myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also first for best guy

SotS
Sticking it to the filthy human scum for the glory of the Greatmother
Funkervogt - Blutzoll album
Their surrender
The good fight

Playing Thrawn's Revenge Mod for Empire at War. Since it's the only mod that is a challenge and fun to play, and doesn't stick fucking retarded cheating AI on. Awakening of the Rebellion is ruined cause of the AI literally getting 6 gorillion Star Destroyers for free a day which sucks all the fun out of everything
Still got glaring balance issues though and they've made starfighters and bombers beyond useless

also to whoever wrote the gundam recs, thanks a bunch

I had a System Killer cut my empire in half once as the Hivers. Fucker just went straight through it. I tried to intercept, but because of the way that works, it ended up at my planets prior to any of my fleets intercepting. It then destroyed all the ships I sent at it because of the way that grand menace works.

It was also the battle where I learned that just because you can shoot a planet killer at something from across the map, doesn't mean you should. It doesn't work very well.

Still buttmad humans kicked your arse and had to save your failing empire?

How do the names for NPCs come about in ED?

I think they're pulled from a pool of people's account names.

I'm pretty sure they're backer names.

Speaking of Thrawn.
How did you like the season finale?

Did Elite Dangerous ever get better? I just want a comfy sandbox space game I can play with a controller and fly around and do my own thing.

Of what? Explain?

I think he's talking about rebels

Yes.

Ah never watched it. Presume they raped Thrawn?

Me neither, because being rebel scum and because they killed the CGI show when it was getting good and I never got over it

No, he survived, the losses for Imps were…

Rebels lost

And Thrawn would have won completely if following hadn't happened

Oh yes, and the rebs also lost a carrier.
Forgot to mention it up there.

Before I click that video I gotta know, Will it end in imperial victory or will the rebels just blow them up by staring at them or something

Naw, the rebels just jump away after the interdictors are blown up.
Also you wont see that in that video, the escape happens later.

glad Reinhard wasnt the only one that had to deal with this bullshit

Yeah, Thrawns only mistake was placing Constantine on that ship as the commanding officer.

Just watched it and I wanna thank you for that link, seeing rebels getting destroyed is a rare treat in cannon. Also why was that guy who was hunting the rebels being held by Death Troopers?

Do it.

Because he became a traitor to the empire and was captured by Thrawn He was executed escaped at the end because the two security guards who were walking him to the airlock turned their backs on him in the lift.

No, just returning the unprovoked aggression of the humans.
I didn't pick a war with them, they picked one with me with their unprovoked attacks on harmless gates sent to their systems to open trade routes.
So I wiped out most of their colonies. Maybe next time they won't shoot peaceful gates minding their own business.

One more reason, what was his reason for it, from what little I saw of him he loved doing what he was doing

In season two he and one of the rebels had to work together to survive on an ice moon of Geonosis.
After that i think he started questioning his loyalties or something.
Yeah, it all came kinda behind a tree imo.

I hate that meme of almost every notable imperial later on join the rebels because of some flimsy reason and then repeat the same actions you hated doing as an imperial and gladly do them as a rebel

I suppose he was just amazed by how the other guy didn't gut him there, after all, Kallus was the guy who was in charge of genociding that other rebels species.

I don't know. I played it for awhile when it first came out. Made a lot of trade runs with rare materials in the first ship you get, then bought a hauler, did even more of that, then got a cobra, outfitted that, killed a lot of strong things, but the grind to get up to a bigger ship seemed too tall - and combat missions didn't seem nearly as worth it as trade. Outfitted a long range exploration ship just to sell data to the empire. Farmed empire rep and tried to solo help one of the empire's systems win against a Federal system. Interdicted and killed hundreds of the faction in that system that was Fed. Traded massive amounts of guns and booze to a neutral station in the system hoping that would kick off some revolution (not very profitable, but just did it to see if I could influence the little influence bars.) Stopped playing awhile, faction warfare came out, I decided to help Patreus. It just felt so empty. The prices weren't dynamic, and not being a player-driven economy, it just felt too simplistic. Low-Med-High supply / demand, but you couldn't even trade stuff to players or really make a dent trading tons and tons and tons of the stuff to impact a system's demand even to the NPCs. I doubt it's gotten better and I'm not shelling out more cash for planet landings.

It made me realize if I wanted to play a space game I was better off playing single player X3: Terran conflict, where you could actually have an impact on things, even if combat feels dated and clunky and hard to learn.

muh space vr kit

Kind of like how that black stormtrooper in starwars 7 was having moral scruples with having to kill in the line of duty, so he runs off with a random rebel pilot for no explained reason and merrily guns down his former comrades while hooting like a chimpanzee all the way…

wait didn't they rape the lore for the Interdictor cruisers in the the force awakens when the falcon jumped in to Starkiller Base gravity well, this show is meant to be canon as well right

I guess, it's treated as canon in the wookiepedia at least, also we saw Ghost in rogue one.
According to this show the Interdictor was a prototype during season 2 i think.

