cutting it in half vertically, putting it over the black bars, and fading them.

JUST

Isn't that just one of those shitty iphone filters?

This is gonna be some torment alright

I have to imagine if this is what happened with King Currynigger from Bioware when he got "fired" or left the company when it became super fucking obvious to normalfaggots that Andromeda was going to be dumpster fire. They didn't announce his departure or anything, he just quietly left.

I heard that's exactly what happened.

I figure as such. I posted this in the Mass Effect cycle thread, but it bears posting once more that companies like these have a high turn-over rate and are horrible to work with. And since Beamdog was spawned from Bioware, its no surprise they'd have the exact problem.

It's something you see in leftist environments all the time. It's pretty obvious why communities that value freedom of speech inevitably become right wing. Leftists are simply incapable of tolerating diversity of opinions and value their hugbox more than they value skill and talent.

People like to blame EA for all of BioWare's ills, but it's pretty obvious the corporate culture at BioWare was always shit. Gayder didn't suddenly become a cunt that routinely shat on his costumers when they dared give constructive criticism concerning his writing. You don't hire Hamburger Helper by mere coincidence, and you certainly do not make ME:A by mistake.

And we can see the pattern repeat time and again, across multiple devs separated by genre and geography. The only unifying trait is their ideological allegiance to leftism and it always ends up creating an environment that does not foster making quality games and actively encourages the developers to act like complete cunts to everyone.

This is why libtards lost the Spanish Civil War. Anarchists and commies couldnt see eye to eye and Spain was ripe for fascists to take over as result.

And all the better for it.

Do people still fall for the "Enhanced Edition" scam? Between that and the money grubbing DLC bullshit, gaming is on life support.

wow! and here I was thinking that graphics did not matter or correspond with how good a game is!

Pfffttt as if the target audience care for this sort of thing.

it might not be all bad. when they got the contract to "remaster" BG1 and 2, they actually had to sign that they would not change any of the writing. that's why even BGEE still has good writing and doesn't have a single piece of virtue-signaling trash in it, and why the difference in dragonspear was so noticeable - since it was an original story they were free to make it as bad as they wanted, but the originals were contractually required to be untouched (they could only add optional characters like the shit-ass seething edgelord in the friendly arm inn)

Read:

and weep.

i take it back. no hope left for man etc

You're mistaken.

It was stll "diverse" but in the same sense that instead of having a party of mages, thieves, clerics and fighters go slay the goblin king, you have a tiefling godsman, a baiur transcendent, and a githyanki psionic go fuck up a yugoloth's rival poet's debut. You were weird for weirdness sake. Transgender meant Tzimisce's flesh crafting themselves into androgynous angle-monsters, not patchy bearded sapiosexual demigirls.

I was there, it was different. A lot more ankh earrings, eyeliner and platform boots too.

Yep, just like BGEE you can actually mod the original and make it better. Impressive work Beamdog.

You guys seem to forget that this is the guy who wrote, AND defended the Cook-cook rape story in Fallout:NV when SJW's attacked him for it.. I know a lot can happen in the amount of years that have passed, but for someone to get kicked out of what Obsidian had become, and for all of his related work to get removed from PoE, there must be something about him that still triggers SJWs I don't have perfect faith, but unless someone actually posts some damning evidence he is SJW instead of just circlejerking with your tears as lube all the fucking time, I might actually believe it myself.. For the moment I'm just skeptical, but convinced he was and still is leagues better than fucking bioware.

Elaborate on that cook rape story user? I am not familiar with that.

So it was the good kind of diversity, where it wasn't a cliched european fantasy and had some really batshit elements?

I can't find the fucking source but I remember reading it with my very eyes. The writers were Josh Sawyer and Avellone so it could have been either one of the two in fairness..

Essentially, the writer whichever one of them it was wrote some sidestory in Fallout New Vegas about a guy called cook-cook who rapes his victims, and ended up raping some NCR soldier you get talking to. Of course, despite it being story building etc, some SJWs got triggered and wanted it removed, to which the writer promptly told them that it was in the interest of the story and if they had a problem with that then they shouldn't be playing the game something along those lines anyway..

No it's exactly the same as the first one but instead of a black border it's just a blurred copy of the picture's edges.

It wasn't Avellone in that particular incident but Sawyer pre-cuckening.

Hopefully, Sawyer and Obsidian in general learned a lot from the shit that's PoE 1 and turn PoE 2 into something great.

So far, from what they've been showing, it looks pretty nice and I can't wait to pirate it

All I wanted was the EXACT FUCKING GAME only optimised for modern hardware and software.
You know, widescreen EAX stuff like that.

But they couldn't even do that, could they? They just had to go full George Lucas.

