Nier Automata: Nationalism Edition

Near a Tomato was fun. Will modded PC versions be able to fix the balancing flaws? Will there be non-cosmetic DLC? Why is the robo-milf from Pascal's village Best girl? :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

loverslab.com/topic/75531-nier-automata-2b-partial-nude-mod/
nier2.com/blog/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/
archive.li/LRj8R
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some autist found something about "Train DLC" so maybe

They left themselves easy places to drop new content in with the unused elevators.

Is this translated from Nipponese? I didn't see train tracks anywhere in game, but it could possibly meaning "training."

Or it could be a literal underground railroad.

Boars are fucking bullshit.

I'll admit this game left me with a bitter taste at first but it's grown on me. Still wish it had something to do with the watchers though, I mean all sign were pointing to it but it was just the machines acting weird. I guess with humanity ded they've accomplished their goal, unless they want to torment androids too.

I want to lick A2's bare tummy. Even if she's covered in the accumulated filth of hundreds of years wandering the earth

a man of taste, unlike the 2B THICC fags

Route C looked like it was leaning to what you mentioned.

Endings C and D also seem to contradict each other. Which one is true?

both can lead to ending E
since the pods are just rebuilding them

Fuck you, i want to release my last breath between 2B thighs while she caress my hair

There's just too much going on for me to believe ending D is any true. The events leading up to it does not make sense to its conclusion.

NieR Remaster with a PC port when?

like this?
:^)

KAMI NI NARU!

Hopefully soon but more than likely never ever because SHIT SQUARE ENIX!

How so?
but yeah, Ending D is really nebulous since it's from the perspective of a logic virus infested 9S

I'll have to thanks then muzzies for their specific memes

Thanks Squenix/P* for making the launch trailer a montage of every damn juicy bit in the game, you stupid cunts. The tower bit is fantastic but the finale is kinda weak, I was expecting the machine's final stand to be a little more impressive.
Also, this game desperately needs something to deal with overleveling. Either significantly drop the XP gain from side quests and open world combat or make some item that acts as a XP bank. It's Dragon's Dogma all over again - going from point A to B takes more time than the actual missions.

Anyway, anyone knows what holding A2's dash does?

So what's the timeline on the crack?

wew

Yeah, especially the boss battles
While certain ones were great, the constant reuse of designs and issues with being over leveled for them sucked a lot of fun from it

This track is sublime.

What's even worse is when you begin route C, it gives you a "preview" of all the shit that's going to happen. Who do you think is to blame for this one? There's also the preview that plays when you sit on the start screen for too long.

It's a time honored tradition of every developer nowadays and they need to learn how keep their spoiler spaghetti in check.
If I go look up a bunch of videos on YT or whatever, that's on me, but official promo footage shouldn't give away so much.

Dunno. Both parties seem to have a track record on this.
Senator Armstrong is probably the only thing P* managed to not spoil.

I thought ripping off boss enemy limbs or weapons and using them against them was going to be a constant bonus thing, nope just first boss.

Pascal is best boy, Jackass is best girl. Prove me wrong.

I agree with that image 120%. You're officially "muh nigga."

i bet you thought the factory boss 2 was just the tail on the ball.

You mean you bought it imagining Denuvo would allow it? Holy shit dude.

Nice meme, MGSV would like to have a word with you.

There is already a partial nude mod for 2B.

loverslab.com/topic/75531-nier-automata-2b-partial-nude-mod/

Are we cuckchan now?

Trash :)

People won't just mod the cracked version?

mustard your time has finished, its time to depart for the west to fade.

Holyshit that's terrible. Is anyone even going to try to make good nipples and pussy, or are they just going to slap the first nude texture they find on it? At this point it would be better if they made her an anatomically incorrect mannequin under her clothes.

What balancing flaws?

But I want to play video games.

and you chose the denuvo platform. Its not the 90's anymore. PC is more cucked than ever and its not getting better friend. I'm sorry.

Please don't lewd 2B

These days I've started to realize why Iluvatar called the fate of Men a gift.

Speaking of cucked, how's the framerate on ps4, still dogshit?

artist's own engrish

The previous game's trailer included scenes all the way up to the shadowlord fight

I want someone to buy me Nier on steam

I want to see comparisons of the rates at which each of their prices drop post-launch.

Normal is too easy, and the gap between normal and hard is massive. Hard is too hard, so much so that there's often no difference between hard and very hard (OHKO mode). Overleveling is a problem. You wanna go back and re-fight the opera boss with 2B without completely destroying it in two seconds? Too fucking bad nigger, start a fresh new game, because even when you unlock debug mode, you can't change your level or the level of the boss. I guess you can make the boss invincible, but then you'd have to stop the fight and make it not invincible every time you want to move to the next phase. This applies to all bosses up to the endgame. Also, the two secret bosses that are level 99. If you are level 99, normal is as always extremely easy. Hard is a OHKO just like very hard. There will never be a difference between the two modes when fighting the two secret bosses.

I don't know what the fuck Plat was thinking when they changed the game's balancing. Hard was perfectly well balanced during the demo, and then during the same segment of the actual game, it's not.

And I want e-begging faggots to fuck off.

I didn't say it was good or that the poster wasn't cancer for not giving a direct link and instead posting a link to his deviantart page all I said was that there was an attempt.

user, he's just moving the goalposts, he won't be satisfied no matter what you gave him.

