Anyone still play WoW?

Anyone still play WoW?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=teSSu9aHSXc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I tried "free play until level 20" thing and combat killed me.
I don't understand how people can play something this dull.
I like artstyle though.

Nope.

:(

WoW always sucked. First reply hit the nail on the head.

oops

if it wasn't so shit and its updates weren't shit and its everything wasn't shit maybe.
I mean seriously just might as well be playing ffxiv and having the best music best fights best updates and best catgirls

Started in vanilla with alliance human priest main. (disc pvp / holy raid) Played up to release of Cata and never expanded. Walked away and having gone back. It was a great game for it's time, but I got sick of trading raid epics for quest greens. Profession and gear grinding for shit results every new expansion finally broke me. Fond memories. Sometimes I miss it, but I won't go back. Blizz has since scrapped all my toons as I no longer can find them on armory. (using out of date terms because I'm an out of date WoW player)

Please don't bring WoW trash to XIV.

Yeah, but only in utmost secrecy. It's rightfully hailed as a terrible game at this point, and I'm ashamed to be trying to pug heroic guldan right now.

why is Persona 3 MC bullying Mai Natsume?

I'll put it this way. Grandpa Warcraft is an old, dying, sickly man who is being tortured by the day because he is still on life support. Mama Blizzard needed to pull the plug a long time ago and put Grandpa out of his misery.

OUT OUT OUT^

There used to be enough people in WoW to have small armies clash

Why?

You never played WoW in it's prime? Pretty much everyone played WoW at some point. You haven't? Hmm.

Maybe if you were a little shit back then and didn't know any better. Hmmm.

I'd fuck your Night Elf.

That webm is fucked, you need a frame of something innocuous in the middle, or the thumbnail gives it completely away.

Sounds like you're underage, kiddo. Why are you still up? Don't you have school tomorrow?

fucc me

I had a few screenshots like this on other games but they're all gone

Right, wow was you faggots' first babby mmo and I'm the underage one.

I can't you're not on Moon Guard

UO was my first "MMO" and I played EQ before WoW but okay, kiddo. Hell, I played Runescape before WoW too.

WoW players, lmao.

No, WoW is garbage.

Not sure if you're a newfag or if you're just b8ing.

So you know about UO and then act like a retard by claiming that EVERYONE played wow.
wow players lmao

WoW is the most successful MMO of all time. The fact that you like to pretend that you didn't play WoW REALLY shows your age, kiddo. Heh. :^)

You must love cod and skyrim threads.

I still play occasionally. I really enjoy pvp and the new survival hunters are fun to play. But that's about all I log on for. I don't care to raid and while I do enjoy the story at parts, I pretty much saw all I wanted to see

Alright.

Getting better with every post. Really makes you think what kind of people still plays this garbage.

You forgot the best one.

On the other hand, actually playing the game is almost as autistic.

Weird, I didn't know autistic faggots were allowed on the computer this late

I've got a test-account for Burning Crusade, and It's pretty faithful to the original so far.

See:

Kiddo :^)

No, you're right, maybe I'm the retard. I'm just checking with the top player in the region if pvp is actually magically fun again like you claim. Please hold.

God your a pathetic sheep. Get your own opinion fuckwad

I only ever played the game because of the friends I played it with, like 90% of them dropped off after WotLK, as it seems to also be the case with the playerbase in general. The phenomenon of WoW is over, and the only people still playing it are the people who have invested so much time that they feel it'd be a waste to stop now.

"the dude in that picture is probably extremely normal compared to the creature saying he is enjoying pvp"

You're new here aren't you?

I'm the only one of my friends who still plays. Rather than force them into playing something they probably don't enjoy, I just found a guild to play with now.
It's a strange feel.

It doesn't matter how long you've parked your wheelchair at the bottom of the staircase, you're never going to get up it.

I wanted to like Legion but I got bored by November.

It probably doesnt help that I don't raid and havent since 4.3, but still

It's not a strange feeling. Shitters never were apart of a progressive mythic guild.

Sorry I don't listen to sheeps, once you get your own opinion on a game, maybe we can talk. Until then, go back to cuckchan and follow everything they say, they are more your speed

Lesser animals like you never have the self-awareness to realize how hilarious you accusing others of being animals really is.

