Darkest Dungeon

What kind of team composition should I run for the final Dungeon? I was thinking of :
Man (buffing and shielding), Vest, Hound and Bounty.
I haven't experimented that much, but I don't want to deviate away from mark based teams.
Also the following bosses are still alive.
There are also a few bosses in the regular dungeons left to kill (Necro / Prophet, Flesh, Hag / 16 and Crew)

I kept playing this game in early access and then a new patch would come out that changed some mechanics so I would restart to try them out.
This continued up until I lost interest in the game and it's really hard to resurrect my interest in the game now that it's hit a full release.
Early access is really shitty.

Also plague doctor is the best.

this is fact

OP, specify what mission.

Sadly the final four missions are 100% preset, so you might as well wiki it.

General advice:
1: dancing party that doesn't care about shuffling
2: massive damage, antiblight, anti-move
3: massive damage, reliable back row stunner
4: victory lap, any fucking party will do

Unfortunately I don't see how to beat missions 1 to 3 without HP and stress heal, so bring those too. Move resistance is actually useful in the DD, obviously buy all the bandages.

The constant patching ruined the game unfortunately.
Playing the game back then always left you like "This is kinda fun, I wonder how will they improve it in the future", but for every one step forwards they took 3 back.

I remember playing an early build of this (only Dungeon, Warrens and Forest unlockable) and liked the game enough back then to go as far as I could. Pirated the newest gog version a few days back and I don't know, did they make it more difficult because it feels like it. I couldn't even get through a medium sized apprentice dungeon with my 2nd team so i gave up after all of them dying. I don't think the torch burned out THAT fast before.

Comments like these make me happy I got into DD after the final release. Personally I love the balancing and difficulty as it is, the only negative points are the tedious trinket fuckery and the non-random final levels.

Then again I like planning to beat the RNG so maybe I'm just that freak.

Yeah they purposefully nerfed anything that could easily breeze through the game, all in favor of making the game a more difficult challenge.
Which I appreciate, not enough games try to challenge you and make seeing that credits screen feel earned, but sometimes you just want to steamroll through a dungeon with 4 Jesters and have fun.

I thought the random element of the crits, how they affect not only the person hit but other party members' sanity, and enemies like the goblet cunts who can give you 40 insanity on a crit and are nigh impossible to hit at first. I don't find this new final version very enjoyable.

The first assault. I got to the boss and he completely ruined my shit when he erected that wall thing that healed him.

you know anyone who completes one of the four missions in the final dungeon will never go back, right? so you need sixteen characters, not four.
have fun!

Wait, what?

It's true. They get a torch icon next to their name and you can't make them go back to the Darkest Dungeon again. However, they also don't count towards your population limit after that either.

Oh, so it's not like they fucking die or something. I totally misunderstood for a second there.

Yeah I think the horrors of what they see make it so they'll never go back or something.

… I have to cap 16 characters?

What kind of autism is that?

what a shitty, repetitive boring turd. glad i didnt pay a cent for this overblown newgrounds game.

T-Thanks, you too. I'm glad i dropped the game after the first time I went in the dungeon, but now I'm wondering why I bothered even finishing the other 4 dungeons in the first place.

Yes.

more like 32 because you have 50% chance to die to RNG bullshit on every Dungeon run.

Isn't it "fun" user?

Not on Radiant.

Good thing I'm a stubborn autist who is a glutton for punishment

Yeah they sure are able to re-enter it without a problem.

Are there factors in determining what type of heroes arrive at the stagecoach? I beat the game once and didn't get ANY abominations arriving after the very beginning (like the first 10-15 weeks). I beat the game in 99 weeks, so it's very unlikely (albeit possible) that it was just random chance.

For this reason I can't ever see myself playing anything other than Radiant mode. I also hate this game, but still keep going back to it.

Make sure you have deck based draw unchecked in options. Sometimes it gtes enabled by itself and it just fucks you over by giving you the same classes over and over and making others never appear

Abbos are rare as fuck, better grab one without looking too hard at potentially shitty quirks.

Does the Radiant mode make it more bearable?

You'll still get your shit pushed in if that's what you mean.

Busywork: The Game

But because they are high level they won't go into low level dungeons because it's "beneath them" so you can't train up lower level characters with a group of OP body guards.

How would you make the dungeons more interesting if you could?
Its mostly risk management, some item swapping with the curios, fights and estimating what way is the shortest. Anything else to fill the dungeon with more content that does not fall into those categorys?

Much more so. Things progress faster, so setbacks and random bullshittery don't mean so as much lost time. Also up to level 4 characters can go to the lowest level dungeon, so you can have more experienced bodyguards for your new recruits.

Give monsters the ability to flee
Have a mission where you chase a mob around until you corner it
Introduce shortcuts / warp points
Give proper healing items, since food isn't that cost efficient

Now gameplay vise : make it so mobs can't do anything players can't. Corpses being an obstacle for the player but a meat shield for the enemy, not effecting their position or which attacks they can use? Fuck that.

what really bothers me is the stress mechanic
I don't want anyone to die so i use jester and vestal so the game is slow for me combat wise.
Like, yes everybody lives but the gameplay is just so boring this way.

I wished the attacks would be half a second faster on the little animation and half a second faster transitioning turn of units. The game is slow compared to other turn based rpgs.

New mission types.
Slay elites
Trap a rat
Cancel-anytime shit that becomes harder

Also beating bosses should have an effect on the area, maybe laxer level restrictions or free Hamlet upgrades. Because I still have no idea why you should fight bosses except to make that mission go away.

This game was shit to start, has always been shit and will always be shit.

Go on tryhards have fun.