EPSXE

Is it possible to have enhanced 3D but keep the sprites pixellated instead of smoothed?

looks great on original hardware with an RGB CRT!

No point in mentioning RGB when almost every colour monitor or TV uses it. You're right that it would probably look better on a CRT but demanding original hardware is pointless.

I thought there was an option that specifically enabled that?

common ones are 31khz! Only in PALshit land do you get RGB consumer TVs, and just because a TV has scary, doesn't mean you will get rgb!

Really makes you think.

Yes. Select a higher rendering resolution, but disable texture upscaling and filtering. Textures and sprites will be sharp and pixelated, but the edges of polygons will be more detailed and visible at a distance due to the increased resolution.

Can I smoothe the 3d textures but not smooth the sprites?

why would you filter low resolution textures? You'll just get smudges.

I like it. But not on sprites.

It's theoretically possible, but AFAIK you can't do it with any existing emulator.
The PlayStation has different commands for rendering arbitrary triangles and rendering "sprites" (basically rectangular textures pasted over with no scaling or rotation). An emulator could interpret these commands separately, applying texture filtering only to the triangles, but I don't know of any that offer such an option.
Just play with texture filtering disabled you fucking pleb. Low-res PSX textures look like ass when filtered anyway.

Yes, just disable all the texture filtering in ePSXe's options.

The roulette says you're full of shit and it's right. Most consumer displays have RGB pixel layouts and you can test it yourself with this image.

disable texture filtering in the video plugin options

Just emulate the PSP version with the slowdown fix.

rgb layout =/= rgb output. It's all about the source and what the daughterboard has installed on it. RGB is only common on professional displays.

You can do it with the vulkan renderer of beetle-psx in retroarch.

thought that was breath of fire for a second

Why on earth are you still using epsxe?

Retard

Also there's a plugin for that but considering you are using EPSXE you're probably too retarded to make use of specialized plugins.

This will never not bug me in eastern media.

This, tbh. epsxe is zsnes-tier and should not be used by anyone under any circumstance.

No there isn't.

Come on now.

Mednafen via RetroArch is superior. No one should be subject to shitty plugins written by some guy almost a decade ago.

Pretty impressive they still manage to kind of hold up to this day.

They really don't, when something like beetle-psx is a complete upgrade.

Thanks for showing that you are too stupid to use the best emulation program on the planet.

squarepusher pls

Anyways, Mednafen standalone works just as good and it really is the best current choice for PSX emulation. If you need a gui launcher for Windows, look up Mednaffe.

Wait, wait. Beetle-psx (which has downstream updates that RA standalone doesn't have, as well as is responsible for features that were backported to standalone mednafen) is shit because of no analog trigger support, despite the fact that the "triggers" for playstation games were just digital buttons?

Just clarifying your retardation, so everyone knows not to listen to your bullshit.

If you haven't realized it yet I'm not talking about making the analog triggers work like that in psx games, you goddamn sperglord.
I'm talking about simple support for mapping digital buttons to the analog triggers in a 360 or DS4 (which in case of emulating a psx would normally be the R2 and L2 buttons)

This is a basic standard feature that every other emulator supports, including the standalone Mednafen. Hell even fucking NES emulators support it in case you'd like to map the analogs for some reason.

Only the special snowflake that is the "best emulation program on the planet" doesn't support this feature (it's not a core specific problem as you seem to imply, it's on RA's frontend), which means that if you're using any controller with analog triggers like Xbox 360 or DS4, you lose two buttons with RetroArch. You can't even map them for RA commands, it won't work. And if you're using a controller with analog press buttons such as a PS2 controller with an adapter, I never tried it but I believe it won't work at all with RA.
So yeah, missing such an important basic standard feature would be enough reason to call your autistic meme emulator shit (as if it didn't have plenty of other problems, it's entire controller support is a trainwreck)
I'll say let others decide who's full of bullshit here, shill.

Yes there is.

The human form is the best form, to an Asian, user.

Since we're having this thread, what are the current best emulators for old consoles. It's been a while since I've last looked into it.

What do you recommend?

2.0 is bretty good

Get a normal fucking controller then and stop buying modern dogshit that doesn't even have proper triggers.
And stop using drivers that force you to use the cancer that is xinput. Nigger.

Why does she have the body of a fat autistic tranny? What's with them big ol fat flat retard feet that ugly beaner mexican women have? That weird mishapen flat ass and that look on her face like she make a grumpy dumpies?

