Can we have an unknown indie games thread?

Can we have an unknown indie games thread?

Found this the other day glitchhikers.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fighunter.com/?page=games
kickstarter.com/projects/lefthanded/lobodestroyo-3d-action-platformer-game
lefthandedgames.com/?p=133
superbossgaiden.superfamicom.org/
asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/games/index.html
asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/blog/2014/12/12/games-in-2014/
docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1FJe55X_lxxeDJaUDRYR3pmUTA
youtube.com/watch?v=ycpGvL_hRQY
vltmn.itch.io/endless-express
store.steampowered.com/app/48900/
steamcommunity.com/id/amigarules/
youtube.com/watch?v=KGO3b2FMh2I
youtube.com/watch?v=7qxnG0Cg8FI
hk-devblog.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks a bit memey, but nice

Copy Kitty here is basically an arena brawler type thing, where you can not only collect enemy powers but also combine them into bigger more bombastic attacks.
I've got loads of games to talk about, just say the word.

go ahead user, tell me more

r34 when

this is familiar…

oh shit

stealth shill thread everyone

140 is a short, simplistic platformer with gameplay-tied music.

the word

Oh hey, a chance for me to shill the shit out of MARDEK RPG again.
fighunter.com/?page=games

kickstarter.com/projects/lefthanded/lobodestroyo-3d-action-platformer-game
Whatever happened to THIS?

Whatever happened to that one kikestarted game that read the file structure of your computer to generate a dungeon or some shit? Never heard of it since 2015.

Meteor is a top-down shooter game with funky music

Still getting updates
lefthandedgames.com/?p=133

I had played the demo of this one and it was a fun point n' click game. Also the russian accent adds another layer of comedy for me

I like the artstyle, very unique for an indie game.

The Quest from the same people deporting Aliens

IT'S THE MYSTERY GANG FUSED INTO ONE MEDIEVAL CHARACTER!

Woah

shill spotted, nobody talks like this

Well, I managed to pull myself off my distractions finally, so here's something: Fairy Bloom Freesia, a side scrolling arena brawler with elements of DMC-style combo stringing and dodge canceling.

And here's Lobotomy Corporation. It's still in early access, but hey, it's a management sim based around running the SCP foundation, and that's funny enough to warrant a look-see.

there's the successor game by edelweiss that looks even better. Also has comfy father and daughter Japanese rice farming.

Are there beneficial Scips in that game? I always liked messing around with artifacts.

Well, they're not real SCPs, just original character do not steal versions called Anomalies, but some of them are similar. The first one you get is just a floating skull that does nothing but listen to your workers confess their sins and increase their mental health, or there's a plague doctor-looking bastard who will "baptize" them and give them increased stats across the board, but after he's baptized twelve people he evolves and all the affected workers transform into monsters. Probably more are on the way, being early access and all.

Holy shit. Thank you! I wonder if it's still being ported over to the Wii U version…

Okay, that looks stupidly fun.

Bump

this really make me want to play the game… not

Fortune Summoners. It has fucking amazing pixel art, music, combat, and AI. The story is just… there, but that's the only flaw that I can say it has. A lot of people bitch about the controls because they're retarded, but if you can, give the game a try.

The deeloper had to stop making games though because it hasn't sold too well ;_;

Holy shit

You should, it's actually really nice

something about that tells me it's not even a game

unless you can tell me about an interesting game mechanic the game utilizes

It's not really about one mechanic but more about how the atmosphere created by visuals and music coupled with an interesting RPG-like dialogue tree and weird thing happening makes it interesting to play.

superbossgaiden.superfamicom.org/

Yep, it's an indie "game" alright.

That's like saying Fallout isn't worth playing because it's main game mechanic is just a tactical RPG.
I mean if you want to just judge a completely free game without even giving it a try go ahead, it's just kind of retarded to judge a book by its cover.

Could you be any more cancer?

Why?
What's wrong with appreciating visuals, music and weird shit?

he asked you to name a sentence written in the book and you told him there are no senteces.

You just said what anyone who enjoys Tumblrtale or some other indie trashware game would say. And no, none of the Fallout games are worth playing.

Where's the game, nigger?

Where's the game?

I told him that's it's not about a sentence but more about the full thing.

I mean you're just wrong nigga.

Right on the link I posted.

Again, you guys are free to not even try it. Everybody enjoys different things in games, there's space for someone that enjoys both tight action and some atmospheric shit the rest of the time.