You guys got kicked out the 4/vg/ general? Must have quite the autism to have that happen.

You sure are delusional bud; aren't ya?

Keep going there are plenty more smug pictures to use

teach me your ways, senpai

Remember, always check em for threads like this.

Those people who played even it's prime where what's called canverous faggots, of which you're one.

heh, check these kid

Conferring directly with the top player in the region, a friend and former arena team mate who still plays the game due to being hopelessly addicted to it. You, like every other member of your kind, seem to believe that we are both just posturing in this discussion, and that if you keep posturing, you can eventually win. You don't seem to realize that when this talk comes to action, you would lose. There is nothing behind your posturing. You are just background noise in the game, I would treat you like a mob in any pvp encounter, cleaving you and the others like you down without much effort, while perhaps finding some 3k rated enemy in the fray to actually challenge me. Then you would be angry and confused, you wouldn't understand that you can't just talk your way to being good. Eventually, you would settle down and beg for tips, like everyone else ever has, or retreat further into your delusion and avoid me. As it stands, you clearly don't know what your place is, and I do actually feel pity for you not being able to discover it under my campfire.

Remember to downvote shit threads!

Yawn… at least make a tl;dr if you're going to type a essay.

I think you hit the nail right on the head there user

The reason that the game isn't worth playing has nothing to do with my intelligence, it is because the devs have been openly antagonistic towards pvp for years since they consider it a waste of effort to balance enough to satisfy the "unreasonable" pvp crowd.

Pve is a meaningless hamster wheel for imbeciles who measure their success in participation ribbons awarded for showing up, following the ultra specific queues of their various addons, and sucking guild leader dick. It is filled with the lowest elements of the player base, for whom the game is a confusing haze that can only be partially mastered through rote learning. They are animals and should not be permitted a voice. Their understanding of and ability in the game is captured succinctly by them in full raid epics being killed by someone like me in leveling greens. High level pvpers have always found raiding trivial, and if they transition to it as a coherent guild, always instantly become one of the best. Raiders from the best raiding guilds range from min-maxing pvper to functionally retarded, mostly skewed towards the latter.

Pvp is the distillation of the game and its mechanics, and people who are highly successful at the structured elements of it will be exposed to problems and imbalances, understand their cause, and which, if they genuinely believe in improving the game, they would report to the devs. The first mistake of the devs was to confuse such people with others who were highly successful yet egocentric, and only used their advisory positions to get buffs for themselves and their teams. The second mistake was to officially abandon dialogue with pros because of this. Since then, they have only distanced themselves further to the detriment of the game as a whole, because while pvers have no real clue about what makes the game good, they are still able to gauge the quality of the game with a sort of animal instinct, and they too can sense that it has gone down, hence the shriveling playerbase.

Lad, if you were an actual raider, you wouldn't give half a fuck of what you do right now. You think mythic raiders give a shit about mythic drops when you could get the same ilvl gear or more from grinding keys or even doing world quests? Get out.

Lorewise my favorite part of WoW was the ancient bug cities, Ahn'Qiraj, Azjol Nerub, the Mantid etc.
What other games have neato bug civlizations?

Dialogue with you is about as meaningful as dialogue between you and the pictured goat.

youtube.com/watch?v=teSSu9aHSXc

I raided WotLK super hard with a guild just below poopsock tier and feel like I got the full WoW experience. I don't know why anyone kept playing past Wrath. You can tell that O.G. dev team intended that to be the grand finale that they shared with us as they moved on to other projects within Blizzard.

I only log on because I have my vanilla gear and get faggots blow me.

Yeah I'm sure you totally didn't just buy it from BMAH, faggot.

my nigger of refined taste

I totally bought gear that's not even available on the BMAH. Oh, want me to shitpost? The ring. My wand. KT loot. Naxx40 gear. Resist gear. Yeah bro, totally bought it. LMAO

Let it go dude, Its been 13 years.

This is pretty pathetic.

how new are you kid?

WoW

Heroic isnt really a big deal. My friend has maintained a recurring heroic raid for ages, and even back in WotLK GDKP did work.