Who the fuck drew that and thought, yeah, that really makes my bobo bounce! Seriously, the fuck? I came in here for EPSXE, not A.U.T.I.S.M.

What in the absolute fuck are you talking about? L2/R2 on the DS4 work 100% perfectly in Retroarch as buttons, and are mapped that way by default, and have been for years. This is how I know you've never actually used RA, and are just sitting here lying on the internet because you're too fucking stupid to figure RA out.

Beetle-PSX.

A DS4 or X360 pad is a normal fucking controller in current year, faggot. They're standard. We're not going to use a fucking 4-button Gravis gamepad just because autists like you say so.
The problem is not with xinput since a quick google search shows this is also an issue with the Linux and Android versions of RA.
Go back to cuckchan and never come back

And this is how I know you're a fucking liar. Just google "retroarch analog triggers" you shithead.

The "problem" with RA and analog buttons is that it just recognizes them as digital buttons, not that it doesn't recognize them at all you fucking idiot. Are you fucking with me right now, or are you actually this retarded?

This right there 100% confirms that you're full of shit and have never actually used RA, you just misinterpreted what you heard someone else say, and now you're doubling down like a fucking idiot instead of just admitting you were wrong. You need to apologize, or get the fuck out of this thread you idiot.

Another emulation thread ruined by Retroautism

It would be nice if the same anally ~3 devastated autists (or one guy with a VPN) stopped lying and making up ridiculous bullshit whenever RA is mentioned. See
Anyone who has actually used RA would know that this isn't the case, yet here he is just making shit up to try and start drama.

I just used retroarch with my dual shock for L2 R2. You're an idiot.

Welp, since I'm not a leftist numale who was raised to be a subversive and lying cunt - my parents raised me to admit and apologize when I find out I was mistaken, I yield and admit I was a faggot and you were right. I take back most of my insults.
After my last post I did some more testing and messed with the options in RetroArch, and it turns out you actually can map the analog triggers.
The problem on my end was that the "User 1 Device Type" input setting was set as "Retropad" when it must be "Retropad w/ Analog" for the analog triggers to work.

To my defense though, the setting is not very intuitive or user friendly, since even with the device set just as "Retropad" (without analog) the analog thumbsticks still work just fine both in the interface and in games, and you can still map the analog triggers in the settings - they just won't work in-game. This is what contributed to my confusion. To make the analog triggers work you must set the device to "Retropad w/ analog", which should obviously be named "Retropad w/ analog triggers" since this would've avoided all this confusion.
And all the complaints I found on Google, on further reading actually are about making the analog triggers work as pressure sensitive and not about mapping.

RetroArch is still shit though, lack of proper documentation to avoid these fuck ups being one of the reasons

I was wondering why the game was running like dogshit, thanks

Good on you, user.

I do agree that RA has an enormous barrier to entry in the config/ui department, as when doing your first-time setup, there's a variety of things you're going to want to configure and they're all tucked away in different sections. It would greatly benefit from the inclusion of a newbie friendly configuration wizard that walks you through the process and tells you what each menu option does. Once you have that out of the way, though, it's super easy to pick up and use.

After they put out the next stable release I'm going to put together an infograph that shows how to get it all setup and properly configured, as well as optimal core settings

Try not being a fucking retard. It's in the options menu clear as day. "Press the button for R2"

Call me when there's negcon support so I can play Type 4 the way God intended.

Yes, but that's the problem, which I think I had made clear in my previous post - what makes it confusing is that the "Press the button for R2" is still there even if you set the input as retropad without analogs. You can map the analogs in the ui no matter how you set the input type. They just won't work in-game - however the analog thumbsticks DO work in-game even when the input is set as retropad without analogs.
The "retropad w/ analog" option now obviously refers to analog triggers and maybe analog press buttons support (in case you're using a PS2 controller with an adapter), but that's not clear at all until you figure it out.
So I thought the difference between "retropad" and "retropad w/ analog" was a setting that acted depending on what core you were using - for example support for the Nights analog controller in Saturn emulation, and dual shock support in PSX emulation.

An infograph would be great, especially if it addresses these issues that could confuse users, in an addendum for example.

Just to clarify a bit further:
Usually, when you talk about analog gamepads without further context, pretty much everyone will assume you're talking about thumbsticks. But that's not the case with RetroArch - "analog" for RA seems to mean pressure sensitive triggers and buttons. At least that's what I learned from this.

Use Mednafen for that. Same result and more input options.