Japanese covers for western games

Post them (ones that are the same as the western cover don't count)

Other urls found in this thread:

please
rt.com/op-edge/343876-us-base-woman-okinawa/
cbsnews.com/news/japan-us-military-related-rapes-deaths-okinawa/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Japan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's a (relatively) newer game. The "new" box art is based on an existing piece of promo art (pic 2). I think it's the superior choice, way less generic and conveys the game's setting very well.

The Japanese text literally translates to "Empire of Jade". Keeping the original title and using a subtitle that's a literal translation is a fairly common practice in foreign releases, regardless of languages.

I really like the second one.

Always liked Ratchet and Clank's Japanese box art.

Hotline Miami collection's Japanese box art is fucking perfect.

That 2nd image looks awesome, the rest are meh and the maniac mansion one looks just like the american one I remember.

It's the same scene, but drawn in a different style.

AESTHETIC

yeah I see it now. been so long it seemed identical to me.

Found a better version of the M&M PCE cover.

The art is done by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, the artist for the original Gundam (and most of the UC series)

Apparently the Japanese really don't like black people, who'da thunk?

Most of the black people the come into contact with are USA GIs that constantly get arrested for rape and drugs. Or they leave behind ugly HAFU babies that cant keep up in school.

Every wonder why most black people in Japanese games are presented black guys as criminals or military. Thats why.

He's got bigger eyebrows in-game too, doesn't he?

comparisons are fun

Sudeki box art is neat though, but mostly because the original is just awful.

my mistake, my brain got sidetracked and thought it was one of those japanese v western cover art threads

Only the fact that tv > movies in japan and a lot of tv hosts are now black and get rewards. They're being force fed progressive cuckary by the jews just as much as any western nation.

Too bad you can't get it any bigger because that's the size of the game case anyway. Rip.

I just realized I did it again, I'll stop now

Isn't the font design they used for スパイロ where the developer got the idea to name the bad guy of the second game Ripto?

Japan likes them some big, bushy eyebrows.

americans are specially rapey, GIs even more so being they black or otherwise you burger cuck, get out and go suck that kike dick

No wonder.

please use archive.is/news/article-2556198/US-commanders-Japan-overruled-court-martial-recommendations-two-rape-cases-dropped-charges-against-American-soldiers.html

rt.com/op-edge/343876-us-base-woman-okinawa/

cbsnews.com/news/japan-us-military-related-rapes-deaths-okinawa/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Japan

http:// www .dailymail .co.uk/news/article-2556198/US-commanders-Japan-overruled-court-martial-recommendations-two-rape-cases-dropped-charges-against-American-soldiers.html

It can't be white. Maybe an Arab American or Black for sure.

I wonder how they translated "Up your arsenal"?

I didn't even know this was a thing. Reminds me of the European vs American covers thing. Does America get shit covers on purpose? For what purpose?

For Whites it's primarily the sheer rudeness and overall not liking the occupation forces in general, they really hate that perceived rudeness though. The sheer aggressiveness compared to their more passive ways is staggering. This can easily be observed in online communities that share the same server, like the latest Phantasy Star Online or EDF for a time. It's an unspoken rule that if your handle is not a normal mundane english name at a glance you get instantly booted because Japs have enough of that shit in their vidya.

back in the day video games and movies were sold on the same shelves here so it honestly wouldn't surprise me if there was kikery involved to make games look lame by comparison.

On that cover the subtitle is just "Charge! Galactic ★ Rangers"

Yes, it is a western games. It was made by the Illinois based Webfoot Technologies, hence the American soundtrack that may not be as good as the original, but is better than the newly made stuff most of the video games get.

Aside from the games that just had totally different art styles (McKraken, Maniac Mansion) and the cover changed to reflect it, you have boxes with completely different aspect ratio (The many computer formats, GBA), cases where the original art isn't usable or obtainable (a lot of devs forget to keep the original art without text all over it, plus in the pre-internet days sending the original art to someone in another country was even if you did keep it). (XSeed has mentioned there have been cases where the original cover art was deemed too lewd by the ESRB/whoever forcing a change, but I don't think it happens the other way around)

Them's fighting words.

I believe they changed the plot of the game.

butchering a game by localizing it into japan is no better than butchering it by localizing it to the us

Neat

Why are nips so racist?

What the fuck is wrong with his eyes? They're wall-eyed and rolling at the same time.

It's not a collectors edition, it's just the first game on a vita chip/blu ray with a dlc code for HM2.

kek

Am i suppose to give a shit? If they didn't want to get raped, they should have picked a fight with the US of A.

Isn't the Famicom version of MM a completely different game from the US version? I mean isn't is programmed and sprited completely from the ground up and not just a port?

i just wonder how kawaii could it get

JAPANESE SUPERIOR
WESTBOTS INFERIOR

FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLR==FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
SHOT==
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT

It looks like they've tried to use a more western art style and it didnt work out completely.

Reminder that SJWs are massive weeaboos who do everything they can to get close to the japs.

Soundwave, you've shitposted on this board for the last time.

Just report the nigger.

No, SJWs hate Japanese stuff because they're the only culture they haven't successfully subverted yet.

Yes, independantly made port.

They think the country and people themselves are racist, sure, but they sure do their fucking animes and video games and shit, at least the progressive looking ones, like Jo Jo where everyone looks gay as shit, or all of the ones Steven Universe rips off.

Only mainstream anime that's already popular in the west is watched by SJWs. They avoid the more hardcore weebshit at all costs.

You are only half right. They pretend to be weeaboos to try to get close to them but they hate japan and all there shit with a fiery passion. There would like nothing more then to gut open and remove everything "problematic" from there entertainment and culture.

Also when the Japanese try to share some of there culture other then fucking anime to the west they get stopped because that would be "cultural appropriation".

They only have one reason for that.

No, no they don't. They charge in head on that shit because, as one sjw on tweeter claimed, they can "fix it".

This is basically what i was trying to get at, thanks.