Resident Evil 7

Is Resident Evil 7 good enough for downloading? Heard some good things about it
Also could I run it on my 750ti?

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/game/content/?p=42506
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, and No.

It's alright, it's not 'back to it's roots' like game journos or e-celebs say but it's not 'outlast with guns' like some shitposters here say. It's 'good for what it is' tier. If you really like the re 5,6 you wouldn't like it, but then again if you expect the tank controls and waifus you'd be disappointed. Also the game falls apart after you leave the Baker Estate.

What's the deal with the resident evil series in general? Were 4, 5 and 6 any good?

4 was great.
5 is fun but is a terrible RE game.
6 is shit.

4 is a damn good game but not resident evil, 5 is shit, 6 is shitter but there are some dipshits that insist it's good because it CRAZY or bullshit.

Pirated it and it struggles on my gtx 760. I doubt you'll do any better.

4 is good game on its own but it ruined the series
5 is bad, though its tolerable in co-op with a friend
6 is just trash

I think RE7 was pretty good, brilliant in some areas. Limitations still apply for horror(ish) games to work, though.

You probably will need a faster card than the 750ti, though that is a favorite card of mine due to power efficiency, always useful even into the future.

4's fantastic. 5's a lot of fun, but deeply flawed and not spooky in the slightest. 6 is not fun in the slightest, incredibly shitty.

I think it's worth pirating although I wouldn't say the game's particularly good.

Its alright, better than 5 and 6

It's better than 4, 5 and 6… But it's not very "Resident Evil." The game could have been given its own franchise name and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

Wait for every DLC to come out then pirate it, a few good things to come out of it is Denuvo getting fucked within 24 hours of it being released.

4,5,6 are all practically exactly the same shit.
It's like liking Dark Souls and claiming Dark Souls 2 is complete shit when they're almost exactly the same game. It's like saying Super Mario 3 is the best game ever, but New Super Mario Bros is dog shit.

I will disagree with you on your Dark Souls comparison, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II have some pretty big design deviations from one another. The gameplay concept is the same, but the actual gameplay is fairly different. I do hate it when people hate on Dark II just cause it's the popular thing to do, though.

They play similarly, but 6 is just lame as hell. Levels, enemies, bosses etc. I liked 4 and 5 a lot, though 5 wasn't nearly as good as 4. 6 was just shit. 7 seems pretty lame as well. Just a jumpscare fest, and theres only like 3 enemy variants aside from bosses and they all look similar. Standard molded, crawling molded and bigger bullet sponge molded.

2 is the weakest in the series though. Still a decent game, but they went for quantity over quality, IMO. Theres more of everything, but its watered down as a result. And the world doesn't make sense at all, in the layout.

I'd say it's worth a pirate and playing through one time. It's flaws make replayability suck. Honestly I enjoyed it though, it actually gave me hope that Resident Evil can be good again.

2 > 7 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 6

Needed more Baker shenanigans.

DaS2 had the weakest maps for gameplay, couple unnecessarily goofy areas but the atmosphere was better than the bog-standard fantasy tripe of 1 and the shitty fantasy horror pulp style that 3 went after.

Nigga did you even play them? Dark Souls 2 feels like a fan game made by people who didn't know what made the first game good.

These anons are 100% correct. While the game is not perfect and it doesn't really feel like "RE is going back to it's roots" now this is coming from a person that has seen speedruns and other shit of other RE games but I haven't really played them myself I have only played RE6 with local co-op and it was fun but fun for the wrong reasons it was fun because it was a buggy piece of shit and it was fun to laugh at. RE7 does have very good atmosphere and as these anons stated the game's high point is the tense atmosphere at the beginning with Jack I think this was executed very well, later with the wife Margueritte it dwindles down a bit but is kind of made up with the fact that she's supposed to be disgusting and bugs are somewhat scary to some people I guess plus I think they did a decent job with her 2nd boss fight design (look-wise, gameplay-wise that boss was fucking buggy as shit) the "final" boss and Lucas area are underwhelming and the game just basically goes to shit once you get out of the Baker's house and into the mines and the real final boss is just downright awful the equates to basically a QTE if they would've just made the Bakers the actual antagonists maybe the game would've been better because of how well the tense atmosphere was in the house, not to mention at the later half of the game out of the baker estate they start going insane with the stupid jumpscares like that part of the game was just shoehorned in at the last second to explain some of the plot since I guess the info dump you get at the mine wasn't enough and it's disappointing because the jumpscares in the early part with Jack and Margueritte felt very well placed and genuinely got me. Anyway that's my 2 cents from my playthrough of the game I haven't played the DLC but I could never get it to work and from what I've seen it's just some mini-games and some more short sequences with info dumps you might as well just save your effort and watch on jewtube.

You have shit-taste.

