Starcraft 2 Officially Dead

Since Starcraft 2 has been losing it's Korean playerbase due to the bullshit the game has caused for the past seven years, Blizzard's decided to give Starcraft 1 a "4K Remastering" with in short all they're doing is just upping the resolution.

While this is obviously just a cash grab, it's obvious they're moving away from Starcraft, as evident by this new move.

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20753755366#post-4
staredit.net/topic/17207/0/
starcraft.com/en-us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blizzcucks will pay for this and then stop playing it for Overwatch as Koreans keep playing the OG like the autistic retards they are.

Sixty-nine double dubs confirms.

So apparently there's been an update. While the HD upgrade is paid, the SD version of the game is going to be made free for anyone who never owned SC1. SD users can also crossplay against HD users. us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20753755366#post-4

While still jewish making people pay for an HD upgrade and also shafting those who own physical copies in the back, making the game free is a great idea. The sheer amount of noobs in the game will counteract the autistic Koreans.

On one hand, this is really what most of the old sc players like myself wanted in the firstplace when blizzard mentioned starcraft 2. It'd be nice to be able to tab from the game if I need to without it having a 50/50 chance of breaking. On the other hand, I don't want to give money to modern blizzard at all. The people at blizzard today are not really the same people who made starcraft/broodwar.
I am conflicted.

Is this only base game or will it include BW?

The trailer has medics, lurkers, and a snow map

Just give me fucking WC4. I want to play 3 so bad but it's infested with hackers.

Didn't you see what happened with SC2? Why on Earth do you want WC4? Let go.

Don't worry guys!

They're going to fix all the problematic, patriarchal dialogue.

So they hopefully remove map hacks. I never got a chance to play WC3. I wanted to get into it, and I've been watching pro-streamers to see what it's like. Every odd game has a map hacker which totally fucks the game when half of it is guessing what your opponent is doing. I can only imagine it gets even worse at the lower levels.

But yeah, it's in the hands of Activision now.

They're gonna deal with "I'm the man who's gonna kill you one day" being completely ignored in 2 aren't they

more like "I'm the xir who's gonna kill you one day"

Holy shit! It's exactly like I thought it was going to be. Higher resolution and ugly high-rez models. Just get the iccup launcher, it has forced the game to run in a higher resolution. The sprites are smaller, but they definitely look better than this shit.

More info.
Apparently it is free, like 100% free, not update to remastered but game itself.

That actually sounds pretty great.

Well this is what i get for not reading a fucking thread.
Also fucking mordheim.

Well, that rumor was pretty much spot on from a year ago, and for free? that's a good move since they fucking killed SC2 community and the Gooks moved on to ASSFAGGOTS or Overwatch, here's to playing custom maps with Holla Forums for fucking free, but it won't be the same.

As long as they don't change the dialogue to fit the lore than this is great.
From what I can tell the graphics look a little wonky as if they inverted the shading, like parts that should be darker than the rest of the unit are now brighter than the rest of the unit.
It will be interesting to see SC2 kiddies struggle with the limited unit grouping and single building grouping.
Although making it F2P will herd in tons of third worlders so we'll have someone to stomp for a change instead of being gook clicked to death as is the norm.
I'll definitely pirate the remaster to personally see if they fucked it up and how badly if so.
I already own the battlechest from years and years ago but I won't mind rebuying it if it means it will make it more likely to get a Diablo 2 remaster and a 64bit version of wc3.
WC3 badly needs a better engine since the most played games have fuck tons of units that all can't move at the same time because of the engines limitation.

I'd pre-order it if I wasn't so sure that the map editor is going to get sliced up and it'll get some cancerous arcade tacked on.

Yeah, there it is. That's why I'm not even getting excited.
Why

Eh? I haven't been following K-Drama at all, aren't they just slaving their lives away at SC2 as usual or has there been a change in their monotonous lives?

Gee Blizzard, you're not trying to revise history are you?

Cowboy Raynor was the dumbest change they made. He was a bald Hick Nerd not a Red Dead reject.

I can see it now. They're gonna retcon the story to try and shore up the clusterfuck of lorerape in SC2.

You can bet Jimmy's vow to bitchslap the queen bitch at the end of BW will be the first on the chopping block.

What's a bet they add in dialogue to do with destiny and make Mengsk more mustache-twirlingly evil, and make shit up about Tassadar and Duran.

