Wrestling Vidya

What is objectively the best wrestling video game, and why is it still WWE Day of Reckoning?

Other urls found in this thread:

si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/23/shawn-michaels-aj-styles-wrestlemania-match
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WCW/nWo Revenge for the Nintendo 64, of course. It's only matched by Melee when it comes to 4-player fighting games.

I will admit Revenge had an amazing intro for an N64 game

Because pretty much every WWE game on the PS2 and PS3 was a sluggish, boring mess. And it saddens me to say it because those are my favourite consoles. But the Gamecube titles undeniably perfected the formula. Too bad DoR2 turned out an inferior rehash.

DELETE THIS

It's cliche but No Mercy

Best controls, Best Season mode

Go away horsie

Proper Rumble Roses 2 with story mode, when?

WWE All-Stars 2 when?

When THQ comes back

2k17

Royal Rumble for the Genesis, fuck you

WrestleMania the Arcade game is still GOAT
Doink and Razor Ramon are top tier

Fire Pro Wrestling World is out soon. Never played them but I hear people love them.

Is that NJPW's game or something?

No. Japan in origin.

Good grappling system, striking system, springboard moves, was pretty fast paced, you could actually break up other wrestlers moves

…Why user?

Its the fucking best thats why

dig dig diggity
dig diggity dog

Real best wrestling video games coming through.

Kinnikuman Generations and Rumble Roses…you are my comrade. Incidentally, why is it there's little lewd art for Miss Spencer? (Or a new Rumble Roses game?)

I wonder

Pachinko when?

FirePro is easily the most technical wrestling vidya. It's not affiliated to any promotion, so its roster was basically very obvious bootlegs of wrestlers from all places.

Nice numbers.
I used to know one of those guys, he's a lefty cuck. Also, they weren't hating the fact that it was doing muh wymyns, they were hating the fact that they only gave the horses time while ignoring the rest of the roster

Honestly prefer Muscle Grand Prix to Generations, but it's still solid.
>new game with the new manga characters and moves never fucking ever since AKI is all but dead

Did anyone else play this game? It wasn't that good (or any good) but I still remember it rather vividly.

That's been RAW's problem ever since the brand split, that and Steph getting to take everyone to Emasculation City Bitch and never getting comeuppance like her father did all the time.

One good thing I can say about Vince McMahon…dude is OK with his employee beating the shit out him.

Vince was a businessman. If getting punched in the face made him millions of dollars, he'd get punched in the face every week.

Stephanie McMahon is a business man's daughter and little else.

And Shane inherited that part of Vince. Seriously, the shit that Shane takes, dude is a damn trooper.

Stephanie is the fucking worst. She takes every opportunity she can to emasculate everyone on the roster and only very rarely gets anything approaching comeuppance. I know she's a heel and all, but most good heels actually add some value to the show instead of just making it shittier.

I don't think Shane/AJ is gonna end up being a good match and would have preferred it be HBK/AJ like they originally planned, but he still does a lot more for the talent than Steph ever will

Also not related to Shane at all but I really hope they have Corbin come out on an actual motorcycle next sunday, and instead of those fake-sounding motorcycle sounds in his theme, he revs the real one he's riding

Haha FAGS.

GM mode making a comeback 2k7 style when?

Wrestlemania 21 was okay.
It had a linear story which was pretty great.

But its the best match type. It just doesn't go far enough.

Well, there's that Fulfill Your Fantasy on SVR 06.

My top 3 RASSLIN games
Which was your SmackDown game?

Since this is a wrestling thread, I'll post this here. Join /wooo/ to witness the shitshow that will be Wrestlemania 33 Holla Forums. Shitposting about the event is the only way you can enjoy it.

Not a single match on that card interest me
Why AJ vs Shane ? Couldn't get someone else to fight Mr.Gay Community ?

I think people on woo were talking about it and the answer was no.

Apparently this is Vince's way of rewarding AJ from being so good in his debut year. There are numerous potential wrestlers who could have put a better match with AJ, like Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Daniel Bryan WWE won't clear him but it would have made more sense but we're not getting any of that.

si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/23/shawn-michaels-aj-styles-wrestlemania-match

Reminder the people behind all the good wrestling games now make Style Savvy and that series is actually pretty nifty.

I was too young to know who the fuck over half the people in that game were when I played it but that was my shit then.