What's the fucking point of even remastering anything? I know it's for shekels, but seriously just play the original faggots

There is a constantly-growing crowd of geek-chic hipsters who watch the Big Bang Theory and they know nothing of these old games/shows/movies that "geeks" tend to be fans of. So often, they aren't even aware a game exists until the EE is released and they will impulse buy it because it is a new thing to them but, at the same time, it gives them instant geek cred by putting another piece of useless knowledge under their belt. Now they can give up in frustration when they can't figure out how to leave the mortuary and have fresh ammo in the form of first-hand experience when they go on the internet and argue how modern Bethesda and Bioware have improved the RPG genre in every way.

Just turn on adblock

I hate the fact there's basically only one 'right' way to play the game; pump WIS and INT and preferably some CHA as well. PS:T has the best characters and dialogue of any game I've played but the gameplay and some of the design choices (like music cutting and resetting whenever a random thug spots you or when you dare to use a menu) are so awful I couldn't possibly think of PS:T as a 'great' game.

I didn't like the combat mostly because there were no keyboard shortcuts IIRC. You had to right click and open that little menu everytime you wanted to cast spells and shit. Perhaps it actually had shortcuts and I was just too dumb to realize back then, but I really didn't like this system

PST is basically a VN. I couldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't like story and reading.

Only to people who've played it before. To people who've never played PS:T before and don't know what's under the fog, PS:T is considerably more combat heavy than most who played it a decade and a half ago realise because on multiple playthroughs you know exactly where you're going and how to avoid combat encounters. I love story and reading, but PS:T is not all story and reading, not by a longshot, and the considerable number of codexians who try to characterise it as such are being unwittingly disingenuous. First playthroughs of PS:T are an utter slog intermittently punctuated by moments of pure delight; but I can't rate a game as great based purely on those moments, nor can I recommend it to others on the basis that it's better the 2nd or 3rd time through and that they have to use a specific character build to get any of those moments at all.

I guess it depends how you play. I always have my right hand on the mouse and my left hand ready to hit spacebar. I play as if it were Baldur's Gate, giving orders to each character in pause.

Alright so the Devs confirmed that they'd only fix typos/error and change nothing else all under the watch of Avellone. They won't add shitty borderline tier fanfic content and wont change the story at all.
So good, too bad they still have the shitty black border shit around characters.
Guess they learned after the whole shitfest they started.

Oh never mind, the shitty black borders can be turned off as well.

You sure?

Well fuck. This is what the devs said:

I really fucking hope this is remains true.

It truly doesn't matter. You can still play the original version.

True, but having a version that doesn't require fucking around to get it working good would be nice too, not that it's hard but the game has shit like flickering FoW when scrolling which is a pain. I'm gonna pirate it and wait for a mod that will restore the script as it was, with typos and all if the story gets pozzed.

I'm playing the game for the first time now. I haven't noticed flickering while scrolling or any problems. Some older games have weird compatibility issues that require you to download some .dll or something. This is one of the smoothest I've played. Just get the original.

I got that .dll. As far as I know it depends on the type of screen you have. Aside from that it works fine as I've played through it for five times now.

t. all me

I'm glad because the original doesn't seem to work on modern systems. At least not on any of my computers. Works fine until someone casts a spell and FPS drops to below 1. I actually finished the game that way. Kind of made a few bigger battles annoying.

Most 10+ year old games require a little bit of googling and downloading of third-party crap before you can play it. Only if you buy the game off of someplace like steam. I've never seen these kinds of issues with games that I pirate, or even ones I bought off of gog. That may be why Planescape just worked for me without anything extra. I got it on gog. But then, it could be my monitor, too.

For a while, I thought these games come with these issues simply because the distributors don't give a shit. Now I'm wondering if they see it as beneficial to leave these games riddled with compatibility issues to deter people from buying old games until an enhanced edition is out. I mean most of these problems are stupid and could be automatically fixed by the installer if they wanted to take the time.

Still a nu-male. Big chance it'll be shit.

gibberlings3.net/widescreen/

there are also other mods too user
gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide

Stop being such a retard. "Enhanced Edition" is basically just paying for these idiots to install mods and then to cuck the story with SJW rhetoric.

Yeah PST is basically overrated shit. Why anyone liked Infinity engine games (aside form Fallout 1 & 2) is a mystery.

Fallout 1 & 2 aren't infinity engine.

pedantics, it was built on a similar Engine and both where due to Interplay. It was the Beta version of the "infinity engine".

What the fuck are you even talking about?

The FO engine works based off tiles, while the IE uses hand draw backgrounds.

I'm sure the rendering pipeline may have had similarities due to the people working on it, but infinity is not just a later revision of the Fallout engine.

Finally, the chance to portray Morte the way he was always meant to be: As a proud, independent woman of colour.

People talked about removing sexual shit, but do we know if they touched the actual offensive shit? I don't want to give spoilers to people but the main character of this game can be really cruel at some times, I'm pretty fucking sure this would trigger most of the Beamdog. I mean, I remember SJWs complaining about Alan Moore's comics, not because of sexual or political shit but it was just way too cruel or rude or someshit, could easily happen to this game too

He's a big kid.