SC 1 is more popular and has bigger tournaments than 2 and the korean president was a fucking puppet of some illuminati style secret society made up of woman and the country is generally fucked over the top with ultra extremist feminists

Duran was already revealed to be an agent of the Xel'Naga in the Brood War secret mission, they wouldn't need to change anything about him to fit the lore.
I'm worried more so they will male the Zerg dindu nuffins and they will just be oppressed space insects as is Blizzards MO for every retcon they make.
The Orcs from WC2 were absolutely evil, now they are an allegory for dem poor refugees and have been increasingly since WC3.

They stopped playing, the constant "balance" and meta-game changes that made new creative plays by the Gooks redundant, and very force e-sports faggotry burned everyone out of that game, they all went back to Starcraft 1

So shit like vid realted can't be used as an arguemnt against Blizztards shitty writing.

BW is almost essential so it would be dumb for them to not release BW.

Moreover unlike Starcraft, Broodwar never had a proper DRM so you could pirate the addon on your legit copy and play online

It was at least a nice change in Warcraft 3. It was the first time I encountered orcs who were anything other than pure evil, and making them native americans. And even among those, there were still plenty who were happy to go evil and rape and pillage.
It was in WoW when it all started to go to shit. African/Jamaican trolls being the ancestors of elves. Thrall becoming Jesus instead of just being Moses.

Its free

Lord of the Clans was supposed to show that the Orcs weren't always cliched murderous idiots, kinda went retarded by WoW and the lore books that showed that they were created by the Titans.

Microtransactions?

No its not.
Read the thread.

The Remastered version will cost money as it seems they reworked all the sprites and audio, but the original version is free and will play on the same servers as the Remaster.
So it's actually surprisingly minimally jewish of them for a change. Although I wouldn't put it past them to do something like purchaseable alternate sprites.

The Remaster is paid, original is free.

And Blizzard dodged a bullet there, their non-vidya franchise stuff were good, now if you downloaded the Warcraft Adventures incomplete game that was leaked by some Russian, it was pretty entertaining, but stupid though, but they turned it into a book.

So is there also going to be a remaster for current Nintendo consoles as well? Just like pic-related?

MY LIFE FOR YURI

Maybe they'll fuck up the original version, making it buggy while making sure the remastered version is smooth

To be fair the reason that Orcs have that cliche is because of the way the originator of the green orcs GW wrote them

Switch off your life

what you talking about boy?

Yes please. I want to command armies with a wii mote.
They still use wiimotes, right?

Nah they use remotes that are smaller than Nunchucks now

The original is difficult to play on modern systems without work arounds like turning windows explorer off. All they would have to do is nothing in regards to the original to pressure sales for the remaster.

They will make it unoptimised on purpose to make people want to buy the HD version

I hate how you are making me defend blizzard but baseless assumptions are not an argument and makes for 4cucktier discussion.
Blizzard makes the worst design decisions but their games always run on toasters no matter what.
Have you even looked at the system requirements for Brood War? If they made it 10 times more unoptimized it would still run on all modern toasters without fail.

I WILL BREAK YOU

user, all they would need to do is not change the resolution options from the original game and it would drive a large portion of people to get the HD.

You know right they've fucked this shit up in the past

so this is the power of mods, hope you don't consider mental omega to be this comeback you speak of since >muh oc faction

They won't be, but it's free to drive interest in buying the HD version, which is exactly why they made it free. I'm not contesting that, they ultimately need sales for the Remaster and how much they charge for it will be the determining factor as to exactly how Jewish this will be. 20$ being minimally so and 60$ + microtransactions being overkike tier.

When did they fuck up optimization? When have they retroactively broke games?
Blizzard has done lots of terrible shit in the past but they've always managed to have good programmers outside of overwatch and its retarded hitboxes.

meant *"It won't have updated resolutions" in regards to the first paragraph.

Well it's not Blizzard but you have old games not running properly on new devices even after a fix
And keep in mind that Blizzard would likely make this fuck up on a way that the power of the PC doesn't matter
That or it's a way to give us a pozzed version of SC1 which is possible

lets be honest, it's not the most ridiculous thing Blizzard has done

Not fixing games broken by newer Operating Systems/Libraries is just lazyness and not really maliscious.
My true fear and the only thing that there are signs for so far is PozzCraft.

they forgot how to into subtly since wc3

I thought it would be the opposite, make the base game free so the people would buy BW, since it's almost essential. They would gain shitload of money this way

I literally laughed out loud at this. But it's out of disbelief. They aren't even trying anymore. None of these triple A companies care about their games or customers.

We are headed for a video game crash. Mark my words.

user

The hell is that fleshy monstrosity?

