Quake

You can Sign up for the Closed beta now by going to the Quake website.
Probably a good way to see if the game is going to be Shit or not.

I'm cautiously optimistic about it. how about you anons

Also Quake thread

Oh wait I for got about the Loot boxes.
It's going to be shit.

At least Strafe jumping is still in the game.

You know it's going to be terrible.

If you could elaborate that would be nice.

It's not even the same genre, it's CRAPCUNTS. The only hope would be if they release a robust public mod tools to make an actual FPS with, which judging from both D00D and the fact that id Tech 6 isn't even being licensed to 3rd-party commercial developers, is unlikely.

Well it's going to be free to play so at least no one has to pay before seeing if it's shit.

Couldn't they find someone better to play that? He plays like shit, and that's coming from somebody who is shit at Q3.

To see a game I grew up with and cherished get brutally ass-fucked by greedy jew developers makes me want to puke.

Welcome to my world

what kind of lootboxes. cosmetics, or something that affects gameplay?

Anyone could visit that booth and record their shitty little video. There's dozens of people with shitty clips like this.

At least you have Crash Retold :^)

The thing that bothers me the most is the "this is on AMD" sign. Are we going to start having only certain manufacturers fund games to male them run better on their cards? Are we going to have to start buying AMD and NVidia both if we want to play all the games? I am scared.

Can't wait for another shitty zenimax shooter riding on a classic brand :D

user where have you been?

see
it seems the loot boxes will have tons of things from cosmetics to permanent characters if your playing for free.

how can you stand that guys voice?

Not paying attention I guess. I always liked PC gaming because it didn't seem to have that level lf forced brand loyalty that other entertainment does. Now I am really worried.

I don't know?
It was the first relevant video I found on the topic of the game being Free to play.

Isn't DX12/Vulkan supposed to make this better, not worse?

Gameworks?

I've signed up with 5 different emails. Don't like quake. Too floaty. Bhoping. Too many similar guns.

are the characters like crapcunts or just different player models?

Why is Quake so popular?
The series had like two good games.

DX12 limits you to W10.
Vulkan is for all 3 major OS and is better than DX12 from all benchmarks I've seen, but no one seems to be using it. Probably MS paying people to not use it.

Not looking forward to it in any measure, but if it's f2p ad those lootboxes are purely cosmetic, as well as the game under 15GB (should be under fucking 8 but I'll give it some leeway in the CURRENT YEAR), I'll give it a crack.

Apparently there's a mode called Arena or Colosseum or something like that where the characters have no differences/abilities, just plain old Arena fighting, so I'll only play that.

How do you aim rocket launchers in arena shooters?

You have to shoot where they are going to be, not where they are. The easiest way to do this is to force the engagement into a corner or a corridor or a cliff where they are forced to move only one direction. Being a RAWKIT LAWNCHAIR main is all about using the stage and human psychology to your advantage.

and Linux. It could even have been on Macs, but apple decided to fuck themselves over by not implementing it and instead focusing on metal.

When you said all 3 major OS I assumed you were talking about Win7, 8 and 10 by the way.

go fuck yourself shill CUNT
DUBS

I wasn't talking about OSs, but graphics hardware. From what I understand, DX12/Vulkan theoretically allow different GPUs from different manufacturers, and even software renderers on spare CPU cores, to be pooled together invisibly as a single virtual GPU.

As for Linux/BSD/AmigaOS, who cares? If you run any version of Windows, it's botnet. If you use a conventional cellphone, it's botnet. If you're that concerned about botnet, run Windows 10 in a PCIe passthrough VM for gayman and use other OSs for the rest.

And in those rare instances where a native Linux port happens, DX12/Vulkan have such high feature overlap, a wrapper is even more efficient than DX11 to OpenGL.

Looks like the developers can't even program a site correctly.

Free to play was a mistake.

Shit thread, have a bomb.

vulkan is supposed to be basically on everything that isn't completely locked down. They even advertised windows xp support but i'm guessing nvidia/amd won't do anything since they dropped windows xp completely long ago.

Both nVidia and AMD support Vulkan through drivers. That's all that really matters. A developer can take advantage of it if it is there. The major hurdle is support for game engines, and it appears to be getting support in the most important engines, eventually. This will allow future games to offer it as an option. Vulkan is supported with the Tegra X1, which would also make it an option for cross platform games that also run on the Switch. Mac and iOS will likely need to rely on some sort of wrapper over Metal.

>>>/cuteboys/

>>>/kc/

>>>/argentina/

>>>Holla Forums

You will almost certainly need the shithesda launcher to play this.

/fur/

I hate this pic, not because of what it is but because of how people misinterpret it. It's always a trillion people getting dubs, but then someone gets trips and the trip guy thinks their suggestion is the one to blow up and all of the other retards think the same.