So i don't know, maybe Disney, Lucas and JJ Lensflare suck at communicating with one another.

Really jogs my noggin.

Speaking of SotS, is there a functional copy of the wiki around somewhere?

You know that old phone game "druglord" or whatever where you buy and sell drugs in different cities, use that money to buy and sell more drugs at once, and on until you've maxed everything and it's pointless to continue?

That's basically ED.

True

Anyone been playing Space Engineers now that it's in beta?

ayylmao

have a tech tree

Yes, your "harmless" invasion fleets, minding their own buissness of bombarding human cities.

Mind you, we didn't actually attack your colonies after that, our fleets were just minding our own buissness doing fireing excercises when your colonies got in the way.

Oh, BTW, nice job loosing the crown jewls and having your empire fall into civil war that would have ended you had the humans not stopped it.
You exist because we allowed it, bug.

Look, Khan! The children of the dust actually think they're people, dont they?

They weren't true hivers. They where rebels fighting against the proper greatmother.

Returning the crown jewels was just your leaders realising that they had spend 5 decades waging a genocidal war against people who hadn't actually done anything to them at that point and trying to make it up to them with an apology.
Also the Liir would have gotten involved in that war if you hadn't returned the jewels, and new jewels can be made.

You bird brains can just go fuck off. You are nearly as bad as the liir as irresponsible predecessors go.
The current incarnation of the Zuul exists because of you. If you fuckers had just done a decent job of pest control on that one colony, there would be no Zuul around.

This ep. finally made me understand why we need commissars. Hell, even the Interdictor crew know that leaving the position is a fucking stupid idea!
I don't want to be a devil's advocate, but…
-The grav.-well generator was hitted by several jetpack missiles and maybe the little guy weakened it with his lightsaber.
-Thrawn kinda btfo'd the force critter.

I actually looked at the scene and actually it's not as retarded as it seems. Star Wars Shields aren't particularly great against massed kinetic based weapons and vulnerable to explosive charges that can temporally overload or even break through their shields at a certain area. Considering they were firing barrage after barrage and firing waves of missiles, detcharges and even torpedoes from starfighters it was actually a miracle the shields lasted as long as they did.

They punched a hole through the shields and managed to break it open. Probably the only thing faithful to the old lore to be honest.
If you are wondering why they don't use shit like missiles or mass drivers more often on warships, it's because they often run out of ammo too quickly in prolonged fights

>mfw no qt hiver friend

Except in ED everything takes forever to do just because. That game is such a letdown.

Any of you guys were able to get refunds for ks like the Mandate. For SC I just sold it for a profit to a retarded redditor but I can't do the same for the Mandate.

Pogo/10
Him being Data is the best part of the video.
I've probably listened to it a hundred times at this point

fukin saved

ME:A is shit, any recent games that are similar to it?

You mean that are also shit? I'm sure there are plenty, too many to count.

Any of you nigs tried the Tobii 4C? Is it better than TrackIR that makes you look like Locutus?

That sounds familiar…

(checked)
Back in the day all he used was sounds from the subject in question IIRC.

New Puppy 2017
Relaxing after putting puppy down for nap in his kennel
For puppy squeaks
Puppy to squeak that he has to go outside
With puppy

Popular culture, devs friends and families, backer names, backer names and ideas for names they've gotten. I've seen Faye Valentine and also a Christrian Chandler along with obvious shit like Groot and even a Chris Roberts.
I like seeing some of the crazier names.

I haven't really had time to do much of any gaming lately. Except for a little bit of the elite beta that I got gifted to me. Multicrew is okay when it works but I care more about ship names.

NEVAR FORGET

post puppy

What are you talking about "never forget", they didn't die.

What's his name?, Is it Siegfried

gib rubs

A-user, we have to talk…

Talk about what? Belka and Strelka didn't die. The other two died.

No name yet. Haven't found one that fits.

Rubs gibbed

Where were the Rebel super ships that can ram Star Destroyers?

user, there was no cosmic radiation shielding and no protection against reentry heat in that capsule.

You have been lied to.

Dust ain't free. The businesses of the Families have to be littered with the poverty of other empires. Arden aka dust junkie isn't my business partner, he is filthy communist and probably a harmony as well. Trade companies and subsidiaries, not science and military ok? Praise Omokar.

Bad memery aside, I've been playing some intense Endless Space 2 sessions and holy shit the lumeris' jewery is still way too fucking stronk. Pic semi related.

That damn scene

Any stories user?

I'd still like someone to explain to me why that's not physically feasible?

I'm not saying its impossible, I'm just saying it's silly.

There's no radiation shielding in ISS either, no big deal, and these dogs were in the orbit for only a few hours. And the ship looks like having plenty of heat shielding.

From wikipedia
"They were accompanied by a grey rabbit, 42 mice, two rats, flies and several plants and fungi. All passengers survived. They were the first Earth-born creatures to go into orbit and return alive.