Opposite really. /wowg/ is a shit show and I stopped posting since it's just a bunch of shitty erp etc. I enjoyed the general up until towards the end of MoP roughly.

Playing Wotlk on the first time in a private server called warmane.

So basically you haven't played it.

I promised myself to never buy a video game since 2009.
I'll keep to that promise.

Not only that but he's playing retail and still subbed. You don't get to shit on others when you're king of the cucks.

And this matters how? dude's playing it without rose tinted glasses so he's going to see how shit wrath was.

I quit 6 years ago, and I do not miss the game one bit. Can't even play private servers of it anymore, I'm so fucking done with this garbage game.

The game was out in 2004. What.

Stop posting frog girls it does weird things to my peepee

Frog girls are cute, cute girls are cute

quality post

XIV is equally bad if not worse
the community is RPers, Sasuke Uchihas, the gameplay is slow (3 second global cooldown), even more grind than Legion, and absolutely nothing to do.

you're a faggot, user.

Looks like someone's jealous of stoneform in these trying, melee heavy times.

Id rather have an egg

10 cents has been deposited in to your account

I've played from vanilla to wotlk and I don't want to see any more grinding for the rest of my life. Now I actively cheat and mod any game which believes it can lock me out of features with a grind wall.

I left behind my will to get cucked somewhere in netherstorm.

Never played it nor any MMO for that matter. I don't think that I missed much.

On live?
Fuck no.

I haven't played live since WOTLK.

No regrets on that either, and no interest in ever getting back into live WoW.
I do however play on elysiums servers.

PURE COINCIDENCE

They upped it to what? It was 14.95 since launch.

It may be an old vid, but it's still cancer.

He's right tbh. WoW was pretty fucking casual even on launch. There were better MMOs out there even back then. There's a solid argument to be had whether even fucking RuneScape was a better MMO than WoW.

My friend, I played WoW a bit on launch. I experienced the cancer. The people who was nostalgic about WoW today have forgotten what a fucking chore the game was, what a colossal bore it is to play, and how fucking retarded the devs were when it came to balance (World of Roguecraft lampooned the state of balance pretty well). The game honestly wasn't fun. The sense of advancement and accomplishment is what was fun. It sucked absurd amounts of hours from your life for the sake of that ding! or shiny piece of loot and that sense of social approval or admiration. It was designed by retarded nolifer scum for retarded nolifer scum. If I want some grindfest game I'd sooner play Mabinogi than WoW because at least the combat is playable and somewhat entertaining.

It's a fucking shame they replaced the WoW devs with EQ shitters shortly before vanilla launch. Tigole and buddies fucked WoW up right proper. It might've been decent if they had less retarded balance and didn't focus on bullshit nolifer scum grinds. All you have to do is open that manual that came with vanilla World of Warcraft to see all the broken promises and how badly WoW's concept got fucked by the shithole EQ devs who knew better than anyone how to fuck the game up.

You don't remember all the frustration and disappointment that was vanilla WoW, the giant amounts of forum rage it had, and the fucking worthless lying CMs they instated, class imbalances, running a dungeon 100 times for crap like Ironfoe, and classes that plain failed at what they were supposed to do. I remember that shit. Vanilla WoW was fucking cancer. Serious fucking cancer.

I got out sometime around 1.4 but from what I've learned WoW has been a sack of fail in different ways since.

It's funny how many of those icons I recognize as holdovers from Warcraft 3.

So was Ultima online.

While I give it points for being original in it's fetch quests they were no different than the average MMO quest.

or

MMOs are designed to keep players interacting with the game as long as possible and have a added facet of back in the day of being one of the few games with a online community that not only gathered in offsite places but in game.

rly makes u thonk

Whatever you say skippy.
I loved classic WoW when I was younger, and I am still playing it today on elysium and having a blast.

You sound like one of those fucking mmo purest who think all mmo's should be click fests with little interface and zero handholding, but then you can't help but sperg and complain that vanilla was too difficult.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together, who actually fucking played the mmo's of old and new will tell you this.
Old WoW, vanilla, was the most optimized mmo of it's time, with the best interface, the best chat system, the best party system, the best loot system, the best crafting system, the best dungeon system, the best graphics, the best combat system, ect ect ect.

