I just beat this for the first time last night and I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that IX is better

I just beat this for the first time last night and I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that IX is better.

Prove me wrong.

I can't. You win.

tifa's tits are bigger.
non of the post FF6 games are good, so you are comparing shit to a turd user. I thought fascist where supposed to have standards

You might have a point if 9's combat wasn't so slow.

Tifa in the remake is still the deciding factor on whether or not I get it.

Who'd want to? Pretty much everyone here agrees that FF7 is the most overrated of the series. Of the three I've played though, it's still my favorite.

>virtual tits are not even a but the deciding factor
You have irredeemably shit taste. The OP indicated such, but this confirms it beyond any doubt.

First day here?

When did you play IX? A lot of comparisons are based on nostalgia and "my first RPG" bias. Give some arguments to keep this thread from being completely shit. Like everyone else here I agree VII is overrated, but put some effort into your OP

Played IX last year. I was an N64 kid, so I never got to play them when they first came out. I prefer how IX gives you some freedom with skills, but still keeps characters locked to classes.

No. Limit Breaks work better than Trances

Trances are way better faggot what are you talking about?

Random battles fucking every few seconds and then ten seconds of the camera panning around the battlefield before any action actually starts. So fucking stupid.

Damn straight. If they fuck up Tifa then there's no redeeming the game at all. Reducing those tits will be the canary in the coalmine that the game is pozzed.

Also true. Trances were shit, frankly. Limit Breaks are infinitely better than shitty Super Saiyan mode.

IX did a lot of things right, but it also did many things wrong. It had slow combat, too many random battles, and was filled with furry bait.

IX is overrated shit

Prove me wrong.

i can't, FF IX is better!

FFIX is just a pure maiden. It's not perfect, fucking slow ass battle camera pan, though it could be the battlefield loading. It feels so innocent without being childish.

Everything after midgar and before disk 2 (specifically after cloud tells them about sephiroth and before you meet Cid) was pretty sloppy and wrecks the game.

The clues and directions you get for tracking sephiroth range from easily missable, to confusing to outright contrived. When the tutorial instructions that were explaining how to use the car vehicle suddenly go "Oh by the way, we saw sephiroth heading south of here" I nearly turned the game off.

rest of the game is really good though. I don't think they did enough to draw the parallel between Sephiroth/Jenova and Garland/the four fiends.

9 was far more polished in what it seemed to set out to do of the PS1 games, but in the end limited by design.
Essentially, I always saw it as a far more interesting adventure, but a weaker overall game than the other two.

The main characters are even more boring than Vaan and Penelo
The villain is a boring tranny faggot
The Trance system is the worst fucking thing in existence
Every combat takes for fucking ever and they pop every two paces
IX is the worst of the fucking PS1 FF games.

Aside from the word trance what you just said can describe any Final Fantasy game.

Freya for most destroyed wifu

IX is the only one where I can't immediately tell you what the fuck the story was really about off the top of my head. Whereas I could easily summarize the main points every other FF, even fucking XIII.

A boy with a tail comes from an alien planet to earth to destroy it but doesn't because as a child he forgets his mission, and he ends up saving the planet from an evil overlord. Also when he gets mad in battle he starts to glow and gets super strong.

I think the only reason I didn't notice how slow the battles in FF9 are are because I spent all that time just trying to figure out what the character models actually looked like.

There wasn't any internet back then, and all the promotional art made it kinda hard to figure out what any of them looked like. The best bet was seeing them during battles, but with the camera swooping everywhere it was almost like it's own meta game.

And then trance modes start up and now you have to figure out how THOSE work. But now their all 1 solid color so it's even harder to figure out. Like was Garnet still wearing leggings or was that some high-cut lingeriee or something.

The villain from 8 is using the Mist from 3 to take over the world, but she's being manipulated by the terrans from 4 led by garland from 1 who are using the Tree from 5 to remove the Mako from 7 until Kuja from 6 betrays him and goes full sephiroth.

I don't know how 2 contributed, though.

-Kefka from 6

i prefer 8

Hmm. Sounds familiar. Can't quite place it.

Final Fantasy VI was decent for what it was 20 years ago on the SNES. But it really was little more than a product of its time – everything new it brought to the table was done better by any and every game that came out after it, and everything that wasn't unique to it at the time was done better by games that had come before it. The Magicite system, for example, was little more than a stripped-down Job system from FF5.

Anyone who believes that FF6 is the pinnacle of the series is deluded.

Him?

Hmm.

Hmmmmmm.

Well, whether IX or VII is better than the other depends on which yiff bait you like more

CUNNY

Garnet's ass > Tifa's tits

ftfy

8>7>10>9 for subjective personal enjoyment
7>10>8>9 for quality of product and polish
9>7>10>8 for attracting those outside normal tastes to increase monies.

I wish anyone under the age of 30 on this board would get a flesh eating disease and die.

IX was the hipster response to FFVII fandom. The actual experience it offers is bland as fuck, with very little to actually do and explore.