Strelka went on to have six puppies with a male dog named Pushok who participated in many ground-based space experiments, but never made it into space.[12] One of the pups was named Pushinka (Пушинка, "Fluffy") and was presented to President John F. Kennedy by Nikita Khrushchev in 1961. A Cold War romance bloomed between Pushinka and a Kennedy dog named Charlie, resulting in the birth of four pups that JFK referred to jokingly as pupniks.[13] Two of their pups, Butterfly and Streaker were given away to children in the Midwest. The other two puppies, White Tips and Blackie, stayed at the Kennedy home on Squaw Island but were eventually given away to family friends.[12] Pushinka's descendants are still living today. A photo of descendants of some of the Space Dogs is on display at the Zvezda Museum outside Moscow.[14]"

Doesn't it ram into it at speed? Unless it was purpose built for that kind of thing I'm pretty sure it'd destroy itself before it could do much.
If it were to slowly nudge up against it before going full throttle though, that should be more feasible.

"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid" to quote the Prophet Murphy

They come in at an angle and glance off on the first impact (see picture one). Then they push back in and scrap forward until they hit the wedge (picture two). There's visable crumpling on the front of the ship when this happens and they're losing armor plating (pictures 3 and 4) .

The recent patch hit and I've been playing, here's how things are going:

By turn 100 I got the "you are close to an economic victory" message, and I decided to stack the Federation bonus for empire approval on top of the standard Lumerian +20 approval by default so I can basically buy full capacity fleets per turn, it's fucking insane.

Why are the Jews always so powerful in these games?

What do you have against realism?

Honestly hu-mon I wouldn't even worry about it.

And If I can add:

Honestly, it's was a desperate tactic and only worked by sheer luck, or some might argue because the Force willed it. It might sound hand-wavy but the Force is a character in these movies even if you don't see it.
The Rebels needed to disable that gate. The ship sent to ram the Star Destroyer somehow survives impacting into the side of it. The star destroyer crashes into the gate and takes down the shield.
This leads to the transmission being sent. Earlier in the movie our cast started their attack on Scarif at the perfect time to cause Leia, who was about to go to Tatooine with Raddus to make the detour to support them. Somehow the troopers onboard are able to hand off the data before Vader can kill them all.

When I was a kid I thought the Rebel's said "May the Force be with You(Us)" because it was just something said (like God Bless You) but now, I think it's because they actually believe. We see what belief does for characters like Chirrut and Baze

Can't argue with that oh humble merchants

Even better: I superseded my shitty diplomacy by virtue of shekels so I gave major gifts in the form of systems and money, turning everyone into my (((Greatest Allies))), and since the lumeris get INSANE bonuses for peace and alliance, you can imagine the stack I got after getting 6 empires on my side, save for the cravers but fuck those insects, I can't jew them into submission.

You mean the Kith Somtaaw Ramming Frigate?

The war wasn't going well for you, bug, don't lie.

New jelwes? Yes, if you have a few hunderd years time. I'm sure your Civil War would have waited.

You're lucky humanity stayed their hand.
Now show some proper respect or else we just might node missile your planets.
That goes for you too, bird-brain!

Since when does the Force have a will?
You are stupid and your face is stupid.

You wheren't winning the war, you where loosing. The civil war was over long before you returned the jewels, the Liir would never have allowed you to exterminate another species without provocation and would have entered the war to save the hivers, had you been winning, humanity was also fighting the Tarka and the Zuul, your war was unwinnable and was only continuing because your leader was insane, the second she died, your new leader handed over the jewels and negotiated for a ceasefire to prevent your own extermination.

Yeah, I figure the pacifist space rapists would do that. Funny that you rely on them.
Humans are war with 3 other empires and still kicking metric tons of ass? Is that supposed to scare me? Disharten me?

Bitch, it took half the galaxy to push us back! And we only grown a lot stronger since then.

Anyone playing E:D. An "official" writer for the game, Drew Wager has announced an ingame event on the 29/4/3303 which will determine the end of his upcoming novel. The story has apparently been changed several times as cmdrs ingame have done things Wager didn't expect. The creation of Colonia is probably one of them. The event will not be a CG either which means something at least a little interesting is going to happen. Anyone interested in the little official lore for this game the pdf attached is some of the known lore on the character from Drew Wager's site and some ingame Cmdr interactions.

Also we have a player faction in Wheemez called the 8th Imperial Pilot's Syndicate if anyone wants something to grind for. We're trying to expand atm and have control of Bradfield Station.

If thats what you call loosing a war. A strange definition of phrase word to be sure..

Are the Rebels Orkz?

Ever heard of Phyric victory?

We were leaving so many of your dead when we retreat, we could build a stairway to heaven with the corpses.

So FD's scam is still working? Those forum dads are a rare breed of useful idiots. They can get away by releasimg what is obviously a coded in an afternoon feature and minimal viable product reusing code and assets already in game each time.

