Spyro was better than Mario 64. Fight me

Spyro was better than Mario 64. Fight me.

No. You're right.
Mario 64 fags need to die.
I just just wish spyro was still developed by naughty dog, same with crash. and banjo

I don't want any fucking Mario.

I agre but Nintenyearolds put anything Mario on a pedestal.

The original ? No
Year Of The Dragon ? Yes

The original? Yes, all of them for that matter. Mario 64 is a boring tech demo.

I wonder if the user who dumped these is still around.

You are correct, but in all seriousness mario 64 was really rough around the edges. It had more content, but it wasn't as polished. It's a real shame to if nintendo had competent leaders I bet mario 64 2 would have been amazing. Of course I am only judging that by the difference in quality of crash 1 and 2.

Hurr! Half-A press! You can't dew thaeeet I'm funny now right? RIGHT!??

I forgot about ripto's rage
that was pretty good as well.

Maybe I need to replay the original, it has been forever.

But now that I think about it mario 64 is pretty fucking boring.

Double jump and level flooding > building up speed for 12 hours

Spyro doesn't even have autistic physics underneath.

user…

>I just just wish spyro was still developed by naughty dog, same with crash. and banjo

Naughty Dog is fucking shit now. All they make are get beaten up by a stronk independent black wymyn simulators now. Why the fuck would you want them to have these franchises?

Anyway, both Spyro and Mario 64are great games but I prefer SM64 for the more complex movement.

Find the problem with this post

You need to do better than that "Henry"

every single platformer on the n64 was better than spyro. spyro was just a shitty ripoff that you niggers lapped up because it was the only thing you had.

go play skylanders or something lmao

I'm sure all games have it in the end. Those "physics" were all just exploitable bugs in the game.

Maybe if they still worked on spyro, they wouldn't have dipped their toes into the toxic kool-aid. Like Ratchet & Clank.

Aw fuck me man.

Mario 64 was always shit in comparison to Crash and Spyro

An example of this would be that game about bugs. There was a thread about it a while ago. Some guy did a speedrun and used bugs in the game to go extremely fast and through levels. The only thing it was missing is someone making graphs to show how it's done and how to do it, and then making up bullshit terms to describe it like "half a press" and "alternate universe"

You're like those N64 fanboys who used to insist Mission Impossible and Quest 64 were just as good as MGS and Final Fantasy. It's sad. It's been 20 years. Time to grow up.

Not my fault they've aged better than a shitty tech demo

I always read this, that faggots say that they enjoy Mario 64 because of the complex movement (which you probably didn't gave a shit about before that half A press guy came around) instead of naming anything else. You can have the best, most autistically complex character movement in the world but that means nothing when the stages are so boring. I really wish they woulf have moved forward with SM642 which was supposedly going to be co-op, that would have been fun.

Spyro's definitely aged better.

I mean, you're not wrong.

There was no XB during that generation, mong.

Banjo was better than all so HA.
Also, Spyro is forever tainted in my mind because of that picture….

Spyro was more innovative for sure.
But I don't know, I was always a playstation guy, but mario 64 was still one of my all time favorite platformers.

I could honestly play both games right now and be equally as happy.
Though I would probably have more fun dicking around in spyro doing nothing, where as in mario 64 you feel like you're doing a grind more than just kicking around fun levels.

Banjo was just a worse Mario 64.

I've never heard of Gimmicklanders since the first game until i saw the E3 2016 Crash Bandicoot announcement. Who even asked for more Skylanders?

Fuck off Segay.

Different types though. Mario 64 is more focused on movement and platform, Spyro is more focused on exploration.

I do think Spyro is more focused (the first, I'm not a fan of the later two, though they are good games)

Ear Fresh

Post the shit where he goes into parallel universes.

Spyro is better compared to Sanic rather than Mayro. Both are games have similar fanbases full of furry Mary-sue OCs and both have spawned us our most beloved of thread killers. Plus I believe both of them went through a God of War-clone phase (though Spyro's was cancelled I believe)

Mildly related, but out of the big three furfag platforman franchises (Spyro, Sly Cooper, and Ratchet and Clank), why is RnC the most degeneracy-free of them all? I could effortlessly find yiffshit of Spyro and Cooper, but Ratchet is comparatively barren. What little I found is Paheal/DrawnSex.com-tier trash.