Posted without comment.

Yeah, and that is a 60$ buggy unfinished game.
Instead of a free game that is finished.

You do see how the two things are completely different, yeah?
Also No man's sky has no atmosphere, it has no music and most of all has no story whatsoever.

of course there wouldn't be an atmosphere in space, idiot.

t. sean murray

That's a pretty good joke

asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/games/index.html
asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/blog/2014/12/12/games-in-2014/

I'm not though. The graphics and sound design/music are the only two things in your statement that matter, and without solid gameplay the entire thing sucks fucking ass and is a waste of time. If Doom was just Wolfenstein 3D with ceiling and floor textures, light variation, a better soundtrack and better textures in general, no one would remember it would they? Story in a fucking video game is the most pointless shit ever, and the fact there's people who would put more effort into it rather than making good gameplay is just pathetic. Sad.

Dubs of truth.

Antharion is a pretty good RPG.
Shame that sometimes loot for side-quests (I.e. Emmas Ring and shit like that) just doesn't drop.

But that's just not true. Deus Ex, Metal Gear, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, literally every worthy RPG ever would be nothing without a good story. Morrowind would just be a really shitty broken game without its lore and its writing.

A game is everything. A game is gameplay, music, visuals and story. You can remove one or two for some games, but a game that has all will always be more entertaining than a game that has only one.

It's just a dumb point of view to completely exclude story because apparently now it's a meme. Half of the games that are constantly praised on this board would be fucking trash without the story that accompanied them.

Whatever nigga, keep thinking how you want. I'll enjoy both good gameplay and good stories because I'm not some elitist asshole with his head so up his arse that he can't see the idiocy he's spouting.

alrite, you got me, tear me a new asshole

You mean, Is a shitty broken game, even with it's lore and writing.

No, he was right the first time. He's saying the lore and writing makes Morrowind worth playing, even if the game itself is shitty and broken.

Which is something you could have gotten in a tabletop game, as shitty and as broken in both senses of the word as they are. Same with Baldur's gate which is just DnD, Fallout which is just GURPS, Deus Ex which is just Shadowrun with a lot of homebrew. Metal gear invented the genre of Stealth gameplay, even.

See how all of those examples are games?

Tabletop requires friends.

But remove the story and they're shallow and boring.

dont mind if i do

I liked Samurai Gunn, not sure if it's unknown or not though.

Good idea, okay gameplay, very poor realization.
too bad, it had lots of potential

Explain, user.

Fucking wrong. What is Angband, Nethack, or general traditional(read: not dogshit indie trashware) Roguelikes? Roguelikes are the only good traditional RPGs, that is, RPGs not dilluted with aspects from good genres like FPS, Strategy and "Action". And God damn are they good!

Gosh, if those games are shallow and uninteresting yours is REALLY gonna suffer without them, ain't it?

From what I remember, which is not much since I played the very first beta that was posted here maybe a year and a half ago, the whole tech universe looked really interesting same for the gameplay.
But then it just kinda fell on its face and failed to do anything interesting with either of those things.

Not sure if it's been changed since then

Would Binding of Isaac be worth anything without its weird lore? No, it would be just another traditional Roguelike. Same goes for most others.

Writing and lore always has a part in it, even if it's minor. Even in shit like Dwarf Fortress where the story is dynamic and made by you.

Also I have never played Angband.

Also I didn't say a game couldn't be good without a story, there's plenty that are, I'm just saying that by adding some sort of story or lore the game gets a new level that makes it more interesting. It just so happens that the vast majority of the traditional RPGs that are cult classics have back mechanics and are remembered moslty because of their story.

I don't know what this means

Nice double post, faggot

what

Is it not?

It's actually impossible to type a reply to this post. This post serves as its own reply, there's no need for a rebuttal. Some key excerpts:

I played the demo and enjoyed it before they locked the extended demo behind an Early Access paywall. The game is really more open with the customization and the new elements. I'm trying not to spoil myself too much, as well as buy it first day of release to see if it lived up to its hype.
I remember it was pretty good. They added some PvP elements, ice and shock abilities, improved the pixelart and they're onto the final version of the release, supposedly in summer of this year.
There were indiegogo stretch goals regarding online multiplayer, co-op and such. Shame that didn't go through. I believe they almost didnt make it to the goal and had to ask for a loan.
The story isn't groundbreaking, but the gameplay is cool imo, and the presentation is neat. Out of what I got, at least.

