Uncomfy games

Games that ARE NOT comfy. You don't feel right playing them and you never will, no matter how hard you try. It irks you so much. Fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/map8K1mVS98
youtu.be/5UI5gc7G9KQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hate it.

Pretty much the least comfy game ever made, yeah.

Sonic Heroes. I really love how the game looks and some of the action parts are great but any time I move I just fear for my life, especially when I'm low on lives. You just slip all over the damn place and never feel safe at all.

I hate games where developers actively patch the fun out.

Killing Floor did it.
Dragon's Dogma did it.

I also hate the art style.
It looks okay. But the style itself turns me off.

I know what you mean, but consider that in an online game, if you can trivialize endgame content (even after beating it), then that means you can farm best-in-slot drops or what have you, with minimal effort. Then everyone gets those drops by trading, and all of a sudden, the content becomes meaningless. It's a way to control the player economy, in a way.

I'm not sure if this is the popular or unpopular opinion, but fuck treasure hunting in SA series and Heroes. Everything else felt like you were focused on moving through a level but then the treasure hunting really killed the momentum for me. It was mostly a problem in later ones where the levels became larger and more complex and I just want to run through shit fast.

I really liked that game but never finished it.

I hate this clunky piece of shit.

le get gud user xDDD

In Sonic Heroes it's fucking unbearable. Chaotix's missions were impossible and I blame it all on the devs asking you to go for 100% completion instead of giving you a 2/3rds kind of deal with any collectatble. I suspect this was done deliberately to add to the game-hours.

In SA1 it's rather enjoyable, in SA2 it only ever feels rewarding once you've familiarized with the level a lot so that whatever hint you get you can immediately figure out the general area where it can be located. But I must say, not being able to track down all three hidden items at the same time is bullshit.

The fucking game needs to git gud.

I liked DS, but the atmosphere certainly wasn't comfy. Too dreary and dead.

I've never been able to get comfy in any game that as cut-in portraits with voice acting like Persona. Bonus points if it's rudimentary animated which just makes it look even worse.

Now this is autism.

I dunno, man. I thought listening to the pendulums swing while waiting for my red eye to find me an invasion in Sen's was pretty comfy. Just leaned against the wall and waited.

Can't autists actually pay MORE attention to that stuff though? Maybe I'm thinking of another mental illness.

How is not liking it when developers slap concept sketches over a quarter of the screen whenever someone talks autism?

Don't Starve did this with clothes degradation and then Summer. Went from a really comfy game to straight up retarded bullshit nonstop.

It's not, It's just boring as fuck. Doesn't help if the VA's are garbage.

UNCOMFY

This fucking game.

I don't think I've ever felt as fucking helpless and unsettled than when I played this thing. FUCK.

For me it has to be L.S.D.
It got me pretty fucking hard.

That's what makes it so amazing

If we were reddit, we would endlessly love that shitty IP. Quit projecting your own ignorance, you cancerous growth.

not liking I can understand, we all have different tastes user but
these are simply not true about dark souls 1.

Except Dark Souls was never good.

I don't think it's comfy and I find it clunky, what are you gonna do about it? Nerd.

t. 13 year olds

Politely disagree through civil discourse.
What are you gonna do about it nerd?

I can respect that it does what it does well, and properly, but is not for me either. Not only that, but the game is stressful as balls, and the grindy nature of the corpse runs is what turned me off of most JRPG's.

I can see why the decision was made, but yeah, not so fun when absolutely nothing you have on you will last.

I guess complain all you like. Nobody said you can't like it.

I'm okay with the turn based dungeon crawling, as well as SOME of the punishing difficulty, but when you look at the game really closely it's obvious they were trying their damnedest to make "how do we make the grind LONGER" into gameplay concepts that people could accept. Look no further than maximum stack sizes as the perfect beginning example, and delve into stress if you really want to get angry.