This is why that Braben asshole and Roberts killed the revival of space sims with their respective KS scams.

Like the kind where humanity goes charging into the depths of space with no idea what they'll find, start shooting at anything that moves and ends up in so many wars they are forced to aid their enemies in order to negotiate a truce before they are wiped out by attacks from all sides? Then trying to play it off narrowly avoiding complete extinction by prostrating themselves before their enemies to appease them, as a glorious victory?
Yes, I have heard of it. It seems the kind you had in your wars.

The smaller ship must be 1000 times lighter, and has 1000 times weaker engines as well. It would be like a single tugboat trying to pull a naval cruiser - it wouldn't move an inch.

Flying in formation and getting blown up by star destroyers.

Case and point.

Images like that are a diamond dozen in this doggy dog world.

Considering that the tugboat in this case must have enough power to go to FTL, it might conceivably have a hell of a lot more engine power than its size would indicate. Especially if they use all that power the FTL would need to redline their thrusters.
Really, any ship capable of "interesting" sub light speeds, should be able to pull enough acceleration to turn itself into a kinetic missile in short order. So the real question is, how the fuck can the side of that Stardesroyer withstand enough preassure in such a small spot, to move the entire ship sideways with enough force to destroy it.
Its the equivalent of using a needle to knock a person to the ground with the force of a heavy weight boxers blow, without breaking their skin.

Something about the Star destroyer being disabled with EMP missiles or something like that

That's absolutely adorable.

lel

That did bother me but then again the world of star wars is a pretty sanitary sci-fi and political backdrop for pretty one-track characters, because the characters are only canon to most people during the movies they can't change too much and have to be simple.

Pyrrhic

t. autist

Actually user that's quite a huge part of the force, that's why some Jedi say the force guide us and such

Since the writers learned how to use it. They can simply wave their hands to fix all their problems just like a jedi.

Fucking hippies and your head canon, please stop smoking the weed

Actually fuck it I'll explain my theory on this shit.
The Force is more like Mother Nature as in it indirectly leads people to 'good' but never takes direct control of the situation.
The Dark Side is Tzeentch, as in it will directly plot and control Sith to become 'free', as Sith is all about 'True Freedom'.
There is another fan theory that is logical but would be such a bitch to fucking explain, I'll lazily sum it up in a few words.
The Force is The Warp but without chaos, daemons, or an actual physical manifestation.

The last 8/v/ thread was just sad. But /vg/ is the best server that isn't bay level RP

It doesn't help that the game was always called out for being a goon nesting ground.

???

Ok, and my shoes just told me to take them out for a walk. Force is shit and SW is shit.

Tugboats are specialized ships that are ALL engine (not military frigates) and they gently push the target ship, they don't collide at high speed.

That would depend entirely on how you drive it, now wouldn't it?
The tugboat would have all the engine power needed to turn it into a kinetic missile, lots of engine power namely. Especially if you aren't stuck in water that creates tons of drag to slow you down. The only difference is whether you choose to go slow and steady, or recklessly fast. You wouldn't even need a kamikazi crew, since it shouldn't be hard to remote control it, or at least have droids fly it.

TL:DR You know what else is basically all engine? Missiles. For a kinetic missile, you just take a regular missile and give it so much engine it doesn't even need to bother with a warhead.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Is Starmade any good? I want to play memecraft in space.

I hear Avorion is just a better Starmade, and that Starmade has dick devs as well.

but you can't walk around in your ship and things like that, can you?

Elite Dangerous

Got my Python outfitted for awhile ago, and now I'm trying to unlock Ram Tah so I can start exploring alien ruins. Currently mining asteroids so I can sell shit to Lei Cheiung.
Anybody want to maybe mine together?

Nothing, I don't listen to a lot of music.

The Stellaris Utopia DLC to drop.

I prefer the peaceful approach.

Nope, you can't. The most you can do is pop out of your main ship in your little space pod. You can also have fighters if you have a ship that's big enough to house hangars, and you can switch to playing as a fighter as well. You can even get their numbers in the hundreds. That's mostly the extent of how micro it can get. You also can't land on planets, it's all happening in space, but later on you can buy big asteroids and set up your own mining operation.

I mean I got my Python outiftted for exploring.
For fuck's sake.

Sometimes E:D too but still stuck on my Vulture, a beast but fuck they need to make the canopy armored. I trade visibility for a better canopy if it cost me an arm and a leg.

Gotta prep for those hull upgrade, fuckers cost 5 Millions and i still only got 1 Mil from picking on condas and cutters.

Cowboy Bebop ost, Carmen Miranda's Ghost

Actual content for space engineers and E:D, preferably Thargoids.

As long you don't break my canopy first i'm game.

I'd play Empyrion since that looks fun but it lagged horribly in my toaster the last time I tried so now I'm looking for something like that. There was a pixelized Empyrion clone on steam but I can't find it anymore.
There's only so much Minecraft with Warpdrive + Matter Overdrive + Mystcraft can do

Loaded up Space Engineers for the first time in months. I'm surprised that the game actually runs smoother now. The new tutorial is pretty slick too.