It got more hand holdy over time, which is why most hardcore players backed out after 2012 at the latest.

I mean, your fucking gripes sound like gripes against mmo's in general.
Grinding for levels gear and loot.
Say it aint so, good thing other classic mmo's didn't have that.

Oh wait, they did.

Fuck off fucc boi.

That's some great nostalgia there, really salient points about it being the best at everything because you liked it. The fact that everything was streamlined to hell and back doesn't mean it was better, just that it was simpler.

Lurk moar.

Worthwhile post/10

Dude, WoW was mechanically easy as fuck. The difficulty in that game was mostly gated to how much time you invested in obtaining the right gear rather than how much skill you needed to git gud. Skill wasn't involved in that game (unless you count memorizing some boss patterns while you push the same button 1000+ times as "skill" wooo) unless you were PvPing but the average player was total scrub cancer, Rogues were ezmode if you wanted to own people, and the game took a really half-assed approach to PvP because it was made by EQ PvE grindwhores. World PvP was primarily incidental rather than anything they designed around (and to my understanding it was pretty much removed in Burning Crusade with the introduction of flying mounts), battlegrounds took really long to be implemented and then they called it a fucking day instead of making more like they'd promised, and the honor system was a fucking horrible nolife grind while a lot of top gear and PvP items came from PvE raids so if you wanted serious gear for PvP there was still no escaping the retarded grind. On the bright side the average PvPer was fucking retarded though (we're talking maybe 5% of the playerbase that understood how to PvP) so you had tons of cheap ways to own enemies even in shit gear if you actually learned PvP. Rogues in particular were infamous for owning enemies while fucking naked.

All WoW cared about was the dogshit ultra-repetitive grinds. It didn't care about getting good. Seriously, it was an abomination.

You can only pretend to be retarded so much before you're just actually retarded, user.

Nope. I, like tried it once, doing the free level 20. I made a zombie and wandered through some area with gigantic yellow maggots. It took me a while with all the death but I made it to where the blood elves live. Then I quit because bored.
This, tbh.

Well you tried not to be a dunce, tried.

You mean as in you don't even fucking know what you're talking about, because burning crusade had shitloads of world pvp going on every goddamn day.
Burning crusade is regarded as THE best times in WoW, but thanks for exposing yourself as someone who is just vomiting up shit they read somewhere on the net without actually having any experience in classic wow or BC.

You don't even know what you're talking about, and it's cute.

Not even sure why I bothered replying.

Prove me wrong.

Always related.

This a fucking joke? WoW was infamous for the giant amount of UI mods it required to overcome the abomination that was the standard WoW interface. If you ran the default interface it was proof positive that you were a colossal noob. What's next, were you a fucking clicker who didn't know how to hotkey and use the keyboard either?

The best thing that could be said about the WoW interface was that it was moddable, at least until some patch broke whatever mod you were using because it offended Blizzard's scrubby sensibilities somehow.

Bog-standard party system son. Not sure what the fuck you're smoking. Guild Wars 1 is better.

That was most certainly not true. Grinding the same instance over and over again and hoping the RNG will give you the item you wanted this run gave people cancer. And all the Bind on Pickup and Bind on Equip gear was also fucking bad.

Crafting system was an abomination, user. All you did was acquire shitty recipes to collect ingredients which were redeemed for predefined pieces of loot. They were basically DIY fetch quests. Even the craftable items which had variation in their properties (of Stamina, of the Owl, of the Bear, of Shadow Power, or whatever the fuck - you get the idea) were assigned those properties by a shithole RNG while you were crafting it rather than giving you the option to build the item the way you wanted.

Pic related. This was the state of Paladins throughout all of vanilla.

Look, I get you're dense, but you should understand that there's a thing called context and nuance. PvE was simply gear-gated. PvP would have been gear gated if the community wasn't a colossal pack of worthless scrubs easily shat on by playing smartly or abusing consumables and engineering. Once you were up against other decent PvPers though gear made all the fucking difference (surprise fucking surprise - how the fuck you didn't manage to figure this out I don't know). If you want to pretend WoW was not about itemization (and racials, in PvP) you are on serious fucking drugs.