I love the art style and the setting, but I would mod most the time-wasting stuff that doesn't add anything to the game in any sense out before I attempt to play all the way through.

Why is Yoshis New Island uncomfy OP? Don't you want to know what Yoshis Eggs smell like? ha ha

I swear to god, I will Respect your opinion, for we all share a valid piece of evidence to our worldview

Why these chucklefucks keep calling Souls clunky is beyond me. It's one of the most responsive games out there that isn't the much faster DMC style ones. It's particularly noticeable in the movement, which is one of the most responsive ones I've seen.

Don't have to like it, but calling it clunky is some stupid shit. I'm starting to think that "clunky" really just means "weapons don't swing the instant I press the button" when it comes to Souls.

Wow, rude.

PC turn based strategy. So little happens but they never have controller support even though it would be easy as fuck to support. So you are sitting here likely pressing the same 4 buttons on the keyboard but actively using a mouse despite nothing actually requiring much precision at all while sitting on a shitty desk chair which are never more comfortable than a couch. Sure you can actually bind controller in some unofficial fashion and play to the full extent the game allows a player to even play but the developers have managed to make the hud the absolute smallest it could possibly be so it requires you to be right up at the fucking screen anyways so in the same desk chair. There is so much potential for it to be comfortable to play, I seriously don't fucking understand the stigma against just supporting controllers literally all they would have to do is put an option to bump the hud including cursor up 400 percent

I play most of my video games on PS4, including FPSes

pretty sure reddit is the one who loves ds

If comfy means that a game isn't super hard, the 3DS Yoshi's Island certainly qualifies as comfy. This is very similar to the SNES Yoshi, but the levels are a bit shorter, and when you die a lot you get offered a helpful item (using it to finish the level marks it with a shameful color on the world map, and you can undo it by redoing the level without the helper). Playing through it even without using the helper item is easier than SNES Yoshi. I found it very easy (I admit I didn't even try to get the bonus thingies and secret levels).

But there was something off about the atmosphere. The "art style" was a fugly combination of drawn, pre-rendered stuff, a few polygonal huge enemies. I thought I got used the ugliness when I was optically assaulted by a hideous black-and-white background that felt even more out of place than anything before. The graphics made it feel like it was made by people who weren't working on it as a team, but lone drones being told to do specific tiny things without talking to each other, having no idea how the parts would look like together.

Reddit likes DS and BB because they appear hard but aren't, so you can appear good.
DSfags are what killed m interest in MHG. They actively shit it up and complain that the game is rigged because they are under the impression that the dodge frames are tiny and the monsters cheat.

Wooly World wasn't bad and had a coherent style, since it was themed around the yarn and stuff. I still haven't beaten it but am in the last world at the ghost house.
Didn't play New Island but I heard it was kind of bland.

Skyrim had a lot of this going on for me. It was pretty comfy sometimes but I'm super autistic about NPCs that don't ever repopulate just getting murdered by dragons or passing mobs etc. and it made me savescum so much more than I ever would have without the unnecessary as shit way they all just go get themselves killed. Oblivion had this too sometimes, but usually only with gates so you could kind of work around it and it wasn't as bad as dragons. Then fucking Dawnguard added in nighttime high level vampire spawns in the middle of every town past the walls and the guards for who the fuck knows why and just made it even worse.

Woolly World is amazing. It's fairly easy, but the art style is really good, and it feels comfy as fuck.
It's double amazing as I made Hitler Yoshi. I want to share it around on StreetPass, but that's a little too autistic.

All of my favorite series are being systematically defiled. Let no original series go unmolested.

What got nerfed in DD? The last time I played it , Assassins, Magic Archers, Mystic Knights, Archers, Sorcerers and Striders were still broken as fuck.

It's depressing as fuck, not my definition of comfy.

exactly what's depressing about it?

Probably being shit and dying constantly

Basically every game that goes for hyper realism does that for me

The entire setting?

I like Thief, but the game makes you feel like you're trapped in a nightmare. There's a lot of reasons for this.

