Hidden (Almost) Gems

How about a thread for those games you thought were pretty cool despite their flaws.

I recently beat Grabbed by the Ghoulies and I'd say it was pretty good overall despite some really annoying design choices later on. The game is very unique and when I first started it I couldn't understand why this game seemed so overlooked. Fun combat, interesting aesthetic, lots of nods to earlier Rare games and it seemed like the last game by them that still had charm. However, eventually the game starts piling room gimmicks on top of each other until it becomes frustrating and the game sports the usual third person camera issues of that era. The game really starts to drag by the last half but thankfully The last three chapters are also probably shorter combined than the first three by themselves. All in all I'd say it is worth a try but is definitely not for everyone.

Tell me about your game, Holla Forums. What is her name?

It was overlooked because it was released on a Microsoft console and Nintendo fags were really pissed about it.

That makes some sense. I wonder if this game would have done better on the gamecube but its hard to say.

given Star Fox Adventure's reception I'd have to guess no.

That was an N64 title ported and butchered to the Gamecube, remove Star Fox from the title and the expectations that SF64 had built up and you would have gotten something else.

The Rare Replay version is an actual port that runs in widescreen and 1080p which is pretty cool.

another collectaton with shit tier puzzles
the starfox was shoe horned, but you still got to play as "not fox" the entire time

if you shoe horn brandish onto undertale, you'd have the same game

Ah shit son, that was an Xbox launch title. It was probably hazed over like mad once Halo came out and that's all anyone ever wanted an Xbox for.

Speaking of Halo. This shit is also great fun with a buddy and was mostly overlooked at the time. I do see this one mentioned a lot more than Grabbed by the Ghoulies, however.

This is the only good zombie game ever made.

Literally the only reason I know of this game is because of the utterly amazing dance Boss battle.

My contribution. People may not like the game because this motherfucker loads damn near everything but when holy shit is it fun.

That looks pretty neato. Like zoids battle legends with dungeon crawling.

Even with the extremely ugly graphics, I thought this was pretty fun.

I always wanted to play that Game as a kid. Hell, I still do.

Go be retarded somewhere else

Everyone here has talked about Steambot you newfag.

there was a guy in a thread a few days ago who seriously thought the 360 came out in 2009.

Posting a bunch of stuff I had saved.
All of these games are good and don't need any arguments for them apart from Nanobreaker
Nanobreaker is no God of War or DMC but its a cheesy fun shlocky game that is at least worth emulating.

I play this every few years, definitely has a PS3 look to it.

Watched a video and felt the artstyle hurt the readability. Haven't played it so could be wrong. Same story with Killer is Dead.

There are better games out there, however i had a good time with it, enjoyed the atmosphere a lot

Urban Reign is fairly underrated, there aren't that many fighting games with good rock-paper-scissors combat

NecrovisioN is one of those weird-ass games which manages to retain its own charm despite its many technical shortcomings.

It starts off as a WW1 shooter with some supernatural, before going full crazy halfway through involving hidden underground vampire societies, mech battles, necromancy, dragon riding, granting you a magic claw with several magic powers and tons of crazy shit.
The main draw about the game is its relatively straightforward combo system where you kill more shit to keep up your combo, and the higher your combo gets the more special effects you receive such as fire and lightning erupting from your body striking anything that comes close, increased attack speed, and faster regeneration. On top of that you've got Adrenaline which lets you move and attack faster while time is slowed down, as the Adrenaline bar refills for each combo kill.
Technically its on the buggy and ugly side and there are some shittier sections which aren't really part of the main gameplay, but it's so fun that I can't help but recommend it to everyone.
Also features a prequel expansion pack which isn't as good.

Does Bounty Hunter count? I'm not sure it was particularly obscure at the time but it does seem to have been almost completely forgotten today outside of rare mentions on Holla Forums.
Also the PS1 version of Wrrgames was actually superior to the PC version: the latter was a shit RTT game while the former had you controlling individual units. I suppose it hasn't aged amazingly.

My niggers.

Wargames also had coop.

Destroy All Humans! was breddy gud. It had too many little issues to be a keeper, but it was fun reading people's minds and exploding farmer's heads and throwing cows around while being called a commie by Irish cops in the '50s.

I spent the entire 6th and seventh grade playing both this and the sequel.