I WANT TO PLAY WITH THE NEW CAMERA BUT THE BETA STILL ISN'T OVER
fuck paying for it either.

Just wait untill all the expansion is released, there's bound to be discount anyway

I just want a game where I can be a space merchant, hanging out in cantinas to listen to relevant gossip and noting places that have to import commodities and when to make regular routes. Why hasn't anything remotely similar come out since X3?

Rebel Galaxy lets you do some of that. Space is a flat-plane though. No Z axis movement.

I've paid for horizons I don't want to buy into the beta. I expect that fdev will just give horizons to everyone with the base game who has yet to upgrade, rather then being forced to manage 3 versions of the game.
Ofc Fdev are known to do lots of stupid shit, in the beta atm they decided to make your earnings in multicrew scale by rank so you get paid shit if you've just started out, removing half the fucking incentive of the mode that you get a really good payout alongside playing with m8s.
Really fucking hope they revert it.

How uh, abstracted is it? If it's like mount and blade overworld or for a more relevant example starsector, then that's fine. If I set my fucking thrusters and shit and directly control things at all time, that's kinda gay.

It's pretty much a flat plane where you can just fly around in. It's still pretty fun getting into dogfights and zipping around at warp speeds, but it's not much of a space simulation.

Each space station does have cantinas where you can find rumors and talk to some NPCs, but it's all menus and text boxes, not so much taking a seat in the corner and turning your ear towards the table next to yours.

The game is partially built for the merchant playstyle, though. Each time you visit a station, you get an updated list of their pricing for buying and selling things, meaning as long as you visit often, you can establish who is buying and who is selling for the best prices.

Neat, I'll pirate it when I get home

Wanna see some more Imperials beating rebels?

I just learned that Paul Pepera passed away at 30, fuck man, this guy was a genius.

I'm genuinely sad. You work all your life to be the best without asking anything and shit happens.

That's not how you do it, this is.

Simply amazing and thank you user for posting this it reminds me of Empire at war when you have an interdictor and wait until the last millisecond to activate and crush their hopes of retreat , Got anymore?

I love this animation so much I've probably seen it over a dozen times, Also it's cannon that the bomber pilot Ada is a chunni

Oh fug off, I linked those correctl and those extra meme arrows weren't there when I posted. Anons Please see

Have some deus ex machina in form of a REEEEing force critter.

Consider that whatever piss poor maneuverability of star destroyer is provided by its colossal engines. This is how much power is needed to move this thing around at snail pace. A rinky dink ship with tiny ass engines wouldn't give it a substantial jolt if it crashed into it full spead ahead.

I used to work on a ship, and I remember that one time, during maneuvering, the ship collided with a smaller barge, at a substantial velocity I might add. I've seen it was coming and braced for impact, and the impact itself was so underwhelming I think my own flinch shook me more than the ship quake. Weight ratio was 1:5 or thereabouts. So I can imagine what would happen if a small boat crashed into that ship - absolutely fucking nothing, you wouldn't even feel it.

In terms of science tt's actually pretty easy in space due to the lack of gravity, even the smallest object could technically adjust it's vector if it provided momementum.
However what is retarded about that scene is that the force it would have come in at would literally squash that ship like a bug or more likely made it bounce off. If it came in slowly and started applying force then it would have been more feasible.

…and it would literally take several minutes before the cruiser starts visibly moving.

That to, essentially the problem with the scene is that it's picking and choosing which laws of physics it wants to abide by.

So it's doing what star wars has always done (sound in space, fire in space, laser bolts that move slower than light, lightsabers that have a constant stream of energy that just ends at a specific point)

Dees space engine have a linux build anywhere?

It wasn't like MC wasn't going to be dead after 2 weeks too, don't fret too much about it. Also I would be surprised if there is a season 3, the novelty is gone and there is barely a game under the nice graphics. FDev have no idea of what they are doing. ED was like handing a million dollars to a poor guy who can't manage money, they have fun for a while but after 2 or 3 years they end up poor where they started.

New Starsector blogpost and changelog update
fractalsoftworks.com/2017/03/
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11477.0
Hopefully the update comes out soon

A tugboat is also BUILT specifically for it's job.
It has rotating propellers (as in - rotate left or right) for maximum pushing power and manouvering.
It has a reinforced frame and thick rubber "bumpers" as to not damage the ship it's pushing.

Technically, you can. But rooms you make don't really have proper functions or interfaces…except for a few monitors/termials you can place.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
PULL UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

She can violate me anyday.

smh tbh fam

Excellent taste friend!
My favourite tactic is enter space battle mode with only one Tie scout and rush to the center of the map. This lure every rebel ships in the middle and when they are enough close i bring out every fucking ship i have from the hyperspace.

Even the big ones!

