VALKYRIA COMING WEST

VALKYRIA REVOLUTION: JUNE 27
THAT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/qnJli
segabits.com/blog/2017/01/26/valkyria-revolution-debuts-as-worse-selling-entry-in-franchise-history/
amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_3?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=ヴァルキュリア&sprefix=ヴァル,aps,218&crid=34X3BD7V370FF&rh=n:637394,k:ヴァルキュリア
blog.lhyeung.net/2017/02/05/valkyria-azure-revolution-review/
segabits.com/blog/2016/05/24/valkyria-azure-revolution-to-focus-less-on-action-and-more-on-strategy-due-to-demo-feedback/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

here's the trailer.

Isn't this the Valkyria spinoff that has ass combat? Like it was so bad Sega had to delay the game to rework everything only to come up with something passably mediocre?

It hurts to be Europa

Does anyone even care? I don't see how any of this will appeal to fans of anime WWII

One can never trust Sega

Yes

Who cares? It's shit.

t. the geniuses at Sega

Alright, this is my new focus. I need to know source and, if possible, footage of this fiasco.

archive.is/qnJli

segabits.com/blog/2017/01/26/valkyria-revolution-debuts-as-worse-selling-entry-in-franchise-history/

looks like tit combat to me.

I'll admit, the combat looks a bit wonky but it's the ridiculous lens-flare light flashes which hurt my eyes the most. I seriously don't think I can play this.
I can't imagine this would be healthy for epileptics.

Also you don't get to keep –not-Sylvaria– Brunhilde so it's pointless. Game over. Everyone go home.

The new age is apparently being manifest by way of Nips hogging the PS4 and still not caring about PC. The West is all but dead in vidya, as well, ever since it was swallowed up by Hollywood's amorphous tendril-laden mass, hence why Western games are so desperate to be "cinematic" "experiences".
So you have to rely on the Nips, and the Nips make good games but they barely ever go to PC, and whenever they do they always come by way of Steam, which has all but murdered PC gaming and everyone knows it (though they don't want to admit it). Steam is like a highly concentrated dose of Hollywood's fiscal fetishism, too, wherein you own nothing but the license to play a game.
Nintendo comitted suicide and Microsoft is busy trying to one-up the illuminati with its rancid online-only tactics. Also no games. Playstation wins by default, but Sony is the JewCo. of Japan and most Nip devs port their games with as much consideration as a drunk driver.
TL;DR Wait until the game library is even more expansive and buy a PS4 since you're going to be stuck otherwise. Then buy all the games for dirt cheap second-hand. That's how you win.

It's not related to Valkyria but

might be cool

It was already announced for Q2, sounds like they took their sweet-ass time getting it out the door.

…I'm kinda tempted to grab that Xbone version though, simply because something tells me it'll be rare down the line when literally no-one fucking bought it.

HAHAHA
Thank you, TripsAnon.

Alright. Something to play after I'm done with Nier.

As long it allows me to look up skirts then alright i'll put up with it, if not, Ill pass.

Wow, I wonder why? Thanks Satan for sharing this.

I'm torn, but not undecided.

I want to support the development of more Valkyria Chronicles games. I don't want this Valkyria Revolution VC-in-name-only spinoff junk, and don't want to send the mixed message to Sega that this shit is acceptable. I won't buy it. Probably won't even pirate a PC version if it's available. Might rent it though.

How about a VC set in "modern times" like a spoof of Modern Warfare with cute animu waifus with modern weapons and gear getting their shit pushed in by a magical blue witch out of legend. Far enough in the future to infuse the series with enough fresh elements to keep it from getting stale, but still letting it be more or less a direct continuation within the same nation and world.

Steam or not, Piracy and fan support always wins in the end.
I'm not buying a shitty console for a few games shilled and hyped by Sony and otaku weebshits.
Rather buy a Hueg and a Saturn

I still can't believe we're getting a Shenmue Sequel and two remasters before a JSRF port.

You're welcome

thank god. fuck beggars.

Stop posting anytime

JSRF's source code is lost, blame japanese industrial counter-espionage tactics until late 6th gen.

Steam. There is no "not". There is only Steam. It's dominance is what savaged PC gaming.
Not if you actually want games on the PC, since that requires profits and profits only comes from sales and sales only comes by way of purchases - made with [currency].
I have a PC that can run vidya and it's used for VNs these days. When was the last time you saw a vidya worth the time on PC which wasn't digital-only and/or Steam imprisoned?
Dude I'm making a suggestion not a sale. Just wanted to clarify my point since you make it sound like I'm some Sony shill.

I know one thing for sure: don't buy a PS4 for this game, especially since we
YET
AGAIN
DON'T KEEP THE CAKE

After this game, why not? At least then we could play something fun.

piracy makes profit don't listen to this heathen. piracy makes people who in many cases wouldn't have bought the product try it out and talk about it. it's free advertisement. the only cases where piracy ruins profit are with shit games but those deserve to fucking die anyway, it's the natural order of things except with less gullible victims.