Only if it comes with a 1-to-1 replica of the original cartridge, so that one user can relive his childhood.

Someone dropped a penny in the basement.

Great now total asscancer can shill some more.

Jew Overlord

Either practical effects or some morbidly obese fuck is growing a jabba tail.

Have you guys seen the fucking images? They simply took the original 3D models, increased the resolution, and called it a day. Resolution and image clarity went up, detail did not, result is that they all look clean as fuck, all the grit is gone, and they don't even seem to be connected to the ground.

It's shit, and they are charging for it. Also shills out in force on cuckchan (good thing I only shitpost there).

'ey! You callin' 'em picking minerals raycist, boy?

WE

Wasn't he always black? He never sounded black, but the portrait always looked black/mexicanish to me.

Will they even be animated? By this time I wouldnt even be surprised if it isnt.

Always seemed black/dark-ish to me too.

The tanks also look kind of funny.

Only the Dark Templar and the Nexus should be in that image. The other two look to be high templar, who float, and probes also float. But I agree cleaning it up looks terrible.

They're 2D sprites of 3D models.

How much you wanna bet that minimap is a resource hogger? Because it looks like they just zoomed way out of the real-time map and locked the camera.

I'm just waiting for DoW 3 now

Shirley, you jest!

In the images posted by the Terran buildings all look massively out of place, as though they're not connected to the ground, the ground around them hasn't been disturbed. It's even worse in the Zerg image since you'd expect them to be attached to the creep somehow.

I'm waiting. I also expect to be slightly disappointed.

Well…

They don't look too bad but if you look at , especially the Zerg, they really look copypasted.

That's what I meant by increasing the resolution. They took the same 3D model, but rendered it at a higher resolution instead of the tiny one they used back then, and used that render as a sprite (Diablo 2 did it the same way too).

At least Blizzard is usually decent at optimizing (because half their players are third worlders nowadays), but it still wouldn't surprise me.

I think its a mix of perspective and shadows. It's a shoddy job.

BUT IT'S JUST A ___

Yeah, it's shadows. If they'd just put some drop shadows on the sprites then they'd look vastly more connected to the world.

Apparently, according to a statement, they did rework the models. Which probably just makes it worse, means they did a shit job at it. Anyone else getting flashbacks to pic related?

My blizzdrone friends are actually hyped for this lazy remaster. The only point I see for this remaster is if it comes to consoles.

Forgot to point out how the comparison is fake in the image, the supposed original sprites are from the campaign map, not the battlemap.

I hope that means just higher quality and not cucked up shit.

webm'd

What if they changed the dialog to refer to non-terrans as "Ze/Zey/Zem"?

Just imagine. An ENTIRE classic remade for the sake of pronouns. God almighty.

I don't play RTS, but visually that looks way better than Starcraft 2.
I guess it'll be a good opportunity to finally play singleplayer.

Too bad SC1 campaign sucked balls. SC2 campaign was better.

Probably nil. Looks like static backdrop screenshot of the map, basic fog of war which is piss easy to render, and colored rectangles overlay.

Your numerals scare me user.

Are they finally dying?

They've been dead since 2010.

This is the equivalent of a full house. We're so fucked.

Jim is in love with Kerrigan. Jim has always been in love with Kerrigan.

There's something especially pathetic about a country that makes a shitty RT strategy game into a national sport.

And I'm not even in normalfag sports, but I still perceive olympics and the football world cup as immensely more memetic and iconical than a fucking Starcraft match. This shit resembles a cargo cult.

Some airplane pilot threw a bootleg disc of Starcraft 1 outside the window, the savages below picked it up and started worshipping it like an e-sport.

SCV = Space Cottonpickin' Vehicle

There was a time where I would have been mad but I don't even care anymore.

Shit, I forgot to rename the pic Indy_Onahole.png

Also:

Remember a time when you would have looked forward to this?

That's because you posted a static picture, buddy.

"Le Grand Rhume" by some weird guy

Why is Eddie Murphy making a cameo appearance as an SCV?

Reminder that they stopped selling the original Starcraft on their store in preparation for this.

Nothing to see here except a dev making a fool of himself and what will be probably be a comedy gold if you are korean, this is from an interview with the devs

Ironically using external programs to change the original keybind is one feature that is banned in the only server alive, where koreans former pro's and amateurs alike play called fish, the fact that this idiot made such a stupid statement is hilarious, cant wait to see the whole korean scene autistically sperging over comments like that or this one.

they stopped because classic game is going free

there's no point in paying for a free product unless you're a proud GOG.com customer

This.