No shit numbnuts. I said I left in 1.4. You are the slowest fucking retard if you just figured out that I wasn't around for Burning Crusade. That said, to my understanding you couldn't world PvP flying mounts (once they nerfed Discombobulator Rays to stop dismounting people anyway) or PvP while flying so the old world PvP ganking diminished immensely. Maybe it was different, and I'd like to say you're the expert, but it's clear you're a dumbass so I can't say that.

Burning Crusade also pretty much called it a day when it came to battlegrounds and went arenas uber alles. Arenas were nice, but the focus was offputting as fuck. And adding Shamans to Alliance and Paladins to Horde was also a fucking abomination. Sure they did it for balance, but it was the bad kind of balance. The kind where you make everything the same and consider that a better game somehow. Same reason they eventually took out Priest racials to my understanding.

theres a couple private servers coming out in the next few weeks for TBC. I'll be playing on those

WoW is still fun if you have friends to play with.

You keep ignoring the OF THE TIME part of my claim.

Never said it was balanced, any mmo that strives for true balance between classes is fucking stupid and fails hardcore to do so, and your post has little I even feel inclined to respond to.

And still you go on about how things were in BC yet admit you never fucking played it.

Fuck off fucc boi, you don't even know what you're on about.

You missed Furor (Alex Afrasiabi) and Tigole's infamous rants on how hybrids were an abomination that had to avoid upstaging delicate "pure" classes. That's right, Druids and Paladins sucked at everything by design. They nerfed the shit out of the Paladin class right before launch when the original WoW devs left during the Vivendi buyout and they were left to run the show. Shamans couldn't fucking DPS in raids because the devs slapped nature immunity on so much shit and in PvP they were good by accident unless you were part of the large crowd of idiots who thought Enhance was the PvP spec as opposed to just asking to get kited to death, especially since Blizzard implemented diminishing returns on Frost Shock for some ass-backwards reason (hint: they hated hybrids). The best thing that could be said about Shaman PvP was that Blizzard was too stupid to notice that 30/0/21 was the real PvP spec rather than Enhance, otherwise they'd have probably gimped the shit out of elemental too. Blizzard took forever fixing Shaman's Chain Heal though. It used to target fucking randomly so instead of the bounces going to people who needed heals, it would probably go to some random fucker with full hp because holy shit Blizzard was retarded.

Paladins were proper fucked though. Until Blizzard gave them raid blessings they spent like 20% of their time casting repeatedly casting blessings on the raid and their heals scaled like total shit and they couldn't tank despite wearing plate and shields and they couldn't DPS either. They were a pure utility pickup for the buffs, really. That and someone had to collect the Paladin loot. Paladin PvP was famous for two things: slow as fuck attrition because all they really did was heal themselves forever, and bubble hearthstones.

All of these classes were also shafted into healer roles for raids because that was their dumping ground for hybrid classes.

I didn't ignore it. You're just a fucking dumbass who thinks WoW was somehow better than the competition of its time. It was not. Guild Wars 1 was a better MMO by leagues. Even RuneScape was debatably better. Ragnarok Online was more fun too. Ultima Online was a much better MMORPG in its own way. WoW was just shit. That's all there was too it, and you're dreaming up some revisionist history game where WoW was the first MMO or something who innovated and invented all kinds of shit. It wasn't. It was just ass. It was designed by decent developers who jumped ship the moment Vivendi bought out Blizzard (pre-launch) and then got run into the ground by the biggest, most autistic manchildren who had ever played EQ who now had free reign of the WoW development process.

Here's a forum post from 2006 explaining the WoW stance on hybrids:

Go back to whatever shithole you came from

It was about exploring, getting (meaningful then) upgrades, no mmo-champion to spoil you (thottbot was late expansion and didnt provide detailed info like wowhead does or data mining and latest news like mmo-champion)
Vanilla WoW was about getting good gear then stomping nerds as your reward in bgs, and it was fun. Vanilla raids actually encouraged you to play with others, not about DPS but rather mechanics and without meters there was no meter culture. The more the merrier and raids allowed a war-feeling. Chaotic but fun (pve) imbalanced but fun and rewarding (pvp)