It's an ouroboros of stupid.

I don't think you got my point. That's okay though, everybody's entitled to their own opinion.

More openness might have made it better, maybe I'll give it a shot again in the future.

Don't care much about those, multiplayer for indies usually lasts weeks, if not days.

Almost forgot about Kero Blaster

And Baldr Sky

Although it doesn't live to it's predecessor you still have a great taste, user.

I'm not sure how well this is known, but CrossCode is something that I've been enjoying a lot.

SNES-like action RPG akin to Seiken Densetsu 3, (sans the co-op, sadly) that goes into full release in May.

tehres a magical hammer that can be used on "emergencies"
Also liked that "Rudolph" one

Fragments of Euclid is interesting little puzzler. Only about 45-ish minutes worth of gameplay, but it is free.

Already posted:

they are
the controls, that is

good for them

Oh shit this looks cool

Fortune Summoners sucks

So not a game.

shit, i forgot to quote

Ring Runner is a game that starts off as a kind of lame 2d space dog fighter and quickly becomes one of the best and most deep games you'll ever play. The amount of ship and weapon customization is amazing, with various archtypes like a standard assault, a heavy missile launcher arsenal, and more odd shit like casters(mage type ships) and grapplers(most of your attacks revolve around you slamming your enemy into something, whether it be with repulsion, tractor beams or your flails, or various other things) and a rogue(stealth type ship with a really neat beacon gimmick).

There's a very nice demo up for it, it frequently goes down in price from 5 dollars to 1 dollar and it's a surprisingly long game.
Hash:
ffe3d03540947e2276ca741fc8e8dd699927f8c4

Speaking of Spess games, is Rebel Galaxy an unknown game?

My nigger

Kung Fu Strike is a chinese/taiwanese(I'm not sure which) 3D kung fu brawler that's probably one of the most fun games while simultaneously being one of the most infuriating games I've ever played. I can't explain it but it's really cool, really fun and incredibly hard.
I'm not sure where the devs are now(can't even find a trace of their existence anymore) and I'm not sure if the game is for everyone so here's a DL.
docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1FJe55X_lxxeDJaUDRYR3pmUTA
Also you might want to use a hex editor to cheat yourself gold, all the cool shit is locked behind mountains of gold for which you get at most 500 per level.

Brigador. Isometric shooter, with a bitching soundtrack and the ability to smash your way through almost anything. Weapons range from cannon to machineguns to lasers to balls of molten metal to UV emitters to sonic shockwaves that can level a block in one go. If you liked the Strike series (Desert, Jungle, ect) definitely give it a go. Or if you like:

The trailers are pretty shit though.
youtube.com/watch?v=ycpGvL_hRQY

Seconding this. Brigador is gud.

I've had this in my wishlist for months
So much shit to play, so little time

Shitty gind a-thon.

Reposting from last night's Sonic thread. Spiritual successor to F-Zero.

And a Sonic clone tribute from the same dev.

Kirbyish freeware game. The dev is on hiatus, but a meaty demo's out.

Gonna trigger some people by also suggesting this. Walking simulator, very surreal, very relaxing.

vltmn.itch.io/endless-express

I tried to look up gameplay but every video is HEY WHAT'S UP GUYS GENERIC GAMER HERE.

its like pottery

Story is necessary for framing, it can provide poignancy and motivation beyond what gameplay alone can. Also maybe, just maybe, your game has an arc and you want it to have a start middle and end.

If it's well written story is invaluable, if it's trash which I'll grant you is a lot of the time then it should be sidelined.

I've seen that game and it fucking sucks. It's basically just really try hard shit about philosophy for 12 year olds. No wonder it won canadian first prize for indie game.

embed related pleasantly suprised me when I was trying out random games with tactis in the title to scratch my SRPG itch.
The story is pretty boring and the art isn't great, but the gameplay is pretty gud.

Unlike most SRPGs it doesn't have one battle after the other, but has an open world to explore and battles happen whenever you run into enemies.
Exploration is actually nice in the game since you can use spells and items to create paths and find secrets, like using an ice spell to freeze water to cross a river or using an axe to cut down a tree that's in your way.