The kids love Skylanders. You're the out of touch old man now.

Most kids I know don't even know that exists.

How many kids do you know, and do I need to contact the police?

My little brother and cousin.

I kind of see how they are similar games, but I wouldn't say worse.
I remember all those platformers from those days quite fondly, don't really remember playing one where I thought "Well this is just awful."
Which I guess speaks to the nature of the video games industry from then to now, now its just about churning out a new product for the unwashed masses, where as then, you have to create something that would generate its on sales, where as products today have their own Facebook pages and Youtube videos and if you get enough likes and view respectively your product is bound to sell, even when by all rights it should fail i.e. Mass Effect Andromeda which I am hoping flops, but i am a pessimist and recognize that their are no heroes left in man

Rare wanted to make a better Mario 64 just like DK Racing was supposed to be a better Mario Kart 64 (it isn't) and CTR started with Naughty Dog improving a track from DKR.

I'm not saying that it was bad, just not exactly great. I prefer DK64 myself because of the autistic amount of content.

Nah, even if kids had been excited for collectathons or platformers in 2011 they wouldn't have been interested on skylanders.

Everyone should point at OP the faggot and laugh.

Has their ever been a mother who wouldn't let their child play Spyro?

0/10 try harder

I honestly don't know. You would think it would have a tone with having furries, xenos, and robots. It's for the best though. Maybe it's because the furry chaacters are not as brightly colored. Bright colors seem to attract autists like moths to a flame.

Obligatory.

Of course Spyro is better than Mario 64, but Spyro and most 3D games that came after Mario owe that game for pioneering the way on how to make 3D games. SM64 had to figure out how to make games in an entirely new dimension on top of the usual burdens of developing (at the time) a next gen launch title. It's honestly a miracle that it ended up being enjoyable at all instead of a boring tech demo. Pretty poor comparison OP. You'd be better off comparing it to Banjo for the timeframe, objectives, type of gameplay, and collectables required to progress.

Fuck, that's one beautiful wallpaper.

This is true.

Why would I fight you when you're 100% right?

I've been on a project for Spyro 2 which is mostly about giving it a Spring themed world to go with the other three. Embed related. This guy seemed to be well known in the circle of Spyro stuff. I was on hiatus for a bit but recently started doing stuff again and fixing my broken old code. Ask me anything if interested.

I'm interested. Got sauce on that?

This is true. t. autist.

Also back then most Spyro kids were obviously smarter than Crash kids who usually grew up to be total chads. Prove wrong.

Sorry no sauce, i've read the CTR thing here. The Mario 64/Banjo thing was from a Beta64 video or something like that.

So what's it like making levels for an old game? I keep thinking about wanting to do that for Banjo-Kazooie.

See

spyro sucks

have you played CS GO ?

better game

Vasily

Depends on whether you mean the actual modeling or design. I'm gonna assume design and there's a lot to keep in mind. In addition to typical level design stuff, you would have to keep in mind other constraints like how other maps in that game are laid out, what elements you can play with, and constraints if this were really for the same system. I don't pitch in much on that front since I'm usually just doing programming stuff. I'm not too familiar with Banjo Kazooie in depth, so I can't really say much in those regards. Break down other maps and see how they're composed.
Scale is something to keep in mind too. We're in an awkward position since the character controller is old and needs to be overhauled still. Fine tuning Spyro's movement, and any character based 3D platformer really, takes a lot of close care and precision. Levels will obviously need to be designed with the player's abilities in mind.

Your threat is shit

What an achievement.
Next you'll post something like "Gothic is better than Morrowalk".

oblivion is superior

fuck you

It's okay, all tes are shit.

Where did you go, OP?

I should be more clear, my bad. I was asking more in terms of how long and hard is it to put together parts of a level. Are you remixing previous stage content to make something new or are you building from the ground up? Unless you're using the more complex setpieces, I couldn't imagine it being too difficult to create stages from previous game assets, but I'm also wrong a lot as well.