Auditory Emulation
depends on how much oxygen is in the ship. We see a small fire on the Executor before it crashes into the Death Star. If no bulkheads are closing then all the oxygen in the area is rushing out that opening. The Executor then slams into the DSII rupturing probably hundredss of decks which releases a literal metric fuckton of oxygen. I'm just a layman though.
That's because they aren't lasers you faggot. They supercharge gas which emits plasma
Fucking magnets how do they work? but yes I'll give you this one

Whats the point? Besides its not "sound in space" its just a computer making sound so it sounds like there is.
While this would produce a chemical reaction similar to fire, it would not look like fire, since the vacuum would disperse the oxygen rapidly, there's no gravity to to dictate up and down, so the heat can't rise, It should just look like a welding torch right near the breach point out from the hull, so it would barely be visible on a ship as big as an Executor.
For one thing, those bolts don't behave anything like highly pressurized plasma would in air or vacuum, for another, aren't all those technical books explaining how blasters and turbo lasers are supposed to work, no longer canon?
I don't think any of the movies has ever bothered to explain how those are supposed to work.

I'd prefer to have all my senses working during a fight just IMO
It was reiterated in the Incredible Cross-sections book for TFA

Why there are such small amount of story driven space sims with open world that doesn't suck?

Heeeyyy, it's pogo.

The designers of Star War's spaceships all prioritized replicating every vroom, whoosh and bang that would occur in an atmosphere but left out enemy sensor search warning tones, lock warning tones and equivalent ownship audio sensor reports?

Call me an autist, but i swear to God i heard those in Battlefront 2! You can hear the targeting system during the trench run in New Hope (film not in-game). You can hear lock warning tones during space battles in Battlefront 2. I'm not sure about the others, but in Empire at War the fighters give various machinery sounds when you activate their special functions (like cloaking, search for enemy fighters, etc).

Need other anons to confirm this however because i didn't played SW games nearly a decade…

Right back at you user, That was also another favorite of mine

Did anyone ever claim that the Correllian shipwrights were clever people?

There is a 2D game were you are literally a merchant, bad news is that it is mostly go from A to B and the combat is kinda wierd, its a shooting section were your ship is in the lower part the screen shooting ships that are in the upper part, turrets has cool downs and shield boosts that give you immunity.
But I cant remember the game.
Game starts of you signing a contract to an unknown organization that are manipulating everything behind the shadows and using desperate people that got nothing to lose as proxies

I'm sorry but your cannons are no longer canon any more, it was a stupid explanation anyway

There was this shooter, Fractured Space I think with audio simulation in the suit but if in stealth mode or hit by an emp you would lose sound and becom deaf, it was pretty cool.

Also your suit lights would turn off.

It was a pretty great game, 3D FPS combat in space.
Too bad they went for Windows Vista and had no story mode on it, otherwise it might have been a pretty popular game.

It will never release. Lose hope.

Isn't Fractured Space that Space Ship MOBA?
Early Access too, to insure its complete shit.

Do you mean Shattered Horizon? the DX10 or 11 techdemo game?

That's the one.

Yeah, I mixed up the name, Fractured Space is that shitty moba. Shattered Horizon was pretty fun, I played it a lot back in the days but I think you can't play anymore.

This can't be a coincidence.
I hope we get this to work. I recall really enjoying the game,

Faggot

Only one of those were me, The other user saved that image with the file name when I posted it man threads ago

Post Logh WebMs

Okay

And my last one that some user made a while back

What the fuck were they thinking on making that DX11 only back then.

Stellaris is still shit? Did they fixed non-existent sector AI what turn food planet starved to death or industrial planed filled with food buildings?

Its paradox, it'll probably be fucked until they add a dlc or two.

I'm pretty sure it's just backers, because one time me and a friend found a wanted Anaconda NPC named "Derpy Hooves" in a Haz Resource site.
We immediately gunned him down.

here's one I made recently

I tried to loop both parts.

The DLC will arrive in this month. The reworked the food system so now you can make plantation colonies to feed your space empire.
Or in other words: Fucking swedish idiots finally realized that there is a thing called space trade and transportation between planets.

I love all of you faggots and I wish every thread in this board was this comfy.
does Hellion have any chance at being good?

Are there any space games with realistic combat? Like having to worry about thrust gravity so you do not squish your crew?

Stop posting this cringey shit already. We get it, the guy who go thrown out of America for being an illegal worker made a Star Trek thing. Big fucking whoop, it fucking sucks. Filtered, the lot of you for your garbage taste in music.

What the fuck
Also man, that is well made.

I have no idea what you're talking about but you appear to have been upset by people liking things you don't like.

Did they fix their stupid blob sectors breaking the micro management?

autotune shit or not, goddamn that song is so fucking comfy.

Test

The general lives!

Huh, looks like it gave every post a new ID even if they came from the same poster. But at least we can post again

AAHHHAHAHAHAA! AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS I AM FREE TO SHITPOST AGAIN!

Welp, /vg/ is still kill.
Any /stog/ survivors in here besides me?