It also has 18 jobs and a FFT style system where you unlock more advanced jobs by getting enough points in simpler jobs
like 500 xp in archer and 600 xp in mage unlock a magic archer
In addition to the active skills from the jobs your 4 man pare are currently in they can also equip another set of active skills from a different job and 3 passive skills from any job so customization is pretty deep

o-oh. So you don't know, do you?
Pseudolonewolf got dumped by his GF, went into a two year psychological journey during which he found his inner faith, and now is rebooting the Mardek series to be about relationship trouble, emotional support and feelings, with the main character race-bent into a black tribal dude, and greater emphasis on female side characters, with some of them being genderbent from males in the original.
Also he has literal brain cancer. Like, diagnosed by doctors.

I have bought this game but only got an hour into it. Have managed to beat the game? Does it get better with, enemies, weapons, environment, etc. or is it just sort of wandering to the next place after the next place/you see what you get at the very beginning kind of game?

(fine numbers)
what do you know, it's made by one of the guys behind Limbo and Inside

These things go hand in hand, it seems.

DONT MAKE ME REMEMBER
I PLAYED THE FIRST ONE WHEN HE FIRST MADE IT
I PLAYED ALL OF THEM
TO THE THIRD
THEY WERE SO GOOD AND I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR FOUR
THEN THIS SHIT

NOW HES A TUMBLRITE
HE LITERALLY WENT "IM STARTING ON MARKEK 4"

NEXT TIME HE SAID "WHY KILL MONSTERS? THATS SO CRUEL. LOVE THEM INSTEAD"

FUUUUCK

You tell me.
I spent more time sperging out over those games than probably anybody else. I edited the wiki, scavenged through the files, wrote autistic fan theories about the setting and the characters. I went and tracked Pseudolonewolf to his most ancient shitty websites to find his old games.
One time I even dabbled in SWF editing to make a fan-spinoff-hack with Steele being the protagonist.

Now my only goal in life is convincing as many people as possible to play MARDEK so they can suffer alongside me, aware that no more games will ever be made.

Ah and also
You don't, by any chance, know anything about a game by the name of "Fighunter Online", now do you?

Oh man, I remember being alive when the third chapter released. Completely blown away by how much was packed into a small swf.

I'm always nostalgic for the olden golden days of Flash. So many people here post the low-effort ass hunter games and yet I remember the huge projects.

should mention that it's taking fucking forever to get done, but so far it's pretty good.

Pottery.

Saira
A puzzle platformer that are dime a dozen. This one's about exploring a solar system and doing puzzles and shit. Really nice momentum-based platforming, good puzzles, great atmosphere, and it just nails that feeling of exploration.
Also it's free on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/48900/

I know, right? Chapter 3 was like, solid 15 - 20 hours if gameplay on its own, with actual good dialogue, gameplay and music.
Those were golden years of flash games.
Now you're lucky to find something that's not a pay-to-win FF clone or a pay-to-win cookie clicker clone

nope, fuck that SJW shit

that was the "mmo" he started. I think I even played whatever really shitty demo he made… you'd start in a tiny village… I think you went south into a cave, and fought mobs on a tactical grid system.. I think that's how it went. Did he completely erase all history of it? Whatever

That's a different one. I mean, the same one… but a different one.
The one I'm referring to was made ages before mardek, deliverance or the one you're referring to.
It was completely lost to the depths of internet, then briefly re-surfaced somewhere between the release of mardek 1 and 2, and then was lost again. I've been trying to find the file for years, but there are hardly any signs of it.

you lost?

you should've also mentioned early access

Under normal circumstances, I'd want to recommend Escape Goat 1 and 2 for being fun and interesting puzzle platformers, but seeing as the publisher is Double Fine, I dunno.

I cannot even remotely fucking remember what this one game was called and it's driving me nuts. It was either RPGmaker or in the style of one.

It had a space funeral-esque aesthetic but more cohesive

It had a morality system where skills were linked to good evil and neutral paths

And the MC was a orange or pinkish orange knight guy with an absurdly big helmet, and your first party member was a naked karate rabbit.

Wilfred the hero?

HOLY SHIT THANK YOU

It's been goddamn years and I have been asking everywhere every few months.

Jesus christ. A+ to you user. You put a search to an end.

I also reccomend Sunset Over Imdahl, it's buy the same guy but it's not abstract like Wilfred kind of is. And if you want more decent RPGmaker games play the ones by Lysander86, A Blurred Line, The Frozen World, and The Blue Contestant.

Thanks that was pretty fun.