Also, am I alone in thinking Raynor was just a light skinned black man? Or maybe some sort of Dominican.
I was completely surprised when he was some white dude in SC2.

Also, anyone else realize they got rid of Kerrigan's clothes from SC1?

nah, Raynor's a regular normal white guy

I'd post the webm if I had it

I guess that's evident by his SC2 model.
At the time though, had all the non-white features to middle-school aged me.

Kinda wide nose.
Bald head.
Goatee.
Violent.

>>>/back/

Naw he's always been h'wite.

i guess it's alright, although i'd be surprised if there isn't already a fanmade mod that helps this
anyways, why didn't they just recreate the game in starcraft 2's engine, at least we'd have actual 3d then

It still pulses, but at a way slower pace.

Isn't he already there? Wouldn't it be more appropriate telling him to leave?

This is kinda-sorta obsolete because Mass Recall with Retro Models mod exists. I say "kinda-sorta" because multiplayer is functional.

It makes sense to release an HD remaster and charge for it. It takes time and effort and you only really get prettier graphics out it. Hell, microtransactions for purely cosmetic stuff is a great way to make money for companies: it keeps your artists busy between projects, makes profits for the company so they don't have to fire/shuffle artists around and it makes vain autists and MUH GRAPHICS autists happy.

Since I still manage to underestimate how bad things will be, this time I'll aim higher. Not only are they going to change the story so that Raynor doesn't do a full 180º, but also remove problematic suggestive lines from female characters.
If I didn't think this is just a jewy cash grab, I'd go as far as say they'll replace the original Kerrigan voice actress with the cylon from SC2, but they would have to pay her to redo all those lines.

They either pay the new actress to redo the lines or pay the old actress royalties.

He's trailer trash, Terrans are trashy stereotypes of hics, hillbillies, and trailer trash. It's part of of their shtick. The SCV is a black dude though.

I was going to be mad, but, you know, that's just what these people do. There was no other possible outcome, and I'm glad that they fail at everything they do.

Ok that's nice and beautiful that they fell for the gook meme "balanced melee RTS" , but what about us who solely played SC1 and Warcraft 3 for the custom maps and the mods? Personally I'd love the data editor inside starcraft 1.
staredit.net/topic/17207/0/

10/10 forum.

why are some user against matchmaking? It's more fun to play against similarly skilled opponents in any game, and the custom/lobby/pub games will probably still be available.

Because they fucked up custom games in the past. Nobody trusts Blizzard.

The RP clans in WC3 were the worst.

They are still the worst and they are still RPing.

I got in on good terms with someone in a Warcraft 3 RP clan, and got invited to a private game. It was the best RP fun I ever had on Warcraft 3, but after two hours I had to go.

It's like the more liberal they become, the more autistic and cringe their humor gets.

You retards must be degenerates magnets because I've never seen one person RPing on W3 or SC clans/chats.
I'm sure this shit started in WoW with all the normalfags flooding the game.

Hahaha, god I love that fucking webm

in a scale of 1 to 10 how blacked this Remastered version is gonna be?

THIS EXISTS?

Reminder that complex games with natural checks built in do not need balancing. Starcraft & Broodwar had fair few patches over its decade long run, and they were based on extensive testing and explicit, singular options that were just 'better' than the rest.
The thing that made playing and watching Brood War especially so interesting is that the intricate balancing game of "optimal strategies"/"broken builds", builds designed to counter 'optimal' builds, and creative bullshit that would later go on to become an overused cheese or a new "optimal strategy".
Blizzard centrally planned UMS to death. Blizzard killed ICCUP and independent laddering. Blizzard centrally planned Melee and 1v1 to death through infinite patches and 'tweaks'.
For comparison:
>1.08 was in 200-fucking-1 and was mostly meant to compensate the suffering Terran, but since it was now close enough, they left it alone
>Starcraft II has 38 balance patches
THIRTY EIGHT
24 if you do not include Beta, and a majority of them are fucking huge re-balances that dramatically changed the game.
Sure, they finally figured it out and chilled out, but the damage was done. Most recent was last May.

He's just your ordinary white backwoods motorcycle cop.
Even has the mustache for it.

How'd the ultralisk portrait come out?
I remember the original being an actually somewhat alien face before they replaced it with a generic drooling rhinoceros with teeth in 2.

I may be a delusional blizzdrone but I sincerely don't believe Blizzard would make cucked dialogue. However, it wouldn't be out of the blue if they did. Can't really know until it's released anyways

Don't delude yourself, you know how this is gonna end.