I remember not knowing what a rope break was and whenever I got it to happen I thought it was a good thing and was like "Alright I'm breaking his ropes" as if it was a term that meant pushing someone past their limit.

I didn't know who anyone in WCW was because I grew up watching WWF with my mother

The Invasion was a fun angle though

I do find it funny that Stephanie said she wanted to introduce LGBT characters or some shit and it never happened, I have a feeling Vince read that and probably threw a fit.

Vince is so insane if there ever were a tranny wrestler he'd degrade the hell out of them.

Can't wait.

he would never

Anyone else is hyped?

Fucking really ?

90s AJPW is the shit.

See

The original plan was AJ vs HBK but Shawn didnt want to disrespect the stipulation of his final match

Well Wolf and Jeffry aren't real people, they're characters from virtua fighter

There will never be a Rumble Roses 3 with todays graphics, character creator, match variety and online mode…

don't worry they'll eventually make another Rumble Roses pachinko game

WE SOME SOUTHERN BOYS
WITH GAY KILLER STRENGTH
AIN'T NOBODY FAG ENOUGH TO FEEL THE PAIN

Pic related is the only wrestling game ill play 👌

THE GAY COMMUNITY?

The only anime series that I like. Is Grand Prix better than Generations? I remember being able to effortlessly stifle all the opponent's moves in Generations.

Go to bed, Linda McMahon, your shit-tier brand is pure cancer.

You made me do this

wew

Well memed friendo

Takers never gonna make it down that RIP

If HBK wasn't coming out of retirement for his protege Daniel Bryan he isn't coming out of retirement for AJ Styles

I always thought this was the best pro wrestling game, it had the usual customization. But I must've spent hundreds of hours playing endless season mode. And I always hoped I'd get some new intermission scene I hadn't seen before.

I recall this one scene (and never again repeated) where the Dudleyz stole the tag titles from the Hardys…and there's the Triple H pedigreeing Kane on a steel chair

FUCK

Am I fucking going over?

He'll be going over Rollins at Mania.

Cant wait to see how he'll try to top the Shao Kahn entrance.

I don't think he'll go over Rollins. It would make no sense.

…Okay, I see your point.

They might be thinking of something down the road.

HHH wins with trickery, Rollins fights with everything he has, but HHH has Joe on his side. Fast forward a few months, Ambrose has been drafted to RAW and battling HHH/Joe/Owens ever since. Seth returns, fully healed and ready to go. Roman helps his friends out. Shield reunion for Smmerslam against HHH/Joe/Owens.

Joe gets injured, they panic and have Cena beat all three of them in a triple threat, Cena vs HHH ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT ONLY AT SUMMERSLAM

MISTAH THREE OH FAH

I think they should just finish the feud at Wrestlemania before someone gets injured again and they have to push it back to Summerslam/Rumble/next years Mania.

HHH going over Lesnar and Sting made no sense either. Take a look at his recent WM track record
>_ at WM33 (fill in the blank)
I'd be honestly surprised if Rollins won, despite that makes the most sense booking wise.

Came here to post this, family member

Not really, Shane makes other wrestlers look like fools when the boss's son is doing all that crazy shit and nobody else is allowed or willing to do it.

Also going toe-to-toe with Undertaker was bad for business.

Dave Meltzer said that Shane vs Taker was the biggest draw last year and I agree, their match, with it being Shane's return as well as the huge stipulation added and having the best buildup, it definitely was the only match I was really looking forward too.

there's nothing i like more than watching hot sweaty oily half naked men bodies slapping togeather as they jump on top of each other and try to pin each other into submission

Calm the fuck down. Haitch always lays down for his guys.

Smackdown Know Your Role for the PS1.

Wonder if it aged well.

Very hyped, I might even get it on release.

oh hey I didn't know one of Braun Strowman's jobbers posted on Holla Forums

Mite b cool

i think No Mercy perfected this formula, but i clearly remember spending almost an entire summer playing nothing but this and Hybrid Heaven

Grand Prix is more of a fighting game with grappling mechanics but pretty solid on its own and has shitloads of fanservice (alt costumes, character-specific counter moves, tracks from the actual anime series) and announcement by the PRIDE lady herself, Lenne Hardt (who also was in an Ultimate Muscle episode). Get 2 since it has Throne Arc reps And Kinnikuman Big Body with a full moveset.
Also the guy translating the new manga posts on /a/

Shame the outcome was immediately nullified the day after.