Still fun. Still exploring. Raiding becomes more elaborate, and classes become more elaborate too. Lots of raid content off the bat and progressing with your guild was collaborate effort that was rewarding. Raids don't hold hands. PvP is broken but every class is broken and lots of fun comps to play. intro to arenas makes pvpfags happy.

probably the peak and where it stops being fun. WOTLK is the last expansion done by team alpha. It gets severely casualized, but the game is done with effort. Classes get more elaboration. First signs of casualization in classes, though its mainly fixing tedious things from before (more towards fun than lowering the skill ceiling for casuals). However, for raids and dungeons they did lower the skill ceiling. WOTLK is an easy expansion and the first casual friendly expansion. PvP however is even more fun, perhaps WOTLK along with Cata are the most fun pvp expansions due tot he amount of CRAZY pve gear on pvp. WOTLK pvp was broken and the first cookie-cutter comps show up, but its still fun and you can still get your 2.4k/duelist/glad if you play well. This goes for WOTLK and cata.
As for PvE most people quit after this expansion, or bought cata and then quit in Firelands, also known as the WoW-killer expansion (1 year of same tier of content and only 2 viable dungeons, ZA and ZG)

as stated before, this was fun for pvp but for pve it was a disgrace. first tier was ok but firelands tanked their subscribers. Cata was still fine for classes since there hasn't been pruning yet, and you have utility and the ability to carry no matter what hybrid you play. Still fun, in relation to WOD or Legion where Celestalon started ruining the game.

You can see here the first taints of ghostcrawler. unlike celestalon, ghostcrawler preferred to do a slow boiling effect and slowly trim around the bushes until the game becomes casualized. MoP is the beginning of the pruning. Classes lose utility, game gets dumbed down. PvE is fine though. The raiding team learns from mistakes.

Ghostcrawler leaves and we get the faggot celestalon. Big pruning, no subtlety. Game is now boring for classes. Super dumbed down. At least we still have the 1 second GCD for this expansion. Shame theres no pve content. Only 3 tiers. Garrison took all development time in an attempt to cater to facebook tier players. So broken everybody reached goldcap. Game is now unsalvagable both gameplay wise and economy wise.
Also PvP is a fucking joke and with the pruning all comps disappeared, and you either play certain comps or you don't get glad

1.5 second GCD
Even more pruning
gold super inflated to deal with gold caps. New players have to grind even more
but its ok, because class hall is yet another garrison
GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND
Not alt friendly at all, because you have to GRIND
Farm legendaries
PvP even more of a joke. Same shallow meta except less buttons

Legion is a drug. an incipid drug with no taste but people keep playing because of the instant gratification. Same one seen on mobile games.

This is coming from someone who finally quit it this patch since Nighthold is the most boring raid ever and Pugs are completely useless.

Wished I had Holla Forums anons to play then it could be fun.

Holla Forums alliance heroic nighthold pug when?

Only affects yuropoors

>Alliance

WoW was never good. It was the CoD of MMOs.

Speaking of exploration, walking in WoW was fucking horrible. You could spend fucking forever walking around or riding your mount in that game. I think the game also had the occasional flightpath that took 15 fucking minutes to take you from point A to point B. They had those damn slow ships and zeppelins too. Also the Deeprun Tram. Those things were fun the first time around but after that you really wanted to get there faster. Warlocks had to deal with a ton of shit because everyone would whisper random warlock players in whatever zone they needed to get to for a summon (ie. teleport) instead of putting up with all that hideous time-wasting shit (or bug a nearby mage for a portal if they needed to get to a major city that wasn't gadgetzan), although not all of it was avoidable. You were bound to waste a colossal amount of time walking around just doing regular WoW questing.

Holy shit WoW had issues when it came to general locomotion and travel times. Warlocks hated being everyone's taxi too and half the time players wouldn't even pay you for wasting your time.

That's pretty much all it was about.