Can't you stack HP and defenses on Hard to not get oneshotted?
I dunno about 99 level bosses, but by the time I was finishing story only shmup enemies were able to do any significant damage to me on hard mode. I was tanking like motherfucker.
So I'd say there is large difference from VH, where you can't tank at all no matter your stats.

Also, for some retarded reason, just the shmup enemies level scale.
Overleveling is a severe problem. When I say there's little difference between Hard and Very Hard, I of course mean when you're roughly around the same level as the enemies, i.e. where you're "supposed" to be.

I was just pointing out that what you linked looked like dogshit.

Learn to look at IDs faggot. I'm not part of your shitty denuvo argument.

So much death.

I hope that whatever was left of 6O's consciousness in her last moments before the bunker exploded was happy to see 2B escape. I hope that no one has to fight anymore after ending e.

You need to finish the weapon all the weapon stories. They're integral to the final ending.

Speaking of which, I read that maxing all weapons triggers a second fight with Emil and that fight has a ending tied to it (Y) where I have to let him self-destruct but from what I understood, if that happens, you don't get a redo. Do we get screwed out of rewards or something?

You have it backwards. Let him, so you can get the ending. Then load up and don't let him, so you can finish the quest. Once the quest is finished you have to do another full clear of the game to get it again and let him self destruct.

I have not been very up-to-date with the current state of affairs, but how is the letter to Yoko doing?

Yeah, what the hell happened to it?

Man, every time I finish a quest in this game I'm left with a morbid feeling, wondering if I did the right thing.

Is the port that shit?

Huh?

Yeah.

>Tfw 2E will never be assigned to assassinate user
Why live

>Forgetting that emotions are unnecessary

You can only make me so erect user.

A port of the original NieR is non-existant, so, yah, I guess

Pascal is a commie

Holla Forums pls go back to your flat earther threads.

OK, I get that first bit but what's the deal with a second full clear? Do I have to start a new file (because unless I'm missing something, chapter select doesn't allow redoing quests)?

Maybe, but she did say that they tried every method humanity has attempted in terms of commerce, and it's only fair to starve them to death eventually since that was a thing humans tried.

I really liked the story, anyone who says it looks good is so completely full of shit though. Art direction doesn't excuse shit graphics and details

Are they still alive?

Well she ends up as the only good kind of commie by the end.

get ending D yet?

yes. chose to beam up. are they backups or something?

That's what you get when you develop on a shoestring budget and most of the funding goes to develop a fictional robot ass so horny nerds and desperate chinks can masturbate their sad, sad weenies to it :D

Yep, they were archived. Probably just before Adam left the network to explore death.

>Get the super lewd joke with the vibration settings.
>2B is actually 2E.
>It's strongly implied that 2B is in love with 9S, and has been regrettably killing him dozens of times before the game begins, each time 9S losing his memories.
>nier2.com/blog/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/ confirms this.
>It wasn't a joke lewd.
>2B was actually desperate for 9S to feel her up, because it's better than nothing at all.

Well look where it got him.

You can't repeat side-quests after you complete them. So, if you successfully finish the side-quest without getting ending Y first, you can't get it unless you reload a save before you finished the side-quest or by starting a new save.

Most of the time when someone says it looks good they're talking about 2B. I'd say the main characters are well-made, but everything else ranges from average to poor.

The entire theme of Automata is "life is only worth living if you have something to live for".

2E had a hard life.

>2E had a hard life.
Who doesn't have a hard life in Yoko Taro games?

Emils life actually gets significantly better in some respects.

The watchers seem to have a jolly good time doing what they do.

>forced to make countless clones of himself to fight aliens and protect Kaine and crew
>memory goes to shit
>dies having remembered Kaine's name and why he was fighting in the first place
>SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER

EVERY DAY IS GREAT
WHEN
YOU'RE
ME

Gotta admit I think this one looks poor even by P* standards. Normally, the main characters (including NPCs and bosses) look and animate great while everything else is clearly not on the same level and the environment graphics tend to be the worse of the lot. It's much more noticeable in this game and like MGR, there aren't any areas that give you pause besides maybe the rollercoaster ride. I did like the Copied City/Tower but simplicity works in favor of those.

I got that bit but the phrasing made me think I had to play the quest a third time for something else. My bad.

thats on you being a dick. taro didnt do that to him you choose to do it.

I don't think SquareEnix was expecting this to sell very well. Nier certainly didn't, and they weren't keen on making a sequel in the first place.
You have to keep in mind that a bigger budget would mean that fewer risks could be taken, and execs would get more heavily involved.

I hope Automata does well enough that Yoko Taro get's a slightly bigger budget for his next game, with the same amount of freedom.

even if
he's still wandering around with half a memory, forgetting why he even continues to live besides to continue existing

You get his memory back with the lunar tears. He isn't a copy.

You DID explore all of the desert right? including the most northern part?

you found the emils graveyard right?

sure did

wait, didn't he say he was a copy of himself when he regained his memories, but they were still fuzzy

Emil just wants a quiet life now.

He says they've been fighting so long none of the Emils remember who the original is. If they're all perfect copies with the same memories though does it really matter which one is the original?

Why did Anemone never tell YorHa about Pascal? Don't you think that would be a pretty huge fucking detail to skip over?

suppose not

It'd be a little disturbing to be one of the bigger ones.
The desert fight with the Emils dispairing over fighting alone for so long, with the remixed Emil's theme in the background was pretty horrifying to me.