The physics are so sluggish and loose. Garrett slides and bobs around like he's underwater, slipping off ledges and ladders, getting stuck on small slopes, having a mantling ability that only works half the time (which means it never works when there's a guard chasing you). He falls like a leaf, but can die instantly from a 20 foot drop. He just has trouble with things that would bother no real, functioning human, so it's really like a bad dream where you can't use your legs or something.

The combat is as inhumanly awkward as possible. You can be swinging your sword point-blank at someone's chest and it just passes through them like they're not really there.

Sometimes, the rules of reality fall apart and you die for the most absurd reason. I tried jumping in a lake to get away, then the guard came running at me underwater and killed me. Then he drowned.

And, of course, the dark atmosphere helps bring the whole thing together. It just has so much in common with old survival horror games - the atmosphere, the weakness of the player, the limited resources. That's why I think it should be viewed as one.

MHG should have killed your interest in MHG

what's wrong with the setting?

It's depressing.

i never experienced what you have though while playing thief, the controls feel very responsive. try turning off mouse acceleration
really helped make the controls feel great for me

It wasn't just ugly. It had wonky mechanics, especially the shooting. It didn't feel right, at any point. It felt off from the very first mission with the way movement feels. The air combat was more tedious than the game it was trying to mimic. People said that mods fixed the game, but all that did was add a bunch of stuff to find and aliens to fight. The base of the game still felt horrible.

I am hopeful that the sequel doesn't feel like an abomination like the first one, but all it's done so far is look prettier. I still have to wash my hands every time I play the game.

Why the hell are you still playing it?

You can put out wild fires with your hands, ice, or poop. You can also put out fires with ice and ice staff. The fucking flame hounds are the real bullshit. Move your base underground.

It's also worth noting that the game isn't about base building at all.

then you havent played anything outside streamlined casual games.

I never had a problem with the mouse control actually, it's really just the physics itself that annoys me. It feels fine if you're just walking around on flat surfaces, but when you start jumping or dealing with slopes it feels like you lose control.

They don't require precise controls.

i was explicitly thinking 4x games which you are right are pretty casual but unless there is a timer per turn, in my experience, there is no use for precision in a turn based game

I don't. That portion was about the demo to the sequel.

I get my thrills playing various half-baked openxcom mods. I'm not desperate enough to stick my dick back in Xenonauts, no matter how much I want it to be playable.

Super Mario World

It's in that bizarre in-between realm of not having the expressiveness, style, and detail of later 16-bit games (Yoshi's Island is a good example, since it's effectively a successor to Mario World) while still being too technologically advanced to have an excuse, unlike its 8-bit predecessors. It gives off a very uncanny valley vibe, where the characters feel like soulless effigies, the music is very basic, and overall the game world just feels toylike and fake. It just feels eerie to me, but the effect has lessened over time.

It really does look like hot shit compared to the first Sonic.

It was released on an unfinished state so it could be released alongside the SFC, Miyamoto and his team started working on it as soon as they were done with SMB3.

Come to think of it, the same is true for Mario 64. It's not really fair to compare it to Crash, since that didn't have to deal with big open areas, but that game crammed so much detail into the levels, and personality into the character. Mario 64 just looks empty and strange.

Mario 64 holds up a lot better than Crash Bandicoot, both visually and gameplay-wise

It may be one of my favorites but it gives me constant paranoia by the fact that there's either a double e-sword traitor or a ling and I'm the number 1 prey for them if they go full murderbone.
But then again,it's kinda my fault for picking Grey instead of a comfier job.also two of my robusts tricks can save me from those kinds of situations,and they're too situational

No, not really.
Unless you're like, talking wrath of cortex.

I kind of thought FFIV was in a similar boat in regards to technology being better than what they really did with it. Though FFIV was originally going to be for the NES so they probably rushed to write this shit for the SNES at some point. Maybe the different game type or something was why it got away with it for me in contrast to SMW.