There needs to be a cutoff date for this kind of shit. Why would I ever support these undisciplined fucks?

yeah its pretty obscure, thats what RockPaperShitgun and Unitaku told me if I say so myself

/thread

Looking forward to this one.

The whole idea of social combat was great for that Clarence RPG he wanted to make but he just HAD to shit all over his work.

you dont?

What?

Gemcraft was a tower defense game i really liked back in the day

Lots of good i wanna be the guy games (no really, i swear)

Bonesaw is a super tight platformer, one of the most solid games ive ever played, with great bosses, id compare this to yoshis island in terms of scope and quality. You play as a hockey player trying to save his team from the evil refs with help from the legendary hockey stick called the bonesaw ("BONESAW IS READY" plays every time you activate it)

Played off recently, game was alright, very surreal, but fairly easy rpg (puzzles were pretty cool, paper and pen required)

Payed iji for the first time the other day, holy shit it was fun, although not really unknown, worth checking out if you havent done so. Just recieved an update after like 7 years or something

Not sure if anodyne is well known, played it recently, pretty much a just a surreal 2d zelda clone with the strangest postgame ive ever seen

Copy kitty is %400 a game worth checking out, like kirby but way over the top with combining powers

I tried, but I can't stand all the grind. Into the trash it goes.
They should've done it like in HLD or Furi.

Reassembly

Abstract top-down view.
Build spaceships and carriers, that build more spaceships.
Conquer sectors.
Defeat factions.
Unlock parts.

That looks based off of "battleships forever" (inspired by "warning forever")

true that. In Clarence, it actually belonged, worked in context.
There was no need to move it over to MARDEK. Especially that it also erased a great already existing system.

How can you make this thread if they're unknown?

hyper light warrior wasn't good either, fam.

this looks fukken sweet.

???

what is that
can i fuck it

rip

Yes your game that I don't care to learn the name of. It wasn't good either.

Isn't that a guy?
I can't fap to this.
Wasn't this game supposed to get two cowgirls too a futa and a female, why weren't they added?

I'm working on a game and I'm looking for graphic artists, so I thought I'd write here.
It's gonna be a side scroller shooter with many weapons at the same time and ammo, normal health points and HP pickups, quick saves, stuff you'd normally have in a FPS game. The levels can be quite big, the real screen resolution is 640x360, one "sub level" is 4096x4096 pixels big and the level can be made out of up to 50x50 sub levels (320x568 screens). The levels could be even bigger, but I think that's big enough and such level would take about 20 mb of ram. I have an old 166 Mhz laptop with 48MB of ram and I'm trying to make it all work on that.

I don't have much of a game yet, I spent most of my limited time on the editor, so anyone could just pick it up and create levels. You can draw the whole level as one picture and then split it into tiles with my simple program, or draw everything using tiles from the in-game editor. The idea is to draw the whole level and split it using the program and then just fix potential issues with the editor.

If you have experience with making maps for GoldSRC or Source in Hammer… that's how I want to make my level logic i.e You link triggers with entities in a small window. I don't have the editor that can do that yet, but the "under the hood" stuff is already in place and as it is right now, it uses a text file as a script file.

You can change a lot of stuff with triggers. You can change the background (up to 3 layers), their scroll speed. You can change the colors in the palette, modify tiles, apply some effects onto them, even modify the level itself (for example remove couple of tiles to reveal entrance when something happens), spawn potential enemies or items. You can execute arbitrary console commands.

The game uses 256 colors only and uses SDL1 and SDL2. It runs on Linux and Windows and even on WIN98 on my old previously mentioned 166 Mhz Pentium 1 laptop. Problems with this laptop, though, is that its video chip is very slow. Very well build and optimised game like Jazz Jackrabbit runs at about 10 FPS in 640x480 resolution and I know a desktop PC with a normal VGA card could play this and mine game at 60 fps even on a slower CPU.

If you want to help out or just talk about stuff (I'd appreciate someone who I can brainstorm with) you can add me on steam
steamcommunity.com/id/amigarules/
I don't even have any games on it, I just use it as a chat program. If you have better option feel free to point that out. I'm from Poland and I always used the polish program GG

Here's few of my videos. Just keep in mind that they are quite old, I made some progress since then and I hope I will release a new video today or tomorrow.

youtube.com/watch?v=KGO3b2FMh2I
youtube.com/watch?v=7qxnG0Cg8FI

i think you've got the wrong thread fam

If I like a game I like a game.
I don't care who made it, especially if I don't have to pay for it.