Agreed but I think it might also be a problem with P*. Even Kojima said as much during the development of MGRR, how they're still lacking on the technical department. The game just doesn't have much interesting locales to see and the disparity between concept art and the actual game is huge.

She probably has too keep it on the down low or else Jackass would blow that shit up.

It's this kinda bullshit that reminds me Valentine is the real hero of SBR.

Because she did and nobody cared?
The actual plot is a simple but convoluted idea.
the whole 'war' was just different factions having a reason to live, yorha was a machine work to keep the project gestalt era androids from being nihilistic and suicidal because without them the machines felt they had nothing to challenge them and without that they themselves had no meaning.

Why are there anti-nier posts as of recent? Is it because waifu-fags and P*-fags bought this game thinking it was going as good as MGR or Bayo?

*machines capacity for evolution that is.

and at the end of it all the surviving replicant android Jackass discovers this and vows to destroy everyone.

Didn't mean to reply. Sorry.

B i n g o

Pretty much, but the machines have nothing to do woth YoRHa though. There's a higher lele of command that we don't see in the game that is responsible. Machines just attack it because command opens the backdoor for them once YoRHa has outlived it's usefulness.

You might want to hack some more machines to get intel like 'Machine Research Report' and 'Pearl Harbor Descent Records' along with all the picture books and weapon stories.
The machines rebuilt themselves into the N2 network behind it all, they made yohra backdoor and all as part of their plan to evolve and keep their enemys antagonistic. Black Boxes are Machine Cores, the bunker was a factory.

Go back to the beginning and watch the yohra propaganda, they tell you nothing but lies, multiple bunkers, aliens being the reason mankind died out on earth. The player characters are puppets right up until the tower.

It would have continued forever if not for the surviving twin models from Nier that felt that the actions of Nier were partially their fault and indirectly Nier leads to this bug in the system and it all comes down.
or doesnt, thats a matter of perspective.

Should I buy a PS3 to for Drakengard 3 and OG nier anons?

But wasn't God, Soul, and Meat box made during project Gestalt?

Reminds me of the wise machines 9S can hack. That part was quite something.

How do you get this one? I know I'm missing two Gestalt reports that are in the factory but I've no clue how to get that.

Weird, my post just up and vanished…

How do you get this file?

They were intergrated into the N2 network, its how the machines found out about the project and why their enemy became apathetic and came up with the moon scam.

Did you use chapter select to go back and let 9s go into space with the machines?

is the crack out yet?

That was my first choice. His part of the finale is so balls-to-the-wall insane, I decided to go with it.
Now I need to use chapter select to get A2's ending.

I've given it a lot of thought and I don't think YoRHa had anything to do with the machines.
The machines realising that they can't kill the androids just forced the fragmentation and evolution of the network to find a solution to that contradiction, rather than make loopholes to extend the contradiction forever.
Also, why would the machines find machine cores more humaine than standard AI that the android have?

Not saying you're wrong since there might not be enough information to tell for certain one way or the other, but here's what I posted last thread for you to poke holes in.

So basically the entire conflict between the machines and the androids is that they got bored doing what they were doing because there was literally no reason to fight anymore and their programming didn't allow them to do anything else so they hatched up a plan to make sure they could both kill each other for the foreseeable future with the option to blow up the bunker when things got too boring?

KILL'EM ALL
FUCKING ROBOTS EATING PEOPLE N SHIT

how feminine is 2B's peen?

Like it says at the end the point of Automata is "life is only worth living if you have something to live for". For the machines that was evolution and the promise of something they could become. When humans went extinct and androids fell into despair then they lost the wall they were throwing themselves at and with that their reason to live.
So they start to deviate their design templates to come up with a solution. This leads to things like Pascal and the Forest King intentionally and unintentionally things like the animal machine.
This leads them to rework their network and during this they intergrate parts from old human quantum computers including the servers for project gestalt. This lets them put 2 and 2 together about why the androids gave up. The machines killed their masters but the androids needed their masters to have a reason to live. So they take machine cores and fashion them into essentially replicant androids. Using the idea of project gestalt they seperate the machine soul from the core and use the core to make new bodies that become the yohra androids that like with the human replicants become sapient. The commander is just the yorha version of popola and her sister.

The events of the game occur and this all starts to unravel as the system basically implodes due to conflicts in the N2 network, you even beat the final fight by not fighting. This causes everything the machines thought to be called into question and this internal fight breaks the system down.

The big mystery isn't who made yorha and why, the mystery is why do the machines know angelic and so on. Logically it suggests they didnt just find the gestalt servers but the dragon research lab servers as well, which suggests either a sequel, some other play or novel or drakengard 4 is in the works.

Seriously, when is this shit getting cracked? I'm not paying $80 for ANY game.

Ausfalia pls go

Hey, I may live in a shithole, but at least it's not THAT shithole. I'm talking maplebucks.

ain't gonna pay for denuvotrash either, because paying for a denuvo game means (((they))) win, denuvo is a pirate delaying mechanism, not an anti piracy measure.

Goons and/or neofag pls go

Why are you calling Pascal a woman? Am I missing somethign?
They are copying a japanese trope with the voice if thats what you're referring to.

That one. Definitely that one what with Eve getting a watcher tattoo.

A man can dream

Clang pls, Pascal is a purepure boy.

I'd rather it have been A2's tummy.

the little guy's just headbutting her robopuss. what will that even accomplish?