This was kind of mentioned in those posts about development of Crash Bandicoot back when platformers were just starting to really push into 3D. Crash was intended to be a lot more focused and detailed whereas SM64 was about being more open. SM64 probably was hailed a lot better for its freedom and 3D space since that was a pretty big thing to see.

At least from a technical perspective, talking from PS1 Crash games, I'd say Crash was a lot more visually intensive. They were doing lots of crazy shit that made other devs think Naughty Dog was getting special treatment from Sony. Vertex animation and the heavily detailed environments, particularly. SM64 is open but visually pretty bare.

I'm talking about CB1 and it's ugly muddy graphics, the gameplay of Crash Bandicoot was pretty attrocious too.

Oh so you have shit opinions. Understood.

Good point, I didn't think about the "wow" factor of such a thing. That's really lost its effect, for sure.

Not an argument tbh fam 😧

I dunno, isn't that the most comfy part about it?
Like everything fucked and there's no hope left, and you watch this amazing civilization in its final deathrows

See, that one thing would have been fine.

EXCEPT SUMMER HEAT AND WINTER COLD AND SPRING RAIN STILL HAPPENS UNDERGROUND

Don't post my waifu you piece of shit

Absolutely perfect game besides the framerate, which is really hard on my eyes and gave me a headache. It's locked at 15FPS and I don't know of a sourceport or mod or anything that fixes it.

Not as bad a game as I expected, but shitty control and level design. Started to enjoy it when I figured out how to add the soundtrack, but then it wore off when I got to the retarded final boss and ending.

You're always getting swarmed by these fucking blue jet things and other distracting bullshit. It feels like flies are buzzing around you while you play. You get over it once you git gud and then it's a decent game. I think I've beaten it either two or three times.

Shitty remakes where the graphics are the same but the physics are different. You always expect things to behave like in the original version, so you react accordingly and die.

Level design was pretty good in Q2, the backtracking made sense and it generally felt like you're infiltrating an alien base. The slow gameplay was the real reason the game sucked. MP was so boring no one played it.

Except that they do, for the enemies.
and not only that.

DS is a fucking bullshit game exactly because it plays like DS for the player, but it plays like DMC / MGR for the enemies.

There has never been any nerf in DD except the abilities that benefit the Assassin the most, and that only happens in DA. And even then, the only version available to the PC is DDDA, so those who only played on PC wouldn't have known. The nerf simply turns the Assassin from downright cheating to a just a bit OP class, so it's not really a big deal. In addition to that shit, I never liked the Assassin class because I felt the armor designs and indirectly, the character design possibilities that work well with said armors, are just 2edgy4me.

You are.

The latest fad. Which is why nu/v/ plays Mass Effect 4 and Overwatch, handwaving it as irony. But when you actively chastize them for the poor choice, they actually answer that they do because everyone is doing it.

You're just a self-hating redditor.

Abuse is awesome, and it includes the game editor that they designed the game with.

It is, I just can't play it very long because of the FPS lock. Is there a version without it?

Also Warframe.
Also Binding of Isaac.
I fucking hate this. I drop game instantly when this happens.

I agree

I don't play any of those games. Do you enjoy outing yourself a shitposting good for nothing?

For me it's anything with the Tim Burton-esque disturbed art style. Stuff like Don't Starve, or Human Resource Machine, or Psychonauts. They just look wrong.
I also find it difficult to get comfy in Monster Hunter. I don't it's intentionally clunky because of stupid reasons, but it's still clunky.

Dont even mention it nigga.

The style just reeks of insecurity and a desperate want to appear psychologically damaged because the artist doesn't actually have anything interesting going on in their lives and focusing on personal achievement is oppressive. It's essentially a supplemental tragic personality you see every goth and emo faggot parading around.

Nice armchair psychology.

I'm sitting in a stool you queer.

Demonophobia. It's just fucked up, and every death scene goes on for far too long.

