DSishop is closing down on March 31st...

DSishop is closing down on March 31st. Not that its a huge deal since the only worthwhile game was Shantae and that was ported over to everything, but it makes me wonder how much longer until we can no longer buy digital games on other platforms, and without back ups if those games will remain lost to time, especially with the 360 since its 12 years old.

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosgamez.com/threads/dsiware-essential-collection-110-games.2577/
popularmechanics.com/technology/a19459/is-a-quartz-hard-drive-the-first-immortal-storage-medium/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yb1gECYMMSC1J8vb65j1ZnnMCajHY0ZX-BymKTYXYvU/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit!, that was still up? Is there any way to emulate DSi titles?

piracy and emulation on pc, and buy phsyical copies of your favorite games. Gaming is not a hobby that'll be around forever.

All of dsiware functions on 3ds

It’s literally the same as the DS, so yeah.

Which is why alternative must always be prepared before such announcements, if only to propose the same games for the incredible price of zero dollars

I've been thinking this for a couple years now. Digital games are not the way forward. We've already lost so many games that were only on digital. The day the PS Store shuts down on PS3, there'll be a shitstorm, I can feel it now.
Not to mention DLC will be missing, meaning chunks of games will be gone.

Isn't this why piracy exists user?

Funny enough, ive been using a dsi for the past few days to play pokemon heart gold because i bricked my 3DS updating it (thanks A9LH)
Technically, thanks to nintendo's mental retardation and gamefreak's lack of foresight, you cant catch em all on any game. Most legendaries were locked behind timed wifi events, and nintendo completely shut down those services so you cant even cheat them in without action replay.

how does it feel to know we were born at the right time to eventually witness the death of gaming?*

Yeah, but what of with consoles, user? So much shit is gonna be lost it ain't even funny.

don't worry user you'll be able to buy a 0.01% of DS library on SwitchU for a good price of 10 bucks a game

in 50 years everyone will be playing doom, quake 3 and tux racer, and whatever games devs will bother to release the source code by that time

you have both piracy and emulation of consoles user.

Didn't Noise make a Katarmi game for the DSI?

ok but a console stops being produced after a 5-10 years and there are machines that you can't emulate yet or will never be emulated

I want to believe.

Holla Forums ate my image.

We've already lost plenty of games. Think about how many online or MMOs have shut down Even if you were able to find the server code and remake them, the lack of people would make it an entirely different game. Think of how many arcade games have been all but lost because they rely on a unique control scheme built into the cabinet

98% of games a shitty clone of a better game.

Most games shouldn't be thought of as distinct entities but "Racing Game Variant #4unr3go4o2ai8vqxjbht" and "Fighting Game Variant #k2d9gcsn94mmptbuxa19"

That's such a jewish way of seeing things

No, it isn't. It's the truth. Remove the (probably forgettable) graphics and think of the game entities as boxes bouncing around. Then you'll see most are very similar.

This guy ripped a bunch of DSIWare so you should probably download it and burn it to Bluray. Ditto for anything else you want to preserve for when SOPA passes and we're back to BBSes and Meshnets.
chaosgamez.com/threads/dsiware-essential-collection-110-games.2577/

Normally yeah, but considering most content is locked away on PSN servers, unless it can all be archived, plenty of games will become lost to time, or patches that made Zone of The Enders 2nd Runner run at 1080p 60FPS.

Its also something to think about when games have their singleplayers be afterthoughts and then completely shut down the multiplayer, with no splitscreen or bot modes to speak of, or the unhealthy obsession games have now with requiring online connections on fucking consoles.

That's a very corporate jewish thing to say.

user. The future is now.

I will never play Arkanoid or Asteroids with a true arcade-tier trackball ever again

Everything in the dsishop was available in the 3ds shop since 3ds launch.
Literally nothing is being lost.

Good goy

NO NO I WANT TO WALLOW
I WANT THE PATHOS I WANT THE DRAMA
LET ME HAVE IT
CAN YOU LET ME HAVE THAT AT LEAST FOR FUCKS SAKE
ONE FUCKING THING

That's not exclusive to just digital games. Think how many games can't run on modern hardware, be emulated or outright vanished without being copied. It's just a fact of life that no matter how well you preserve your materials, copy them and extensively catalogue them, they'll eventually disappear.

Burn them to quartz
popularmechanics.com/technology/a19459/is-a-quartz-hard-drive-the-first-immortal-storage-medium/

the DSi was dead after flipnote hatena shut down
prove me wrong (you can't)

This is Nintendo though, they killed Nintendo wifi connection supported games two years after the Wii U launched. Whos to say it wont happen again?

I'm guessing less than a dozen even sort-of noteworthy games and a bunch of games that no one gave a shit about on release.

That's why I haven't played Pokemon in years. It's less like you buy a game, and more like you buy a subscription; the "game" implodes after a few years. And if you ever drop out of the marathon, you get hit with lost-forevers. It's not worth it.

Holy shit. The human race is doomed.

Fucking Nintendo, man.

Implying that wasn't part of the plan.

Look back. Carefully. It's been a long time since they said " catch them all" regarding pokemon You were never supposed to get them all. They were supposed to be valuable bits of data.

Nintendo planned for pokemon to be a literal economy, but thanks to cheat devices and things like PKHEX and the Mystery Machine, the plan was ruined.

They wanted you to spend money to get to events unless you wanted to miss out forever. Then they went out of their way to make the previous games non-compatible with the newer games.

Now with the Pokebank and GTS actively scanning your pokemon and removing it's items, they're going to reassure that they will have more control over pokemon moving forward.

No, they wanted you to go trade with jimmy across the street you obese autstic retard.

thats a theory i cant say i disagree with.
though take into account, going from x and y onward, the creator said hes targeting the "mobile audience", people who are constantly on the go and dont have time to invest in longer games
basically rpgs in general but okay
So by having sun and moon be how it was, and the gen 3 remakes just being pure trash, i like to think they not only totally abandoned that, but saw how they could stupid easily make a lazy, quick game every year or so and still make just as much off that and just went with it.
boy thats sad.

yeah trading was the main mentality like 17+ years ago, but not recently

You are autistic

YES
YOU FUCKING RETARD
OF COURSE THEY WANT YOU TO TRADE THOSE.

Isn't this why emulation exists? With the whole "delete the ROM in 24 hours unless you own the original game and got said ROM for backup purposes" meme?

Go to Cago, the Galloping Ghost arcade has those

Nintendo has been pulling this shit since the 90s. Most Satellaview games are lost to history.

No-intro has a spreadsheet of what hasn't been dumped
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yb1gECYMMSC1J8vb65j1ZnnMCajHY0ZX-BymKTYXYvU/edit#gid=0

It's literally the same except for the part where it's not and nothing emulates DSi exclusive games yet.

Who cares?

Just imagine, the greeks probably had hobbies other than fucking young boys in the ass that were lost in time.

Actually the company behind them recently went through efforts to preserve the ones that are legally preservable.

That would be DS/Wii, wouldn't it? That was due to GameSpy being bought out and the servers being used for global connections going down as a result. Popular games like Mario Kart actually still function because of third-party servers.