Going from Nier Automata to this would be like jumping from a cliff-side pool to hard cement. Best case scenario your knees will be lodged in your chest from the shock.

for the torrent, yeah.

RIP Valkyria Chronicles IP

The MC was edgy for no reason

you're so late to the funeral they already bulldozed the graveyard at this point and made a parking lot.

people usually discuss the game, not the means of procuring it. also, people like to officially own something they enjoy.

Well shit. It would've been bad enough if she was just a random bad guy, but a childhood friend?

Wow. I need to know more.

Overall it's like they specifically set out to flip VC fans the biggest bird possible.

I forgot the details but basically MC sort of remembers her as a childhood friend then straights up kills her when he got stronger near the end. You think Sega would've made her savable but nope she dies.

That's more egregious than the battle system change. Why do they always make Mega Milk die?

Someone in Sega Japan has a hateboner for her despite making her the face of VC you think they would quit killing her despite the huge popularity for her but no she always have to die.

Also I just checked amazon.co.jp for shits and giggles, and it's down to a two-star rating and already discounted more than the remaster of the first game.
amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_3?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=ヴァルキュリア&sprefix=ヴァル,aps,218&crid=34X3BD7V370FF&rh=n:637394,k:ヴァルキュリア

I have as much contempt for them as they have for us.

No wonder they're giving such a sweet limited offer deal for the first run copies of this garbage.

This might be Sega's ME:Andromeda

Fuck you, monkey's paw

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT user

Comments from round the net:

blog.lhyeung.net/2017/02/05/valkyria-azure-revolution-review/

OH BOY! THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

I really hope the combat is harder than the one shown in the demo.

why fucking bother

I rather get a virtua fighter 5:final showdown PC port than any other sega game honestly

It's even worse. Valkyria doesn't have nearly as much name recognition as Mass Effect, so that won't save them.

And as much of a disaster as Andromeda is, I still don't see it having a >50% discount on Amazon a mere two months after release.

You can already get it for 27% off and it's only been a week

Like user said here just give it time.

I'll admit it, if there weren't so many constant blinding flashes in combat, if the combat was better and if we could at least save/develop the childhood friend cake-sensei then I would have gotten it. There is absolutely no reason to buy this.

Think it'll even get an artbook? I'd love to see this updated.

They wear school uniforms in the second game? Maybe the series died a long time ago…

The whole second game is structured around a high school setting.

Aren't the tittymonsters party members for 2/3 though?

More from round the net:

YOU DID THIS
YOU DID THIS

Everyone pictured can be used.

I'm sorry
I just wanted nice things

Witcher 3

If you think Steam killed PC gayman you never saw the state of PC physical from 2009 to 2011.
Aside from Fireaxis, CA, Bohemia and some smaller fronts, it was fucking barren and shit like Starforce and always online were becoming a thing for shitty console ports.
Steam was there, it was better than Microsofts shitty service and Valve pushed it, that was enough.

Piracy still exists, alternatives still exist,
modding and TCs still exist, if you can't see that you don't actually use the platform.
The fact that theres need for physical production and retail Kikeness which is still worse than Valves kikeness is the only reason we're seeing all these Nip games.

The only reason why Valve is a piece of shit company that I cannot forgive is their shitty fucking anti consumer policies and the fact that they don't push for developers or even themselves to actually work on the platform they pretty much hold in their hands, instead focusing on useless fucking gimmicks.
When we know they have the money and the talent especially since they're a motherfucking privage company and don't have to listen to investors outside their board of directors.

I don't give a shit about Steam, its a fucking placebo and pretty much everything is pirateable and DRM free day one.
I pirate and then buy it, common fucking retards and Steamcucks can get fucked in the end, I don't give a shit, they're not me.
Denuvo is the only shit pile here and that can also be cracked for the most part, a fucking system that was also created by the kikes at Sony.

Serves you right for having hope.

Really missed the charm and flare that the uniforms and weapons had in VC1. Don't really give a shit about VC2, but VC3's uniforms and weapons look like shit.

pic semi unrelated

What the fuck.

She's alright if you into those types. If anything, she's better than any of the units that have the man hater perk.

Jesus. There's being hard, there's being unfair, and then there is just not giving a shit. I'm reminded of DSP rage-quitting Furi because there were no checkpoints in the boss fight and he had to start over from the first phase, even though the game is nothing but boss fights, it's just the game being hard. As well as Ninja Gaiden 1 on the NES where if you die to the final boss, you have to replay the last three stages again, and that's unfair. But here, this guy has a point. Having to replay over an hour's worth of gameplay, sometimes two, because of a lack of checkpoints is total bullshit.

Not even playing or planning to get this shit, but god, I can feel the rage from those who already played the game. Whoever thought of this approach along with the uberweeb designs needs to get their teeth kicked in.