IT LOOKS THE FUCKING SAME

You're a delusional Blizzdrone if you think they won't.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

I always thought that Jim was a blondie. Really fucked with me when he had long dark hair in the second one.

I just really don't want the last vestiges of a good company to go down the drain.

It's not the same company user, and hasn't been since WoW and the merger with Activision.

It was added on Karazhan rehash patch. It's cringeworthy as you can imagine.

They had to be paid to do this. I refuse to think otherwise

You're thinking of Mass Recall, and yeah it's far better than this shit.

They confirmed in a blue post on the forums that Brood War will also be free. The only thing that actually has to be paid is the "HD Upgrade"

Can anyone give me the rundown on what exactly this bullshit was, and rekated but why did Destiny become himself of 2017?

Ah, so they acted like it was FaF or something

As is to be expected, the blizzdrones are all over this shit.

Meanwhile, the actual "remastered" graphics look like one of those iOS remakes that get churned out on mobile stores by pajeets (anyone remember that shitty FF6 port?).

Most of the new unit art looks atrocious.
Back then you had your phantasy to fill out the gaps caused by the low resolution art.
Now look at this shit.

I must admit, at least the new Overlord one looks nice.

The changes to the backgrounds also look like shit.

Take a look at the crystal formations in the Overlord pics, in the old ones you really could see the details and the work that was put into them. The updated crystals just look like generic shit.

Blizzard is the new Bioware.

That's why he vowed to kill what she became. Of all the fucking tragedic vidya romances Kerrigan and Jim was the only noteworthy one.

You say that as if it was a bad thing. This is why Warcraft Orcs will always be inferior to the Orks.

man, I had forgotten about the Lion King music in that scene…
Now I remember… fuck you, fuck both of you…

Damn and here I was expecting some more realistic gritty Heroes of Might & Magic pixel art, or Red Alert 2. Eh at least they're giving us a big resolution (unless they don't optimize that well and it runs like an ass even on an I7-7700K)

My real dream is to see starcraft with the actual high-poly movie cinematic models, which you get a glimpse of in the menu and various cinematics. I wish releasing the source files for the video game cinematics would be a common practice.

user there's been a resolution fix for years now. This is just a really cheap way for them to jew a few more shekels from a dead series. Reminds of the new Homm3 re-HD edition.

SC1 was doing so well before SC2 came around. There used to be around 40 games open to join at all times and then SC2 stole the community and made them so depressed they just couldn't go back to playing SC1 as normal.

Only way SC1 would get properly revitalized is if they officially supported it and gave us proper tools to make our own custom campaigns with unique gameplay, just like our UMS maps, but something much more properly done and less limiting.

And by the way, mods will never fix a game if the engine and tools are just too shit to create a good result out of them.
SC1 and WC3's multiplayer would have been long dead without the custom maps.

You mean the map editor that comes with Starcraft that you can get into any time you wanted? It's not nearly as limiting as you make it out to be

Well brood war will be free, but I guarantee you it's going to be a buggy "balanced" mess when they try and force that shit makeup of an HD version. Just pirate the original and get a hd launcher with multiplayer.

Better overall audio?
Real Orchestra Music?
Retcon Raynor "I'll kill you next time, Kerrigan!" lines?
Replace Kerrigan's original VA for the one used in SC2?

Most things inside the game don't look like they were intended. In the manual of the game you could check how they were intended to look.

The Goliath was obviously an ED-309 from RoboCop (1987)
The SCD was clearly the cargo-loader from Aliens (1986)
Jim Raynor's original concept was very similar to how he looked in SC2.

And this is how Kerrigan and Infested Kerrigan should've looked like.

So close but still impossibly far, the effort that would be needed to be a satisfactory remake isn't there
It's dead in the fucking water though because
means
means
At some point visual designers decided play-doh and nu-SciFi should choke metal tones, actual spritework and design, and carefully crafted aesthetic into oblivion, and I hate it.
Hate it with a passion.
The ingame UI's are at least moderately acceptable even shined up and less detailed, so maybe there's still hope.

That is one really non practical sniper rifle

So, you achieve a kerrigan, would you dick her or kill her?

Weeell?

Her cooch would have some crazy spikes in it, no thanks.
He should have kept his promise and killed that crazy hybrid bitch.

Actually katanas have curved blades.

Looks like a stalakite or whatever those drop-forms in caves looks like.

In both playerbase and spectators scbw without remaster has had the lead over SC2 for at least 2 years now.

It's a stalakike, not a stalactite.

That explains this
starcraft.com/en-us/