Demonophobia. It's just fucked up and every death scene goes on for far too long.

It's a fucked up guro fetish kusoge, fuck you for reminding me of that game's existence.

Sector Eridanus

I really want to love this game unconditionally but random level up stats trigger my autism

you can get so goddamn overpowered it doesn't even matter.

If it was rational I wouldn't call it autism.

Never had so much fun while having my shit kicked in at every turn.
Possibly the most uncomfortable, next to Pathalogic.

Fuck, I keep wanting to replay this but then I remember that sector and Grus

First time I played it, I thought Holla Forums was a bunch of bitch ass babies for finding it hard. Right up until Eridanus.

I still love the game despite it though

You can only not see it, because your life is bleaker than the game.

It's comfy in the same way stalker is comfy

INCOMING AUTISTIC RAGE ON MY PART

The obsession with "PERFECT BALANCE" (Read: Will never fucking happen) Has ruined MMOs- and is now ruining single player games you already paid for as well.

Because everyone will interpret something being overpowered or fair differently- The guy eating a 6 second stun will scream overpowered- The guy with the 6 second stun on a two minute cooldown with a two second "PLEASE INTERRUPT ME" windup begs to differ.

So it creates a sort of arms race of adjusting numbers internally no matter single player or multiplayer until everyone does roughly the same numbers or nothing actually meshes or compliments the other because combinations and tactics are overpowered.

Guess what? When everything is about the same in every situation- It feels fucking boring and samey.

SHOCKER, I KNOW!

The fact the "no fun" cancer has spread to single player games that can drop when you least expect it with no recourse or rollback is just the cherry on the shit cupcake.

It certainly doesn't help that the preferred method of fixing it is always just taking away things instead of adding more things to counter it.

Post some games that are supposed to be uncomfy and nail it.

I've never played this. Got a quick synopsis?

World of Warcraft got fukkin dropped when everything became generic stats- And they realized that "My numbers went up" in lieu of cool effects was bullshit a few expacs too late- So everyone gets this weird powerful weapon with a bonus ability they can unlock otherwise it's "not fair" if you don't have it.

It's an SJW game.

It's not an SJW game. The creator became an SJW after making it, but the game itself doesn't have any SJW features.
Not defending him, he's become a retard and I'm disappointed in him, but LISA itself isn't tainted by any of that.

I hope you're enjoying those (You)s.

Post apocalyptic wasteland where women curiously were purged in the event that destroyed everything. Olathe (the region where the game takes place) is a mass of violence, perversion and monsters - actual monsters, heavy body horror stuff. It's an unforgiving RPG where party members can be permanently killed off in a menagerie of ways.

The story is about a man named Brad Armstrong who is a deeply unwell man psychologically with a heavy past. One day he comes across a baby, a female baby. He and the guys he lives with decide to take care of it until two of them conspire to deliver the baby to a warlord in an effort to save mankind. From there Brad resolves to get the child back while hallucinating about his sister who killed herself long before the disaster happened.

But as this user said, the creator kind of went batshit on twitter.

Lisa is a trilogy. LISA - LISA The Painful and LISA the Joyful. Spoiling it now, The Joy wasn't received very well. It tied the story up very poorly.

Curiously though are the huge amount of fan games that came out. I personally think Lisa the Pointless is on par/superior to the Painful both from a story perspective and absolutely gameplay wise.

Lisa the pointless feels like the real project and Lisa the Joyful feels like the sloppier fan work.

A turn based RPG where you only play as one variety-less character for 90 percent of the game is not enjoyable- I don't care if it ties in with the mood/theme that I'm not supposed to enjoy it.

Never heard of it? Is it really that good?

I think it's pretty damn good. The gameplay is much better than Joyful and more indepth than Painful. The story is good too and I'm looking forward to the next installment of it.

Sadly there aren't many playthroughs of it and what's on youtube is festered with obscure let's players who are your typical obnoxious faggots.