No, in fact we're going to build a wall to keep you out of these threads from now on and make /vg/ pay for it!

maybe

That dream I had was amazing but also a glass shattering pain

I guess I'm not the only moron around here.

Eve
Dank pvp
Comms cancer
Anodda shoah

Yes, it happens a lot in these threads, especially when someone talks about ED.

I don`t remember him having any relatives

He doesn't, all of that was apart of a dream I had and in true Oberstien fashion he brought me back to reality

>>>/tumblr/

You first

I sleep ~five hours a day so when I do dream it's usually a flash of color and shit before my alarm goes off. You're extrapolating headcanon based on dreams and ((current year)) buzzwords.

I reiterate, take your mental illness and fuck off.

Any suggestions for sci fi games that take place more on foot? I really loved Dead Space 1/2, and the original Mass Effect. I've struggled to find some new games to add to my roster.

Do you even know what a buzzword is you nigger?, When did I mention any buzzwords?

You can't be this stupid, Maybe you really do need to go to tumblr

That's why I said was his best bro user., but enough of this I don't want to derail a space thread after we just got it back

Anyone here playing Homeworld with the Complex mod?
How do you reliably beat the cheating AI?

Anyway. Anons I want to know if infinite space picks up after you start getting ship to ship battles, I never played long after that because rock paper scissors and when I returned to the game it had no detailed quest log and the corridor travel wasn't that fun to me

Tldr

Does the game pickup again later?

Well, if you keep on playing you will get further in the story and by advancing to new systems you mostly find new ships to buy and fly.
The story starts getting interesting when you find out about Lugovalos and then start trying to get the galaxy united against their inevitable invasion, during this time you get to choose to help either of two nations in a war, nations being Nova Nacio and Kalymnos.

Just remember to write down the places you are supposed to visit, so you don't have to go through the galaxy wondering what you were supposed to do.

I'll start playing it again soon user and thanks for the advice,

Know of any way to watch that without going to shitty Russian sites? I was watching it on JewTube but about 35 episodes in they took it down because "muh copyright"

Polite sage.

Then save spewing your headcanon for your blog?

kissanime.ru/Anime/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes

Here you go user.

I mentioned a dream I had and I never said that what was in the dream actually happened in cannon and I don't have a blog user, So lets just get over this petty squabbling and start talking space again.

What a issue?

They block adblock and stream very slowly.

Why not just download from a tracker?

I gave all my shipping lines 2000000 wealth and they are flooding the Sol system

I just don't feel it anymore

The next paid patch won't fix the game.

Well at least it's something.
It's not like there are many space strategies out there that are much better, or more fun.

Story time!

a what now?

Greetings from the R.R.W. Event Horizon

Never heard of it, Is it fun?

YOU FUCKED UP NIGGER

Any EDfags want to wing up tonite? I've been trucking rare goods but I'd be up for some mining.

Actually since the site was restored some thread had the thread name and even in some other threads images erased after the hack, there was a thread title

New DLC drops today. Food will be a global thing now so you can make dedicated food planets, there's more end and mid game content (building dyson spheres and shit like that), and you can now opress minorities in many more ways, including but not limited to slaughtering them for food or neutering them and waiting for them to die out. You can also pimp your main pops by turning them into cyborgs or psychics (literally WH40k psychics accessing Totally-Not-Warp). They also said they're reworking ethics, but I don't know much about that except that hive minds are now implemented with their own mechanics and stuff.

Sounds like it might be fun to dick around for a while, but until they fix their fucking AI (which Paradox never does because they're completely inept, as they've shown in their other games), it won't be worth your shekels

I never understand, why do they not have chairs?

You're a fucking retarded nigger.

It's just your typical warbird, powered by an artificial quantum singularity that is waiting to implode if the ship gets hit in the wrong place by a photon torpedo.

That's one sleek looking ship user, I like it.

Its a Romulan piece of crap. Get yourself a nice Tholian Carrier instead. It may only be T5-u but its still a better support carrier than any T6 on the market, and it looks better too.

There's literally nothing wrong with being a Romulan. or liking their ships

There is however something very wrong with playing Cockboxes Online

What do you think the T6 replacement will be like?

I got my flag.

There is everything wrong with being not only a filthy backstabbing space elf, but one serving the spaceelf who sold out the space elf empire for his personal gain, giving up their freedom and independence to interstellar biker gangs and the equivalent of brainwashing religious sects.
Consider that D'Tan is not only working to destroy the Romulan Empire, but is actively selling out his republic to its arch enemies to help solidify his hold on his political power. He is destroying everything any romulan has ever achived, just so he can stay in power with the help of the very people who stand to gain the most from the destruction of all Romulan culture. He has done more damage to the romulan people than the Tal Shiar could ever hope to.

The Precursors

Anyone else grinding Fed/Empire rank before the mission stack nerf? I am…

Yep.

It's always funny at Quince when you land to scan and see tons of canisters rolling all over after stacking 20 missions. I now need to find another Fed system to grind… States changed an now no more data missions…

Also, is it my internet or do things take ages to load in this game?