Is this an actual game?

in development

give me the fucking name you goof

The blog hasn't had an update since christmas, are you sure you want the name user?

yes

_____no
just kidding, hk-devblog.com

Alright well that time it was filtered out. Filename related.

Alright so I can't see the link is apparently already there so nevermind.

Game is The Tenth Line, and I just learned it came out about a week and a half ago.

You know, Game Freak released a couple platformers on Steam and non-Nintendo consoles. They're even pretty cool, even if they're not Drill Dozer.

It hurts.

Bump

Anyone know what was the name of that game Jontron voiced?

you mean the game that he was cut from because of "being a nazi"?
You know absolutely well what the name was and you are asking just to start dramaposting

Did you know the guys who made La-Mulana made another big game before that? It's a fan-made sequel to the MSX version of Gradius 2 and it's really good

It's not yiffka lay-lee, there was another one and someone posted a source in another thread and I regret not clicking it. It was like a penguin.

A Hat in Time

my
DICK

thanks

Fucking seconding this.

The "no good games have come out for the last 5000 years" meme falls apart when you just stop looking.

this is my absolute favorite type of game.
Thanks, user, I've been playing it for a few hours now with the biggest smile

God damn, this needs to be remedied tout suite.

Hellion.
It's glitchy as hell right now, but when it gets some polish it's going to be such a comfy space sim.

No

Cunny

So what game was this?

HOPE YOU LIKE JAK X AND ROLLCAGE
These guys tried to release a kickstarter for their game but it failed and now awhile later it's on steam and multiplayer just launched. I'm sorry for my English.

Love that game. Whats your fastest boss rush time? Mine is 3:50

As far as roguelites go, if you don't have a seizure just at the thought of them, you could check out Catacomb Kids.

I still haven't beaten Medjed.

but is it as good? even for singleplayer? can i make a space empire and set up trade routes between them

Shit nigger I remember that game
8 chapters were planned 3 were made before dev stopped

Bumping with underrated gem

You almost had me there schlomo.

best thing about the dev is how all his game heroines are cute little girls

The trailer at least looks very high quality. I've played a few games of BoI recently, maybe I'll give that a shot.

I've been enjoying Steamworld Heist- didn't think I would.

AntharioN and Rogue Wizards are also good RPGs.

So, this horror game came out just a couple days ago. I don't know if it's RPG Maker or not, looks just a little more complex than that, but it could maybe be worth a shot.
I mean, it's already up on IGG, so why not?

Also, Dishwasher and Charlie Murder's steam pages are both up. They're aiming for an April release.

This game got obliterated from the thread, and i can't remember the name.
What was it again?

Nevermind, got it.
Name's Paradigm.

Crawl just left early access today, so if you're interested in that shit, give it a look-see. Provided you're not deathly allergic to early access games, or indie "pixel art". Aside from those things, it's a pretty solid local multiplayer hack and slash/party game.

armed with wings (the flash game from way back) is getting a standalone release; early access atm; should be released this year.

for me best thing about it is the art style

For people who still believe in the "inspired by Earthbound" meme, there's Citizens of Earth and Boot Hill Heroes. That second one especially; it's clearly an Earthbound knockoff right down to having the same sprite style and isometric view, but it's got FF4-style active time combat.

Oh my fucking christ, I can't believe I posted before mentioning the biggest draw of Boot Hill Heroes:
It's set in the wild west.

Citizens of Earth is a fucking buggy, boring awful mess.

It worked well enough on my computer, even if it was pretty boring, but I do acknowledge that it was very broken on consoles.

The one with the evil overlord as protagonist was way better.

There's one. Don't remember the name of it. It was on some literally what horror indie game list, despite not being horror.

Basically it started off with a DOS screen, similar to Superhot. You end up running this weird file and wind up in this horribly glitched landscape that you can barely even see in (it was practically TV static, but darker and easier on the eyes). While there was something creepy about it, the gameplay itself was all puzzle platforming. You had to click certain vague shapes in order to make them solid.

Last time I checked it was in alpha two years ago. Haven't seen or heard of it since, and worse, I forgot its name.

As in "hard crashing 3DSes", a feat I haven't seen replicated.

How is it?

Giga Wrecker is pretty ballin.

lol

I don't know if this counts as indie or not. It's developed and published by Ancient Corp as a sequel to an XBL game.