That's what I've been pondering about. I haven't played D3 but from what I've read about that time traveling android waifu I'm wondering if this is all some sort of closed paradox loop that is going to circle around at some point and create an ouroboros of suffering.

Do you have any references to the ingame documents where they reference any of this?

I agree that the machines probably found a whole lot of humanity's lost shit about Gestalt and the Dragon, but there's no hint I can think of that they ever influenced the androids at all, let alone used a new form of android gestalisation you suggest.

Why do femanons like to sit on a washing machine?

its all in the intel.

does D3 happen in the drakengard world or the "real" world (aka Nier world)?

i don't want to play rhythm meme bullshit

Drakengard is AU Earth anyways, the only limit to what can happen is how soul crushing an ending Taro thinks up.

It could be, then again Accord was sent into multiple parallel pasts to figure out a way ensure that single time line wasn't actually fucked.

Yeah, I've read it and I can't think of anything like that.
Humour me.

The DoD world.
Right before the events that lead to DoD1.

You think you know better than YoRHa what to do with this cycle's information shipment?

There's a file you get about the machines finding the Gestalt stuff after getting endings C and D, as well as the implications of finding all the Gestalt reports inside the tower and the recreation of the Library. There's nothing concrete about the connection between how androids work and the gestalt system, but the parallels are there and almost certainly intended thematically if not literally.

oh jesus its a prequel to MURDER ADVENTURE featuring blind pedobro? yeah i definitely think im gonna pass on that. thanks for the tip.

It's got some fun dragon segments though, but then again, DoD is known for it's fun dragon segments.

Wonder how many others picked up on that similarity.

Drakengard 1-3: Midgard (dragons, watchers, nowe

Nier, Nier Automata: Earth

Do you have all the intel? there is a lot you can miss like a bunch that unlocks from A2 talking to the project gestalt androids at terminals on the map.

CONGRATURATIONS

silly user you know there's no girls on the internet.

Pre-NGE Anno > Taro > NGE and onwards Anno

Looks more like consensual sex to me, user.

Agreed, Rebuild is fucking shit

Are you saying my anime lied? All those female characters in MMOs aren't really cute high school girls who hate normalfags?

I was expecting that thing to start walking again.

Blue waffle.

It should have been the final boss.

gee
thanks user

Too bad user, I already bought it for myself and a friend.

>believing in 9S' near death experience hallucinations

On another note, what do you think the DLC will be like? We probably won't get any plot content. How about fishing DLC or visual novel DLC?

Caim costume for A2

Nigga this shit is on fucking fextralife for fast fact checking and doesn't say shit about the machines making YoRHa. If the machines made YoRHa, just fucking quote and source that shit, otherwise you have no evidence and should bugger off.

"Said server contained a record of the discarded "Project Gestalt," as well as information on the human who was the first successful example of the Gestalt process."
Use this justify gestalting androids is a bit too far for me. I thought it was more to explain the structure of the library inside the tower and the gestalt reports inside that.

What do you mean? I see the Pearl Harbour Descent records, which only mentions A2's backstory, and the experimental YoRHa squadron. Nothing about gestalt.

Agreed

Five seemed to enjoy herself all the way until Dito drives a sword into her forehead.

And Four enjoyed killing elves, but being a corpse forced to stay alive isn't what I would call fun.

I don't subscribe to the theory that the machines intentionally aped the Gestalt Project, I think it's just a general theme of the game as part of Yoko Taro pulling a George Lucas Poetry moment. Replicant's have their Gestalt's pulled out, they develop their own personalities, Machines get cut off from the network, they develop personalities, loads of sidequests and main quest moments relating to androids moving personalities or memories into and out of different bodies and becoming different people, etc.

user here. I assembled a Holla Forums sings for some MGR songs once, got contributions from about 20 male anons and 4 femanons. Think what you will about what that says about P* audience here on Holla Forums.

being functionally identical to a girl is alright with me ,':^)

archive.li/LRj8R

I like this new meme.

Jesus Christ, and people here want the Reddit audience?

but /cuteboys/ is Holla Forums

What did he mean by this?

Stellar translation by 8-4.

DOD3 got plot DLC so I wouldn't rule it out.

I'm still hoping for DLC where you play as Devola and Popola together, doing something where you're helping an android camp and in the end your deeds go unknown and you're just berated and abused by the androids for fucking up something minor in the process.

Since it is Platinum we might get challenge dlc like mgr's vr mission pack. Nier's dlc was essentially 14 challenge rooms with cryptic call backs to its drakengard roots. Also didn't 9S' jap voice actor want caim costume dlc? I really want Caim, Kaine, and Zero costumes.

Well we also got the Blade Wolf and Jetstream Sam chapters in MGR. I could easily see P* doing something like that for Nier.

What's that fluid leaking from 2E's eyes when she kills 9S?

Emotional lubricant.

The credits scroll from top to bottom on endings C and D and we all know why. What I'm curious about is how common this is. I think maybe a dozen movies at most have done top to bottom credits, and I don't know if another game has done that at all.

Emotions are forbidden though.

That'd actually be pretty fun

Robocum, those are her genitals its why she keeps them covered

It was just a shitpost, but I'm gunna go ahead and say that's canon

All those words to say 'I'm a huge fucking faggot, please give me GRIDS"

Why is this reddit tier reeee shit invading my nier fucking go away you normalfags ruined everything

How/Why did none of the replicants in OG nier not realize or care about how long they were living for. If they are essentially immortal sans the whole gestalt thing, why/how are there children replicants, why is it that pre-moonman Emil doesn't age but that kid that wanted to murder the robot does?