The music is great, really carries on that weird Lisa style but better.

youtu.be/map8K1mVS98

youtu.be/5UI5gc7G9KQ

My only grievances is that there aren't that many joy mutants. Just two as far as I know.

Stay mad

Fuck off, OnlyAfro

What's LtP's story?

It's an SJW game. Don't act like just because there isn't any SJW shit in the game that it isn't. Separating artist from art is a retarded leftist meme

You play as Alex Churchland, a failed martial artist and former garbage man who has been beaten half to death and left to die on Garbage Island. He is rescued by a man named Joel, and agrees to accompany him on his travels. From there, Alex resolves to get off of Garbage Island and find a place that he can live in peace.

This. It builds more upon Olathe than the original games ever did. Alex and Joel do get off Garbage Island in an attempt to find "the city" where everyone else is trying to go. The people that control the island aren't particularly happy about this but the game does end with you getting in an armored vehicle and driving off. The city itself looms in the background towards the very end of the ride and it ends there. Another installment is currently in the works.

What?

The full game, you mean. There's only a demo out right now.

Yes, and? Don't tell me you're one of those cancerous fags who watches other people play games for them.

I cannot tell wether you are legitimately retarded or not.

What, you going to say this is shitty art because Picasso went to shit over time?

Honestly I find the style in SMW better and more comfy than 3. Then again I prefer world over 3 in just about every way so I guess that's not saying much.

Based on that logic Tetris will make you a commie.

Shit going the complete opposite end of that spectrum is just as bad

Have you seen how retarded people can be with balance? Just touch planetside 2, balance is completely thrown out of the window in that game.

i could write pages and pages about how fucking BROKEN the input buffer in 1 is but i have other things to do and i'm sure you can google moveswapping and tumblebuffing

I mean don't get me wrong I have 10,000 hours in the game but it's clunky and sloppy as fuck.

You should play DS2, then. Not only do enemies have finite stamina, certain spells drain stamina on hit, so you can totally prevent certain enemies from attacking and enemies that go into zero or negative stamina have unique poses or animations to let you know they're exhausted.

Enemies will never voluntarily exhaust their own stamina, though. they'll stop mid-combo and refuse to attempt dodges when it would put them in an exhausted state. Bit weird, that.

Oh and I almost forgot my favorite bug when I played through with sorcery: Because lockon range is the distance from the target to the camera, locking on to a target can cause the camera to move out of lockon range when it swings behind you, causing the game to break lockon because you locked on.

Reminder that this is what Kooch actually believes.

i hate when people think theyre actually playing the game when theyre just abusing something thats broken.
git. gud. scrub.

I never understood why you'd want balance in a single player game at all, especially in RPGs. Sure, that would mean some methods would be objectively better for beating the game than others, but getting to the end of a game as quickly and cleanly as possible has rarely been the point of RPGs, or most games in general really. Using weaker classes/weapons/abilities/etc. provides a different experience and therefore adds more replay value to a game. Can you imagine how boring something like VTM:B or FFTactics or even most Mario games would be if everything in those games were well balanced? It would take away like 90% of what makes them fun.

Yeah, it figures leftists aren't the only retards who desire to make everything a political issue.

A: They start it 99% of the time.
B: I don't generally support people who hate my guts. Conveniently they don't usually make good games so it's not a hard choice.

really nigger?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean we should also strive to make apolitical things political.
That's fine, I feel the same way. You could just say "the creator is now an SJW so you shouldn't buy this game." The game itself does't have any SJW elements in it so it's not accurate to call it an "SJW game", but it is accurate in this instance to call it an "SJW's game".

sure find that hard to believe. its certainly not the case on Holla Forums

literally andromeda-tier trash, I have no idea why this shit got so popular

Who banned Jontron, who fucked up the MN9 community, who released shitty localization, etc etc etc.