Ok. Finally I can post that. I'm the fag who earlier said I wanted to knock this game off my backlog before Beamdog rapes it. Well, I'm almost to the end and I think I fucked my playthrough.
So I was having trouble defeating Trias, found a good battle strategy online, then fucked him up so bad that he died before getting a chance to beg for mercy. Apparently I can't advance unless Trias talks to me before he dies. Pic related is my party doomed to spend eternity on Carceri or wherever the fuck this town got sucked into. I have his sword and his spell that I looted off his corpse. I *know* that the key to the fortress is regret and I regret breaking the playthrough but I guess that's not enough.

Needs more

No, you fucking moron, facts.

Y'know, "we didn't remove stuff" doesn't mean "We didn't add out-of-place agenda pushing bullshit".

So glad I got a copy before beamdog makes it where you have to buy their shitty version.

I very vaguely recall doing the same thing but for the life of me I can't remember how I dealt with it or if I had to reload.

Imagine hating your fat formless dump of a body so much you fall into the delusion that dying it cyan and ramming metal through your face is gonna make it any more pleasant to look at.

I walk back out into Curst and it's still chaos. It doesn't even register that Trias is dead. Every time I reload, though, Trias rapes my ass. Either I give him everything I have and kill him in an instant or pull my punches and get destroyed. Problem is my fighter is useless and my spells are all high damage. Wonder if I should rest and replace all my spells with magic missile and just interrupt his spellcasting while annah whittles away at his hp with knives.

Well hey i'm also stuck in this part, how do i break that gay ass shield spell that Trias has?. I keep spamming fear inducing spell to keep him from casting "Bullshit Thunder Storm" and "Bullshit Ice Spíkes". Even deathbolt or meteorite bombardement doesn't do shit.

Do you have annah? Stealth her before you enter the balcony. Then, interrupt his spells with magic missile long enough to get her over there to backstab her. Then rush him with everyone.

Also, do the quests around town to weaken him. When he's weak enough to fight, his opening dialogue will change to something like, "you have done much good in a short time."

I have annah but she has a shitty puch dagger that does 1-4 damage (my char is also a fist user, equipped with a one that does 2-8) and i guess that all the "good actions" quests are done. Most of the time backstabs do around 15 to 40 damage on normal enemies (or atleast on those who are outside the administration building.)

It's backstab and then dogpile him with everyone, all before he has a chance to cast that shield. Do you have Dak'kon? His reign of anger spell is really good for this. Also that barbed thorn spell you learned from Ravel if you're playing a mage

My party's full (Nameless, Morte, Annah, Dakk, Grace and Ignus). Spamming anger and barbed torn it's then.

You should be fine then. I killed him with the shitty party that's in my screenshot. Also, try clearing away those dogs he summons so you can surround him. This strategy really depends on where those dogs decide to spawn and which direction they decide to run. If they block you at the bottleneck, you've lost the fight.

and it's literally the same thing. It's not a adapatation of the game, it's the text of the game laid out in novel form with the few parts that aren't already text narrated.

For what purpose?

And it crashed and burned.

This game was way over hyped tbh

Because fictional women still require consent to look at but the fictional women should have as much sex as they want and not be restrained by societal expectations that they be "pure".

Nice double-think they got there. Only these people could be fucking puritan and degenerate at the same time.

I want to get paid for the sole acts of running around to coders/designers/etc. and tell them to make everything more BEEOWOWOWOWO

The logic works if you know how they think.
Womyn = gods
Therefore men should always ask them for permission for everything as Womyn are infinitely wiser
Also, men shouldn't judge them as Womyn are above judgement from mere mortals

If feminism was a woman, she'd be a man-faced hambeast who by day screeches nonstop about male oppression and by night gets off to porn of women being raped.

But that's already what feminism is.

If you are referring to what the Practical Incarnation did in the backstory, then I think they are probably going to leave that intact or else the story just falls apart.

since they got the rights to 1&2 i've been expecting them to re-release it as a mobile game with microtransactions shoved in. i'm impressed it hasn't happened yet.

are you retarded

After this thread I downloaded T:ToN and played it. Really disappointed btw

Not just the past but the things current TNO can do. Like selling companions to slavery

In that case, yes. They might as well do it to dumb down moral choice system like what Bioware had been doing. You won't be even able to kill your companions upon meeting them.

Hell, they will probably not just remove the brothel's voluptuous statue, they might even cut the brothel entirely.

What statue? There was no statue when I played it.

It's nice to know that Arcanum will remain unpozzed. As long as that game remains pure I will endure all the dumps new dev studios such beamcuck take on my favorites of old. As long as Arcanum is out there redpilling people there remains hope.

Wasn't that an "intellectual" brothel anyways?

Couldn't you get Assassin's Knuckles for her?
torment.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_(PS:T)#Fist_Weapons

One of the girls was a tiefling who did S&M stuff.

There was also a wizard who turned himself into an armoire so he could steal panties.