I can already play as A2 though

That's because the whole system resets every now and then until till two of the grimoires do their thing.
At least, that's what I took away from Grimoire NieR

They didn't realize/understand how it worked, similar to child birth, no real concept of what it was

Emil isn't a replicant, he was originally human but magically/genetically modified

Everyday's a sale
Every sale is a win
Buy it right now or you'll cry all night

Everday's a sale
Every sale's a win
Every day is great when you're me
yeah

ok

I was under the impression that they live and age normally but they are replaced when they die.
Also, Emil was a real actual human bean that became immortal petrify kid because of science.

Speaking of credits, Drakengard 3's are weird for being in alphabetical order by name instead of the more traditional ordering. It still places moon man near the end, but was there a real reason for it?

There is no balancing issues. Game is deliberately made ultra flexible. Between 4 difficulty settings and chip system you're supposed to configure overall difficulty yourself.

Don't use chips, don't upgrade weapons, don't use lock on and pod in general. Set partner to passive. If it's still too easy jump on hard.

Build for survivability. Don't use shop chips. Play in tandem with partner, when there is one. Use online bodies as cannon fodder.
Being able to withstand at least one hit VS having essentially 1 HP are two different games.
If even hard is too easy for you jump on Very Hard and build for damage/evasion. You can actually be even stronger than on other difficulties since you don't need to spend space on defense and HP.

Again between very hard and your choice of chips you still can get good amount of challenge. Opera boss is still hard if it can one shot you with literally anything.

TL;DR
Game is designed around player-built difficulty from ground up, it is perfectly balanced.

Are we gunna get a Gremiore Nier type of thing for Automata anons?

There are already stage play and short novel.
SO LIKELY.

Didn't the stage play and novel come out before the game came out

Why the hell does Japan have stageplays for fucking everything

isn't the nier automata world guide like the Grimoire Nier?

you would have a better time trying to explain king crimson

that child singing is just too cute. Melts my fucking heart

That's not fun user. If the game was balanced, you'd have to use your entire moveset, not less of it.

Are you brain damaged? It doesn't matter what fucking difficulty you set it to if you want to refight bosses. All turning on very hard does is make them kill you in one hit too. You'll still beat the boss to a pulp in two seconds with a gimped setup.

Also, you can use this argument to defend nearly any game with bad difficulty balancing ever. It's retarded.

Why does my fucking flag keep coming back?

No clue

Is the kid singing in an actual language? It sounds vaguely like German to me but the lyrics in the last game were just random nonsense if I remember right.

I just assume everything that isn't English or Nip is Angelic.

It's not german - I speak german. I think it's just gibberish, but then again some tracks with vocals in the game sounded like french to me, weird shit

It's another example of Emi's chaos language.

That scene at the end of route A was pretty hot

I popped a sadness boner the first time.

there goes all my save data

I'm regretting rushing through this game. Only when I'm close to 100% with all the stuff that matters am I now finding myself really attached to it. pls let there be story dlc PLS

Also these weapon stories are like a constant contest of trying to outedge eachother to the point of absurdity.

Weapon stories were present way back in Drakengard, too.
Also, pretty much most of the weapons were also in previous titles (some with different names, but still same style).

This reminds me, does anyone have a gallery of the Nier 1 weapons as they changed after each upgrade? I love when weapons in video games do this. Do they also do this in Automata?

U wot?

king crimson is ez
try me m8

King Crimson was only confusing because the translation was trash. It's actually not that difficult to understand and I can use an example from the manga that explains it. **There's the scene where doppio is about to be shot but he uses King Crimson to see how the events are going to unfold. He deletes the space in time between the bullet being fired and it impacting the dirt behind him after going through his head. The events between the bullet being fired and impacting the ground; i.e., going through his head, were erased and never happened.
Time is altered and ends up moving like this.
King Crimson deletes the part of reality in the middle.
Time then begins flowing but like this.
He can't alter things while frozen in time but can delete outcomes to alter the flow of time when it does happen.**
It has been a while since I've read Part 5 though so the details on the event itself might be a bit hazy.

And I fucked up the spoiler, I'm dumb.

It just works, unlike nationalism.

That's the stupidest shit I've read this week. Deliberately limiting your own options is the opposite of fun, and player-built difficulty is a made up term. Fuck outta here.

That's still some existential bullshit. Cause and effect don't work that way. Same us fucking Pucci's history rewind nonsense.
Time stop is still the best AND working stand power to date.
Araki is a hack. Fuck him and his shit.

The only move that is affected by chips is counter. You still have full access to your moveset without any chips except the counter.

Most bosses have invul states where they trashtalk you or muse about some bullshit where you can only dodge their attacks waiting for the next phase kinda like in Kingdom Hearts 2. So no, you can't just beat them to a pulp without having to dodge them on VH.

But that's how all video games work. Name me some "balanced" game and I tell you how to break it and that you have to gimp yourself to have fun with it. It's all the same shit really.
Well except competitive pvp games maybe.