FUCKING Holla Forums PUSHING POLITICS INTO VIDYA REEEEEEEE

It's an SJW game

hoo boy, so before the thread gets completely derailed by retard logic I'll go ahead and say I always found Chameleon Twist to be somewhat unsettling on some level when I played it as a kid.
I think it probably had the potential to be comfy, and the gameplay itself was entertaining enough, but there's something about it that just felt empty and soulless to the point where if I played it for more than 30 minutes it bummed me out.

the entire premise of the game being a chameleon experiencing a fleeting moment of sapience is enough to make anyone feel down if you ask me.

Well ten year old me wasn't thinking about that sort of shit, but that is also a good point.

why

Couldn't even get through it, felt so unrewarding for the endless struggle and walking place to place for no apparent reason.

I had this feeling with all the Witcher games, I started them all and never got into any of it. Seriously I love rpgs, magic and sex, so Witcher should have been my honeypot but I just think they are so boring.

WORKING
AS
INTENDED
Fuck everything.

Thank god I'm not the only one, fuck that shit

I feel you. It's good, but damn if it doesn't feel like it doesn't actually want me to play.

Never heard of this, will check it out!

Lol, this is fucking bait. Q2 was massively popular in the late 90s.

JESUS FUCK, THIS IS NOT COMFY

This this this
SMW will always be better and more comfy than SM3.

THIS GAME IS NOT FUCKING COMFY

What are good monster raising games?

The comfiest monster raising game I personally found was Rancher 1 and rancher 3.

2 is harder because stress was amped up with sledgehammer penalties, forcing you to feed your monster mint leaves at the beginning of every month or they die tin 2 years with all stats under 200.

It's mind-bogglin how bad the singleplayer combat in DaS3 is. Instead of doing long hauls between bonfires that require careful thinking and resilience, you get short gauntlets of spammy enemies with shit-tier flailing animations that make no sense.

Fuck YOU. That's the best puzzle game I've ever played!
World of Google

A game called Super Mario World 2 is effectively a successor to Super Mario World? You don't say…

I tried the game 3 times. I love the concept, the atmosphere, the design etc… but the walking-simulator aspect of it it just so bad.

He hates it!

^.^

God damnit, this. Every fuckaround game always has this kind of meddling in it.

Borderlands 2 (despite being from Queerbox, Pansy Bitchfraud, and Captain Burch, made with Sega's money)
There's a rare shotgun called the Conference Call. When you fire it, extra pellet blasts come from the sides of whatever you hit with the main blast. Basically three-for-one. The game also has amplifier shields that when full, give a bit of your shield energy to whatever you fired, making it do amplified damage. It USED to work as adding amplification value to every bullet or pellet released when you fired once. This became absurd with the Conference Call, which could throw out 20+ pellets with a single shot. There's a shield called the Bee, which amplifies your damage by an extreme amount, and doesn't deplete itself when this amplification happens, unlike the non-rare amplifier shields. You used to be able to burn down the bullet sponge raid bosses with ease using this combo, NOPE, NERF IT. Now the damage is divided evenly across all bullets or pellets fired simultaneously, making it almost useless by comparison. You can still fall through the fucking map without warning, though.
Publishers only have street shitters and the like doing post-launch updates, so all they can do is tweak values and nerf shit. Shit you could do with GORILLAS.BAS and make each banana like a nuke.
Same with Binding of Isaac. It's singleplayer unless you can get someone to come over and spawn in a second player familiar. The whole game was all about breaking it over your goddamn knee, but nope, nerf everything, reduce spawn rates and drop rates, and dick around with room layouts. Sure, now the game has mods and stuff, but it's not the same. Feels more like using cheat codes, even though it's not.

The left cannot bear to see anybody having a good time, and they simply must drop everything they're doing to come running over and shit it up.

Arguing with a leftist is like arguing with (((them))). When you corner them with facts, they dismiss everything and shut it down or run away, then come back crowing about their victory, refusing to speak with you.

you deserve to be spaced