Sometimes i want from video games just too much than they can deliver.

Does anyone know where I can get the pirated update for Stellaris, the 1.5 Update and Utopia expansion? I'm hoping it'll make the game slightly more interesting.

Seeing that makes me wonder what happened to the Pulsar Lost Colony adventures.

I usually never have any problems but I have heard launching the game wihout horizons improves loading times as it doesn't load the landable planets. Just launch Horizons when you need to do horizon only stuff.

The "delicious" genetic trait is one of the better things I've seen them do. Can't wait to uplift some primitive non-sentients and turn them into a slave/food race.

Or conquer your enemies and forcibly genemod them all with it, purging is a waste of good meat

Just like real life

I wonder if the new Stellaris update adds an actual governor AI. How is it possible that they released a game, where you have to assign governors to planets and sectors, and not include an AI that can build structures?

Believable worlds.

Here you go: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:CF2256AC13D5A36F0CDF3C2B5FD9C6305D58A30F

Try CS.RIN.ru, got mine there.

Reminder that techno, synth and vaporwave don't fit space vidya as much as country music and jazz.

Hell yeah motherfucker!

I had a good time playing a xenophile race that was resilient and bred like rabbits, and slowly outbred my enemies on their own planets.

To bad game is boring as fuck.

Then we shall create a new thread for a first time in years.

Now if only /vg/ allowed you to repost images in other threads instead of being stuck on the old "image you want to post in other thread? too bad no repost fuck you"

Y'know, in a few days, maybe a week. Whenever we get around to it.

Yeah, the other options are to either sit here and discuss STO whenever it becomes relevant again, or migrate to 4chan/tg/, they got a star trek therad there and STO gets discussed quite often.

There are invaders right next to Earth. Wish me luck.

Here are my ships currently:
North Carolina class Missile Frigate 10,350 tons 300 Crew 1478.5 BP TCS 207 TH 1000 EM 0
4830 km/s Armour 1-42 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 70
Maint Life 0.07 Years MSP 89 AFR 856% IFR 11.9% 1YR 1295 5YR 19419 Max Repair 500 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 10 months Spare Berths 1
Magazine 490

1000 EP Magneto-plasma Drive (1) Power 1000 Fuel Use 26.2% Signature 1000 Exp 12%
Fuel Capacity 2,000,000 Litres Range 132.7 billion km (318 days at full power)

Size 7 Missile Launcher (10) Missile Size 7 Rate of Fire 70
ASM FC208-R20 (1) Range 208.7m km Resolution 20
Size 7 ASM W:9 S:17.1kkm/s R:202mkm (70) Speed: 17,100 km/s End: 196.6m Range: 201.7m km WH: 9 Size: 7 TH: 319/191/95

Portland class Frigate 10,350 tons 214 Crew 1961 BP TCS 207 TH 1000 EM 0
4830 km/s Armour 4-42 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 30
Maint Life 0.05 Years MSP 118 AFR 856% IFR 11.9% 1YR 2388 5YR 35818 Max Repair 500 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 10 months Spare Berths 6
Magazine 870

1000 EP Magneto-plasma Drive (1) Power 1000 Fuel Use 26.2% Signature 1000 Exp 12%
Fuel Capacity 2,000,000 Litres Range 132.7 billion km (318 days at full power)

Size 1 Missile Launcher (30) Missile Size 1 Rate of Fire 10
AMM FC155-R1 (2) Range 155.5m km Resolution 1
Size 1 AMM WH:1 S:26.4kkm/s R:15.2mkm (870) Speed: 26,400 km/s End: 9.6m Range: 15.2m km WH: 1 Size: 1 TH: 325/195/97

Quick update because I don't know what the fuck.
There is another alien race in the system?

Good luck emperor user

Invaders are now in 2 systems adjacent to Earth

I always found it best to describe it as DarkStar One with cowboys.

ALL HAIL J!

Dont forget classic music

Holy crap I feel so bad for people that are low rank or new to EDangerous after the mission nerf. The amount of rank you get for 20 missions will be abysmal with only 3 missions allowed. What are FDev thining?!

Nobody knows honestly. Maybe they are wanting to crash their game with no survivors?

Probably. All 20 missions get me 7% rank when turned in. At least farming empire ranks at quince makes me money. About a rank and half of farming at quince I got 101 million credits.

If X3 is boring as shit to me, no matter how much i tried to make myself play it, am i going to enjoy X Rebirth?

I Heard it's worse

Play it and find out, you might surprise yourself.

Just play it and imagine that if you fuck up in it a Big Black Man wants to rape you.

I wonder what a space trucking simulator would be like if the rest of your crew were catgirls?

I had 40 hours in X3 Reunion before it finally "clicked" for me. It's Albion Prelude with Litcubes is now my favorite game.

Also Rebirth sucks.

A porn game.

not all catgirls are for porn

New Thread