I found that really annoying in later runs, since you'd just obliterate their bar early on then have to hang around for a while.

emil's voice in the dub is fucking obnoxious, and just made me rush through his quest. Is the jap original better? Or is it also similar? If so that would mean I just don't see the appeal of the character at all

I get what you're saying and I agree to an extent. Hack and slash usually devolves into an exercise in min maxing and finding the safest strategies that work at which point the game becomes trivial. But I wouldn't call it perfect like did by any stretch. Personally I think it plays best on very hard when its being the bullet hell it always wanted to be but I still don't think their complaints about the leveling system are unfounded. It definitely needed some more tweaking.

Obviously.

How does it feel living this new reality m80s?

I have no fucking idea what the dubbed voices in Automata are.
In jap he sounds fairly similar to what I remember from Nier, but that was like 10 years ago. He's supposed to sound like creepy kid, slowly descending into insanity, which he actually is.

That's made to ensure that you can't overstat them and still have the basic skill of learning and dodging. But still rewards you for having high stats by ending fights quickly. It's the only system really, that have room for both grinding and non-grinding approach. It's still infinitely better than old good level scaling.
I just wish there were more bosses in general.
Dear god I hate level scaling

Microsoft floundering in Japan has always been kind of a known thing, the 360 despite having a decent complement of Japanese games early in its lifespan never did particularly well there either, and even with the huge marketing push they made for Windows 8 and 10 home PCs still aren't super popular there either. That there was a PC version at all is a miracle that I can only assume came about purely by the strength of the platform in the west and Square Enix's recent testing of the waters with all the random Final Fantasy ports.

Platinum was releasing PC games for quite a while, and they mostly sold really well.
So unless it's directly funded by Sony or Nintendo if Plat makes game, it comes out on PC period. It's just so happened to be Automata this time.

Oh and yeah Sqeenix was probing steam for years and it's fully aware of plat games' success and how weeb shit sells to gaijins.
No way it wouldn't be on steam.

Question, is there a better way to get Pure Water and Filler metals for upgrading pods? I really don't want to keep exiting and entering areas to respawn collection spots.

I still prefer if there was a level sync option in the settings or something of the sort. That way I could switch it on the fly were I so inclined. I'm all for the dial-a-difficulty setup but it really needs more options for it to feel truly fleshed out as far as I'm concerned.

NIS and KT have also started throwing everything on PC to see what sticks as well. Hell even Gust is starting to. That's something I never thought I'd see.

I think you can buy filler metals from amusement park shop after you beat c/d route.
For water is the only option is to farm and search with scanner pod.

Digital PC games sell, even if it's a japanese game gaijins will buy it good enough to cover whatever porting expenses, it was question of time before corporate japs would catch up to it.
Era of discs and regional restrictions is long gone. Unless you're SEA monkey lol

I'll keep that in mind when I next replay the game. I thought E was the last ending and gave up my data.

oh well, gives me an excuse to see how some of the side quests will turn out if I choose differently.

Spoiler; you got the joke ending

>The credits scroll from top to bottom on endings C and D and we all know why.
I'm retarded, what's the meaning behind it?

That exactly how it translates for children.

I only just got to the robot village and I'm already getting some serious fucking sadness going on

Oh boy.
Reminder that you can always stop after ending A.

Feel the feels user. Let them flow.

Now remember all the comrades you've lost since the start of the game and all the corpses you've stepped over and LET HER RIP.

Honestly I find most of the other robutts cuter than 2B.

pay $45 on GMG with signup discount any a coupon you can find online

THIS. CANNOT. CONTINUE.

buy the superior console version

Boar drifting looked better in Gestalt.

I just finished the game on the first ending. Man, i was actually expecting it to be longer. I mean, i know i have to replay it like four times but still, it felt short and unfinished. I hope the other endings will fill that void

You've completed about 1/3 of the game so far m8

Thats great to hear, i was having so many questions about A2

They will.
The only problem is route B as it is identical to A but with other character.
Next route is a completely new game though.

isnt route D a big ending too?

nope, at the end of route C/D, you have to choose something. That something will have you do a boss fight, and each have seperate endings.

Routes C and D are basically one big routewith THREE endings

three endings on two routes? christ.

It does, mein Führer.
The last bit comes at you with almost no build up. You go with Pascal and join a cult with a super catchy theme song and then it's robot zombie apocalypse and Eve going Leeroy Jenkins out of nowhere. Maybe the point was having shit turn up to eleven with no warning but still feels it needed something between those parts.

It luckily gives you the option to chapter select when you complete the route once,

The problem was that i didnt even think adam and eve were the main bad guys from the beginning, i just thought they were some weird android offspring that would push the story forward. They were easy as fuck to beat anyways so it just hit me like a brick wall when you killed eve and the game ended

Jesus christ where are you that Nier is 80 dollars?

Fixed that for you, buddy.

Anyways does berserk actually do anything? I don't seem to put out any real difference in strength.
Also are there only two pod options or did I miss some?

Its the ending, if you want to be happy. If else, keep going.

So, any ETA on a crack? Not going to spend a dime on a denuvo game.

Oooh are there "muh feels" upcoming? That is exciting

Not even Nier is safe from the moonman.

That wasn't even death, he got completely erased from existence and memories of ones that loved him

over leveling is a problem, the solution isnt to gimp yourself. the solution is to crank up the difficulty when it gets too easy. the game doesnt require you to start from the beginning to change the difficulty.
after hitting around level 40 i'd recommend cranking it up to hard.

After beating the first route in this game, all I can think about is how empty my life is. Why can't I have an amazing action-filled journey and bond with my Android waifu?