The "worst" of good is still good. That's the problem. Everyone acts like because "Dark Souls II is the worst" that it makes it bad, and it's just not. And I disagree with you anyway. It's not objective, it's just like any other opinion, subjective.

There's a funny irony in that people say "DEMON'S SOULS WAS THE BEST SOULS GAME EVER" because they built the world around the warp mechanic where to get to any area you had to return to the Nexus and warp again, so there was always 2 loading screens to get anywhere, which made it a fairly poorly built world in that regard. Conversely Dark Souls II's world could be traversed without ever using warping once if you really cared, same as Dark Souls. Dark Souls III's world also placed progression behind warping, you couldn't leave the starting area without warping at least once.

So that aside, Dark Souls II's world building was done with more foresight in mind, they didn't build something like Lost Izalith where it's a fucking nightmarish bleed on the eyes if you see it without skyboxes blocking your view off to see just how badly they cut corners. In Dark Souls II they realized people are going to be looking at this shit, we better build it as best as we can. And for the most part, they did. It's inevitable that in any 3D game world that you'll have OOB glitches using the standard polygonal terrain, and Dark 2 had a pretty big one. You could access Drangleic castle without ever killing any of the Lord Souls by seam walking at the King's Gate area.. But this is no bed of roses ez mode type glitch, it was a hairline seam, if you deviated on the path, you fall to your death and have to start over. In Dark 3 they just completely fucking dropped the ball and the entire world is easy to traverse under the map, hell ever speedrun category for Dark 3 has the same OOB glitch in them which renders Aldrich incapable of reacting to the player killing him from under the map.

So technically speaking, Dark Souls II was a much better built world than Demon's Souls and it was more interesting (for me) than Dark Souls. Dark Souls III has the best built world yet, even though it relies so heavily on warping. That aside, Dark Souls II had much better combat than Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. Things like powerstancing, fast-paced combat, four categories of magic, and a good blend of restoration items as well as estus… Dark III's combat system is definitely a worthy comparison, with the focus points system, weapon arts to provide more interesting gameplay for non-mages… But they really fucking dropped the ball by making poise almost non-existent. The defense that I see a lot of people make for this is "poise is bad, it gets you killed" (stupid) or "the poise system is fine, you take a hit now so that you have the extra hyper armor later" (again, stupid). Namco Bandai say it's "working as intended," meanwhile Miyazaki himself said that he's embarrassed about the poise situation and would have liked to have fixed it. So the only way to get real poise in Dark III is to use the iron flesh spell, which is bullshit in and of itself, because it raises your resistances to like 70% each, and makes you UNSTAGGERABLE. The defense for THIS is "it's only 16 seconds," which is AGAIN, dumb. You can get a lot done in 16 seconds.

So overall, I find Dark Souls II's world more interesting than its predecessors especially with the Tolkien-inspired Pharros Stone passages, the more interesting environments, and the better detailed worlds. And its combat isn't slow and plodding like previous games, and provides mechanics which make every type of build interesting. The one thing they fucked up on was the durability bug, which they later fixed.

Overall, however, I think Bloodborne had some qualities to it that simply can't be matched by the Souls games.

I pirated it
Started it last night and played it for 3 hours without really getting bored and mind you, I normally get bored of strict horror games really fast because 1. jumps scares rarely phase me 2. the games usually have no game play. This game actually has interesting setting and interesting gameplay.

You wouldn't think it was a Resident Evil game, if you didn't read the title and I think that is what bothers me the most so far. While the theme is done well, creepy backwoods rednecks with super powers, it has some things that seem out place. Your in a dilapitated house lived in by mutant rednecks yet the house is loaded with Spencer Mansion tier puzzles, its odd and feels out of place. But the combat is actually pretty fleshed out, you can dodge, block and run to avoid taking damage from enemies that keep getting back up.

It feels that a lot of care went into the game as well. Sound design was on point, all sorts of little visual details that set up the world well. Its also full of references to classic horror movie I caught three in the opening few hours, Texas Chainsaw, Evil Dead, and Joun:The Grudge.

It not what I wanted, but I'm ok with it. I just have a terrible feeling, that this game is going to be Capcoms new Resident Evil 4 and they are going to make all their future RE entries like this. Which sucks because it means that the REmake2 is probably NEVER EVER.

The Spencer mansion stuff always feels out-of-place but I think that's part of their charm.
at the end Chris Redfield saves you while working for Umbrella
I thought REmake HD (or whatever they called it) sold really well. Why wouldn't they make REmake2?

Wouldn't be the first time capcom fucked up a character design.

It's okay, kind of disappointing really, people says it goes to shit when you get to the tanker but I started losing interest a few hours in when I got to the old house. The Baker estate feels really small compared to the Spencer Mansion.

The director actually confirmed that is Chris and not an impostor, he explain the design choices compared to RE6's Chris here:

capcom.co.jp/game/content/?p=42506