Actually thottbot was around while vanilla was still in beta. Allakhazam was a large database and forum too. And people were collecting all sorts of mechanical information on elitist jerks, wowwiki, the official forums, other guild forums, and google groups. What you're describing as a perk was one of the sore points of vanilla WoW. Developers and CMs frequently refused to give in-depth answers and insights into mechanics like aggro, attack tables (including shit like crushing or glancing blows), spell damage coefficients, procrates, etc. since they felt that shit would somehow make the game worse on casuals. However understanding these mechanics was key to raiding properly so this forced a lot of players who were getting garbage non-replies from CMs (which was pretty much the norm for WoW CMs) to make lots of mods to log players' experiences, and do dull, lengthy, mandrolic testing to obtain enough data points to make educated guesses and figure out the mechanics Blizzard refused to explain.

Data mining proper didn't happen until late in vanilla with wowhead, but thottbot and the like were running off of mods that kept uploading all loot drops, node spawns, mob locations, etc. to their DB in order to create an itemized list of loot, drop rates, spawn rates, and other shit.

Honestly the better your gear was, the bigger the odds that you were the nerd investing an unhealthy amount of time and focus into WoW. That said most PvPers were complete trash so if you actually had a competent preform you were probably going to devastate BGs. But PvP was mostly about grinding kills rather than developing hot skills. The honor system in particular was absolutely horrible that way. BC actually started developing PvP rankings and a better PvP reward system from what I heard but it was all arena focused iirc.

But yeah, most players treated BGs as their downtime where they got their kicks stomping people with their superior loot.

It was broken in vanilla too. Hell, the brokenness was probably worse.

This.

I kinda wish the Elysium servers stopped dying.
Even back in 2005 I never got into a raid in vanilla.

I'd would have liked to have experienced it just once.

Holla Forums experience together. We ended up partnering with a pants on head retarded guild who's entire dps was composed of shadow priests who due to the debuff limit couldn't use their dots. A shadow priest only has dots.

Invented?
No, but it did invent a lot, and innovated on a lot of previous concepts from earlier games.
I also don't need to rewrite my history with the game either, I played WoW from vanilla all the way to wrath, and I continue to play vanilla now on free servers.
Still having fun with the game.

I've played guild wars, runescape, ultima online, shadowbane, EQ, shitty ass mabinogi, aion, tera, a bunch of other shitty F2P korean and jap mmos, dark ages, ect ect.
Dark ages did not age well, Ultima online is amazing imo, but its harder to get into these days, shadowbane was the tops for pvp but it was bad graphics and not pretty to look at, and died out.
But classic wow and BC are still my all time favorite mmo experiences of all time.

You seeth with generic "wow is and always was bad, nothing personal KID".

I am fully prepared to admit that wow fell from grace hardcore, and live WoW has been dogshit since Wrath.
But you are the one with the nostalgia goggles if you honestly think that WoW ever had any solid competition from mmos till GW2 came out.
And 90% of your gripes are opinion based, and not even personal opinion because you have no actual experience with the fucking game past 2005.

Suck my dick.

There is STILL raiding and pugs going on daily in Elysium, I have full cleared BWL and have my full T2 on elysium, just waiting for AQ to hit and go into full swing.
The fresh servers also keep getting more and more 60s by the day doing raids.

It's not dying, each server has 2-5k people online all day.

I never played WoW

It would have more if they would ever fix the damn activation emails. Did they ever fix it?

You're better off not starting. The only people still playing are people who have been playing for years, and private servers are utter garbage and completely inaccurate and should not be taken seriously as a representation of what that time period in the real thing was actually like.

Elysium and the people running it are shit, and it needs to die

I would assume so since I know some people who JUST made new ones.
Some email services just don't seem to like them though, it gets marked as spam a lot.

It's still the only good option.
Just don't waste your own money on it.
Let the autists and no lifers fund it, because they will.

Also the lost money was a refunded donation and was pretty much confirmed by the person who did it, the 'lost' money was the donations that got spread around instead of going to a specific server, which is what people had a gripe about.
They also removed the option to donate to a specific server, which is crummy, but meh.

And war effort has been out for weeks dude, AQ release is soon.

Mechanic wise they are pretty legit, as long as its one of the better coded servers.

The only major differences are population and the fact that there are now in depth guides on everything.
Gearing up and learning how to dps or play properly takes like a 5 second google search, and people always want to force you to play by the book, which is a bit lame.

I actually know a lot of people who were 100% new to WoW who got into a vanilla private server, and now all raid weekly.

Couldn't hurt to try, it's free