"la la la la la la la la la la"

How fortunate for you that Route B exists.

la la la la la

I would sell anyone of you to a qatari prince with a trap fetish just to be able to draw like that

Feels good mane

Source?

There was one cute change in the english dub, in one of the instances where 9S jokingly berates the commander for being a "slave driver", he actually imitates a whip crack sound with his voice. It was pretty good in context, made me laugh.

;_;

I will be working on this route next.

I feel like I should know what that is.

>The only move that is affected by chips is counter. You still have full access to your moveset without any chips except the counter.
>>Don't use chips, don't upgrade weapons, don't use lock on and pod in general. Set partner to passive. If it's still too easy jump on hard.
Learn to read nigger.

I have already beat 95% of this game on very hard. You don't know shit.
>Adam and Eve in the alien ship.
>A2
>Adam in the copied city.
>21O
>Ko-Shi, Ro-Shi and their combined form.
>Every time you hit them, the screen will immediately flip to the other character. You'll be practically invulnerable.
>A2 and 9S

The only boss with states of invulnerability where it talks about bullshit is Adam. The only fights that were improved somewhat for replayability late game by playing on very hard, are Hegel, and Adam in the copied city.

There's a difference between there being a way for a game to be broken, and the game being broken for the vast majority of setups you retard.

sadly user, life simply isn't even that easy… you got two choices

1. Devote yourself to crafting images of beauty with careful practice and measured dedication…
2. Hire someone to do it for you.

Study and draw every day for at least one hour a day, preferably more.
You should get respectable within two years.
Start right fucking now, because in two years time you're gonna look back and think "man, if only I started drawing a few years ago, I'd be great right now". You probably think that right now, don't you? And you'll keep thinking that every fucking year for the rest of your life.

Time will pass either way, so there's no reason not to start. The longer you put it off the more you'll regret it.

I've already started but those "learning plateau" fucks me up every time

But what if I want to play vidya instead?

This is too real.
I came into this thread to see 2B's ass, not to evaluate if I'm spending my time wisely.

is A2 the least insane peoples in this game? She literally did nothing wrong and 9S hate boner for her is completely unjustified.

Also, you can visit Adam and Eve diner table. I wonder if you can meet them there earlier

Git gud

Reading comprehension nigger.

Are you actively studying?
Just drawing a lot won't help after awhile, you have to seek out your flaws and try to correct them.
Post some of your stuff. Don't be embarrassed if it's bad, every great artist was bad at some point unless they're a savant.

You're complaining that VH is too hard, that's all I need to comprehend you filthy casual.

Where did I say that? Quote me nigger.

I used to draw when i was younger but school and problems got in and i had to stop for years.
As now i've started again from the basics, so pen, lines, boxes, ellipses,etc. are what i'm doing now following drawbox site or directly Peter Han videos that i got from /loomis/.

CRACK
WHEN

3 pods, the one you start with, another you can find in the desert, and the last one you can get while fishing in the sea of the sunken city.

You have to realise, 9S only sees her stab 2B to death, he doesn't know that 2B was infected.
How would you react if the love of your life was killed in front of your eyes without knowing what lead to it?

You really can't read, can you?
He said every enemy phase was over in one hit, I would not call that complaining about game being too hard.

Somewhere in this 300 post thread.
No go learn how to not suck if you have so much free time.

When everyone and their grandma has 26 endings and one savior ship lol.

NEVER EVER

Have you tried spacing it out? Sometimes progress can be halted by doing it too much. Wait a week or so and try to draw again, you might just need a little while to "digest" the progress. Plateaus can suck, but you'll always get through them eventually.
Like I already said, post something you've drawn.

I've been on this site near two and a half years and I still don't know how to do that

It's okay, I still don't know how to aesthetic text.

I'm saying this from a player's perspective, even then, A2 still trying to reason with 9S and keep her promise to 2B. She literally died trying to help other peoples. A2 is like an innocent by stander caught in a terrible collateral damage.

You mean a e s t h e t i c?
Teach me how to do the spoiler thing and I'll teach you the vaporwave text

For now i've drawing nothing, my last draw is like 5-6 year old and god only knows where it is now
Mostly i did try to retake confidence with the tools, so i just have 3-4 pages from notebooks full of lines and circles.

Alsois this how it works?

Ah fuck it

best girl
forever best girl

ive been to this area. im in A2s story now. this door at the top has always had shit blocking it. maybe it frees up in chapter 3 but its definitely not open before then.

maybe clipping through the wall?

I feel like I'm the only person who played the PC version and didn't get a glitchy broken mess. maybe you guys need better computers

Yoko Taro once again proves vidya is superior to all other mediums.

Gotta say, I really like this game, but I think Taro is getting soft. I just rewatched some stuff from Nier's second playthrough and I was welling up at seeing Gestalt Nier and Yonah reunited and all of the terrible reveals. Nothing really touched me in Automata.

Nah some fucked up shit happens in Automata, I guess it's just since they're robots you don't connect to them the same way as with humans.
And since the game ends on a happy note I guess it undermines the effect of despair through the rest of the game

Finding Pascal selling "junk" after wiping his memory was just fucked up, apply that to a human and he was basically selling body parts, and children hearts to people that past by simply because he doesn't know what they are.
I do admit nothing hit me as hard as "No one stops" from the original, funny enough the hardest feels I got from Automata were from Devola and Popola's past.
Side quests are pretty standard for Taro though, one of them even implies pedophilia. However we're never going to get a game as fucked up as Drakengard that's for sure.