That's not fair to Fairy Fencer F.

Why do all titie monsters die in VC?

just came to say I don't care about anything, and I don't even know what I'm on a videoh gaemz board for but I want to suck on those mega fucking breasts and I'm going to beat off now

segabits.com/blog/2016/05/24/valkyria-azure-revolution-to-focus-less-on-action-and-more-on-strategy-due-to-demo-feedback/

Holy shit, these numbers.

I got baited and bought ps3 and I regret it, there are not a lot of truly great games
hopefully there will be as much cheap games for ps4 since it sells better than 3 did

is this legit or is another thing like TOR?

check'd

Are you shitting me with this ID?

No man, I'm not using TOR or anything. This is complete luck.

checked

Shoulda saved your luck for the lottery.

The color codes use hex value, which is the numbers 1-9 and the letters a-f, for a total of 15 (assuming all 0's is reserved for TOR) different digits. So the chance of getting all the same digit is a 15 in 16,777,216 chance.

Checked carefully.

When did Sega become so redpilled?

but leggings are hotter than just pantsu

Did you even look at the spats?
They looked like shit.

Impressive

Based Sega.

I'm going to FUCK Perrine!

I want to molest evil Nep.

Translation: they are incompetent. SEGA doesnt understand the franchise anymore. Then again they completely misunderstood going right into how they did 2…

it's still shit

If you go by the videos they play the same

I wanted to make a game just like this, but apparently my idea was shit

you're the cancer, i hope you die.

That class in 2 and 3 that used a wrench/hammer and a shield was pretty good fuck you
And those damn rocket lances would be way better if the lance part was more than just aesthetic, it's like having a gun that's 80% bayonet but can't be used to stab people, there's no point to it

And that is all the fantasy shit you need in the game.
I would understand mechs, i would understand more modern weapons, even sci-fi, but not fantasy. 80% of the entire industry is medieval fantasy, you wished for a series that goes against the norm to become more mundane and mainstream, you're the cancer plaguing the industry with shitty tastes.

Dude, valkyria chronicles is literally WWII in a fantasy setting that's advanced to the industrial age
If you're that ass blasted about it this is probably the wrong series for you

And yet the finished product shows they learned absolutely nothing about what fans want in BOTH combat and story.

I really think they went out of their way to piss people off. Seriously. Everything regarding the design, combat, the fate of Best Girl, doll-like animations, the no-checkpoint-savagery, etc. all combine to make either the greatest disaster to hit Japan since that nuclear facility almost went up in flames or the most purposeful murder of a series known to man.

I get the feeling this piece of shit in the near future will beheld as Hidden Gem tier. Think I might get it just for the hell of it. But dropping 40 bucks on this shit piece is most certainty steep. But at last I get to add another turd to my massive shit heap. That I probably will only ever play once, never to finish or return to ever again. I have problems. I blame services like steam.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh boy!

For what it's worth, at least we still have Persona 5 for our cakes, but I guess we will never see a MegaMilk survive a Japanese title (that's not hentai).

So there we have it. In every possible factor this game is a colossal failure and insult.

THICK

KEK HAS CHOSEN YOU AS HIS PROPHET
HEED HIS CALL

le agdg brought me here too

Is there truly no case at all?

Persona 5 looks really bad.

It's pretty good, actually. But then the real plot settles in and it goes downhill from there. Cakes are good, though, and the first boss is a serial rapist demon

I can't think of a single one, at least none with a body shape to this degree.
Camilla comes close but I don't think FE:Fates counts since she's not integral to the plot

So let me get this right. After the buildup of regret that happened after they killed Selvaria, they went and made a new one…and killed her too?

What the fuck? Not even gonna bother with this. I thought this was their method of righting the wrong that was done.

Oh shit nigga its happening!

I was going to call that guy a fag, but then looked at your ID.

Testing the board.
Also
WHY

Also the game, which has a limited edition for first-run copies, is being sold at a flat $40 brand new.

This is how hard they know this sucks.

Rip mystic ID, the true victim of the big downtime of '17

So what's the tl;dr of the story? And I don't mean just the villain back-story previously explained in this thread.

Your ID will be remembered, mate.

The villain back-story is pretty much the only story. It's just
>Everyone fights on the big tower thing and magical princess sings really hard, uses the power of friendship from everyone else singing ( basically ripping off Ar nosurge's climax ) to stop Brunhild from being OP
Also something about human experimentation from the empire.

The whole game takes place in some guy's study of historical records and an older woman's recounting of these events. Every time there is a shift in the story the player returns to the books, switches a book, watches a scene, and continues the game until the next shift in plot.

The music is the best thing about the game. It's terrible.
Just a pet-peeve: Why did they give revenge-man a horse face? Everyone else (mostly) has a normal face. Why does he have this massively elongated face?