So basically nothing that happened in Nier matters and humanities and all sentient organic life fucking dies?

Nier 3 will be all about a battle between Boars and Moose in the far future after they evolved to sapience.

Is all of Nier basically a troll?

I mean somehow humanity is kill even though Androids have our DNA and don't clone us, goddamn bullshit.

I'd play that

I think cloning was addressed in Nier, cloned humans still suffered from White Chlorination Syndrome so any new humans cloned ran into the same issues normally born humans did.

That's only because there were still humans around to catch it from though, and the magic shit was still in the atmosphere or whatever.

Would that shit still happen like 6000 years after all humans are kill?

And hell they could just clone humanity and put them back on the Moon, I call bullshit. They explicitly stated they have our DNA.

I want to cum on A2's bellybutton.

Which quest?

Also, ending D was pretty fucked up. It wasn't as over the top and crazy as giant demon babies raining down from the sky but watching 9S squirm and weep in pain for a solid minute before dying was really was somewhat realistic and more unsettling for it.

The world needs more A2 tummy

You're not alone. It was the same here.

New thread when?

bumpan

Clone them with what? You have DNA, maybe eggs and sperm too but no wombs. You can't grow a human in a petri dish.

How exactly do you progress machine examination 2 quest?
It was around 10 hours and a whole bunch of side quests since Engels was willing to talk to me.
Is it bugged on PC or something?

I have no idea where to find that gear you need in part 2. IIRC, the game doesn't mark the first parts you need but they're dropped by killing the robots with the chunky arms and the thin legs.

Wait, I mean he says that he's tired and quest stays opened.
Do you mean I need to actually find something to trigger further progression?

I'm actually confused now. Did you find the 4x something item and the 1x something item to get him to talk the second time?

It literally triggered after I made this post.
Fucking hell.

Goodwork

I'm doing the 9S run at the moment, is this pretty much 2B's first run plus extra scenes? I'm sure I'm seeing new stuff for the first time.

Some extra scenes, some different dialogue & 9s specific quests. Greatest differences between A&B route are towards the end. After that its all new stuff.

Holla Forums sings Weight of the World when?

I finally finished the game. I don't feel much. Why are machines in spaces and ending E mutually exclusive?

The one where you have to collect Yorha data chips for a guy and he claims he wants to start a family, then when you get there his family is consisted of only one 9S model that constantly says "Please help".

am i imagening shit or is the translation sometimes quite loose? i could swear there are moments the subtitle are telling something different or at least in a way different tone.

Not imagining it. Sometimes it's just better flowing lines to avoid 'hacky' direct translations, but sometimes it's wildly different. Mainly I've noticed it in 2B's oneliners when she answers 9S's questions.

And then MAIL RECEIVED AT ACCESS POINT
You read it and it reports that machines killed them.
There's also Resistance Disappearance, where the choice to tell the girl the truth reminds me of that one quest in Seafront where you can let the guy live happily with his new family in blissful ignorance or tell the truth and guarantee his death by rage.
In this case though, picking any option still makes the girl go, either for revenge or to keep searching for the guy

11B's memento has the most interesting difference between giving her the info or not. Crazy lesbians.

Yap, it's in minor stuff but you're right. the one that does annoy me is that they made 2B more sarcastic in the english dub, which ends up going against her character, it's bad but that's the only thing.

Oh and at very few points they make 9S a bit more of a joker.
In a quest 9S asks if there really is a God or something on the other side, in which 2B replies "They will find out in the end, just like us", in japonese 9S says "I guess so…" showing that he felt bad out it, but in the english version he just goes "WOW 2B THAT WAS GRIM XD".
It takes away a bit of the depth in the characters but nowhere near Drakengard 3 levels of localization.

That was probably one of the small number of things I didn't see coming from a kilometre away.
I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but most of the batshit characters are women.

yeah that scene in the spoiler is one of those moments where it really felt strange how the tone of voice acting and the subtitles didn't match at all.

They aged like people and they knocked them out and left new kids replicants with them

Ah, thanks!

Someone set us up the bomb and let's do this

The subtitles follow the English dialogue, IIRC. I'm not even a good nip speaker, but I can follow along well enough to notice what's actually being said and the translation is slightly different. A lot of the time it's with 9S and his subtle mannerisms that are unique to the Japanese language and so doesn't quite reflect in English. For example, one time when dealing with his operator the line in Japanese was 'Hai Hai', which like a smartass and rebellious way of saying you understand to kind of undermine the person you're talking to, but the English translation changed it to just Roger (or something). It's around when you go to the Resistance base the first time.
Other times, he will say Hai in a playful manner, but will be translated as the more rude 'Hai hai' meaning.

9S is actually a really smarmy character, he is like male Bayonetta but more innocent.

He is a bit of a joker in the Japanese, particularly with his operator. I don't remember that particular scene in the first run, but I'm only on route B at the moment. So I can see why they might have changed that, but it's dumb because 9S also has a sensitive side which his more joker side hides.

No that happens because of nier and crew

Don't excuse them saying it couldn't have been translated. It could have been. Especially considering they were already using the slightly stupid ma'am, they could have easily done a playful saying of "Ma'am, yes, ma'am." when he replies to 21O.

Not excusing it all. I can just see how they would go with how he is at the start and roll with it. I should have been more specific with how I didn't like it when I stated that it was dumb they would do that. But almost 4AM me isn't the best.

Compared to Bayo, at least.